MLB News

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Wed Oct 23 10:33 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Oct 23 10:30 pm
Holy (base) balls. 10-2.
I think I might start cheering for the Astros (thus far I was fairly indifferent) just to make more of a series out of it.
Better start taking diuretics. :shock: :lol:
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Oct 23 10:35 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Oct 23 10:33 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Oct 23 10:30 pm
Holy (base) balls. 10-2.
I think I might start cheering for the Astros (thus far I was fairly indifferent) just to make more of a series out of it.
Better start taking diuretics. :shock: :lol:
Well I’ll try to do double duty this weekend at the hockey games!

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Oct 23 10:55 pm

12-2 and they still have two outs to play with.

I will be happy for Dozier though.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14318
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: MLB News

Post by streakygopher » Wed Oct 23 11:08 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Oct 23 10:55 pm
12-2 and they still have two outs to play with.

I will be happy for Dozier though.
Houston is good enough to come back in this series. They just need to start hitting with guys on base for starters....never know. If they can get to Verlander a second time the script might flip.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7389
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Thirty-Four » Wed Oct 23 11:37 pm

Houston has the talent, but their goose is cooked they’re not win 4 of 5 better than Washington.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16398
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 313 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Oct 24 2:27 am

Screw the Stros and Osuna. Besides my cousin works at the Pentagon and has Nats season tickets so I will softly cheer them on.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: MLB News

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Oct 25 9:46 pm

4-1 Houston in 6th inning (Game 3)

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: MLB News

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Oct 26 7:37 am

And we have a Series again (at least for Saturday night)

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14318
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: MLB News

Post by streakygopher » Sat Oct 26 11:45 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:
Wed Oct 23 11:37 pm
Houston has the talent, but their goose is cooked they’re not win 4 of 5 better than Washington.
It ain't cooked yet! :)

Back to the top pitchers for each team...will Cole and Verlander get beat twice?

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: MLB News

Post by Vegasgopher » Sun Oct 27 7:27 am

Vegasgopher wrote:
Sat Oct 26 7:37 am
And we have a Series again (at least for next 2 games)
Sunday night could be a WS all time classic with Cole vs scherzer with the winner having a 3-2 lead in the series...if its the stros they go home for 2 games needing 1, if the nats win tonight they need to win 1 of 2 at Houston

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: MLB News

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Oct 27 9:04 am

Thirty-Four wrote:
Wed Oct 23 11:37 pm
Houston has the talent, but their goose is cooked they’re not win 4 of 5 better than Washington.
Evidently the oven in Washington malfunctioned 😅 we got us a 2 of 3 now! :ahhh:

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28520
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 250 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Beauner » Sun Oct 27 4:09 pm

No Scherzer tonight for the Nats.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: MLB News

Post by Vegasgopher » Sun Oct 27 5:30 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sun Oct 27 4:09 pm
No Scherzer tonight for the Nats.
This is a really big deal, wow (I know, thanks captain obvious)

Back spasms

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: MLB News

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Oct 27 9:39 pm

MLB umpires are something else. That called 3rd strike in bottom of 7th with 2 outs, was not a strike 🙄 I’m pulling for Houston, but could see that clearly.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Sun Oct 27 9:43 pm

WAS has not gotten a couple strike zone calls tonight. I don't think it's really made a difference, but as the WAS was heard on camera: Wake up! This is the World Series!
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14318
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: MLB News

Post by streakygopher » Sun Oct 27 9:48 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Oct 27 9:39 pm
MLB umpires are something else. That called 3rd strike in bottom of 7th with 2 outs, was not a strike 🙄 I’m pulling for Houston, but could see that clearly.
No , that wasn't a strike. It was maybe 2"- 4" outside, but when it has a little movement coming back and it's coming in at 98 mph it sure can look like it nips the corner. Nobles needs to protect the plate there with 2 strikes, and the reason is now self evident. :)

There are a handful of pitches that go for you and against you each game....sucks for the Nats, but it does go both ways.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Sun Oct 27 9:57 pm

Tonight it kinda hasn't. And WAS being vocal does not help the case. Umps will not give them the benefit of the doubt after being criticized. It's not right, it's the way it is. Note: I have no horse in the race, I want close games all the way. Gimme some good baseball. So far, I am pleased, well, until about the 8th inning in those blowout games. ;)
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2605
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Maize » Sun Oct 27 9:59 pm

Washington shouldn't have booed Trump if they wanted those calls. #CivalWar

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Sun Oct 27 10:00 pm

Maize wrote:
Sun Oct 27 9:59 pm
Washington shouldn't have booed Trump if they wanted those calls. #CivalWar
Ok, that was pretty good.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14318
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: MLB News

Post by streakygopher » Tue Oct 29 10:06 pm

Seventh inning and no posts? WTF?

Strasburg>>>Verlander.

Verlander cementing his legacy of a Cy Young pitcher who can't win the big one.

If this goes one more game it's a coin flip...how weird it would be for the series to end up as all road wins.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Tue Oct 29 10:09 pm

WAS has been screwed the last 2 games.

I just wanted a Game 7, but because of calls lately, I'm leaning towards WAS now, no fault to HOU.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Oct 29 10:14 pm

Fun fact - according to joe buck, as of yet no major sports have had the road team win six games of a series. If Nats win tonight that would be the first time ever. Crazy.

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2612
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: MLB News

Post by D2D » Tue Oct 29 10:17 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 29 10:14 pm
Fun fact - according to joe buck, as of yet no major sports have had the road team win six games of a series. If Nats win tonight that would be the first time ever. Crazy.
So much for the "home field advantage".

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2612
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: MLB News

Post by D2D » Tue Oct 29 10:32 pm

Turn out the lights, congrats Nats!

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Oct 29 10:47 pm

Wouldn’t have thought it likely after game 2, but we’ve got ourselves a game 7!

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Tue Oct 29 10:48 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 29 10:47 pm
Wouldn’t have thought it likely after game 2, but we’ve got ourselves a game 7!
So pumped.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4512
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 82 times
Age: 60

Re: MLB News

Post by Chris83 » Wed Oct 30 12:06 am

I've seen 20 "World Series Game 7" that I can remember. It certainly is one of the coolest things in sports. Here's hoping #21 is a classic.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16398
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 313 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Oct 30 9:42 am

From the greatest Twitter handle ever:

Currently under construction.

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by 00xtremeninja » Wed Oct 30 10:04 am

streakygopher wrote:
Tue Oct 29 10:06 pm
Seventh inning and no posts? WTF?

Strasburg>>>Verlander.

Verlander cementing his legacy of a Cy Young pitcher who can't win the big one.

If this goes one more game it's a coin flip...how weird it would be for the series to end up as all road wins.
You forgetting the performances Verlander put up in 2017 so soon?
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Wed Oct 30 7:52 pm

Image
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: MLB News

Post by Vegasgopher » Wed Oct 30 7:53 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Oct 30 7:52 pm
Image
Hmmmm, thanks captain obvious...who writes these things???

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14440
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Oct 30 8:36 pm

So picking up a guy like Greinke at the trade deadline seems advisable.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3335
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Norm » Wed Oct 30 8:41 pm

A question about the box they show on tv for the strike zone. Is the box bigger for Judge than it is for Altuve? If so, how do they do that?

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14440
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Oct 30 8:46 pm

There are robots that can do parkour and $h!t now lol a digital strikezone that can change size seems feasible
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Wed Oct 30 8:47 pm

Norm wrote:
Wed Oct 30 8:41 pm
A question about the box they show on tv for the strike zone. Is the box bigger for Judge than it is for Altuve? If so, how do they do that?
It should be numbers to knees, but that's not the case anymore. Simple algorithms/codes on a player's heights.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14440
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Oct 30 8:59 pm

I think he's out at 3rd
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Wed Oct 30 9:01 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Wed Oct 30 8:59 pm
I think he's out at 3rd
That was really close, I thought he was out on the replay. Is the "inconclusive" thing (as in the NFL) the same in MLB?
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14440
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Oct 30 9:24 pm

Good for Rendon after he sort of "caused" the second run.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Wed Oct 30 9:26 pm

Things getting interesting. Every game has been really close until about this point in the games....
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Viking
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2969
Joined: Fri Feb 11 3:07 pm
Location: Searching for the elusive beer tree
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 51 times
Age: 51

Re: MLB News

Post by Viking » Wed Oct 30 9:29 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Oct 30 8:47 pm
Norm wrote:
Wed Oct 30 8:41 pm
A question about the box they show on tv for the strike zone. Is the box bigger for Judge than it is for Altuve? If so, how do they do that?
It should be numbers to knees, but that's not the case anymore. Simple algorithms/codes on a player's heights.
When did it change from the armpits to the knees?
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14440
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Oct 30 9:31 pm

Well that turned quickly
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Posts: 1160
Joined: Tue Jul 29 12:50 pm
Location: Mortgage Business
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 35 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Wed Oct 30 9:39 pm

Viking wrote:
Wed Oct 30 9:29 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Oct 30 8:47 pm
Norm wrote:
Wed Oct 30 8:41 pm
A question about the box they show on tv for the strike zone. Is the box bigger for Judge than it is for Altuve? If so, how do they do that?
It should be numbers to knees, but that's not the case anymore. Simple algorithms/codes on a player's heights.
When did it change from the armpits to the knees?
About 40 years ago.

User avatar
Viking
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2969
Joined: Fri Feb 11 3:07 pm
Location: Searching for the elusive beer tree
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 51 times
Age: 51

Re: MLB News

Post by Viking » Wed Oct 30 9:42 pm

Don Adams Wheel of Justice wrote:
Wed Oct 30 9:39 pm
Viking wrote:
Wed Oct 30 9:29 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Oct 30 8:47 pm
Norm wrote:
Wed Oct 30 8:41 pm
A question about the box they show on tv for the strike zone. Is the box bigger for Judge than it is for Altuve? If so, how do they do that?
It should be numbers to knees, but that's not the case anymore. Simple algorithms/codes on a player's heights.
When did it change from the armpits to the knees?
About 40 years ago.
That would explain the all or nothing game of today. And it hasn't been 40 years. It was still armpits when I was in high school in the late 80's.
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7389
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Thirty-Four » Wed Oct 30 10:05 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Oct 27 9:04 am
Thirty-Four wrote:
Wed Oct 23 11:37 pm
Houston has the talent, but their goose is cooked they’re not win 4 of 5 better than Washington.
Evidently the oven in Washington malfunctioned 😅 we got us a 2 of 3 now! :ahhh:
Slow cooked goose. Zombie Goose? They weren’t going to win 4 of 5.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Oct 30 10:10 pm

I was pretty indifferent except for wanting a long enough series to catch some games. I think I’m rooting for an Astros comeback now. Nothing like the roar of a home crowd.

So that means the Nats will win....

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Wed Oct 30 10:17 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Oct 30 10:10 pm
I was pretty indifferent except for wanting a long enough series to catch some games. I think I’m rooting for an Astros comeback now. Nothing like the roar of a home crowd.

So that means the Nats will win....
With the series the way it's been, I just wanted a great Game 7, and so far, it's delivered.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14440
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Oct 30 10:39 pm

Congrats to Washington. After previously competing with us for title of Loserville USA (no titles after 1992 SB until 2018 Stanley Cup), they get another one less than a year and a half later.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8983
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 88 times
Age: 47

Re: MLB News

Post by Steve MN » Wed Oct 30 10:50 pm

And Hudson strikes out the side to seal the World Series in the bottom of the 9th for the Nationals

EDIT: Twins/Cards in 87 was the first World Series where the home team won every game, this is the first where the visiting team won every game.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Oct 30 10:52 pm

Never quite as dramatic when the away team wins it, but congrats Nats, happy for Dozier.
I gather the broadcast is on a slight delay given all the pauses in sound which I presume are bad words. 😆

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Wed Oct 30 10:52 pm

Congrats to the Nats. This was a great series, and will probably be considered underrated in hindsight, years from now.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7755
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by JWG » Wed Oct 30 10:53 pm

Man, if the Twins could have finally solved for the Yankees they could have won this thing.
Good for Dozier.

How odd the visitors won every game. Sucky for the fans.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by 00xtremeninja » Wed Oct 30 10:55 pm

Seeing Scherzers reaction was awesome, we too often forget these guys are human. Happy to see he got his, hes had a hell of a career.
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

User avatar
Viking
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2969
Joined: Fri Feb 11 3:07 pm
Location: Searching for the elusive beer tree
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 51 times
Age: 51

Re: MLB News

Post by Viking » Wed Oct 30 11:04 pm

Anyone else happy for Suzuki as well as Dozier?
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Wed Oct 30 11:07 pm

Viking wrote:
Wed Oct 30 11:04 pm
Anyone else happy for Suzuki as well as Dozier?
Happy for 'em, sure. They just won a ring.

I don't shun them because they are not "One Of Us" anymore.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Oct 30 11:18 pm

Haha Bud light commercial with the two-fisting dude who took the home run off his gut. 😆

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: MLB News

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Oct 31 4:06 am

Thirty-Four wrote:
Wed Oct 30 10:05 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Oct 27 9:04 am
Thirty-Four wrote:
Wed Oct 23 11:37 pm
Houston has the talent, but their goose is cooked they’re not win 4 of 5 better than Washington.
Evidently the oven in Washington malfunctioned 😅 we got us a 2 of 3 now! :ahhh:
Slow cooked goose. Zombie Goose? They weren’t going to win 4 of 5.
lol...easy to say now...your prediction was 3 sheets to the wind 2 days ago...but the sports ⚾️ God is fickle 😉 Good for the Nationals (along with reserves Dozier & Suzuki) I’m happy for those former MN Twins 👍

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9587
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 74 times
Age: 44

Re: MLB News

Post by davescharf » Thu Oct 31 6:25 am

Steve MN wrote:
Wed Oct 30 10:50 pm
And Hudson strikes out the side to seal the World Series in the bottom of the 9th for the Nationals

EDIT: Twins/Cards in 87 was the first World Series where the home team won every game, this is the first where the visiting team won every game.
I read somewhere that in all 4 major sports there had never been a Finals series where the road team won the first 6 games in a best of seven.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7389
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Thirty-Four » Thu Oct 31 7:42 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Thu Oct 31 4:06 am
Thirty-Four wrote:
Wed Oct 30 10:05 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Oct 27 9:04 am
Thirty-Four wrote:
Wed Oct 23 11:37 pm
Houston has the talent, but their goose is cooked they’re not win 4 of 5 better than Washington.
Evidently the oven in Washington malfunctioned 😅 we got us a 2 of 3 now! :ahhh:
Slow cooked goose. Zombie Goose? They weren’t going to win 4 of 5.
lol...easy to say now...your prediction was 3 sheets to the wind 2 days ago...but the sports ⚾️ God is fickle 😉 Good for the Nationals (along with reserves Dozier & Suzuki) I’m happy for those former MN Twins 👍
Except I said it then. Houston was not going to win four of five and they didn’t. I didn’t call a sweep.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Tue Dec 10 11:04 pm

Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman
Breaking: Gerrit Cole to Yankees. 9 years. 36M per. 324M total.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31083
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: MLB News

Post by The Rube » Tue Dec 10 11:13 pm

Gerrit cole in his 7 year career averages 2,716 pitches per year.
Hes getting paid 36 million dollars per year.
Every time he throws a pitch he'll be making 13 grand.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: MLB News

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Dec 11 4:45 pm

Dodgers are in trade talks with the Indians for Lindor :shock:

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5139
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 57 times
Age: 44

Re: MLB News

Post by J22 » Wed Dec 11 5:25 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Dec 11 4:45 pm
Dodgers are in trade talks with the Indians for Lindor :shock:
Might be the best move of the offseason for the Twins.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28520
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 250 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Beauner » Wed Dec 11 8:05 pm

Kluber and Clevinger are also being rumored to be on the block.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28520
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 250 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Beauner » Thu Dec 12 6:26 am

Rendon got paid. 7/245. Angels maybe trying to get Trout to the playoffs!
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: MLB News

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Dec 12 11:39 am

Beauner wrote:
Thu Dec 12 6:26 am
Rendon got paid. 7/245. Angels maybe trying to get Trout to the playoffs!
$35 mil a year for a 3rd basemen. That’s INSANE. But it’s funny how some teams are willing to spend money 💴 in order to give their team the best chance for winning a WS title. And others simply aren’t...

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28520
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 250 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Beauner » Thu Dec 12 2:00 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Thu Dec 12 11:39 am
Beauner wrote:
Thu Dec 12 6:26 am
Rendon got paid. 7/245. Angels maybe trying to get Trout to the playoffs!
$35 mil a year for a 3rd basemen. That’s INSANE. But it’s funny how some teams are willing to spend money 💴 in order to give their team the best chance for winning a WS title. And others simply aren’t...
Yeah signing super expensive free agents worked out perfectly for the Angels the last half a decade or so right?
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: MLB News

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Dec 12 2:23 pm

Beauner wrote:
Thu Dec 12 2:00 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Thu Dec 12 11:39 am
Beauner wrote:
Thu Dec 12 6:26 am
Rendon got paid. 7/245. Angels maybe trying to get Trout to the playoffs!
$35 mil a year for a 3rd basemen. That’s INSANE. But it’s funny how some teams are willing to spend money 💴 in order to give their team the best chance for winning a WS title. And others simply aren’t...
Yeah signing super expensive free agents worked out perfectly for the Angels the last half a decade or so right?
Ya sure you’re not on the Twins payroll? You know more about baseball than anybody on this forum. And you consistently alibi for these cheapskates, no matter what they do. How long does the mileage last on firing Molitor (with you & the Twins?) 😉Seriously, doesn’t it frustrate you (a true baseball wonk) when they win 101 games, and have so far sat on their hands regarding getting the team “impact” starting pitching help for 2020? How high is the bar they need to reach for 2020...for you to be satisfied with their pitching staff?

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14440
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Dec 12 2:26 pm

MN sports fans love accepting status quo
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: MLB News

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Dec 12 2:30 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Dec 12 2:26 pm
MN sports fans love accepting status quo
Well ya...we do regarding tUMD men’s hockey 😉 Couldn’t resist swinging at that hanging curveball Bonin21 🤠

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: MLB News

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Dec 12 3:04 pm

Congrats @bearpaw28 , according to my calculation you have inserted Duluth into all the threads except college football, cutting the cord and the movies :wink:

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: MLB News

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Dec 12 3:17 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Dec 12 3:04 pm
Congrats @bearpaw28 , according to my calculation you have inserted Duluth into all the threads except college football, cutting the cord and the movies :wink:
lol...but c’mon, that one was teed up :biggrin2:

User avatar
MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Apr 10 9:14 pm
Location: Lakeville, MN
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: MLB News

Post by MNNavy » Thu Dec 12 3:36 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Dec 12 3:04 pm
Congrats @bearpaw28 , according to my calculation you have inserted Duluth into all the threads except college football, cutting the cord and the movies :wink:
Give him time.
It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. - Thomas Sowell

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28520
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 250 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Beauner » Thu Dec 12 5:17 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Thu Dec 12 2:23 pm
Beauner wrote:
Thu Dec 12 2:00 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Thu Dec 12 11:39 am
Beauner wrote:
Thu Dec 12 6:26 am
Rendon got paid. 7/245. Angels maybe trying to get Trout to the playoffs!
$35 mil a year for a 3rd basemen. That’s INSANE. But it’s funny how some teams are willing to spend money 💴 in order to give their team the best chance for winning a WS title. And others simply aren’t...
Yeah signing super expensive free agents worked out perfectly for the Angels the last half a decade or so right?
Ya sure you’re not on the Twins payroll? You know more about baseball than anybody on this forum. And you consistently alibi for these cheapskates, no matter what they do. How long does the mileage last on firing Molitor (with you & the Twins?) 😉Seriously, doesn’t it frustrate you (a true baseball wonk) when they win 101 games, and have so far sat on their hands regarding getting the team “impact” starting pitching help for 2020? How high is the bar they need to reach for 2020...for you to be satisfied with their pitching staff?
How is what i said an advocation for them to sit on their wallets?
I said i want to see them sign Ryu and Bumgarner or Kuechel. I also said I'd like to see them trade Rosario for another young pitcher.

I'm just making a statement here that LA's previous forays into huge free agent acquisitions has been largely terrible. And its a joke at the expense of my favorite hitter of all time. :ahhh:
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: MLB News

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Dec 13 8:37 pm

MLB network is going to count down the top 40 bat flips. They must be hard up for content.

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7314
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: MLB News

Post by Iceburg » Fri Dec 13 8:41 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Dec 13 8:37 pm
MLB network is going to count down the top 40 bat flips. They must be hard up for content.
I watch a fair amount of MLB. I will be passing on this.
Image

Retired Thread Police

Post Reply