Women's team recruiting

Talk about the Women's team.
User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Wed Sep 22 8:48 pm

St.Thomas recruits I know of…
Molly Grundhoffer (Shattuck via Mankato)
Ella Boerger (Andover via Sartell)
Madison Brown (Andover via Bismarck)
Ellah Hause (Hill-Murray)
Cara Sajevic (Gentry Academy)
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Wed Sep 22 10:25 pm

Iceburg wrote:
Wed Sep 22 8:48 pm
St.Thomas recruits I know of…
Molly Grundhoffer (Shattuck via Mankato)
Ella Boerger (Andover via Sartell)
Madison Brown (Andover via Bismarck)
Ellah Hause (Hill-Murray)
Cara Sajevic (Gentry Academy)
One, possibly two additions to the list...

Molly Grundhoffer SSM 22/23
Mary Zavoral BSM 22/23 *

Ella Boerger Andover 23/24
Madison Brown Andover 23/23
Cara Sajevic Gentry 23/24
Ellah Hause HM 23/24
Laine Devries Chisago Lakes 23/24 ?

Not sure about Devries but she was mentioned on the Girls high school hockey forum but I haven't seen it elsewhere.
Zavoral is tweeted on YHH
[[/url]

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Wed Sep 22 10:51 pm

You are right about both of them. Threw it together quickly and just forgot.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Wed Sep 29 11:09 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Sep 29 10:07 am
streakygopher wrote:
Wed Sep 29 10:04 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Sep 29 9:59 am
I thought it was this thread (but cannot find the post) but I finally found the 'source' of the claim that UST was out-recruiting MN and the names tossed out were Boerger, Brown, Devries and Hause. I have no idea if those are considered major losses or not but thought it would be fair to at least circle back.
I don't follow women's hockey, but how could Frost go from being the golden boy who hung banners year after year to being out recruited by an upstart tiny college?
Losing your top assistant coaches/evaluators/recruiters?
St. Thomas has done a nice job bringing in some nice talent. I know Frosty had some interest in at least three of them. In the long run are they the kind of players that help close the gap on where Wisconsin has been the past few years? None of these players are still candidates for the U18 national team. Don’t know why Brad is keeping the ‘23 commitments so quiet. If the players I’m hearing (admittedly a big “if”) do commit there will be four girls still in the running for the national team. Obviously the national team isn’t the “end all and be all” but I’d rather use someone else’s opinion than my own (parents read these things).
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Wed Sep 29 5:58 pm

Looks like my class of ‘23 predictions are going down the toilet.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
bar_down_guy
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 02 4:08 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by bar_down_guy » Wed Sep 29 6:25 pm

Iceburg wrote:
Wed Sep 29 5:58 pm
Looks like my class of ‘23 predictions are going down the toilet.
Looks like another disappointing commit for the gophers. I am not sure what they are thinking

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Wed Sep 29 7:15 pm

bar_down_guy wrote:
Wed Sep 29 6:25 pm
Iceburg wrote:
Wed Sep 29 5:58 pm
Looks like my class of ‘23 predictions are going down the toilet.
Looks like another disappointing commit for the gophers. I am not sure what they are thinking
I assume you are talking about Centennial’s Lauren O’Hara who announced this afternoon. Tall girl (probably about 5’11”) with nice hands. Similar to Hannah Chorske. I had six players I thought were lined up (O’Hara was one), but Alexandra Law, a forward from Ontario committed to Boston U today. Still waiting on four others.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Thu Sep 30 8:16 pm

Here’s where we are at as of today. I believe there is another defensive player for 2022 that has yet to be announced. Don’t know if we might see a flip on top of that.

2022
D Allie Franco (Hill-Murray)
D Vivian Jungels (Edina)
F Maddie Kaiser (Holy Family)

2023
D Elly Klepinger (Minnetonka)
F Ava Lindsay (Minnetonka)
F Lauren O’Hara (Centennial)
Last edited by Iceburg on Fri Oct 01 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
bar_down_guy
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 02 4:08 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by bar_down_guy » Thu Sep 30 9:22 pm

Iceburg wrote:
Thu Sep 30 8:16 pm
Here’s where we are at as of today. I believe there is another defensive player for 2022 that has yet to be announced. Don’t know if we might see a flip on top of that.

2022
D Allie Franco (Hill-Murray)
DVivian Jungels (Edina)
F Maddie Kaiser (Holy Family)

2023
D Elly Klepinger (Minnetonka)
F Ava Lindsay (Minnetonka)
F Lauren O’Hara (Centennial)

Hearing another potential gopher target has been lost to a rival school

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Mon Oct 04 1:43 pm

bar_down_guy wrote:
Thu Sep 30 9:22 pm
Iceburg wrote:
Thu Sep 30 8:16 pm
Here’s where we are at as of today. I believe there is another defensive player for 2022 that has yet to be announced. Don’t know if we might see a flip on top of that.

2022
D Allie Franco (Hill-Murray)
DVivian Jungels (Edina)
F Maddie Kaiser (Holy Family)

2023
D Elly Klepinger (Minnetonka)
F Ava Lindsay (Minnetonka)
F Lauren O’Hara (Centennial)

Hearing another potential gopher target has been lost to a rival school
Is that Grace Sadura going to UMD?

User avatar
bar_down_guy
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 02 4:08 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by bar_down_guy » Mon Oct 04 2:29 pm

Five-HoleFrenzy wrote:
Mon Oct 04 1:43 pm
bar_down_guy wrote:
Thu Sep 30 9:22 pm
Iceburg wrote:
Thu Sep 30 8:16 pm
Here’s where we are at as of today. I believe there is another defensive player for 2022 that has yet to be announced. Don’t know if we might see a flip on top of that.

2022
D Allie Franco (Hill-Murray)
DVivian Jungels (Edina)
F Maddie Kaiser (Holy Family)

2023
D Elly Klepinger (Minnetonka)
F Ava Lindsay (Minnetonka)
F Lauren O’Hara (Centennial)

Hearing another potential gopher target has been lost to a rival school
Is that Grace Sadura going to UMD?
No, it is one of the uncommitted 23's in the running for the U18 team. sounds like the official announcement will be next week

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Mon Oct 04 5:47 pm

:( BDG, you’ve really put a damper on my day
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
bar_down_guy
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 02 4:08 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by bar_down_guy » Wed Oct 06 6:10 pm

Iceburg wrote:
Thu Sep 30 8:16 pm
Here’s where we are at as of today. I believe there is another defensive player for 2022 that has yet to be announced. Don’t know if we might see a flip on top of that.

2022
D Allie Franco (Hill-Murray)
D Vivian Jungels (Edina)
F Maddie Kaiser (Holy Family)

2023
D Elly Klepinger (Minnetonka)
F Ava Lindsay (Minnetonka)
F Lauren O’Hara (Centennial)

Looks like there is a 22 flip from Mankato to the Gophers

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Wed Oct 06 6:19 pm

bar_down_guy wrote:
Wed Oct 06 6:10 pm
Iceburg wrote:
Thu Sep 30 8:16 pm
Here’s where we are at as of today. I believe there is another defensive player for 2022 that has yet to be announced. Don’t know if we might see a flip on top of that.

2022
D Allie Franco (Hill-Murray)
D Vivian Jungels (Edina)
F Maddie Kaiser (Holy Family)

2023
D Elly Klepinger (Minnetonka)
F Ava Lindsay (Minnetonka)
F Lauren O’Hara (Centennial)

Looks like there is a 22 flip from Mankato to the Gophers
Dani Burgen (Chisago Lakes) has removed “Mankato commit” from her Twitter and Instagram pages.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
bar_down_guy
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 02 4:08 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by bar_down_guy » Thu Oct 07 4:33 pm

Iceburg wrote:
Wed Oct 06 6:19 pm
bar_down_guy wrote:
Wed Oct 06 6:10 pm
Iceburg wrote:
Thu Sep 30 8:16 pm
Here’s where we are at as of today. I believe there is another defensive player for 2022 that has yet to be announced. Don’t know if we might see a flip on top of that.

2022
D Allie Franco (Hill-Murray)
D Vivian Jungels (Edina)
F Maddie Kaiser (Holy Family)

2023
D Elly Klepinger (Minnetonka)
F Ava Lindsay (Minnetonka)
F Lauren O’Hara (Centennial)

Looks like there is a 22 flip from Mankato to the Gophers
Dani Burgen (Chisago Lakes) has removed “Mankato commit” from her Twitter and Instagram pages.

Looked like I got the info wrong. Burgen commits to UMD

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Thu Oct 07 4:41 pm

bar_down_guy wrote:
Thu Oct 07 4:33 pm
Iceburg wrote:
Wed Oct 06 6:19 pm
bar_down_guy wrote:
Wed Oct 06 6:10 pm
Iceburg wrote:
Thu Sep 30 8:16 pm
Here’s where we are at as of today. I believe there is another defensive player for 2022 that has yet to be announced. Don’t know if we might see a flip on top of that.

2022
D Allie Franco (Hill-Murray)
D Vivian Jungels (Edina)
F Maddie Kaiser (Holy Family)

2023
D Elly Klepinger (Minnetonka)
F Ava Lindsay (Minnetonka)
F Lauren O’Hara (Centennial)

Looks like there is a 22 flip from Mankato to the Gophers
Dani Burgen (Chisago Lakes) has removed “Mankato commit” from her Twitter and Instagram pages.

Looked like I got the info wrong. Burgen commits to UMD
That makes some sense since her current and former linemates at Chisago Lakes are committed there as well...

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Thu Oct 07 5:01 pm

bar_down_guy wrote:
Thu Oct 07 4:33 pm
Looked like I got the info wrong. Burgen commits to UMD
Image
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3435
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 576 times
Been liked: 200 times
Age: 72

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by D2D » Sat Oct 09 10:51 am

Nice win in Game 1 last night.
https://gophersports.com/news/2021/10/8 ... r-umd.aspx

Hoping we can complete the sweep this afternoon!
D2D - 49 years, and counting...

User avatar
bar_down_guy
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 02 4:08 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by bar_down_guy » Mon Oct 11 11:58 am

U18 team Roster has been set. Official roster will be released this Thursday.

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7618
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Thu Oct 14 11:26 am

bar_down_guy wrote:
Mon Oct 11 11:58 am
U18 team Roster has been set. Official roster will be released this Thursday.


2004 Birth Year
G Ava McNaughton (Selects Academy U16) Wisconsin recruit, from Wexford, Pennsylvania
D Grace Dwyer (Philadelphia Jr. Flyers U19) Cornell recruit, from Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
D Janessa Gazdik (Gentry Academy) Mankato recruit, from Somerset, Wisconsin
D Sydney Morrow (Shattuck Prep) Ohio State recruit, from Darien, Connecticut
D Emma Peschel (Benilde) Ohio State recruit
D Laney Potter (Pittsburgh Penguins Elite U16) Wisconsin recruit, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
D Ava Svejkovsky (Delta Hockey Academy) Colgate recruit, from Point Roberts, Washington, daughter of former NHL player Jaroslav Svejkovsky
F Elyssa Biederman (Little Caesars U16) Colgate recruit, from Franklin, Michigan
F Danielle Burgen (Chisago Lakes) UMD recruit
F Laila Edwards (Selects Academy U19) Wisconsin recruit, from Cleveland Heights, Ohio
F Claire Enright (Lakeville South) Wisconsin recruit
F Kelly Gorbatenko (Chicago Mission U19) From Barrington, Illinois
F Tessa Janecke (North American Hockey Academy) Penn State recruit, from Orangeville, Illinois
F Madison Kaiser (Holy Family) :M:
F Kirsten Simms (Honeybaked U19) Wisconsin recruit, from Plymouth, Michigan

2005 Birth Year
G Annelies Bergmann (Oakland Jr. Grizzlies 15u boys) Cornell recruit, from Lancaster, Pennsylvania
G Sedona Blair (Holy Family)
D Molly Jordan (Loomis Chaffee) Boston College recruit, from Berlin, Connecticut
F Cassie Hall (Little Caesars U16) Wisconsin recruit, from South Lyon, Michigan
F Ava Lindsay (Breck) :M:
F Finley McCarthy (Selects Academy) From Whitefish, Montana

2006 Birth Year
F Maggie Scannell (Shattuck U16) From Wynantskill, New York
F Josie St. Martin (Stillwater)

From a recruiting stand point I believe I’m counting five uncommitteds here. Blair and Gorbatenko are class of ‘23 and can commit at any time. McCarthy, Scannell and St. Martin are class of ‘24 and can’t commit until next August.
Last edited by Iceburg on Thu Oct 14 12:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
outofstateoutofmind
Veteran
Posts: 1222
Joined: Sun Oct 11 6:41 am
Location: Connecticut
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Age: 25

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by outofstateoutofmind » Thu Oct 14 11:53 am

No Blacker. Just three goalies.

Grace Dwyer, an '04 Cornell recruit from Wynnewood, Pa., is on the blue line.

Burgen is now committed to UMD.

Post Reply