2019-2020 Wild Season

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Vegoe » Wed Jun 19 10:44 am

Corey Perry getting bought out.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calc ... ry#results

Probably not a great fit for Minnesota, but a right shot forward. If he signed a Vanek type deal, 1-yr $3M, you'd have to be interested.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Jun 19 12:43 pm

Trade for poolparty if only for the sick nickname. Perry is over the hill.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by g-manpuck » Wed Jun 19 2:04 pm

Real Question....Perry or Pavelski? I know most will say neither but if you HAD to choose, which one?
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Jun 19 2:05 pm

At what price for each...
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Vegoe » Wed Jun 19 2:31 pm

$ - https://theathletic.com/1030899/2019/06 ... ng-clancy/
Zucker was asked if there’s ever a point where he feels, “Enough is enough, just trade me already then,” especially when he sees former teammates thrive elsewhere. Zucker said he really thinks their success elsewhere had more to do with this just being a down year for everybody in Minnesota.

“I mean, take Charlie. Don’t get me wrong, he played really well,” Zucker said. “But the points didn’t come right when he got there. But he was put into a clear role when he got there: ‘You’re our third-line center, you’re going to play this role, you’re going to do this and do that.’ And he thrived under it. We all knew Charlie had talent. He showed it here a lot. Is Charlie ever going to be a 30- or 40-goal scorer? Probably not. But he’s a guy that is very valuable on any team in the league.”
So does Zucker think he hasn't been given a chance to show what he's got the last two years?

team22tank
Veteran
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by team22tank » Wed Jun 19 2:42 pm

g-manpuck wrote:
Wed Jun 19 2:04 pm
Real Question....Perry or Pavelski? I know most will say neither but if you HAD to choose, which one?
Pavelski if it was for 3 years. In a heartbeat for me. He is a player and a pro inside and out.

Financially you can project three years out pretty easily and it wouldn't effect their current 5 young forwards who are under Wild control for a while.

That is why I'm not really interested in a guy like Lee for 6 or 7 years.

Perry for two years max if you rolled the dice. Hope to get a Staal situation. But I would prefer not to and can't see the Wild adding another veteran coming off of a knee surgery.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Jun 19 3:14 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Wed Jun 19 2:31 pm
$ - https://theathletic.com/1030899/2019/06 ... ng-clancy/
Zucker was asked if there’s ever a point where he feels, “Enough is enough, just trade me already then,” especially when he sees former teammates thrive elsewhere. Zucker said he really thinks their success elsewhere had more to do with this just being a down year for everybody in Minnesota.

“I mean, take Charlie. Don’t get me wrong, he played really well,” Zucker said. “But the points didn’t come right when he got there. But he was put into a clear role when he got there: ‘You’re our third-line center, you’re going to play this role, you’re going to do this and do that.’ And he thrived under it. We all knew Charlie had talent. He showed it here a lot. Is Charlie ever going to be a 30- or 40-goal scorer? Probably not. But he’s a guy that is very valuable on any team in the league.”
So does Zucker think he hasn't been given a chance to show what he's got the last two years?
That's not the way I read it. Did he have an off year last season? Yes. So did just about everyone on the team. Dumba was like a balloon and when he went down the balloon deflated. Koivu going down put the nail in the coffin.

What I find interesting is how interested they are in trading him when they got such a nice team friendly market level contract for him last summer.

He went from hero to zero in one season.

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2018/7 ... ade-rumors
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by g-manpuck » Wed Jun 19 3:33 pm

team22tank wrote:
Wed Jun 19 2:42 pm
g-manpuck wrote:
Wed Jun 19 2:04 pm
Pavelski if it was for 3 years. In a heartbeat for me. He is a player and a pro inside and out.

Financially you can project three years out pretty easily and it wouldn't effect their current 5 young forwards who are under Wild control for a while.

That is why I'm not really interested in a guy like Lee for 6 or 7 years.

Perry for two years max if you rolled the dice. Hope to get a Staal situation. But I would prefer not to and can't see the Wild adding another veteran coming off of a knee surgery.
I am with you on Pavelski. Honestly I wouldn't be interested in anyone on the free agent market for over 3 years honestly. I'm not at all interested in Perry because he just doesn't strike me as a team kind of guy. And as far as the Zucker situation goes I would keep him because like Scooby said his contract is very friendly over its life and Zucker is a hell of a player that loves this team although I wouldn't blame the guy if it was fading.

I say sign your RFA's and get one right shot right wing you would like to have and roll with your roster. If you could trade Rask for a bag of pucks, pull the trigger on that trade. Otherwise I wouldn't object to stand pat on what you have if you could wrangle Pavelski in.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Vegoe » Wed Jun 19 4:28 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jun 19 3:14 pm
What I find interesting is how interested they are in trading him when they got such a nice team friendly market level contract for him last summer.

What's interesting is if you look at even strength goals last season he was 132nd, the year before 19th. You can say that's luck... but that's a huge drop off.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Jun 19 4:35 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Wed Jun 19 4:28 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jun 19 3:14 pm

What's interesting is if you look at even strength goals last season he was 132nd, the year before 19th. You can say that's luck... but that's a huge drop off.
So, which one is the anomaly? Appears Fenton has made up his mind.
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by Handyman » Wed Jun 19 6:35 pm

I would say the year before was...but I worked also say 132nd is way below where he likely finishes as well.

He is a good player but he is not a great player by any stretch imho.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Jun 19 6:57 pm

Handyman wrote:
Wed Jun 19 6:35 pm
I would say the year before was...but I worked also say 132nd is way below where he likely finishes as well.

Fair enough. You realize that the Wild in their history have only drafted two players (pretty sure this correct) who have scored 30+ goals in a season. And one of them now is considered a fluke.

That's one hell of a draft record.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Wed Jun 19 8:28 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jun 19 6:57 pm
Handyman wrote:

Fair enough. You realize that the Wild in their history have only drafted two players (pretty sure this correct) who have scored 30+ goals in a season. And one of them now is considered a fluke.

Yup and the guy that had the least to do with it is taking probably more heat than anyone in the history of the organization has taken.

Just think the Wild went into last year without one forward on the roster in the 23-25 year range, usually the age when a player shows what they have and enters their prime. Not a single one on the roster. That's hard to do.

Fenton could have made maybe one move, say the Donato one. But that still leaves way to large of a gap between the Granlunds, Nino, Zucker, ect and all the players he will be drafting last year this year and next.

He needed a new core, that when they hit 25-26 if Fenton is worth his Salt his draft picks at 21-23 will plug right into the NHL team.

I hope the team is good enough or Leipold is smart enough to give him a few years no matter what. It would be a shame to ironically fire the one guy in almost 20 years that might be able to draft players and develop them.

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by Handyman » Wed Jun 19 10:39 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Handyman wrote:

Yeah. I am no defender of their drafts that is too be sure.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jun 20 8:06 am

team22tank wrote:
Wed Jun 19 8:28 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Handyman wrote:

Yup and the guy that had the least to do with it is taking probably more heat than anyone in the history of the organization has taken.

Just think the Wild went into last year without one forward on the roster in the 23-25 year range, usually the age when a player shows what they have and enters their prime. Not a single one on the roster. That's hard to do.

Fenton could have made maybe one move, say the Donato one. But that still leaves way to large of a gap between the Granlunds, Nino, Zucker, ect and all the players he will be drafting last year this year and next.

He needed a new core, that when they hit 25-26 if Fenton is worth his Salt his draft picks at 21-23 will plug right into the NHL team.

I hope the team is good enough or Leipold is smart enough to give him a few years no matter what. It would be a shame to ironically fire the one guy in almost 20 years that might be able to draft players and develop them.
I admire your faith in Fenton. I wish I felt the same.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jun 20 8:07 am

Wild’s Jason Zucker receives King Clancy trophy for humanitarian work
https://theathletic.com/1037568/2019/06 ... rian-work/

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Thu Jun 20 8:40 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Thu Jun 20 8:06 am

I admire your faith in Fenton. I wish I felt the same.
It isn't so much faith at this point, rather feeling good that if we keep our draft picks for a few years, especially rounds 1-3 we will probably be in good shape.

2016 & 2017 combined. 1 first round pick, 0 2nd round picks, 1 3rd. Yikes! These are 20 and 21 year olds now, the Wild drafted 2 players!

2018 & 2019 combined. 2 first round picks, 1 2nd round pick, 4 3rds. 7 total players.

I have faith in the process and route he is taking, it is the right path. As far as faith in him that will come when guys like McBain, Khovanov, Dewar come to Iowa and start producing and he proves he can identify talent.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jun 20 8:53 am

The process seems like common sense to me. I have a hard time giving him high marks for keeping draft picks. I wouldn't have traded mine for Martin Hanzal either.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Thu Jun 20 9:15 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Thu Jun 20 8:53 am
The process seems like common sense to me. I have a hard time giving him high marks for keeping draft picks. I wouldn't have traded mine for Martin Hanzal either.
He will be getting high marks if he drafts talent.

It is just as silly to want to show him the door this early in the process. Especially since the old version of the team that he gave 45 games wasn't doing squat.

The fans really showed their true colors there. For 3 years after each first round exit the most vocal screamed for changes and tear downs and blow ups. That was the last thing they really wanted.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jun 20 9:22 am

team22tank wrote:
Thu Jun 20 9:15 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Thu Jun 20 8:53 am
He will be getting high marks if he drafts talent.

It is just as silly to want to show him the door this early in the process. Especially since the old version of the team that he gave 45 games wasn't doing squat.

The fans really showed their true colors there. For 3 years after each first round exit the most vocal screamed for changes and tear downs and blow ups. That was the last thing they really wanted.
Sure. If the talent starts to ooze out of Iowa or any other development league and the pipeline starts getting rated in the top 10 again I'll sing his praises.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Fri Jun 21 10:29 am

Yikes, F& A Fenton.

For the first time since 2012, the Minnesota Wild possess picks in rounds one through three, and more importantly hold a pick in every round adding up to a total of eight over the weekend. If the picks hold, it will be the second consecutive year Minnesota has eight picks in the entry draft.

zonecoverage.com/2019/wild/2019-state-of-the-wild-prospect-pool/

The Wild also will triple the number of 1st - 3rd rounds picks between 18' & 19' versus 16' & 17'.

Damn it Fenton.

maroon_and_gold
Veteran
Been liked: 8 times

Post by maroon_and_gold » Fri Jun 21 11:18 am

Draft Brink

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Jun 21 8:11 pm

My God if Caufield is there you have to take him

J22
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 22 times

Post by J22 » Fri Jun 21 8:11 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 8:11 pm
Please no

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Jun 21 8:13 pm

J22 wrote:
Bonin21 wrote:
Please no
You don't work for the team anymore Chuck lol

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Jun 21 8:18 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
I agree. Arizona just jumped up to steal somebody from the Wild.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Jun 21 8:19 pm

It's Happening GIF

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Jun 21 8:20 pm

Coyotes steal the swedish defensemen. What will Fenton ever do now?

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Jun 21 8:21 pm

Cole Cafield sitting their for the Wild 😳

Butters Stotch
Rookie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Butters Stotch » Fri Jun 21 8:22 pm

Nyet on Caufield.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Jun 21 8:22 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
But he is a Badger. You can't cheer for that can you?

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Jun 21 8:22 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Jun 21 8:22 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
But he is a Badger. You can't cheer for that can you?
No, I won't cheer for them. But they should take him.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Jun 21 8:23 pm

I cheer for Kunin now. I don't see a problem.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Jun 21 8:24 pm

That's a no from me, dog.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Jun 21 8:25 pm

Classic who needs goal scorers lmao

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Jun 21 8:27 pm

Wow.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Jun 21 8:29 pm

Boldy's mom is the older but still hot version of the Grandma's Boy chick.

maroon_and_gold
Veteran

Post by maroon_and_gold » Fri Jun 21 8:29 pm

Are people really mad about this?? It’s a solid pick

Butters Stotch
Rookie

Post by Butters Stotch » Fri Jun 21 8:38 pm

Wow. Philly takes York over Caufield.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Jun 21 8:38 pm

Not surprising Chuck just posted on here to skip Caufield.

Butters Stotch
Rookie

Post by Butters Stotch » Fri Jun 21 8:40 pm

Chuck.............smh

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Jun 21 8:46 pm

I'd rather have the guy that bends the twine more often. Oh well. Montreal's putting together some good prospects.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Jun 21 8:49 pm

Time will tell...but the Wild sure LUV to draft or trade for left handed shot forwards :roll: :lol:

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Jun 21 8:54 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 8:49 pm
Time will tell...but the Wild sure LUV to draft or trade for left handed shot forwards :roll: :lol:
Yeah. It's weird

J22
Golden
Golden

Post by J22 » Fri Jun 21 9:06 pm

Boldy was the best player still available

midevil bowievil
Veteran

Post by midevil bowievil » Fri Jun 21 9:10 pm

Any of these top guys coming to the Gophers? I hear BC, BU, Wisco.

Butters Stotch
Rookie

Post by Butters Stotch » Fri Jun 21 9:15 pm

If size is the reason why Caufield fell, makes you wonder if Brink will fall out of the 1st round.

Jane Fonda
Veteran
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Jane Fonda » Fri Jun 21 9:40 pm

Shoulda taken Caufield.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Jun 21 10:16 pm

J22 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:06 pm
Of course he was.

Gopherguy05
Veteran
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Gopherguy05 » Fri Jun 21 10:27 pm

Butters Stotch wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:15 pm
If size is the reason why Caufield fell, makes you wonder if Brink will fall out of the 1st round.
Yep

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Sat Jun 22 7:25 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:16 pm
J22 wrote:
Of course he was.
Keiffer Bellows

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Jun 22 10:12 am

team22tank wrote:
Sat Jun 22 7:25 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
J22 wrote:
Of course he was.
Keiffer Bellows
The more I read the more I like the pick. Wasn't the sexy pick but it was a good one.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jun 22 10:39 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Jun 22 10:12 am
team22tank wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
J22 wrote:
Of course he was.
Keiffer Bellows
The more I read the more I like the pick. Wasn't the sexy pick but it was a good one.
I’m hoping the kid will be a hell of a player for the Wild. When Fenton noted in Russo article “Being a Massachusetts kid like me played into it,” Fenton, who went to Boston University, said.” It made me chuckle. Fenton either will prove (to be) an astute judge of hockey talent (that’s all that really matters) ...he will be retorting “welcome to Arby’s, do you have any coupons” in roughly 12 months, at this point I’m hoping its the former, but the jury is out on this. :confused2:

J22
Golden
Golden

Post by J22 » Sat Jun 22 10:49 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Jun 22 10:39 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Jun 22 10:12 am
team22tank wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
J22 wrote:
Of course he was.
Keiffer Bellows
I’m hoping the kid will be a hell of a player for the Wild. When Fenton noted in Russo article “Being a Massachusetts kid like me played into it,” Fenton, who went to Boston University, said.” It made me chuckle. Fenton either will prove (to be) an astute judge of hockey talent (that’s all that really matters) ...he will be retorting “welcome to Arby’s, do you have any coupons” in roughly 12 months, at this point I’m hoping its the former, but the jury is out on this. :confused2:
:dope: Yeah, it's not like Fenton has been doing this for 20+ years or anything.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jun 22 11:16 am

He hasn’t been making the Final Decision on who to draft for 20 years though...I hope for the best. At least he has guarded the draft picks, unlike smooth talking FLETCH. 🙄

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Jun 22 11:31 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Jun 22 11:16 am
He hasn’t been making the Final Decision on who to draft for 20 years though...I hope for the best. At least he has guarded the draft picks, unlike smooth talking FLETCH. 🙄
Maybe it's an act. He acts like he's just shooting everything from the hip for Russo and he really is using all the necessary tools to do his job he just doesn't want us to know it?

Probable? No. Possible? Yes.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jun 22 12:24 pm

Clearly FLETCH paid attention to the 2018 MN State AA Hockey Tournament during his waning days occupying an office at XCEL :lol:

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Jun 22 12:38 pm

Another LW? Wow. Isn't that like the easiest position on the ice to fill?

maroon_and_gold
Veteran

Post by maroon_and_gold » Sat Jun 22 12:53 pm

Hasn’t technically been reported yet Wild take Vladislav Firstov

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Jun 22 12:55 pm

He's off to the Soviet Union junior team next year aka UCONN.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jun 22 1:00 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Jun 22 12:38 pm
Another LW? Wow.
Smells a little bit like Jonny Flynn & Ricky Rubio 😉 KIDDING :biggrin2:

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Jun 22 1:03 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Jun 22 1:00 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Jun 22 12:38 pm
Another LW? Wow.
Smells a little bit like Jonny Flynn & Ricky Rubio 😉 KIDDING :biggrin2:
The way Fenton acts, speaks, and goes about his business smells alot like Kahn. God, I hope I'm wrong about that.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Jun 22 1:06 pm

Now a goalie.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jun 22 1:09 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Jun 22 1:06 pm
Now a goalie.
And SURPRISE he’s 6’5” 👌😂 Damn, not a 3rd LF (Kahn drafted 3 PG in a row) as I recall. Well, as long as Cole Caufield doesn’t turn out to be the hockey version of Steph Curry, it’s all Good 👍
Last edited by bearpaw28 on Sat Jun 22 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Jun 22 1:17 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Jun 22 1:09 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Now a goalie.
And SURPRISE he’s 6’5” 👌😂 Damn, not a 3rd LF (Khan drafted 3 PG in a row) as I recall. Well, as long as Cole Caufield doesn’t turn out to be the hockey version of Steph Curry, it’s all Good 👍
And traded away two picks to move up and get him. I thought we weren't trading picks away anymore?

Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 58 times

Post by Thirty-Four » Sat Jun 22 1:20 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Jun 22 1:17 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Now a goalie.
And SURPRISE he’s 6’5” 👌😂 Damn, not a 3rd LF (Khan drafted 3 PG in a row) as I recall. Well, as long as Cole Caufield doesn’t turn out to be the hockey version of Steph Curry, it’s all Good 👍
And traded away two picks to move up and get him. I thought we weren't trading picks away anymore?
I'm sure the Kool Aid Man will come crashing through the wall with either an attack on you or an " explanation " of how amazing that move was. :rotflmao:

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jun 22 1:21 pm

I’m OK with moving up to get a late 2nd round pick, if the G selected has a legitimate chance to replace Dubbs down the road.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Jun 22 1:33 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Jun 22 1:21 pm
I’m OK with moving up to get a late 2nd round pick, if the G selected has a legitimate chance to replace Dubbs down the road.
I thought the replacement was in Iowa already? What happened to him?

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jun 22 1:33 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Jun 22 1:17 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Now a goalie.
Can’t make this $h!t up...Wild now trade up and select another LW :lol:

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Jun 22 1:34 pm

And moves up by trading next year away to get another left wing. Wow.

Edit: he could be a center. NHL Network may have it wrong.

maroon_and_gold
Veteran

Post by maroon_and_gold » Sat Jun 22 1:39 pm

Think we’ve got enough left wings Paul

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Jun 22 3:24 pm

Another left shot in the 5th round..

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Jun 22 4:06 pm

Another goalie in the 7th. Left shot D in the 6th. Not a single right shot in the bunch.

00xtremeninja
Veteran
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Jun 22 4:44 pm

Gives tilting the ice a whole new meaning eh?
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

GoldenRube
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 2 times

Post by GoldenRube » Sat Jun 22 5:17 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Jun 22 4:06 pm
Another goalie in the 7th. Left shot D in the 6th. Not a single right shot in the bunch.
I'm almost afraid to ask but why is having all left handed shots a big deal? Do you expect all of them to make it to the Wild at the same time? Should the Wild have thought "well we took a lot of lefties maybe we should draft a right handed shot even though we ranked him lower"?
Or, did you like the draft but had to find something to complain about?
No matter how badass you are, if a toddler hands you a ringing toy phone you answer it.