NFL NEWS

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4719
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by gopher6 » Mon Jul 29 4:37 pm

The Fish fire there Offensive Line coach 1 week into training camp
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/272 ... -week-camp

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1372
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 108 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by 00xtremeninja » Mon Jul 29 11:07 pm

It was needed, their o line has been awful. Still will be this year but the replacement is solid for coaching
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7388
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Thirty-Four » Tue Jul 30 7:55 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Mon Jul 29 11:07 pm
It was needed, their o line has been awful. Still will be this year but the replacement is solid for coaching
I read they just hired the guy this offseason. That had to be one rough start to get the axe that quick. :oops:

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1372
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 108 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by 00xtremeninja » Tue Jul 30 1:15 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:
Tue Jul 30 7:55 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Mon Jul 29 11:07 pm
It was needed, their o line has been awful. Still will be this year but the replacement is solid for coaching
I read they just hired the guy this offseason. That had to be one rough start to get the axe that quick. :oops:
Line has looked like trash all off season during drills and 1st day of camp. Scapegoat of lousy players but he didnt fit Griers model either
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7735
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 182 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by JWG » Thu Aug 08 8:15 pm

Blake Cashman was involved in a forced fumble against the Giants tonight. Good for him making the most of his time on the field.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4719
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by gopher6 » Fri Aug 23 5:31 am

Raiders Packers play on 80 yard field in Winnipeg due to poor field conditions
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/274 ... due-issues

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 24 8:31 pm

Luck announces his retirement.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14296
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Aug 24 8:34 pm

Ho ly f***
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14296
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Aug 24 8:40 pm

Mack and Hilton were gonna be in my $h!teee area of round 2 and 3 picking 9th out of 14. Draft just got even tougher.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 24 8:47 pm

:Lamar Miller possible torn ACL.

FFL Drafts are blowing up everywhere as we speak. :D
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 24 8:51 pm

NSFW:
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 24 9:22 pm

Thanks to Twitch Boy on USCHO:

Luck's father Oliver is commissioner and CEO of the XFL.

Just gonna leave this riiiiiiiiiiiight here.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Posts: 1145
Joined: Tue Jul 29 12:50 pm
Location: Mortgage Business
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 31 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Sat Aug 24 9:25 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 24 9:22 pm
Thanks to Twitch Boy on USCHO:

Luck's father Oliver is commissioner and CEO of the XFL.

Just gonna leave this riiiiiiiiiiiight here.
This right here is some fantastic internetting.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 24 9:38 pm

Don Adams Wheel of Justice wrote:
Sat Aug 24 9:25 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 24 9:22 pm
Thanks to Twitch Boy on USCHO:

Luck's father Oliver is commissioner and CEO of the XFL.

Just gonna leave this riiiiiiiiiiiight here.
This right here is some fantastic internetting.
Twitch Boy is basically the internet. Known him personally for years.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Aug 24 9:39 pm

Bery bery interesting........

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16280
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 279 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Aug 24 10:17 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 24 9:38 pm
Don Adams Wheel of Justice wrote:
Sat Aug 24 9:25 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 24 9:22 pm
Thanks to Twitch Boy on USCHO:

Luck's father Oliver is commissioner and CEO of the XFL.

Just gonna leave this riiiiiiiiiiiight here.
This right here is some fantastic internetting.
Twitch Boy is basically the internet. Known him personally for years.
Name dropping Twitch Boy.
Hidden Content...
:lol: :mrgreen:
Currently under construction.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 24 10:38 pm

You've met me, right? Like I'm anyone you really want to claim to know. ;)
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2782
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 27 times
Age: 26

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by YoungEagle » Sat Aug 24 11:13 pm

Andrew luck retires. Brady lasts longer than Luck. Wouldn’t of seen that coming.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 24 11:14 pm

YoungEagle wrote:
Sat Aug 24 11:13 pm
Andrew luck retires. Brady lasts longer than Luck. Wouldn’t of seen that coming.
Millennials. Always lazy to the party. :D
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4485
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 61 times
Age: 60

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Chris83 » Sun Aug 25 12:23 am

Were the Colts "fans" really booing Andrew Luck as he walked of the field Saturday night? JFC!!! :shock:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7309
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Aug 25 11:50 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Sun Aug 25 12:23 am
Were the Colts "fans" really booing Andrew Luck as he walked of the field Saturday night? JFC!!! :shock:
Unreal. Not sure why this is surprising to anyone as he had long time injury issues. And good for him, not sure why fans are so easy to side with teams and billionaire owners over players, especially in football. Also not sure why he’s getting flack, Gronk is basically the same age and everyone acted like he was smart to retire in his prime.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Posts: 1145
Joined: Tue Jul 29 12:50 pm
Location: Mortgage Business
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 31 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Mon Aug 26 10:51 am

Bigbeer wrote:
Sun Aug 25 11:50 pm
Chris83 wrote:
Sun Aug 25 12:23 am
Were the Colts "fans" really booing Andrew Luck as he walked of the field Saturday night? JFC!!! :shock:
Unreal. Not sure why this is surprising to anyone as he had long time injury issues. And good for him, not sure why fans are so easy to side with teams and billionaire owners over players, especially in football. Also not sure why he’s getting flack, Gronk is basically the same age and everyone acted like he was smart to retire in his prime.
A. I'm sure Colts fans feel like he torpedoed their season by announcing two weeks prior to the start of the regular season.

2. Franchise QB's are held to a much higher standard than tight ends. Especially TE's with multiple SB rings.

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 14257
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 24 times
Age: 31

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by trixR4kids » Mon Aug 26 11:00 am

Their season would've been torpedoed no matter when he retired.

edit: I should also say that their fans have every right to be mad but I think they're misdirecting their anger
Last edited by trixR4kids on Mon Aug 26 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8909
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 74 times
Age: 47

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Steve MN » Mon Aug 26 11:19 am

Also, he hasn't participated in any football activity with the team since April. Any Colts fan that honestly thought he would possibly be back to full form to salvage this season was delusional.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28480
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 32

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 26 8:23 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sun Aug 25 11:50 pm
Chris83 wrote:
Sun Aug 25 12:23 am
Were the Colts "fans" really booing Andrew Luck as he walked of the field Saturday night? JFC!!! :shock:
Unreal. Not sure why this is surprising to anyone as he had long time injury issues. And good for him, not sure why fans are so easy to side with teams and billionaire owners over players, especially in football. Also not sure why he’s getting flack, Gronk is basically the same age and everyone acted like he was smart to retire in his prime.
Fans are pissed because he retired a week and a half before the regular season. Gronk retired 6? months ago. The Patriots had all off-season to address it.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14296
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Aug 26 8:30 pm

Those fans are losers.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8909
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 74 times
Age: 47

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Steve MN » Mon Aug 26 9:04 pm

Beauner wrote:
Mon Aug 26 8:23 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Sun Aug 25 11:50 pm
Chris83 wrote:
Sun Aug 25 12:23 am
Were the Colts "fans" really booing Andrew Luck as he walked of the field Saturday night? JFC!!! :shock:
Unreal. Not sure why this is surprising to anyone as he had long time injury issues. And good for him, not sure why fans are so easy to side with teams and billionaire owners over players, especially in football. Also not sure why he’s getting flack, Gronk is basically the same age and everyone acted like he was smart to retire in his prime.
Fans are pissed because he retired a week and a half before the regular season. Gronk retired 6? months ago. The Patriots had all off-season to address it.
I'd be willing to bet that Luck had some sort of setback in his recovery/rehab, likely wasn't going to make it back at all this year, and decided it was just time to move on. He's had a horrible career for injuries (as good as he was when he was healthy) and that kind of rehab is physically and mentally at least as demanding as playing. I can't blame him at all, it's certainly not like the team was counting on him being in the lineup any time soon.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Mon Aug 26 9:21 pm

It has been all but confirmed that ownership knew this was a possibility a couple weeks ago, and they told him to think about it for a bit, and then get back to them.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2880
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 118 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Karlsson » Sat Aug 31 9:25 am

I'm just gonna leave this here for The Rube...


User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28480
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 32

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Beauner » Sat Aug 31 10:29 am

This news is not a shock to those who play fantasy football (at least with me). Pretty sure I've taken Devin Singletary in every league I'm in.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Butters Stotch
Rookie
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Oct 20 8:20 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Butters Stotch » Sat Aug 31 10:52 am

Clowney to the Seahawks?

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 31 6:43 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Sat Aug 31 9:25 am
I'm just gonna leave this here for The Rube...

Saw that when I got home today. Lotsa NFL news happening.....
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10128
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 246 times
Age: 45

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bertogliat » Sat Aug 31 9:34 pm

Now is the best time to research fantasy football for my Saturday night draft. Wait for all the turd to float before you flush.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14296
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Sep 01 10:13 am

Well now McCoy is on the Chiefs so I wouldn't be too bummed if I had him...
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4719
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by gopher6 » Sun Sep 01 3:44 pm

The Jets pick up Vedvik off waivers,
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/275 ... rs-vikings

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28480
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 32

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 01 4:08 pm

Houston is paying Clowney 7 million to not play for them this year. Now they're paying Matt Kalil 2.5 million to not play for them this year. 🤣
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7309
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Sep 01 7:48 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Aug 26 8:30 pm
Those fans are losers.
Well yeah....they live in indiana... :biggrin2:
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 01 8:04 pm

Rumors of Melvin Gordon to the Eagles.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7309
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Sep 01 8:44 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sun Sep 01 4:08 pm
Houston is paying Clowney 7 million to not play for them this year. Now they're paying Matt Kalil 2.5 million to not play for them this year. 🤣
Their “no GM” experiment is working out great :conf2:
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 01 8:47 pm

Houston.....they've ALWAYS been the "almost" team. Always. And they keep shooting themselves in the foot. It's amazing. They are not necessarily inept like the Lions or the Browns, but damn, they are trying hard to be that.....
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28480
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 32

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 01 10:30 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sun Sep 01 8:44 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sun Sep 01 4:08 pm
Houston is paying Clowney 7 million to not play for them this year. Now they're paying Matt Kalil 2.5 million to not play for them this year. 🤣
Their “no GM” experiment is working out great :conf2:
Well the Kalil part is because they traded for Laremy Tunsil to play LT.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5295
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 33

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Snowcool08 » Thu Sep 05 12:22 pm

Antonio Brown is the gift that keeps on giving. Thankfully he’s on a team I don’t care about so I can sit back and laugh.

User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Posts: 1145
Joined: Tue Jul 29 12:50 pm
Location: Mortgage Business
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 31 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Thu Sep 05 1:16 pm

We're probably not far from the point where the Antonio Brown saga goes from funny to sad. The guy must have some serious mental health issues to eff with $30 million guaranteed.

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by JC65 » Thu Sep 05 1:42 pm

Don Adams Wheel of Justice wrote:
Thu Sep 05 1:16 pm
We're probably not far from the point where the Antonio Brown saga goes from funny to sad. The guy must have some serious mental health issues to eff with $30 million guaranteed.
I suspect we'll find a probable cause for this behavior once he's dead (or when science figures out a test for CTE that doesn't involve having to slice the victim's brain up)

And I suspect this will be part of it:

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9485
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 57 times
Age: 44

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by davescharf » Thu Sep 05 4:55 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Thu Sep 05 12:22 pm
Antonio Brown is the gift that keeps on giving. Thankfully he’s on a team I don’t care about so I can sit back and laugh.
Mayock is starting to become the David Kahn of the NFL too.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by JC65 » Thu Sep 05 10:19 pm

This Bears vs Packets game is grueling

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Thu Sep 05 10:21 pm

Packers did just enough to win, and Bears did just enough to lose.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19143
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 621 times
Been liked: 465 times
Age: 53

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Greyeagle » Thu Sep 05 10:22 pm

Image
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10228
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 37

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by team22tank » Fri Sep 06 8:24 am

Did Tribisky play in the pre season?

Big gaffe on the Bears staff if he didn't. He isn't Brees, Brady, Rodgers. He looked like garbage and it could have cost them a divisional game right out of the gate.

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5295
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 33

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri Sep 06 12:06 pm

team22tank wrote:
Fri Sep 06 8:24 am
Did Tribisky play in the pre season?

Big gaffe on the Bears staff if he didn't. He isn't Brees, Brady, Rodgers. He looked like garbage and it could have cost them a divisional game right out of the gate.
He didn’t. That’s starting to become a bigger talking point. A lot of teams are sitting guys all preseason and they come out in the first month and play like crap. Both teams looked bad last night.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10228
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 37

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by team22tank » Fri Sep 06 1:38 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Fri Sep 06 12:06 pm
team22tank wrote:
Fri Sep 06 8:24 am
Did Tribisky play in the pre season?

Big gaffe on the Bears staff if he didn't. He isn't Brees, Brady, Rodgers. He looked like garbage and it could have cost them a divisional game right out of the gate.
He didn’t. That’s starting to become a bigger talking point. A lot of teams are sitting guys all preseason and they come out in the first month and play like crap. Both teams looked bad last night.
I get Brady and Brees they are 40 and also some of the best QBs to ever play. Rodgers as well, I get it. They might start of poor or maybe not but even if they do there is a good chance they get it going like Rodgers finally did.

But Tribisky? Against a divisional opponent at home. That's seems very dumb.

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 14257
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 24 times
Age: 31

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by trixR4kids » Fri Sep 06 4:38 pm

It depends how much you think a few quarters of preseason ball would help vs the downside of potential injury. QB's are pretty well protected by the league nowadays but you never know.

Not really offering a strong opinion on it one way or the other, it might've made a positive difference.The Packers D was executing really well surprisingly, generating a good amount of pressure, not allowing a ton on the ground, and the secondary didn't look awful for once. Also Nagy just stopped calling run plays for whatever reason and some criticized his play calling cadence and strategy as far as who was getting the ball (Miller had zero targets and Cohen didn't get many chances).
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Fri Sep 06 8:27 pm

team22tank wrote:
Fri Sep 06 1:38 pm
Snowcool08 wrote:
Fri Sep 06 12:06 pm
team22tank wrote:
Fri Sep 06 8:24 am
Did Tribisky play in the pre season?

Big gaffe on the Bears staff if he didn't. He isn't Brees, Brady, Rodgers. He looked like garbage and it could have cost them a divisional game right out of the gate.
He didn’t. That’s starting to become a bigger talking point. A lot of teams are sitting guys all preseason and they come out in the first month and play like crap. Both teams looked bad last night.
I get Brady and Brees they are 40 and also some of the best QBs to ever play. Rodgers as well, I get it. They might start of poor or maybe not but even if they do there is a good chance they get it going like Rodgers finally did.

But Tribisky? Against a divisional opponent at home. That's seems very dumb.
Even Rodgers' TD pass last night was a bit ill-advised. If it weren't for the talent of the TE, that could have easily been intercepted or broken up.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sat Sep 07 11:04 am

Antonio Brown released. TFF.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4719
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by gopher6 » Sat Sep 07 11:20 am

The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:04 am
Antonio Brown released. TFF.
Nobody will sign this head case

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sat Sep 07 11:23 am

gopher6 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:20 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:04 am
Antonio Brown released. TFF.
Nobody will sign this head case
Patriots are on line 1. ;)
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7388
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Thirty-Four » Sat Sep 07 11:41 am

The Patriots should sign him, I want to see what happens!!
:popcorn:

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7309
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Sep 07 11:48 am

The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:23 am
gopher6 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:20 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:04 am
Antonio Brown released. TFF.
Nobody will sign this head case
Patriots are on line 1. ;)
I would argue that Brown, Mayock and Gruden are all equally to blame for handing the situation poorly. If other teams see it that way also then they could justify making a run at him but he will be missing out on a lot of “guaranteed” money. Seeing him on the NE sideline for the Sunday night game would be soap opera-esque.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7388
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Thirty-Four » Sat Sep 07 11:53 am

Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:48 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:23 am
gopher6 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:20 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:04 am
Antonio Brown released. TFF.
Nobody will sign this head case
Patriots are on line 1. ;)
I would argue that Brown, Mayock and Gruden are all equally to blame for handing the situation poorly. If other teams see it that way also then they could justify making a run at him but he will be missing out on a lot of “guaranteed” money. Seeing him on the NE sideline for the Sunday night game would be soap opera-esque.
While I think Antonio could be suffering from mental illness, concussion issues, possible drug problems, Oakland has a coach that is part Reality TV Star, a GM totally green and who looks overmatched and an owner that appears to make poor choices in the barber’s chair and in his management hires. Congratulations, Vegas, you now have the Yang to the Golden Knights Yin.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5664
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 99 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Sep 07 1:16 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:53 am
Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:48 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:23 am
gopher6 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:20 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:04 am
Antonio Brown released. TFF.
Nobody will sign this head case
Patriots are on line 1. ;)
I would argue that Brown, Mayock and Gruden are all equally to blame for handing the situation poorly. If other teams see it that way also then they could justify making a run at him but he will be missing out on a lot of “guaranteed” money. Seeing him on the NE sideline for the Sunday night game would be soap opera-esque.
While I think Antonio could be suffering from mental illness, concussion issues, possible drug problems, Oakland has a coach that is part Reality TV Star, a GM totally green and who looks overmatched and an owner that appears to make poor choices in the barber’s chair and in his management hires. Congratulations, Vegas, you now have the Yang to the Golden Knights Yin.
Some desperate team will maybe pick up this PUNK...but it won’t be NE or the Vikings ☝️Way to piss $30 mil down your leg AB 😂

User avatar
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5310
Joined: Mon Jan 31 3:07 pm
Location: patroling the blueline
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 8 times
Age: 59

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Sat Sep 07 1:22 pm

brown the clown needs a rubber room

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5640
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 224 times
Age: 53

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Sep 07 1:25 pm

It's funny that people ripped the Steelers about letting Brown go, but it looks like it was the right call. They are much better with JuJu.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8909
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 74 times
Age: 47

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Steve MN » Sat Sep 07 1:30 pm

Apparently, AB asked the Raiders to release him.... on Instagram:

https://news.yahoo.com/antonio-brown-as ... 45527.html

"And that’s fine ! I have worked my whole life to prove that the system is blind to see talent like mines.Now that everyone sees it, they want me to conform to that same system that has failed me all those years. “I’m not mad at anyone. I’m just asking for the freedom to prove them all wrong.” Release me @raiders #NOMore #theyputblindersonahorseforareason #NoMoreFake"
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 14257
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 24 times
Age: 31

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by trixR4kids » Sat Sep 07 2:19 pm

After the Mack saga it’s clear that organization is a disaster. It was before that too obviously but that was before all of the major changes and the move etc.

That’s not to absolve Brown or anything, I don’t really know what’s going on there and don’t care enough to speculate.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7388
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Thirty-Four » Sat Sep 07 4:07 pm

AB to Pats, let’s see if he’s interested in actually playing football...

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5121
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 52 times
Age: 44

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by J22 » Sat Sep 07 4:08 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 1:16 pm
Thirty-Four wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:53 am
Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:48 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:23 am
gopher6 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:20 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:04 am
Antonio Brown released. TFF.
Nobody will sign this head case
Patriots are on line 1. ;)
I would argue that Brown, Mayock and Gruden are all equally to blame for handing the situation poorly. If other teams see it that way also then they could justify making a run at him but he will be missing out on a lot of “guaranteed” money. Seeing him on the NE sideline for the Sunday night game would be soap opera-esque.
While I think Antonio could be suffering from mental illness, concussion issues, possible drug problems, Oakland has a coach that is part Reality TV Star, a GM totally green and who looks overmatched and an owner that appears to make poor choices in the barber’s chair and in his management hires. Congratulations, Vegas, you now have the Yang to the Golden Knights Yin.
Some desperate team will maybe pick up this PUNK...but it won’t be NE or the Vikings ☝️Way to piss $30 mil down your leg AB 😂
This post aged well

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14296
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Sep 07 4:23 pm

WTF
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30856
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 174 times
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by The Rube » Sat Sep 07 4:44 pm

Yep, called it.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14296
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Sep 07 4:54 pm

NFL turning into NBA. Patriots or Chiefs.

Twins not a contender.

Bob, if you want to be a contender a year earlier than scheduled, we'd all love it.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14296
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Sep 07 4:59 pm

Hey if Gronk wants an easy title I'm all for it since I drafted him for stuff like this.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5664
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 99 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Sep 07 5:09 pm

J22 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 4:08 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 1:16 pm
Thirty-Four wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:53 am
Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:48 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:23 am
gopher6 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:20 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Sep 07 11:04 am
Antonio Brown released. TFF.
Nobody will sign this head case
Patriots are on line 1. ;)
I would argue that Brown, Mayock and Gruden are all equally to blame for handing the situation poorly. If other teams see it that way also then they could justify making a run at him but he will be missing out on a lot of “guaranteed” money. Seeing him on the NE sideline for the Sunday night game would be soap opera-esque.
While I think Antonio could be suffering from mental illness, concussion issues, possible drug problems, Oakland has a coach that is part Reality TV Star, a GM totally green and who looks overmatched and an owner that appears to make poor choices in the barber’s chair and in his management hires. Congratulations, Vegas, you now have the Yang to the Golden Knights Yin.
Some desperate team will maybe pick up this PUNK...but it won’t be NE or the Vikings ☝️Way to piss $30 mil down your leg AB 😂
This post aged well
At least the Vikings.. have some integrity. AB is still a PUNK.

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Sep 07 5:12 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:
Sat Sep 07 4:07 pm
AB to Pats, let’s see if he’s interested in actually playing football...
I cannot fathom this news...the ONLY way would be if the following conversation happened

AB, NE Patriots here. We win Super Bowls. Here's how it's going to go. The GOAT will tell you what route to run and you will run it. After the play hand the ball to the ref. Open your mouth once, tweet, instagram whatever and you will be bagging groceries in Des Moines by week 4. We clear?

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14296
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Sep 07 7:18 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 5:09 pm
At least the Vikings.. have some integrity. AB is still a PUNK.
Get over yourself if someone said the Vikings will win a SB but they have to sign AB, JG, and every other trouble maker 99% of people would say yes.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2782
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 27 times
Age: 26

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by YoungEagle » Sat Sep 07 7:28 pm

I love this signing. Belichick has handled Moss before when he left Oakland. My guess is that this works out well.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1372
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 108 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Sep 07 8:24 pm

Such bull crap, I wouldn't be surprised to see the patsies had conversations with him to get booted from oakland so they could sign him fa because the Steelers wouldn't trade him there.
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

Post Reply