2020-2021 Schedule

Talk about the current Gopher Hockey team....
User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7274
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 150 times
Age: 42

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Jan 07 9:15 am

Rau4SkiUMah wrote:
Thu Jan 07 9:08 am
I know this has been asked before but I have HuluTV and I can get BTN through Hulu. But any recommendations on how to watch games on FSN? Is there an even remotely reliable streaming service? Or is the only way to watch games on FSN through certain cable providers?
See Zwak’s post right before yours. I have the same set up as he does.

Now, I am currently using Fubo.tv’s 7-day trial as I got it for NHL network for Tuesday’s game, it’s the same price as Hulu and has Paramount (Yellowstone) as well, plus a few other must have’s. If I can get the games this weekend, Hulu is going away. The other thing is Hulu won’t allow me to use the live TV outside of my home zip code and Fubo.tv says I can AND it has a last channel watched feature I just found so if I can get Gopher hockey, it’s a no brainer.
Last edited by MNGophers29 on Thu Jan 07 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 457 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by D2D » Thu Jan 07 9:16 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Jan 07 9:09 am
[We should almost have a separate thread as a guide for people to figure out how to get FSN. It is crazy that a regional sports station is so hard to get.
"The kitten that meowed".
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 15286
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 516 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Jupiter » Thu Jan 07 9:30 am

Just a note on the GPL Schedule page...

I am trying to figure out if I can display TV on the main page. Have not figured it out with the new software and may not be able to do this. BUT... You can always click individual games and see the TV info and get links to watch or listen to the games online.

Example of this Saturday's game...
https://gopherpucklive.com/event/minnes ... wisconsin/

OkComputer
Rookie
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Feb 17 11:39 pm
Has liked: 3 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by OkComputer » Thu Jan 07 10:22 am

Looks like the Wisconsin series will also be on the FCS channels. I have YouTubeTV with the the sports pack and it’s showing up on the guide. Guess it’ll be a weekly search for now, as I also decide if I’m going to change things up so I can get the wild too.

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3787
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Norm » Thu Jan 07 10:23 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Jan 07 9:09 am
Zwak wrote:
Thu Jan 07 9:07 am
frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Jan 07 8:58 am
On the Gophersports.com website, FSN will carry most of the Gopher hockey games. The games @ OSU and the last 2 series of the year are TBA yet. No future games on BTN (yet)
https://gophersports.com/sports/mens-ic ... y/schedule
I've mentioned this before but I have Hulu + Live TV. While FSN is not available on Hulu, I can access FSN through the FSN Go app. I log in through my Hulu account and can stream the games on FSN Go app.
We should almost have a separate thread as a guide for people to figure out how to get FSN. It is crazy that a regional sports station is so hard to get.
What's really maddening is that I can watch JBSU on local Ch 29 but I can't get the Gophers.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Jan 07 10:49 am

D2D wrote:
Thu Jan 07 9:16 am
frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Jan 07 9:09 am
[We should almost have a separate thread as a guide for people to figure out how to get FSN. It is crazy that a regional sports station is so hard to get.
"The kitten that meowed".
Huh?

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Jan 07 10:54 am

Norm wrote:
Thu Jan 07 10:23 am
frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Jan 07 9:09 am
Zwak wrote:
Thu Jan 07 9:07 am
frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Jan 07 8:58 am
On the Gophersports.com website, FSN will carry most of the Gopher hockey games. The games @ OSU and the last 2 series of the year are TBA yet. No future games on BTN (yet)
https://gophersports.com/sports/mens-ic ... y/schedule
I've mentioned this before but I have Hulu + Live TV. While FSN is not available on Hulu, I can access FSN through the FSN Go app. I log in through my Hulu account and can stream the games on FSN Go app.
We should almost have a separate thread as a guide for people to figure out how to get FSN. It is crazy that a regional sports station is so hard to get.
What's really maddening is that I can watch JBSU on local Ch 29 but I can't get the Gophers.
It is almost as bad as the Pohlad's Victory Sports One network that was a total disaster. I think that was the last time I was unable to get the Gophers on tv.

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 15286
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 516 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Jupiter » Thu Jan 07 10:54 am

OkComputer wrote:
Thu Jan 07 10:22 am
Looks like the Wisconsin series will also be on the FCS channels. I have YouTubeTV with the the sports pack and it’s showing up on the guide. Guess it’ll be a weekly search for now, as I also decide if I’m going to change things up so I can get the wild too.
oooooooohhhhh.... Figured it out. I will populate it on the schedule!

User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 457 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by D2D » Thu Jan 07 12:18 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Jan 07 10:49 am
Huh?
PM sent.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2801
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 42
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Vegoe » Thu Jan 07 2:31 pm

Well for years Gophers Sports has been pushed to make sure games get broadcast on FSN and not BTN... so now here we are...

Isn't life fun right now?

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3787
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Norm » Thu Jan 07 4:05 pm

If not for Covid I would switch to Directv today. But I don't want an installer spending a couple hours here setting it up.

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10790
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 38

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by thinkbui » Thu Jan 07 5:25 pm

Norm wrote:
Thu Jan 07 4:05 pm
If not for Covid I would switch to Directv today. But I don't want an installer spending a couple hours here setting it up.
It kind of depends on your housing situation and where your TVs are, but yeah you should be prepared for the installer to run diagnostics at each TV. I've been through 3 installs plus a few upgrades. Most didn't have the installer inside for that long, but not all.
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

OkComputer
Rookie
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Feb 17 11:39 pm
Has liked: 3 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by OkComputer » Sat Jan 09 9:36 am

MNGophers29 wrote:
Thu Jan 07 9:15 am
Rau4SkiUMah wrote:
Thu Jan 07 9:08 am
I know this has been asked before but I have HuluTV and I can get BTN through Hulu. But any recommendations on how to watch games on FSN? Is there an even remotely reliable streaming service? Or is the only way to watch games on FSN through certain cable providers?
See Zwak’s post right before yours. I have the same set up as he does.

Now, I am currently using Fubo.tv’s 7-day trial as I got it for NHL network for Tuesday’s game, it’s the same price as Hulu and has Paramount (Yellowstone) as well, plus a few other must have’s. If I can get the games this weekend, Hulu is going away. The other thing is Hulu won’t allow me to use the live TV outside of my home zip code and Fubo.tv says I can AND it has a last channel watched feature I just found so if I can get Gopher hockey, it’s a no brainer.
Interesting, I’ve talked to others that have Hulu and they said they don’t have FSN on the FS Go app. Maybe it depends on the location tied to your account?

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Jan 09 9:22 pm

Per Russo-LaPanta podcast, LaPanta will call the Friday Notre Dame game and the Thursday Arizona St game. He said he wants to call as many Gopher games as long it doesn't interfere with the Wild and since he is not traveling, he doesn't mind doing it.

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10790
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 38

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by thinkbui » Sat Jan 09 9:50 pm

If we're in cost-cutting mode, it would make sense for LaPanta to pick up games when he isn't needed elsewhere. Still wondering about the games that do overlap with Wild games though. Beattie or someone else?
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9725
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 161 times
Age: 48

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Steve MN » Sat Jan 09 10:20 pm

Agreed. I don't like LaPanta myself, but they're paying him anyway, so if he's not busy on a Wild broadcast, they're definitely going to use him for any Gopher Games, rather than pay him to not do any game, and also pay someone else to handle the Gophers. Just glad the games are being played and on TV.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17487
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 404 times
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Jan 10 12:57 am

I'm OK with LaPanta but I really hate the "SCORRRRRRES!!" :chainsaw: :censored:

Could be worse I suppose.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 5240
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 32 times
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by gopher6 » Sun Jan 10 9:20 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Sun Jan 10 12:57 am
I'm OK with LaPanta but I really hate the "SCORRRRRRES!!" :chainsaw: :censored:

Could be worse I suppose.
He gets more excited when the opposing team scores 🤬

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7274
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 150 times
Age: 42

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by MNGophers29 » Sun Jan 10 10:53 am

Whelp, Fubo.tv is not a provider recognized by Fox Sports Go so now I am in a conundrum for Gopher hockey as I really like Fubo.tv compared to Hulu but I am not sure if I like everything enough to switch without Gopher hockey or do I just pay for both for the next couple months....damnit.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by gopherfun83 » Sun Jan 10 1:50 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Sun Jan 10 10:53 am
Whelp, Fubo.tv is not a provider recognized by Fox Sports Go so now I am in a conundrum for Gopher hockey as I really like Fubo.tv compared to Hulu but I am not sure if I like everything enough to switch without Gopher hockey or do I just pay for both for the next couple months....damnit.
If you have Xfinity wifi, you can get flex box free from the Xfinity store. Then from the home page choose shopping, then choose Xfinity tv and local sports add on.
It costs $77 monthly plus whatever your Internet is, but you get FSN and B1G network, plus a ton of free channels with the flex box. The best part is you don't have to pay a monthly fee or buy the tv box. Because Xfinity flex box is totally free if you have wifi with them.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Jan 19 8:35 am

Per The Ohio State website, the game times for next weekends series is now set for 5pm central. No tv info has been released yet.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Jan 22 10:16 am

Per The Ohio States website-- Fridays game is 5pm central and on BTN
Saturdays game is now at 4pm central on BTN

User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 457 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by D2D » Fri Jan 22 1:31 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Jan 22 10:16 am
Per The Ohio States website-- Fridays game is 5pm central* and on BTN
Saturdays game is now at 4pm central on BTN
FYI our women's team will also be in Columbus on the 29th and 30th.
Game times are 5:00pm central* and 2:00pm central respectively.
Both games will be streamed on BTN+.

*direct conflict
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Jan 22 6:31 pm

BTN is airing the Penn St series... No start times listed yet.

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10790
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 38

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by thinkbui » Fri Jan 22 6:39 pm

If that's true, that just leaves the final weekend of the regular season against Michigan not yet on TV. Since that's here, hard not to imagine FSN picking that up.
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10790
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 38

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by thinkbui » Fri Jan 22 6:59 pm

Speaking of TV, NBCSN is shutting down at the end of this calendar year. Curious how that affects games at ND after that.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/nat ... 30201a28f7
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by gopherfun83 » Sun Jan 24 7:44 pm

What do you miss most from not being able to attend the Gophers hockey games? For me it's the anticipation before the game. Single serve pizza, Insomnia cookies, the walk to the arena, getting there early, mint chocolate chip ice cream, cheering after Gopher goals. It's hard to just pick one thing.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8581
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 420 times
Been liked: 573 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Jan 24 7:49 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Jan 24 7:44 pm
What do you miss most from not being able to attend the Gophers hockey games? For me it's the anticipation before the game. Single serve pizza, Insomnia cookies, the walk to the arena, getting there early, mint chocolate chip ice cream, cheering after Gopher goals. It's hard to just pick one thing.
My friends.

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 07 10:19 am
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Sun Jan 24 9:13 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Jan 24 7:44 pm
What do you miss most from not being able to attend the Gophers hockey games? For me it's the anticipation before the game. Single serve pizza, Insomnia cookies, the walk to the arena, getting there early, mint chocolate chip ice cream, cheering after Gopher goals. It's hard to just pick one thing.
Hard to pick one thing but off of the top of my head for me it would be the crowd (get the recent attendance jokes out of the way here). Obviously cheering for goals and the rouser is awesome. But when the crowd can sense a shift in momentum or appreciates a nice play. Or even if the crowd doesn't like a certain call and let's the ref know about. That's one of the things I miss the most.

And the Battle Hymn of the Republic

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3787
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Norm » Sun Jan 24 9:50 pm

The band.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9725
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 161 times
Age: 48

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Steve MN » Sun Jan 24 10:05 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Jan 24 7:49 pm
gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Jan 24 7:44 pm
What do you miss most from not being able to attend the Gophers hockey games? For me it's the anticipation before the game. Single serve pizza, Insomnia cookies, the walk to the arena, getting there early, mint chocolate chip ice cream, cheering after Gopher goals. It's hard to just pick one thing.
My friends.
Hands down. Pre-gaming, road trips, just BSing between periods/after the game.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11455
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 428 times
Age: 46

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Bertogliat » Sun Jan 24 10:13 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Jan 24 7:44 pm
What do you miss most from not being able to attend the Gophers hockey games? For me it's the anticipation before the game. Single serve pizza, Insomnia cookies, the walk to the arena, getting there early, mint chocolate chip ice cream, cheering after Gopher goals. It's hard to just pick one thing.
Red Shed wings and bad Long Islands before a game.

User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 457 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by D2D » Sun Jan 24 11:46 pm

Taking my daughter to the games and watching her over the years grow into becoming a huge Gopher fan. The process started when she was only 3-4 years old, before she could possibly know anything about the game itself. We'd usually get there early and one of the bass drummers would let her bang on the big drum for a bit, which always put a big smile on her face. She started playing on teams of her own just a few years later and at that point began to understand and appreciate the finer points of the game. She now has a baby daughter of her own, and hopefully before too long she can begin to share the same Gopher puck experiences with her and let grandpa tag along too.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11455
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 428 times
Age: 46

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Jan 25 6:38 am

Sounds like a simple pleasure as well.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9725
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 161 times
Age: 48

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Steve MN » Mon Jan 25 9:03 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Sun Jan 24 10:13 pm
gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Jan 24 7:44 pm
What do you miss most from not being able to attend the Gophers hockey games? For me it's the anticipation before the game. Single serve pizza, Insomnia cookies, the walk to the arena, getting there early, mint chocolate chip ice cream, cheering after Gopher goals. It's hard to just pick one thing.
Red Shed wings and bad Long Islands before a game.
At least the bad Long Ilands are really cheap.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2801
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 42
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Vegoe » Mon Jan 25 10:40 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Sun Jan 24 10:13 pm
gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Jan 24 7:44 pm
What do you miss most from not being able to attend the Gophers hockey games? For me it's the anticipation before the game. Single serve pizza, Insomnia cookies, the walk to the arena, getting there early, mint chocolate chip ice cream, cheering after Gopher goals. It's hard to just pick one thing.
Red Shed wings and bad Long Islands before a game.
One of these days when covid fades, I feel like I might have to just make sure I have some vodka, white rum, silver tequila, gin and triple sec around to make a long island at home. I feel like all long islands are bad long islands... but maybe it's just because rail alcohol is rail for a reason. Of course I'd proably just rather spend that money on bourbon...

I mostly miss the walkabouts around the rink between periods and running into people for a brief chat.

I know we brought up on the podcast that there was a chance some people might be able to enter the arena for games, but I'm not hearing any steam on it right now. Just outside pressure to think about it and I know that the U of M is going to be more cautious than most organizations with what even the Governor would allow.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11455
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 428 times
Age: 46

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Jan 25 10:57 am

Vegoe wrote:
Mon Jan 25 10:40 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Sun Jan 24 10:13 pm
gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Jan 24 7:44 pm
What do you miss most from not being able to attend the Gophers hockey games? For me it's the anticipation before the game. Single serve pizza, Insomnia cookies, the walk to the arena, getting there early, mint chocolate chip ice cream, cheering after Gopher goals. It's hard to just pick one thing.
Red Shed wings and bad Long Islands before a game.
One of these days when covid fades, I feel like I might have to just make sure I have some vodka, white rum, silver tequila, gin and triple sec around to make a long island at home. I feel like all long islands are bad long islands... but maybe it's just because rail alcohol is rail for a reason. Of course I'd proably just rather spend that money on bourbon...

I mostly miss the walkabouts around the rink between periods and running into people for a brief chat.

I know we brought up on the podcast that there was a chance some people might be able to enter the arena for games, but I'm not hearing any steam on it right now. Just outside pressure to think about it and I know that the U of M is going to be more cautious than most organizations with what even the Governor would allow.
1) Top Shelf is the only way to go for a long island. They are wonderful drinks that most people don't appreciate because they've only had the crap booze most bars use to make them. If you're ever at Manny's ask for a long island and you won't be disappointed. I used to make them at home in my 20s. I had a lot of fun in my 20s.

Most places use $h!t sour. Use fresh lemon juice and simple syrup.

2) I don't drink cheap long islands anywhere but the Red Shed. I only drink them there due to tradition. If I drank two quarts of a "good" long island I'd be dead. At the Red Shed, it's no problem because they're pretty week.

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 07 10:19 am
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Mon Jan 25 11:40 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Jan 25 10:57 am
Vegoe wrote:
Mon Jan 25 10:40 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Sun Jan 24 10:13 pm
gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Jan 24 7:44 pm
What do you miss most from not being able to attend the Gophers hockey games? For me it's the anticipation before the game. Single serve pizza, Insomnia cookies, the walk to the arena, getting there early, mint chocolate chip ice cream, cheering after Gopher goals. It's hard to just pick one thing.
Red Shed wings and bad Long Islands before a game.
One of these days when covid fades, I feel like I might have to just make sure I have some vodka, white rum, silver tequila, gin and triple sec around to make a long island at home. I feel like all long islands are bad long islands... but maybe it's just because rail alcohol is rail for a reason. Of course I'd proably just rather spend that money on bourbon...

I mostly miss the walkabouts around the rink between periods and running into people for a brief chat.

I know we brought up on the podcast that there was a chance some people might be able to enter the arena for games, but I'm not hearing any steam on it right now. Just outside pressure to think about it and I know that the U of M is going to be more cautious than most organizations with what even the Governor would allow.
1) Top Shelf is the only way to go for a long island. They are wonderful drinks that most people don't appreciate because they've only had the crap booze most bars use to make them. If you're ever at Manny's ask for a long island and you won't be disappointed. I used to make them at home in my 20s. I had a lot of fun in my 20s.

Most places use $h!t sour. Use fresh lemon juice and simple syrup.

2) I don't drink cheap long islands anywhere but the Red Shed. I only drink them there due to tradition. If I drank two quarts of a "good" long island I'd be dead. At the Red Shed, it's no problem because they're pretty week.
As someone who's go to drink in undergrad was regrettably cheap long islands at either Blarneys or the old Library I will 100% agree with you that it is a drink that you can't skate by on with cheap booze. All I can say for myself is I was 21, a broke college student, and they were the most bang for my buck. No regrets but I'll never go back to drinking like that ever again

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11455
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 428 times
Age: 46

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Jan 25 12:11 pm

Rau4SkiUMah wrote:
Mon Jan 25 11:40 am

As someone who's go to drink in undergrad was regrettably cheap long islands at either Blarneys or the old Library I will 100% agree with you that it is a drink that you can't skate by on with cheap booze. All I can say for myself is I was 21, a broke college student, and they were the most bang for my buck. No regrets but I'll never go back to drinking like that ever again
After college I rented an apartment with a coworker buddy of mine. On our first day in the apartment, just after moving our stuff in and before unpacking, he insisted we go to the liquor store. When we got there we got a cart and he loaded it up with every kind of booze, expect wine, so we'd always be able to make any drink a guest would ever ask for. If someone wanted a Colorado Bulldog or a Long Island, we were stocked.

It was expensive, but brilliant. To this day I have always maintained a full stock (wine now included). But I can't go back to cheap drinks, unless I'm at the Shed.

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 15286
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 516 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Jupiter » Mon Jan 25 12:17 pm

I like the booze talk... But can we keep this thread a bit more on topic please?

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Jan 25 12:28 pm

Penn St game times finalized

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3787
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Norm » Mon Jan 25 12:40 pm

Yaaaay!

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Jan 25 12:48 pm

Norm wrote:
Mon Jan 25 12:40 pm
Yaaaay!
Bloody Marys and hockey on a Sunday morning

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17487
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 404 times
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Jan 25 1:14 pm

1 p.m. game on a Monday for me is just what the doctor ordered!
Currently under construction.

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10790
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 38

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by thinkbui » Mon Jan 25 2:59 pm

Aside from regionals, when was the last time we played a hockey game that early in the day? Granted it's noon in State College, but I don't recall a regular season game anywhere with a late morning start time in our time zone. Just one more thing to add to the list of unusual occurrences this season I guess.
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Jan 25 3:18 pm

thinkbui wrote:
Mon Jan 25 2:59 pm
Aside from regionals, when was the last time we played a hockey game that early in the day? Granted it's noon in State College, but I don't recall a regular season game anywhere with a late morning start time in our time zone. Just one more thing to add to the list of unusual occurrences this season I guess.
Oct 12, 2014 vs RPI in the Ice Breaker Tourney in South Bend. It was the Championship game IIRC and played at 11 am. I think the later game that day ( 3rd place ) was Duluth vs Notre Dame ( Minnesota WCHA late game rules applied :lol: ) . They may have been others before that, but that is the one I remember. I'm sure GPL was up in arms that day about the start time. :)

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10790
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 38

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by thinkbui » Tue Jan 26 1:13 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Jan 25 3:18 pm
thinkbui wrote:
Mon Jan 25 2:59 pm
Aside from regionals, when was the last time we played a hockey game that early in the day? Granted it's noon in State College, but I don't recall a regular season game anywhere with a late morning start time in our time zone. Just one more thing to add to the list of unusual occurrences this season I guess.
Oct 12, 2014 vs RPI in the Ice Breaker Tourney in South Bend. It was the Championship game IIRC and played at 11 am. I think the later game that day ( 3rd place ) was Duluth vs Notre Dame ( Minnesota WCHA late game rules applied :lol: ) . They may have been others before that, but that is the one I remember. I'm sure GPL was up in arms that day about the start time. :)
Huh, I don't remember that game being so early, but College Hockey Stats agrees with you. If there was any moaning about it, it probably was in the context of missing the old WCHA since we were only a year out of it at that point.
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

User avatar
Magic
Rookie
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Feb 11 12:02 pm
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Magic » Tue Jan 26 4:45 pm

Notre Dame will be hosting B10 Single Elimination Tournament March 18-20

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by gopherfun83 » Tue Jan 26 6:20 pm

CHN app shows the Gophers play at 11 pm this Thursday and Friday. It makes me wonder if they just post random start times for some reason.

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 15286
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 516 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Jupiter » Tue Jan 26 7:37 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Tue Jan 26 6:20 pm
CHN app shows the Gophers play at 11 pm this Thursday and Friday. It makes me wonder if they just post random start times for some reason.
It is possible that they are linked to the stats system for games and not just stats. Who knows.

I know that all of GPL’s stuff is manual, to there are always mistakes.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8581
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 420 times
Been liked: 573 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Jan 26 7:58 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Tue Jan 26 6:20 pm
CHN app shows the Gophers play at 11 pm this Thursday and Friday. It makes me wonder if they just post random start times for some reason.
I believe until CHN updates/confirms gametimes, the default is midnight eastern of game day. I’ve seen that for other teams games in the past when a game is moved and time isn’t announced yet. They do seem to be a little slow to update however.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Feb 16 3:22 pm

As we wait for more info on the Michigan home series, here is what TV options they have on FSN and BTN.
The Wild play @ Arizona at 8pm central on Friday and 6pm central on Saturday. Both are on FSN
The T Wolves are off for All-Star weekend.
The B!G wrestling championships are Sat and Sunday. These will most likely be on BTN. So BTN would only be able to pick up the Friday game.
My best guess is--
I could see the Friday game being at 5 or 5:30 and played on FSN. The Saturday game played at a normal time on FSN+ or if they really want it on FSN, it would have to be played starting at 3 or 3:30. The long shot would be ESPNU, but they have only had a couple of games on all year, so it is extremely doubtful.

User avatar
grothm01
Rookie
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 13 1:13 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Age: 78

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by grothm01 » Tue Feb 16 5:22 pm

Past years, the B1G wrestling championships have been on BTN+.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Feb 16 5:35 pm

grothm01 wrote:
Tue Feb 16 5:22 pm
Past years, the B1G wrestling championships have been on BTN+.
I just checked the B1G website and they show wrestling tourney on TV on Sat & Sun. Doesn't show a time yet though. This could change as well in this crazy year.

User avatar
Gopherguy05
Veteran
Posts: 5034
Joined: Fri Dec 01 8:52 pm
Location: West St. Paul
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 30 times
Age: 38

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Gopherguy05 » Tue Feb 16 8:26 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Tue Feb 16 3:22 pm
As we wait for more info on the Michigan home series, here is what TV options they have on FSN and BTN.
The Wild play @ Arizona at 8pm central on Friday and 6pm central on Saturday. Both are on FSN
The T Wolves are off for All-Star weekend.
The B!G wrestling championships are Sat and Sunday. These will most likely be on BTN. So BTN would only be able to pick up the Friday game.
My best guess is--
I could see the Friday game being at 5 or 5:30 and played on FSN. The Saturday game played at a normal time on FSN+ or if they really want it on FSN, it would have to be played starting at 3 or 3:30. The long shot would be ESPNU, but they have only had a couple of games on all year, so it is extremely doubtful.
Sounds like a pair of 7 pm FSN+ games to me.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Feb 18 12:43 pm

Penn St series canceled for next weekend per Jess Myers

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 44 times
Age: 35

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Laxref » Thu Feb 18 12:46 pm

We should do what North Carolina basketball did this week, post on Twitter, “who wants to play against us?”.... And then got a game immediately.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8164
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by JWG » Thu Feb 18 12:49 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Feb 18 12:43 pm
Penn St series canceled for next weekend per Jess Myers
So does the conference championship and tournament seeding get based on win % instead of points? How do you manage a team not having the opportunity to earn 6 league points if they come in 2nd by less than 6?
JWG :M:

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Feb 18 1:00 pm

JWG wrote:
Thu Feb 18 12:49 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Feb 18 12:43 pm
Penn St series canceled for next weekend per Jess Myers
So does the conference championship and tournament seeding get based on win % instead of points? How do you manage a team not having the opportunity to earn 6 league points if they come in 2nd by less than 6?
It really amplifies the need to keep winning.

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 07 10:19 am
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Thu Feb 18 1:05 pm

Laxref wrote:
Thu Feb 18 12:46 pm
We should do what North Carolina basketball did this week, post on Twitter, “who wants to play against us?”.... And then got a game immediately.
That'd be great but who would be available to play us? Not trying to be smart, I'm genuinely asking would there be anyone in conference or a regional team that would be available to play us?

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 20281
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 952 times
Been liked: 598 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Greyeagle » Thu Feb 18 1:08 pm

Well that stinks.

Penn State recording 12 shots on goal while posting this announcement.
:lol:
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7415
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 451 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Feb 18 1:09 pm

Rau4SkiUMah wrote:
Thu Feb 18 1:05 pm
Laxref wrote:
Thu Feb 18 12:46 pm
We should do what North Carolina basketball did this week, post on Twitter, “who wants to play against us?”.... And then got a game immediately.
That'd be great but who would be available to play us? Not trying to be smart, I'm genuinely asking would there be anyone in conference or a regional team that would be available to play us?
Because of the B1G protocols, we are just allowed to play conference games and AZ St.

User avatar
Buzzkill Bonin
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15827
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 192 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Buzzkill Bonin » Thu Feb 18 1:11 pm

If the Gophers go 3-1:
16-6-0
(48 points - no longer relevant on its own)
.727 winning percentage
.727 point percentage

If the BADgers go 5-1:
17-7-0
(52 points - no longer relevant on its own)
.708 winning percentage
.722 point percentage
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Buzzkill Bonin
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15827
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 192 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Buzzkill Bonin » Thu Feb 18 1:15 pm

If the Gophers go 4-0:
17-5-0
(51 points - no longer relevant on its own)
.773 winning percentage
.773 point percentage

If the BADgers go 6-0:
18-6-0
(55 points - no longer relevant on its own)
.750 winning percentage
.764 point percentage

In both situations wisconsin's argument would be had the Gophers played PSU, they would not have gone 2-0 and therefore they should be the champions. This may lead to the behind the curtain calculation Hockey East is doing to be used for the Big Ten.
Last edited by Buzzkill Bonin on Thu Feb 18 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 07 10:19 am
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Thu Feb 18 1:16 pm

We basically need to win out and Notre Dame to do us a huge favor. I'm not even going to contemplate the idea of OSU or MSU helping us out.

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10790
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 38

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by thinkbui » Thu Feb 18 1:40 pm

I mentioned this in the NCAA thread when the OSU @ PSU series got postponed (and presumably now cancelled), but I would hope that our conference follows the WCHA in switching to points percentages.

With the outbreak at PSU dragging on, it makes me wonder if there are plans for the postseason for things like reseeding and, in the NCAA's case, possible "standby" at-large bids in the event somebody has to sit out.
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7274
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 150 times
Age: 42

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Feb 18 1:41 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Thu Feb 18 1:08 pm
Well that stinks.

Penn State recording 12 shots on goal while posting this announcement.
:lol:
This made me laugh out loud...while listening to a video conference call that I was on camera for. My boss asked me what was so funny.....umm....sorry boss.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9725
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 161 times
Age: 48

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Steve MN » Thu Feb 18 1:49 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Thu Feb 18 1:08 pm
Well that stinks.

Penn State recording 12 shots on goal while posting this announcement.
:lol:
They went back and added 2 more during the intermission.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8581
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 420 times
Been liked: 573 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Feb 18 2:50 pm

Maybe they just don't want to play us.... but in seriousness, that stinks. We are still waiting for our revenge.

User avatar
Magic
Rookie
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Feb 11 12:02 pm
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Magic » Thu Feb 18 3:10 pm

Big Picture: This might be a good thing. Gophers do not need to leave campus until the B10 tournament. Plus two weeks to prepare for Michigan.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11455
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 428 times
Age: 46

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Feb 18 3:25 pm

Laxref wrote:
Thu Feb 18 12:46 pm
We should do what North Carolina basketball did this week, post on Twitter, “who wants to play against us?”.... And then got a game immediately.
They should play St John’s. The Johnnies are the only MIAC team not under COVID restrictions but can’t play games because every other team is COVIDDY.

User avatar
Cardinal
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5616
Joined: Sun Apr 13 9:05 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Cardinal » Thu Feb 18 4:41 pm

On his radio show this week, you could tell Motzko was frustrated with the lack of time off for the team down the stretch, particularly with how the conference playoffs were being setup. So I would imagine this is a good thing for the team in his eyes.

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 44 times
Age: 35

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Laxref » Thu Feb 18 5:23 pm

Isn’t it really a hassle of a trip to Central PA too?

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10790
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 38

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by thinkbui » Thu Feb 18 5:35 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Feb 18 1:15 pm
If the Gophers go 4-0:
17-5-0
(51 points - no longer relevant on its own)
.773 winning percentage
.773 point percentage

If the BADgers go 6-0:
18-6-0
(55 points - no longer relevant on its own)
.750 winning percentage
.764 point percentage

In both situations wisconsin's argument would be had the Gophers played PSU, they would not have gone 2-0 and therefore they should be the champions. This may lead to the behind the curtain calculation Hockey East is doing to be used for the Big Ten.
What would Wisco want the conference to do? Aside from using points percentages, the only solution I can come up with that makes any kind of sense is to double the weight of the season opening series, but since we swept that series, that only helps us.
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

User avatar
Buzzkill Bonin
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15827
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 192 times

Re: 2020-2021 Schedule

Post by Buzzkill Bonin » Thu Feb 18 5:48 pm

thinkbui wrote:
Thu Feb 18 5:35 pm
What would Wisco want the conference to do? Aside from using points percentages, the only solution I can come up with that makes any kind of sense is to double the weight of the season opening series, but since we swept that series, that only helps us.
Use the Hockey East calculation, which I'm not sure we would win or not. Basically, they will ask whatever can help them jump us.
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Post Reply