2021-2022 Schedule

Talk about the current Gopher Hockey team....
USHANABI
Veteran
Been liked: 4 times

Re: 2021-2022 Schedule

Post by USHANABI » Tue Sep 07 11:32 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Sep 02 11:24 am
I think people are so used to getting information instantly that they actually get mad if it doesn't happen. The games are still a month away. Nobody was harmed by the U not promoting the schedule for the last 3 days or impacted negatively in any way.
And, besides, I've been cycling through the DVR's of last season's final games with Michigan State, Michigan ( 2 ), and Wisconsin ( B1G Championship ) at least once a week for the past two months.

I will say, that with the goalie that Michigan State will bring into the game, those games are going to be an out of the ordinary test. If the team remembers what it is like to come back against Michigan, then we should be OK there. Both Wisconsin's Ahcan and Holloway will continue to give us fits again, this season. Not so much with the Caufield's as long as we continue to shadow Cole throughout the entire game . . . .

25 days and some odd hours before the first game.

Go Gophers!
Not knowing what to do, they do what they know . . . .
Gopher Men's Hockey games Countdown page (with 25-year profile and NCAA Rankings links)
Pyramid of Success .jpg - only change I'd make is on Lesson 5: "It takes 10 hands to score a goal"
More from "Coach" Wooden on "Success" in a 17 minute TED talk

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 149 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Sep 07 11:51 am

USHANABI wrote:
Tue Sep 07 11:32 am
Bertogliat wrote:
I think people are so used to getting information instantly that they actually get mad if it doesn't happen. The games are still a month away. Nobody was harmed by the U not promoting the schedule for the last 3 days or impacted negatively in any way.
And, besides, I've been cycling through the DVR's of last season's final games with Michigan State, Michigan ( 2 ), and Wisconsin ( B1G Championship ) at least once a week for the past two months.

I will say, that with the goalie that Michigan State will bring into the game, those games are going to be an out of the ordinary test. If the team remembers what it is like to come back against Michigan, then we should be OK there. Both Wisconsin's Ahcan and Holloway will continue to give us fits again, this season. Not so much with the Caufield's as long as we continue to shadow Cole throughout the entire game . . . .

Go Gophers!
Wisconsin also picked up Max Johnson, a 100+ point scorer at Bowling Green who is playing his bonus year for the BADgers. And in case you didn’t notice it…Cole Caufield plays for the Canadians and made it to the Stanley Cup finals a couple months ago 😉🤠

maroon_and_gold
Veteran
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by maroon_and_gold » Tue Sep 07 2:04 pm

USHANABI wrote:
Tue Sep 07 11:32 am
Bertogliat wrote:

Go Gophers!
That line of Holloway, McDavid and Draisaitl might be the best in the big ten

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by JWG » Tue Sep 07 10:10 pm

I swear, athletics doesn’t want to sell tickets. We have season tickets (2) on an aisle. The 5 seats next to us are unsold. I have friends coming in for TC marathon weekend (Alaska series) and tried to buy the 4 seats next to our season tickets. They wouldn’t sell them to me because it would leave a single seat unsold.

I get it, single seats are a hard sell. But this is a nonconference game against a school of little interest. This game will not be close to selling out. But, they were willing to give up 4 seats for the one. I called and they stuck with no dice.
JWG :M:

grothm01
Rookie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by grothm01 » Tue Sep 07 10:54 pm

They probably figure you will buy the fifth seat, just to get the four you want.

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Wed Sep 08 12:49 am

Like you said, single seats are hard to sell. I get it. But sometimes it seems this athletic department finds new and creative ways to shoot them selves in the foot. Just sell the tickets. Wouldn’t you rather have four more people in the stands and one empty seat than five empty seats?

USHANABI
Veteran

Post by USHANABI » Wed Sep 08 2:56 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Sep 07 11:51 am
Wisconsin also picked up Max Johnson, a 100+ point scorer at Bowling Green who is playing his bonus year for the BADgers. And in case you didn’t notice it…Cole Caufield plays for the Canadians and made it to the Stanley Cup finals a couple months ago 😉🤠
Man, oh man . . . I thought when I wrote that about Cole that he was no longer with the Wisconsin team ( but the synapses didn't connect to the fact of his having even scored a goal, I believe, in his first game in the big league [ the winning goal in OT to boot ] - even went out to the Wisconsin Men's Hockey Roster WWW site to verify { but neglected to notice that I was looking at the 2020-2021 roster rather than the 2021-2022 roster . . . } ] ). Could have been the Bicardi 151 for the rum and coke or the wee hour of the morning . . . :shock:

Not certain that we would have to shadow Brock . . . .

Go Gophers!
Gopher Men's Hockey games Countdown page (with 25-year profile and NCAA Rankings links)
Pyramid of Success .jpg - only change I'd make is on Lesson 5: "It takes 10 hands to score a goal"

00xtremeninja
Veteran
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by 00xtremeninja » Thu Sep 09 2:01 pm

Taking my daughter to her first ever game this season, Jan 22 against Michigan. She's only 5 but she recognizes the Michigan uniforms and says "ugh, don't like those dirty wolverines"

I'm continuing to push the narrative of the BADgers being lousy too, for some reason she's latched onto hating Michigan. It's a start.
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

gator
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by gator » Thu Sep 09 2:20 pm

00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Sep 09 2:01 pm
Taking my daughter to her first ever game this season, Jan 22 against Michigan. She's only 5 but she recognizes the Michigan uniforms and says "ugh, don't like those dirty wolverines"

I'm continuing to push the narrative of the BADgers being lousy too, for some reason she's latched onto hating Michigan. It's a start.
When I was dating my now wife all of last year she was reading comments on a fb group for Gopher Hockey. It was the week of the Michigan series and her reply was Minnesotans really don't like Michigan. I told her wait tell its the week of the wisconSIN series... LoL!!!
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

00xtremeninja
Veteran
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by 00xtremeninja » Thu Sep 09 7:39 pm

gator wrote:
Thu Sep 09 2:20 pm
00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Sep 09 2:01 pm

When I was dating my now wife all of last year she was reading comments on a fb group for Gopher Hockey. It was the week of the Michigan series and her reply was Minnesotans really don't like Michigan. I told her wait tell its the week of the wisconSIN series... LoL!!!
Hahahahah that's awesome.

Just told my daughter we got the tickets and she hugged me and thanked me. I know I can only ride this wave of enthusiasm for so long so I'll take whatever I can get with her
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 203 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Sun Sep 12 9:31 am

Yeah that kind of enthusiasm may not last, but when my 15 year old daughter was 4-7 months old, she watched most first periods with me and loved it. Then we moved to Fargo and got season tickets to the Force and she loved that (and getting dippin’ dots). Now that her 13 year old brother plays hockey A LOT, she doesn’t really get excited about watching hockey anymore, BUT she buys her own clothes now and grabs up as much Gopher gear as she can find in Fargo. I am always seeing her in some new Gopher shirt or sweatshirt and I smile every time knowing that it’s been 15 years of guiding her!
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

jmcarroll
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmcarroll » Mon Sep 20 9:47 am

I live in Madison and have a 5 year old. I took him 2 years ago when the gophers came to town in all his gopher gear and he loved the big win for the gophers he saw. Taking him again this year when the gophers come to town. I've been able to keep him a gopher hockey fan so far, but I'm guessing it will be more difficult now that he's in school. Another big win when we go this year will go a long way. Hopefully most of the games will be available on BTN+ or BTN this year so can see a lot of games and stay interested. I haven't told him I got the tickets yet, but I'm sure he will go nuts.

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 616 times

Post by Jupiter » Mon Sep 20 11:09 am

No one freaking out about the lack of a TV schedule yet? LOL!!!

Greyeagle
Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 736 times

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Sep 20 11:16 am

Jupiter wrote:
Mon Sep 20 11:09 am
Well now I am. :crazy: :raving:
Thanks a lot..... :no:

:worship: :rotflmao:
:M: :M2: Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers! :M2: :M:

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 411 times
Been liked: 590 times

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Sep 20 11:40 am

Jupiter wrote:
I'm more concerned about the start times of the games not being released yet on the U site :ahhh: :lol: ( although the Alaska Nanooks and GPL have the times posted for week 1)

Gopherguy05
Veteran
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Gopherguy05 » Mon Sep 20 3:19 pm

Big Ten announced in their preview week that the TV overview--to which I assume that means the schedule will be released Wednesday.

gator
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by gator » Mon Sep 20 4:03 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Or what channel the game is on...
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

gopheritall
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by gopheritall » Mon Sep 20 4:40 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Lol! Let me guess, only 1 away game at Notre Dame will be on TV.

CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Mon Sep 20 5:30 pm

jmcarroll wrote:
Mon Sep 20 9:47 am
I live in Madison and have a 5 year old. I took him 2 years ago when the gophers came to town in all his gopher gear and he loved the big win for the gophers he saw. Taking him again this year when the gophers come to town. I've been able to keep him a gopher hockey fan so far, but I'm guessing it will be more difficult now that he's in school. Another big win when we go this year will go a long way. Hopefully most of the games will be available on BTN+ or BTN this year so can see a lot of games and stay interested. I haven't told him I got the tickets yet, but I'm sure he will go nuts.
Time for somebody to call child protection (forcing your child to live in Madison). :ddown: :wink: :mrgreen:

Greyeagle
Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 736 times

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Sep 20 6:23 pm

jmcarroll wrote:
It would be a shame if you had to disown him.

:BDTR:
:M: :M2: Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers! :M2: :M:

USHANABI
Veteran

Post by USHANABI » Wed Sep 22 12:57 pm

Jupiter wrote:
With this post on the "Season Thread" forum - Freaking Out - one can see that ( in my old age ) I am "freaking out" . . . :dup:

Gopherguy05
Veteran
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Gopherguy05 » Thu Sep 23 3:42 pm

The 101st season of Gopher Hockey begins on Saturday, Oct. 2 at 2:30 p.m. CT against Alaska while the series finale with the Nanooks is set for Sunday, Oct. 3 at 4:00 p.m. CT. Mercyhurst then visits the Gophers for a two-game series on Friday, Oct. 8 at 7:00 p.m. CT and Saturday, Oct. 9 at 5:00 p.m. CT.

A pair of in-state home-and-home series follows for Minnesota starting with a home game against St. Cloud State on Friday, Oct. 15 at 7:00 p.m. CT and another nonconference competition against Minnesota Duluth on Friday, Oct. 22 at 7:00 p.m. CT. Road games against St. Cloud State (Saturday, Oct. 16 at 5:00 p.m. CT) and Minnesota Duluth (Saturday, Oct. 23 at 7:00 p.m. CT) have previously been announced by the host schools.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 190 times

Post by Steve MN » Thu Sep 23 3:51 pm

And, Jup steps in with the rapid update on the calendar. :dup:
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Thu Sep 23 4:32 pm

I have a wedding at 2pm on Saturday the 2nd in downtown Minneapolis. However the cocktails hour and reception are at the Campus Club in Coffman Union. Let’s say the wedding is somewhere from a half hour to an hour and at the latest I get out of the wedding at 3. Game starts at 2:30, the cocktail hour doesn’t start until 4:30 and I’m going to campus anyway. I could definitely go to the second half of the game between the service and the cocktail hour and not miss a thing.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 515 times

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Sep 23 4:55 pm

Gopherguy05 wrote:
Thu Sep 23 3:42 pm
The 101st season of Gopher Hockey begins on Saturday, Oct. 2 at 2:30 p.m. CT against Alaska while the series finale with the Nanooks is set for Sunday, Oct. 3 at 4:00 p.m. CT. Mercyhurst then visits the Gophers for a two-game series on Friday, Oct. 8 at 7:00 p.m. CT and Saturday, Oct. 9 at 5:00 p.m. CT.

A pair of in-state home-and-home series follows for Minnesota starting with a home game against St. Cloud State on Friday, Oct. 15 at 7:00 p.m. CT and another nonconference competition against Minnesota Duluth on Friday, Oct. 22 at 7:00 p.m. CT. Road games against St. Cloud State (Saturday, Oct. 16 at 5:00 p.m. CT) and Minnesota Duluth (Saturday, Oct. 23 at 7:00 p.m. CT) have previously been announced by the host schools.
Let's hope this means the Gopher Football game will be at 11:30 am on Oct 2nd. Then both hockey games will follow up either the Gopher or Vikings FB games. Not too shabby as an alternative to 7 pm Fri/Sat games.

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Thu Sep 23 5:02 pm

With the times finalized. I am guessing that TV for those games have been determined, but they are just waiting for the details.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 693 times

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Sep 23 5:07 pm

Rau4SkiUMah wrote:
Thu Sep 23 4:32 pm
I have a wedding at 2pm on Saturday the 2nd in downtown Minneapolis. However the cocktails hour and reception are at the Campus Club in Coffman Union. Let’s say the wedding is somewhere from a half hour to an hour and at the latest I get out of the wedding at 3. Game starts at 2:30, the cocktail hour doesn’t start until 4:30 and I’m going to campus anyway. I could definitely go to the second half of the game between the service and the cocktail hour and not miss a thing.

Only if you show up in a suit and tie. :)

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Thu Sep 23 6:42 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Sep 23 4:55 pm
Gopherguy05 wrote:

Let's hope this means the Gopher Football game will be at 11:30 am on Oct 2nd. Then both hockey games will follow up either the Gopher or Vikings FB games. Not too shabby as an alternative to 7 pm Fri/Sat games.
Oct 2 football game at Purdue is a 11am kickoff. Will have to listen to the 4th quarter on the radio as I’m driving to the game. It hasn’t happened in years, but I always enjoyed showing up to Mariucci and catching the last bit of either a Gopher football game or Vikings game on the concourse TVs.

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Thu Sep 23 7:51 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Sep 23 5:07 pm
Rau4SkiUMah wrote:
Thu Sep 23 4:32 pm

Only if you show up in a suit and tie. :)
Or I could wear to the wedding what I wear to most Gopher games. Converse, jeans and a white home jersey. However I doubt the bride would be too thrilled :lol:

D2D
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 575 times
Been liked: 200 times

Post by D2D » Thu Sep 23 8:15 pm

Gopherguy05 wrote:
Anything less than a 4-0 start would be disappointing.
Gopherguy05 wrote:
Obviously these games will present a much bigger challenge. Going 2-2 would be respectable; 3-1 would be great. And a 4-0 sweep would be absolutely fabulous.
D2D - 49 years, and counting...

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Sep 24 11:01 am

If it makes anyone feel better about how late the U was with the schedule, Notre Dame still doesn’t even have an expected date for single game ticket sales. Their first game is next weekend. :shock:

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Fri Sep 24 11:21 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Sep 24 11:01 am
If it makes anyone feel better about how late the U was with the schedule, Notre Dame still doesn’t even have an expected date for single game ticket sales. Their first game is next weekend. :shock:
I noticed that when I was looking up ticket prices... Their site said that there would be an update in August. OOOPS!!!

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Sep 24 1:38 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Fri Sep 24 11:21 am
Cowgirl wrote:
I noticed that when I was looking up ticket prices... Their site said that there would be an update in August. OOOPS!!!
I just got an email from them today, they are still just sorting out season ticket holders.

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Fri Sep 24 3:14 pm

Yikes!

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri Sep 24 6:09 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Sep 24 1:38 pm
Jupiter wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:
I just got an email from them today, they are still just sorting out season ticket holders.
A group of us are looking to make the trip to South Bend this year. Will we have to get tickets as soon as they go on sale or can we wait a little bit? I don’t know if they usually sell out quickly or not.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Sep 24 8:03 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Fri Sep 24 6:09 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Sep 24 1:38 pm
Jupiter wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:
A group of us are looking to make the trip to South Bend this year. Will we have to get tickets as soon as they go on sale or can we wait a little bit? I don’t know if they usually sell out quickly or not.
I’d say if you have a group to get them early. And if you have any large or tall folk in the group, don’t sit in the corners - some of the seats are significantly narrower.

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Tue Oct 05 10:17 pm

Tickets AT Notre Dame went on sale today. $22 - $35 price range.

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by gopher6 » Wed Oct 06 7:25 am

Jupiter wrote:
Tue Oct 05 10:17 pm
And Home series ticket prices 40.00 to 55.00 per ticket before fees

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Oct 06 9:30 am

Notre dame doesn’t need the money. 😆

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Vegoe » Wed Oct 06 10:15 am

gopher6 wrote:
Wed Oct 06 7:25 am
Jupiter wrote:
You can see every home game for under $30/game with fees.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 515 times

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Oct 06 10:39 am

Vegoe wrote:
Wed Oct 06 10:15 am
gopher6 wrote:
Wed Oct 06 7:25 am
Jupiter wrote:
You can see every home game for under $30/game with fees.

When my boys are done with youth hockey in 3-4 years I'll be happy to get back to season tickets for the gophers.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 203 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Oct 07 11:18 pm

jmcarroll wrote:
I don't think anyone responded. I grew up in East Grand Forks, became a Gopher fan originally to spite UND fans. Ended up going to UND for a year and then moved to Madison. I didn't go to Gopher games at the Dane County Coliseum and then they transitioned to the Kohl Center and I had less desire to go. I still call them the "dark years". Now we live back in North Dakota. My son is a pretty big Gopher fan, he may do it to please me but I don't give a $h!t. At least he isn't a UND fan. That being said, your kid will love what you love and just starting school won't change that, it will be when he gets older and will move likely be because he just wants to piss you off.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?