Coronavirus discussion

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
User avatar
Kelor
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5807
Joined: Sat Feb 12 7:19 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Kelor » Wed Mar 18 10:28 pm

"Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.". Adding the age statistics (which I didn't copy, but is in the article), I'm curious what the baseline is for "normal" death rates.

I'm starting to really hope that article is accurate.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Mar 18 10:35 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:22 pm
"More than 75% had high blood pressure, 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease" pretty much describes the elderly. They commonly have one, if not all three, of those conditions.
Diabetes and/or high blood pressure probably describes half of the American population over 35.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 18 10:37 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:35 pm
streakygopher wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:22 pm
"More than 75% had high blood pressure, 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease" pretty much describes the elderly. They commonly have one, if not all three, of those conditions.
Diabetes and/or high blood pressure probably describes half of the American population over 25.
Fixed, and maybe accurately.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5323
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 64 times
Age: 33

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Snowcool08 » Wed Mar 18 10:41 pm

I wonder myself how much this has to do with smoking as well. It’s a respiratory illness. You weaken your lungs by smoking and aging. China’s smoking rate is near 30%. Italy is around 25%. Minnesota is 14%. Add in the dense populations and it spreads like wildfire.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 18 10:43 pm

Jesse Case
@jessecase
·
Mar 17
The Vatican canceled Easter. You know how much stuff has to suck for the Pope to be like "you know what, this year Jesus stays dead".
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14318
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by streakygopher » Thu Mar 19 12:13 am

The Rube wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:37 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:35 pm
streakygopher wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:22 pm
"More than 75% had high blood pressure, 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease" pretty much describes the elderly. They commonly have one, if not all three, of those conditions.
Diabetes and/or high blood pressure probably describes half 75% of the American population over 25 12.
Fixed, and maybe accurately.
Fixed, and maybe even more accurately. :)

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6967
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 41

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Mar 19 12:47 am

D2D wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:01 pm
> At the front of the liquor store they had a large and almost imposing display of....you guessed it, Corona beer! I asked the clerk and he said it was selling really well, which surprised me a little. I passed.
My wife went out for a friends birthday on Monday. They ordered a round of Coronas and the waitress told them almost everyone was drinking it..
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5726
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 84 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by george » Thu Mar 19 7:02 am


User avatar
g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6346
Joined: Sun Jan 21 12:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 46

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by g-manpuck » Thu Mar 19 7:35 am

george wrote:
Thu Mar 19 7:02 am
https://spinstrangenesscharm.wordpress. ... -princess/

Some interesting numbers.
Very interesting...thanks for posting this!
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9675
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 54

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Zwak » Thu Mar 19 8:00 am

I went to Target this morning to get a few things (not hoard). I picked up a 12 pack of TP. They actually have the TP aisle roped off with an employee inside the roped off area and a security person just outside of it. You walk up, tell the employee what brand and package you want and he/she grabs it for you. You are limited to one per shopper.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by 00xtremeninja » Thu Mar 19 8:39 am

Japanese drug could help shorten the duration of the illness

"Japanese flu drug 'clearly effective' in treating coronavirus, says China | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... says-china
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10292
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 275 times
Age: 45

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 19 9:17 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Mar 19 8:39 am
Japanese drug could help shorten the duration of the illness

"Japanese flu drug 'clearly effective' in treating coronavirus, says China | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... says-china
If it hasn’t already been approved in the US (for any indication) which seems to be the case, it would take longer to get it approved than the vaccines which are in process of testing.

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3335
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Norm » Thu Mar 19 10:54 am

Kelor wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:28 pm
"Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.". Adding the age statistics (which I didn't copy, but is in the article), I'm curious what the baseline is for "normal" death rates.

I'm starting to really hope that article is accurate.
Me too. I'm old but have none of those conditions.

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by 00xtremeninja » Thu Mar 19 10:55 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Mar 19 9:17 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Mar 19 8:39 am
Japanese drug could help shorten the duration of the illness

"Japanese flu drug 'clearly effective' in treating coronavirus, says China | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... says-china
If it hasn’t already been approved in the US (for any indication) which seems to be the case, it would take longer to get it approved than the vaccines which are in process of testing.
True, I'm just happy to see progress at multiple levels. I'd like to believe the US has their eyes on this (as does the rest of the world) and that they will make a push for it should success continue. However, the current administration hasnt given me a boatload to be excited about so far.
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2605
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Maize » Thu Mar 19 11:18 am

george wrote:
Thu Mar 19 7:02 am
https://spinstrangenesscharm.wordpress. ... -princess/

Some interesting numbers.
The most interesting part is that we're using all this data from a country that got their first case of the virus on the same day as the US to take a wild guess at what our numbers might look like.

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 2988
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Kelly Red » Thu Mar 19 11:33 am

I went grocery shopping yesterday at Lunds Uptown. Don’t judge, it’s 5 blocks from my house :D
Not an egg or egg product to be had. Not even a carton of yucky Southwestern style Egg Beaters. WTF are people doing with all the eggs?
No TP but fully stocked on tissues.
Plenty of basic bottled water. But not a single case of bubbly water. Lord knows how we’d survive without raspberry flavored Buble!


On the other hand who else read the ST story on the people stuck overseas? I had NO sympathy for the 2 guys who went to Peru on SATURDAY and now think the US govt should somehow rescue them!
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14318
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by streakygopher » Thu Mar 19 11:42 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Mar 19 10:55 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Mar 19 9:17 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Mar 19 8:39 am
Japanese drug could help shorten the duration of the illness

"Japanese flu drug 'clearly effective' in treating coronavirus, says China | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... says-china
If it hasn’t already been approved in the US (for any indication) which seems to be the case, it would take longer to get it approved than the vaccines which are in process of testing.
True, I'm just happy to see progress at multiple levels. I'd like to believe the US has their eyes on this (as does the rest of the world) and that they will make a push for it should success continue. However, the current administration hasnt given me a boatload to be excited about so far.
I would hope the US slow boat system could shift to accept another country's findings during an emergency.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8688
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Mar 19 11:44 am

Kelly Red wrote:
Thu Mar 19 11:33 am
I went grocery shopping yesterday at Lunds Uptown. Don’t judge, it’s 5 blocks from my house :D
Not an egg or egg product to be had. Not even a carton of yucky Southwestern style Egg Beaters. WTF are people doing with all the eggs?
No TP but fully stocked on tissues.
Plenty of basic bottled water. But not a single case of bubbly water. Lord knows how we’d survive without raspberry flavored Buble!


On the other hand who else read the ST story on the people stuck overseas? I had NO sympathy for the 2 guys who went to Peru on SATURDAY and now think the US govt should somehow rescue them!
Plenty around. We just went to Cub today and got a dozen there. They had a good supply

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 2988
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Kelly Red » Thu Mar 19 11:56 am

gopherguy06 wrote:
Thu Mar 19 11:44 am
Kelly Red wrote:
Thu Mar 19 11:33 am
I went grocery shopping yesterday at Lunds Uptown. Don’t judge, it’s 5 blocks from my house :D
Not an egg or egg product to be had. Not even a carton of yucky Southwestern style Egg Beaters. WTF are people doing with all the eggs?
No TP but fully stocked on tissues.
Plenty of basic bottled water. But not a single case of bubbly water. Lord knows how we’d survive without raspberry flavored Buble!


On the other hand who else read the ST story on the people stuck overseas? I had NO sympathy for the 2 guys who went to Peru on SATURDAY and now think the US govt should somehow rescue them!
Plenty around. We just went to Cub today and got a dozen there. They had a good supply
Thanks! I figured it was just a timing issue, I’m pretty sure Lunds doesn’t get a daily egg delivery.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3867
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 60

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Composer » Thu Mar 19 12:01 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Thu Mar 19 11:33 am
I went grocery shopping yesterday at Lunds Uptown. Don’t judge, it’s 5 blocks from my house :D
Not an egg or egg product to be had. Not even a carton of yucky Southwestern style Egg Beaters. WTF are people doing with all the eggs?
No TP but fully stocked on tissues.
Plenty of basic bottled water. But not a single case of bubbly water. Lord knows how we’d survive without raspberry flavored Buble!


On the other hand who else read the ST story on the people stuck overseas? I had NO sympathy for the 2 guys who went to Peru on SATURDAY and now think the US govt should somehow rescue them!
Is this in Edina? Maybe they're baking cakes.

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9675
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 54

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Zwak » Thu Mar 19 12:16 pm

While I am glad we live in a time where information is plentiful with many sources, I also find there to be information overload. So easy to find articles about every possible aspect of this virus, its spread, treatment, vaccines, etc.

Again, access to information is definitely a good thing but there is SO much out there that it can be overwhelming.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6346
Joined: Sun Jan 21 12:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 46

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by g-manpuck » Thu Mar 19 12:39 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Thu Mar 19 11:33 am
I went grocery shopping yesterday at Lunds Uptown. Don’t judge, it’s 5 blocks from my house :D
Not an egg or egg product to be had. Not even a carton of yucky Southwestern style Egg Beaters. WTF are people doing with all the eggs?
No TP but fully stocked on tissues.
Plenty of basic bottled water. But not a single case of bubbly water. Lord knows how we’d survive without raspberry flavored Buble!


On the other hand who else read the ST story on the people stuck overseas? I had NO sympathy for the 2 guys who went to Peru on SATURDAY and now think the US govt should somehow rescue them!
Cub West in Mankato has more than it's share of Raspberry Buble', the Pepsi salesman likes to force the full time merchandiser to over order each week. Then on the weekends I get to shuffle it from pallet to pallet while only putting out about 10 cases of it during the weekend when 50-60 comes in on the order twice a week. :confused2:
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7341
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 95 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Mar 19 1:15 pm

Kelor wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:22 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:18 pm
So, if this is all correct, COVID is basically PEDs for previous illnesses? Being serious here...

If that is the case....hooboy.
I'm going to be real careful in my comments here, because I don't believe anything I'm reading at this point, but IF it's at all accurate, it sure makes you wonder.
The stat I just saw was that NO ONE under 60 has died from COVID 19 in Italy...that seems crazy with the amount of deaths they’ve had.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7341
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 95 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Mar 19 1:19 pm

The next person I hear ranting about people buying extra toilet paper is gonna get punched in the face...it’s human nature calm the F down.

I think a lot of the issues with outages of different food in stores is that people have shifted to doing a significantly larger portion of their eating at home...and prolly eating more just sitting around watching TV. The stores will have to adjust ordering at least somewhat.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7341
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 95 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Mar 19 1:20 pm

Hearing Seattle is getting a shelter-in-place order tomorrow.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14318
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by streakygopher » Thu Mar 19 1:31 pm

Zwak wrote:
Thu Mar 19 12:16 pm
While I am glad we live in a time where information is plentiful with many sources, I also find there to be information overload. So easy to find articles about every possible aspect of this virus, its spread, treatment, vaccines, etc.

Again, access to information is definitely a good thing but there is SO much out there that it can be overwhelming.
I couldn't agree more. Hearing about the doomsday scenarios creates unwarranted anxiety. All people can do is follow the advice of the experts and carry on. There's no reason to speculate about the multitude of ugly outcomes.

It appears the worse case scenario is there is no eventual vaccine, but there's evidence already suggesting that certain drugs at least are showing some positive results in lessening the effects of the virus. There is less reason to believe an ultimate vaccine cannot be created than there is a reason to believe one can.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10292
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 275 times
Age: 45

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 19 1:41 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Thu Mar 19 11:42 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Mar 19 10:55 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Mar 19 9:17 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Mar 19 8:39 am
Japanese drug could help shorten the duration of the illness

"Japanese flu drug 'clearly effective' in treating coronavirus, says China | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... says-china
If it hasn’t already been approved in the US (for any indication) which seems to be the case, it would take longer to get it approved than the vaccines which are in process of testing.
True, I'm just happy to see progress at multiple levels. I'd like to believe the US has their eyes on this (as does the rest of the world) and that they will make a push for it should success continue. However, the current administration hasnt given me a boatload to be excited about so far.
I would hope the US slow boat system could shift to accept another country's findings during an emergency.
The Japanese system and the US system are pretty different. And the Japanese prefer (maybe require) clinical testing on Japanese people only with a Japanese diet. That said, they have high standards and I would feel comfortable consuming products approved in Japan.

The FDA has to be careful not to jump the gun and approve products that aren’t up to our strict standards. There has been a history of some terrible medical accidents for drugs that were not properly tested/reviewed.

They have shown a willingness to allow very limited access to untested drugs/vaccines in dire situations (Ebola). Even as bad as this is I think we’d have to get worse to throw out current law.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7755
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by JWG » Thu Mar 19 1:41 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:20 pm
Hearing Seattle is getting a shelter-in-place order tomorrow.
This will grow beyond just Seattle. Especially when places like Florida can't seem to do it on their own.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3335
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Norm » Thu Mar 19 1:42 pm

Zwak wrote:
Thu Mar 19 12:16 pm
While I am glad we live in a time where information is plentiful with many sources, I also find there to be information overload. So easy to find articles about every possible aspect of this virus, its spread, treatment, vaccines, etc.

Again, access to information is definitely a good thing but there is SO much out there that it can be overwhelming.
Along these lines, I just read an article about people with Blood Type A being the most susceptible. Of course that would be my blood type.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Mar 19 1:46 pm

Norm wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:42 pm
Zwak wrote:
Thu Mar 19 12:16 pm
While I am glad we live in a time where information is plentiful with many sources, I also find there to be information overload. So easy to find articles about every possible aspect of this virus, its spread, treatment, vaccines, etc.

Again, access to information is definitely a good thing but there is SO much out there that it can be overwhelming.
Along these lines, I just read an article about people with Blood Type A being the most susceptible. Of course that would be my blood type.
Isn’t that the most common type? If so it’s reasonable to expect more positive type A simply because there’s more of them.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8983
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 88 times
Age: 47

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Steve MN » Thu Mar 19 1:48 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:46 pm
Norm wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:42 pm
Zwak wrote:
Thu Mar 19 12:16 pm
While I am glad we live in a time where information is plentiful with many sources, I also find there to be information overload. So easy to find articles about every possible aspect of this virus, its spread, treatment, vaccines, etc.

Again, access to information is definitely a good thing but there is SO much out there that it can be overwhelming.
Along these lines, I just read an article about people with Blood Type A being the most susceptible. Of course that would be my blood type.
Isn’t that the most common type? If so it’s reasonable to expect more positive type A simply because there’s more of them.
O is most common, and from the evidence so far, the least susceptible to things. This is from China, and matches observations from the SARS outbreak, which is rather closely related to this virus.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5323
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 64 times
Age: 33

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Snowcool08 » Thu Mar 19 2:11 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:31 pm
Zwak wrote:
Thu Mar 19 12:16 pm
While I am glad we live in a time where information is plentiful with many sources, I also find there to be information overload. So easy to find articles about every possible aspect of this virus, its spread, treatment, vaccines, etc.

Again, access to information is definitely a good thing but there is SO much out there that it can be overwhelming.
I couldn't agree more. Hearing about the doomsday scenarios creates unwarranted anxiety. All people can do is follow the advice of the experts and carry on. There's no reason to speculate about the multitude of ugly outcomes.

It appears the worse case scenario is there is no eventual vaccine, but there's evidence already suggesting that certain drugs at least are showing some positive results in lessening the effects of the virus. There is less reason to believe an ultimate vaccine cannot be created than there is a reason to believe one can.
At some point the vaccine won’t even matter. Enough people will get it, knowingly or not, and build antibodies to it. The virus won’t effect them and will eventually run out of people to transfer it to. With the speed of this thing, 12-14 months for a vaccine will be too late.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14318
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by streakygopher » Thu Mar 19 2:49 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Thu Mar 19 2:11 pm
streakygopher wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:31 pm
Zwak wrote:
Thu Mar 19 12:16 pm
While I am glad we live in a time where information is plentiful with many sources, I also find there to be information overload. So easy to find articles about every possible aspect of this virus, its spread, treatment, vaccines, etc.

Again, access to information is definitely a good thing but there is SO much out there that it can be overwhelming.
I couldn't agree more. Hearing about the doomsday scenarios creates unwarranted anxiety. All people can do is follow the advice of the experts and carry on. There's no reason to speculate about the multitude of ugly outcomes.

It appears the worse case scenario is there is no eventual vaccine, but there's evidence already suggesting that certain drugs at least are showing some positive results in lessening the effects of the virus. There is less reason to believe an ultimate vaccine cannot be created than there is a reason to believe one can.
At some point the vaccine won’t even matter. Enough people will get it, knowingly or not, and build antibodies to it. The virus won’t effect them and will eventually run out of people to transfer it to. With the speed of this thing, 12-14 months for a vaccine will be too late.
If they keep working to flatten the curve, then the time it takes everyone to get it will be prolonged perhaps well past 12-14 months.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Mar 19 2:51 pm

My wife's retail store ( big box retailer) continues to stay open regular hours-- 9am to 9pm and she said they have $68 of sales at 1pm... She works across the border in SD, so they have yet to put the clamp down on businesses, but the Mall has closed and others have reduced hours. People are coming in, walking around and then leaving because they are bored at home...

Also, Hy-Vee is installing temporary window panes at the checkouts to keep customers and cashiers separate. Also, no reusable bags.

User avatar
g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6346
Joined: Sun Jan 21 12:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 46

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by g-manpuck » Thu Mar 19 3:02 pm

JWG wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:41 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:20 pm
Hearing Seattle is getting a shelter-in-place order tomorrow.
This will grow beyond just Seattle. Especially when places like Florida can't seem to do it on their own.
My daughter has a friend that works for a security company which is working at the hospital and clinic here in Mankato during this crisis. She text my daughter that someone "higher up" told her and other security workers that Minnesota was going full lockdown very soon for 2-4 weeks. While I don't disregard this as a possibility at some point here, I truly believe that Minnesota would have to reach the levels of Seattle, New York, and California before I think this will be a reality.

I think the next step that will be announced will be distance learning for the remainder of the school year for Minnesota schools. After that I think that the CDC and the Mn Dept of Health will evaluate the curve of infections before the drastic measure of shelter in place happens. I understand why Seattle would/will do this but I don't see Minnesota there....yet.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Mar 19 3:20 pm

g-manpuck wrote:
Thu Mar 19 3:02 pm
JWG wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:41 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:20 pm
Hearing Seattle is getting a shelter-in-place order tomorrow.
This will grow beyond just Seattle. Especially when places like Florida can't seem to do it on their own.
My daughter has a friend that works for a security company which is working at the hospital and clinic here in Mankato during this crisis. She text my daughter that someone "higher up" told her and other security workers that Minnesota was going full lockdown very soon for 2-4 weeks. While I don't disregard this as a possibility at some point here, I truly believe that Minnesota would have to reach the levels of Seattle, New York, and California before I think this will be a reality.

I think the next step that will be announced will be distance learning for the remainder of the school year for Minnesota schools. After that I think that the CDC and the Mn Dept of Health will evaluate the curve of infections before the drastic measure of shelter in place happens. I understand why Seattle would/will do this but I don't see Minnesota there....yet.
But if we learn from places farther along in the outbreak than us, wouldn’t it make sense to implement these strategies earlier so we hopefully don’t get to that point?

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7341
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 95 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Mar 19 3:23 pm

I could see cities like Mpls or St.Paul doing it at some point but a statewide shelter-in-place seems extreme and unenforceable
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9587
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 74 times
Age: 44

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by davescharf » Thu Mar 19 3:48 pm

A family friend of ours left on a World Cruise in January. Now they're being dropped off in Fremantle Australia in a couple days because of the cruise line shutdown. The majority of the cruisers are pretty experienced travelers but also 70+ years old. Getting all of them back to the US seems like it will be quite the logistical challenge.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/crui ... erdam.html
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4746
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by gopher6 » Thu Mar 19 3:52 pm

Saints Head coach has the Corinavirus

User avatar
MATT
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3593
Joined: Fri Feb 02 10:41 pm
Location: North Carolina
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 45 times
Age: 34

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MATT » Thu Mar 19 4:24 pm

Maize wrote:
Thu Mar 19 11:18 am
george wrote:
Thu Mar 19 7:02 am
https://spinstrangenesscharm.wordpress. ... -princess/

Some interesting numbers.
The most interesting part is that we're using all this data from a country that got their first case of the virus on the same day as the US to take a wild guess at what our numbers might look like.
Special Report: How Korea trounced U.S. in race to test people for coronavirus https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2153BW

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10292
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 275 times
Age: 45

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 19 4:28 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Thu Mar 19 2:49 pm
Snowcool08 wrote:
Thu Mar 19 2:11 pm
streakygopher wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:31 pm
Zwak wrote:
Thu Mar 19 12:16 pm
While I am glad we live in a time where information is plentiful with many sources, I also find there to be information overload. So easy to find articles about every possible aspect of this virus, its spread, treatment, vaccines, etc.

Again, access to information is definitely a good thing but there is SO much out there that it can be overwhelming.
I couldn't agree more. Hearing about the doomsday scenarios creates unwarranted anxiety. All people can do is follow the advice of the experts and carry on. There's no reason to speculate about the multitude of ugly outcomes.

It appears the worse case scenario is there is no eventual vaccine, but there's evidence already suggesting that certain drugs at least are showing some positive results in lessening the effects of the virus. There is less reason to believe an ultimate vaccine cannot be created than there is a reason to believe one can.
At some point the vaccine won’t even matter. Enough people will get it, knowingly or not, and build antibodies to it. The virus won’t effect them and will eventually run out of people to transfer it to. With the speed of this thing, 12-14 months for a vaccine will be too late.
If they keep working to flatten the curve, then the time it takes everyone to get it will be prolonged perhaps well past 12-14 months.
From what I’ve heard if 20% of the US population catches COVID 19 the hospitals will be overwhelmed. So let’s hope we don’t approach 100% in 12 months.

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3335
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Norm » Thu Mar 19 8:07 pm

Costco says it will no longer accept returned toilet paper.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/costco- ... 00670.html

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Mar 19 9:21 pm

Norm wrote:
Thu Mar 19 8:07 pm
Costco says it will no longer accept returned toilet paper.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/costco- ... 00670.html
Who the F returns toilet paper???

User avatar
Kelor
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5807
Joined: Sat Feb 12 7:19 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Kelor » Thu Mar 19 9:33 pm

Someone who buys truckloads and then realizes that the supply chain will catch up in just a couple of weeks.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Mar 19 10:01 pm

But it’s not like they won’t eventually use it.....Hopefully these people would consider donating it.

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by 00xtremeninja » Fri Mar 20 12:19 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Mar 19 10:01 pm
But it’s not like they won’t eventually use it.....Hopefully these people would consider donating it.
If they were greedy enough to buy and hoard it, me thinks they arent the charitable type
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2612
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by D2D » Fri Mar 20 12:29 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri Mar 20 12:19 am
If they were greedy enough to buy and hoard it, me thinks they aren't the charitable type
Me thinks you are right.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10292
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 275 times
Age: 45

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Mar 20 6:22 am

Norm wrote:
Thu Mar 19 8:07 pm
Costco says it will no longer accept returned toilet paper.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/costco- ... 00670.html
They must be confident they are catching up on the TP supply shortage.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16398
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 313 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Mar 20 8:21 am

Some neighbors are about to get an unwelcome morning surprise.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16398
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 313 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Mar 20 10:39 am

On a global conference call right now discussing updates on impacts to the business, etc., 145 people logged in so far. :ahhh:
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Sioux Suck
Rookie
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Feb 16 8:58 am
Location: Bloomington
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Sioux Suck » Fri Mar 20 10:52 am

Dental office is open to emergency patients only. The number of grown adults who show up and say, "It broke five years ago, and I didn't do anything because it didn't hurt. Now it hurts. Fix me now." is astounding. Get your dental work done when your dentist tells you. I'm not out to hurt you, I'm not out to take your money. But, that tooth that you neglected will start to hurt at the worst possible time...weekend, blizzard, major global pandemic...

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10292
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 275 times
Age: 45

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Mar 20 11:06 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Mar 20 8:21 am
Some neighbors are about to get an unwelcome morning surprise.
Huh?

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 2988
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Mar 20 11:22 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Mar 20 11:06 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Mar 20 8:21 am
Some neighbors are about to get an unwelcome morning surprise.
Huh?
Waking up to your house and trees TP’d. You know, classic teen aged fun. Your “Huh” makes me think you’d be the perfect foil as you stood on your porch yelling and shaking your fist. :wink:
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Posts: 20293
Joined: Sat Oct 02 8:53 pm
Location: Maple Grove
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 48 times
Age: 28

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by gopherguy13 » Fri Mar 20 11:39 am

I lived on planet Earth for an embarrassing number of years before I realized that "TP'ing" a house was spelled that way because TP = toilet paper. For a solid quarter century I had thought that it was meant to be "tipi" because the TP draped over a tree kind of looked like a tipi.

It took a random Bob's Burgers episode where the cadence in which they said it made me realize "Oh my god, it's 'T.P.' " :lol:
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9675
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 54

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Zwak » Fri Mar 20 11:45 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Mar 19 10:01 pm
But it’s not like they won’t eventually use it.....Hopefully these people would consider donating it.
We have a small relatively independent grocery store in our town that we use when we need one or two things. A while back they posted a sign at each register stating that they would no longer accept returns on magazines, newspapers, and books. I asked the cashier if that had been a problem previously. She rolled her eyes and said it happened all the time that people would want to return one of those items. :roll:
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
5 O.T.
Veteran
Posts: 4644
Joined: Fri Jul 29 4:31 pm
Location: In the "Ne" Section
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by 5 O.T. » Fri Mar 20 11:52 am



NSFW

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6967
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 41

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MNGophers29 » Fri Mar 20 12:33 pm

gopherguy13 wrote:
Fri Mar 20 11:39 am
I lived on planet Earth for an embarrassing number of years before I realized that "TP'ing" a house was spelled that way because TP = toilet paper. For a solid quarter century I had thought that it was meant to be "tipi" because the TP draped over a tree kind of looked like a tipi.

It took a random Bob's Burgers episode where the cadence in which they said it made me realize "Oh my god, it's 'T.P.' " :lol:
Honest mistake, but props for admitting on here with these heathens!! :lol: :lol:
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Mar 20 12:59 pm

I thought it was teepee (the tent).

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2612
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by D2D » Fri Mar 20 1:13 pm


User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9587
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 74 times
Age: 44

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by davescharf » Fri Mar 20 1:55 pm

My daughter is doing a survey for school about daily life with Coronavirus. If anyone wants to take 2-3 minutes to complete it (if that) I'm attaching a link. I'm sure she'd love to get as many responses as possible

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =0&c=0&w=1
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28520
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 250 times
Age: 32

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Beauner » Fri Mar 20 2:11 pm

gopherguy13 wrote:
Fri Mar 20 11:39 am
I lived on planet Earth for an embarrassing number of years before I realized that "TP'ing" a house was spelled that way because TP = toilet paper. For a solid quarter century I had thought that it was meant to be "tipi" because the TP draped over a tree kind of looked like a tipi.

It took a random Bob's Burgers episode where the cadence in which they said it made me realize "Oh my god, it's 'T.P.' " :lol:
I wouldn't have admitted that if I were you 🤣
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Mar 20 2:29 pm

Seems about right...

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Mar 20 2:46 pm

An interesting read. While most owners in sports are taking care of their employees, the Pegula's are not. Not only are they doing this to their bar employees, they will not pay the arena employees until the events are actually cancelled, which none have been yet. A year ago my wife and I along with a ton of college hockey fans dumped a ton of money in his bars like 716. Just another reason to hate him and Penn St.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19240
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 686 times
Been liked: 518 times
Age: 53

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Mar 20 2:48 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Mar 20 2:29 pm
Seems about right...
No rush on "Schlossman Mythical 2020 National Champions" banners?

:lol:
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16398
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 313 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Mar 20 2:52 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri Mar 20 1:55 pm
My daughter is doing a survey for school about daily life with Coronavirus. If anyone wants to take 2-3 minutes to complete it (if that) I'm attaching a link. I'm sure she'd love to get as many responses as possible

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =0&c=0&w=1
Submitted internationally. :mrgreen:
Currently under construction.

User avatar
skiier32
Golden
Golden
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Nov 19 11:31 am
Location: Sitting in Section 10
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 5 times
Age: 46
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by skiier32 » Fri Mar 20 4:29 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Mar 20 2:52 pm
davescharf wrote:
Fri Mar 20 1:55 pm
My daughter is doing a survey for school about daily life with Coronavirus. If anyone wants to take 2-3 minutes to complete it (if that) I'm attaching a link. I'm sure she'd love to get as many responses as possible

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =0&c=0&w=1
Submitted internationally. :mrgreen:
Done!

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5726
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 84 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by george » Fri Mar 20 4:37 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri Mar 20 1:55 pm
My daughter is doing a survey for school about daily life with Coronavirus. If anyone wants to take 2-3 minutes to complete it (if that) I'm attaching a link. I'm sure she'd love to get as many responses as possible

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =0&c=0&w=1
Done.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7389
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Thirty-Four » Fri Mar 20 6:00 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri Mar 20 1:55 pm
My daughter is doing a survey for school about daily life with Coronavirus. If anyone wants to take 2-3 minutes to complete it (if that) I'm attaching a link. I'm sure she'd love to get as many responses as possible

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =0&c=0&w=1
Done

User avatar
eHo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Oct 12 9:29 am
Location: Shakopee
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 8 times
Age: 44

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by eHo » Fri Mar 20 6:17 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri Mar 20 1:55 pm
My daughter is doing a survey for school about daily life with Coronavirus. If anyone wants to take 2-3 minutes to complete it (if that) I'm attaching a link. I'm sure she'd love to get as many responses as possible

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =0&c=0&w=1
Done.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Mar 20 6:19 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri Mar 20 1:55 pm
My daughter is doing a survey for school about daily life with Coronavirus. If anyone wants to take 2-3 minutes to complete it (if that) I'm attaching a link. I'm sure she'd love to get as many responses as possible

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =0&c=0&w=1
Done

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19240
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 686 times
Been liked: 518 times
Age: 53

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Mar 20 6:20 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri Mar 20 1:55 pm
My daughter is doing a survey for school about daily life with Coronavirus. If anyone wants to take 2-3 minutes to complete it (if that) I'm attaching a link. I'm sure she'd love to get as many responses as possible

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =0&c=0&w=1
Done.
I would imagine her survey could have a skewed number of missing NCAA hockey and Stanley Cup playoffs the most. :)
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
GoldenRube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Jul 22 1:54 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by GoldenRube » Fri Mar 20 6:21 pm

Yep, done
No matter how badass you are, if a toddler hands you a ringing toy phone you answer it.

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5323
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 64 times
Age: 33

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri Mar 20 6:38 pm

I wrote hockey games. Just in general. But done.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Mar 20 6:39 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri Mar 20 1:55 pm
My daughter is doing a survey for school about daily life with Coronavirus. If anyone wants to take 2-3 minutes to complete it (if that) I'm attaching a link. I'm sure she'd love to get as many responses as possible

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =0&c=0&w=1
Done.

I said I’d miss college hockey playoffs the most. :(

Although I’m still going to work so other than the weekends my days haven’t changed much. Yet.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7389
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Thirty-Four » Fri Mar 20 6:42 pm

I feel for the elderly. I’ve done some to assist, but am going to have to step it up.

Locked