Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Jun 26 9:23 am

I doubt the twins would be in the running to make any single move that moves the needle. They will need to make multiple good moves to compete with the big guns when it really matters.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Jun 26 9:28 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Wed Jun 26 9:23 am
I doubt the twins would be in the running to make any single move that moves the needle. They will need to make multiple good moves to compete with the big guns when it really matters.
Baaaah.

Even I'm not this negative. They have a good team that can compete with anyone. Buxton isn't even playing right now and they're still playing above .500 ball. Marwin is out too. Hell, you had Astudillo out in left last night.

Injury luck is what will matter the most. It's destroyed many teams in this town over the years. Maybe this time it doesn't.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Steve MN » Wed Jun 26 11:52 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jun 26 9:28 am
Even I'm not this negative.
Well, there's a statement I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with... will wonders never cease.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Jun 26 8:16 pm

Twins outfielders dropping like flies. Eddie now hurt.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Jun 26 8:57 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jun 26 8:16 pm
Ugh.
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 125 times

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Jun 26 9:26 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
What happened?

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Jun 26 9:31 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Jun 26 9:26 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
What happened?
Scooby came in from the ledge.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Jun 26 9:36 pm

So what happened to Rosario?

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by davescharf » Wed Jun 26 9:44 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Jun 26 9:36 pm
So what happened to Rosario?
Ankle Sprain. He is day to day.

Max has an elbow contusion so it shouldn’t be too. Serious either
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Handyman » Wed Jun 26 10:10 pm

Ho hum another win against the Rays. Meh...pretenders!
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by The Rube » Wed Jun 26 10:47 pm

Handyman wrote:
Wed Jun 26 10:10 pm
Ho hum another win against the Rays. Meh...pretenders!
IALTO. We had some help tonight, but I'll take it, for sure.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Laxref
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Laxref » Wed Jun 26 11:25 pm

I still think they are pretenders with this current collection of arms.

Don Adams Wheel of Justice
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Wed Jun 26 11:44 pm

Maize wrote:
Mon Jun 24 3:28 pm
Beauner wrote:
Mon Jun 24 3:00 pm
. Not getting his hands to the launch point until the ball is already on the way to the plate means he has to decide to swing earlier.
....So basically his swing takes too long. Got it.
Call it whatever you want. Until Sano fixes this issue, he's gonna struggle mightily against guys with power arms.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Thu Jun 27 1:49 am

Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 26 11:25 pm
Yeah if only we had the arms of the Tampa Bay Rays (#2 in ERA ) we would probably have the best record in the AL...I know they sure stymied our lineup.

The Twins rank 7th in team ERA right now so it isnt like they are the Baltimore Orioles or something. Teams with worse ERAs include the Yankees and Red Sox. Cleveland is 5th and they are 8 games behind the Twins.

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Jun 27 7:18 am

Handyman wrote:
Thu Jun 27 1:49 am
Laxref wrote:
Yeah if only we had the arms of the Tampa Bay Rays (#2 in ERA ) we would probably have the best record in the AL...I know they sure stymied our lineup.

The Twins rank 7th in team ERA right now so it isnt like they are the Baltimore Orioles or something. Teams with worse ERAs include the Yankees and Red Sox. Cleveland is 5th and they are 8 games behind the Twins.
Let’s just hope when the Twins are playing great teams like the Yankees, Astros, and Dodgers come October they aren’t playing like the team who split with the Royals and looked #mediocre against the Mariners.

They do have their warts and aren’t playing as well lately. While the Twins ERA is currently 7th, my guess is that is trending down recently. I won’t look it up. Just a guess.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 144 times

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Jun 27 10:17 am

Oh my goodness they had a slump. That never happens to good teams!!
Currently under construction.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Thu Jun 27 10:42 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Jun 27 7:18 am
Handyman wrote:
Thu Jun 27 1:49 am
Laxref wrote:

Let’s just hope when the Twins are playing great teams like the Yankees, Astros, and Dodgers come October they aren’t playing like the team who split with the Royals and looked #mediocre against the Mariners.

They do have their warts and aren’t playing as well lately. While the Twins ERA is currently 7th, my guess is that is trending down recently. I won’t look it up. Just a guess.
Actually it probably isnt. They have been pretty consistent with the amount of runs they give up and the scores of games ;)

The pitching isnt great, but it isnt awful either. Otherwise there is like 1-2 good staffs and the rest of the league stinks. And guess which team has a better record than at least one of those staffs ;)

Any suggestion the Twins are pretenders is just plain ridiculous at this point and is the height of sandbagging/"I am afraid to get behind the team because if they lose it is gonna crush my soul". They have been showing their warts all year (we have been complaining about the bullpen since May) and yet they are 25 games above .500 and still havent had a real losing streak yet.

The team is good, suck it up and enjoy it stop hedging your bets. (not you Bert)

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Jun 27 10:55 am

They’ve been 22-25 games over 0.500 for a while now though.

And lately they seem to be giving up crooked numbers in the 6-8 innings more frequently. I would feel better if we had a better arm or two come October.

Laxref
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Laxref » Thu Jun 27 11:08 am

I guess my issue is the Yankees, Astros, and Red Sox. I don’t think there is any chance our arms have in October against these three clubs the way we are currently constructed. I believe we are 6-7 so far against these three with six remaining, the rest of the AL is mediocre to garbage. And you know those other clubs will load up, Yankees already have acquired Encarnacion, Twins need to solidify the pitching staff to compete when it matters.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Jun 27 12:04 pm

Laxref wrote:
Thu Jun 27 11:08 am
I guess my issue is the Yankees, Astros, and Red Sox. I don’t think there is any chance our arms have in October against these three clubs the way we are currently constructed. I believe we are 6-7 so far against these three with six remaining, the rest of the AL is mediocre to garbage. And you know those other clubs will load up, Yankees already have acquired Encarnacion, Twins need to solidify the pitching staff to compete when it matters.
The Twins likely won't match whatever moves the Yankees do, but they will not just sit by and do nothing.

Beyond that I just don't get all the hand-wringing about things that haven't even happened yet. What I wouldn't give to be able to spend a half dozen days/nights with gorgeous weather at that wonderful stadium watching one of the most entertaining pro clubs any local franchise has offered up for at least the past decade.

"Enjoy the season"
-M. Tice

:mrgreen:

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jun 27 12:05 pm

I'll put it this way. They're hella fun to watch. Been a number of seasons since that's been the case. Sure is making the summer fly by.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Jun 27 12:53 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Jun 27 12:04 pm
Laxref wrote:
The Twins likely won't match whatever moves the Yankees do, but they will not just sit by and do nothing.

Beyond that I just don't get all the hand-wringing about things that haven't even happened yet. What I wouldn't give to be able to spend a half dozen days/nights with gorgeous weather at that wonderful stadium watching one of the most entertaining pro clubs any local franchise has offered up for at least the past decade.

"Enjoy the season"
-M. Tice

For the record I am not, and likely never will with Baseball, hand wringing. I am enjoying the season. I am just trying to converse about trying to fill one of the few weak spots on the team to help them in the playoffs.

Don’t read stress into that.

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gopher6 » Thu Jun 27 1:45 pm

2-2 middle of 2

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Jun 27 2:07 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Jun 27 12:53 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Laxref wrote:

"Enjoy the season"
-M. Tice

For the record I am not, and likely never will with Baseball, hand wringing. I am enjoying the season. I am just trying to converse about trying to fill one of the few weak spots on the team to help them in the playoffs.

All good!

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Thu Jun 27 2:18 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Thu Jun 27 12:05 pm
I'll put it this way. They're hella fun to watch. Been a number of seasons since that's been the case. Sure is making the summer fly by.
Good God people Scooby is the voice of reason! You all need to take a step back and realize how far down the rabbit hole you have gotten for that to be true :lol:

Even if you assume The Yankees and Houston are better than us (somehow the Red Sox are third in their division but still better than us) so friggin what? Good lord what is the point of watching sports at all if you just look for reasons not to enjoy it. And make no mistake that is exactly what you are doing. You dont want to get fully invested because you dont want to watch your team lose. Then dont watch man cause guess what every team but 1 loses that is how it works.

The Yankees acquire people all the time...when was the last time they won again? The best team doesnt always win.

I post it all the time but this is the average Minnesota Sports fan:

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Thu Jun 27 2:23 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Jun 27 12:53 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Laxref wrote:

"Enjoy the season"
-M. Tice

Oh I think we all want them to fix their issues. They arent pretenders at this point though. We are almost done with June and the team hasnt lost 3 in a row yet and holds a sizeable lead in the division while having the second best record in baseball and putting up ridiculous offensive stats. They are a contender. They might not be in 2 months but right now anyone saying otherwise is just being ridiculous.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jun 27 2:24 pm

And they're doing it with all these injuries happening at the same time. The injuries may catch up with them eventually, but it hasn't happened yet.

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Beauner » Thu Jun 27 3:06 pm

Two nights ago we hung 7 runs and 11 hits on Blake Snell (the 2018 Cy Young winner) and jumped his season ERA up more than half a run (his ERA now stands over 5 after being 3.06 at the beginning of June).
Last night they hung up 5 runs in 6 innings on the AL ERA leader despite not having Kepler, Buxton, or Marwin in the lineup and losing Rosario early.

Does the bullpen have some worts? Sure. Does the rotation need an upgrade? Probably.
Are both of those going to be addressed by the end of next month? I hope so.

Does it mean that this team can't win a series against the Yankmees, Red Sox, or Astrow in the playoffs if they stand pat? No.
This team is really good. And they will probably continue to be really good for the next 3+ months.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Jun 27 3:47 pm

Hope this doesn't go 17 innings. They are still recovering from that game 2 weeks ago :D

Zwak
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Zwak » Thu Jun 27 4:14 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Jun 27 3:47 pm
Hope this doesn't go 17 innings. They are still recovering from that game 2 weeks ago :D
I thought FOR SURE Sano was going to lead off with a home run after making the sweet defensive play to end the inning. It just had that feel to it.
GPL's official source of trivia.

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by davescharf » Thu Jun 27 5:04 pm

Beauner wrote:
Thu Jun 27 3:06 pm
Two nights ago we hung 7 runs and 11 hits on Blake Snell (the 2018 Cy Young winner) and jumped his season ERA up more than half a run (his ERA now stands over 5 after being 3.06 at the beginning of June).
Last night they hung up 5 runs in 6 innings on the AL ERA leader despite not having Kepler, Buxton, or Marwin in the lineup and losing Rosario early.

Does the bullpen have some worts? Sure. Does the rotation need an upgrade? Probably.
Are both of those going to be addressed by the end of next month? I hope so.

Does it mean that this team can't win a series against the Yankmees, Red Sox, or Astrow in the playoffs if they stand pat? No.
This team is really good. And they will probably continue to be really good for the next 3+ months.
The stat that amazes me is that they’ve beaten 5 Cy Young winners this year already, including both 2018 winners.

Granted David Price and Jake Arrieta arent what they once were but that’s still a pretty amazing stat
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Jane Fonda
Veteran
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Jane Fonda » Thu Jun 27 6:13 pm

Gibby with a shutdown top 17. :lol:

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Jun 27 6:29 pm

Here’s a pickle

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Karlsson » Thu Jun 27 6:35 pm

Of course when I get home and can watch it is Harper and it sucks.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Thu Jun 27 6:51 pm

Season's over...

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Jun 27 6:54 pm

Damn those 18th inning meltdowns. We’ll never get anywhere like that.

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by JWG » Thu Jun 27 7:35 pm

:lol:

Tough loss since the Twins will need a week past the All Star break to recover.
JWG
[This space for rent]

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by streakygopher » Thu Jun 27 8:18 pm

The hardest part of that loss was watching the Twins hitters...not a good night for the offense, and TB has a nice staff. Two out of 3 though so good series....Sano and Cave need a change of scenery.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Thu Jun 27 8:19 pm

2 out of 3 against one of the better teams in the AL. I'll take it. Every day.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Thu Jun 27 8:32 pm

Why did TB's starter go out after two innings?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Thu Jun 27 8:33 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Thu Jun 27 8:32 pm
Why did TB's starter go out after two innings?
Guessing they were using the "opener" strategy. They were one of the pioneers of that, IIRC.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Fri Jun 28 8:57 am

Lost in the marathon yesterday: Jorge Polanco was voted in as the starting shortstop for the AL All Star team.
Pretty cool.

Zwak
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Zwak » Fri Jun 28 10:01 am

Beauner wrote:
Fri Jun 28 8:57 am
Lost in the marathon yesterday: Jorge Polanco was voted in as the starting shortstop for the AL All Star team.
Pretty cool.
First Twins starter since Mauer in 2013.
GPL's official source of trivia.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Fri Jun 28 10:08 am

Zwak wrote:
Fri Jun 28 10:01 am
Beauner wrote:
Fri Jun 28 8:57 am
Pretty cool.
First Twins starter since Mauer in 2013.
First Twins shortstop in an ASG since Guzman and first SS to start since 1979.

fightclub30
Veteran
Been liked: 17 times

Post by fightclub30 » Fri Jun 28 9:22 pm

What a stupid review. I really get sick of replay for plays being decided by a gnats ass hair.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 204 times

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Jun 28 9:50 pm

My God is Bert awful.

Complete lollypop high bounce ground ball is booted by Adrianza and Bert 1) says it was a nasty hop and 2) is baffled when it's scored an error.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Fri Jun 28 10:20 pm

On paper this was a laffer...Twins' ace against a journeyman scrub. Oops.

Once again, aside from Sano, Twins hitters not impressive. Depleted line up cost them.

Alby22
Rookie
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Alby22 » Fri Jun 28 10:25 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Jun 28 9:50 pm
My God is Bert awful.

Complete lollypop high bounce ground ball is booted by Adrianza and Bert 1) says it was a nasty hop and 2) is baffled when it's scored an error.
But atleast he read you the back of his baseball card. “3rd year at the major league level”

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Jun 29 1:44 pm

Moving back into our house after hurricane Irma damages repaired. Anyone know anywhere to hear twins games radio from out of state on the inter web for free???

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 29 2:14 pm

Vegasgopher wrote:
Sat Jun 29 1:44 pm
Moving back into our house after hurricane Irma damages repaired. Anyone know anywhere to hear twins games radio from out of state on the inter web for free???
TuneIn maybe?
Or try an app called Pro Baseball and/or Pure Baseball. Got good reviews on Reddit.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Jun 29 2:36 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sat Jun 29 2:14 pm
Vegasgopher wrote:
TuneIn maybe?
Or try an app called Pro Baseball and/or Pure Baseball. Got good reviews on Reddit.
Thanks! Tune in and pro baseball both require subscription for $$, guess I'll have to pay if I want to hear

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 29 3:45 pm

Vegasgopher wrote:
Sat Jun 29 2:36 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sat Jun 29 2:14 pm
Vegasgopher wrote:
TuneIn maybe?
Thanks! Tune in and pro baseball both require subscription for $$, guess I'll have to pay if I want to hear
Hmmm. Both were listed under as free on Reddit. Try Pure Baseball?

If you are gonna end up having to pay, the best may be the MLB at Bat app. I think it is like $20 for the whole year.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 29 5:46 pm

Sano hits another monster HR.
He hammered that ball. 😳😳

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 29 6:00 pm

Seems like the last couple days he's had his hands starting farther back, closer to the launch position (as highlighted by the write-up by Parker that I posted earlier).

By starting with his hands closer to the launch position he can focus more on reading the pitch spin/speed/location and if it's in the zone he can just drive into it rather than try to load and read at the same time. (Much like Pujols did in his prime--he started with his hands loaded and everything was moving into the ball instead of going back and into the ball as the pitch was on its way).

The second HR he hit last night was 97mph on the black, the first HR he hit last night was on a high fastball at 90mph.
The one he just hammered was a 94mph fastball and low and in.
3 pretty good pitches in three different parts of the zone. Pitches he has been fouling off or swinging through before the adjustments Rowson made.
Last edited by Beauner on Sat Jun 29 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 29 6:02 pm

Side note: Tyler Duffey (and Wes Johnson) deserve a lot of credit for making adjustments to his approach during spring training. He's been largely very good this season-throwing a high fastball and pairing it with his hammer curveball has really been an effective tool. Seems to be keeping a lot of hitters off balance because he's tunneling them well.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sat Jun 29 6:07 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sat Jun 29 6:00 pm
Seems like the last couple days he's had his hands starting farther back, closer to the launch position (as highlighted by the write-up by Parker that I posted earlier).

By starting with his hands closer to the launch position he can focus more on reading the pitch spin/speed/location and if it's in the zone he can just drive into it rather than try to load and read at the same time. (Much like Pujols did in his prime--he started with his hands loaded and everything was moving into the ball instead of going back and into the ball as the pitch was on its way).

The second HR he hit last night was 97mph on the black, the first HR he hit last night was on a high fastball at 90mph.
The one he just hammered was a 94mph fastball and low and in.
3 pretty good pitches in three different parts of the zone. Pitches he has been fouling off or swinging through before the adjustments Rowson made.
Encouraging!

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sat Jun 29 6:08 pm

Cruz just hit one to Mexico :shock:

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 29 6:08 pm

Nelson Cruz just ruined his chance at hitting for a cycle (he was a triple away) by hitting a ball approximately 5,280 feet to dead center. 😳

He hit the ball over camera men in dead center field. 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Sat Jun 29 6:13 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sat Jun 29 6:08 pm
Nelson Cruz just ruined his chance at hitting for a cycle (he was a triple away) by hitting a ball approximately 5,280 feet to dead center. 😳

He hit the ball over camera men in dead center field. 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
a moon shot

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sat Jun 29 6:14 pm

Oh my!

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by D2D » Sat Jun 29 8:15 pm

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Sat Jun 29 6:13 pm
a moon shot
Just to put things in perspective:
469 feet = 156 yards = easy 9 iron for the average tour player. But not one of them could hit a baseball that far.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 29 8:32 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Sat Jun 29 6:14 pm
Oh my!

The look on Buxton's face :lol:

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Jun 29 9:20 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sat Jun 29 8:32 pm
Greyeagle wrote:
Sat Jun 29 6:14 pm
Oh my!

The look on Buxton's face :lol:
What'a amazing his how fast it got out and landed even at that launch angle. Has to be one of the hardest hit balls in a long time.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Jun 29 9:39 pm

In the biz, that is called a "rope." ;)

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Jun 30 12:58 am

Some other fun nuggets from today's game:

Kepler set a new career high in HRs in a season today (he hit two today). It's the end of June.
Michael Pineda had a great outing today. 12 of his 16 starts have yielded 3 earned runs or fewer. His numbers overall don't look amazing (partly because when he's been bad he's been REALLY bad) but 75% of his outings with 3 earned or less is pretty solid for a #4/5 guy in the rotation.

Buxton and Marwin Gonzalez both returned from the DL today too. Jake Cave and Lamonte Wade went back to Rochester.

Sano's HR today was his 12th in 33 games. I know people bitch about his strikeouts (and they are frustrating to me as a former player who was always embarrassed when he struck out-as a former coach I'd still rather have him K with a runner on 1B than roll over a 3-hopper to short for an easy double play just so he can say "well I didn't strike out!").

But for a guy who has spent most of the season batting 6-7-8 in the lineup to be averaging better than 1 HR per 3 game series, he'd be on pace to hit 59 HRs over the course of a 162 game season. There are exactly 0 teams in the majors who would say "no thanks" to that from a 6-7-8 hitter -or probably anywhere else in the lineup. And he's doing this while also trying to change his stance/mechanics (depending on how technical you want to get - I never really considered hand position before the pitch to be mechanics, I always considered it more of a stance thing). It is still a work in progress and he'll more than likely still have some streaks where he reverts back until he gets the changes down to muscle memory, but by all reports he is working his ass off with Rudy and Rowson to get it corrected. :dup:

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Jun 30 5:37 pm

Twins only get one other player named to the All-star game (Jake Odorizzi).

Seems really dumb. Especially given how great this offense has been. At least I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Jul 01 11:12 pm

I'm really excited to see this kid in the bigs

Dances With Gophers
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Dances With Gophers » Tue Jul 02 1:41 am

Beauner wrote:
Mon Jul 01 11:12 pm
I'm really excited to see this kid in the bigs

The pitcher's reaction immediately after it's launched is so d@mn funny. It's like he's thinking to himself, "What am I even doing here?" :lol:
Suddenly, it all makes sense: "ND produces enough sugarbeets that produce enough sugar to sweeten 27 billion gallons of Kool-Aid." ND Fun Facts :ahhh:

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Jul 02 9:36 pm

Was anybody else mildly creeped out by that Fanny pack giveaway commercial?

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Jul 02 9:42 pm

LESS COWBELL!

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Tue Jul 02 9:43 pm

Don't look now but Sano has another HR already tonight.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Tue Jul 02 9:56 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Jul 02 9:42 pm
LESS COWBELL!

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Jul 02 9:59 pm

Beauner wrote:
Tue Jul 02 9:43 pm
Great, now I have nothing to complain about. :D

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jul 02 10:37 pm

Turns on Twins game for first time in...

Watches them promptly load the bases with 0 outs via error, walk, weak hit....

Grand slam....

:censored: :chainsaw: :dance:

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Jul 02 10:40 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Tue Jul 02 9:59 pm
Beauner wrote:
Tue Jul 02 9:43 pm
Great, now I have nothing to complain about. :D
Did that help? :mrgreen: