Golden Gopher Fan Shop

Talk about the current Gopher Hockey team....
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 396 times

Re: Golden Gopher Fan Shop

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Feb 05 8:41 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Feb 04 11:43 pm
Got the fan shop jerseys today. Meh. I have three other K1 jerseys - all the same size and they all fit differently granted one was from VMH so I think one of their higher quality lines. This one has longer sleeves than my other generic K1 Gopher jersey (which I like cause I have long arms) but is just slightly shorter and narrower so I wouldn’t be able to put much other than a thin pullover under it. Of course they aren’t on sale anymore so I can’t try a size up without forking out another $125 (and scheels is out of mediums).

I think my biggest beef is the patches. They are not stitched on and they are so big and stiff (ha ha) they sit really funny as they are wider than my arms.

I’ll probably hang on to it in the event I can’t get my hands on one from vmh and besides one can really never have too many Gopher hockey jerseys!

(This one makes 17 for me now I think). :)
17? You have a problem.

biggieb_45

Post by biggieb_45 » Fri Feb 05 8:00 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Got the fan shop jerseys today. Meh. I have three other K1 jerseys - all the same size and they all fit differently granted one was from VMH so I think one of their higher quality lines. This one has longer sleeves than my other generic K1 Gopher jersey (which I like cause I have long arms) but is just slightly shorter and narrower so I wouldn’t be able to put much other than a thin pullover under it. Of course they aren’t on sale anymore so I can’t try a size up without forking out another $125 (and scheels is out of mediums).

I think my biggest beef is the patches. They are not stitched on and they are so big and stiff (ha ha) they sit really funny as they are wider than my arms.

I’ll probably hang on to it in the event I can’t get my hands on one from vmh and besides one can really never have too many Gopher hockey jerseys!

I received mine as well. Overall a solid jersey. Why there are two patches makes zero sense but if you didn't know it was wrong it looks just fine.

I have a handful of Nike replicas, a couple VMH jerseys, and a Nike authentic that the bookstore sold awhile back. The authentic is in a league of it's own otherwise this fits in just fine with the rest. To me it looks better in person than online...online almost looked cream, it's white.

I have a 'replica' of the white alternate with GOPHERS in diagonal and that is a joke of a jersey, especially since I own the authentic and can compare. This jersey is just fine for a replica...now asking them to release authentics is a whole different conversion!
Last edited by biggieb_45 on Fri Feb 05 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Go Gophers!!

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 311 times

Post by The Rube » Fri Feb 05 8:07 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Feb 05 8:41 am
Cowgirl wrote:

17? You have a problem.
Overall, I think I have just over 60 jerseys (various teams, the leaders are Bills with 5, and Bucs with 3). About 40 FB, 20 hockey, 2 baseball, and one Irish rugby (as in a team in Ireland).
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Feb 05 8:30 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Feb 05 8:07 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

17? You have a problem.
Overall, I think I have just over 60 jerseys (various teams, the leaders are Bills with 5, and Bucs with 3). About 40 FB, 20 hockey, 2 baseball, and one Irish rugby (as in a team in Ireland).
Well I knew you had problems.

Cowgirl I thought was pretty normal.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Feb 05 8:34 pm

Used to know a guy who owned a sports store. Let me and my friends order jerseys for $10 over cost, instead of retail, when he put in his order. Also, the MOA store used to clearance many a jersey after the season, especially when a player was traded/retired/etc. Got a Dilfer Bucs replica for $10. :D
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Feb 05 8:57 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Feb 05 8:34 pm
Used to know a guy who owned a sports store. Let me and my friends order jerseys for $10 over cost, instead of retail, when he put in his order. Also, the MOA store used to clearance many a jersey after the season, especially when a player was traded/retired/etc. Got a Dilfer Bucs replica for $10. :D
A Dilfer Bucs replica? Did they sneak it into your shopping bag for free when you bought a bottle of Surge?

And why do you still have it?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Feb 05 9:07 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Feb 05 8:57 pm
The Rube wrote:
Fri Feb 05 8:34 pm
A Dilfer Bucs replica? Did they sneak it into your shopping bag for free when you bought a bottle of Surge?

And why do you still have it?
It was a jersey for $10.
It's not worth crap, so haven't sold it, and when people like you see it, and go "WTF?" it's worth it. ;)
I hate throwing out things that still have use. It's still in great condition, and yes, I wear it from time to time.
I have some real beauties in the ol' collection. A couple different Testaverde jerseys, including a TB Creamsicle (crap, that makes it 4 TB jerseys: Dilfer, Alstott, Lynch are the others, modern style). Don Beebe Packers (the player > team). Frank Pietrangelo Whalers (MN alum, baby!). Even a Jean-Sebastian Giguere Whalers (yes, he played for them).

TheRube33 on UnTappd

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by JWG » Fri Feb 05 9:10 pm

I’m definitely waiting to see what VMH comes out with.
JWG :M:

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 421 times

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Feb 05 9:12 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Feb 05 8:07 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

17? You have a problem.
I will make sure to tell my wife that you have over 60 jerseys to prove to her that my 22 jerseys, 12 Gopher and 10 NHL jerseys with former Gophers, are no big deal. :D

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 551 times

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Feb 05 9:12 pm

My stupidest jersey is a Colorado college lacrosse jersey I got for 10$ at their equipment sale when we were out there last season.

Yes, it was BEFORE the cannabis kicked in. 😂😂

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Feb 05 9:14 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Feb 05 9:12 pm
My stupidest jersey is a Colorado college lacrosse jersey I got for 10$ at their equipment sale when we were out there last season.

Yes, it was BEFORE the cannabis kicked in. 😂😂
These things happen. And you have a story. :D Besides, who ELSE has something like that?!

TheRube33 on UnTappd

thinkbui
Veteran
Been liked: 46 times

Post by thinkbui » Fri Feb 05 9:32 pm

Geez, I have 52 jerseys hanging in my closet alone and that's not counting jerseys I have stowed away in boxes or other types of uniforms. Maybe it was a good thing that there wasn't an Athletic Department garage sale last year.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Feb 05 9:50 pm

thinkbui wrote:
Fri Feb 05 9:32 pm
Geez, I have 52 jerseys hanging in my closet alone and that's not counting jerseys I have stowed away in boxes or other types of uniforms. Maybe it was a good thing that there wasn't an Athletic Department garage sale last year.
To be fair (cue up Letter Kenny gif), I haven't bought a jersey in about 5 years. The last one was a 1980 replica of a Tretiak USSR. I think before that was the infamous AIC jersey that is hard to find (or was, I dunno anymore).

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Feb 05 10:12 pm

LOL I donated my $300 Culpepper jersey. I can’t see wearing that thing again so out it goes.

I am a purger. No collecting/hoarding around me.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Feb 05 10:15 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Feb 05 10:12 pm
LOL I donated my $300 Culpepper jersey. I can’t see wearing that thing again so out it goes.

I *did* give my Kluwe Vikings one to Superstar for a wedding photo. She needed a #5 Vikings jersey, and I hadn't worn it in a few years, so what the heck. Good cause.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Fri Feb 05 11:35 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Feb 05 9:50 pm
thinkbui wrote:
To be fair (cue up Letter Kenny gif), I haven't bought a jersey in about 5 years. The last one was a 1980 replica of a Tretiak USSR. I think before that was the infamous AIC jersey that is hard to find (or was, I dunno anymore).
I'm guessing most of yours are off the shelf? What makes my case particularly bad is that at least ten of mine are completely custom that I went out and had someone make. I know the Ugly Sweater and Hawaiian Shirt ones have gotten noticed, but there are a lot more including some that I haven't even worn to games yet.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Feb 05 11:42 pm

thinkbui wrote:
Fri Feb 05 11:35 pm
The Rube wrote:
Fri Feb 05 9:50 pm
thinkbui wrote:
I'm guessing most of yours are off the shelf? What makes my case particularly bad is that at least ten of mine are completely custom that I went out and had someone make. I know the Ugly Sweater and Hawaiian Shirt ones have gotten noticed, but there are a lot more including some that I haven't even worn to games yet.
Vast majority. I'd say 10 (?) are specially ordered/found/etc. For some of my lettered jerseys, they were lettered after-market. Probably another 10 in that category.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Feb 06 3:44 pm

MNNavy wrote:
Fri Feb 05 7:30 am
Cowgirl wrote:

Wait a couple days, there'll be another sale. With any luck, they'll even have free shipping.
They are on sale again and actually come up as the 93.74 they were supposed to last time.

Superstar
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Superstar » Sat Feb 06 6:14 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Feb 05 10:15 pm
Bertogliat wrote:

I *did* give my Kluwe Vikings one to Superstar for a wedding photo. She needed a #5 Vikings jersey, and I hadn't worn it in a few years, so what the heck. Good cause.
Thanks, Rube! Our Save The Date (5-15-21) pic turned out great. :)
save-the-date-final.jpg

Armadillo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Armadillo » Sat Feb 06 8:16 pm

Yes everybody, she's marrying a Packers fan. Ready your rotten fruit for huckin'.
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube

Have a question about comas? Ask me, I've been in one!

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Feb 11 3:19 pm

The University of Minnesota Bookstores are currently having a 20% off sale.
https://bookstores.umn.edu/apparel/hockey

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Thu Feb 11 9:37 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Feb 11 3:19 pm
The University of Minnesota Bookstores are currently having a 20% off sale.
https://bookstores.umn.edu/apparel/hockey
The great thing is that it includes the spirit gear. My quarantine buddy was disappointed that she missed out of the Goldy gaiter from the Hockey City Classic several years ago, so she should be happy to hear that a similar gaiter is on sale.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"

Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 192 times

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Feb 12 12:54 pm

Armadillo wrote:
Sat Feb 06 8:16 pm
Yes everybody, she's marrying a Packers fan. Ready your rotten fruit for huckin'.
A full-on smack down at the wedding reception? Congrats Superstar! We were married May 19th over 30 years ago, you picked a good date :dup:
Irresponsible amounts of butter were used.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Feb 12 1:22 pm

Superstar wrote:
Sat Feb 06 6:14 pm
The Rube wrote:
Fri Feb 05 10:15 pm
Bertogliat wrote:

Thanks, Rube! Our Save The Date (5-15-21) pic turned out great. :)

save-the-date-final.jpg
Quince de Mayo.....not the fruit. :good2:

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Feb 19 2:20 pm

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 423 times
Been liked: 383 times

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Feb 19 2:32 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Feb 19 2:20 pm
Frick I wish I was in town.
Currently under construction.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Feb 19 2:34 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Feb 19 2:32 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
There is thing called mail? ;)

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Fri Feb 19 3:54 pm

I wonder if VMH had to cut through red tape to do this. The K1 jerseys are always noticeably off, but I assumed that was because Nike wouldn't let them make accurate ones.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Feb 19 5:33 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Feb 19 2:34 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
frozen4champs wrote:
If the price being sent internationally made sense I would be all in.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Feb 19 6:30 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Feb 19 5:33 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
frozen4champs wrote:
How bad is it?

Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 192 times

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Feb 19 9:54 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Feb 19 5:33 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
frozen4champs wrote:
I’d be happy to be a go-between. I mail stuff internationally all the time, mostly New Zealand, Germany and Japan. Sometimes it’s easier for a regular person to send rather then a company. My friend in Japan orders clothes from Lands End, it’s sent to me, I unpackaged and cut off the hang tags, then send to her as a gift. She saves on customs big time. She doesn’t abuse it and a few clothes has never raised a red flag. And I’ve sent food to NZ, local treats another friend misses very much. PM if you want a jersey, I’ll get it to you.
Irresponsible amounts of butter were used.

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Fri Feb 19 11:04 pm

Well they’re getting my money.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Mar 10 5:08 am

Update from their twitter account after someone asked a question about the jerseys.

frozen4champs wrote:

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Wed Mar 10 9:12 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Mar 10 5:08 am
Update from their twitter account after someone asked a question about the jerseys.

frozen4champs wrote:
Yes, after "someone" asked a question... :mrgreen:

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Mar 10 9:23 am

JWG wrote:
Wed Mar 10 9:12 am
frozen4champs wrote:

frozen4champs wrote:
Well, "someone" just gave away their true identity :wink:

biggieb_45

Post by biggieb_45 » Wed Mar 10 2:13 pm

Has anyone ordered from VMH recently? I placed an order 5 weeks ago haven't heard a peep from them. Emailed 4 times, contact us link and Twitter DM...nothing.

It's weird because I've had positive experiences in the past.
Go Gophers!!

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Wed Mar 10 2:18 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Mar 10 9:23 am
JWG wrote:
Wed Mar 10 9:12 am
frozen4champs wrote:

frozen4champs wrote:
Well, "someone" just gave away their true identity :wink:
It was a friend of mine... :lol:

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Hobey Baker » Mon Mar 15 10:18 pm

how are these sized?

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Hobey Baker » Mon Mar 15 10:19 pm

to be more precise did they run big do they run small true to size?

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Mon Mar 15 10:49 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:
Mon Mar 15 10:19 pm
to be more precise did they run big do they run small true to size?
They will run big - like the gold one I have. That one is a small - it’s sized to fit over equipment.

younggopherdiehard
Veteran
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Post by younggopherdiehard » Tue Mar 16 11:30 am

biggieb_45 wrote:
Wed Mar 10 2:13 pm
Has anyone ordered from VMH recently? I placed an order 5 weeks ago haven't heard a peep from them. Emailed 4 times, contact us link and Twitter DM...nothing.

They are way behind. I ordered a jersey in November and still haven’t received it. I guess they had some supply issues. I finally received a response from Kyle after multiple attempts and I’ll finally be getting mine hopefully in a week or so.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Mar 16 1:55 pm

This is the issue with VHM. I purchased a Gold MN jersey a few years ago. Love the quality, but since he is basically a 1 man show, it took forever. I'm afraid when he gets the go ahead from the U for the white ones, he will get overwhelmed by all the people that will want one. Wish the U would give us fans an option as well.

biggieb_45

Post by biggieb_45 » Wed Mar 17 2:30 pm

younggopherdiehard wrote:
Tue Mar 16 11:30 am
biggieb_45 wrote:
Wed Mar 10 2:13 pm

They are way behind. I ordered a jersey in November and still haven’t received it. I guess they had some supply issues. I finally received a response from Kyle after multiple attempts and I’ll finally be getting mine hopefully in a week or so.
I appreciate the heads up! I wish Kyle would have told me that! I even said I wasn't trying to rush but wanted an approximate ETA.

He's typically awesome to work with and does high quality work.
Go Gophers!!

biggieb_45

Post by biggieb_45 » Wed Mar 17 2:34 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Tue Mar 16 1:55 pm
This is the issue with VHM. I purchased a Gold MN jersey a few years ago. Love the quality, but since he is basically a 1 man show, it took forever. I'm afraid when he gets the go ahead from the U for the white ones, he will get overwhelmed by all the people that will want one. Wish the U would give us fans an option as well.
The bookstore released the authentics a few years back. I can't remember if there were multiple types but I grabbed the home white alternate GOPHERS jersey. Love it. Amazing quality.

Why was this a one time thing? I feel like people would continually jump on these, especially since there's usually 1 or 2 alternates every season.

I had VMH customize it and it's a gorgeous sweater.
Go Gophers!!

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Mar 17 2:40 pm

biggieb_45 wrote:
Wed Mar 17 2:34 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Tue Mar 16 1:55 pm
The bookstore released the authentics a few years back. I can't remember if there were multiple types but I grabbed the home white alternate GOPHERS jersey. Love it. Amazing quality.

Why was this a one time thing? I feel like people would continually jump on these, especially since there's usually 1 or 2 alternates every season.

I had VMH customize it and it's a gorgeous sweater.
I wish I would have grabbed one of those. Jup and Vegoe has discussed this issue numerous times on podcasts. The issue is people up the food chain sit on their hands and doesn't feel it is worth the bother of it. I wish Goldy's would take a leap of faith in doing this. Maybe they could take pre orders to assure that they make money on them instead of being afraid of being stuck with them.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Mar 17 2:43 pm

Just an FYI-- The Bookstore, Goldy's and Fanatics are selling B1G championship t shirts on their websites. Some have the championship hats as well.

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 506 times

Post by Jupiter » Wed Mar 17 3:01 pm

biggieb_45 wrote:
It was the last year of the WCHA for MN. When doing the team order for that season, someone with clout thought it was a great idea to order 30 or so extras with their main team order. A few of us were able to get in on this. I ended up getting a road jersey for that season. But all of the jerseys that were not claimed on that initial order were given to the bookstore to sell to the public.

@Zwak can give you the specifics on the entire background on this. I may not have it quite right.

EDIT: You inspired me @biggieb_45 ... I am already in contact with Kyle to have him customize my 2012/13 authentic.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Mar 17 3:16 pm

https://www.retroamericantshirts.com/vi ... 3ekIBlLpKc

Customizable t-shirt or others with the skating Goldy logo.

Zwak
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Zwak » Wed Mar 17 3:26 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Wed Mar 17 3:01 pm
biggieb_45 wrote:
It was the last year of the WCHA for MN. When doing the team order for that season, someone with clout thought it was a great idea to order 30 or so extras with their main team order. A few of us were able to get in on this. I ended up getting a road jersey for that season. But all of the jerseys that were not claimed on that initial order were given to the bookstore to sell to the public.

@Zwak can give you the specifics on the entire background on this. I may not have it quite right.
@Jupiter has it correct. The team was putting a new order in with Nike for actual authentic jerseys. The bookstore somehow got wind and asked them to add extras for them to sell in the bookstore. Through a connection I found out that the wholesale cost of these jerseys was $150. The jerseys sold out fast in the bookstore. I too was able to get my hands on one.
Last edited by Zwak on Wed Mar 17 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GPL's official source of trivia.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Mar 17 3:27 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Mar 17 3:16 pm
https://www.retroamericantshirts.com/vi ... 3ekIBlLpKc

Customizable t-shirt or others with the skating Goldy logo.
Clear copyright infringement
Loserville, USA
109 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship