Talk about the Women's team.
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Thu Jul 24 12:43 am

The women get their second goalie recruit of the week in Stoney Creek, Ontario's Serena D'Angelo. She's a '98 birth year and will likely be a 2016 recruit. Played this past year for the Stoney Creek Jr. Sabres.

Stoney Creek is right by Hamilton.

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Thu Jul 24 11:09 am

As we've redone and downsized the recruiting links a bit, I thought I'd start this thread as a catch-all for women's team recruiting stuff I stumble across. These are the future recruits committed to the best of my knowledge. Teams listed are last year's teams. I will bring these back with links as hockey season gets closer.

G Emma May (Cretin)
F Sarah Potomak (Pursuit of Excellence 19U) from Aldergrove, British Columbia
D Sophie Skarzynski (Chicago Mission 19U) from Wilmette, Illinois
F Taylor Williamson (Edina) daughter of former Gopher Deano Williamson and granddaughter of former Gopher Murray Williamson

G Serena D'Angelo (Stoney Creek Jr. Sabres) from Stoney Creek, Ontario
D Patti Marshall (Shattuck 16U) from Thief River Falls
D Katie Robinson (Dodge County) from Kasson
F Alex Woken (Shattuck 16U) from Fargo

G Alex Gulstene (North American Hockey Academy)
have seen both Evanston, Illinois and North Vancouver as Ms. Gulstene's home town
Last edited by Iceburg on Tue Sep 16 10:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Retired Thread Police

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Jul 24 11:15 am

Needs more Jincy Dunne
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Thu Jul 24 12:55 pm

There is some information out there that Dunne has committed to Ohio State.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Jul 24 1:12 pm

Out where? And not a single tweet about it ever?
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Hammy
Veteran
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Hammy » Thu Jul 24 1:17 pm

Five-HoleFrenzy wrote:There is some information out there that Dunne has committed to Ohio State.

Feel pretty sure that if there was any validity to that gossip, it would have been out by now.
Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Thu Jul 24 1:40 pm

Bonin21 wrote:Out where? And not a single tweet about it ever?

Initially saw it referenced on the High School Hockey Forums from poster EPIC97

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:58 am

Here are some recent commits.

Jincy Dunne D, US Under 18, St. Louis Lady Blues to Ohio State.
Charly Dahlquist F, Eden Prairie H.S. to North Dakota.
Jaycee Gebhard F, Notre Dame H.S. , Saskatchewan (JWHL player of the year) to Mercyhurst.
Lauren Boyle D, Eden Prairie H.S. to Ohio State.
Paige Sorensen D, Wayzata H.S. to Merrimack.

Then it has shown up in the USHO Forum, Women's College Hockey, in the thread 2015/2106 Division 1 Commitments posted by HUX on 7/15

Ohio State
Lauren Boyle ....................D ...................................(Eden Prairie) ...........................Eden Prairie, MN
Jincy Dunne ......................D ..........................(USA 18s/St. Louis Jr Blues) ..................................., MO
Mikalea Gardner .................D ................................(Chicago Fury) ...................................Plainfield, IL
Erin Langermaier ................F ................................(Ohio Flames) ..................................Westlake, OH

That's as much as I know...

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Thu Jul 24 1:42 pm

I think that is a case of the blind leading the blind. One guy using the gossip of another guy.

Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Thu Jul 24 1:43 pm

That could very well be the case...Although the other listings have validity and Dunne's sister is going to be a freshmen for Ohio State, so I supposed it is not out of the realm of possibility.
Last edited by Five-HoleFrenzy on Thu Jul 24 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Jul 24 1:48 pm

Ya the HS website is mostly HS kids that can't string together a proper sentence...

Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Thu Jul 24 1:57 pm

It is interesting that Dunne, herself, has not tweeted out any kind of announcement which is pretty common so I guess time will tell.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Thu Jul 24 2:11 pm

I've also seen it HERE

Retired Thread Police

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Thu Jul 24 3:18 pm

If there is any truth to it, it would be the quietest commitment from a high end player that I've seen in a while. I realize women's hockey doesn't get the same attention but still...

Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Thu Jul 24 5:07 pm

Definitely a quiet commitment but there seems to be enough credibility that the "blind leading the blind" and "mostly HS kids who can't put a sentence together" statements seem a bit presumptuous.

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Thu Jul 24 5:24 pm

If you believed every random poster with little to no history of accuracy on such things, you'd might also end up believing the world is flat, JFK and Jim Morrison are having drinks on a beach somewhere, and we never landed on the moon. Maybe you aren't a skeptic (which is fine) but I tend to want to see a little more than that. Especially in the day of twitter, etc. No comment from her about it, no comment from her sister about it, no media comment on it, etc.? This is possibly the top recruit (or certainly top few recruits) in the nation. No comment at all from anybody? Something seems a tad amiss there.

I'm not saying it absolutely can't be true but it would be extremely odd to have somebody say she committed a month ago like on that HS board and not have one hockey or media person (or somebody affiliated with her) say anything to confirm it.

Neely
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Neely » Fri Jul 25 7:38 am

The info on the USCHO college thread is generally pretty accurate. I've not seen one in quite some time that was not true, at least for the local kids. Agree that it's odd there would be no confirmation from the player but I also don't think it's just some random kid making stuff up.
I know what I know. I know what I don't know. But I don't know what I don't know.

Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Fri Jul 25 10:21 am

Hammy wrote:If you believed every random poster with little to no history of accuracy on such things, you'd might also end up believing the world is flat, JFK and Jim Morrison are having drinks on a beach somewhere, and we never landed on the moon. Maybe you aren't a skeptic (which is fine) but I tend to want to see a little more than that. Especially in the day of twitter, etc. No comment from her about it, no comment from her sister about it, no media comment on it, etc.? This is possibly the top recruit (or certainly top few recruits) in the nation. No comment at all from anybody? Something seems a tad amiss there.

I'm not saying it absolutely can't be true but it would be extremely odd to have somebody say she committed a month ago like on that HS board and not have one hockey or media person (or somebody affiliated with her) say anything to confirm it.

SIgh...Seriously?

Look, all I said initially was "there is information out there". I was questioned about that information and gave what I had seen. I never commented one way or another about said information until Bonin21 and you made your comments. Neely's post sums up pretty well what I think of the information.

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Fri Jul 25 11:21 am

Neely wrote:The info on the USCHO college thread is generally pretty accurate. I've not seen one in quite some time that was not true, at least for the local kids. Agree that it's odd there would be no confirmation from the player but I also don't think it's just some random kid making stuff up.

IIRC, I read that the people on that board were taking their source from the HS board

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Fri Jul 25 11:25 am

Five-HoleFrenzy wrote:SIgh...Seriously?

Look, all I said initially was "there is information out there". I was questioned about that information and gave what I had seen. I never commented one way or another about said information until Bonin21 and you made your comments. Neely's post sums up pretty well what I think of the information.

I'm not sure you were questioned about anything (it wasn't about you... it was about one guy using the HS board as his reasoning on another board) as much as we simply said the info out there was a tad flimsy compared to the usual sources. The closest thing I have seen is what Iceburg posted after but I'm not even sure who puts that info together and how they do it.

Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Fri Jul 25 3:16 pm

Hammy wrote:
Five-HoleFrenzy wrote:SIgh...Seriously?

I'm not sure you were questioned about anything (it wasn't about you... it was about one guy using the HS board as his reasoning on another board) as much as we simply said the info out there was a tad flimsy compared to the usual sources. The closest thing I have seen is what Iceburg posted after but I'm not even sure who puts that info together and how they do it.

Meh, I took it that way but that's probably just me being overly sensitive to the fact that I don't have a sub 5 second 40 time.

Dunne's committent to Ohio State, if true, is a bit curious from a hockey standpoint. Her options should have been/maybe still are, unlimited in the context of women's college hockey programs. Ohio State's program? Crappy facilities and mediocre at best but maybe the lure of playing on the same team as her sister and raising the level of the program up from mediocre is the challenge she wants.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Tue Aug 05 9:30 am

USA Hockey wrote:COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – USA Hockey announced today the 69 PLAYERS INVITED to the 2014 USA Hockey Women's National Festival, which will take place Aug. 12-16, in Lake Placid, New York.

The Festival will be used to select the 22-player rosters for a pair of series against Canada held simultaneously from Aug. 21-24 in Calgary, Alberta, at Canada Olympic Park. The U.S. entries will feature an under-18 team and 22-and-under team.

Highlighting the roster for the Festival are four members of the silver medal-winning 2014 U.S. Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Team, including Alex Carpenter (North Reading, Mass.), Kendall Coyne (Palos Heights, Ill.), Michelle Picard (Taunton, Mass.) and Lee Stecklein (Image-Roseville, Minn.).

Ten members of the 2014 U.S. Women's National Under-18 Team -- Grace Bizal (Minnetonka, Minn.), Jincy Dunne (O'Fallon, Mo.), Rebecca Gilmore (Wayland, Mass.), Megan Keller (Farmington, Mich.), Lexie Laing (Marblehead, Mass.), Caitrin Lonergan (Roslindale, Mass.), Patricia Marshall (Image-Thief River Falls, Minn.), Abby Roque (Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.), Melissa Samoskevich (Sandy Hook, Conn.) and Sophie Skarzynski (Image-Wilmette, Ill.) -- are also on the Festival roster.

NOTES: The 2014 USA Hockey Women's National Festival will take place at the Lake Placid Olympic Center and all practices and scrimmages will be open to the public. The rosters for the U.S. Women's Select Teams (U18 and 22U) that will play Canada Aug. 21-24 in Calgary, will be announced on Aug. 17 ... The two teams will practice in Lake Placid on Aug. 17-18 prior to heading to Canada.

Current Gophers: Milica McMillen, Lee Stecklein, Rachel Bona, Hanna Brandt, Dani Cameranesi and Cara Piazza

Future Gophers: Alex Gulstene, Patricia Marshall, Sophie Skarzynski and Alex Woken

Alex Gulstene is one of only two '99 birth years invited. The other is California defenseman Cayla Barnes who is a former teammate of future Gopher men's player Brannon McManus (LINK).

Valerie Turgeon is the daughter of former NHL player Pierre Turgeon and the sister of Elizabeth Turgeon, a Gopher recruit from a few years back who was tragically killed before she made it to campus. (LINK)

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Mon Aug 18 12:54 pm

USA Hockey wrote:COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Twenty-two players who participated at the 2014 USA Hockey Women's National Festival have been chosen for the 2014 U.S. Women's Under-18 Select Team that will compete in a three-game series against Canada Aug. 21-24 in Calgary, Alberta, at Canada Olympic Park.

The USA Hockey Women's National Festival took place Aug. 12-16 at the Lake Placid Olympic Center in Lake Placid, New York.

The roster features eight players who helped the 2014 U.S. Women's National Under-18 Team earn a silver medal at the International Ice Hockey Federation Under-18 Women's World Championship in Budapest, Hungary. They are Grace Bizal (Minnetonka, Minn.), Jincy Dunne (O'Fallon, Mo.), Rebecca Gilmore (Wayland, Mass.), Caitrin Lonergan (Roslindale, Mass.), Patricia Marshall (Thief River Falls, Minn.), Abby Roque (Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.), Melissa Samoskevich (Sandy Hook, Conn.) and Sophie Skarzynski (Wilmette, Ill.).

The 22 players represent 13 different states. Minnesota leads the pack with seven representatives, Massachusetts has three and Illinois has two. California, Connecticut, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Washington, and Wisconsin each have one.

All games from the series are being streamed live and are available at usahockey.fasthockey.com.

NOTES: The 2014 U.S. Women's Under-18 Select Team will practice in Lake Placid on Aug. 17-18 prior to heading to Canada. The three-game series vs. Canada is an annual event between the two countries and has been held each August since 2007. Reagan Carey (Colorado Springs, Colo.), USA Hockey's director of women's hockey, is the general manager of the 2014 U.S. Women's Under-18 Select Team ... Joel Johnson (White Bear Lake, Minn.), associate head coach of the University of Minnesota women's ice hockey team, was named head coach of the U.S. Women's Under-18 Team for the 2014-15 seasons on May 20, 2014 ... Joining him as assistant coaches are Katie Lachapelle (Winthrop, Mass.), assistant women's ice hockey coach at Boston University, and Brent Hill (Troy, N.Y.), assistant women's ice hockey coach at Merrimack College.

Four future Gophers (Alex Woken, Sophie Skarzynski, Patricia Marshall and Alex Gulstene) on the U.S. TEAM and one (Sarah Potomak) on the CANADIAN TEAM.

Of the other Minnesotans on the U.S. team, two are uncommited (to my knowledge) at this point, Natalie Snodgrass (sophomore at Eastview) and Grace Bowlby (sophomore at Edina).

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Thu Aug 21 4:03 pm

Watch Canada-U.S, U-18 game HERE (starting right now)

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Sat Aug 30 12:06 am

Looks like if you're a women's college hockey coach looking for talent Stowe, Vermont is the place to be this weekend (LINK). Future Gophers Sophie Skarzynski (Chicago Mission), Serena D'Angelo (Stoney Jr. Sabres), Katie Robinson (Minnesota Whitecaps White) and Alex Gulstene (NAHA White) are here.

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Fri Sep 12 9:29 am

Shattuck names their GIRLS PREP ROSTER for 2014-15. Gopher recruits Patti Marshall (Thief River Falls) and Alex Woken (Fargo) on the team. They will begin play this weekend in the GIRLS ELITE LEAGUE. Other Gopher recruits playing in the league are Taylor Williamson (Team Black), Emma May (Team Black) and Katie Robinson (Team Red).

Stoney Creek, Ontario is the big gathering spot for college recruiters this weekend (LINK). Sophie Skarzynski (Chicago Mission), Sarah Potomak (POE-Red) and Serena D'Angelo (Stoney Creek Jrs.) are the Gopher recruits there.

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Thu Oct 16 1:08 pm

Girl's Elite League has their end of the season NIT tournament at Fogerty Arena in Blaine starting tomorrow (SCHEDULE). Future Gophers playing will include Patti Marshall and Alex Woken (SSM U-19), Katie Robinson (Team Red) and Sophie Skarzynski (Chicago Mission U-19). Gopher recruit Taylor Williamson has missed the Elite League season up to this point recovering from some off-season surgery. Not sure if she is ready to play yet or not.

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Tue Oct 21 2:37 pm

Gopher women apparently pick up a commitment from Minnetonka junior forward Kippin Keller. Up to this point she probably seemed like a more likely soccer prospect as she had been a member of the Minnesota Thunder Academy. She played hockey at Benilde last year.

Here are the future recruits to the best of my knowledge.

G Emma May (Cretin)
F Taylor Williamson (Edina) daughter of former Gopher Deano Williamson and granddaughter of former Gopher Murray Williamson

F Kippin Keller (Minnetonka)
D Patti Marshall (Shattuck) from Thief River Falls
F Alex Woken (Shattuck) from Fargo

have seen both Evanston, Illinois and North Vancouver as Ms. Gulstene's home town
F Grace Zumwinkle (Breck)

After the Girl's Elite League NIT tournament in Blaine this past weekend girls from the league have been picked to form two teams (plus one team of younger girls for the younger bracket) that will go to the "USA Canada Cup" in Detroit this coming weekend. High school practice begins on Monday (I believe) so this will be the last of the big talent showcases involving the local high school girls this summer/fall season.
Last edited by Iceburg on Sun Nov 02 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Tue Oct 21 3:16 pm

Looks like pretty much every every Gopher recruit will be in Detroit this weekend. Those that aren't playing in the "USA Canada Cup" thing will be playing in something called the "2 Nations College Prep Series"

Retired Thread Police

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Tue Oct 21 3:31 pm

Hopefully we land Potomak's younger sister too. Sounds like she is a pretty special player.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Oct 21 8:45 pm

Will they have to cross her sister to land it?
Currently under construction.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Tue Nov 04 11:58 am

The women pick up a commitment from Breck sophomore forward Grace Zumwinkle.

G Emma May (Cretin)

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Wed Dec 03 12:53 pm

Three future Gophers (Sophie Skarzynski, Alex Woken and Patti Marshall) named to the U.S. team that will compete in the 2015 International Ice Hockey Federation Under-18 Women's World Championship January 5-12 in Buffalo, New York. 2015 recruit Sarah Potomak will play on the Canadian team.

STORY

ROSTER

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Wed Dec 10 1:27 am

The women pick up a commitment from Blaine sophomore defenseman Emily Brown.

G Emma May (Cretin)

D Emily Brown (Blaine)
Last edited by Iceburg on Wed Dec 24 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Official early signing release

Post by Iceburg » Fri Dec 12 4:04 pm

Retired Thread Police

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by george » Mon Dec 15 7:52 am

Saw a U10A game out at Dakotah rink on Saturday and noticed a Hankinson jersey for Edina. Wonder if Frost has been talking to the parents, seems like a slam dunk recruit. :wink:

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Wed Dec 24 10:20 am

Iceburg wrote:The women pick up a commitment from Blaine sophomore defenseman Emily Brown

"Blaine sophomore blue-liner commits to the Gophers"

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Mon Jan 05 3:16 pm

The 2015 IIHF Under-18 Women’s World Championship starts today in Buffalo, New York. Four future Gophers taking part in this tournament, Sophie Skarzynski, Patti Marshall and Alex Woken for the American team and Sarah Potomak for the Canadians. Jumping right into the fire with Canada tonight at 6:00.

GAME NOTES

TONIGHT'S LINE CHART

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

IIHF Under-18 Women’s World Championship

Post by Iceburg » Tue Jan 06 1:44 am

U.S. and Canada tie 1-1. U.S. wins the shootout. Sarah Potomak scores the Canadian goal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zOkvmxNrwk[/youtube]

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Wed Jan 07 8:45 am

U.S. beats the Czechs 3-0, Alex Woken with one of the goals. Canada beats Russia 3-2, Sarah Potomak with a goal and an assist.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh9C60iNVp0[/youtube]

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Fri Jan 09 9:24 am

U.S. beats Russia 7-1. Alex Woken with one of the goals. Canada beats the Czechs also by a 7-1 score. Sarah Potomak with 2 gols and 2 assists. She currently leads the tournament in scoring (SCORING LEADERS) after leading the tournament in scoring last year. These were the last games of the preliminary round. The U.S. and Canada get quarterfinal round byes and do not play until semifinal action on Sunday (PLAYOFF BRACKET)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rTg6_lSFIg[/youtube]

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Mon Jan 12 8:40 am

The inevitable U.S.-Canada gold medal matchup is tonight. Canada beats Russia 3-1 (Sarah Potomak with a goal and an assist) and the U.S. beats the Czechs 5-0 (Patti Marshall with an assist).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlqcZqc89V0[/youtube]

Retired Thread Police

Kelor
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kelor » Mon Jan 12 9:15 pm

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Mon Jan 12 10:13 pm

Kelor wrote:USA won!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY5KyysLaGo[/youtube]

Retired Thread Police

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jan 13 7:32 am

Awesome.
Currently under construction.

Neely
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Neely » Tue Jan 13 10:38 am

Dunne is crazy good. Just adding her to OSU will make them a significantly better team.
I know what I know. I know what I don't know. But I don't know what I don't know.

Goldy77
Veteran
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Goldy77 » Thu Jan 15 10:44 am

Roseau senior F Tianna Gunderson commits to the U. 19GP 21-17-38.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Thu Jan 15 12:35 pm

Goldy77 wrote:Roseau senior F Tianna Gunderson commits to the U. 19GP 21-17-38.

F Tianna Gunderson (Roseau)
G Emma May (Cretin)

F Lindsay Agnew (Mississauga Chiefs) from Oakville, Ontario

D Emily Brown (Blaine)

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Mon Jan 26 8:12 pm

Gopher Women get a commitment from forward Lindsay Agnew of Oakville, Ontario for the 2016-17 season. She was one of three '98 birth years on the Canadian team (ROSTER) in the recent IIHF U-18 World Championships. She also was the leading scorer in the U.S.-Canada three game series last summer in Calgary (LINK).

G Emma May (Cretin)

D Emily Brown (Blaine)

Retired Thread Police

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Jan 26 8:18 pm

So who are the Gophers' top recruits and how do they compare to the Kessel/Brandt/Ramsey/Steckleins of the world?

Arlan Marttila
Rookie

Post by Arlan Marttila » Tue Jan 27 5:56 pm

From the list above, I'd single out Potomak. She is WCHA Rookie of the Year caliber, an award which both Brandt and Cameranesi won.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Wed Jan 28 4:04 pm

Arlan Marttila wrote:From the list above, I'd single out Potomak.

Image :sieve:

Retired Thread Police

Goldy77
Veteran
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Goldy77 » Wed Jan 28 4:11 pm

Chances good for landing her sister Amy?

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Thu Jan 29 3:12 pm

Future Gophers Taylor Williamson and Emma May among Ms. Hockey and Top Senior Goalie finalists.

LINK

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Thu Feb 05 8:28 am

Can't find confirmation, but a reliable poster on the high school board is saying that the women have picked up a commitment from sophomore forward Taylor Wente. She is the leading scorer for number three rated "AA" team Maple Grove.

D Anna Barlow (South St. Paul)
G Emma May (Cretin)
F Sierra Smith (Stillwater)

D Emily Brown (Blaine)
F Taylor Wente (Maple Grove)
Last edited by Iceburg on Wed Mar 04 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Retired Thread Police

Arlan Marttila
Rookie

Post by Arlan Marttila » Thu Feb 05 9:32 pm

Iceburg wrote:Can't find confirmation, but a reliable poster on the high school board is saying that the women have picked up a commitment from sophomore forward Taylor Wente.
She's getting congratulatory tweets, so it looks legit.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Fri Feb 13 1:33 pm

Five finalists for Ms. Hockey announced

Image :sieve:

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Sat Feb 14 9:36 am

A few tidbits from the world of Gopher women's recruits....

Three recruits advance to next weeks Girl's State Tournament - Edina senior forward Taylor Williamson, Minnetonka junior forward Kippin Keller and Blaine sophomore defenseman Emily Brown.

The Canada Winter Games, an every-four-year, multi-sport, Olympic style competition starts today in Prince George, British Columbia. Women's hockey is for '97 birth years and younger. Two future Gophers are taking part - 2015 recruit Sarah Potomak (along with younger sister Amy) are on the British Columbia team and 2016 recruit Lindsay Agnew is playing for Team Ontario. Tournament results and stats can be followed HERE.

Looks like the era of "no more free pass" for Shattuck teams advancing to nationals begins next Saturday when the Girl's Prep Team (with 2016 recruits Patti Marshall and Alex Woken) plays the Bauer-Emerson Revolution (formerly Achiever Academy) in a one game "state playoff" for (I'm assuming) the right to advance to the "USA Hockey" national tournament starting March 24 in Green Bay. The game is at Wakota Arena in South St. Paul at 4:50 p.m.

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Tue Feb 17 9:05 am

Taylor Williamson named the Star Tribune player of the year.

First Team
Second & Third Teams
"Rivals on Edina's Williamson: 'Taylor can end a game'"

From the "Pioneer Press All-East Metro girls hockey team" story....
The Pioneer Press wrote:ANNA BARLOW
School: South St. Paul
Position: Defense
Senior has 10 goals and 11 assists and is playing in the state tournament for the fifth time in six seasons for the No. 4-seeded Packers. Has one of the hardest shots in the program's rich history. Has a 4.0 grade-point average and plans to walk on with the Gophers. "She will go down as one of the best role models of all time at our school," Packers coach Dave Palmquist said.

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Wed Feb 18 8:38 am

Retired Thread Police

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Chris83 » Wed Feb 18 12:41 pm

I hope Edina wins tomorrow so we can see Williamson play Friday evening.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Thu Mar 05 11:04 am

The womens team picks up yet yet another walk-on for next year in Stillwater senior forward Sierra Smith.

D Anna Barlow (South St. Paul)
G Emma May (Cretin)
F Sierra Smith (Stillwater)

D Emily Brown (Blaine)
F Taylor Wente (Maple Grove)

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Tue Mar 24 1:22 pm

Did it for the guys, so I'll put a link to follow the ladies also. The "USA Hockey" national tournaments start Thursday. The Tier 1 girls tournaments are in Green Bay.

Tier 1 Girls 19U
  • Shattuck: Patti Marshall and Alex Woken
  • Chicago Mission: Sophie Skarzynski

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Mon Mar 30 10:38 am

Iceburg wrote:Did it for the guys, so I'll put a link to follow the ladies also. The "USA Hockey" national tournaments start Thursday. The Tier 1 girls tournaments are in Green Bay.

Tier 1 Girls 19U
  • Shattuck: Patti Marshall and Alex Woken
  • Chicago Mission: Sophie Skarzynski

Shattuck and Mission playing for the championship today at 11:00.

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Mon Mar 30 2:04 pm

Iceburg wrote:Shattuck and Mission playing for the championship today at 11:00.

Mission 3, Shattuck 2

Looks like next year's tournament will be somewhere in the metro next year (LINK)

Retired Thread Police

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by davescharf » Tue Mar 31 11:46 am

This could be a really dumb question, but has Jincy Dunne officially committed to OSU?
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Mar 31 11:53 am

Yes

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Fri Apr 10 10:37 am

Gopher recruits Taylor Williamson, Alex Woken, Patti Marshall, Grace Zumwinkle and Emma May on the "USA Today" ALL-USA Girls Hockey team.

Retired Thread Police

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Wed Apr 15 2:17 pm

Future Gophers Lindsay Agnew and Serena D'Angelo invited to Canada's U-18 summer camp which is the first step in the road to the national team for next year's World U-18 tournament. Another familiar name is Amy Potomak, sister of incoming recruit Sarah Potomak. (CAMP ROSTER)

Local girls start on the same path this coming weekend as Selects starts Friday in Plymouth. (ROSTERS & SCHEDULES) Gopher recruits Patti Marshall, Grace Zumwinkle, Emily Brown and Taylor Wente are among the girls taking part.

Selects for boys also kicks off this weekend in Plymouth. I'll try to have some info on that tomorrow.

Retired Thread Police

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Wed Apr 15 2:31 pm

Iceburg has graduated more toward women's recruiting links now. He likes the big time winning more. :wink:

Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Wed Apr 15 4:55 pm

The lady Gophers...The "process" is working and producing wins by the bucketful.

A question was asked about Jincy Dunne and her commitment to Ohio State which was made more interesting by the sudden departure of their coach. I don't know if it means anything for Dunne but Mikaela Gardner, who is also committed to Ohio State next year, is considering other options...Check that has in fact de-committed based on info posted on USCHO.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Thu May 07 10:23 am

Looks like the plan for the girls going through the Selects process is a little different this year. Some go to St. Cloud and some go to Maine.
the "Minnesota Hockey" site wrote:The girls selected will also be split into two groups. The first group of girls will be invited to the Under-18 Select 66 Camp on June 27 - July 3 in Biddeford, Maine, where they will have the opportunity to compete for a roster spot on the 2016 US Women's Under-18 team. In addition, another 39 girls will be attending the USA Hockey Under-18 Player Development Camp in St. Cloud, MN on July 8 - 14.

The girls heading to the Maine camp are..........

98's
D Grace Bowlby (Edina) Wisconsin recruit
D Emily Brown (Blaine) Image
D Mak Langei (Shattuck-St. Mary's) from East Grand Forks
D Patti Marshall (Shattuck-St. Mary's) Image, from Thief River Falls
D Allison Roethke (Buffalo) Quinnipiac recruit
D McKenzie Sederberg (Andover)
D Sylvia Wallin (Blake) Princeton recruit
D Taylor Wemple (Hill-Murray) North Dakota recruit
F Sydney Brodt (Mounds View) UMD recruit
F Presley Norby (Minnetonka) Wisconsin recruit
F Natalie Snodgrass (Eastview)

99's
D Lindsay Czech (Wayzata)
D Kathryn Glover (Hopkins) sister of Gopher defenseman Jack Glover
D Crystalyn Hengler (Eden Prairie)
D Christina Kampa (Maple Grove)
F Natalie Heising (Wayzata)
F Gabrielle Hughes (Centennial)
F Emily Oden (Edina)
F Joie Phelps (St. Paul United)
F Catherine Skaja (New Prague)
F Taylor Wente (Maple Grove) Image
F Grace Zumwinkle (Breck) Image

Marshall, Bowlby, Norby and Snodgrass are holdovers from last years World Championship team. Marshall will be trying to make her third U.S. U-18 team.
Last edited by Iceburg on Fri May 22 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Retired Thread Police

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Fri May 15 11:28 am

Looks like the Reillys' little sister is transferring here from Penn State:
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-ho ... 15aab.html

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

dryfly
Veteran
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by dryfly » Fri May 15 12:29 pm

thinkbui wrote:Looks like the Reillys' little sister is transferring here from Penn State:
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-ho ... 15aab.html

Awesome - so we will have yet ANOTHER Reilly to rip on.