Gophers vs Sparty Feb 7 & 8

Talk about the current Gopher Hockey team....
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Gophers vs Sparty Feb 7 & 8

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Feb 07 10:49 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Feb 07 10:44 pm
Will check out tBob's clothes tomorrow at the coaches talk before the game to insure he has not let this winning streak get to his head. The bandwagon is starting to fill up. #WinForTheWooger
Jokes get old after a while. Especially when you're trying to troll someone almost 25 years younger than you...

Anyways... back when I said that it was a two part thought (that I may not have articulated well on here). I had noticed Bob wearing spiffier stuff, and it made me think, this is a great paying gig... Is there a chance he realizes he doesn't have to push as hard on the recruiting trail and settles into a groove. A groove which Lucia was in for about 10 years. I hope that doesn't happen and so far it doesn't look like it will.

I was asking for Motzko very early on and he's clearly the right guy, and imagine where we'd be if we had made the change when we should have.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

thinkbui
Veteran
Been liked: 35 times

Post by thinkbui » Fri Feb 07 10:53 pm

We certainly seem to be making a habit of making the best opposing goaltenders in the conference look like massive sieves.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Feb 07 10:56 pm

There's a certain magic when you HIT THE NET, which this team does a lot more than recent teams.
Loserville, USA
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Feb 07 11:11 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Feb 07 10:49 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Will check out tBob's clothes tomorrow at the coaches talk before the game to insure he has not let this winning streak get to his head. The bandwagon is starting to fill up. #WinForTheWooger
Jokes get old after a while. Especially when you're trying to troll someone almost 25 years younger than you...

Anyways... back when I said that it was a two part thought (that I may not have articulated well on here). I had noticed Bob wearing spiffier stuff, and it made me think, this is a great paying gig... Is there a chance he realizes he doesn't have to push as hard on the recruiting trail and settles into a groove. A groove which Lucia was in for about 10 years. I hope that doesn't happen and so far it doesn't look like it will.

I was asking for Motzko very early on and he's clearly the right guy, and imagine where we'd be if we had made the change when we should have.
I look at it as a good luck charm. Since you said it, the Gophers have improved, so maybe you should embrace it. Not sure what my age has to do with anything, other than I am getting old and gray and can't sit through a game without using the restroom :D By the way, welcome back. #WinForTheWooger

gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by gopherfun83 » Fri Feb 07 11:22 pm

They just got to keep winning one game at a time and trying their best. Moe made some great saves tonight.
People always say exhibition games don't matter much, but after they lost to the U18 team, is when they really started playing better. Whatever the reason, it's fun to watch them play together, hustle and dive for pucks again, block shots, and battle for pucks along the boards.
Go Gophers!

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by The Rube » Fri Feb 07 11:24 pm

Dear B1G,

MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 122 times

Post by D2D » Fri Feb 07 11:33 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Feb 07 11:24 pm
Dear B1G,

Looks like "The Rube" has grown some serious hair! I need to find out how. :confused2:
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

DreamLoss
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by DreamLoss » Fri Feb 07 11:37 pm

Love the unselfish play from our captain on the ENG!

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 122 times

Post by D2D » Fri Feb 07 11:49 pm

DreamLoss wrote:
Fri Feb 07 11:37 pm
My thought right away was, that has to mean a lot to the team, as in "we're all in this together". And besides that, I thought our captain gave a complete effort tonight, including when Coach had him out there on some critical penalty kills.

Separately, did Jackson LaCombe have his best game of the season? He didn't register any points, but I thought he played great tonight.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

DreamLoss
Been liked: 13 times

Post by DreamLoss » Fri Feb 07 11:57 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri Feb 07 11:49 pm
DreamLoss wrote:
My thought right away was, that has to mean a lot to the team, as in "we're all in this together". And besides that, I thought our captain gave a complete effort tonight, including when Coach had him out there on some critical penalty kills.

Separately, did Jackson LaCombe have his best game of the season? He didn't register any points, but I thought he played great tonight.
Exactly, and the goals haven't come all that easy for Sammy this year so I think that does show a lot to the rest of the team.

I meant to comment on LaCombe as well, thought he had an all-around really strong game. If him and Johnson start to get on the scoresheet a bit more, watch out.

Brentar

Post by Brentar » Sat Feb 08 6:27 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Reedy looks good this year despite some not wanting him on this team. Good solid win again, and would guess you would ride Moe again on Saturday. I thought it was McLaughlin's best game of the year. Not sure what happened to Staudacher, but he wasn't out there after the 1st period. Will check out tBob's clothes tomorrow at the coaches talk before the game to insure he has not let this winning streak get to his head. The bandwagon is starting to fill up. #WinForTheWooger
I noticed Staudacher was missing as well. Did we end up getting any updates on his status?

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Feb 08 8:53 am

upnorthkid
Rookie
Been liked: 17 times

Post by upnorthkid » Sat Feb 08 9:00 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Feb 07 10:49 pm
frozen4champs wrote:

I'd go with no chance given we have an AD who has shown reservations on pulling the plug on people

Eckes
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Eckes » Sat Feb 08 9:06 am

Was coming here to comment on LaCombe, too. He was my #1 star of the game. So poised with the puck.

He's been great since the break, and i thought this was his best game as a gopher. That Nate Schmidt move in the 2nd where he pulled the puck around his defender and leaned into a massive slapper was a thing of beauty (but hit the net!)

Love the progress of the whole team. I'd like to see this group play North Dakota now. They were a different team in November.

Coming into this weekend, Jim Dahl's college hockey ranked site gave the gophers a pretty good shot of ending up at ~12ish in the PWR with 5 more regular season wins, and maybe top 10 with 6 more wins. Just keep winning. I like their chances of they get into the tourney.
DreamLoss wrote:
Fri Feb 07 11:57 pm
D2D wrote:
Fri Feb 07 11:49 pm
DreamLoss wrote:

Exactly, and the goals haven't come all that easy for Sammy this year so I think that does show a lot to the rest of the team.

I meant to comment on LaCombe as well, thought he had an all-around really strong game. If him and Johnson start to get on the scoresheet a bit more, watch out.
Formerly known as The X Factor
Gopher Hockey: Minnesota's Pride on Ice
National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Pride on Ice Blog: http://prideoniceblog.blogspot.com (click on the ads!)
Founding Member of the :ahhh: Fan Club - Est. 9/15/2010
2010 GPL Fantasy Baseball Champion

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Feb 08 10:37 am

This is what development looks like. So happy for the players and Motzko.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

Cardinal
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Cardinal » Sat Feb 08 11:49 am

Brentar wrote:
Sat Feb 08 6:27 am
frozen4champs wrote:
Reedy looks good this year despite some not wanting him on this team. Good solid win again, and would guess you would ride Moe again on Saturday. I thought it was McLaughlin's best game of the year. Not sure what happened to Staudacher, but he wasn't out there after the 1st period. Will check out tBob's clothes tomorrow at the coaches talk before the game to insure he has not let this winning streak get to his head. The bandwagon is starting to fill up. #WinForTheWooger
I noticed Staudacher was missing as well. Did we end up getting any updates on his status?
He played a normal shift until there were less than five minutes left in the second. On one shift he went to throw a hit by the bench and didn't full connect. He played once more shift after that, so nothing that looked too bad from what was visible on the TV feed.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by streakygopher » Sat Feb 08 11:56 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Feb 08 10:37 am
This is what development looks like. So happy for the players and Motzko.
As I mentioned before, the team will have 4 strong returning defensemen coming into next season and that bodes extremely well. I was at the game last night, and the crowd was decent and engaged like they actually wanted to be there to cheer on the team. Good to see.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Feb 08 12:22 pm

The people that have been attending have always been engaged and willing to cheer on good hockey. Just haven't seen it much lately before this run. This is a totally different team.
Loserville, USA

Gophers_inGF
Rookie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Gophers_inGF » Sat Feb 08 12:41 pm

Really liking how this team is starting to come together and compete. My only criticism is that Ranta has to be put on the 1st powerplay unit. He's one of our top players if not the best and has an unbelievable shot.

Gopher Fan 26
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Gopher Fan 26 » Sat Feb 08 12:54 pm

Gophers_inGF wrote:
Sat Feb 08 12:41 pm
Really liking how this team is starting to come together and compete. My only criticism is that Ranta has to be put on the 1st powerplay unit. He's one of our top players if not the best and has an unbelievable shot.
This team could be extremely dangerous if they can get anything to click on the PP.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Feb 08 3:53 pm

The problem is Stucker is your pp qb and he is not suited for that. By next year it should be Lacombe PP1 and I'd say Johnson and Koster PP2
Loserville, USA

Reg Dunlop
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 24 times

Post by Reg Dunlop » Sat Feb 08 4:12 pm

What Direct tv channel is it on tonight?
Thanks
"Let 'em know you're there!"

Thirty-four: "Reg, I gotta tell you, of all the people on the board, you are one of the five I'd like to buy a beer!" :beerchug:

Frozen Four: BSU=JBSU=LOL

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 464 times

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Feb 08 4:14 pm

Reg Dunlop wrote:
Sat Feb 08 4:12 pm
What Direct tv channel is it on tonight?
Thanks

FargoGopher7
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 2 times

Post by FargoGopher7 » Sat Feb 08 4:17 pm

Is the game on i heart radio?

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Feb 08 4:40 pm

FargoGopher7 wrote:
Sat Feb 08 4:17 pm
Is the game on i heart radio?

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Feb 08 4:48 pm

Looks like 55 is in according to line tweet

Greyeagle
Has liked: 913 times
Been liked: 631 times

Post by Greyeagle » Sat Feb 08 4:50 pm

Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Feb 08 4:51 pm

Smells like.....victory

gopheritall
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by gopheritall » Sat Feb 08 5:13 pm

So when you start winning suddenly people show up for games. Glad to see so many here for an early start.

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Feb 08 5:17 pm

Hey!!! According to Clymer, we have our skating legs on!
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

00xtremeninja
Veteran
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Feb 08 5:26 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Feb 08 5:17 pm
Last night was our dancing legs I guess
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Feb 08 5:34 pm

00xtremeninja wrote:
Sat Feb 08 5:26 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Feb 08 5:17 pm
Last night was our dancing legs I guess
We seem to have our shooting legs on at the moment
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Feb 08 5:51 pm

Good energy, whatever legs they are, keep them moving! Still not full but a good turnout for a 5pm game.
Keep it rolling boys!!

GO GOPHERS!! :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2:

upnorthkid
Rookie

Post by upnorthkid » Sat Feb 08 6:17 pm

gopheritall wrote:
Sat Feb 08 5:13 pm
So when you start winning suddenly people show up for games. Glad to see so many here for an early start.
ticket deal probably helped too

upnorthkid
Rookie

Post by upnorthkid » Sat Feb 08 6:21 pm

uffda Moe

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 392 times

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Feb 08 6:47 pm

Enjoyed hearing from Vanek on the radio!!
Currently under construction.

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by JWG » Sat Feb 08 6:47 pm

Pretty quiet in here. 2-1 after two.
JWG
[This space for rent]

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Feb 08 6:57 pm

Nice phantom call results in a tie score.
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

trixR4kids
Veteran
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by trixR4kids » Sat Feb 08 6:57 pm

Nanne had a nice screen there 😬
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Feb 08 7:03 pm

upnorthkid wrote:
Sat Feb 08 6:17 pm
gopheritall wrote:
Sat Feb 08 5:13 pm
ticket deal probably helped too
We are being told true fans will pay any price the U decides....................

gopheritall
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by gopheritall » Sat Feb 08 7:04 pm

Gophers are lethargic right now. Not cool

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Feb 08 7:04 pm

Damn
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Feb 08 7:05 pm

Playing like crap this period. Utter crap.

Kelor
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Kelor » Sat Feb 08 7:05 pm

This is one horrible 10 minutes of the third period. Let's wake up !

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Feb 08 7:07 pm

Sounds like they have fallen asleep and now trail 3-2. :(

Worst stretch of play in the past several games. Still time though - got get at least a tie before the period ends!

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Feb 08 7:10 pm

That's it. Garbage.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Feb 08 7:10 pm

That's gonna likely do it

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Sat Feb 08 7:10 pm

They had to call two ticky tac penalties. Changed the entire game.

NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Sat Feb 08 7:10 pm

4-2. Woof.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Feb 08 7:12 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Sat Feb 08 7:10 pm
They had to call two ticky tac penalties. Changed the entire game.
Yep. That did it. And they were ticky tack.
Last edited by ScoobyDoo on Sat Feb 08 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Feb 08 7:12 pm

Walker...no.....

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Feb 08 7:16 pm

Turnover after turnover after turnover.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Feb 08 7:18 pm

Guy kicks his net off a lot

upnorthkid
Rookie

Post by upnorthkid » Sat Feb 08 7:19 pm

Needed Moe to come up with something more tonight in a game we couldn't finish. Tough game

Kelor
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Kelor » Sat Feb 08 7:21 pm

It was a hell of a winning streak. Time to start another one.

We only lost one period tonight, but what a poor period it was.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Feb 08 7:21 pm

Got their ass kicked in one period. Wasn't even close.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Feb 08 7:27 pm

Fire tBob.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Feb 08 7:29 pm

A win there would have kept them in great position to keep moving up in the PWR. They cannot do anything worse the split @ND and @PSU and need to sweep Ugly Ann.

gopherfun83
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherfun83 » Sat Feb 08 7:29 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Feb 08 7:21 pm
The fourth line wasn't doing much at all. It looked like they were all tired, including Moe. Maybe time to start alternating goalies again. Also the last 2 penalties seemed like just make up penalties. Back to needing to win the B1G tournament again.

magoose
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 7 times

Post by magoose » Sat Feb 08 7:41 pm

Happy with the split. More happy at seeing a product on the ice not sucking and improving throughout this season.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Sat Feb 08 7:49 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Feb 08 7:21 pm
Yeah, the two penalties were really not good calls, but the real story is Minnesota had no legs and no push back in the third. The MSU goals were not exactly high light reel goals, but that stuff happens. Minnesota had plenty of opportunities and didn't cash in.

They've done a great job during the streak of playing a full three periods. Not tonight.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Feb 08 7:56 pm

If they’re going to have a stinker as Bob calls it, get it out of the way now. Bummer let down after the last few weekends but need to shake it off and move forward.

Looking forward to a fun weekend in south bend. I think we’ll see LaFontaine Friday night.

Go Gophers!

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Hobey Baker » Sat Feb 08 9:48 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Feb 08 7:56 pm
If they’re going to have a stinker as Bob calls it, get it out of the way now. Bummer let down after the last few weekends but need to shake it off and move forward.

Looking forward to a fun weekend in south bend. I think we’ll see LaFontaine Friday night.

Go Gophers!
Honestly didn’t see that loss coming!

trixR4kids
Veteran
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by trixR4kids » Sat Feb 08 9:57 pm

I think like we’ll be fine if continues to get that many shots and chances per game. Hopefully one of the two goalies steps up and can play above average hockey even if just for a brief stint, that’s one piece we seem to be missing and elevated our mediocre teams the last 2 years.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by Norm » Sat Feb 08 10:22 pm

6 out of the last 7 isn't bad.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Feb 08 10:36 pm

Norm wrote:
Sat Feb 08 10:22 pm
6 out of the last 7 isn't bad.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Feb 08 11:05 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:
Sat Feb 08 9:48 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Feb 08 7:56 pm

Go Gophers!
Honestly didn’t see that loss coming!
:lalala:

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Feb 08 11:24 pm

So it seems that a $25 ticket and a free drink voucher is a good price point. HEY ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT - DID YOU GET THAT?

But...season ticket holders should still be priority above and beyond this with their pricing structure.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Sun Feb 09 6:52 am

Lots of credit to sparty, mature team brought it for 1 period, made us look gassed...

I see the light...

JoeGopher
Rookie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by JoeGopher » Sun Feb 09 9:01 am

One really bad period since the last time they played Sparty. It will happen and it only matters how they come back against Jesus U next week in South Bend.

I prefer to think of it as MSU being the only team good enough to beat the Gophers this decade..

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Sun Feb 09 9:08 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Feb 08 11:24 pm
So it seems that a $25 ticket and a free drink voucher is a good price point. HEY ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT - DID YOU GET THAT?

But...season ticket holders should still be priority above and beyond this with their pricing structure.
I've been a season ticket holder for 30 years. Does it bother me that I pay more for my ticket than half the crowd who paid 25 bucks and got a drink for free? A little bit. However, I'd rather have the rink hopping with fans who want to be there to cheer on the team. It makes it a better experience for me and for everyone else.

The nucleus of this team has a chance to be pretty good starting next season. I don't think winning will be a problem, so the U has until then to figure out how to get fans into the building.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Feb 09 9:11 am

It was a matter of time for the winning streak to end, but did not see it coming after the 2nd period last night. There was a play when LaCombe had the puck in the o zone for about 30 seconds circling and it was amazing. Just wish they would have scored on that. Then the 3rd period came, and they didn't skate, could not complete a pass, could not kill the penalty, and fell off the rails. Sparty was saved by their goalie, and the Gophers style isn't one that allows that many shots on goal to be successful. Next 2 road series will be tough, but they seem to play better on the road lately.

Other notes--
Went to tBob's meeting with STH's. He is always so engaging. Told a couple of good stories. Just a couple of tidbits from it. 1. When asked about the goalies he said " Both of them don't like me right now. I need them both to be better" 2. When asked about why he had the 39-58-7 line on the #1 MSU line " Meyers is so good and when Ranta gets the puck, he kills so much time that their shift is over. His teammates know when Ranta gets the puck, they are not getting it back" 3. He hopes the NHL stays away from this team for another year. He also told his team "we can be good this year and don't have to wait until next year". I just wish they could somehow have a place to hold the meeting inside Mariucci. I know they can't do it in the club room because it's too close to game time.

Got Vanek to sign an item for me during his signing. I thought he was really engaging with the fans while doing it. He is my all time favorite Gopher along with Leo and Pohl. I love the the U is doing these things. I suggested that they do this years ago, and things like this really doesn't cost them that much and creates good will amounts the fans. I hope they do 1 more for Michigan ( Pohl? ) . I think the U is really trying. Player signings, beverage and a ticket deal, community skates and others. I believe the future looks good. #WinForWooger

gopherfun83
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherfun83 » Sun Feb 09 9:21 am

And both Walker and BB rang the post on shots. The Sparty top line has not been easy to contain for any team this year, and the Gophers did pretty well overall. Now they need a six game win streak to end the regular season. Go Gophers!

Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by Kelly Red » Sun Feb 09 11:47 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Sun Feb 09 9:11 am
It was a matter of time for the winning streak to end, but did not see it coming after the 2nd period last night. There was a play when LaCombe had the puck in the o zone for about 30 seconds circling and it was amazing. Just wish they would have scored on that. Then the 3rd period came, and they didn't skate, could not complete a pass, could not kill the penalty, and fell off the rails. Sparty was saved by their goalie, and the Gophers style isn't one that allows that many shots on goal to be successful. Next 2 road series will be tough, but they seem to play better on the road lately.

Other notes--
Went to tBob's meeting with STH's. He is always so engaging. Told a couple of good stories. Just a couple of tidbits from it. 1. When asked about the goalies he said " Both of them don't like me right now. I need them both to be better" 2. When asked about why he had the 39-58-7 line on the #1 MSU line " Meyers is so good and when Ranta gets the puck, he kills so much time that their shift is over. His teammates know when Ranta gets the puck, they are not getting it back" 3. He hopes the NHL stays away from this team for another year. He also told his team "we can be good this year and don't have to wait until next year". I just wish they could somehow have a place to hold the meeting inside Mariucci. I know they can't do it in the club room because it's too close to game time.

Got Vanek to sign an item for me during his signing. I thought he was really engaging with the fans while doing it. He is my all time favorite Gopher along with Leo and Pohl. I love the the U is doing these things. I suggested that they do this years ago, and things like this really doesn't cost them that much and creates good will amounts the fans. I hope they do 1 more for Michigan ( Pohl? ) . I think the U is really trying. Player signings, beverage and a ticket deal, community skates and others. I believe the future looks good. #WinForWooger
We were there too! Agree that tBob is engaging, but I told my husband this was the second Bob talk we attended and they lost both games after. NO more Bob talks!!
Laughed at his comment both goalies are mad at him and that’s the way he wants it.
If liars pants did catch on fire, watching the news would be so much more fun!

Greyeagle
Has liked: 913 times
Been liked: 631 times

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Feb 09 6:49 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Sun Feb 09 9:08 am
I've been a season ticket holder for 30 years. Does it bother me that I pay more for my ticket than half the crowd who paid 25 bucks and got a drink for free? A little bit. However, I'd rather have the rink hopping with fans who want to be there to cheer on the team. It makes it a better experience for me and for everyone else.

The nucleus of this team has a chance to be pretty good starting next season. I don't think winning will be a problem, so the U has until then to figure out how to get fans into the building.
100% agree. I'm sure as hell not going to nuke my season tickets (in the family since 1970something) because someone gets a Coke with their ticket.

I also would not say no if The U sent me a 'thank you' coupon for a beer or two. :beerchug:
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!