2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Talk about the current Gopher Hockey team....
Post Reply
User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13879
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Jun 22 2:19 pm

No thanks we don't need to be that directly associated with that franchise
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5515
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jun 22 2:21 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sat Jun 22 2:19 pm
No thanks we don't need to be that directly associated with that franchise
It’s not like you got a choice...They’ll probably snap up another Gopher before the day is done 😉

maroon_and_gold
Veteran
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed Jan 31 3:59 pm
Been liked: 8 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by maroon_and_gold » Sat Jun 22 2:29 pm

Buffalo is gopher country.

Where’s RatherBeGolfing

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13879
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Jun 22 3:33 pm

Brinkman 173 Dallas
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13879
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Jun 22 7:08 pm

The draft picks and how I think they could enter the lineup:
McLaughlin, Walker, Ranta, Perbix, Brodzinski all top 9
Reedy maybe top 9 if he makes progress
Undrafted McManus, Burke, and Meyers round out top 9

D:
Nanne, Zuhls, Brinkman, Lacombe, and Johnson in every night
Stucker drafted but rotates with Rossini, Denman, and Staudacher until someone wins it. I could see one transfering at halfway point.

Both goalies drafted, let's see who wins out
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

glenhogan21
Veteran
Posts: 1107
Joined: Fri Oct 20 8:19 pm
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by glenhogan21 » Sat Jun 22 8:09 pm

Reedy will be top 9, Motzko said he liked his heaviness at Center. I think it’s likely he can play his way into #2 center.

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by gopherfun83 » Sat Jun 22 8:32 pm

Hopefully a few of this years Gophers will play in Da Beauty league coming up July 10th. Can't wait!

https://www.dabeautyleague.com

User avatar
gopheritall
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Mar 25 10:09 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 5 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by gopheritall » Sat Jun 22 9:40 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Sat Jun 22 8:32 pm
Hopefully a few of this years Gophers will play in Da Beauty league coming up July 10th. Can't wait!

https://www.dabeautyleague.com
Bring on Da Beauty League!

User avatar
Cardinal
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5554
Joined: Sun Apr 13 9:05 pm
Been liked: 28 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Cardinal » Mon Jun 24 8:03 pm

Looks like Ben Meyers will be at Philly's development camp this week along with Brodzinski.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5019
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by J22 » Mon Jun 24 10:16 pm

Cardinal wrote:
Mon Jun 24 8:03 pm
Looks like Ben Meyers will be at Philly's development camp this week along with Brodzinski.
Pinoniemi is going to the Vegas camp
https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/news/ ... -308023520

User avatar
midevil bowievil
Veteran
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Feb 17 6:32 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by midevil bowievil » Mon Jun 24 11:23 pm

Does a player ever come in for his freshman season and then get asked to go back to juniors the next season? I heard that was going to happen.

maroon_and_gold
Veteran
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed Jan 31 3:59 pm
Been liked: 8 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by maroon_and_gold » Mon Jun 24 11:51 pm

midevil bowievil wrote:
Mon Jun 24 11:23 pm
Does a player ever come in for his freshman season and then get asked to go back to juniors the next season? I heard that was going to happen.
With who?

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13879
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Jun 25 12:08 am

Why would you waste a year for someone to do that?
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
midevil bowievil
Veteran
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Feb 17 6:32 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by midevil bowievil » Tue Jun 25 1:07 am

maroon_and_gold wrote:
Mon Jun 24 11:51 pm
midevil bowievil wrote:
Mon Jun 24 11:23 pm
Does a player ever come in for his freshman season and then get asked to go back to juniors the next season? I heard that was going to happen.
With who?
I don't know, I didn't ask. I had a short conversation about this season with a players parent.

User avatar
Sioux Suck
Rookie
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Feb 16 8:58 am
Location: Bloomington
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Sioux Suck » Tue Jun 25 11:27 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Jun 22 2:16 pm
Sabre’s select Johnson 31st & Huglen 102nd (after taking Casey 8th in 2017). Buffalo is turning into Gopher Hockey East.
"A president was shot in Buffalo. His dying words were, 'Thank God, I can get the f*** out of Buffalo.'" - Louis CK

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1043
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 25 times
Age: 34

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Laxref » Wed Jun 26 2:17 pm

Pretty good offseason interview with Motzko, one hilarious Lucia story too.

https://www.skornorth.com/skor-north-ho ... ob-motzko/

User avatar
grothm01
Rookie
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Oct 13 1:13 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times
Age: 76

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by grothm01 » Wed Jun 26 3:56 pm

Is it possible to get printed version or closed captioning for podcasts?

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15921
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 224 times
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Jun 26 4:04 pm

Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 26 2:17 pm
Pretty good offseason interview with Motzko, one hilarious Lucia story too.

https://www.skornorth.com/skor-north-ho ... ob-motzko/
That was a pretty funny answer to what I thought was a pretty stupid question. :mrgreen:
Currently under construction.

RatherBeGolfing
Veteran
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Jan 15 5:13 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by RatherBeGolfing » Fri Jun 28 8:19 am

maroon_and_gold wrote:
Sat Jun 22 2:29 pm
Buffalo is gopher country.

Where’s RatherBeGolfing
Thank you for jumping in and continuing the bit

Teamwork makes the dream work!

GopherPete
Veteran
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Apr 09 10:47 am
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by GopherPete » Fri Jun 28 10:36 am

RatherBeGolfing wrote:
Fri Jun 28 8:19 am
maroon_and_gold wrote:
Sat Jun 22 2:29 pm
Buffalo is gopher country.

Where’s RatherBeGolfing
Thank you for jumping in and continuing the bit

Teamwork makes the dream work!
Must have been golfing?

RatherBeGolfing
Veteran
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Jan 15 5:13 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by RatherBeGolfing » Fri Jun 28 10:59 am

GopherPete wrote:
Fri Jun 28 10:36 am
RatherBeGolfing wrote:
Fri Jun 28 8:19 am
maroon_and_gold wrote:
Sat Jun 22 2:29 pm
Buffalo is gopher country.

Where’s RatherBeGolfing
Thank you for jumping in and continuing the bit

Teamwork makes the dream work!
Must have been golfing?
*Changes name to ActuallyWasGolfingThisTime*

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by gopherfun83 » Sun Jun 30 1:47 pm

At $17.69 each for a movie ticket, just to see a movie. Gopher hockey tickets are a bargain. Also starting 7/10 you can see 3 beauty league games for $10 this summer at Braemer. I can hardly wait for the Gophers season to start.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13879
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Jun 30 2:15 pm

You're getting ripped off on your movie tickets.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28480
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 263 times
Been liked: 324 times
Age: 39

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Handyman » Sun Jun 30 3:53 pm

Where the heck are you paying that price for a movie ticket?
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by gopherfun83 » Sun Jun 30 4:56 pm

Handyman wrote:
Sun Jun 30 3:53 pm
Where the heck are you paying that price for a movie ticket?
AMC Rosedale online price
Adult
$17.69 USD

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/anna ... l/81699180

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13879
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Jun 30 5:09 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Jun 30 4:56 pm
Handyman wrote:
Sun Jun 30 3:53 pm
Where the heck are you paying that price for a movie ticket?
AMC Rosedale online price
Adult
$17.69 USD

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/anna ... l/81699180
It's less than 22 dollars a month to get three movies a week from any AMC, any seat, any showtime, any special theater type. You're getting ripped off if you buy that ticket, but thanks because you are the reason the app is so cheap.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by gopherfun83 » Sun Jun 30 5:32 pm

Here is a link for some of the players expected to attend the beauty league this year. Alot of Gophers alumni, and players from MN, there are always a few current Gopher players as well, but so far the official rosters are not listed.
https://www.nhl.com/news/professional-c ... -290367840

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13879
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Jun 30 5:35 pm

That article is from 2017
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by gopherfun83 » Sun Jun 30 5:46 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Jun 30 5:35 pm
That article is from 2017
Thanks, I just noticed that

https://www.dabeautyleague.com/roster/p ... 96905-tria

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28480
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 263 times
Been liked: 324 times
Age: 39

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Handyman » Sun Jun 30 8:34 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Jun 30 4:56 pm
Handyman wrote:
Sun Jun 30 3:53 pm
Where the heck are you paying that price for a movie ticket?
AMC Rosedale online price
Adult
$17.69 USD

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/anna ... l/81699180
I go to the AMC Arbor Lakes all the time and never pay close to that unless it is IMAX 3D on a Friday night or something.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by gopherfun83 » Mon Jul 01 9:52 am

gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Jun 30 5:46 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Jun 30 5:35 pm
That article is from 2017
Thanks, I just noticed that

https://www.dabeautyleague.com/roster/p ... 96905-tria
Here are actually the most recent updates for this years returning players.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaBeautyLeague

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13879
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Jul 02 12:23 am

Per Vegoe, 3,975 ST packages have been sold down from 4,949 last year. 77% renewal rate. I think 3,975 includes new ST that have already come in, because that doesn't equal 77%. So lost about 1150 and so far gained about 150 new.

Prepare for many promotional prices on single game tickets.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Magic
Rookie
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 11 12:02 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Magic » Tue Jul 02 10:29 am

Many of us expected a decline in STHs. They can recoup some of those lost dollars by keeping prices down on the mini packs. The $500 low demand seating season tickets was a good start, but I felt many “Gift” Donation STHs were ticked off they didnt get a price cut and decided to leave.

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1043
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 25 times
Age: 34

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Laxref » Mon Jul 08 10:03 am

Someone touched on this a little while back but has anyone heard anything about the Doug McLeod situation for next year? I mean the incompetence plus the idiocy of his state tournament incident had to be the end for him right?

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3125
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Norm » Mon Jul 08 12:33 pm

Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 08 10:03 am
Someone touched on this a little while back but has anyone heard anything about the Doug McLeod situation for next year? I mean the incompetence plus the idiocy of his state tournament incident had to be the end for him right?
He's pretty much been able to "side saddle" the state tourney incident.

upnorthkid
Rookie
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Apr 19 6:45 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by upnorthkid » Tue Jul 09 6:05 am

Norm wrote:
Mon Jul 08 12:33 pm
Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 08 10:03 am
Someone touched on this a little while back but has anyone heard anything about the Doug McLeod situation for next year? I mean the incompetence plus the idiocy of his state tournament incident had to be the end for him right?
He's pretty much been able to "side saddle" the state tourney incident.
Went to the games in person and must’ve missed coverage of this, but what happened?

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 14215
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 31

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by trixR4kids » Tue Jul 09 11:12 am

upnorthkid wrote:
Tue Jul 09 6:05 am
Norm wrote:
Mon Jul 08 12:33 pm
Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 08 10:03 am
Someone touched on this a little while back but has anyone heard anything about the Doug McLeod situation for next year? I mean the incompetence plus the idiocy of his state tournament incident had to be the end for him right?
He's pretty much been able to "side saddle" the state tourney incident.
Went to the games in person and must’ve missed coverage of this, but what happened?
Check your PM.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

upnorthkid
Rookie
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Apr 19 6:45 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by upnorthkid » Tue Jul 09 3:59 pm

trixR4kids wrote:
Tue Jul 09 11:12 am
upnorthkid wrote:
Tue Jul 09 6:05 am
Norm wrote:
Mon Jul 08 12:33 pm
Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 08 10:03 am
Someone touched on this a little while back but has anyone heard anything about the Doug McLeod situation for next year? I mean the incompetence plus the idiocy of his state tournament incident had to be the end for him right?
He's pretty much been able to "side saddle" the state tourney incident.
Went to the games in person and must’ve missed coverage of this, but what happened?
Check your PM.
Thanks

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by gopherfun83 » Tue Jul 09 7:53 pm

Sammy Walker plays in game 3 tomorrow night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaBeautyLeag ... r%5Eauthor

User avatar
Gopherguy05
Veteran
Posts: 4811
Joined: Fri Dec 01 8:52 pm
Location: West St. Paul
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Age: 37

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Gopherguy05 » Wed Jul 10 6:19 pm


maroon_and_gold
Veteran
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed Jan 31 3:59 pm
Been liked: 8 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by maroon_and_gold » Wed Jul 10 8:10 pm

Gopherguy05 wrote:
Wed Jul 10 6:19 pm
What😂😂😂

Whatever his choice

upnorthkid
Rookie
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Apr 19 6:45 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by upnorthkid » Wed Jul 10 8:16 pm

maroon_and_gold wrote:
Wed Jul 10 8:10 pm
Gopherguy05 wrote:
Wed Jul 10 6:19 pm
What😂😂😂

Whatever his choice
Confirms he’ll turn into a total stud 2 weekends a year

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1043
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 25 times
Age: 34

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Laxref » Wed Jul 10 11:05 pm

maroon_and_gold wrote:
Wed Jul 10 8:10 pm
Gopherguy05 wrote:
Wed Jul 10 6:19 pm
What😂😂😂

Whatever his choice
Do you not think Penn State is a worth program to transfer to? They have kicked our ass for like three years straight now.

maroon_and_gold
Veteran
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed Jan 31 3:59 pm
Been liked: 8 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by maroon_and_gold » Wed Jul 10 11:13 pm

Laxref wrote:
Wed Jul 10 11:05 pm
maroon_and_gold wrote:
Wed Jul 10 8:10 pm
Gopherguy05 wrote:
Wed Jul 10 6:19 pm
What😂😂😂

Whatever his choice
Do you not think Penn State is a worth program to transfer to? They have kicked our ass for like three years straight now.
Yeah I know it’s just this one kinda came out of left field for me I don’t know about anyone else

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15921
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 224 times
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Jul 11 8:53 am

Will he be eligible to play this season?
Currently under construction.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14336
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 360 times
Been liked: 100 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jul 11 8:54 am

maroon_and_gold wrote:
Wed Jul 10 8:10 pm
Gopherguy05 wrote:
Wed Jul 10 6:19 pm
What😂😂😂

Whatever his choice
Penn State has been making Minnesota it's bitch for a few years now.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6760
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 45 times
Age: 41

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Jul 11 9:22 am

This doesn’t seem like hot off the press news. The articles I found were from May 31st. Actually, the Grand Forks Herald announces it on 5/31, the Star Tribune did on 6/15...
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times
Age: 41
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Vegoe » Thu Jul 11 9:51 am

It wasn't hot of the press news that he was leaving, but his destination though wasn't clear. Couple teams from the B10, NCHC, WCHA, and Hockey East did some background on him--but Penn State appears to be the spot since the guys running DBL represent him.

Probably for the best in Clayton's case to move on to Penn State. They'll play a schedule that will allow him to gain some confidence again, feel like that's all he is missing in his game right now. The skill and skating are still there, just a bit of a mental block and not much room for mistakes at Minnesota these days.

Part of me will be shocked if he isn't among the leading point scoring defensemen in the B10 after sitting out next season.

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 14215
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 31

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by trixR4kids » Thu Jul 11 9:52 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Jul 11 8:53 am
Will he be eligible to play this season?
Based on a quick read, I don't believe there's any exception that would allow him to play next year.
Vegoe wrote:
Thu Jul 11 9:51 am
Part of me will be shocked if he isn't among the leading point scoring defensemen in the B10 after sitting out next season.
Maybe, for that to happen he'd need to be on the first PP unit. And he's gonna need to improve drastically because he couldn't crack PP time on a team that had a below average blue line and eventually opted to use 5 forwards on its first unit. And he didn't stay on the PP long during Don's tenure which is what he was specifically brought in to do.

He's old enough that it's not impossible but you'd think PSU could attract better options for that role within the next 2 years. Also Cole Hults was* only a sophomore so he could still be around.
Last edited by trixR4kids on Thu Jul 11 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times
Age: 41
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Vegoe » Thu Jul 11 10:33 am

The Gophers very rarely seem to have much room on their schedule allowing mistakes.

This year they really only have one cupcake. Colorado College is going to be better than they've been in the past although I still think they're a year or two away from being a home ice NCHC team. Niagara is the easiest game of the bunch on paper. North Dakota always a big test. UMD is king of the mountain right now. Then playing in-state teams Bemidji State, Minn St/SCSU isn't ever easy. Hard to develop players with that stretch.

Compare that schedule to Penn State who will battle through the gauntlet of Sacred Heart, Alaska, Robert Morris, Merrimack, UMass-Lowell and aforementioned Niagara. The River Hawks were 22 in KRACH last year, the rest of those schools are in the 40s and 50s. It allows Gadowsky some games to tinker. Not like that's a one-year deal either, he'll always schedule that way.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5515
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Jul 11 10:41 am

trixR4kids wrote:
Thu Jul 11 9:52 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Jul 11 8:53 am
Will he be eligible to play this season?
Based on a quick read, I don't believe there's any exception that would allow him to play next year.
Vegoe wrote:
Thu Jul 11 9:51 am
Part of me will be shocked if he isn't among the leading point scoring defensemen in the B10 after sitting out next season.
Maybe, for that to happen he'd need to be on the first PP unit. And he's gonna need to improve drastically because he couldn't crack PP time on a team that had a below average blue line and eventually opted to use 5 forwards on its first unit. And he didn't stay on the PP long during Don's tenure which is what he was specifically brought in to do.

He's old enough that it's not impossible but you'd think PSU could attract better options for that role within the next 2 years. Also Cole Hults is only a sophomore so he should still be around.
It’s probably best he moved on, Phillips was a Lucia recruit who wasn’t going to see significant ice time (going forward) in the role he originally envisioned he’d be playing...especially with Johnson & Lacombe (now) on the team Hopefully things work out better for him at PSU after going back to the USHL for a year (where he’s still young enough to play next season).

upnorthkid
Rookie
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Apr 19 6:45 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by upnorthkid » Thu Jul 11 1:31 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Thu Jul 11 10:33 am
The Gophers very rarely seem to have much room on their schedule allowing mistakes.

This year they really only have one cupcake. Colorado College is going to be better than they've been in the past although I still think they're a year or two away from being a home ice NCHC team. Niagara is the easiest game of the bunch on paper. North Dakota always a big test. UMD is king of the mountain right now. Then playing in-state teams Bemidji State, Minn St/SCSU isn't ever easy. Hard to develop players with that stretch.

Compare that schedule to Penn State who will battle through the gauntlet of Sacred Heart, Alaska, Robert Morris, Merrimack, UMass-Lowell and aforementioned Niagara. The River Hawks were 22 in KRACH last year, the rest of those schools are in the 40s and 50s. It allows Gadowsky some games to tinker. Not like that's a one-year deal either, he'll always schedule that way.
Wow at that schedule. Can you imagine if that was Minnesota's schedule plus playing in the B10? Woof

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by JC65 » Thu Jul 11 2:28 pm

upnorthkid wrote:
Thu Jul 11 1:31 pm
Vegoe wrote:
Thu Jul 11 10:33 am
The Gophers very rarely seem to have much room on their schedule allowing mistakes.

This year they really only have one cupcake. Colorado College is going to be better than they've been in the past although I still think they're a year or two away from being a home ice NCHC team. Niagara is the easiest game of the bunch on paper. North Dakota always a big test. UMD is king of the mountain right now. Then playing in-state teams Bemidji State, Minn St/SCSU isn't ever easy. Hard to develop players with that stretch.

Compare that schedule to Penn State who will battle through the gauntlet of Sacred Heart, Alaska, Robert Morris, Merrimack, UMass-Lowell and aforementioned Niagara. The River Hawks were 22 in KRACH last year, the rest of those schools are in the 40s and 50s. It allows Gadowsky some games to tinker. Not like that's a one-year deal either, he'll always schedule that way.
Wow at that schedule. Can you imagine if that was Minnesota's schedule plus playing in the B10? Woof
I expect there'd be lots of complaining about the quality of opponent ruining attendance.

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 14215
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 31

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by trixR4kids » Sun Jul 21 2:36 pm

I decided to finally write something up recapping last year and provided a high level overview of the team stats. Nothing earth shattering and anyone who follows the team closely/posts here probably knows what the team did and didn't do well last year, but hopefully you find something informative :)

I still need to compile the individual stats that I tracked and will write more about that in the next post.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times
Age: 41
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Vegoe » Mon Jul 22 9:41 am

WJSS games will be televised -- good chance to get an introduction to Ryan Johnson and Jackson LaCombe. Blake McLaughlin will also be taking part.



I'm hearing some high praise for Johnson this off-season and the belief he'll make a big impact this season.

GopherPete
Veteran
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Apr 09 10:47 am
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by GopherPete » Mon Jul 22 10:32 am

Vegoe wrote:
Mon Jul 22 9:41 am
WJSS games will be televised -- good chance to get an introduction to Ryan Johnson and Jackson LaCombe. Blake McLaughlin will also be taking part.



I'm hearing some high praise for Johnson this off-season and the belief he'll make a big impact this season.
Stream?

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13879
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Jul 23 9:45 am

Called in and picked out my WCHA, I mean "Premium", Mini Plan tickets.

Mini Plan are on sale if you have a Gopher score.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Magic
Rookie
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 11 12:02 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Magic » Tue Jul 23 9:58 am

I looked at all the mini packs this morning. If your fine sitting behind the Gophers goal there were some fair deals. If you want to sit in Zone 1-2 prices are still WAY too high. Forcing fans to buy 7-10 games will also keep some casual fans away. JMO

User avatar
Jaykay3
Veteran
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Mar 08 11:55 am
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 1 time
Age: 30

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Jaykay3 » Tue Jul 23 2:13 pm

Thoughts on the goalie situation next year?

If I had to guess I'd say LaFontaine begins the year as the starter and gets 70% of the starts and Moe gets 30%.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13879
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Jul 23 2:15 pm

I think Moe has more upside and barring injury setbacks I'd think we'd hope he wins the job.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times
Age: 41
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Vegoe » Tue Jul 23 2:22 pm

Here are the single game prices for the season which come from the mini plans available today. Open to the public next week.



Nate Wells astutely brought up that it will be cheaper to see the team play Penn State at home than in hockey valley and cheaper to see them play Minnesota Duluth at Mariucci than at Amsoil.

I guess we will see how the fans turn out this year, but the price spread is the most affordable they've offered since 2002. I don't think selling out the premium games is usually the issue based on my ticket scanning data from the past.

User avatar
Sioux Suck
Rookie
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Feb 16 8:58 am
Location: Bloomington
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Sioux Suck » Tue Jul 23 2:42 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Jul 23 2:15 pm
I think Moe has more upside and barring injury setbacks I'd think we'd hope he wins the job.
If it’s even through the first month, I’d love to see what LaFontaine can do against Michigan in early November

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by gopherfun83 » Wed Jul 24 8:46 pm

Whioux Suck wrote:
Tue Jul 23 2:42 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Jul 23 2:15 pm
I think Moe has more upside and barring injury setbacks I'd think we'd hope he wins the job.
I totally agree, Moe has a decent chance to be the number one goalie this year.

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 14215
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 31

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by trixR4kids » Wed Jul 24 11:51 pm

How good Moe/LaFontaine are will probably be the biggest determining factor this year. Goalies can always sink a team or inflate how good a team actually is so it’s not the boldest prediction but with the team being really young next year and replacing a lot of its scoring output, it seems especially important this year.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

User avatar
hudr0004
Golden
Golden
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Feb 17 1:37 pm
Location: Maple Grove
Been liked: 1 time
Age: 45

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by hudr0004 » Thu Jul 25 9:20 am

I was at Da Beauty League last night for the first time. Moe made some spectacular saves, especially in the OT portion of his game. He had sliced his finger earlier so there was a long stoppage in play while he went to the locker room. The crowd was super behind him when he came back out. Obviously it was a tiny sample size but based on a format that hangs goalies out to dry with breakaways and 2-on-1’s nonstop, I was really impressed.

Oh, and Sammy Walker notched a hat trick in about the first 7-8 minutes of his game, so he might be good for a few this year.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14336
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 360 times
Been liked: 100 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jul 25 9:21 am

Having a young Gopher goalie playing in that league is awesome. Should bear fruit.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by gopherfun83 » Thu Jul 25 6:05 pm

hudr0004 wrote:
Thu Jul 25 9:20 am
I was at Da Beauty League last night for the first time. Moe made some spectacular saves, especially in the OT portion of his game. He had sliced his finger earlier so there was a long stoppage in play while he went to the locker room. The crowd was super behind him when he came back out. Obviously it was a tiny sample size but based on a format that hangs goalies out to dry with breakaways and 2-on-1’s nonstop, I was really impressed.

Oh, and Sammy Walker notched a hat trick in about the first 7-8 minutes of his game, so he might be good for a few this year.
I also watched last night McLaughlin also had a goal. Moe played really well. Sammy Walker is playing great hockey. Da Beauty League is basically only practice games, but can be big confidence builders for the Gophers players.

User avatar
gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Sep 14 7:30 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by gopherfun83 » Thu Jul 25 6:13 pm

trixR4kids wrote:
Wed Jul 24 11:51 pm
How good Moe/LaFontaine are will probably be the biggest determining factor this year. Goalies can always sink a team or inflate how good a team actually is so it’s not the boldest prediction but with the team being really young next year and replacing a lot of its scoring output, it seems especially important this year.
Yes the goalie play will be even more important than last year. And as always staying healthy and avoiding key injuries. I'm also hoping Bob will come up with one more surprise late player add, like Sampo Ranta was last year.

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3125
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Norm » Thu Jul 25 7:15 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Thu Jul 25 6:13 pm
trixR4kids wrote:
Wed Jul 24 11:51 pm
How good Moe/LaFontaine are will probably be the biggest determining factor this year. Goalies can always sink a team or inflate how good a team actually is so it’s not the boldest prediction but with the team being really young next year and replacing a lot of its scoring output, it seems especially important this year.
Yes the goalie play will be even more important than last year. And as always staying healthy and avoiding key injuries. I'm also hoping Bob will come up with one more surprise late player add, like Sampo Ranta was last year.
And lets hope Ranta turns into the player we thought we were getting.

User avatar
Cardinal
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5554
Joined: Sun Apr 13 9:05 pm
Been liked: 28 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Cardinal » Thu Jul 25 7:40 pm

Norm wrote:
Thu Jul 25 7:15 pm
gopherfun83 wrote:
Thu Jul 25 6:13 pm
trixR4kids wrote:
Wed Jul 24 11:51 pm
How good Moe/LaFontaine are will probably be the biggest determining factor this year. Goalies can always sink a team or inflate how good a team actually is so it’s not the boldest prediction but with the team being really young next year and replacing a lot of its scoring output, it seems especially important this year.
Yes the goalie play will be even more important than last year. And as always staying healthy and avoiding key injuries. I'm also hoping Bob will come up with one more surprise late player add, like Sampo Ranta was last year.
And lets hope Ranta turns into the player we thought we were getting.
16 points as a freshman on a team that struggled to score isn't all bad.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5515
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Jul 25 8:10 pm

Cardinal wrote:
Thu Jul 25 7:40 pm
Norm wrote:
Thu Jul 25 7:15 pm
gopherfun83 wrote:
Thu Jul 25 6:13 pm
trixR4kids wrote:
Wed Jul 24 11:51 pm
How good Moe/LaFontaine are will probably be the biggest determining factor this year. Goalies can always sink a team or inflate how good a team actually is so it’s not the boldest prediction but with the team being really young next year and replacing a lot of its scoring output, it seems especially important this year.
Yes the goalie play will be even more important than last year. And as always staying healthy and avoiding key injuries. I'm also hoping Bob will come up with one more surprise late player add, like Sampo Ranta was last year.
And lets hope Ranta turns into the player we thought we were getting.
16 points as a freshman on a team that struggled to score isn't all bad.
True...but after that initial series against tUMD it appeared Rsnta might have a monster freshman year...rather than a respectable one. If the Gophers get past the 1st half of the year avoiding damaging pairwise losses (like they suffered last year) 2nd half of the season they very well could turn into a dangerous team.

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 14215
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 31

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by trixR4kids » Fri Jul 26 1:17 am

Ranta needs to be better in terms of the buildup of offense at 5 on 5. He’s got a great shot and is a PP threat which is a somewhat elusive skill so he has that going for him. But at 5v5 he was kind of a drag on play last year and he needs to pick up his head more and make the right plays. Hopefully he can improve on that because he definitely has some of the tools to be a scorer.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

glenhogan21
Veteran
Posts: 1107
Joined: Fri Oct 20 8:19 pm
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by glenhogan21 » Fri Jul 26 9:16 am

Ranta made a big jump in ushl from year 1 to year 2. Hopefully does the same in college. Was one of the younger freshman in the country last year.

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times
Age: 41
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Vegoe » Fri Jul 26 9:52 am

trixR4kids wrote:
Fri Jul 26 1:17 am
Ranta needs to be better in terms of the buildup of offense at 5 on 5. He’s got a great shot and is a PP threat which is a somewhat elusive skill so he has that going for him. But at 5v5 he was kind of a drag on play last year and he needs to pick up his head more and make the right plays. Hopefully he can improve on that because he definitely has some of the tools to be a scorer.
Since the entire first power play has moved on to professional hockey, it's a wide open race for him to earn a spot there this year. Seemed to be his most productive spot in the USHL shooting from his off wing. When he did get chances during practice and games, he was a little indecisive with his decision making and there just isn't time for that at the level the Gophers play. Sometimes the less optimal decision made quickly is better than the right one after giving the defense time to adjust.

Maybe we'll see some looks like these?

Brannon McManus - RF Scott Reedy - RF
Tyler Nanne - RD Sampo Ranta -LF
Jackson LaCombe - LD

Sammy Walker - RF Nathan Burke - LF
Bryce Brodzinski - RF Blake McLaughlin - LF
Ryan Zuhlsdorf - LD

User avatar
Cardinal
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5554
Joined: Sun Apr 13 9:05 pm
Been liked: 28 times

Re: 2019-2020 Gopher Hockey Season Thread

Post by Cardinal » Sat Jul 27 1:14 pm

Goal for Ranta today in Finland's game against one of the USA teams.


Post Reply