Women's team recruiting

Talk about the Women's team.
User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by D2D » Mon Apr 22 8:55 pm

And with the last two commits Breck overtakes both Blake and Chicago Mission by 4-3 margins!

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Mon Apr 22 9:20 pm

Image

Retired Thread Police

Lancaster
Rookie
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Oct 21 8:50 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Lancaster » Tue Apr 23 5:23 am

D2D wrote:
Mon Apr 22 8:55 pm
And with the last two commits Breck overtakes both Blake and Chicago Mission by 4-3 margins!
And that's without Olivia Mobley which, I'm not sure but, maybe we wish we had :conf2:

Does anyone have reports on Anne Cherkowski of Pursuit of Excellence?

User avatar
Gopherguy05
Veteran
Posts: 4807
Joined: Fri Dec 01 8:52 pm
Location: West St. Paul
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times
Age: 37

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Gopherguy05 » Tue Apr 23 8:33 am

Lancaster wrote:
Tue Apr 23 5:23 am
D2D wrote:
Mon Apr 22 8:55 pm
And with the last two commits Breck overtakes both Blake and Chicago Mission by 4-3 margins!
And that's without Olivia Mobley which, I'm not sure but, maybe we wish we had :conf2:

Does anyone have reports on Anne Cherkowski of Pursuit of Excellence?
She was on the Canadian U-18 team that beat the US in the world championships last January. Scored 2 goals and had one assist. One goal was the GTG afainst the US in the Gold Medal game.

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Tue Apr 23 1:12 pm

POE has been in town the last two years in September, so I've seen her play about five times. Nice skater with nice hands. Clever around the net. Probably more likely to make a "Taylor Wente" type impact than a "Zumwinkle" or an "Abbey Murphy" impact.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Tue May 14 7:59 pm

Minnesota Hockey announces the players that will move on to national HP camps.The players I list here are skating in the Girls Under-18 Select Camp that will be held in St. Cloud July 15-21. This is the first step in finding the players that will make up the U.S. team in the IIHF World U18 Championships next January at a site I don't believe has been named yet. This camp has been held in Maine previously.

2002 Birth Year
D Rory Guilday (Minnetonka) Boston University recruit
D Lily Henrickson (Edina)
D Maggie Nicholson (MInnetonka) :M:
F Hannah Chorske (Edina) Harvard recruit
F Kathryn Davis (Edina) Harvard recruit
F Sydney Langseth (Eden Prairie) Mankato recruit
F Lacey Martin (Minnetonka) Boston University recruit
F Jamie Nelson (Andover) Mankato recruit
F Madelyn Skelton (Cambridge) Vermont recruit
F Nina Steigauf (Hill-Murray) Quinnipiac recruit
F Audrey Wethington (Blake) :M:

2003 Birth Year
D Brenna Fuhrman (Farmington) UMD recruit
D Vivian Jungels (Edina) :M:
F Peyton Hemp (Andover) :M:
F Gabby Krause (Andover) UMD recruit
F Sadie Lindsay (Breck) :M:
G Alex Pellici (Holy Family) Harvard recruit
G Skylar Vetter (Lakeville North boys J.V.) :M:
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
outofstateoutofmind
Veteran
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Oct 11 6:41 am
Location: Connecticut
Been liked: 1 time
Age: 23
Contact:

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by outofstateoutofmind » Fri May 24 1:40 pm

Winning is more important than being all-Minnesotan. —Grant Potulny

#FreeSadek 2015–16, #FreeNotermann 2016–17, #FreeRossini 2017–18, #FreeStucker 2018–19

Not a sieve, but rather, a funnel.

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Fri May 24 4:51 pm

Really like the King girl. She's been very good every time I've seen her. Signing a letter of intent suggests scholarship, but it seems likely that she is replacing Emma May on the roster. I'm thinking Makayla Pahl red shirts next year.



2019
G Olivia King (Brainerd)
G Makayla Pahl (Rochester Mayo)
F Sydney Shearen (White Bear Lake)
D Madeline Wethington (Blake)

2020
F Addie Burton (Blake)
F Anne Cherkowski (Pursuit of Excellence) from Coldstream, British Columbia
D Josey Dunne (Chicago Mission U19) from O'Fallon, Missouri
F Tella Jungels (Edina)
F Abbey Murphy (Chicago Mission U19) from Evergreen Park, Illinois
D Maggie Nicholson (Minnetonka)
F Audrey Wethington (Blake)

2021
F Peyton Hemp (Andover)
F Ella Huber (Chicago Mission U19) from Northfield, Illinois
F Sadie Lindsay (Breck)
G Skylar Vetter (Lakeville North J.V. boys)
D Emily Zumwinkle (Breck)

2022
F Claire Enright (Farmington)
D/F Allie Franco (Hill-Murray)
D/F Vivian Jungels (Edina)
D/F Maddie Kaiser (Andover)
D/F Rilee Winters (Cambridge) from Brook Park, goes to Pine City H.S,

2023
D Elly Klepinger (Breck)
F Ava Lindsay (Breck)
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Mon May 27 6:47 am

Iceburg wrote:
Tue May 14 7:59 pm
Minnesota Hockey announces the players that will move on to national HP camps.The players I list here are skating in the Girls Under-18 Select Camp that will be held in St. Cloud July 15-21. This is the first step in finding the players that will make up the U.S. team in the IIHF World U18 Championships next January at a site I don't believe has been named yet. This camp has been held in Maine previously.

2002 Birth Year
D Rory Guilday (Minnetonka) Boston University recruit
D Lily Henrickson (Edina)
D Maggie Nicholson (MInnetonka) :M:
F Hannah Chorske (Edina) Harvard recruit
F Kathryn Davis (Edina) Harvard recruit
F Sydney Langseth (Eden Prairie) Mankato recruit
F Lacey Martin (Minnetonka) Boston University recruit
F Jamie Nelson (Andover) Mankato recruit
F Madelyn Skelton (Cambridge) Vermont recruit
F Nina Steigauf (Hill-Murray) Quinnipiac recruit
F Audrey Wethington (Blake) :M:

2003 Birth Year
D Brenna Fuhrman (Farmington) UMD recruit
D Vivian Jungels (Edina) :M:
F Peyton Hemp (Andover) :M:
F Gabby Krause (Andover) UMD recruit
F Sadie Lindsay (Breck) :M:
G Alex Pellici (Holy Family) Harvard recruit
G Skylar Vetter (Lakeville North boys J.V.) :M:
HERE is the partial list of players that have been invited. Twenty spots are open pending some of the district camps that have not been held yet. Locally the Minnesota 15s (2004 birth years) have not had their final camp yet, so look for a few of them to be selected.
Last edited by Iceburg on Sat Jun 22 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Tue Jun 18 4:46 pm

The Minnesota Hockey HP 15 camp was last week. Five state girls (including two Gopher recruits) will move on to the Select 18 camp and several others will go to the National 15s camp.

https://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sh ... ional-camp

Locals going to the Select 18s so far.

2002 Birth Year
D Rory Guilday (Minnetonka) Boston University recruit
D Lily Henrickson (Edina)
D Maggie Nicholson (MInnetonka) :M:
F Hannah Chorske (Edina) Harvard recruit
F Kathryn Davis (Edina) Harvard recruit
F Sydney Langseth (Eden Prairie) Mankato recruit
F Lacey Martin (Minnetonka) Boston University recruit
F Jamie Nelson (Andover) Mankato recruit
F Madelyn Skelton (Cambridge) Vermont recruit
F Nina Steigauf (Hill-Murray) Quinnipiac recruit
F Audrey Wethington (Blake) :M:

2003 Birth Year
D Brenna Fuhrman (Farmington) UMD recruit
D Vivian Jungels (Edina) :M:
F Peyton Hemp (Andover) :M:
F Gabby Krause (Andover) UMD recruit
F Sadie Lindsay (Breck) :M:
G Alex Pellici (Holy Family) Harvard recruit
G Skylar Vetter (Lakeville North boys J.V.) :M:

2004 Birth Year
D Rilee Winters (Cambridge) from Brook Park, goes to Pine City H.S., :M:
F Samantha Broz (Blake) sister of Gopher men's recruit Tristan Broz
F Danielle Burgen (Chisago Lakes) Mankato recruit
F Claire Enright (Farmington) :M:
F Katelyn Roberts (Chaska\Chanhassen) Penn State recruit
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Sun Jul 07 11:15 am

A little different process this year as several spots for the Select 18 camp are kept open for for girls from the national 16/17 camp. 18 more girls were selected to advance (STORY).

I believe this is the final list for the Select 18 camp.

* Returners from last year's silver medal winning U.S. team

2002 Birth Year
D Brooke Becker (Buffalo Bisons) Providence recruit, from Orchard Park, New York
D Mia Biotti (Buckingham Browne & Nichols School) Harvard recruit, from Cambridge, Massachusetts
D Riley Brengman (Little Caesars 16U) Ohio State recruit, from China Township, Michigan
D Sidney Fess (North American Hockey Academy) Boston College recruit, from Clifton Park, New York
D Rachel Golnitz (Forest Lake) Colgate recruit
D Rory Guilday (Minnetonka) Boston University recruit
*D Caroline Harvey (Selects Academy) Wisconsin recruit, from Pelham, New Hampshire
D Lily Henrickson (Edina)
D Lyndie Lobdell (Chicago Mission 19U) Penn State recruit, from Aurora, Illinois
D Jenna McDonald (Noble and Greenough School) Harvard recruit, from Walpole, Massachusetts
*D Maggie Nicholson (Minnetonka) :M:
D Ava Rinker (Philadelphia Jr. Flyers 16U) UConn recruit, from Elverson, Pennsylvania
*D Maddie Samoskevich (Shattuck) Quinnipiac recruit, from Sandy Hook, Connecticut
D Julia Shaunessy (Tabor Academy) Boston University recruit, from Duxbury, Massachusetts
F Anna Bargman (East Coast Wizards 16U) Yale recruit, from Boxford, Massachusetts
F Ellie Bayard (Noble and Greenough School) Harvard recruit, from Medfield, Massachusetts
F Evelyne Blais-Savoie (San Jose Jr. Sharks 19u) Vermont recruit, from San Jose, California
F Hannah Chorske (Edina) Harvard recruit, daughter of former Gopher Tom Chorske
F Ashley Clark (Tabor Academy) Providence recruit, from Weymouth, Massachusetts
F Mia Coene (Selects Academy 19U) Princeton recruit, from Clayton, New York
F Emma Conner (Selects Academy 19U) Penn State recruit, from Gilbert, Arizona
F Hannah Corneliusen (Warroad)
F Kathryn Davis (Edina) Harvard recruit, from Meridian, Idaho
*F Lacey Eden (Shattuck) From Annapolis, Maryland, also a top distance running prospect
F Emma Gentry (Meijer 19U) St. Cloud State recruit, from Alpena, Michigan
F Ella Huber (Chicago Mission 19u) :M: , from Northfield, Illinois
F Skylar Irving (Tabor Academy) Northeastern recruit, from Kingston, Massachusetts
F Sydney Langseth (Eden Prairie) Mankato recruit
F Lacey Martin (Minnetonka) Boston University recruit
*F Abbey Murphy (Chicago Mission 19u) :M:
F Jamie Nelson (Andover) Mankato recruit
F MaryKate O'Brien (Selects Academy) UMD recruit, from Wilbraham, Massachusetts
F Katherine Pyne (Noble and Greenough School) Boston College recruit, from Cohasset, Massachusetts
F Ellie Reiter (Selects Academy 19U) Yale recruit, from Colorado Springs, Colorado
F Madelyn Skelton (Cambridge) Vermont recruit
F Nina Steigauf (Hill-Murray) Quinnipiac recruit
F Taze Thompson (New Hampton School) Harvard recruit, from Sherwood Park, Alberta, daughter of former NHL enforcer Rocky Thompson
*F Clara Van Wieren (Honeybaked 19U) UMD recruit, from Okemos, Michigan
F Christina Vote (Williston Northampton School) Wisconsin recruit, from Arlington, Massachusetts
*F Makenna Webster (Shattuck) Wisconsin recruit, from St. Louis, Missouri
*F Audrey Wethington (Blake) :M:
F Carson Zanella (Shattuck 16U) Boston College recruit, from Waukesha, Wisconsin
*F Kiara Zanon (Selects Academu 19U) Penn State recruit, from Fairport, New York
G Holly Gruber (Green Bay Jr. Gamblers boys midget) From Stevens Point, Wisconsin
G McKinley Hoff (Culver Military Academy) From Anchorage, Alaska
G Amanda Thiele (Little Caesars 16U) Ohio State recruit, from Milford, Michigan

2003 Birth Year
D Kendall Butze (Selects Academy 16U) Penn State recruit, from Shaker Heights, Ohio
D Brenna Fuhrman (Farmington) UMD recruit
D Karley Garcia (North American Hockey Acedemy) Penn State recruit, from Roseville, California
D Vivian Jungels (Edina) :M:
*D Haley Winn (Selects Academy 16U) Clarkson recruit, from Rochester, New York
F Veronica Bac (Chicago Mission 16U) Quinnipiac recruit, from Huntley, Illinois
F Peyton Hemp (Andover) :M:
F Gabby Krause (Andover) UMD recruit
F Sadie Lindsay (Breck) :M:
F McKenzie Rich (Benilde) UMD recruit, from Rochester
F Kylie Roberts (Edina) Boston University recruit
G Grace Campbell (Shattuck 16U) Boston College recruit, from Kensington, Maryland
G Alex Pellici (Holy Family) Harvard recruit
G Callie Shanahan (Honeybaked 16U) From Commerce Township, Michigan
G Paige Taborski (Madison Capitols 16U) From Rockton, Illinois
*G Skylar Vetter (Lakeville North boys J.V.) :M:

2004 Birth Year
D Casey Borgiel (Little Caesars 14U) From Fort Gratiot, Michigan
D Grace Dwyer (Philadelphia Jr. Flyers 16U) From Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
D Laney Potter (Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 14U) Wisconsin recruit
D Ava Svejovsky (Delta Academy) Colgate recruit, from Point Roberts, Washington
D Rilee Winters (Cambridge) From Brook Park, goes to Pine City H.S., :M:
F Samantha Broz (Blake) Sister of Gopher men's recruit Tristan Broz
F Danielle Burgen (Chisago Lakes) Mankato recruit
F Claire Enright (Farmington) :M:
F Kelly Gorbatenko (Chicago Mission 14U)
F Katherine Khramtsov (Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 14U) Princeton recruit, from Kensington, Maryland
F Katelyn Roberts (Chaska\Chanhassen) Penn State recruit
F Kristen Simms (Selects Academy 16U) Wisconsin recruit, from Northville, Michigan
Image

Retired Thread Police

Lancaster
Rookie
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Oct 21 8:50 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Lancaster » Fri Jul 12 10:03 am

Iceburg wrote:
Fri May 24 4:51 pm
Really like the King girl. She's been very good every time I've seen her. Signing a letter of intent suggests scholarship, but it seems likely that she is replacing Emma May on the roster. I'm thinking Makayla Pahl red shirts next year.


This seems interesting. Picking up Olivia King out of the blue after the season was finished, with so many goaltenders already on the roster + Vetter in the pipeline.

She could be the new Emma May/Shyler Sletta. But I wonder if coaches may be hoping to strike gold with her :good2:

We haven't struck much gold lately, the last few years. A lot of good players but I'm looking for and hoping for some of the good to turn GREAT!



BTW....congrats to Shyler Sletta on becoming a St Paul firefighter...that's cool :D

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Tue Jul 16 7:58 pm

2020 Gopher recruit Anne Cherkowski is invited to Canada's "National Women’s U18 Team Selection Camp" (ROSTER) which will pick the Canadian team for the three game series with the U.S. in mid-August in Lake Placid and ultimately the IIHF World U18 tournament which will be held in Bratislava, Slovakia December 26th through January 2nd. Anne was on the Canadian team for both events last year.

A couple of dual citizenship oddities. Ashley Messier is skating in the Canada camp this year after playing for the U.S. last year in the U.S. - Canada series, and Taze Thompson is skating in the U.S, try out camp going on right now and will apparently skate in the Canada camp also.

Games started in the U.S. camp today up in St. Cloud. Camp proceedings can be followed HERE.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
outofstateoutofmind
Veteran
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Oct 11 6:41 am
Location: Connecticut
Been liked: 1 time
Age: 23
Contact:

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by outofstateoutofmind » Wed Jul 17 7:03 am

Iceburg wrote:
Tue Jul 16 7:58 pm
2020 Gopher recruit Anne Cherkowski is invited to Canada's "National Women’s U18 Team Selection Camp" (ROSTER) which will pick the Canadian team for the three game series with the U.S. in mid-August in Lake Placid and ultimately the IIHF World U18 tournament which will be held in Bratislava, Slovakia December 26th through January 2nd. Anne was on the Canadian team for both events last year.

A couple of dual citizenship oddities. Ashley Messier is skating in the Canada camp this year after playing for the U.S. last year in the U.S. - Canada series, and Taze Thompson is skating in the U.S, try out camp going on right now and will apparently skate in the Canada camp also.

Games started in the U.S. camp today up in St. Cloud. Camp proceedings can be followed HERE.
Looks like Thompson's name is off the US list.
Winning is more important than being all-Minnesotan. —Grant Potulny

#FreeSadek 2015–16, #FreeNotermann 2016–17, #FreeRossini 2017–18, #FreeStucker 2018–19

Not a sieve, but rather, a funnel.

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Mon Jul 22 11:46 am



https://teamusa.usahockey.com/2019womensfestivalroster

This will be the second step in naming the U.S. team for the three game Canada series that will be August 15-18 also in Lake Placid. Roster will be shaved down to 22 players for the Canada games.
Last edited by Iceburg on Wed Jul 31 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Sun Jul 28 9:21 am

Abbey Murphy in the second hilight

Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by D2D » Sun Jul 28 8:40 pm

Hope the schooled D is not on our recruit list! :roll:

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Tue Jul 30 9:23 am

D2D wrote:
Sun Jul 28 8:40 pm
Hope the schooled D is not on our recruit list! :roll:
Looks more like a bc recruit... :wink:

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Sun Aug 11 9:36 am

Six future Gophers named to the U.S. U-18 team that will play Canada later this week in Lake Placid.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show ... 019-roster

* Returners from last year's silver medal winning U.S. team

2002 Birth Year
D Mia Biotti (Buckingham Browne & Nichols School) Harvard recruit, from Cambridge, Massachusetts
D Rory Guilday (Minnetonka) Boston University recruit
*D Caroline Harvey (Selects Academy) Wisconsin recruit, from Pelham, New Hampshire
D Lyndie Lobdell (Chicago Mission 19U) Penn State recruit, from Aurora, Illinois
*D Maggie Nicholson (Minnetonka) :M:
*D Maddie Samoskevich (Shattuck) Quinnipiac recruit, from Sandy Hook, Connecticut
F Ellie Bayard (Noble and Greenough School) Harvard recruit, from Medfield, Massachusetts
F Kathryn Davis (Edina) Harvard recruit, from Meridian, Idaho
*F Lacey Eden (Shattuck) From Annapolis, Maryland, also a top distance running prospect
F Ella Huber (Chicago Mission 19u) :M: , from Northfield, Illinois
*F Abbey Murphy (Chicago Mission 19u) :M:
*F Clara Van Wieren (Honeybaked 19U) UMD recruit, from Okemos, Michigan
*F Makenna Webster (Shattuck) Wisconsin recruit, from St. Louis, Missouri
*F Audrey Wethington (Blake) :M:
*F Kiara Zanon (Selects Academu 19U) Penn State recruit, from Fairport, New York
G Amanda Thiele (Little Caesars 16U) Ohio State recruit, from Milford, Michigan

2003 Birth Year
D Brenna Fuhrman (Farmington) UMD recruit
*D Haley Winn (Selects Academy 16U) Clarkson recruit, from Rochester, New York
F Peyton Hemp (Andover) :M:
F Gabby Krause (Andover) UMD recruit
*G Skylar Vetter (Lakeville North boys J.V.) :M:

2004 Birth Year
F Danielle Burgen (Chisago Lakes) Mankato recruit
Last edited by Iceburg on Sun Aug 11 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Sun Aug 11 9:56 am

Iceburg wrote:
Sun Aug 11 9:36 am
Six future Gophers named to the U.S. U-18 team that will play Canada later this week in Lake Placid.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show ... 019-roster
It also looks like 6 current Gophers made the U22 roster as well...

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show ... 019-roster

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by D2D » Sun Aug 11 11:35 am

Five-HoleFrenzy wrote:
Sun Aug 11 9:56 am
It also looks like 6 current Gophers made the U22 roster as well...

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show ... 019-roster
Sure wish there were 7 as indicated. They're mistakenly showing the U of M as Gabby Hughes' current team. :roll:

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Sun Aug 11 4:23 pm

2020 Gopher recruit Anne Cherkowski named to Canada's U-18 team for the three game series against the U.S.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team- ... teamid=565
CSSHL Media wrote:Six CSSHL products to suit up for Canada in Lake Placid

Hockey Canada has named 46 players to Canada’s National Women’s Development Team and Canada’s National Women’s Under-18 Team for a pair of three-game series against the United States August 14-17 in Lake Placid, NY.

A total of six current and former CSSHL student athletes will take part in the three-game series.

Amy Potomak, Malia Schneider and Sophie Shirley were named to Canada’s National Women’s Development Team.

Potomak, 20, attended the Pursuit of Excellence during the 2015-16 season, recording 10 points (7-3-10) in eight regular season games. She is entering her third season at the University of Minnesota.

Schneider, 20, attended the Pursuit of Excellence during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons, accumulating 32 points (19-13-32) in 25 regular season games and eight points (7-1-8) in six post-season contests. Schneider led the CSSHL’s Female Prep Division in scoring during the 2016-17 season. Schneider is entering her third season at the Colgate University.

Shirley, 20, attended the Okanagan Hockey Academy during the 2016-17 season, netting 27 points (16-11-27) in 15 regular season games, as well as nine points (7-2-9) in six post-season games, helping her team capture the 2017 CSSHL Female Prep Division Championship. She was named the 2016-17 CSSHL Female Prep Division MVP. Shirley is entering her second season at the University of Wisconsin.

Anne Cherkowski, Sarah Paul, Sarah Wozniewicz were named to Canada’s National Women’s Under-18 Team.

Cherkowski, 17, has attended the Pursuit of Excellence the past three seasons, totalling 128 points (63-65-128) in 67 career regular season games, while also helping her team capture the 2017 and 2018 CSSHL Female Prep Championships. She was named the 2017-18 CSSHL Female Prep Division’s Top Freshman.

Paul, 16, has attended the Okanagan Hockey Academy the past three seasons, registering 56 points (34-22-56) in 45 regular season Female Prep games and 22 points (15-7-22) in 37 Female Varsity games. (Princeton recruit)

Wozniewicz, 15, has attended Edge School the past two seasons, putting up 48 points (33-15-48) in 42 regular season games. She was named the 2018-19 CSSHL Female Prep Division’s Top Freshman. (uncommitted to my knowledge)
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Wed Aug 14 8:42 am



Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Wed Aug 14 5:20 pm

Canada tops the U.S. 5-4 in the first game of the three game U-18 series.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/game/show ... son=632380
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Thu Aug 15 5:16 pm

U.S. wins the second game of the U-18 series 3-2 in overtime.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/game/show ... son=632380

Gopher 2020 recruit Abbey Murphy ties the game in the last minute of regulation.....


.................and scores the overtime winner.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Sat Aug 17 5:22 pm

U.S. loses the rubber match of the three game U-18 series with Canada.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/game/show ... son=632380
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by D2D » Mon Sep 02 1:32 pm

Gopher 2021 recruit Peyton Hemp scored 7 goals for the MN Jr. Whitecaps White at NAHA Labor Day Tournament. No other teammate had more than 2.
Look for Miss Hemp to have a banner junior year for Andover this coming season.

https://www.winter-hawks.org/stats/team ... ol=3800352

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Mon Sep 02 9:37 pm

D2D wrote:
Mon Sep 02 1:32 pm
Gopher 2021 recruit Peyton Hemp scored 7 goals for the MN Jr. Whitecaps White at NAHA Labor Day Tournament. No other teammate had more than 2.
Look for Miss Hemp to have a banner junior year for Andover this coming season.

https://www.winter-hawks.org/stats/team ... ol=3800352
Nice job by locals all-around at NAHA as local teams won all three age groups. (LINK)

Rumor floating around that 2022 recruit Rilee Winters will be at Blake this season. She had been playing for the Cambridge/Mora/Pine City co-op, but Pine City (where she had been going to school) is starting a solo program this winter.
Last edited by Iceburg on Sat Sep 07 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
bar_down_guy
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 02 4:08 pm

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by bar_down_guy » Thu Sep 05 7:50 pm

D2D wrote:
Mon Sep 02 1:32 pm
Gopher 2021 recruit Peyton Hemp scored 7 goals for the MN Jr. Whitecaps White at NAHA Labor Day Tournament. No other teammate had more than 2.
Look for Miss Hemp to have a banner junior year for Andover this coming season.

https://www.winter-hawks.org/stats/team ... ol=3800352
Gopher 2022 recruit Claire Enright ties for first in goals (5) and was on fire this past weekend for the u16 JR Whitecaps black.

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Thu Sep 05 8:13 pm

bar_down_guy wrote:
Thu Sep 05 7:50 pm
Gopher 2022 recruit Claire Enright ties for first in goals (5) and was on fire this past weekend for the u16 JR Whitecaps black.
Speaking of this, the Girls Elite League kicked off the other night. Gopher recruits playing are:

MSP BLACK U16: Allie Franco, Claire Enright and Madison Kaiser
MSP GREY U16: Emily Zumwinkle
MSP RED U16: Rilee Winters
TEAM GEMINI: Elly Klepinger
TRADITION BLACK U19: Maggie Nicholson, Vivian Jungels, Audrey Wethington and Tella Jungels
TRADITION WHITE U19: Peyton Hemp, Sadie Lindsay and Skylar Vetter

2023 recruit Ava Lindsay is playing for the Lakers team in the Tier 1 14U league that is run by "Minnesota Hockey".
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
bar_down_guy
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 02 4:08 pm

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by bar_down_guy » Fri Sep 06 8:31 am

Iceburg wrote:
Mon Sep 02 9:37 pm
D2D wrote:
Mon Sep 02 1:32 pm
Gopher 2021 recruit Peyton Hemp scored 7 goals for the MN Jr. Whitecaps White at NAHA Labor Day Tournament. No other teammate had more than 2.
Look for Miss Hemp to have a banner junior year for Andover this coming season.

https://www.winter-hawks.org/stats/team ... ol=3800352
Nice job by locals all-around at NAHA as local teams won all three age groups. (LINK)

Rumor floating around that 2022 recruit Rilee Winters will be at Blake this season. She had been playing for the Cambridg/'Mora/Pine City co-op, but Pine City (where she had been going to school) is starting a solo program this winter.
Rumor is that she will be playing Junior Varsity for Blake

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Fri Sep 06 12:22 pm

bar_down_guy wrote:
Fri Sep 06 8:31 am
Iceburg wrote:
Mon Sep 02 9:37 pm
D2D wrote:
Mon Sep 02 1:32 pm
Gopher 2021 recruit Peyton Hemp scored 7 goals for the MN Jr. Whitecaps White at NAHA Labor Day Tournament. No other teammate had more than 2.
Look for Miss Hemp to have a banner junior year for Andover this coming season.

https://www.winter-hawks.org/stats/team ... ol=3800352
Nice job by locals all-around at NAHA as local teams won all three age groups. (LINK)

Rumor floating around that 2022 recruit Rilee Winters will be at Blake this season. She had been playing for the Cambridg/'Mora/Pine City co-op, but Pine City (where she had been going to school) is starting a solo program this winter.
Rumor is that she will be playing Junior Varsity for Blake
As a 10th grader? The move to Blake doesn't make sense if that is true.

User avatar
Jaykay3
Veteran
Posts: 1224
Joined: Thu Mar 08 11:55 am
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 1 time
Age: 29

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Jaykay3 » Fri Sep 06 2:18 pm

Five-HoleFrenzy wrote:
Fri Sep 06 12:22 pm
bar_down_guy wrote:
Fri Sep 06 8:31 am
Iceburg wrote:
Mon Sep 02 9:37 pm
D2D wrote:
Mon Sep 02 1:32 pm
Gopher 2021 recruit Peyton Hemp scored 7 goals for the MN Jr. Whitecaps White at NAHA Labor Day Tournament. No other teammate had more than 2.
Look for Miss Hemp to have a banner junior year for Andover this coming season.

https://www.winter-hawks.org/stats/team ... ol=3800352
Nice job by locals all-around at NAHA as local teams won all three age groups. (LINK)

Rumor floating around that 2022 recruit Rilee Winters will be at Blake this season. She had been playing for the Cambridg/'Mora/Pine City co-op, but Pine City (where she had been going to school) is starting a solo program this winter.
Rumor is that she will be playing Junior Varsity for Blake
As a 10th grader? The move to Blake doesn't make sense if that is true.
Blake is good obviously but they had 9 players on varsity last year who were sophs or younger. She scored 37 points as a freshman D and is committed to the U. No way she plays JV as a soph.

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by D2D » Fri Sep 06 3:13 pm

Jaykay3 wrote:
Fri Sep 06 2:18 pm
Blake is good obviously but they had 9 players on varsity last year who were sophs or younger. She scored 37 points as a freshman D and is committed to the U. No way she plays JV as a soph.
I'm thinking bar_down_guy was just kidding. :wink:

User avatar
bar_down_guy
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 02 4:08 pm

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by bar_down_guy » Fri Sep 06 3:55 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri Sep 06 3:13 pm
Jaykay3 wrote:
Fri Sep 06 2:18 pm
Blake is good obviously but they had 9 players on varsity last year who were sophs or younger. She scored 37 points as a freshman D and is committed to the U. No way she plays JV as a soph.
I'm thinking bar_down_guy was just kidding. :wink:
Actually I was not kidding. The family is not moving, so she is not eligible to play varsity

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Fri Sep 06 6:22 pm

bar_down_guy wrote:
Fri Sep 06 3:55 pm
Actually I was not kidding. The family is not moving, so she is not eligible to play varsity
That's a heck of a commute. I've seen her listed as being from Brook Park, which is about ten miles southwest of Hinckley.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by D2D » Fri Sep 06 7:24 pm

Not 100% sure, but my understanding is that when transferring to a private school the family does not need to move into a set school district boundary, since privates do not have a district boundary. I believe all it takes is for the parent(s) to move...somewhere else. The other possibility is for the player to move in with another family, which in this case would make sense.

Again, not 100% sure; someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

User avatar
bar_down_guy
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 02 4:08 pm

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by bar_down_guy » Fri Sep 06 10:18 pm

Iceburg wrote:
Fri Sep 06 6:22 pm
bar_down_guy wrote:
Fri Sep 06 3:55 pm
Actually I was not kidding. The family is not moving, so she is not eligible to play varsity
That's a heck of a commute. I've seen her listed as being from Brook Park, which is about ten miles southwest of Hinckley.
Apparently the father works close to Blake
Last edited by bar_down_guy on Sat Sep 07 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15814
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 191 times
Contact:

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Sep 07 2:52 am

D2D wrote:
Fri Sep 06 7:24 pm
Not 100% sure, but my understanding is that when transferring to a private school the family does not need to move into a set school district boundary, since privates do not have a district boundary. I believe all it takes is for the parent(s) to move...somewhere else. The other possibility is for the player to move in with another family, which in this case would make sense.

Again, not 100% sure; someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe the rule is if their last season played was within the district of their home address they must move out of that district even to play at a private the following season. This is a technicality however and I've read elsewhere that it's not always strictly enforced unfortunately. However it is pretty well rumored that Mack Motzko (likely due to being pretty high profile due to his dad) is going to at least feign a new address to go back to play for SCC for his senior season.

The amount of movements lately in HS hockey have been a bit out of control imho but it's a new world order. EP - a district with one of the highest enrollments in the state and very high youth participation numbers - will have 4 or 5 transfers this year 2 of which I believe are out of state. They are by far not the only one.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Fri Sep 20 7:57 pm

Things a little quiet on the recruiting front with the new rules. A couple of tidbits with some players that might be of interest down the road.

Frosty was out at the Minnesota Blades Fall Showcase boys tournament watching the St. Louis Jr. Blues 14U team against Shattuck this morning. The St. Louis squad has two female players, Anna Lugge and Joy Dunne of the seemingly unending Dunne family of hockey players. Older sister Josey Dunne will be a Gopher freshman next fall.

Youth Hockey Hub had their Peewee Challenge last weekend. The MVP of the girl's side of things is a familiar name, Mercury Bischoff from Grand Rapids.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Fri Sep 20 10:34 pm

Iceburg wrote:
Fri Sep 20 7:57 pm
Things a little quiet on the recruiting front with the new rules. A couple of tidbits with some players that might be of interest down the road.

Frosty was out at the Minnesota Blades Fall Showcase boys tournament watching the St. Louis Jr. Blues 14U team against Shattuck this morning. The St. Louis squad has two female players, Anna Lugge and Joy Dunne of the seemingly unending Dunne family of hockey players. Older sister Josey Dunne will be a Gopher freshman next fall.

Youth Hockey Hub had their Peewee Challenge last weekend. The MVP of the girl's side of things is a familiar name, Mercury Bischoff from Grand Rapids.
I imagine she has an element of speed to her game... :wink:

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Wed Oct 16 7:37 pm

The Girls Elite League winds up this weekend with the NIT tournament. Beside all the Elite League teams there are teams from around the country and Canada. All Gopher recruits will be on display except for the three girls that play for Chicago Mission. 2020 recruit Anne Cherkowski and her Pursuit of Excellence team out of Kelowna, British Columbia made the trip down for the second year in a row.

Can't post a schedule link as the site is unsecure. Google "Upper Midwest Elite League" to find sites and game times. Admission has been free in the past. The bulk of the games are at Fogerty Arena in Blaine.

Local Gopher recruits teams:
MSP BLACK U16: Allie Franco, Claire Enright and Madison Kaiser
MSP GREY U16: Emily Zumwinkle
MSP RED U16: Rilee Winters
TEAM GEMINI: Elly Klepinger (and probably Ava Lindsay)
TRADITION BLACK U19: Maggie Nicholson, Vivian Jungels, Audrey Wethington and Tella Jungels
TRADITION WHITE U19: Peyton Hemp, Sadie Lindsay and Skylar Vetter (injured?)
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Mon Oct 28 7:19 pm

Recruiting slow with the new rules. A couple of things of interest. Girls hockey started practice today. First day of games is November 7th.

Chicago Mission, with their three future Gophers (Abbey Murphy, Josey Dunne and Ella Huber), has their only scheduled visit to Minnesota this coming weekend with three games in Faribault against Shattuck. Game times are 1:00 and 7:30 on Saturday and 10:00 a.m. on Sunday. Odds are strong that Mission will be back in April for the USA Hockey national tournament at the Super Rink in Blaine, but it's not a given.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by D2D » Tue Oct 29 6:48 pm

Future Gophers?


User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Fri Nov 01 4:07 pm

"2020 U.S. Under-18 Women’s National Team Unveiled"

ROSTER

* Returners from last year's silver medal winning U.S. team

2002 Birth Year
D Mia Biotti (Buckingham Browne & Nichols School) Harvard recruit, from Cambridge, Massachusetts
D Rachel Golnitz (Forest Lake) Colgate recruit
D Rory Guilday (Minnetonka) Boston University recruit
*D Caroline Harvey (Selects Academy) Wisconsin recruit, from Pelham, New Hampshire
D Lyndie Lobdell (Chicago Mission 19U) Penn State recruit, from Aurora, Illinois
*D Maggie Nicholson (Minnetonka) :M:
F Kathryn Davis (Edina) Harvard recruit, from Meridian, Idaho
*F Lacey Eden (Shattuck) From Annapolis, Maryland, also a top distance running prospect
F Emma Gentry (Honeybaked 19U) St. Cloud State recruit, from Alpena, Michigan
F Ella Huber (Chicago Mission 19u) :M: , from Northfield, Illinois
*F Abbey Murphy (Chicago Mission 19u) :M:
*F Clara Van Wieren (Shattuck) UMD recruit, from Okemos, Michigan
*F Makenna Webster (Shattuck) Wisconsin recruit, from St. Louis, Missouri
*F Audrey Wethington (Blake) :M:
*F Kiara Zanon (Kingston - PWHL) Penn State recruit, from Fairport, New York
G Amanda Thiele (Belle Tire 19U) Ohio State recruit, from Milford, Michigan

2003 Birth Year
D Brenna Fuhrman (Farmington) UMD recruit
*D Haley Winn (Selects Academy 19U) Clarkson recruit, from Rochester, New York
F Peyton Hemp (Andover) :M:
G Callie Shanahan (Honeybaked 19U) From Commerce Township, Michigan
*G Skylar Vetter (Lakeville North boys J.V.) :M:

2004 Birth Year
F Danielle Burgen (Chisago Lakes) Mankato recruit
F Kristen Simms (Selects Academy 19U) Wisconsin recruit, from Northville, Michigan
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Fri Nov 08 10:15 pm

With girl's high school hockey starting yesterday it's time to post the recruit list with updated links. A couple left to get and I'll update here when they become available. Rilee Winters did wind up at Blake, and there is no sign that she will have to play J.V. Blake opens their season tomorrow against Cretin so I guess we'll find out for certain then.

2020
F Addie Burton (Blake)
F Anne Cherkowski (Pursuit of Excellence) from Coldstream, British Columbia
D Josey Dunne (Chicago Mission U19) from O'Fallon, Missouri
F Tella Jungels (Edina)
F Abbey Murphy (Chicago Mission U19) from Evergreen Park, Illinois
D Maggie Nicholson (Minnetonka)
F Audrey Wethington (Blake)

2021
F Peyton Hemp (Andover)
F Ella Huber (Chicago Mission U19) from Northfield, Illinois
F Sadie Lindsay (Breck)
G Skylar Vetter (Lakeville North boys)
D Emily Zumwinkle (Breck)

2022
F Claire Enright (Farmington)
D/F Allie Franco (Hill-Murray)
D/F Vivian Jungels (Edina)
D/F Maddie Kaiser (Andover)
D/F Rilee Winters (Blake) from Brook Park

2023
D Elly Klepinger (Breck)
F Ava Lindsay (Breck)
Last edited by Iceburg on Wed Nov 20 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Thu Nov 14 7:17 pm

No official announcement yet, but things are happening.





Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Fri Nov 15 2:49 pm

Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by D2D » Fri Nov 15 4:59 pm

Iceburg wrote:
Fri Nov 15 2:49 pm
"Gophers Sign Seven for 2020-21"
Very high praise from Brad Frost in welcoming Abbey Murphy.

Lancaster
Rookie
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Oct 21 8:50 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Lancaster » Sun Nov 17 2:13 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri Nov 15 4:59 pm
Iceburg wrote:
Fri Nov 15 2:49 pm
"Gophers Sign Seven for 2020-21"
Very high praise from Brad Frost in welcoming Abbey Murphy.
Abbey coming in next year, with Peyton Hemp the following year. Potential "Star" factor high very high for both players, I believe!!

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by D2D » Mon Nov 18 11:44 pm

Lancaster wrote:
Sun Nov 17 2:13 pm
Abbey coming in next year, with Peyton Hemp the following year. Potential "Star" factor high very high for both players, I believe!!
No question. Plus we'll still have Nos. 5, 9 and 16 - just to name a few - when first Murphy (2020-21) and then Hemp (2021-22) are added to the roster. The big question that I have is, who will assume the No. 1 goalie position next year and then the following year? Scobee has played very well this year, and hopefully her consistent solid play will continue, but who's going to step up next season and in 2021-22?

Lastly, any reports on the health of No. 7 in terms of her availability for this coming weekend in Duluth? Sure hope she's OK.

User avatar
Arlan Marttila
Rookie
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Oct 11 7:13 pm

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Arlan Marttila » Thu Nov 21 1:13 pm

I would think that the goaltending future for next year will largely depend on the health of Gulstene. If she has to red shirt this year, then she would still have a season of eligibility in two years when Vetter arrives. The staff also seems to think of Pahl as being an option down the road.

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Mon Nov 25 7:29 pm

Canada names it's ROSTER for the 2020 International Ice Hockey Federation Under-18 Women’s World Championship December 26th to January 2nd in Bratislava, Slovakia. 2020 Gopher recruit Anne Cherkowski will reurn for her second year.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Wed Dec 11 9:29 pm

Following up on a couple of things I wrote recently.
Iceburg wrote:
Fri Nov 08 10:15 pm
Rilee Winters did wind up at Blake, and there is no sign that she will have to play J.V.
Well, I was wrong on this :oops: Rilee is not playing varsity (doesn't look like Blake has a J.V. team this year either). Apologies to "bar down guy" who had things right from the start
Iceburg wrote:
Fri Sep 20 7:57 pm
Youth Hockey Hub had their Peewee Challenge last weekend. The MVP of the girl's side of things is a familiar name, Mercury Bischoff from Grand Rapids.
Young Ms. Bischoff made the Grand Rapids\Greenway varsity as a 7th grader and is currently the second leading scorer on the team. Not common to have a 7th grader on varsity, but not totally unheard of either. Having someone that young putting up significant numbers is something else though. There seems to be an unusual number of players pulling that off this year. Beside Mercury Bischoff there is Makayla Moran who is the leading scorer on an Apple Valley team that has only lost once to this point, Sawyer Fleming from Rochester Lourdes who, I believe, is the sister of Maddox Fleming. Maddox is a sophomore at Shattuck and is being recruited by several schools. Also making some noise is Sandra Ribich of Moose Lake who is leading the team in scoring. Sandra played on an undefeated U12 team that won the State "B" division last year.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Thu Dec 12 10:50 am

Iceburg wrote:
Wed Dec 11 9:29 pm
Following up on a couple of things I wrote recently.
Iceburg wrote:
Fri Nov 08 10:15 pm
Rilee Winters did wind up at Blake, and there is no sign that she will have to play J.V.
Well, I was wrong on this :oops: Rilee is not playing varsity (doesn't look like Blake has a J.V. team this year either). Apologies to "bar down guy" who had things right from the start
Iceburg wrote:
Fri Sep 20 7:57 pm
Youth Hockey Hub had their Peewee Challenge last weekend. The MVP of the girl's side of things is a familiar name, Mercury Bischoff from Grand Rapids.
Young Ms. Bischoff made the Grand Rapids\Greenway varsity as a 7th grader and is currently the second leading scorer on the team. Not common to have a 7th grader on varsity, but not totally unheard of either. Having someone that young putting up significant numbers is something else though. There seems to be an unusual number of players pulling that off this year. Beside Mercury Bischoff there is Makayla Moran who is the leading scorer on an Apple Valley team that has only lost once to this point, Sawyer Fleming from Rochester Lourdes who, I believe, is the sister of Maddox Fleming. Maddox is a sophomore at Shattuck and is being recruited by several schools. Also making some noise is Sandra Ribich of Moose Lake who is leading the team in scoring. Sandra played on an undefeated U12 team that won the State "B" division last year.
I haven't been to a Blake game this year yet, but I intend to go see them. I see on MN Girls Hockey Hub, the stats for Blake shows Winters has played 4 games for them. Have you seen Blake play and if so, is it incorrect that she played those games for them?

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Thu Dec 12 12:35 pm

I saw the Brainerd and Hill-Murray games and she was not there. I saw that she was credited with the four games, but kind of figured that whoever entered the data hadn't done the scratches. She supposedly has served two penalties so maybe I'm wrong. If so, I'm definitely used to it. I'm hoping to make it to Blake-Breck on Saturday so we will see.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Women's team recruiting

Post by Iceburg » Sat Dec 14 11:34 pm

Rilee Winters is playing for Blake now. Played both center and defense tonight.
Image

Retired Thread Police

Post Reply