Just a place for Jupiter to babble.
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 55 times

It ain't easy being anti-cheesy.

Post by Jupiter » Wed Apr 21 10:28 am

I hate cheese... Yep, that's right. I hate cheese and there is nothing I can do about it. As far back as I remember, I have not liked it. I just can't stand the taste or smell of most cheeses. Yet, here is the kicker... I like pizza. I guess Mozzarella does not bother me too much since it has no flavor. Though I would prefer to have tons of toppings versus having a bunch of cheese on my pizza. Start adding other types of cheese on my pizza and I will not eat it.

I hate being the guy that does not like cheese. People ask if I am lactose intolerant or something like that and they are usually confused when I tell them that I just hate the taste of it. I usually just say that you if don't like something, there is nothing you can do about it. Most people have some type of food that they refuse to eat, my problem is that 99% of people like cheese which really makes me an outcast. It's gotten to the point to where I just tell people that I hate Wisconsin so much that I don't eat cheese.

What really sucked as a kid was that I had family members that really didn't get that I hated cheese. I would visit my Dad's for 2-3 months during the summer growing up. (parents divorced) They would always make scalloped or au-gratin potatoes. My father was in the Army, so things were a little strict. So I needed to eat everything on my plate. Those potatoes literally made me gag when i had to eat them.... Then there were times back at home in Minnesota that my Mom would mix some cheese in to my scrabbled eggs for breakfast. I think she just wanted to test me to see if I could tell if she put a small about of cheese in the eggs or not. Other times she would say flat out that she didn't know that I didn't like cheese. HUH? How could you forget that your own kid does not like cheese? Needless to say.... There were many times where I was forced to eat cheese and think my hatred for cheese has been greatly amplified because of it.

What sucks these days about not liking cheese is that many things that used to not come with cheese now does. Some time in the mid 90's, some idiot cheese lover decided it was a good idea to add cheese to dinner salads at restaurants. It was never this way back in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. So now I have to ask them if they have cheese on their salads. I can't even get a salad from a fast food place because all of them are pre-made with cheese in it!!!! What's even worse is now some restaurants are putting blue cheese on their steaks! Good god! How can you ruin something as good as a steak by adding something that smells like stinky feet to it!!!! GRRRRR!!!!!

Okay.... must calm down.

I guess I will just continue to be an outcast when it comes to cheese. My taste buds are not gonna change. Since becoming an adult, I have met a few people who hate cheese like I do. So it's nice to know there are a few of us out there. But to all of those cheese lovers our there, consider yourself lucky. Because it ain't easy being anti-cheesy.

Zaniah

Re: It ain't easy being anti-cheesy.

Post by Zaniah » Wed Apr 21 12:16 pm

Also, it is not easy being MRS. Anti-cheesy. Cooking for the family without cheese bites - especially since 90% of hamburger helper type easy meals have cheese in them. Just yesterday, I took a slice of cheese & melted it on a bagel for Samantha... she told me that it was disgusting & Alyssa demanded that I move it off the table because she could not stand to look at it...like father like daughter :)

BlueBandit24
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by BlueBandit24 » Wed Apr 21 12:59 pm

I hate potatoes, and I get the same type of dirty looks when I mention that fact. Thanksgiving sucks for me.

I can respect a genuine hatred for a wildly popular food.

Gopher Fan n Sue Land
Rookie

Post by Gopher Fan n Sue Land » Wed Apr 21 2:40 pm

Not sure if this is actually true, but I heard that your taste buds "dull" as you get older which is why kids are picky. As you get older, you start to like the things you hated because your taste buds cannot pick up on the same flavors as when you were a kid.

Again, not sure if it's true but don't give up yet!! If that doesn't work, take some sandpaper to your tongue and try that.

cphockeyman
Golden
Golden

Post by cphockeyman » Wed Apr 21 3:41 pm

Spicy Special!

Zwak
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Zwak » Sat Apr 24 10:22 am

Not only do I not like cheese but I also do not like chocolate.

Border Gopher
Veteran
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Border Gopher » Tue Oct 19 4:55 pm

Hahaha I just saw this for the first time. God dang do I love cheese! However, I cannot stand mushrooms one bit.

Gopher
Rookie

Post by Gopher » Sun Mar 13 2:03 pm

I also dislike cheese. I can deal with it on pizza or cheesy bread and in Mac and Cheese (probably since it isn't real cheese ;)) But otherwise I don't eat it at all.

Kelor
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Kelor » Mon Mar 28 7:22 pm

Cheese and Beer is God's gift to us. The only cheeses I don't like are cottage cheese and American cheese.

I hate nearly every cooked vegetable, but absolutely love un-cooked vegetables of any kind.

h8red
Veteran

Post by h8red » Wed Apr 18 2:11 pm

Border Gopher wrote:Hahaha I just saw this for the first time. God dang do I love cheese! However, I cannot stand mushrooms one bit.

Mushrooms are disgusting. The only way I can eat them if you carmelize them & put them on a steak!

Bash Brother
Veteran

Post by Bash Brother » Thu Nov 12 2:01 pm

I love this dude's style. Find a thread that doesn't have any posts in over 3 years and make a comment that really adds nothing.