Season tickets 2019/2020 - renewing or not renewing

Talk about the current Gopher Hockey team....
GOPHERFAN119
Rookie

Season tickets 2019/2020 - renewing or not renewing

Post by GOPHERFAN119 » Sun Feb 10 5:39 pm

Love to hear from current season ticket holders this year -
Who is renewing or not renewing for the 2019/2020 season ?

I have been a season ticket holder since 1994. I am not renewing for next season season !

Next and share your feedback.

Hammy
Veteran
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Season tickets 2019/2020 - renewing or not renewing

Post by Hammy » Sun Feb 10 5:41 pm

I’m curious... this is totally fine to ask but what are you seeking from asking?
Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Feb 10 5:43 pm

Depends on price drop
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
103 big four seasons with no finals appearance, 1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

GOPHERFAN119
Rookie

Post by GOPHERFAN119 » Sun Feb 10 5:47 pm

Hammy - Based on the performance of the team this year, lack of attendance and atmosphere in the arena this year with open seats, and high cost of tickets, who is renewing and not renewing next year ?

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 3 times

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Sun Feb 10 5:52 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Feb 10 5:43 pm
Depends on price drop
do you really think it will happen

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Feb 10 5:57 pm

I am renewing. I am a fan through good and bad, and I can't bail on the team after they made the coaching change. I get as frustrated as anyone, and it will take a couple of years to get it turned around. I will suffer through it and enjoy the wins when they come. I know I'm not getting a fair return of the value, but so be it.

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 26 times

Post by D2D » Sun Feb 10 7:58 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Sun Feb 10 5:57 pm
I am renewing. I am a fan through good and bad, and I can't bail on the team after they made the coaching change. I get as frustrated as anyone, and it will take a couple of years to get it turned around. I will suffer through it and enjoy the wins when they come. I know I'm not getting a fair return of the value, but so be it.
My thoughts exactly. I'll be renewing for sure.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Feb 10 10:38 pm

I will renew too. I support this team through thick and thin, regardless of the conference, coach, and record.

I do hope they lower prices for everyone - season ticket holders and non so we can get more butts in the seats.

What can I say, I’m a die hard fan.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Post by streakygopher » Sun Feb 10 11:23 pm

Can't wait for this team to be over....and renewing.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Mon Feb 11 12:06 am

I'm renewing. There are brighter days ahead. Even if there are not, I will always believe there will be.

MhdGopher
Veteran
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MhdGopher » Mon Feb 11 12:10 am

Hammy wrote:
Sun Feb 10 5:41 pm
I’m curious... this is totally fine to ask but what are you seeking from asking?
I’m glad you asked this Hammy because I had the same thought when I read the initial post and before I got to yours. And I think the question went over his head.

Seems like the only possible impactful outcome from this thread is initiating a herd mentality of people to not remew. Where is the upside I guess? I suppose you could have people leaning towards not renewing see that many others are renewing and opt to renew......but that seems less likely.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Mon Feb 11 12:46 am

streakygopher wrote:
Sun Feb 10 11:23 pm
Can't wait for this team to be over....and renewing.
On the contrary I hope the team wins a game or two in the post season, if only to turn the sentiment on this board to being a little more positive! :wink:
Still, while trying to be as positive as the team's results allow, I'm trying my best to remain realistic, knowing full well that in most games, for the foreseeable future, and until we see otherwise, we'll be the decided underdog in most (if not all) of the remaining games on the schedule, and certainly in the league playoffs. And all the while, when we'll still be finding fault with the players - and maybe extending to the coaching staff - with each and every loss, we should instead be looking for overall and individual progress, at both ends of the rink, if not necessarily on the scoreboard, in the few games remaining on this year's schedule. I believe it's unrealistic to expect immediate success in just a year, or two. Progress yes, but not national prominence right away.

So, at least for a season - maybe two or three if we see continued progress that the program is heading in the right direction - we need to be patient. In the meantime I'm trying to temper my own expectations and hope for a long-term recovery to this program's former greatness. And that's not easy - we expect more in our "State of Hockey'!

dryfly
Veteran
Been liked: 3 times

Post by dryfly » Mon Feb 11 9:17 am

I am sure we will renew. Question is will we look to get better seats now that things are opening up? There will come a time when I give the tickets up but most likely due to age/health reasons or cost/relocation in retirement... not if team good bad or so so.

Right now we live here, don’t have a lot else to do Fri Sat nights, can afford them, health good - so we go. Some times awesome. Other times cringeworthy. But we go.

I think one seat one game wasn’t used this year. That’s not bad considering it’s over an hour drive in for us (40 min from where wife works if Friday).

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by JWG » Mon Feb 11 9:17 am

Renewing.
We split our season, so only go one night a week. That's actually helpful during these times - doesn't make it feel like an obligation to go if you don't have to give up two nights of a weekend.

we gave up football when we moved and haven't renewed since coming back due to cost and just busier schedules. We'll keep hockey. Ironically, we were once 5,500 on the waitlist for Gopher hockey.
JWG
[This space for rent]

dryfly
Veteran

Post by dryfly » Mon Feb 11 9:21 am

JWG wrote:
Mon Feb 11 9:17 am
Renewing.
We split our season, so only go one night a week. That's actually helpful during these times - doesn't make it feel like an obligation to go if you don't have to give up two nights of a weekend.

we gave up football when we moved and haven't renewed since coming back due to cost and just busier schedules. We'll keep hockey. Ironically, we were once 5,500 on the waitlist for Gopher hockey.
I don’t season ticket football but buy games for about 2-3 nonconf or low end B1G games a year. Look for deals to take grandkids to. Good weather. They like being outside in winter but NOT sitting. That won’t work for them.

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Handyman » Mon Feb 11 9:51 am

Well if a certain person on this board renews again I will chip in for a few games. (hopefully I will be available for more...bad year for me attendance wise do to work)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Mon Feb 11 10:20 am

MhdGopher wrote:
Mon Feb 11 12:10 am
Hammy wrote:
Sun Feb 10 5:41 pm
I’m glad you asked this Hammy because I had the same thought when I read the initial post and before I got to yours. And I think the question went over his head.

Seems like the only possible impactful outcome from this thread is initiating a herd mentality of people to not remew. Where is the upside I guess? I suppose you could have people leaning towards not renewing see that many others are renewing and opt to renew......but that seems less likely.
As I said, people can ask questions. I am not trying to stifle that. But my feeling was similar to yours. If somebody doesn’t want to spend their money on tickets, I am not going to say they are “wrong”. To each their own… I am not going to tell any person how to spend their hard earned money.

But why does such a decision matter beyond the individual here? Is it seeking validation for the choice?

We all make choices on how to spend our money every day and it pretty much ends there. It is an individual judgment call for everybody. It feels like this is a thread created to get the torches and pitchforks out and that’s all.

I don’t know… I just don’t get the reason why some people even use this board if the focus is just going to continually be on the negative. Life is too short to carry around such a sour puss perspective. I am not saying we can’t talk about the things we are unhappy with… the big problem is when those same posters don’t show any perspective or balance along with it.
Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Mon Feb 11 10:48 am

Maybe don’t read too much into it or over analyze. It is possible the question really is simply “who is renewing?”

I’m glad to see many of you are. And I too am looking forward to improvement next season, and maybe even a couple memorable games yet this season (in a good way!)

Go Gophers!!

Magic
Rookie

Post by Magic » Mon Feb 11 12:34 pm

Been a Gophers diehard fan since 1977 (Steve Christoff rube) I support Bob Motzko 100% and think he is a great coach. I like next years home schedule North Dakota, Duluth, Mankato, and maybe St Cloud (Mariucci Classic). With all that, I am 50/50 on renewing if Season Ticket prices don’t drop significantly (or waive Donation/Gift gauging). Even if I drop, I will still watch 95% of the TV games and cherry pick the home games. Stubhub and Street Sales are usually 40% cheaper than the Ticket Window.

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Vegoe » Mon Feb 11 12:55 pm

GOPHERFAN119 wrote:
Sun Feb 10 5:39 pm

I have been a season ticket holder since 1994. I am not renewing for next season season !

Motzko is in his first year and you're ready to bail on him already?

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Feb 11 12:57 pm

It's not about bailing on Motzko. It's about value for the money and knowing there is no waiting list to get back in whenever you want to if you want to take a year off and pick up cheap tickets to games you want to see.
103 big four seasons with no finals appearance, 1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden

Post by Snowcool08 » Mon Feb 11 1:16 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Feb 11 12:57 pm
It's not about bailing on Motzko. It's about value for the money and knowing there is no waiting list to get back in whenever you want to if you want to take a year off and pick up cheap tickets to games you want to see.
But would you really go to the games you want to see? I always felt like if I didn’t have season tickets, I wouldn’t make it out there nearly as often as I think I would. It’s easy to come up with some excuse not to go. No matter how good they are.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Feb 11 1:18 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Mon Feb 11 1:16 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Feb 11 12:57 pm
But would you really go to the games you want to see? I always felt like if I didn’t have season tickets, I wouldn’t make it out there nearly as often as I think I would. It’s easy to come up with some excuse not to go. No matter how good they are.
Five or ten game ticket package ain't bad. Get the WCHA teams you get excited to see.

That's if you don't want to go through the stubhub effort.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Mon Feb 11 2:02 pm

Part of the attraction of season tickets for me is I know I have a seat, and don’t have to deal with secondary market, especially if I’m running late after work on a Friday.

In addition, when averaged out, tickets are about 35$ a game. IMHO a better deal than getting raked for 60-90$ for the “premium” opponents.

I totally understand however that I’m one of the lucky ones who can afford to fork out the full package amount each year, and only have to purchase two as we have no kids. I also gave up Gopher football and a partial Twins season ticket package to continue doing so, as this was my priority.

I set aside money each month so when renewal time comes due it isn’t a shock.

Speaking of, I would imagine we should be getting renewal notices pretty soon...

Don Adams Wheel of Justice
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Mon Feb 11 2:24 pm

"I don’t know… I just don’t get the reason why some people even use this board if the focus is just going to continually be on the negative. Life is too short to carry around such a sour puss perspective."

You're describing like 80% of the posts on GPL and the internet in general.

theskillz
Golden
Golden

Post by theskillz » Mon Feb 11 2:46 pm

I'd be in if I didn't live so damn far away.

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Vegoe » Mon Feb 11 2:54 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Mon Feb 11 2:02 pm
Part of the attraction of season tickets for me is I know I have a seat, and don’t have to deal with secondary market, especially if I’m running late after work on a Friday.

In addition, when averaged out, tickets are about 35$ a game. IMHO a better deal than getting raked for 60-90$ for the “premium” opponents.

I totally understand however that I’m one of the lucky ones who can afford to fork out the full package amount each year, and only have to purchase two as we have no kids. I also gave up Gopher football and a partial Twins season ticket package to continue doing so, as this was my priority.

Speaking of, I would imagine we should be getting renewal notices pretty soon...
It is cheaper just picking up St. Lawrence, Ferris State, Penn State and Arizona State games and then scalping tickets for a series if the following disappears.

I've had football tickets since the move to TCF Stadium and haven't had too many doubts about renewing ever. I'm agree with Cowgirl that it might not be in my own self-interest to keep renewing. I guess I just enjoy going following a B10 program consistently, kind of like a forced outing in a good way and you start to know the people around you which is part of it.

I haven't heard anything firm about renewals... it was Feb. 12 last year.

SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Mon Feb 11 3:35 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Mon Feb 11 12:55 pm
GOPHERFAN119 wrote:
Sun Feb 10 5:39 pm

Motzko is in his first year and you're ready to bail on him already?

Love.this.gif. :dup:

maroon_and_gold
Veteran

Post by maroon_and_gold » Mon Feb 11 11:37 pm

Renewing...of course

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Tue Feb 12 8:42 am

maroon_and_gold wrote:
Mon Feb 11 11:37 pm
Renewing...of course
Has the U ever done a half season ticket package, one game to each series? And it alternates between Fridays and Saturdays? So week 1 you have Friday night, week 2 you have Saturday, and so on.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Feb 12 9:25 am

This year you could create a ten game package of pretty much whatever games you wanted.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Tue Feb 12 9:36 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Feb 12 9:25 am
This year you could create a ten game package of pretty much whatever games you wanted.
I am guessing there is about 20 homes games a year. Half season tickets seems like a no-brainer. Your odds of retaining people on the fence about an entire season would go way up. Of course they are probably to lazy to consider options like this because they know some people will not renew in full and and don't want to deal with downgrades.

Their inability or unwillingness to adapt is going to set them back further and further.

ddillon22
Rookie

Post by ddillon22 » Tue Feb 12 11:06 am

I will be in again. Just hoping it is not a schedule like this year where it was two or three weekends in a row at home and then two or three on the road or off and then repeat.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Tue Feb 12 12:29 pm

ddillon22 wrote:
Tue Feb 12 11:06 am
I will be in again. Just hoping it is not a schedule like this year where it was two or three weekends in a row at home and then two or three on the road or off and then repeat.
Plus one would hope that the exhibition game(s) will be played BEFORE the regular season starts. :roll:

JoeGopher
Rookie

Post by JoeGopher » Tue Feb 12 6:49 pm

I will be renewing for the 30th year. Wouldn't even give it a thought.

FWIW, I like the split season idea - to be sold after the season's are allocated. For some, getting to all 19-21 games (depending on the year) is difficult and being my own ticketmaster hasn't always been the easiest. Pricing will be the key since they have a "discount" if you buy the season, so would that carry over for the split season? If so, would that aggravate the STH base? Regardless, it's an idea that should be pursued.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Tue Feb 12 6:55 pm

JoeGopher wrote:
Tue Feb 12 6:49 pm

FWIW, I like the split season idea - to be sold after the season's are allocated. For some, getting to all 19-21 games (depending on the year) is difficult and being my own ticketmaster hasn't always been the easiest. Pricing will be the key since they have a "discount" if you buy the season, so would that carry over for the split season? If so, would that aggravate the STH base? Regardless, it's an idea that should be pursued.
Full season tix get a little better gig, perks, ect. Then half season, ect. Then your smaller packages and single games.

Get more people engaged and create some demand.

The current setup is pretty humorous.

gopheritall
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times

Post by gopheritall » Wed Feb 13 12:57 pm

Renewing unless a financial disaster strikes. I usually wait until the last minute to renew as it doesn't benefit me to pay earlier. I understand I am only 2 seats but it is good for the U to give serious thought to how many STHs will renew. I didn't sign up for any of the perks they offered last year but I appreciated the gesture. They have had it so easy for so many years I think they don't know what to do when sales decline. If only they knew of a business school with a marketing program to help.

gopheritall
Golden
Golden

Post by gopheritall » Wed Feb 13 1:29 pm

To be fair to those considering not renewing... Current win percent is .448. I don't see that going up to finish the season. You have to go back 21 years to find a result that low and another 26 past that for another. I have to hope this is the bottom. Granted there is more parity in college hockey today but if we start stringing together historic lows Bob won't last long and ticket sales today will look like heaven.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Mar 03 12:50 am

JoeGopher wrote:
Tue Feb 12 6:49 pm

Split would have to cost more

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 12 times

Post by Bladepuller » Sun Mar 03 9:01 am

I'll have more free time during.next season.
I'm renewing
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

Bert

Post by Bert » Mon Mar 18 11:48 am

Vegoe wrote:
Mon Feb 11 2:54 pm
Cowgirl wrote:

It is cheaper just picking up St. Lawrence, Ferris State, Penn State and Arizona State games and then scalping tickets for a series if the following disappears.

I've had football tickets since the move to TCF Stadium and haven't had too many doubts about renewing ever. I'm agree with Cowgirl that it might not be in my own self-interest to keep renewing. I guess I just enjoy going following a B10 program consistently, kind of like a forced outing in a good way and you start to know the people around you which is part of it.

Do the Gopher have the highest ticket prices in the nation? If no who is ahead of them?

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Mon Mar 18 3:34 pm

I googled ticket prices for college hockey and came up with nothing but stories about Gopher athletics struggling to sell tickets
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Mon Mar 18 3:51 pm

I know there are other reasons, but the logic of not renewing because of poor performance would be like dumping your stocks in a recession.

The Gophers will be back, or at least I have faith that they will.

gopher6
Veteran

Post by gopher6 » Mon Mar 18 3:52 pm

Bert wrote:
Mon Mar 18 11:48 am
Vegoe wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

Do the Gopher have the highest ticket prices in the nation? If no who is ahead of them?
The Gophers charge double the price of anyone in college hockey the only 2 who might be close, UMD and the whioux

gopheritall
Golden
Golden

Post by gopheritall » Mon Mar 18 4:17 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Mon Mar 18 3:51 pm
I know there are other reasons, but the logic of not renewing because of poor performance would be like dumping your stocks in a recession.

The Gophers will be back, or at least I have faith that they will.
What benefit will I get when the Gopher stock goes back up? Those that jump back in will get the same price I get. I guess I can always look down on them a judge them for their lack of faith (which I will).

EDIT: Of course, I am renewing...
Last edited by gopheritall on Mon Mar 18 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ddillon22
Rookie

Post by ddillon22 » Mon Mar 18 4:20 pm

I am in. I actually like the team and going.

Bert

Post by Bert » Tue Mar 19 9:36 am

gopher6 wrote:
Mon Mar 18 3:52 pm
Bert wrote:
Mon Mar 18 11:48 am
Vegoe wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

The Gophers charge double the price of anyone in college hockey the only 2 who might be close, UMD and the whioux

That is what I thought. I know UW is 24 for lower bowl. It has been that way for 20 years. Gopher pricing is a joke..

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Mar 19 10:00 am

Bert, it sure if you saw this in the constructive criticism thread, but here’s what we spent this season on road:

f this helps, I think we spent the following on tickets at away games this year (an order fee on top of this here and there):
Madison: $26
Ohio state: $15
Michigan 80$ for a suite that included food
Mankato: $35
Notre Dame $22
Playoff next weekend at Notre Dame: $22
I don’t remember what the icebreaker was. (Edit: nvmd that was last season!)

Obviously we are a premo game for MSU, I’d argue that we are Madison’s largest draw as well.
So compare these with our prices and you can see a huge discrepancy.

trixR4kids
Veteran
Has liked: 35 times

Post by trixR4kids » Tue Mar 19 10:10 am

The most expensive one you list is Michigan and IDK what food that includes but it sounds pretty nice. And it's still less expensive than the North Dakota game from 2013 (whatever the last year of the WCHA was when we faced North Dakota at home before a long break in scheduling them).
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Vegoe » Tue Mar 19 10:10 am

Here are your B10 season ticket prices that don't include any scholarship seating type fees from the U of Illinois study. I think the Madison tickets are only sold in 'halves.' Ohio State is doing a bit of a bundle situation with other sports all in one with mobile ticketing.

Maybe a project in the off-season when pricing for 19-20 gets announced.

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Tue Mar 19 10:41 am

Is there a reason we wouldn't include the mandatory and no longer tax deductible "donation" in the pricing?
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 52 times

Post by Steve MN » Tue Mar 19 10:44 am

trixR4kids wrote:
Tue Mar 19 10:41 am
Is there a reason we wouldn't include the mandatory and no longer tax deductible "donation" in the pricing?
I know I certainly do when I calculate this kind of thing. I'm in a non-donation section, so I don't have to worry about it, but that pricing is certainly something that needs to be taken into consideration, especially with the new tax rules.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Mar 19 10:48 am

Need to look at total price. Also, an understanding of roughly how many seats (or sections) are in each price level at the various arenas would be helpful. I understand this would take a ton of legwork.

wincav
Rookie

Post by wincav » Tue Mar 19 10:52 am

Like others have stated. I am a Gopher men's hockey fan and had tickets for many years. I have only missed 5 or 6 home games in several years. I think Bob Motzko will be a fine coach who needs time to put his "style" of play in place. I will be renewing even though I still think then price is way out of touch.

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Norm » Tue Mar 19 11:15 am

Vegoe wrote:
Tue Mar 19 10:10 am

Here are your B10 season ticket prices that don't include any scholarship seating type fees from the U of Illinois study. I think the Madison tickets are only sold in 'halves.' Ohio State is doing a bit of a bundle situation with other sports all in one with mobile ticketing.

I'm not sure what this chart is telling me. For instance Penn St price A is $1,000. Is that for a few choice seats, or is that for the bulk of their seats?

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Vegoe » Tue Mar 19 12:33 pm

Norm wrote:
Tue Mar 19 11:15 am
Vegoe wrote:
Tue Mar 19 10:10 am

I'm not sure what this chart is telling me. For instance Penn St price A is $1,000. Is that for a few choice seats, or is that for the bulk of their seats?
I just happened to find this graphic and share it--I didn't put it together.

Keith
Golden
Golden

Post by Keith » Wed Mar 20 12:19 pm

Renewing again - fought (and paid) for the season tickets in my divorce 6 years ago, in hopes of someday taking my kid (which, thank God, I didn't have then). Now, I keep renewing while I wait for my 15-month-old son to be old enough to stay up for the games and not need diaper changes at the game. Hoping the program turns things around and my boy learns to love Gopher hockey!

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by Beauner » Wed Mar 20 2:14 pm

Keith wrote:
Wed Mar 20 12:19 pm
Renewing again - fought (and paid) for the season tickets in my divorce 6 years ago, in hopes of someday taking my kid (which, thank God, I didn't have then). Now, I keep renewing while I wait for my 15-month-old son to be old enough to stay up for the games and not need diaper changes at the game. Hoping the program turns things around and my boy learns to love Gopher hockey!
If he's like the rest of your family I'm sure he will 😂
Just hope he doesn't have as many road trip "adventures" as one or your brothers in particular 😉
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 7 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Mar 20 3:24 pm

Keith wrote:
Fought for the tickets? Couldn't you each just buy them or what do ytou mean?

Keith
Golden
Golden

Post by Keith » Thu Mar 21 2:15 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Wed Mar 20 3:24 pm
Keith wrote:
Fought for the tickets? Couldn't you each just buy them or what do ytou mean?
When you like the location of the seats, you don't want different ones. Enough about that - who else is renewing? :lol:

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Thu Mar 21 3:00 pm

I kinda get what you're saying, most people have neighbors they like being by and that was one of the biggest problems with the forced re-seating back in 2012.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Mar 21 3:17 pm

The re-seating thing has to be one of the all time great blunders. And that's not even in hindsight - I don't recall a single person thinking it was going to be a good idea.
Currently under construction.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Thu Mar 21 3:49 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Mar 21 3:17 pm
The re-seating thing has to be one of the all time great blunders. And that's not even in hindsight - I don't recall a single person thinking it was going to be a good idea.
There is an upside to it: with all the empty seats it helped create, there is ample opportunity to coordinate season ticket purchases with your family & friends!
Get a block of seats pretty much wherever you want!

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by JWG » Thu Mar 21 6:49 pm

Our seats improved with the reseating. And yes we will renew. We split our season and even then have 2 tix for 3 people with our half. So I still don’t go as often as I’d like.
JWG
[This space for rent]

MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times

Post by MNNavy » Thu Mar 21 9:27 pm

I'll renew. Might even move out of the "cheap" (aka: non-donation) seats. My wife and I sat in section 7 for the Saturday game against Michigan, and she commented that she liked those seats a lot better than our regular seats. Made me promise that at some point we'll get center ice tickets.
I have GOT to stop saying "How stupid can you get"
Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Thu Mar 21 9:52 pm

Has anyone heard whether or not they've determined 2019-20 season ticket pricing, and if the seat license "donations" will continue unchanged?

JoeGopher
Rookie

Post by JoeGopher » Fri Mar 22 8:41 am

Slap Shot wrote:
I think in general this is a correct statement. There were a lot of long-time ST holders that were grandfathered in when the new building opened and didn't have to make a donation to keep their seats. In order to keep them after the re-seating, they had to pony up the $$$. That caused more than a handful of people to give them up.

On the other hand, there were some ST holders that were happy about the shift. I got my first non-student ST when I was still in school in '93 when the new Mooch opened. My "donation" increased over the years from $500 a seat to $650, so when they re-did the seating, mine decreased to $300, and I kept the same location. Originally, the donation was supposed to be a 3 year commitment to help defray the cost of the new building, but we know how that went.

And FWIW, since the state of MN didn't align tax returns with the Fed for last year, the donation still counted as a deduction on my state taxes. It certainly limited the impact, but made a slight difference.

As I have said earlier, I will be renewing, but as of today, I haven't heard a word from the athletic department about it.

Kelor
Golden
Golden

Post by Kelor » Fri Mar 22 8:56 am

I'm pretty sure that blunder doesn't measure up to getting involved in a land war in Asia or going in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Fri Mar 22 9:31 am

JoeGopher wrote:
Fri Mar 22 8:41 am
Slap Shot wrote:
I think in general this is a correct statement. There were a lot of long-time ST holders that were grandfathered in when the new building opened and didn't have to make a donation to keep their seats. In order to keep them after the re-seating, they had to pony up the $$$. That caused more than a handful of people to give them up.
I know some people offered to pay the extra $$$ and still didn't get to keep their seats.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Fri Mar 22 9:55 am

trixR4kids wrote:
Fri Mar 22 9:31 am
I know some people offered to pay the extra $$$ and still didn't get to keep their seats.
Someone with more Gopher Points got to pick ahead of them and chose their seats.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden

Post by Iceburg » Fri Mar 22 10:15 am

Kelor wrote:
Fri Mar 22 8:56 am
I'm pretty sure that blunder doesn't measure up to getting involved in a land war in Asia or going in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!
:lol:

Retired Thread Police

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Fri Mar 22 11:41 am

D2D wrote:
Fri Mar 22 9:55 am
trixR4kids wrote:
Fri Mar 22 9:31 am
Someone with more Gopher Points got to pick ahead of them and chose their seats.
Right, and I can understand why people were pissed at the re-seating which was clearly a huge failure in terms of the end result.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Fri Mar 22 1:42 pm

trixR4kids wrote:
Fri Mar 22 11:41 am
Right, and I can understand why people were pissed at the re-seating which was clearly a huge failure in terms of the end result.
I'm probably in the minority, but I welcomed the chance to improve our seating position. Moved up from Row 8 (behind the visiting team's penalty box) to aisle seats in Row 12, closer to center ice. Better view from there! :)

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Fri Mar 22 2:14 pm

Well yeah, if you prefer having better seats in an arena that's perpetually half empty and took a huge hit right after the re-seating (even when the team was good and still in the WCHA the attendance was drastically down that year) then I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong. But I don't think most people saw it that way.

gopheritall
Golden
Golden

Post by gopheritall » Fri Mar 22 2:27 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri Mar 22 1:42 pm
trixR4kids wrote:
Fri Mar 22 11:41 am
I'm probably in the minority, but I welcomed the chance to improve our seating position. Moved up from Row 8 (behind the visiting team's penalty box) to aisle seats in Row 12, closer to center ice. Better view from there! :)
Strange I got bumped from 12 to 8 (different section same side). You are right 12 is about the ideal row. I like the people we are by or I would try hard to move.