Coronavirus discussion

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
Kelor
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Kelor » Wed Mar 18 10:28 pm

"Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.". Adding the age statistics (which I didn't copy, but is in the article), I'm curious what the baseline is for "normal" death rates.

I'm starting to really hope that article is accurate.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Mar 18 10:35 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:22 pm
"More than 75% had high blood pressure, 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease" pretty much describes the elderly. They commonly have one, if not all three, of those conditions.
Diabetes and/or high blood pressure probably describes half of the American population over 35.

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 18 10:37 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:35 pm
streakygopher wrote:
"More than 75% had high blood pressure, 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease" pretty much describes the elderly. They commonly have one, if not all three, of those conditions.
Diabetes and/or high blood pressure probably describes half of the American population over 25.
Fixed, and maybe accurately.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Wed Mar 18 10:41 pm

I wonder myself how much this has to do with smoking as well. It’s a respiratory illness. You weaken your lungs by smoking and aging. China’s smoking rate is near 30%. Italy is around 25%. Minnesota is 14%. Add in the dense populations and it spreads like wildfire.

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 18 10:43 pm

Jesse Case
@jessecase
·
Mar 17
The Vatican canceled Easter. You know how much stuff has to suck for the Pope to be like "you know what, this year Jesus stays dead".
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by streakygopher » Thu Mar 19 12:13 am

The Rube wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:37 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:35 pm
streakygopher wrote:
Diabetes and/or high blood pressure probably describes half 75% of the American population over 25 12.
Fixed, and maybe accurately.
Fixed, and maybe even more accurately. :)

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Mar 19 12:47 am

D2D wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:01 pm
> At the front of the liquor store they had a large and almost imposing display of....you guessed it, Corona beer! I asked the clerk and he said it was selling really well, which surprised me a little. I passed.
My wife went out for a friends birthday on Monday. They ordered a round of Coronas and the waitress told them almost everyone was drinking it..
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by george » Thu Mar 19 7:02 am

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by g-manpuck » Thu Mar 19 7:35 am

george wrote:
Thu Mar 19 7:02 am
https://spinstrangenesscharm.wordpress. ... -princess/

Some interesting numbers.
Very interesting...thanks for posting this!
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Zwak
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Zwak » Thu Mar 19 8:00 am

I went to Target this morning to get a few things (not hoard). I picked up a 12 pack of TP. They actually have the TP aisle roped off with an employee inside the roped off area and a security person just outside of it. You walk up, tell the employee what brand and package you want and he/she grabs it for you. You are limited to one per shopper.
GPL's official source of trivia.

00xtremeninja
Veteran
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by 00xtremeninja » Thu Mar 19 8:39 am

Japanese drug could help shorten the duration of the illness

"Japanese flu drug 'clearly effective' in treating coronavirus, says China | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... says-china
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 275 times

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 19 9:17 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Mar 19 8:39 am

"Japanese flu drug 'clearly effective' in treating coronavirus, says China | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... says-china
If it hasn’t already been approved in the US (for any indication) which seems to be the case, it would take longer to get it approved than the vaccines which are in process of testing.

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Norm » Thu Mar 19 10:54 am

Kelor wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:28 pm
"Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.". Adding the age statistics (which I didn't copy, but is in the article), I'm curious what the baseline is for "normal" death rates.

I'm starting to really hope that article is accurate.
Me too. I'm old but have none of those conditions.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Thu Mar 19 10:55 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Mar 19 9:17 am
00xtremeninja wrote:

If it hasn’t already been approved in the US (for any indication) which seems to be the case, it would take longer to get it approved than the vaccines which are in process of testing.
True, I'm just happy to see progress at multiple levels. I'd like to believe the US has their eyes on this (as does the rest of the world) and that they will make a push for it should success continue. However, the current administration hasnt given me a boatload to be excited about so far.
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

Maize
Veteran
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Maize » Thu Mar 19 11:18 am

george wrote:

The most interesting part is that we're using all this data from a country that got their first case of the virus on the same day as the US to take a wild guess at what our numbers might look like.

Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Kelly Red » Thu Mar 19 11:33 am

I went grocery shopping yesterday at Lunds Uptown. Don’t judge, it’s 5 blocks from my house :D
Not an egg or egg product to be had. Not even a carton of yucky Southwestern style Egg Beaters. WTF are people doing with all the eggs?
No TP but fully stocked on tissues.
Plenty of basic bottled water. But not a single case of bubbly water. Lord knows how we’d survive without raspberry flavored Buble!

On the other hand who else read the ST story on the people stuck overseas? I had NO sympathy for the 2 guys who went to Peru on SATURDAY and now think the US govt should somehow rescue them!
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Thu Mar 19 11:42 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Mar 19 10:55 am
Bertogliat wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:

True, I'm just happy to see progress at multiple levels. I'd like to believe the US has their eyes on this (as does the rest of the world) and that they will make a push for it should success continue. However, the current administration hasnt given me a boatload to be excited about so far.
I would hope the US slow boat system could shift to accept another country's findings during an emergency.

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 30 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Mar 19 11:44 am

Kelly Red wrote:
Thu Mar 19 11:33 am
I went grocery shopping yesterday at Lunds Uptown. Don’t judge, it’s 5 blocks from my house :D
Not an egg or egg product to be had. Not even a carton of yucky Southwestern style Egg Beaters. WTF are people doing with all the eggs?
Plenty of basic bottled water. But not a single case of bubbly water. Lord knows how we’d survive without raspberry flavored Buble!

On the other hand who else read the ST story on the people stuck overseas? I had NO sympathy for the 2 guys who went to Peru on SATURDAY and now think the US govt should somehow rescue them!
Plenty around. We just went to Cub today and got a dozen there. They had a good supply

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Thu Mar 19 11:56 am

gopherguy06 wrote:
Thu Mar 19 11:44 am
Kelly Red wrote:

Plenty around. We just went to Cub today and got a dozen there. They had a good supply
Thanks! I figured it was just a timing issue, I’m pretty sure Lunds doesn’t get a daily egg delivery.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

Composer
Veteran
Been liked: 53 times

Post by Composer » Thu Mar 19 12:01 pm

Kelly Red wrote:

Is this in Edina? Maybe they're baking cakes.

Zwak
Golden
Golden

Post by Zwak » Thu Mar 19 12:16 pm

While I am glad we live in a time where information is plentiful with many sources, I also find there to be information overload. So easy to find articles about every possible aspect of this virus, its spread, treatment, vaccines, etc.

Again, access to information is definitely a good thing but there is SO much out there that it can be overwhelming.

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden

Post by g-manpuck » Thu Mar 19 12:39 pm

Kelly Red wrote:

Cub West in Mankato has more than it's share of Raspberry Buble', the Pepsi salesman likes to force the full time merchandiser to over order each week. Then on the weekends I get to shuffle it from pallet to pallet while only putting out about 10 cases of it during the weekend when 50-60 comes in on the order twice a week. :confused2:
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Mar 19 1:15 pm

Kelor wrote:
The Rube wrote:
Wed Mar 18 10:18 pm
So, if this is all correct, COVID is basically PEDs for previous illnesses? Being serious here...

If that is the case....hooboy.
I'm going to be real careful in my comments here, because I don't believe anything I'm reading at this point, but IF it's at all accurate, it sure makes you wonder.
The stat I just saw was that NO ONE under 60 has died from COVID 19 in Italy...that seems crazy with the amount of deaths they’ve had.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Mar 19 1:19 pm

The next person I hear ranting about people buying extra toilet paper is gonna get punched in the face...it’s human nature calm the F down.

I think a lot of the issues with outages of different food in stores is that people have shifted to doing a significantly larger portion of their eating at home...and prolly eating more just sitting around watching TV. The stores will have to adjust ordering at least somewhat.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Mar 19 1:20 pm

Hearing Seattle is getting a shelter-in-place order tomorrow.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Thu Mar 19 1:31 pm

Zwak wrote:
Thu Mar 19 12:16 pm
While I am glad we live in a time where information is plentiful with many sources, I also find there to be information overload. So easy to find articles about every possible aspect of this virus, its spread, treatment, vaccines, etc.

Again, access to information is definitely a good thing but there is SO much out there that it can be overwhelming.
I couldn't agree more. Hearing about the doomsday scenarios creates unwarranted anxiety. All people can do is follow the advice of the experts and carry on. There's no reason to speculate about the multitude of ugly outcomes.

It appears the worse case scenario is there is no eventual vaccine, but there's evidence already suggesting that certain drugs at least are showing some positive results in lessening the effects of the virus. There is less reason to believe an ultimate vaccine cannot be created than there is a reason to believe one can.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 19 1:41 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Thu Mar 19 11:42 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Mar 19 10:55 am
Bertogliat wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:

I would hope the US slow boat system could shift to accept another country's findings during an emergency.
The Japanese system and the US system are pretty different. And the Japanese prefer (maybe require) clinical testing on Japanese people only with a Japanese diet. That said, they have high standards and I would feel comfortable consuming products approved in Japan.

The FDA has to be careful not to jump the gun and approve products that aren’t up to our strict standards. There has been a history of some terrible medical accidents for drugs that were not properly tested/reviewed.

They have shown a willingness to allow very limited access to untested drugs/vaccines in dire situations (Ebola). Even as bad as this is I think we’d have to get worse to throw out current law.

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by JWG » Thu Mar 19 1:41 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:20 pm
This will grow beyond just Seattle. Especially when places like Florida can't seem to do it on their own.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Thu Mar 19 1:42 pm

Zwak wrote:

Along these lines, I just read an article about people with Blood Type A being the most susceptible. Of course that would be my blood type.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Mar 19 1:46 pm

Norm wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:42 pm
Zwak wrote:

Along these lines, I just read an article about people with Blood Type A being the most susceptible. Of course that would be my blood type.
Isn’t that the most common type? If so it’s reasonable to expect more positive type A simply because there’s more of them.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Steve MN » Thu Mar 19 1:48 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:46 pm
Norm wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:42 pm
Zwak wrote:

Isn’t that the most common type? If so it’s reasonable to expect more positive type A simply because there’s more of them.
O is most common, and from the evidence so far, the least susceptible to things. This is from China, and matches observations from the SARS outbreak, which is rather closely related to this virus.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden

Post by Snowcool08 » Thu Mar 19 2:11 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:31 pm
Zwak wrote:

I couldn't agree more. Hearing about the doomsday scenarios creates unwarranted anxiety. All people can do is follow the advice of the experts and carry on. There's no reason to speculate about the multitude of ugly outcomes.

It appears the worse case scenario is there is no eventual vaccine, but there's evidence already suggesting that certain drugs at least are showing some positive results in lessening the effects of the virus. There is less reason to believe an ultimate vaccine cannot be created than there is a reason to believe one can.
At some point the vaccine won’t even matter. Enough people will get it, knowingly or not, and build antibodies to it. The virus won’t effect them and will eventually run out of people to transfer it to. With the speed of this thing, 12-14 months for a vaccine will be too late.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Thu Mar 19 2:49 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Thu Mar 19 2:11 pm
streakygopher wrote:
Zwak wrote:

At some point the vaccine won’t even matter. Enough people will get it, knowingly or not, and build antibodies to it. The virus won’t effect them and will eventually run out of people to transfer it to. With the speed of this thing, 12-14 months for a vaccine will be too late.
If they keep working to flatten the curve, then the time it takes everyone to get it will be prolonged perhaps well past 12-14 months.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Mar 19 2:51 pm

My wife's retail store ( big box retailer) continues to stay open regular hours-- 9am to 9pm and she said they have $68 of sales at 1pm... She works across the border in SD, so they have yet to put the clamp down on businesses, but the Mall has closed and others have reduced hours. People are coming in, walking around and then leaving because they are bored at home...

Also, Hy-Vee is installing temporary window panes at the checkouts to keep customers and cashiers separate. Also, no reusable bags.

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden

Post by g-manpuck » Thu Mar 19 3:02 pm

JWG wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:41 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
This will grow beyond just Seattle. Especially when places like Florida can't seem to do it on their own.
My daughter has a friend that works for a security company which is working at the hospital and clinic here in Mankato during this crisis. She text my daughter that someone "higher up" told her and other security workers that Minnesota was going full lockdown very soon for 2-4 weeks. While I don't disregard this as a possibility at some point here, I truly believe that Minnesota would have to reach the levels of Seattle, New York, and California before I think this will be a reality.

I think the next step that will be announced will be distance learning for the remainder of the school year for Minnesota schools. After that I think that the CDC and the Mn Dept of Health will evaluate the curve of infections before the drastic measure of shelter in place happens. I understand why Seattle would/will do this but I don't see Minnesota there....yet.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Mar 19 3:20 pm

g-manpuck wrote:
Thu Mar 19 3:02 pm
JWG wrote:
Thu Mar 19 1:41 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
My daughter has a friend that works for a security company which is working at the hospital and clinic here in Mankato during this crisis. She text my daughter that someone "higher up" told her and other security workers that Minnesota was going full lockdown very soon for 2-4 weeks. While I don't disregard this as a possibility at some point here, I truly believe that Minnesota would have to reach the levels of Seattle, New York, and California before I think this will be a reality.

I think the next step that will be announced will be distance learning for the remainder of the school year for Minnesota schools. After that I think that the CDC and the Mn Dept of Health will evaluate the curve of infections before the drastic measure of shelter in place happens. I understand why Seattle would/will do this but I don't see Minnesota there....yet.
But if we learn from places farther along in the outbreak than us, wouldn’t it make sense to implement these strategies earlier so we hopefully don’t get to that point?

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Mar 19 3:23 pm

I could see cities like Mpls or St.Paul doing it at some point but a statewide shelter-in-place seems extreme and unenforceable

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by davescharf » Thu Mar 19 3:48 pm

A family friend of ours left on a World Cruise in January. Now they're being dropped off in Fremantle Australia in a couple days because of the cruise line shutdown. The majority of the cruisers are pretty experienced travelers but also 70+ years old. Getting all of them back to the US seems like it will be quite the logistical challenge.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/crui ... erdam.html
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by gopher6 » Thu Mar 19 3:52 pm

Saints Head coach has the Corinavirus

MATT
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by MATT » Thu Mar 19 4:24 pm

Maize wrote:
Thu Mar 19 11:18 am
george wrote:

The most interesting part is that we're using all this data from a country that got their first case of the virus on the same day as the US to take a wild guess at what our numbers might look like.
Special Report: How Korea trounced U.S. in race to test people for coronavirus https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2153BW

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 19 4:28 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Thu Mar 19 2:49 pm
Snowcool08 wrote:
Thu Mar 19 2:11 pm
streakygopher wrote:
Zwak wrote:

If they keep working to flatten the curve, then the time it takes everyone to get it will be prolonged perhaps well past 12-14 months.
From what I’ve heard if 20% of the US population catches COVID 19 the hospitals will be overwhelmed. So let’s hope we don’t approach 100% in 12 months.

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Thu Mar 19 8:07 pm

Costco says it will no longer accept returned toilet paper.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/costco- ... 00670.html

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Mar 19 9:21 pm

Norm wrote:
Thu Mar 19 8:07 pm

Who the F returns toilet paper???

Kelor
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Kelor » Thu Mar 19 9:33 pm

Someone who buys truckloads and then realizes that the supply chain will catch up in just a couple of weeks.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Mar 19 10:01 pm

But it’s not like they won’t eventually use it.....Hopefully these people would consider donating it.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Fri Mar 20 12:19 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Mar 19 10:01 pm
But it’s not like they won’t eventually use it.....Hopefully these people would consider donating it.
If they were greedy enough to buy and hoard it, me thinks they arent the charitable type

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 261 times

Post by D2D » Fri Mar 20 12:29 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri Mar 20 12:19 am
If they were greedy enough to buy and hoard it, me thinks they aren't the charitable type
Me thinks you are right.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Mar 20 6:22 am

Norm wrote:
Thu Mar 19 8:07 pm

They must be confident they are catching up on the TP supply shortage.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 313 times

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Mar 20 8:21 am

Some neighbors are about to get an unwelcome morning surprise.
Currently under construction.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Mar 20 10:39 am

On a global conference call right now discussing updates on impacts to the business, etc., 145 people logged in so far. :ahhh:

Sioux Suck
Rookie
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Sioux Suck » Fri Mar 20 10:52 am

Dental office is open to emergency patients only. The number of grown adults who show up and say, "It broke five years ago, and I didn't do anything because it didn't hurt. Now it hurts. Fix me now." is astounding. Get your dental work done when your dentist tells you. I'm not out to hurt you, I'm not out to take your money. But, that tooth that you neglected will start to hurt at the worst possible time...weekend, blizzard, major global pandemic...

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Mar 20 11:06 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Mar 20 8:21 am
Huh?

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Mar 20 11:22 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Mar 20 11:06 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Mar 20 8:21 am
Huh?
Waking up to your house and trees TP’d. You know, classic teen aged fun. Your “Huh” makes me think you’d be the perfect foil as you stood on your porch yelling and shaking your fist. :wink:
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by gopherguy13 » Fri Mar 20 11:39 am

I lived on planet Earth for an embarrassing number of years before I realized that "TP'ing" a house was spelled that way because TP = toilet paper. For a solid quarter century I had thought that it was meant to be "tipi" because the TP draped over a tree kind of looked like a tipi.

It took a random Bob's Burgers episode where the cadence in which they said it made me realize "Oh my god, it's 'T.P.' " :lol:
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

Zwak
Golden
Golden

Post by Zwak » Fri Mar 20 11:45 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Mar 19 10:01 pm
We have a small relatively independent grocery store in our town that we use when we need one or two things. A while back they posted a sign at each register stating that they would no longer accept returns on magazines, newspapers, and books. I asked the cashier if that had been a problem previously. She rolled her eyes and said it happened all the time that people would want to return one of those items. :roll:

5 O.T.
Veteran
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by 5 O.T. » Fri Mar 20 11:52 am

NSFW

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Been liked: 110 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Fri Mar 20 12:33 pm

gopherguy13 wrote:
Fri Mar 20 11:39 am
I lived on planet Earth for an embarrassing number of years before I realized that "TP'ing" a house was spelled that way because TP = toilet paper. For a solid quarter century I had thought that it was meant to be "tipi" because the TP draped over a tree kind of looked like a tipi.

It took a random Bob's Burgers episode where the cadence in which they said it made me realize "Oh my god, it's 'T.P.' " :lol:
Honest mistake, but props for admitting on here with these heathens!! :lol: :lol:
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Mar 20 12:59 pm

I thought it was teepee (the tent).

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 261 times

Post by D2D » Fri Mar 20 1:13 pm

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by davescharf » Fri Mar 20 1:55 pm

My daughter is doing a survey for school about daily life with Coronavirus. If anyone wants to take 2-3 minutes to complete it (if that) I'm attaching a link. I'm sure she'd love to get as many responses as possible

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =0&c=0&w=1
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 250 times

Post by Beauner » Fri Mar 20 2:11 pm

gopherguy13 wrote:
Fri Mar 20 11:39 am

I wouldn't have admitted that if I were you 🤣
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Mar 20 2:29 pm

Seems about right...

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Mar 20 2:46 pm

An interesting read. While most owners in sports are taking care of their employees, the Pegula's are not. Not only are they doing this to their bar employees, they will not pay the arena employees until the events are actually cancelled, which none have been yet. A year ago my wife and I along with a ton of college hockey fans dumped a ton of money in his bars like 716. Just another reason to hate him and Penn St.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 686 times
Been liked: 518 times

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Mar 20 2:48 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Mar 20 2:29 pm
Seems about right...
No rush on "Schlossman Mythical 2020 National Champions" banners?

:lol:
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Mar 20 2:52 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri Mar 20 1:55 pm
My daughter is doing a survey for school about daily life with Coronavirus. If anyone wants to take 2-3 minutes to complete it (if that) I'm attaching a link. I'm sure she'd love to get as many responses as possible

Submitted internationally. :mrgreen:

skiier32
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 5 times

Post by skiier32 » Fri Mar 20 4:29 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Mar 20 2:52 pm
davescharf wrote:

Submitted internationally. :mrgreen:
Done!

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by george » Fri Mar 20 4:37 pm

davescharf wrote:

Done.

Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Thirty-Four » Fri Mar 20 6:00 pm

davescharf wrote:

Done

eHo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by eHo » Fri Mar 20 6:17 pm

davescharf wrote:

Done.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Mar 20 6:19 pm

davescharf wrote:

Done

Greyeagle
Has liked: 686 times
Been liked: 518 times

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Mar 20 6:20 pm

davescharf wrote:

Done.
I would imagine her survey could have a skewed number of missing NCAA hockey and Stanley Cup playoffs the most. :)
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

GoldenRube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times

Post by GoldenRube » Fri Mar 20 6:21 pm

Yep, done
No matter how badass you are, if a toddler hands you a ringing toy phone you answer it.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri Mar 20 6:38 pm

I wrote hockey games. Just in general. But done.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Mar 20 6:39 pm

davescharf wrote:

Done.

I said I’d miss college hockey playoffs the most. :(

Although I’m still going to work so other than the weekends my days haven’t changed much. Yet.

Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Thirty-Four » Fri Mar 20 6:42 pm

I feel for the elderly. I’ve done some to assist, but am going to have to step it up.