Gophers vs Dogs

Talk about the current Gopher Hockey team....
gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Gophers vs Dogs

Post by gopher6 » Sun Oct 20 10:10 am

next weekend should be fun I hope the corporate no shows show up

Added by Jup
Friday
TV: FSN Plus
Video Stream: FoxSportsGo
Radio: AM 1130
Audio Stream: iHeart Radio News Talk 1130

Saturday
TV: Fox9 +
Video Stream: NCHC.TV
Radio: AM 1130
Audio Stream: iHeart Radio News Talk 1130

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Gophers vs Dogs

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Oct 20 11:04 am

gopher6 wrote:
Sun Oct 20 10:10 am
If the 15 of 20 returning players (who took the ice against U Mass) had lost that ole chip on the shoulder...it’s been wiped away getting swept by BADgers SUCK. And unlike the past two season openers, the Gophers will be facing some angry Dogs this weekend. But after scoring only 7 goals in 4 games, if tUMD doesn’t get that corrected immediately, pissed off & chip on the shoulder...won’t matter next weekend ☝️
Last edited by bearpaw28 on Sun Oct 20 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by ex_goldy » Sun Oct 20 11:05 am

And UMD fans don’t take their seats. With their fan interest as high as ever this could be a mostly UMD filled stadium.

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Jupiter » Sun Oct 20 11:06 am

Damn.... I wanted to start the thread with the usual media info.

So I may edit the first post to include that info once I get motivated

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Oct 20 11:09 am

There will be a lot of UMD fans in the "stadium" just like there will be a ton of UND fans the day after Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving game isn't selling as well. No surprise.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Grovetown Scotty
Rookie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Oct 20 11:42 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Oct 20 11:04 am
gopher6 wrote:
Sun Oct 20 10:10 am
If the 15 of 20 returning players (who took the ice against U Mass) had lost that ole chip on the shoulder...it’s been wiped away getting swept by BADgers SUCK SUCK. And unlike the past two season openers, the Gophers will be facing some angry Dogs this weekend. But after scoring only 7 goals in 4 games, if tUMD doesn’t get that corrected immediately, pissed off & chip on the shoulder...won’t matter next weekend ☝️
Key to the weekend for the Gophers will be how their young defensemen will be able to handle the Bulldog forecheck.

gopherfun83
Rookie
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by gopherfun83 » Sun Oct 20 12:51 pm

A split would be nice, a sweep would be grand! The Gophers will need to practice, passing and the power play this week. Go Gophers!

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Steve MN » Sun Oct 20 1:37 pm

In case anyone is interested, there are still scattered singles available at Amsoil.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

gopherfun83
Rookie

Post by gopherfun83 » Sun Oct 20 9:37 pm

The College Hockey News app shows Saturday's game is on my 9. Is that the same as channel 9+ here?

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by The Rube » Sun Oct 20 9:42 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Oct 20 12:51 pm
A split would be nice, a sweep would be grand! The Gophers will need to practice, passing and the power play this week. Go Gophers!
Would be happy with a split, would be ecstatic with a sweep.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Oct 20 9:54 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Oct 20 9:37 pm
The College Hockey News app shows Saturday's game is on my 9. Is that the same as channel 9+ here?
I think it’s a local channel in Duluth (my 9)

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Oct 20 10:02 pm

My YTTV shows My29 for Saturday's game
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

fishingmn
Golden
Golden

Post by fishingmn » Mon Oct 21 6:07 am

gopherfun83 wrote:
Must be - it actually shows up as coming in "Over the Air" on channel 9-2 if any of you have rabbit ears.
Helping buyers and sellers of real estate in the south and west metro.

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Norm » Mon Oct 21 8:45 am

fishingmn wrote:
Mon Oct 21 6:07 am
gopherfun83 wrote:
Must be - it actually shows up as coming in "Over the Air" on channel 9-2 if any of you have rabbit ears.
I think it's ch 29 here. If so, I get to watch.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 215 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Oct 21 9:05 am

On the road? UMD? I don't see a single point this weekend. The Gophers have this unique habit now of turning any game against an in-state rival into their own house of horrors.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

Cardinal
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Cardinal » Mon Oct 21 9:07 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Oct 21 9:05 am
On the road? UMD? I don't see a single point this weekend. The Gophers have this unique habit now of turning any game against an in-state rival into their own house of horrors.
For being such a die-hard fan, figured you'd know it's a home-and-home. Gophers also tied and beat them in two games last season. Good post though.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 215 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Oct 21 9:10 am

Cardinal wrote:
Mon Oct 21 9:07 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Oct 21 9:05 am
For being such a die-hard fan, figured you'd know it's a home-and-home. Gophers also tied and beat them in two games last season. Good post though.
I don't pay much attention to the schedule. My bad.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Vegasgopher » Mon Oct 21 9:57 am

I'd take a split right now and run...

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Oct 21 10:03 am

Anyone that wouldn't take a split and run is delusional

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Mon Oct 21 11:11 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Oct 21 10:03 am
Anyone that wouldn't take a split and run is delusional
Dilusional people on a fan message board??? Blasphemous

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by JWG » Mon Oct 21 12:00 pm

Hoping for a split. This will be an angry UMD team coming off a 1-3 start and while I like our team, the competition level changes dramatically this weekend. I think we get caught with our pants down one night in a lopsided loss.
JWG
[This space for rent]

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Oct 21 3:07 pm

JWG wrote:
Mon Oct 21 12:00 pm
Hoping for a split. This will be an angry UMD team coming off a 1-3 start and while I like our team, the competition level changes dramatically this weekend. I think we get caught with our pants down one night in a lopsided loss.
Friday night will be interesting. Big ice sheet (although UMD played on a 97 foot wide sheet at Kohl). It’s clear Mikey Anderson was a huge loss, Samberg has not been the same (so far) without him as his partner. And Parker Mackay was arguably their most clutch player past 2 years, he’s playing with Tufte on Dallas AHL team this year. 7 goals in 4 games won’t cut it offensively, others need to step up big time. Expecting a full house both Friday & Saturday, will be fun. BADgers SUCK are good, loss Friday didn’t bother me (since Perun & Lellig were ejected in 1st period) but losing 3-1 (en) Saturday, showed me BADgers SUCK are hugely improved from Eaves days. Their foreign born goalie played well too.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Oct 21 3:41 pm

The early part of the season is all about gaining experience and confidence. I know Shepards numbers are not like years past, but he is a world class goalie and if they beat him once, that would be great. Would love to see Brodzinski get his 1st goal this weekend. Also, if they come out flat on Friday like last week, they will get blown out of the building.

mjarz02
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by mjarz02 » Mon Oct 21 4:00 pm

So far this team has met expectations with a split at CC and sweep at home. Split the series with UMD and they are off to a great start. Like others have mentioned, UMD will be well represented in the stands. They are at the peak of their program's success and the Gophers are working to rebuild again.

I have a feeling UMD's defensemen are going to really aggressive and with the large ice sheet, we have to be ready to counter on Friday night.

Biddco
Veteran

Post by Biddco » Mon Oct 21 4:42 pm

Always a fun series. Will be interesting to see how UMD plays after being swept in Wisconsin. There should be lots of Bulldog fans in Minneapolis on Friday.
:ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Oct 21 4:50 pm

Officially made a bet with a friend (tUMD fan) but the only way one of us wins is with a sweep by our respective teams. We both are thinking split.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Oct 21 4:55 pm

Hope you didn't bet the same amount

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Oct 21 7:03 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Oct 21 4:55 pm
Hope you didn't bet the same amount
We bet a beer. Oh, should clarify, a normal tap beer at LTD. Nothing crazy like some of the bottles I buy. :wink:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Oct 21 7:44 pm

Screw the Dogs. Gophers sweep!
Currently under construction.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Oct 21 9:19 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Mon Oct 21 7:44 pm
Screw the Dogs. Gophers sweep!
lol :wink:

5 O.T.
Veteran
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by 5 O.T. » Tue Oct 22 8:18 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Oct 21 3:07 pm
JWG wrote:
Friday night will be interesting. Big ice sheet (although UMD played on a 97 foot wide sheet at Kohl). It’s clear Mikey Anderson was a huge loss, Samberg has not been the same (so far) without him as his partner. And Parker Mackay was arguably their most clutch player past 2 years, he’s playing with Tufte on Dallas AHL team this year. 7 goals in 4 games won’t cut it offensively, others need to step up big time. Expecting a full house both Friday & Saturday, will be fun. BADgers SUCK SUCK are good, loss Friday didn’t bother me (since Perun & Lellig were ejected in 1st period) but losing 3-1 (en) Saturday, showed me BADgers SUCK SUCK are hugely improved from Eaves days. Their foreign born goalie played well too.
Any word on Laderoute? Saw him get slew-footed on Friday night and he went hard into the end boards. Looked like it may have been an ankle sprain.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Oct 22 9:45 am

5 O.T. wrote:
Tue Oct 22 8:18 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Oct 21 3:07 pm
JWG wrote:
Friday night will be interesting. Big ice sheet (although UMD played on a 97 foot wide sheet at Kohl). It’s clear Mikey Anderson was a huge loss, Samberg has not been the same (so far) without him as his partner. And Parker Mackay was arguably their most clutch player past 2 years, he’s playing with Tufte on Dallas AHL team this year. 7 goals in 4 games won’t cut it offensively, others need to step up big time. Expecting a full house both Friday & Saturday, will be fun. BADgers SUCK SUCK SUCK are good, loss Friday didn’t bother me (since Perun & Lellig were ejected in 1st period) but losing 3-1 (en) Saturday, showed me BADgers SUCK SUCK SUCK are hugely improved from Eaves days. Their foreign born goalie played well too.
Any word on Laderoute? Saw him get slew-footed on Friday night and he went hard into the end boards. Looked like it may have been an ankle sprain.
Laderoute & freshman Quinn Olson missed last Saturday, Olson has been out with upper body injury )from 1st game vs Lowell).Not sure if either plays this weekend, seems doubtful for Laderoute. tUMD rostered only 14 forwards, so it was all on board last Saturday.

team22tank
Veteran
Been liked: 29 times

Post by team22tank » Tue Oct 22 2:00 pm

Is Hammy still around?

thinkbui
Veteran

Post by thinkbui » Tue Oct 22 2:47 pm

Norm wrote:
Mon Oct 21 8:45 am
fishingmn wrote:
Mon Oct 21 6:07 am
gopherfun83 wrote:
I think it's ch 29 here. If so, I get to watch.
If anyone's still wondering, DirecTV has it on WTFC 29, which probably means 29 for DISH as well and 10 for most cable subscribers.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Oct 22 3:14 pm

team22tank wrote:
Tue Oct 22 2:00 pm
Is Hammy still around?
He still does the podcast. He said he really doesn't post that often anymore because of a couple of reasons.

gopherfun83
Rookie

Post by gopherfun83 » Tue Oct 22 6:09 pm

After checking it looks like the Gophers have the biggest avg. sized team this year 193.9 lbs. 6'1". Not sure if this has any impact overall, but UMD always seems to have high average numbers and this year the Gophers are even ahead of UMD. Really hoping for a Gophers sweep this weekend!

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Tue Oct 22 7:05 pm

Looks like Nanne practiced today and Motzko told Jess Meyers he expects him to play this weekend.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Oct 22 7:07 pm

Good to have a serviceable 7th D (not saying he is the 7th) as it seems the young guys can often do something dumb and get the boot during these first few big games of their careers.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Oct 23 8:42 am

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2019/1 ... ota-duluth Chris Dilks article following the UM-Lowell series

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 74 times

Post by D2D » Wed Oct 23 12:26 pm

Gophers men's hockey team embraces challenge of 'ornery' UMD
http://www.startribune.com/gophers-men-s-hockey-team-embraces-challenge-of-ornery-bulldogs/563661962/

* Gophers senior co-captain Tyler Nanne, who suffered an upper-body injury when he went hard into the boards on Saturday, practiced with the non-contact red cross jersey. Motzko said Nanne “would be fine to go’’ for the UMD series.

* The Gophers’ Dec. 6 game at Ohio State will have a 7 p.m. (Central) starting time and will be televised by BTN. The Dec. 7 game against the Buckeyes is the only remaining game on the Gophers’ schedule that will not be televised in some form or another.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Oct 23 12:30 pm

Saturday at Notre Dame is still not confirmed for TV I thought

Laxref
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Laxref » Wed Oct 23 12:48 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Wed Oct 23 12:30 pm
It’s avalible via Comcast Sports Chicago, however I have noticed nhl network has picked up the finale of both Notre Dame home series this year so hopefully that happens.

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Vegoe » Wed Oct 23 1:22 pm

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 0454469152

Around 13 min discussion on getting pucks deep.

'The one period, the second period Friday night, where we got into our turnovers, where we started to play cute and not get pucks to the goal line. I really believe our guys have a good understanding right now what our game looks like with a four line attack and that means when the coach says get it to the goal line, it's not dump every puck. You can skate it. You have to attack the offensive zone. Whether you attack it on the rush, you attack it by dumping a puck in good areas, where you're on the attack, it's a stat that every NHL team is tracking right now, your zone entries and how you get pucks deep... it makes us a better defensive team, it gets you in the game, when we get away from that we found ourselves where we fall asleep on the bench because now your having unsuccessful shifts.'

Key this weekend will be avoiding being cute in the neutral zone, UMD makes it pretty tough through there and Gophers can't fall into the trap of feeding their transition game.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Oct 23 4:32 pm

2-8-1 against UMD last five seasons including an eight loss streak
BUT
Bob's teams are 1-0-1 against them

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Vegoe » Wed Oct 23 4:33 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Wed Oct 23 4:32 pm
2-8-1 against UMD last five seasons including an eight loss streak
BUT
Bob's teams are 1-0-1 against them
They also were swept in their home and home with Minnesota State last year -- so 1-2-1 in-state. He knows how important this weekend is for the program.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Oct 23 7:11 pm

The Lucia Three Years Too Many record against MN teams was absolutely pathetic.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Wed Oct 23 7:19 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Wed Oct 23 12:30 pm
It shows up on my Comcast guide.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Wed Oct 23 7:37 pm

Anyone seen any possibility of seeing Saturday game on DIRECTV from out of state? Thinking I'm toast and listening to Wally and frank

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Vegoe » Wed Oct 23 7:40 pm

Vegasgopher wrote:
Wed Oct 23 7:37 pm
Anyone seen any possibility of seeing Saturday game on DIRECTV from out of state? Thinking I'm toast and listening to Wally and frank
I think NCHC.tv gets it. Remember the team you pick as your affiliate gets a bonus ;)

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Wed Oct 23 7:43 pm

Thank you sir....

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Oct 24 11:18 am

Steve MN wrote:
Sun Oct 20 1:37 pm
In case anyone is interested, there are still scattered singles available at Amsoil.
Got my ticket today 👍 and some singles are still available

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Oct 24 10:59 pm

DNT pre-series article with a few quotes ☝️ https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sport ... al-Gophers

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Oct 25 9:39 am

Is everyone here just holding their breath? I’m so excited for this weekend I couldn’t sleep!

IT’S GOPHER HOCKEY GAME DAY!!

Let’s send those dogs back north tonight with their tails between their legs and then finish ‘em off tomorrow. :club:

Looking forward to a fun series!

GO GOPHERS!! :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2: :M: :M2:

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by JWG » Fri Oct 25 9:53 am

USCHO writers for NCHC predicts a split, writers for B1G have a split and a UMD sweep...
Here's hoping no one is right and we sweep...
Last edited by JWG on Fri Oct 25 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JWG
[This space for rent]

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Oct 25 9:56 am

GAME DAY 👍😀 Go Dogs 🐶 Go...Aside from the postseason..,my favorite weekend of the season ☝️
Last edited by bearpaw28 on Fri Oct 25 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Oct 25 9:57 am

Similar to the last couple years I'm not holding my breath going into this series because realistically we should lose both games. It's actually not a bad feeling because it's low stress and any good result is a big bonus.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Fri Oct 25 9:58 am

Wish we had a "thumbs down" button...

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Fri Oct 25 10:00 am

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Oct 25 10:02 am

Jupiter wrote:
Fri Oct 25 10:00 am
100% Accurate...LMAO 😂

Grovetown Scotty
Rookie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Fri Oct 25 10:03 am

My first game in person this year. Really looking forward to this one. Was at the 1-1 tie at Amsoil last year. Dogs will have a chip on their shoulder after getting swept by the BADgers SUCK. Again I think the Gophers success will be determined by how the young d-men can handle the Dogs forecheck. Is Nanne playing tonight?

Norm
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Norm » Fri Oct 25 10:23 am

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri Oct 25 10:03 am
My first game in person this year. Really looking forward to this one. Was at the 1-1 tie at Amsoil last year. Dogs will have a chip on their shoulder after getting swept by the BADgers SUCK SUCK. Again I think the Gophers success will be determined by how the young d-men can handle the Dogs forecheck. Is Nanne playing tonight?
Motzko says Nanne is ready to go.

Sat. game is on ch 29. (at least on the tv guide)
Last edited by Norm on Fri Oct 25 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Oct 25 10:30 am

D2D wrote:
Fri Oct 25 9:58 am
Wish we had a "thumbs down" button...
There is a block feature.....

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Oct 25 11:46 am

I didn't say I'm not excited lol and I'm going to both games which is more than most of you can say. Pretty sure at least one podcast guy predicted a sweep by CC.

I'm hoping for a split and damn excited for both games. But if there were odds on the games, yes UMD would be favorite in both. So I don't go into Amsoil with the nervousness I felt in the past.

That's why they play the games... Once the puck drops odds and pre game talk means nada.

GopherPete
Veteran
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by GopherPete » Fri Oct 25 2:36 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Oct 25 9:39 am
Is everyone here just holding their breath? I’m so excited for this weekend I couldn’t sleep!

Let’s send those dogs back north tonight with their tails between their legs and then finish ‘em off tomorrow. :club:

For some reason when I first read that, I replaced tails with balls :shock: :shock: Thought cowgirl was getting really fired up :lol:

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Steve MN » Fri Oct 25 2:56 pm

Norm wrote:
Fri Oct 25 10:23 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri Oct 25 10:03 am
My first game in person this year. Really looking forward to this one. Was at the 1-1 tie at Amsoil last year. Dogs will have a chip on their shoulder after getting swept by the BADgers SUCK SUCK SUCK. Again I think the Gophers success will be determined by how the young d-men can handle the Dogs forecheck. Is Nanne playing tonight?
Motzko says Nanne is ready to go.

Sat. game is on ch 29. (at least on the tv guide)
Hmmm... does quoting that end up appending extra suckage?

EDIT: It does :rotflmao:
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Oct 25 4:46 pm

By judging the fans at the bars for pregame beers, DULUTH will have quite a few fans at the game.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Oct 25 5:40 pm

GopherPete wrote:
Fri Oct 25 2:36 pm
Cowgirl wrote:

For some reason when I first read that, I replaced tails with balls :shock: :shock: Thought cowgirl was getting really fired up :lol:
I thought about saying let’s neuter the dogs....so if anything they’d be going home without their balls between their legs.
:lol:

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Oct 25 6:24 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Oct 25 5:40 pm
GopherPete wrote:
Fri Oct 25 2:36 pm
Cowgirl wrote:

I thought about saying let’s neuter the dogs....so if anything they’d be going home without their balls between their legs.
:lol:
tDogs may not win tonight, but not much chance of that 😉 😅

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Fri Oct 25 6:26 pm

Not sure that Wally will make it through the game tonight on radio.... He sounds worse than he did last week.

magoose
Golden
Golden

Post by magoose » Fri Oct 25 6:44 pm

Bring on them Dogs. I’m excited for the game starting up in just a few.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri Oct 25 6:47 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Fri Oct 25 6:26 pm
Not sure that Wally will make it through the game tonight on radio.... He sounds worse than he did last week.
Good thing Frank has experience with PxP.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Oct 25 6:52 pm

Chat will be up tonight, as usual.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Oct 25 7:23 pm

HUGE save by Lafontaine...TWO of them ☝️

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Oct 25 7:34 pm

A free wheeling period...fun game to watch so far....both with one PP, but refs pretty much letting them play.

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 169 times

Post by Handyman » Fri Oct 25 7:35 pm

The Gophers have zero idea what to do offensively. They look completely clueless out there.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017