Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Talk about the current Gopher Hockey team....
User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Jan 22 11:53 am

Gophers take on the #6 ranked Buckeyes.
Buckeyes are currently 1st in the B1G 10 with 26 points, while the Gophers are 6th with 16 points.
Mn lost 3-2 in OT, and tied 1-1 ( got extra point in 3x3) back in December

Fridays game is at 7pm TV FSN+
Saturdays game is 7:30 pm TV B1G10

Saturday is the Doug Woog tribute day.
Last edited by frozen4champs on Wed Jan 22 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14939
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 367 times
Age: 47
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Jupiter » Wed Jan 22 12:31 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 22 11:53 am
Fridays game is at 7pm TV FSN+ ( The schedule shows regular FSN, but my guide has Wolves on FSN, so I assume FSN + )
I have it as the U has it on their schedule. But you appear to be correct. I will reach out to them to see what is up.

EDIT: I updated the GPL schedule to reflect FSN+ and Let the U know about the error as well.

User avatar
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5310
Joined: Mon Jan 31 3:07 pm
Location: patroling the blueline
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 8 times
Age: 60

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Wed Jan 22 3:27 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 22 11:53 am
Gophers take on the #6 ranked Buckeyes.
Buckeyes are currently 1st in the B1G 10 with 26 points, while the Gophers are 6th with 16 points.
Mn lost 3-2 in OT, and tied 1-1 ( got extra point in 3x3) back in December

Fridays game is at 7pm TV FSN+ ( The schedule shows regular FSN, but my guide has Wolves on FSN, so I assume FSN + )
Saturdays game is 7:30 pm TV B1G10

Saturday is the Doug Woog tribute day.
oh boy a rally towel thats it step up athletic dept cheap skates

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14939
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 367 times
Age: 47
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Jupiter » Wed Jan 22 3:46 pm

There was a mess up by someone at the U.... Definitely on FSN+ on Friday.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Jan 22 3:55 pm

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Wed Jan 22 3:27 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 22 11:53 am
Gophers take on the #6 ranked Buckeyes.
Buckeyes are currently 1st in the B1G 10 with 26 points, while the Gophers are 6th with 16 points.
Mn lost 3-2 in OT, and tied 1-1 ( got extra point in 3x3) back in December

Fridays game is at 7pm TV FSN+ ( The schedule shows regular FSN, but my guide has Wolves on FSN, so I assume FSN + )
Saturdays game is 7:30 pm TV B1G10

Saturday is the Doug Woog tribute day.
oh boy a rally towel thats it step up athletic dept cheap skates
What did you want, a Wooger Jersey? With the way the attendance is going, I'm sure that there isn't a ton of money just lying around for giveaways unless a sponsor would step up. If they didn't do anything at all you would have ripped them as well. Just a no win on this one.

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Vegasgopher » Wed Jan 22 6:06 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Wed Jan 22 3:46 pm
There was a mess up by someone at the U.... Definitely on FSN+ on Friday.
Thank you

User avatar
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5310
Joined: Mon Jan 31 3:07 pm
Location: patroling the blueline
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 8 times
Age: 60

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Wed Jan 22 8:48 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 22 3:55 pm
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Wed Jan 22 3:27 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 22 11:53 am
Gophers take on the #6 ranked Buckeyes.
Buckeyes are currently 1st in the B1G 10 with 26 points, while the Gophers are 6th with 16 points.
Mn lost 3-2 in OT, and tied 1-1 ( got extra point in 3x3) back in December

Fridays game is at 7pm TV FSN+ ( The schedule shows regular FSN, but my guide has Wolves on FSN, so I assume FSN + )
Saturdays game is 7:30 pm TV B1G10

Saturday is the Doug Woog tribute day.
oh boy a rally towel thats it step up athletic dept cheap skates
What did you want, a Wooger Jersey? With the way the attendance is going, I'm sure that there isn't a ton of money just lying around for giveaways unless a sponsor would step up. If they didn't do anything at all you would have ripped them as well. Just a no win on this one.
this is a big deal something better then a stupid towel

User avatar
Gopherguy05
Veteran
Posts: 4946
Joined: Fri Dec 01 8:52 pm
Location: West St. Paul
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 38

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Gopherguy05 » Wed Jan 22 9:12 pm

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Wed Jan 22 8:48 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 22 3:55 pm
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Wed Jan 22 3:27 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 22 11:53 am
Gophers take on the #6 ranked Buckeyes.
Buckeyes are currently 1st in the B1G 10 with 26 points, while the Gophers are 6th with 16 points.
Mn lost 3-2 in OT, and tied 1-1 ( got extra point in 3x3) back in December

Fridays game is at 7pm TV FSN+ ( The schedule shows regular FSN, but my guide has Wolves on FSN, so I assume FSN + )
Saturdays game is 7:30 pm TV B1G10

Saturday is the Doug Woog tribute day.
oh boy a rally towel thats it step up athletic dept cheap skates
What did you want, a Wooger Jersey? With the way the attendance is going, I'm sure that there isn't a ton of money just lying around for giveaways unless a sponsor would step up. If they didn't do anything at all you would have ripped them as well. Just a no win on this one.
this is a big deal something better then a stupid towel
Such as??
A poster? A cheap ass one size t-shirt? Something else actually logical?

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1452
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 131 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by 00xtremeninja » Thu Jan 23 5:48 am

Well I dont know about you, but I'm still waiting for Glen Sonmor glass eye night myself.
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

User avatar
ndgopher
Rookie
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Apr 10 11:04 am
Location: ND
Been liked: 11 times
Age: 56

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by ndgopher » Thu Jan 23 9:25 am

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Wed Jan 22 3:27 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 22 11:53 am
Gophers take on the #6 ranked Buckeyes.
Buckeyes are currently 1st in the B1G 10 with 26 points, while the Gophers are 6th with 16 points.
Mn lost 3-2 in OT, and tied 1-1 ( got extra point in 3x3) back in December

Fridays game is at 7pm TV FSN+ ( The schedule shows regular FSN, but my guide has Wolves on FSN, so I assume FSN + )
Saturdays game is 7:30 pm TV B1G10

Saturday is the Doug Woog tribute day.
oh boy a rally towel thats it step up athletic dept cheap skates
What should they give away. Did the same type of promo for the Penn State football game, some people are never pleased. Sounds like you should give the U some input on gameday promotions.

User avatar
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5310
Joined: Mon Jan 31 3:07 pm
Location: patroling the blueline
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 8 times
Age: 60

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Thu Jan 23 9:42 am

ndgopher wrote:
Thu Jan 23 9:25 am
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Wed Jan 22 3:27 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 22 11:53 am
Gophers take on the #6 ranked Buckeyes.
Buckeyes are currently 1st in the B1G 10 with 26 points, while the Gophers are 6th with 16 points.
Mn lost 3-2 in OT, and tied 1-1 ( got extra point in 3x3) back in December

Fridays game is at 7pm TV FSN+ ( The schedule shows regular FSN, but my guide has Wolves on FSN, so I assume FSN + )
Saturdays game is 7:30 pm TV B1G10

Saturday is the Doug Woog tribute day.
oh boy a rally towel thats it step up athletic dept cheap skates
What should they give away. Did the same type of promo for the Penn State football game, some people are never pleased. Sounds like you should give the U some input on gameday promotions.
sounds like you bitter people need a wining streak

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7782
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 463 times
Age: 33

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Jan 23 9:57 am

This is what the students get:


They should extend some of those giveaways at least to season ticket holders too.
One of the Woog patches like they put on the jerseys would have been a cool giveaway.

User avatar
Gopherguy05
Veteran
Posts: 4946
Joined: Fri Dec 01 8:52 pm
Location: West St. Paul
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 38

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Gopherguy05 » Thu Jan 23 2:40 pm

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Thu Jan 23 9:42 am
ndgopher wrote:
Thu Jan 23 9:25 am
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Wed Jan 22 3:27 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 22 11:53 am
Gophers take on the #6 ranked Buckeyes.
Buckeyes are currently 1st in the B1G 10 with 26 points, while the Gophers are 6th with 16 points.
Mn lost 3-2 in OT, and tied 1-1 ( got extra point in 3x3) back in December

Fridays game is at 7pm TV FSN+ ( The schedule shows regular FSN, but my guide has Wolves on FSN, so I assume FSN + )
Saturdays game is 7:30 pm TV B1G10

Saturday is the Doug Woog tribute day.
oh boy a rally towel thats it step up athletic dept cheap skates
What should they give away. Did the same type of promo for the Penn State football game, some people are never pleased. Sounds like you should give the U some input on gameday promotions.
sounds like you bitter people need a wining streak
You appear the bitter one bitching about giveaways. But your self-awareness never really has existed, so thats not a huge surprise.

User avatar
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5310
Joined: Mon Jan 31 3:07 pm
Location: patroling the blueline
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 8 times
Age: 60

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Thu Jan 23 2:43 pm

Gopherguy05 wrote:
Thu Jan 23 2:40 pm
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Thu Jan 23 9:42 am
ndgopher wrote:
Thu Jan 23 9:25 am
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Wed Jan 22 3:27 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 22 11:53 am
Gophers take on the #6 ranked Buckeyes.
Buckeyes are currently 1st in the B1G 10 with 26 points, while the Gophers are 6th with 16 points.
Mn lost 3-2 in OT, and tied 1-1 ( got extra point in 3x3) back in December

Fridays game is at 7pm TV FSN+ ( The schedule shows regular FSN, but my guide has Wolves on FSN, so I assume FSN + )
Saturdays game is 7:30 pm TV B1G10

Saturday is the Doug Woog tribute day.
oh boy a rally towel thats it step up athletic dept cheap skates
What should they give away. Did the same type of promo for the Penn State football game, some people are never pleased. Sounds like you should give the U some input on gameday promotions.
sounds like you bitter people need a wining streak
You appear the bitter one bitching about giveaways. But your self-awareness never really has existed, so thats not a huge surprise.
what ever you say your the spokesman here champ

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Jan 23 2:46 pm

Back to talking about the game, Vegoe said on last nights podcast that Reedy is "iffy" this weekend. Let's hope he can at least play 1 of the games. Also it was noted that the main Buckeyes goalie, Nappier, is dinged up and may not play as well. Team needs to rally around "winning for the Wooger".

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14939
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 367 times
Age: 47
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Jupiter » Thu Jan 23 2:52 pm

Gopher Sweep!

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2635
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 107 times
Age: 41
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Vegoe » Thu Jan 23 3:34 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Jan 23 2:46 pm
Back to talking about the game, Vegoe said on last nights podcast that Reedy is "iffy" this weekend. Let's hope he can at least play 1 of the games. Also it was noted that the main Buckeyes goalie, Nappier, is dinged up and may not play as well. Team needs to rally around "winning for the Wooger".
We shall see if he's back--I'd be surprised.

I think we will see:

McLaughlin-Walker-Sorenson
Ranta-Meyers-McManus
Burke-Nelson-Brodzinski
Munson-Perbix-Marooney

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7782
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 463 times
Age: 33

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Jan 24 10:48 am

Happy game day! It’s military appreciation day tonight. But don’t wear too much camo, we need to see someone on the stands! :)

GO GOPHERS!!

:M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M:

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2775
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by D2D » Fri Jan 24 11:58 am

“Shampoo” just might be the most "impactful" player (as Ben would say) on the team the rest of the way. Nice article in this morning's Strib.

Gophers forward Sampo Ranta developing into a force as sophomore
http://www.startribune.com/gophers-forward-sampo-ranta-developing-into-a-force-as-sophomore/567251742/
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 3090
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 126 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Jan 24 12:17 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri Jan 24 11:58 am
“Shampoo” just might be the most "impactful" player (as Ben would say) on the team the rest of the way. Nice article in this morning's Strib.

Gophers forward Sampo Ranta developing into a force as sophomore
http://www.startribune.com/gophers-forward-sampo-ranta-developing-into-a-force-as-sophomore/567251742/
I thought the “what’s a crayon” was hilarious.
If liars pants did catch on fire, watching the news would be so much more fun!

User avatar
grothm01
Rookie
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Oct 13 1:13 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times
Age: 77

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by grothm01 » Fri Jan 24 2:27 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:48 am
Happy game day! It’s military appreciation day tonight. But don’t wear too much camo, we need to see someone on the stands! :)

GO GOPHERS!!

:M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M:
What are they doing for military appreciation? Ticket discounts or somrthing else?

User avatar
MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Apr 10 9:14 pm
Location: Lakeville, MN
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by MNNavy » Fri Jan 24 3:47 pm

grothm01 wrote:
Fri Jan 24 2:27 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:48 am
Happy game day! It’s military appreciation day tonight. But don’t wear too much camo, we need to see someone on the stands! :)

GO GOPHERS!!

:M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M:
What are they doing for military appreciation? Ticket discounts or somrthing else?
Last year they gave away drawstring backpacks containing a Marathon gas card, a puck (signed by tBob, IIRC), a stocking cap, a t-shirt, and a pack of collectible cards of that year's team. There hasn't been anything mentioned for this year, but I don't recall them mentioning anything last year, either.

I guess you'll just have to show up, and see what they're giving away.
It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. - Thomas Sowell

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16765
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 392 times
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Jan 24 3:55 pm

I should be able to watch the Sat game. If so Parise help.chat. :mrgreen:
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Vegasgopher » Fri Jan 24 4:52 pm

Interested to see who's in goal, been lafontaine on Fridays mostly but we've struggled 1st game each week. Maybe time to try moe on Friday

Guessing literally 0 fans tonight
Last edited by Vegasgopher on Fri Jan 24 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19605
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 913 times
Been liked: 630 times
Age: 54

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Jan 24 4:55 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jan 24 3:55 pm
I should be able to watch the Sat game. If so Parise help.chat. :mrgreen:
Make sure to use smilies if you do go into chat. :D
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Vegasgopher » Fri Jan 24 5:04 pm



Great to see Nelson back in!!!

User avatar
QueenofGopherHockey
Golden
Golden
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Apr 14 11:04 am
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 15 times
Age: 69

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by QueenofGopherHockey » Fri Jan 24 5:28 pm

00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Jan 23 5:48 am
Well I dont know about you, but I'm still waiting for Glen Sonmor glass eye night myself.

I almost spewed water all over my computer screen!!! :lol: :wave:

QoGH
10 APR 2014 : .06 -- BEST. GAME. EVER.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31690
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 247 times
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by The Rube » Fri Jan 24 6:05 pm

I'll be in chat tonight.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7782
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 463 times
Age: 33

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Jan 24 6:09 pm

grothm01 wrote:
Fri Jan 24 2:27 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:48 am
Happy game day! It’s military appreciation day tonight. But don’t wear too much camo, we need to see someone on the stands! :)

GO GOPHERS!!

:M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M:
What are they doing for military appreciation? Ticket discounts or somrthing else?
Allowing those of us in the arena to show our appreciation to the military members in attendance.

And giving the students the hats I posted above.

glenhogan21
Veteran
Posts: 1206
Joined: Fri Oct 20 8:19 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by glenhogan21 » Fri Jan 24 7:48 pm

Is there a less physical player in college hockey than McManus?!

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7782
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 463 times
Age: 33

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Jan 24 8:30 pm

That was a fun second period. Good energy. Hope it carries over for the next 80+ minutes.

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3941
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 64 times
Age: 60

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Composer » Fri Jan 24 8:31 pm

Gophers with some swagger in the 2nd.

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 90 times
Age: 34

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri Jan 24 8:51 pm

Nappier is giving up some juicy rebounds with his glove tonight.

The Munson, Marooney, and Perbix line has been doing some work in the corners these last two periods.

User avatar
north45
Rookie
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Oct 13 9:43 pm
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by north45 » Fri Jan 24 9:14 pm

Nice win tonight.
" It's difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person. It's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person! " -Bill Murray

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31690
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 247 times
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by The Rube » Fri Jan 24 9:18 pm

Image

:D
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1452
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 131 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by 00xtremeninja » Fri Jan 24 9:39 pm

QueenofGopherHockey wrote:
Fri Jan 24 5:28 pm
00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Jan 23 5:48 am
Well I dont know about you, but I'm still waiting for Glen Sonmor glass eye night myself.

I almost spewed water all over my computer screen!!! :lol: :wave:

QoGH
I wont consider it a job well done until I can get you to projectile laugh water, milk, or soda (not wine, beer, or alcohol because thatd be a watse) onto your computer viewing device. But I will consider this a small victory thus far on my journey lol
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3336
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 200 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Karlsson » Fri Jan 24 9:43 pm

That was fun to watch. Love how heavy they played. Very disruptive.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Jan 24 10:07 pm

What a difference the band and a student section makes. Great win tonight. Ranta is by far the best Gopher player this year. I about burst a vessel on Nanne's give away, but all is forgotten with a win.
Last edited by frozen4champs on Fri Jan 24 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19605
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 913 times
Been liked: 630 times
Age: 54

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Jan 24 10:09 pm

What was amazing about tonight's game is MN was on the wrong end of a lot of weird bounces. I lost track of how many odd man rushes or other great chances were lost due to strange hops.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
sunbone
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8588
Joined: Fri Feb 11 2:18 pm
Location: PWC
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 95 times
Age: 53

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by sunbone » Fri Jan 24 10:10 pm

Fun game to be at. I feel like I haven’t seen a win live in awhile. Slow start but played well in the 2nd and 3rd. Meyers had a nice night. Felt like Walker played better than he has in awhile. Overall thought the Gophers played more physical than they have in some time. Saw a few negatives tonight but I had too much fun to mention them now. :D Go for the sweep!

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5900
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Jan 24 10:23 pm

Nice win by the Gophers tonight! 👍

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2775
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by D2D » Fri Jan 24 10:36 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:07 pm
What a difference the band and a student section makes.
I was surprised at the student turnout. They added a lot of much needed energy in the building.
frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:07 pm

Ranta is by far the best Gopher player this year.
I don't know if it started out that way, in terms of Ranta being the best player, but the kid has been coming on like gangbusters. There were times tonight where he looked like a man among boys - the way he stood out was super impressive, and it seemed like his effort and skill were contagious.

Just a real fun game to be in attendance, and I'm hoping for more of the same tomorrow.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7782
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 463 times
Age: 33

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Jan 24 10:47 pm

Stolen from the write up on Gopher sports:

“Friday's 6-3 win for Minnesota breaks a streak of eight-straight games against the Buckeyes (and nine of the last 10) to end in either a tie or a one-goal game.

The Gophers have now won four of their last five regular-season games and are unbeaten in five of their last six contests.”

Who’da thunk that last part given the mood around here most of the time. 😬
We are slowly building momentum. It might take another year but I feel things are headed in the right direction.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Jan 24 11:00 pm

Ran into tBob at Goodwill this week as he was shopping for clothes. He is really taking the criticism about wearing nice clothes to heart. :D

User avatar
sunbone
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8588
Joined: Fri Feb 11 2:18 pm
Location: PWC
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 95 times
Age: 53

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by sunbone » Fri Jan 24 11:01 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:36 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:07 pm
What a difference the band and a student section makes.
I was surprised at the student turnout. They added a lot of much needed energy in the building.
frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:07 pm

Ranta is by far the best Gopher player this year.
I don't know if it started out that way, in terms of Ranta being the best player, but the kid has been coming on like gangbusters. There were times tonight where he looked like a man among boys - the way he stood out was super impressive, and it seemed like his effort and skill were contagious.

Just a real fun game to be in attendance, and I'm hoping for more of the same tomorrow.
Student section was great, and the band as well. For how few people were there it actually got slightly loud at times.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31690
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 247 times
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by The Rube » Fri Jan 24 11:03 pm

Before tonight, MN had killed of 19-20 previous PPs.

I think they are growing into their own. Time will tell.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Jan 24 11:04 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:47 pm
Stolen from the write up on Gopher sports:

“Friday's 6-3 win for Minnesota breaks a streak of eight-straight games against the Buckeyes (and nine of the last 10) to end in either a tie or a one-goal game.

The Gophers have now won four of their last five regular-season games and are unbeaten in five of their last six contests.”

Who’da thunk that last part given the mood around here most of the time. 😬
We are slowly building momentum. It might take another year but I feel things are headed in the right direction.
Losing to the high schoolers didn’t help.

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2775
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by D2D » Fri Jan 24 11:17 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Jan 24 11:03 pm
Before tonight, MN had killed of 19-20 previous PPs.

I think they are growing into their own. Time will tell.
One thing that was very noticeable tonight, for me at least, was the way the Gophers were getting their sticks on pucks that disrupted Ohio State passes in our zone, both when they were on the PP, and at even strength. Overall we did a great job of degrading what would normally be "Grade A" chances to "Grade C".... ...meaning that our more aggressive - and more physical, defensive play - seriously reduced Ohio State's chances to score on multiple occasions.

Now, if we can only keep this up, and get the sweep....
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31690
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 247 times
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by The Rube » Fri Jan 24 11:19 pm

For at least the first period, it sounded like MN blocked a LOT of shots on D. That is promising. They don't care about pretty D or pretty O. They just want to win, even if ugly.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2775
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by D2D » Fri Jan 24 11:34 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Jan 24 11:19 pm
For at least the first period, it sounded like MN blocked a LOT of shots on D. That is promising. They don't care about pretty D or pretty O. They just want to win, even if ugly.
Perhaps for the first time, I really got the sense that Bob's coaching style is starting to stick and make itself present. We may not be the most talented team out there, especially considering the team's relative youth, but we are starting to make the most of what the team has, which is all at this point we can realistically expect. Hopefully what we are seeing now is the foundation that can be built upon to achieve further success next season.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31690
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 247 times
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by The Rube » Fri Jan 24 11:39 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri Jan 24 11:34 pm
The Rube wrote:
Fri Jan 24 11:19 pm
For at least the first period, it sounded like MN blocked a LOT of shots on D. That is promising. They don't care about pretty D or pretty O. They just want to win, even if ugly.
Perhaps for the first time, I really got the sense that Bob's coaching style is starting to stick and make itself present. We may not be the most talented team out there, especially considering the team's relative youth, but we are starting to make the most of what the team has, which is all at this point we can realistically expect. Hopefully what we are seeing now is the foundation that can be built upon to achieve further success next season.
That's pretty much my line of thought. It's going to take time, patience, and a buy-in from the players. If tonight is any indication, I like where we are headed. But...they have to stay the course.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7782
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 463 times
Age: 33

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Jan 24 11:58 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Jan 24 11:04 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:47 pm
Stolen from the write up on Gopher sports:

“Friday's 6-3 win for Minnesota breaks a streak of eight-straight games against the Buckeyes (and nine of the last 10) to end in either a tie or a one-goal game.

The Gophers have now won four of their last five regular-season games and are unbeaten in five of their last six contests.”

Who’da thunk that last part given the mood around here most of the time. 😬
We are slowly building momentum. It might take another year but I feel things are headed in the right direction.
Losing to the high schoolers didn’t help.
Hence why they used “regular season” games for their stats. :D

Don’t forget, as has been beaten into us - we are a young team. Not much older than those high-schoolers, which I’m told are quite good at hockey.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19605
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 913 times
Been liked: 630 times
Age: 54

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Greyeagle » Sat Jan 25 12:03 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:47 pm
Stolen from the write up on Gopher sports:

“Friday's 6-3 win for Minnesota breaks a streak of eight-straight games against the Buckeyes (and nine of the last 10) to end in either a tie or a one-goal game.

The Gophers have now won four of their last five regular-season games and are unbeaten in five of their last six contests.”

Who’da thunk that last part given the mood around here most of the time. 😬
We are slowly building momentum. It might take another year but I feel things are headed in the right direction.
First you inject your :censored: optimism in the Wild thread and now here. Stop the madness!

:mrgreen:
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7782
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 463 times
Age: 33

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Jan 25 12:06 am

:giggle:

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by gopherfun83 » Sat Jan 25 12:08 am

The Rube wrote:
Fri Jan 24 11:19 pm
For at least the first period, it sounded like MN blocked a LOT of shots on D. That is promising. They don't care about pretty D or pretty O. They just want to win, even if ugly.
4 and 1 in the last 5 games, they need to keep chipping away and get above .500
, but yes promising. Let's hope for another win tomorrow night. Go Gophers!

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16765
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 392 times
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Jan 25 12:12 am

Minnesota hats of to thee...

:M: :M2: :dup: :dance:
Currently under construction.

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10278
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 35 times
Age: 37

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by thinkbui » Sat Jan 25 1:01 am

Nappier was not a happy camper as he was leaving the rink. I didn't hear what was said, but he was barking something at the students right behind the EMTs. The student section did give him a lot of grief after Nelson's goal, but everything I heard was tame, so probably more to do with the poor night he had as a whole. I guess that means we'll see Snowden tomorrow.
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16765
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 392 times
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Jan 25 5:32 am

Currently under construction.

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Jan 25 6:01 am

Saw last night's game as a huge sign of improvement, but then the Astros stole the sign and now I'm not so sure...

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9172
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 48

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Steve MN » Sat Jan 25 8:27 am

https://www.foxsports.com/north/video/1686776387863

Wish they'd shown the overhead view, it would have been a lot clearer what happened, I think.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Doc Holliday
Veteran
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Feb 24 3:44 pm
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Been liked: 7 times
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Doc Holliday » Sat Jan 25 8:36 am

pepper.jpg
pepper.jpg (16.27 KiB) Viewed 3946 times
"True love is hard to find. Sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a $%&@#% magic show ready to double team your girlfriend." -Mitch Martin

User avatar
JoeGopher
Rookie
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Feb 11 12:52 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by JoeGopher » Sat Jan 25 8:38 am

Steve MN wrote:
Sat Jan 25 8:27 am
https://www.foxsports.com/north/video/1686776387863

Wish they'd shown the overhead view, it would have been a lot clearer what happened, I think.
They did show the overhead in the arena and it wasn't until the 2nd time I saw it that I knew it was a good goal. Really hard to catch the puck on Nappier's back as he went across the crease.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14362
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by streakygopher » Sat Jan 25 8:42 am

Steve MN wrote:
Sat Jan 25 8:27 am
https://www.foxsports.com/north/video/1686776387863

Wish they'd shown the overhead view, it would have been a lot clearer what happened, I think.
In the very last frames the puck can be seen falling to the goal line from inside the cage toward the goal mouth. There was no other conclusion to make, but why wasn't there an over head view? :confused2:

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9172
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 48

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Steve MN » Sat Jan 25 8:42 am

JoeGopher wrote:
Sat Jan 25 8:38 am
Steve MN wrote:
Sat Jan 25 8:27 am
https://www.foxsports.com/north/video/1686776387863

Wish they'd shown the overhead view, it would have been a lot clearer what happened, I think.
They did show the overhead in the arena and it wasn't until the 2nd time I saw it that I knew it was a good goal. Really hard to catch the puck on Nappier's back as he went across the crease.
Yeah, sort of saw that in the arena, but that's why I was wanting to see it here too, maybe get a better look
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14362
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by streakygopher » Sat Jan 25 8:45 am

Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:09 pm
What was amazing about tonight's game is MN was on the wrong end of a lot of weird bounces. I lost track of how many odd man rushes or other great chances were lost due to strange hops.
Minnesota has been on the wrong end of weird bounces all season. It ain't the puck. This team fluffs and muffs passes all game long. :wink:

No greater pass muffer on the team than Nanne.

On a more positive subject, that was a nice surprise last night, and for once they played with some rhythm and earned a win.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14362
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by streakygopher » Sat Jan 25 8:52 am

D2D wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:36 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:07 pm
What a difference the band and a student section makes.
I was surprised at the student turnout. They added a lot of much needed energy in the building.
frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:07 pm

Ranta is by far the best Gopher player this year.
I don't know if it started out that way, in terms of Ranta being the best player, but the kid has been coming on like gangbusters. There were times tonight where he looked like a man among boys - the way he stood out was super impressive, and it seemed like his effort and skill were contagious.

Just a real fun game to be in attendance, and I'm hoping for more of the same tomorrow.
Damning with faint praise. :)

He was noticeable last night. I noticed he made a couple very "un-Ranta" plays last night. After penetrating deep into the zone, he actually looked around for someone to pass to. Once he figures that out, he will become a much better player.

How about Nelson just exploding up the middle with the puck last night? He also had a couple nice body checks. He's a bit of a Baby Huey project, but if the kid can gain some confidence he has a nice skating stride, a long stick, a big body and good hands to go with it.

puckluck
Rookie
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jul 14 4:24 pm
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by puckluck » Sat Jan 25 9:16 am

streakygopher wrote:
Sat Jan 25 8:52 am
[quote=D2D post_id=940555 time=<a href="tel:1579926974">1579926974</a> user_id=4593]
[quote=frozen4champs post_id=940547 time=<a href="tel:1579925271">1579925271</a> user_id=343]
What a difference the band and a student section makes.
I was surprised at the student turnout. They added a lot of much needed energy in the building.
[quote=frozen4champs post_id=940547 time=<a href="tel:1579925271">1579925271</a> user_id=343]
Ranta is by far the best Gopher player this year.[/quote]
I don't know if it started out that way, in terms of Ranta being the best player, but the kid has been coming on like gangbusters. There were times tonight where he looked like a man among boys - the way he stood out was super impressive, and it seemed like his effort and skill were contagious.

Just a real fun game to be in attendance, and I'm hoping for more of the same tomorrow.
[/quote]

Damning with faint praise. :)

He was noticeable last night. I noticed he made a couple very "un-Ranta" plays last night. After penetrating deep into the zone, he actually looked around for someone to pass to. Once he figures that out, he will become a much better player.

How about Nelson just exploding up the middle with the puck last night? He also had a couple nice body checks. He's a bit of a Baby Huey project, but if the kid can gain some confidence he has a nice skating stride, a long stick, a big body and good hands to go with it.
[/quote]

Agreed. First time I think we’ve seen him impose his size a bit more. Glad he got rewarded with a little puck luck for his efforts.

I don’t recall us being that physical as a whole either so it was surely part of their game plan I’d think. Loved watching their play!

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Jan 25 9:32 am

Have to give the Gophers credit for coming back and not folding after the Nanne gaffe. Earlier this year that would have caused the roof to cave in. I also thought Brodzinski had a good game, and the one move around the d was a thing of beauty. He just needs to finish. I would guess Moe gets the game tonight. I hope that there is no letdown tonight and continue this mini run. #WinOneForTheWooger

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 3090
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 126 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Kelly Red » Sat Jan 25 10:07 am

It was a very fun game. As others have said, they looked good. Passes are much better, they are seeing where their team mates are (god I hated those bad blind passes), they were aggressive. Nice check into the Ohio bench, that riled up the crowd! They were on Ohio like burrs on a dog. As tBob commented earlier, they played with swagger. Ohio was pissed off and it didn’t help them. The little tantrum after the first ENG was a sweet sight to witness.
That said, Ohio will be out for blood tonight, BUT last night showed we have the stuff, now do it again! :dup:

We’ll be in sec 17, row 9, seats 9-10. I’ll be wearing the obnoxious blaze orange parka. Come say hi!
If liars pants did catch on fire, watching the news would be so much more fun!

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5900
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jan 25 11:05 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Jan 24 11:04 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:47 pm
Stolen from the write up on Gopher sports:

“Friday's 6-3 win for Minnesota breaks a streak of eight-straight games against the Buckeyes (and nine of the last 10) to end in either a tie or a one-goal game.

The Gophers have now won four of their last five regular-season games and are unbeaten in five of their last six contests.”

Who’da thunk that last part given the mood around here most of the time. 😬
We are slowly building momentum. It might take another year but I feel things are headed in the right direction.
Losing to the high schoolers didn’t help.
Yeah, but that game is meaningless to a college team, although not to the NTDPers. ☝️

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10278
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 35 times
Age: 37

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by thinkbui » Sat Jan 25 1:04 pm

Given that it wasn't a 1-goal game only by virtue of the 2 ENGs, we haven't really broken the pattern of tight games against OSU.

Though it came close to not being one with those ENGs removed.
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by Bertogliat » Sat Jan 25 2:14 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Jan 25 11:05 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Jan 24 11:04 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:47 pm
Stolen from the write up on Gopher sports:

“Friday's 6-3 win for Minnesota breaks a streak of eight-straight games against the Buckeyes (and nine of the last 10) to end in either a tie or a one-goal game.

The Gophers have now won four of their last five regular-season games and are unbeaten in five of their last six contests.”

Who’da thunk that last part given the mood around here most of the time. 😬
We are slowly building momentum. It might take another year but I feel things are headed in the right direction.
Losing to the high schoolers didn’t help.
Yeah, but that game is meaningless to a college team, although not to the NTDPers. ☝️
That didn’t stop good Gophers teams in the past

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5900
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jan 25 2:36 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Sat Jan 25 2:14 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Jan 25 11:05 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Jan 24 11:04 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 24 10:47 pm
Stolen from the write up on Gopher sports:

“Friday's 6-3 win for Minnesota breaks a streak of eight-straight games against the Buckeyes (and nine of the last 10) to end in either a tie or a one-goal game.

The Gophers have now won four of their last five regular-season games and are unbeaten in five of their last six contests.”

Who’da thunk that last part given the mood around here most of the time. 😬
We are slowly building momentum. It might take another year but I feel things are headed in the right direction.
Losing to the high schoolers didn’t help.
Yeah, but that game is meaningless to a college team, although not to the NTDPers. ☝️
That didn’t stop good Gophers teams in the past
Didn’t stop tDogs from brushing aside a loss to them last year & finishing with a happy ending (either) 😉

upnorthkid
Rookie
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Apr 19 6:45 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by upnorthkid » Sat Jan 25 7:01 pm

Just watched Friday nights game (had It on tape delay due to some family things).

1st period was tough. Refs did not help the Gophs out at all. Really took away their edge early (Ranta penalty was absolutely garbage) as the Gophers came out far more physical (Meyers hit on Ege was wonderful, long time since I've seen that type of check finished by a Gopher). Seemed like it put Gophers back on their heels and made them defend throughout the period. Meyers goal at end of the period was a beauty. Last from the first, our PP is absolutely awful. No confidence. Having to rely on skating to try create space rather than passing and moving players. Whoever is in charge of that needs to seriously re-evaluate what they're doing.
2nd period: rough goal to give up early in the 2nd. Were seemingly starting to force play more and a bad TO kills em. The 4th line (and this was carry over from the 1st) has pretty low level of talent, but the effort is outstanding. And that goes a damn long way. Really loved seeing them box OSU in their own end a couple times purely through effort. Sampo Ranta has all the makings of being absolutely dominant at the college level. He, along with Walker and McLaughlin, are the keys to this team being really difficult to play against in the 2nd half to me. Gophers finally just showed what they can be when they want it more, move their feet, and finish checks. Was overall a really fun period.
the end to end action to start the 3rd was highly entertaining. Part of me says I wish they would tighten up when they're up a goal, but I do also like the not taking the foot off the gas when you're penning the other team in. Was really nice to see Nelson get a pure effort goal, even if it was flukey. I thought he's shown some great drive and finish. Really excited to see him over the 2nd half.
Overall huge win to get. Hope we can sweep tonight

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7806
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 191 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Gophers vs Buckeyes Jan 24-25

Post by JWG » Sat Jan 25 7:49 pm

Look great so far.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Post Reply