NFL NEWS

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Alby22
Rookie
Been liked: 7 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Alby22 » Thu Sep 26 9:18 am

Lets not forget that Mannings years in Indy meant great to perfect weather conditions for atleast 12 games a year being in the AFC south. Brady plays in New England and the AFC East with worse weather and wind. Both all timers but ill take Brady.

trixR4kids
Veteran
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by trixR4kids » Thu Sep 26 9:29 am

Playing in Foxboro has always been a huge advantage to the Patriots. Without looking at any stats I'm pretty sure their home field advantage there is pretty significant.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Thu Sep 26 6:57 pm

Notwithstanding my intellectual laziness, passive aggressiveness, absurdity and delusion, it is an absolute treat to watch you give it your all in the continued defense of an inferior argument.

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Thu Sep 26 9:37 pm

Cool beans

Look, the only reason I consider your arguments lazy is because they literally sound like something an ESPN "analyst" like Skip, a guy who gets paid to troll for a living (and Peyton Manning), would say. I mean you make a lot of the exact same arguments he does.

Honestly I think with how good the Pats were defensively and how ahead of the curve Bellicheck was, you probably could have put a number of QBs on that team and they win 3 superbowls and have a much better playoff record. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers, Brees or either Manning won 3 superbowls with those teams. That's not to discredit what Brady did by any means, I put him right in that company with the names above, all are very elite quarterbacks.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Sep 27 9:59 am

Slap Shot wrote:
trixR4kids wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:Manning is credited with 1 career playoff comeback and 1 career winning playoff drive, Brady 3 and 4 respectively. Also Manning had Edgerrin James who topped 1,500, 1,700, 1,200 then 1,500 2x with Manning, Addai with 2 1,000+ seasons, Harrison who averaged 1,400 yds over an 8 year stretch, Pollard at TE and Wayne with 1,000+ for 7 straight years. Troy Brown hit 1,000 once, Branch topped 900 once, Patten topped at 800+, Dillon had one spectacular year there, A Smith one year, Faulk never. While NE did arguably have some very good defenses during that time, Indy had the 15th ranked D in 2000, 7th in 2002, 2nd in 2005, 1st in 2007, 7th in 2008 and 8th in 2009. Bitches please. :mrgreen:

James was putting those numbers up for the most part before Peyton really hit his prime. Dillon did it when Brady was in his prime with a top defense. That's why they won a superbowl in 2004.

As far as D, like I said the Colts had a good D a handful of times but their losses during those years were to teams that were just overall constructed better. ie: Chargers and Steelers.

Manning had a 1,000 yard rusher in nearly every year they were in contention (if not every) Dillon had ONE season at that mark, and its not like the Pats lost to bad teams in the AFC playoffs. You also conveniently ignored the rest of that post, so I give up. :)

Trix hasn't yet figured it OUT...that on the very rare occasions that Slap Shot and bearpaw agree 100% on something...YOU LOSE...to paraphrase Samuel Jackson from Pulp Fiction..."your argued view is the WEAK and Slap Shot/bearpaw's argument is the STRONG" . Accordingly, Brady' > Peyton. :biggrin2:

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by Beauner » Fri Sep 27 12:01 pm

trixR4kids wrote:Cool beans

Look, the only reason I consider your arguments lazy is because they literally sound like something an ESPN "analyst" like Skip, a guy who gets paid to troll for a living (and Peyton Manning), would say. I mean you make a lot of the exact same arguments he does.

So the argument is lazy because he's not using VORP, WAR, UZR, OPS+, WOBA and WRWOWTOBT (Wins Replacing Wins Obtained When The Other Team Beat Themselves)? :roll:
Just because it was said on ESPN doesn't mean it's lazy or incorrect.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Fri Sep 27 12:36 pm

Why not actually address some of the arguments in this thread instead of going "LOL STAT NERD!!~~~"?

The arguments are lazy because ESPN purposefully tries to appeal to the lowest common denominator (especially with Skip) with much of their "analysis" and this is a pretty good example of that.

I mean I'm hardly even using statistics in this argument other than team defense by points, which isn't exactly difficult to comprehend.

And you act like use of stats is only something nerds who don't watch/understand the game use. Even though the A's have one of the highest win% of the last 2 years with half the (cheap according to you) Twins payroll, Mike Babcock and Paul Maclean use them as NHL coaches to make lineup decisions, and they're slowly becoming more mainstream in just about every major sport. Were you just really bad at math or something? I don't really get why you're so averse to statistics and lash out at them even in a thread where they're hardly used...?

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri Sep 27 1:01 pm

Goodell talks about changing preseason and post season games and format.

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Fri Sep 27 1:10 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... yer-safety

Link to what Hobey is talking about.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Fri Sep 27 2:09 pm

trixR4kids wrote:Why not actually address some of the arguments in this thread instead of going "LOL STAT NERD!!~~~"?

The arguments are lazy because ESPN purposefully tries to appeal to the lowest common denominator (especially with Skip) with much of their "analysis" and this is a pretty good example of that.

I mean I'm hardly even using statistics in this argument other than team defense by points, which isn't exactly difficult to comprehend.

And you act like use of stats is only something nerds who don't watch/understand the game use. Even though the A's have one of the highest win% of the last 2 years with half the (cheap according to you) Twins payroll, Mike Babcock and Paul Maclean use them as NHL coaches to make lineup decisions, and they're slowly becoming more mainstream in just about every major sport. Were you just really bad at math or something? I don't really get why you're so averse to statistics and lash out at them even in a thread where they're hardly used...?

1) I've probably been a fan of "OMG STATS" for longer than you. I just also know there are certain aspects of sports that aren't measured by a calculator.
2) I'm on your side (I'd take Manning over Brady).
3) When have I ever acted like stats is only something nerds who don't understand the game use when I've stated hundreds of times that I've used them consistently when coaching and generally like them? (Again, see the second half of #1)

I'm just saying that you're calling another person's argument lazy because he's stating an opinion rooted in fact and you're arguing back using virtually the same thing (facts--namely that the Pats defense was better than the Colts, which sounds exactly like something Chris Berman would say on ESPN).

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Fri Sep 27 2:51 pm

Well at least we agree on #2.

Beauner wrote:
1) I've probably been a fan of "OMG STATS" for longer than you. I just also know there are certain aspects of sports that aren't measured by a calculator.

Fine, but why is your response the tired, "can't measure everything with a calculator"? When have I ever said that every aspect of sports can be measured by a calculator? When has anyone for that matter? I think you can pretty definitively to measure a player's worth especially as our understanding of them increases, but "measure everything" seems like something a politician would say to try and frame the argument an entirely different way than was originally intended.

I'm not trying to be condescending toward you, I just get tired of hearing about how advanced stats aren't good at measuring something they were never intended for.

3) When have I ever acted like stats is only something nerds who don't understand the game use when I've stated hundreds of times that I've used them consistently when coaching and generally like them? (Again, see the second half of #1)

Well it's certainly possible I've confused Bushwood or slap shot's hatred of stats with you, but you do seem to enjoy trolling everytime I use stats to make an argument. Again, it's hard to keep it all straight since you guys more or less argue the same thing with different variations (when it comes to anything stat related).

I'm just saying that you're calling another person's argument lazy because he's stating an opinion rooted in fact and you're arguing back using virtually the same thing (facts--namely that the Pats defense was better than the Colts, which sounds exactly like something Chris Berman would say on ESPN).

Because the problem is they usually look at one stat, ignore all others, and then make an argument that constantly gets made by a 24/7 sports network that goes out of their way to appeal to the LCD. At the very least we can look at advanced statistics and say that they aren't biased or based on some heuristic. ie: Peyton's postseason record as proof that he's a habitual choker (or however you want to phrase it). Usually these are the same people who said the same thing about Matt Ryan after the game last year, even though his defense completely blew it on that final drive of the NFC championship and his play was solid (the only int he threw being one where the receiver fell mid route). It's a lot easier to make an argument based off of one or two stats (SB rings, postseason record) than really think about the many different factors that might cause this disparity. It's a lot easier to look at Joe Mauer's HR total and say he's not worth 23 million than look at 5 more complicated stats and realize that he's been one of the best players in the MLB over the last 5 years. Or that Cabrera is better than Trout because he hit more HR's and RBI's while completely ignoring defense and baserunning and that the offense he generates is not as far behind Cabrera's as some would lead you to believe.

That's why I argue that the logic being used in this particular debate is lazy, there just isn't much other than a small sample size postseason record (admittedly most football stats are going to be small sample size), while playing for teams that have had incompetent defenses for 8 of the 12 seasons, to suggest that the postseason shortcomings were the result of Peyton's shortcomings.

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by gopherguy13 » Fri Sep 27 3:47 pm

Such a helpless look on his face :lol:

Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Fri Sep 27 3:52 pm

gopherguy13 wrote:Such a helpless look on his face :lol:

Hahahaha that's fantastic.

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Fri Sep 27 4:02 pm

That pretty much sums up Matt Leinart's NFL career.

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Fri Sep 27 6:27 pm

trixR4kids wrote:That pretty much sums up Matt Leinart's NFL career.

That happens to be Sam Bradford.

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Fri Sep 27 6:47 pm

I know

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Fri Sep 27 7:06 pm

trixR4kids wrote:I know

Then why would you make a comment about Matt Leinart in reference to a picture of Sam Bradford?

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by The Rube » Fri Sep 27 8:39 pm

Bushwood Gopher wrote:

Then why would you make a comment about Matt Leinart in reference to a picture of Sam Bradford?

Whoosh.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Sat Sep 28 1:28 am

lol

sunbone
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by sunbone » Sat Sep 28 9:46 am

Bushwood Gopher wrote:

You are just too lazy to try and deduce what that means.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 286 times

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Sep 28 4:11 pm

I don't get it either. :oops: :D

Sioux/Bucky Hater
Golden
Golden

Post by Sioux/Bucky Hater » Sat Sep 28 5:03 pm

Bushwood Gopher wrote:

Still waiting.

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Sat Sep 28 5:07 pm

Whioux/Bucky Hater wrote:
Bushwood Gopher wrote:

Still waiting.

Because Matt Leinart is dating Sam Bradford's sister, I think.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Sep 28 5:51 pm

Ben Roethlisberger: HE'S SAYING THAT LEINART AND BRADFORD HAVE THE SAME ABILITY AS QUARTERBACKS! THEY BOTH SUCK!

Payton Manning: Thanks, Great Rape Ape. Way to explain the joke and ruin it.

Tom Brady: No kidding. Go back to your schoolbus that is marked "School For Wayward Girls," Doofus McGee.

/QBfacebookwars
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Armadillo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Armadillo » Sat Sep 28 6:46 pm

I honestly can't believe that had to be explained.
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube

Have a question about comas? Ask me, I've been in one!

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Sat Sep 28 6:52 pm

lolz

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Sat Sep 28 7:09 pm

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 286 times

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Sep 28 7:59 pm

Armadillo wrote:I honestly can't believe that had to be explained.

An internet meme from a year ago should still be fresh? :)

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Sep 28 8:06 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Armadillo wrote:I honestly can't believe that had to be explained.

An internet meme from a year ago should still be fresh? :)

The fact that the actual Leinart joke had to be explained. And the QB Wars are starting up again. I don't think there was one for week 1, but there was for week 2 (NSFW, language):

http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat ... te-day-13/

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 29 10:31 am

Josh Freeman is inactive. I think that just about ends his career in TB.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Orion
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Orion » Sun Sep 29 6:03 pm

How bad is it when Fox switches games due to an ass kicking!? Thanks Denver.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Sep 29 8:55 pm

Steelers great LC Greenwood dies at age 67.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 29 11:38 pm

Apparently the early line on DEN-JAX is 28. 28. This is the NFL. Think about that.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Steve MN » Mon Sep 30 8:06 am

The Rube wrote:Apparently the early line on DEN-JAX is 28. 28. This is the NFL. Think about that.

Well... Vegas needs to find SOMEthing that will get people to put money on Jacksonville.

This about this stat. Denver is (not surprisingly) the highest scoring team in the league so far. The Bears are second, averaging 13 fewer points per game. That's almost 2 TDs/game more than the second best scoring team. :shock:
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Sep 30 12:17 pm

Steve_MN wrote:
The Rube wrote:Apparently the early line on DEN-JAX is 28. 28. This is the NFL. Think about that.

Well... Vegas needs to find SOMEthing that will get people to put money on Jacksonville.

This about this stat. Denver is (not surprisingly) the highest scoring team in the league so far. The Bears are second, averaging 13 fewer points per game. That's almost 2 TDs/game more than the second best scoring team. :shock:

Denver is averaging more PPG than the Jaguars and Bills have scored TOTAL this season.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sat Oct 05 3:26 pm

Pres. Obama said he woul consider changing the name of the Redskins if he owned the team.

Hammy
Veteran
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Hammy » Sat Oct 05 5:37 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:Pres. Obama said he woul consider changing the name of the Redskins if he owned the team.

Could you imagine showing a black person in a logo and calling a team the Blackskins or something like that?

I'll never understand the attachment to a nickname anyway. Is the Houston market worse off with the Texans or the Oilers? So stupid. As we'll see with UND, it's not like things disappear or fall apart because you have a different logo/nickname.
Twitter: Hammy Hockey

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sat Oct 05 5:53 pm

My god I leave for a few months and this it what it comes down to? Having to explain jokes about Leinhart and Bradford? Sweet Jeebus.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Oct 06 6:17 pm

Tony Romo has 506 passing yards with half of the 4th quarter left. Cowboys leading the Broncos 48-41.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Oct 06 6:18 pm

Beauner wrote:Tony Romo has 506 passing yards with half of the 4th quarter left. Cowboys leading the Broncos 48-41.

The FB QB Wars should be completely awesome this week. :shock: :lol:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Oct 06 6:21 pm

The Rube wrote:
Beauner wrote:Tony Romo has 506 passing yards with half of the 4th quarter left. Cowboys leading the Broncos 48-41.

The FB QB Wars should be completely awesome this week. :shock: :lol:

The intervenception last week was hilarious. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Sun Oct 06 6:24 pm

Wow, what an awesome game.

Screw good defenses; two offenses going all out, blow for blow, is much better. This is some entertaining stuff! :dup:

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Oct 06 6:25 pm

.........................And there's the RomoLOL we all know and love.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 75 times

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Oct 06 6:25 pm

Will the real Tony Romo please stand up...
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Sun Oct 06 6:33 pm

I'm loling at all the people on Twitter and other football message boards patting themselves on the back right now for predicting that Romo INT.

Wow, you predicted a Tony Romo game changing INT??? Great job, did you also predict that you will have a successful bowel movement in the next 5 days? :lol:

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Oct 06 6:34 pm

gopherguy13 wrote:I'm loling at all the people on Twitter and other football message boards patting themselves on the back right now for predicting that Romo INT.

Wow, you predicted a Tony Romo game changing INT??? Great job, did you also predict that you would have a successful bowel movement in the next 5 days? :lol:

Most of us were just waiting for it to happen. We were going into shock.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Oct 06 7:09 pm

The Rube wrote:
gopherguy13 wrote:I'm loling at all the people on Twitter and other football message boards patting themselves on the back right now for predicting that Romo INT.

Wow, you predicted a Tony Romo game changing INT??? Great job, did you also predict that you would have a successful bowel movement in the next 5 days? :lol:

The guy throws for 506 yards and 5 TDs and ends up with a better overall line than Manning, yet he chokes because his defense allowed 51 points and couldn't stop the Broncos.
Gotta love it... :roll:

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Oct 06 7:15 pm

Beauner wrote:
The Rube wrote:

The guy throws for 506 yards and 5 TDs and ends up with a better overall line than Manning, yet he chokes because his defense allowed 51 points and couldn't stop the Broncos.

Kinda Ponder like...ehh Beauner :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: Romo will always be Romo! :ahhh:

Armadillo
Golden
Golden

Post by Armadillo » Sun Oct 06 7:23 pm

I've long been a Romo-basher, but I gotta side with Beauner here. He played a better game than Peyton Friggin' Manning. If your team scores 48 points and loses, I don't know how you can legitimately pin that on the QB.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Oct 06 7:34 pm

If your QB gives your defense a lead in the last 2 minutes...*ahem*

Romo had a helluva game. DEFENSE FAILED (even if it was against the non-human Peyton). Kinda funny to see the rationalization from other camps, though. :wink:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by streakygopher » Sun Oct 06 7:35 pm

Beauner wrote:
The Rube wrote:

Add that Romo made an accurate throw, but the coverage was perfect and the receiver made no separation...and the defender made a really terrific play on the ball...and made a highlight reel catch.

gobig6
Veteran

Post by gobig6 » Sun Oct 06 7:35 pm

The Rube wrote:If your QB gives your defense a lead in the last 2 minutes...*ahem*

Romo had a helluva game. DEFENSE FAILED (even if it was against the non-human Peyton). Kinda funny to see the rationalization from other camps, though. :wink:

It has to be Ponder's fault. :lol:

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Oct 06 7:40 pm

We'll I do agree on one thing...Romo is no Ponder. Ponder could never throw for 500 yds and 5 TD's in a single NFL game, even if the opponent's cheerleaders played D during the 2nd half. :)

But Romo does have an unfortunate habit of making a key mistake at a critical moment....and has for years. BUT even I got to pin it on the Dallas D today :)

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Sun Oct 06 9:19 pm

I think everyone agrees that Romo was definitely not at fault for that loss.

Armadillo
Golden
Golden

Post by Armadillo » Sun Oct 06 9:28 pm

You would think so.

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Sun Oct 06 9:35 pm

Armadillo wrote:You would think so.

I was just saying that predicting a game changing mistake by Romo is not hard to predict :D

His INT was game changing. However, he's not the one to blame for the loss. 500+ yards, 5 TD, and 1 INT is definitely not a line to point fingers at!

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 51 times

Post by streakygopher » Sun Oct 06 10:11 pm

Payton had a late-game INT, too...can't remember what Cowboys did with it but think they scored...so..."there it is...." :good2:

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Steve MN » Mon Oct 07 8:19 am

The Rube wrote:If your QB gives your defense a lead in the last 2 minutes...*ahem*

I'll bash Romo as much as most people, but when you're throwing for 500+ yards, 5 TDs but your defense can't force a single punt the entire game? That's not the QB's fault.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

McMac
Veteran

Post by McMac » Mon Oct 07 10:41 am

Can we all just take a minute to really appreciate how great Peyton Manning is? He's on track for ~6000 yards, 60+ TDs, and 3 INTS this season. Absolutely incredible line so far this season.

136.4 Passer Rating, 92.04 Total QB Rating at this point in the season. Wow.

Gopher Hockey Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by Gopher Hockey Rube » Mon Oct 07 10:43 am

McMac wrote:Can we all just take a minute to really appreciate how great Peyton Manning is? He's on track for ~6000 yards, 60+ TDs, and 3 INTS this season. Absolutely incredible line so far this season.

That's great and all but he's no Tom Brady. ;) :)

Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Oct 07 10:44 am

McMac wrote:Can we all just take a minute to really appreciate how great Peyton Manning is? He's on track for ~6000 yards, 60+ TDs, and 3 INTS this season. Absolutely incredible line so far this season.

If I was not bombarded it every six seconds, sure. Peyton is class, a top 5 all time QB, and having the kind of season we have never seen. That said, I am really, really sick of hearing about it. :)

McMac
Veteran

Post by McMac » Mon Oct 07 10:56 am

Thirty-Four wrote:

If I was not bombarded it every six seconds, sure. Peyton is class, a top 5 all time QB, and having the kind of season we have never seen. That said, I am really, really sick of hearing about it. :)

I feel like it needs to be stated, at minimum, once after each of these compounding offensive masterpieces. :mrgreen:

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by YoungEagle » Mon Oct 07 11:37 am

Yeah but thats just it, he played a hell of a game for 57 minutes, and when it mattered he choked and lost the game. People are always saying how QB's are supposed to have short memories and so really what he did up until that point is irrelevant. tie game two minutes he has to get dallas down into field goal range and he failed by throwing an awful pass to a well covered receiver. Typical Romo.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Oct 07 11:59 am

I'm not a huge Romo guy, but yesterday was not a game to call him out for anything. On the pick, you could just as easily blame the receiver for not running the right route. Based on how Romo was throwing the ball yesterday, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Gopherguy05
Veteran
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Gopherguy05 » Mon Oct 07 1:00 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:I'm not a huge Romo guy, but yesterday was not a game to call him out for anything. On the pick, you could just as easily blame the receiver for not running the right route. Based on how Romo was throwing the ball yesterday, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

When Dallas misses the playoffs by one game, guarantee you this is the game that gets brought up though....and it won't be because the D sucked...

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Tue Oct 08 1:31 am

Jay Glazer reporting Packers Clay Mathews fractured his thumb, had surgery and will miss 4 to 6 weeks.

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by YoungEagle » Tue Oct 08 6:36 am

Gopherguy05 wrote:
Thirty-Four wrote:I'm not a huge Romo guy, but yesterday was not a game to call him out for anything. On the pick, you could just as easily blame the receiver for not running the right route. Based on how Romo was throwing the ball yesterday, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

When Dallas misses the playoffs by one game, guarantee you this is the game that gets brought up though....and it won't be because the D sucked...

This ^ all people will remember is the late int.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Tue Oct 08 7:18 am

Beauner wrote:
The Rube wrote:

This argument sounds vaguely familiar...

mnwildfan79
Golden
Golden

Post by mnwildfan79 » Tue Oct 08 7:19 am

Gopherguy05 wrote:

The only problem with that theory is that Dallas might only need 7 wins to win the NFC lEast :ddown:
Last edited by mnwildfan79 on Tue Oct 08 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Oct 08 11:02 am

mnwildfan79 wrote:
Gopherguy05 wrote:

The only problem with that theory is that Dallas might only need 7 wins to win the AFC lEast :ddown:

Too bad they're in the NFC.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

psych
Veteran

Post by psych » Tue Oct 08 5:43 pm

mnwildfan79 wrote:
Gopherguy05 wrote:

The only problem with that theory is that Dallas might only need 7 wins to win the AFC lEast :ddown:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A[/youtube]

mnwildfan79
Golden
Golden

Post by mnwildfan79 » Tue Oct 08 5:50 pm

You guys know what I meant.

:oops:

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Tue Oct 08 6:00 pm

mnwildfan79 wrote:You guys know what I meant.

:oops:

Don't you know the rules of the internet? One typo/brain fart lands you in internet jail for 24 hours!

rowshkex
Veteran

Post by rowshkex » Tue Oct 08 6:07 pm

"NFL commits to three games in London for 2014 season"
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... 014-season

This seems like a good idea from a league standpoint (obviously NOT from an individual team standpoint--either for the players or management)... NFL Europe reborn, but integrated into the league: Superbowl = NFL America vs. NFL Europe
is rice chex.
is not Raphael.
is not quite Rau.
is not a hockey mind.
is a 1 time GPL Pick 'Em Weekly Non-Winner Tiebreaker Champion.
GPL's Resident Popcorn Popper :popcorn:

Orion
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Orion » Tue Oct 08 7:19 pm

So if it's so hard to get into Canada with a DWI how does the NFL not have issues with players getting into Europe?