Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
User avatar
Jane Fonda
Veteran
Posts: 5862
Joined: Tue Apr 22 3:53 pm
Location: Free DX
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times
Age: 34

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Jane Fonda » Fri Jun 21 9:49 pm

Should have used the DH for Sano instead of for the pitcher's spot.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Fri Jun 21 9:50 pm

Sano stays on that ball (97mph) and murders it over the right field fence. Almost into the fountains. 😂😂
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18672
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 296 times
Been liked: 199 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Jun 21 9:51 pm

Beauner wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:50 pm
Sano stays on that ball (97mph) and murders it over the right field fence. Almost into the fountains. 😂😂
Damn him.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Fri Jun 21 9:51 pm

Jane Fonda wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:49 pm
Should have used the DH for Sano instead of for the pitcher's spot.
Except you can't.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Fri Jun 21 9:52 pm

Maize wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:38 pm
Sano should try some analytics like swinging with a batting donut so he can catch up to fastballs. Three strikeouts and counting tonight. 27 in his last 55 at-bats.
Didn't seem to have a problem catching up to that 97mph fastball off the plate 🙄
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2364
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Maize » Fri Jun 21 9:53 pm

:lol: You're welcome.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Fri Jun 21 10:06 pm

I hate the contact play. So much
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18672
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 296 times
Been liked: 199 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Jun 21 10:09 pm

Beauner wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:06 pm
I hate the contact play. So much
The bunt of base running?

AGAIN! Christ...
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Fri Jun 21 10:11 pm

The only times I've ever seen it work for the Twins is with Buxton on 3.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Fri Jun 21 10:32 pm

Hard to break out of slumps when umpires are calling balls at your shoelaces a strike.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30097
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 83 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Fri Jun 21 10:37 pm

If you can't adjust to a strike zone, that's on you. As long as the ump is consistent.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Viking
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2873
Joined: Fri Feb 11 3:07 pm
Location: Searching for the elusive beer tree
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 50

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Viking » Fri Jun 21 10:47 pm

Beauner wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:51 pm
Jane Fonda wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:49 pm
Should have used the DH for Sano instead of for the pitcher's spot.
Except you can't.
Rules are for suckers!
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

User avatar
Viking
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2873
Joined: Fri Feb 11 3:07 pm
Location: Searching for the elusive beer tree
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 50

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Viking » Fri Jun 21 10:51 pm

Except you should not try to adjust to a strike zone at your shoelaces. Even if the ump is calling that in a particular game. The ump will be gone before Sano in that case. Even with the union b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Fri Jun 21 10:53 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:37 pm
If you can't adjust to a strike zone, that's on you. As long as the ump is consistent.
I agree to an extent. That wasn't a consistent call. Hell he didn't even give Perez balls that were "in the K-zone" on the broadcast.

And you should never have to adjust to a ball that barely crosses above your shoes.
Last edited by Beauner on Fri Jun 21 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30097
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 83 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Fri Jun 21 10:53 pm

Viking wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:51 pm
Except you should not try to adjust to a strike zone at your shoelaces. Even if the ump is calling that in a particular game. The ump will be gone before Sano in that case. Even with the union b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.
While I agree "letters to knees," in the moment, you are a pro. You should be able to adjust.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Fri Jun 21 10:55 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:37 pm
If you can't adjust to a strike zone, that's on you. As long as the ump is consistent.
No. You do not train your brain to think pitches at your ankles are something to swing at. Take your lumps, hope he gets fired before you have too many games with him behind the plate again.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30097
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 83 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Fri Jun 21 10:56 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:55 pm
The Rube wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:37 pm
If you can't adjust to a strike zone, that's on you. As long as the ump is consistent.
No. You do not train your brain to think pitches at your ankles are something to swing at. Take your lumps, hope he gets fired before you have tol many games with him behind the plate again.
How far do you go? This ump calls outside strikes, but not inside.
He calls low, but not high.

Adjust within the specific game, and long term, the league will handle it. Not ideal, but necessary.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Fri Jun 21 11:00 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:56 pm
Karlsson wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:55 pm
The Rube wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:37 pm
If you can't adjust to a strike zone, that's on you. As long as the ump is consistent.
No. You do not train your brain to think pitches at your ankles are something to swing at. Take your lumps, hope he gets fired before you have tol many games with him behind the plate again.
How far do you go? This ump calls outside strikes, but not inside.
He calls low, but not high.

Adjust within the specific game, and long term, the league will handle it. Not ideal, but necessary.
Again, HUGE difference between a ball off the plate and a ball that the catcher is digging out of the dirt. Those are not, and never should be, pitches that bitters have to worry about being called strikes.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Viking
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2873
Joined: Fri Feb 11 3:07 pm
Location: Searching for the elusive beer tree
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 50

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Viking » Fri Jun 21 11:01 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:53 pm
Viking wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:51 pm
Except you should not try to adjust to a strike zone at your shoelaces. Even if the ump is calling that in a particular game. The ump will be gone before Sano in that case. Even with the union b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.
While I agree "letters to knees," in the moment, you are a pro. You should be able to adjust.
Long term, so no. The umpire is the problem. The union is keeping umpires who have no business working a high school game working in the majors.
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30097
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 83 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Fri Jun 21 11:02 pm

We all know about Angel. ;)
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Viking
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2873
Joined: Fri Feb 11 3:07 pm
Location: Searching for the elusive beer tree
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 50

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Viking » Fri Jun 21 11:26 pm

Joe Weat
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

User avatar
Jane Fonda
Veteran
Posts: 5862
Joined: Tue Apr 22 3:53 pm
Location: Free DX
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times
Age: 34

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Jane Fonda » Sat Jun 22 12:07 am

Beauner wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:51 pm
Jane Fonda wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:49 pm
Should have used the DH for Sano instead of for the pitcher's spot.
Except you can't.
That should have been obviously posted in jest. :lol:

User avatar
Jane Fonda
Veteran
Posts: 5862
Joined: Tue Apr 22 3:53 pm
Location: Free DX
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times
Age: 34

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Jane Fonda » Sat Jun 22 12:09 am

Viking wrote:
Fri Jun 21 11:01 pm
The Rube wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:53 pm
Viking wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:51 pm
Except you should not try to adjust to a strike zone at your shoelaces. Even if the ump is calling that in a particular game. The ump will be gone before Sano in that case. Even with the union b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.
While I agree "letters to knees," in the moment, you are a pro. You should be able to adjust.
Long term, so no. The umpire is the problem. The union is keeping umpires who have no business working a high school game working in the majors.
Agreed.

And it seems like they're getting worse, and more inconsistent on balls and strikes. This year has been awfully inconsistent.

Time to go to the computer. f*** the umps.

User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Jul 29 12:50 pm
Location: NW Metro
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 16 times
Age: 48

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Sat Jun 22 7:17 am

Beauner wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:52 pm
Maize wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:38 pm
Sano should try some analytics like swinging with a batting donut so he can catch up to fastballs. Three strikeouts and counting tonight. 27 in his last 55 at-bats.
Didn't seem to have a problem catching up to that 97mph fastball off the plate 🙄
Even a blind pig can find a cob of corn once in a while.

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3725
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times
Age: 59

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Composer » Sat Jun 22 1:35 pm

Beauner wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:06 pm
I hate the contact play. So much
In that situation, it is the obvious thing to do. You start with runners at 2nd and 3rd. If you don't go on contact, the batter will be out at 1st and you still have runners at 2nd and 3rd. If you do the contact play (and it is executed correctly, which it was) you end up with an out and runners at 2nd and third (same thing). EXCEPT, there is the chance that the fielding team will mess up the play and a run will score and you have zero outs. Nothing was lost in the play.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 22 3:03 pm

Composer wrote:
Sat Jun 22 1:35 pm
Beauner wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:06 pm
I hate the contact play. So much
In that situation, it is the obvious thing to do. You start with runners at 2nd and 3rd. If you don't go on contact, the batter will be out at 1st and you still have runners at 2nd and 3rd. If you do the contact play (and it is executed correctly, which it was) you end up with an out and runners at 2nd and third (same thing). EXCEPT, there is the chance that the fielding team will mess up the play and a run will score and you have zero outs. Nothing was lost in the play.
Except when Cruz was running and stopped at 1B.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Sat Jun 22 3:26 pm

Two games in a row where Berrios gets screwed.

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by gopher6 » Sat Jun 22 4:36 pm

Twins win 5-3

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3725
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times
Age: 59

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Composer » Sat Jun 22 4:51 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sat Jun 22 3:03 pm
Composer wrote:
Sat Jun 22 1:35 pm
Beauner wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:06 pm
I hate the contact play. So much
In that situation, it is the obvious thing to do. You start with runners at 2nd and 3rd. If you don't go on contact, the batter will be out at 1st and you still have runners at 2nd and 3rd. If you do the contact play (and it is executed correctly, which it was) you end up with an out and runners at 2nd and third (same thing). EXCEPT, there is the chance that the fielding team will mess up the play and a run will score and you have zero outs. Nothing was lost in the play.
Except when Cruz was running and stopped at 1B.
Yes--That happened the 2nd time. You just globally said you hate the contact play. And you posted after the FIRST time, when it was done correctly.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 22 5:54 pm

Hearing rumors that the Twins are looking at signing Cody Allen.
Gross.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 22 5:55 pm

Composer wrote:
Sat Jun 22 4:51 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sat Jun 22 3:03 pm
Composer wrote:
Sat Jun 22 1:35 pm
Beauner wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:06 pm
I hate the contact play. So much
In that situation, it is the obvious thing to do. You start with runners at 2nd and 3rd. If you don't go on contact, the batter will be out at 1st and you still have runners at 2nd and 3rd. If you do the contact play (and it is executed correctly, which it was) you end up with an out and runners at 2nd and third (same thing). EXCEPT, there is the chance that the fielding team will mess up the play and a run will score and you have zero outs. Nothing was lost in the play.
Except when Cruz was running and stopped at 1B.
Yes--That happened the 2nd time. You just globally said you hate the contact play. And you posted after the FIRST time, when it was done correctly.
It's less terrible with runners on 2nd and 3rd but in general I hate it regardless.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4814
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 61 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Jun 22 6:41 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sat Jun 22 5:54 pm
Hearing rumors that the Twins are looking at signing Cody Allen.
Gross.
Looks official to a minor league deal

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 22 6:52 pm



That ball was hit super far.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 22 6:58 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Sat Jun 22 6:41 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sat Jun 22 5:54 pm
Hearing rumors that the Twins are looking at signing Cody Allen.
Gross.
Looks official to a minor league deal
At least it is a minor league deal. Maybe they'll be able to figure out the adjustments he needs to make to figure out how to not suck now, and do it in AAA.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 22 9:11 pm

Interesting little write-up from Parker Hageman about what the Twins can hope to do with Allen (namely - figure out his release point).







Edit: apparently the second tweet has a video link so it won't embed here but it's worth taking a look at if you're interested in tunneling and the impact it can have.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6740
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 119 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Jun 22 10:50 pm

1) what is fb/cb? Football and the thing truckers use is what my mind comes up with.


2) how can they define a hitters recognition point? Brain implants?!

Someday they’ll reminisce about the days when baseball was just.....baseball.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Jun 22 11:46 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Jun 22 10:50 pm
1) what is fb/cb? Football and the thing truckers use is what my mind comes up with.


2) how can they define a hitters recognition point? Brain implants?!

Someday they’ll reminisce about the days when baseball was just.....baseball.
FB=fastball CB=curveball
Recognition point is essentially where the batter can make a read on which pitch is being thrown. It is much, much easier to determine which pitch is on the way when they are thrown from such varied release points. You can be a lot more aggressive on a fastball if it's thrown from release point A when you know his curveball is being thrown from release point B. When the pitches are being thrown from the same release point the batter has to look more at the spin of the ball (is it forward spin/backspin/slider spin). This isn't necessarily a "hot new trend" as hitters were always looking for these things even as young as 10-12 years old when pitchers started throwing changeups and eventually curveballs. If you see the pitcher throws a fastball from straight over the top and drops down to 3/4 arm slot on his changeup it's super easy to sit on one or the other before the ball is on the way. Nowadays we just have the technology to pinpoint it for fancy little graphs like that to use in coaching/teaching.

In the pitch overlay gifs in here and the MLB News thread where you see 2-3 pitches that move so drastically from the same spot is what they call "tunneling"--essentially releasing the different pitches from the same spot in your motion and letting the spin do the rest. Over the last couple years (largely due to injury, as Allen has admitted) he changed some things with his mechanics and hasn't been able to get back to tunneling his pitches. That, combined with the velocity drop, has caused him to become pretty terrible.

As for how it is calculated: it's not an exact science but the general consensus is that approximately a quarter to 1/3rd of the way to the plate is the standard "recognition point" for pitches. The longer you can tunnel your pitches, the later that becomes. The later it becomes, the harder it is to hit.

That's why you see guys flailing at pitches low in the dirt or way off the plate and say "Why would he swing at that?! It wasn't even close!" But if it was tunneled the same as a fastball that would catch the zone until it was half way to the plate it would look like a strike. Then it just falls off the table.
Last edited by Beauner on Sun Jun 23 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30097
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 83 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Sat Jun 22 11:53 pm

Watch "Fastball" a documentary on the fastball (duh). Pitches like that.....our brain can only function so fast, so we basically have to guess at where the ball is going to be, based on release point and experience. The difference between a 100 mph fastball and a 92 mph fastball is about 4 feet in arrival. Now, add in changeups and curves? Hooboy.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6740
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 119 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Jun 23 12:15 am

Don’t get me wrong, this stuff is amazing but my brain can’t keep up. I get that if you can have the same release point off a fastball vs breaking or off speed pitch you’ll be more successful. I guess I thought it sounded like there was some sort of technology to actually determine when they thought a player was actually deciding what a pitch was. It makes more sense that it is just a “generalization” for the average batter.

I always appreciate your insight @Beauner ! I’ve always loved baseball but am falling behind as I abhor statistics and math. 😬

I just read a tutorial the other night that detailed different pitches; speed, which way they move....it truly is amazing how much detail there is in pitching and has made watching games more interesting. I can’t imagine being a batter and trying to think at 95mph.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30097
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 83 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Sun Jun 23 12:19 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Jun 23 12:15 am
Don’t get me wrong, this stuff is amazing but my brain can’t keep up. I get that if you can have the same release point off a fastball vs breaking or off speed pitch you’ll be more successful. I guess I thought it sounded like there was some sort of technology to actually determine when they thought a player was actually deciding what a pitch was. It makes more sense that it is just a “generalization” for the average batter.

I always appreciate your insight @Beauner ! I’ve always loved baseball but am falling behind as I abhor statistics and math. 😬

I just read a tutorial the other night that detailed different pitches; speed, which way they move....it truly is amazing how much detail there is in pitching and has made watching games more interesting. I can’t imagine being a batter and trying to think at 95mph.
IIRC, for a 100 mph fastball, you have .396 seconds to decide on where to swing, IF you want to swing. And that's if the pitcher is actually throwing that pitch. That is why pitching coaches stress similar motions for all pitches released, etc. If a pitcher comes at a slightly different angle, that is a tell on what pitch he's throwing, etc. Combining all pitches into one single motion might negatively affect all pitch performances, BUT the wild card of "what pitch is being thrown" negates all of that and then some, if that makes sense.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30097
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 83 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Sun Jun 23 12:27 am

MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6740
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 119 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Jun 23 12:30 am

I have not yet seen that documentary but would like to.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30097
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 83 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Sun Jun 23 12:31 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Jun 23 12:30 am
I have not yet seen that documentary but would like to.
It's awesome.
Hidden Content...
FTR, Nolan, 108.5 mph. :shock: :shock: :shock:
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sun Jun 23 8:16 am

Thought this was a pretty good example of previous discussion.
Two pitches that can't end up much farther apart. Look how long they followed the same trajectory.



#hittingishard
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by gopher6 » Sun Jun 23 1:23 pm

Who are the Twinkies through back uniforms from?

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4814
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 61 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Jun 23 1:41 pm

gopher6 wrote:
Sun Jun 23 1:23 pm
Who are the Twinkies through back uniforms from?
Negro league team from St Paul.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6740
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 119 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Jun 23 1:44 pm

What is on that lady’s head sitting just behind the home plate umpire? I feel bad for the dude behind her. Although finding a different seat does not appear to be a challenge at the game today.

Edit: it’s “dress to the nines” day at the park.
Last edited by Cowgirl on Sun Jun 23 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Sun Jun 23 1:55 pm

gopher6 wrote:
Sun Jun 23 1:23 pm
Who are the Twinkies through back uniforms from?
Saint Paul Colored Gophers. Early 1900's team.

Edit: Whoops. This was answered already.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Mon Jun 24 3:00 pm

Pretty neat little write-up about Sano (another one) and what may be impacting his contact issues.

Spoiler alert: it has absolutely nothing to do with him not having enough bat speed or having a long swing. It has more to do with the fact that he's still bringing his hands back to the launch position while the ball is already en route to the plate. This also impacts his ability to lay off pitches that aren't in the zone (and is probably a factor in his check-swing tendencies). Not getting his hands to the launch point until the ball is already on the way to the plate means he has to decide to swing earlier. This also aids in him getting beat on elevated fastballs.

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2364
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Maize » Mon Jun 24 3:28 pm

Beauner wrote:
Mon Jun 24 3:00 pm
. Not getting his hands to the launch point until the ball is already on the way to the plate means he has to decide to swing earlier.
....So basically his swing takes too long. Got it.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27805
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Mon Jun 24 3:37 pm

Maize wrote:
Mon Jun 24 3:28 pm
Beauner wrote:
Mon Jun 24 3:00 pm
. Not getting his hands to the launch point until the ball is already on the way to the plate means he has to decide to swing earlier.
....So basically his swing takes too long. Got it.
Having a rolling launch point is not the equivalent of having a long swing. 🙄
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2364
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Maize » Mon Jun 24 3:40 pm

Is the guy that cleans the shitters at Target Field an executive vice president of custodial arts and management or is he still just a janitor?

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3161
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Bladepuller » Mon Jun 24 4:04 pm

Custodian of the crappers.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5181
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Jun 25 10:53 am

Excellent story by Reusse in the ST today about how the Twins discovered Kepler...with an added dig (thrown Falveys way) 😉😂 GPLers can Hate on Portly Pat all they want for turning on the Gophers ever since his nephew played for Jan Brady 15-16 years ago...but the guy is a talented story teller, regardless...

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15585
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 134 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jun 25 3:34 pm

I began reading him well before any supposed turn and have always thought he was at best passable. Truth be told he has written some great stories about golf and small town baseball for example, yet he also has the uncanny ability to write a story that lacks purpose and even sometimes without an ending. A meandering collection of words with nary a concise message that tailed off at the end. As if he fell asleep only to hit "send" at the deadline. Your opinion of Gopher's fans opinions of him however would fit right in one of his articles. :wink:
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27704
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 169 times
Age: 39

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Handyman » Tue Jun 25 3:47 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Jun 25 10:53 am
Excellent story by Reusse in the ST today about how the Twins discovered Kepler...with an added dig (thrown Falveys way) 😉😂 GPLers can Hate on Portly Pat all they want for turning on the Gophers ever since his nephew played for Jan Brady 15-16 years ago...but the guy is a talented story teller, regardless...
Yeah he isnt. Keep trying though.

Pat sucked long before 15-16 years ago. And he turned on all the local teams long before that as well.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5181
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Jun 25 3:50 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Jun 25 3:34 pm
I began reading him well before any supposed turn and have always thought he was at best passable. Truth be told he has written some great stories about golf and small town baseball for example, yet he also has the uncanny ability to write a story that lacks purpose and even sometimes without an ending. A meandering collection of words with nary a concise message that tailed off at the end. As if he fell asleep only to hit "send" at the deadline. Your opinion of Gopher's fans opinions of him however would fit right in one of his articles. :wink:
LMAO...he’s a columnist, not a novelist, who only gets so many column inches to write a story. He’s good at telling a story & spinning a yarn, whether town baseball, golf or MLB...contrary to your opinion. Is he a troll at heart... particularly relating to Gopher Hockey...yeah.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15585
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 134 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jun 25 7:56 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Jun 25 3:50 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Jun 25 3:34 pm
I began reading him well before any supposed turn and have always thought he was at best passable. Truth be told he has written some great stories about golf and small town baseball for example, yet he also has the uncanny ability to write a story that lacks purpose and even sometimes without an ending. A meandering collection of words with nary a concise message that tailed off at the end. As if he fell asleep only to hit "send" at the deadline. Your opinion of Gopher's fans opinions of him however would fit right in one of his articles. :wink:
LMAO...
Yeah you roll with this. Nothing after that negates my point but perhaps you have more."say your words" in you?
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18672
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 296 times
Been liked: 199 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Jun 25 8:17 pm

The next Marvel Superhero? La Tortuga!

Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18672
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 296 times
Been liked: 199 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Jun 25 8:29 pm

Cron lucky it was't a POS baserunner. That could have been spike city.

Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

maroon_and_gold
Veteran
Posts: 766
Joined: Wed Jan 31 3:59 pm
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by maroon_and_gold » Tue Jun 25 8:29 pm

Noticed the Twins attendance has gotten better as they start winning. Wouldn’t the same thing happen with gopher hockey?

Not sure which thread this belongs in

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27704
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 169 times
Age: 39

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Handyman » Tue Jun 25 8:43 pm

7 runs on 12 hits so far...meh pretenders.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18672
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 296 times
Been liked: 199 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Jun 25 8:56 pm

Why does the Rays' pitcher look like an extra from The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9253
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 32 times
Age: 44

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by davescharf » Tue Jun 25 9:01 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Tue Jun 25 8:17 pm
The next Marvel Superhero? La Tortuga!

Byron Buxton he is not
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27704
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 169 times
Age: 39

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Handyman » Tue Jun 25 9:14 pm

Nah cause he is actually playing ;)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5074
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Snowcool08 » Tue Jun 25 9:16 pm

maroon_and_gold wrote:
Tue Jun 25 8:29 pm
Noticed the Twins attendance has gotten better as they start winning. Wouldn’t the same thing happen with gopher hockey?

Not sure which thread this belongs in
Again, they won 6 regular season titles in a row. Something nobody has ever done before, yet attendance went down. It wasn’t winning.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27704
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 169 times
Age: 39

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Handyman » Tue Jun 25 9:23 pm

Yeah but that is a bit of a misnomer. They won regular season titles but kept losing in the playoffs. Sooner or later you have to do more than just win the division.

And it took a while before people stopped going.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Tue Jun 25 9:23 pm

maroon_and_gold wrote:
Tue Jun 25 8:29 pm
Noticed the Twins attendance has gotten better as they start winning. Wouldn’t the same thing happen with gopher hockey?

Not sure which thread this belongs in
A big thing baseball has going for it is that there's nothing else going on.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30097
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 83 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Tue Jun 25 9:25 pm

But a big thing against baseball is that it doesn't "really count" right now (which is BS, but that is the mindset). Too long of a season.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3016
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Norm » Tue Jun 25 9:47 pm

maroon_and_gold wrote:
Tue Jun 25 8:29 pm
Noticed the Twins attendance has gotten better as they start winning. Wouldn’t the same thing happen with gopher hockey?

Not sure which thread this belongs in
Twins tickets are more affordable.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27704
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 169 times
Age: 39

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Handyman » Tue Jun 25 9:53 pm

KC comes back to beat Cleveland so lets hold on and gain back a game!
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9672
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 111 times
Age: 44

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Jun 26 7:00 am

Snowcool08 wrote:
Tue Jun 25 9:16 pm
maroon_and_gold wrote:
Tue Jun 25 8:29 pm
Noticed the Twins attendance has gotten better as they start winning. Wouldn’t the same thing happen with gopher hockey?

Not sure which thread this belongs in
Again, they won 6 regular season titles in a row. Something nobody has ever done before, yet attendance went down. It wasn’t winning.
And again, several of those were still bad Gopher teams that won the early B1G titles against terrible conference opponents. And they still lost most of the B1G playoff tournaments against those same bad teams and even missed the NCAAs because they couldn’t win outside the conference.

People aren’t going to flock to Mariucci to see the tallest midget.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4814
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 61 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Jun 26 8:05 am

This rumor keeps going.


User avatar
SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1938
Joined: Sun Feb 13 11:14 am
Location: New Prague
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 14 times
Age: 40
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Wed Jun 26 8:23 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Jun 25 10:53 am
Excellent story by Reusse in the ST today about how the Twins discovered Kepler...with an added dig (thrown Falveys way) 😉😂 GPLers can Hate on Portly Pat all they want for turning on the Gophers ever since his nephew played for Jan Brady 15-16 years ago...but the guy is a talented story teller, regardless...
The Scout that found him (Andy Johnson) is from Litchfield. He's a good guy and knows his baseball. Funny too.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27704
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 169 times
Age: 39

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Handyman » Wed Jun 26 9:02 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jun 26 8:05 am
This rumor keeps going.

I mean...if that is one of a few moves to help the rotation/bullpen that is a good move. In and of itself I am not sure it moves the meter much for me because he isnt exactly dominating. Maybe he needs a change though and we dont need him to bean ace or anything.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

Post Reply