NFL NEWS

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Alby22
Rookie
Been liked: 6 times

Re: NFL NEWS

Post by Alby22 » Tue Nov 29 4:17 pm

Who cares what Tebows record is so far, most NFL teams will give games away with turnovers and penaties if you let them. The question you have to ask yourself is do you want/think Tebow will lead your team to playoff victories and superbowl victories? I say no, he is a polarizing guy and good for fodder but not a great QB.

Dances With Gophers
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Dances With Gophers » Tue Nov 29 4:35 pm

Never mess with a winning streak.

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by The Rube » Sat Dec 03 10:34 pm

Tebow Drinking Game. You knew it was coming:

http://www.chicagonow.com/lists-that-ac ... king-game/
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Dec 07 11:38 pm

So, uh, I guess the tatt studio (buddy's kid) that did my Gaelic cross tatt this past September, also did the following tatt:

And lo and behold:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp13419
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Dec 08 2:59 am

The Rube wrote:So, uh, I guess the tatt studio (buddy's kid) that did my Gaelic cross tatt this past September, also did the following tatt:

And lo and behold:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp13419

That's...um...well......gay.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Dec 10 2:40 pm

Turns out the tattoo is because of a bet:

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=7333526

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Sun Dec 11 6:12 pm

Marion Barber must be buttbuddies with Tebow. This is friggin' ridiculous.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Dec 11 6:14 pm

Tee09 wrote:Marion Barber must be buttbuddies with Tebow. This is friggin' ridiculous.

You cannot make this up anymore. This is just comical!

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Sun Dec 11 6:15 pm

The Rube wrote:
Tee09 wrote:Marion Barber must be buttbuddies with Tebow. This is friggin' ridiculous.

I know how all the other teams who got Tebowed feel. It's surreal.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Dec 11 6:18 pm

Tee09 wrote:
The Rube wrote:

It's script-like: don't do anything for the first 57 minutes, then turn on the Teeeeeboooowwww! Machine, and Denver wins.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Sun Dec 11 6:19 pm

The Rube wrote:
Tee09 wrote:
The Rube wrote:

It's script-like: don't do anything for the first 57 minutes, then turn on the Teeeeeboooowwww! Machine, and Denver wins.

Marion Barber has lost the game twice.

Gopherguy05
Veteran
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Gopherguy05 » Sun Dec 11 6:20 pm

Dances With Gophers wrote:
JWG wrote:The Bears won't make the playoffs. This will cripple them (I say that as a Bears fan).

I don't see how they'll miss? They still have a shut-down Defense.

They'll play @ OAK - winnable game.
Hosting KC - girl, please.
Playing Tebow. Baby Footbaw Jesus will get destroyed trying to run their option offense against the likes of Peppers and Co.

Hosting Seattle - Tavaris Jackson? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
At Lambeau - probably will get jailsexed by Rodgers and Co.
At Minny for last game of the season - at this point, if we're the only thing standing between them and the playoffs AND All Day is still out as a precautionary measure...smart $$$ is on Chicago.

Oops.....

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Sun Dec 11 6:20 pm

Absolute BS.

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Sun Dec 11 6:22 pm

Gopherguy05 wrote:
Dances With Gophers wrote:
JWG wrote:The Bears won't make the playoffs. This will cripple them (I say that as a Bears fan).

I don't see how they'll miss? They still have a shut-down Defense.

They'll play @ OAK - winnable game.
Hosting KC - girl, please.
Playing Tebow. Baby Footbaw Jesus will get destroyed trying to run their option offense against the likes of Peppers and Co.

Hosting Seattle - Tavaris Jackson? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
At Lambeau - probably will get jailsexed by Rodgers and Co.
At Minny for last game of the season - at this point, if we're the only thing standing between them and the playoffs AND All Day is still out as a precautionary measure...smart $$$ is on Chicago.

Oops.....

Johnny Knox must be sacrificed to the football gods. Wear better cleats jackass.

Gopherguy05
Veteran
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Gopherguy05 » Sun Dec 11 6:24 pm

Today is bad day to remember that Barber is a former Gopher.....

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Sun Dec 11 6:25 pm

Gopherguy05 wrote:Today is bad day to remember that Barber is a former Gopher.....

He was coached by Glen...

The worst part is all the talk will be about Tebow magic.

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 11 6:28 pm

Tee09 wrote:
Gopherguy05 wrote:Today is bad day to remember that Barber is a former Gopher.....

You got Tebowed. Take it like a man.

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Sun Dec 11 6:38 pm

dxmnkd316 wrote:
Tee09 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Sun Dec 11 6:40 pm

Bushwood Gopher wrote:
dxmnkd316 wrote:
Tee09 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortunately I watch the Gophers, so it's not the first inexplicable loss I've seen this year.

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by JWG » Sun Dec 11 6:53 pm

I should be more specific. This Bears team won't win another game. Pitiful. This yoyo play year over year is ridiculous. With an unstoppable GB and a surging Detroit, the Bears are at risk of sliding into oblivion in years forward as their defense ages yet another year. Something needs to change in Chicago. One good year does not excuse the next being a wreck. And yes, going from 7-3 to missing the playoffs is a wreck. Injuries are not an excuse for this mess.
JWG
[This space for rent]

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 11 6:56 pm

JWG wrote:

I should be more specific. This Bears team won't win another game. Pitiful. This yoyo play year over year is ridiculous. With an unstoppable GB and a surging Detroit, the Bears are at risk of sliding into oblivion in years forward as their defense ages yet another year. Something needs to change in Chicago. One good year does not excuse the next being a wreck. And yes, going from 7-3 to missing the playoffs is a wreck. Injuries are not an excuse for this mess.

Oh please. You'll have the Vikings beneath you to soften the fall from grace. :lol:

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 11 7:16 pm

Does listening to a Tebow press conference count as going to church?

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Chris83 » Sun Dec 11 8:24 pm

Absolutely, awesomely hilarious!!!! I love it!!!! :lol: :dup:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Dec 11 8:30 pm

How long before there's a cartoon called The Tebows?

Example of what I mean:

So, I got home from work, and I Tebowed the game, and got Tebowed at the result. So I Tebowed some more, because I was really Tebowy. However, Saturday, some other Tebows and I went to the game, and we Tebowed our team, and then went Tebowing at the bar afterwards. It was Tebow-riffic!

/end Smurfs rip-off.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 11 9:11 pm

Bob Costas for the win.

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Sun Dec 11 10:56 pm

Dallas losing that way made up for an otherwise crappy day of football.

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Sun Dec 11 11:07 pm

The league has made a farce out of the most climactic part of the entire game. Stopping the play after the ball has already been snapped is utterly ridiculous. There's a simple solution to this crap--don't allow the opposing defense to call a timeout with less than 10 seconds on the play clock. You want to ice the kicker? Fine, that's your right. Make use of the other 25 seconds you have on the play clock. Just don't do it right before/while the ball is being snapped so the kicker wastes a field goal effort. If the refs can't get to the line in time to stop the snap then that by definition is too late. This stuff has gotten absurd. And I am by no means a Dallas fan...

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 217 times

Post by Beauner » Sun Dec 11 11:42 pm

Bushwood Gopher wrote:The league has made a farce out of the most climactic part of the entire game. Stopping the play after the ball has already been snapped is utterly ridiculous. There's a simple solution to this crap--don't allow the opposing defense to call a timeout with less than 10 seconds on the play clock. You want to ice the kicker? Fine, that's your right. Make use of the other 25 seconds you have on the play clock. Just don't do it right before/while the ball is being snapped so the kicker wastes a field goal effort. If the refs can't get to the line in time to stop the snap then that by definition is too late. This stuff has gotten absurd. And I am by no means a Dallas fan...

Agree completely. I hate that stupid BS. It should be called a delay of game, a 5 yard penalty (optional depending on if the kick goes through the uprights or not). It's absolute BS. Didn't college football ban this recently?
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Mon Dec 12 12:13 am

Looked like they snapped the ball after the whistle was blown. The ball's not snapped, you should be able to call a timeout whenever you want. Most kickers will tell you they appreciate the free practice, which is why they followed through with it even after the timeout was called. His line just blew it on the second try. As long as it's before the play starts, it is, and should be, legit. Any value it has (and statistically, there isn't any) comes from uncertainty on when and whether the TO will be called.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Dec 12 12:18 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNC8xRo9vXY[/youtube]

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Dec 12 8:12 am

Beauner wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNC8xRo9vXY[/youtube]

You win the internet! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Mon Dec 12 11:19 am

Tee09 wrote:Looked like they snapped the ball after the whistle was blown. The ball's not snapped, you should be able to call a timeout whenever you want. Most kickers will tell you they appreciate the free practice, which is why they followed through with it even after the timeout was called. His line just blew it on the second try. As long as it's before the play starts, it is, and should be, legit. Any value it has (and statistically, there isn't any) comes from uncertainty on when and whether the TO will be called.

Do you think the farce that game ending/tying kicks have now become is good for the game? I don't. Not by a long shot.

It's like watching a fantastic movie for two hours with a ridiculous ending. You walk out of the theater feeling cheated. And that's exactly what the league has allowed to happen with these kicks. You are right, the ball was snapped after the whistle was blown. It doesn't matter--the refs still can't get to the line in time to stop the play and that is what's relevant. So it's inevitable that you are going to have a kick. And fans go crazy, players do too only to have to do everything over again. It is a cluster and turns an otherwise very entertaining game into a bit of a sham.

As to the kicker enjoying the practice, I would ask the kicker question #1 and the opposing coach question #2:
(1). Do you like having to attempt another field goal after you have already made it the first time? My guess is no. I understand he responds with a resounding 'yes' if it's a miss, but personally I have seen 'make/miss' a whole lot more than I've seen 'miss/make.' The proof of this is that coaches keep calling the timeouts. If it was the latter they wouldn't keep doing this.
(2). Why do you wait until the last possible second to call the timeout? My guess here is they actually want the kicker to waste a kick. Otherwise why wait? It seems unusual that the opposing coach and the kicker would both be on the same page of wanting the "trial run" kick to happen.

One more point--you can't call a timeout whenever you want anyway. You are not allowed to call two timeouts consecutively. The league has already placed a restriction on them and they should also do so on these kicks. I like the 10 second play clock suggestion with a 5 yard penalty if you call it under that time frame.

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Mon Dec 12 11:29 am

Getting to the line is irrelevant. Thats why they have whistles.

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Mon Dec 12 11:30 am

Tee09 wrote:Getting to the line is irrelevant. Thats why they have whistles.

Yep. And they are rarely if ever heard at the end of the game with 60,000 people all yelling in unison.

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Mon Dec 12 11:33 am

So by your logic, a play after a procedure penalty should count because nobody can hear a whistle? How about late hits?

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Dec 12 11:57 am

Kinda NSFW (the last 2 seconds for sure he uses the F :censored: word)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86dIxR6GWJg[/youtube]

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Mon Dec 12 12:09 pm

Tee09 wrote:So by your logic, a play after a procedure penalty should count because nobody can hear a whistle? How about late hits?

Since I never said anything close to that, it seems to be your logic and not mine. And it isn't a logical follow anyway. My point about the kick was not that the play should count, only that the league should do what it can to prevent the silliness of the situation from occurring in the first place.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Hobey Baker » Mon Dec 12 6:17 pm

Regarding Tebow:

Shouldn't the bigger story be about how much of a winner this kid is (Heisman, Natl Championship, college record, his NFL winning streak and how nice of a kid this guy is) vs the religion? We could be talking about another roid case, girlfriend beating or love boat scandal. Is his faith that much of a story or should it be that big of an issue?

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Mon Dec 12 7:07 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:Regarding Tebow:

Shouldn't the bigger story be about how much of a winner this kid is (Heisman, Natl Championship, college record, his NFL winning streak and how nice of a kid this guy is) vs the religion? We could be talking about another roid case, girlfriend beating or love boat scandal. Is his faith that much of a story or should it be that big of an issue?

In a sane society, you would be correct. But he would be better off, and much less "controversial," if he had (a) some role in a nightclub shooting/possible murder ala Ray Lewis (b) shot himself in the leg ala Plaxico Burress (c) killed a bunch of dogs ala Mike Vick or (d) sexually assaulted/possibly raped a girl ala Ben Roethlisberger. Speaking of Pig Ben, he gets called a lot of things--tough, a gamer, hard-nosed, gritty, a winner--but never controversial. Why is that?

gator
Golden
Golden

Post by gator » Mon Dec 12 7:43 pm

Monday Night Football... 2 bad teams (Seattle/St. Louis)... Should be entertaining...
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

Kelor
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Kelor » Mon Dec 12 8:23 pm

I only need 3 points from Jackson to win my first round of the playoffs so I am very excited about this game.

Kelor
Golden
Golden

Post by Kelor » Mon Dec 12 8:24 pm

How ironic is it that Miami fired its coach the same day SunLife (the name of their stadium) fired 800 employees.

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Thu Dec 15 6:04 pm

Quick: Michael Turner or Cedric Benson, Pierre Thomas, or Shonn Greene?

Edit: I have Bush in at my second RB slot so I can only take one of the four above.
Last edited by dxmnkd316 on Thu Dec 15 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gopher6
Veteran
Been liked: 7 times

Post by gopher6 » Thu Dec 15 6:14 pm

Bears Hurd arrested on federal drug charges
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/ ... ug-charges
:confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2:
Last edited by gopher6 on Thu Dec 15 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Thu Dec 15 6:14 pm

P THOMAS

Dances With Gophers
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Dances With Gophers » Thu Dec 15 6:35 pm

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:PARISE

FYP ;)

Armadillo
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Armadillo » Thu Dec 15 10:16 pm

gopher6 wrote:Bears Hurd arrested on federal drug charges
:confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

Hurd has supplied to police a list of NFL players he sold drugs to, and apparently the number is "in the double digits."

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/12/15/source-hurd-provided-drugs-to-other-nfl-players/

I think Roger Goodell just pooed a little.
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube

Have a question about comas? Ask me, I've been in one!

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Dec 18 2:11 pm

Armadillo
Golden
Golden

Post by Armadillo » Sun Dec 18 3:08 pm

Packers lose, Colts win. Verrrrrrrrry interesting...

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube

Chris83
Golden
Golden

Post by Chris83 » Sun Dec 18 3:30 pm

New Orleans and San Fran are now in the position of having playoff spots clinched but not being able to relax, since neither wants to be the #3 seed, have the first-round playoff game and then go on the road for round two (if they win, of course).
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Sun Dec 18 3:37 pm

look out for the saints

Tee09
Golden
Golden

Post by Tee09 » Sun Dec 18 3:40 pm

Armadillo wrote:
gopher6 wrote:Bears Hurd arrested on federal drug charges

Hurd has supplied to police a list of NFL players he sold drugs to, and apparently the number is "in the double digits."

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/12/15/source-hurd-provided-drugs-to-other-nfl-players/

I think Roger Goodell just pooed a little.

$700 K in sales per week, while playing in the NFL? Dude has some serious multitasking/delegating skills.

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 18 3:43 pm

Armadillo wrote:Packers lose, Colts win. Verrrrrrrrry interesting...

Best week ever?

rowshkex
Veteran
Been liked: 1 time

Post by rowshkex » Sun Dec 18 3:47 pm

Finally my team (Colts) win... I can't tell you how frustratingly depressed I have been regarding the NFL season... I just hope that Manning is okay with Rodgers-ing Andrew Luck, and Luck is okay with it. I can't see Manning playing much longer, and if he can win another championship, he's definitely done.
is rice chex.
is not Raphael.
is not quite Rau.
is not a hockey mind.
is a 1 time GPL Pick 'Em Weekly Non-Winner Tiebreaker Champion.
GPL's Resident Popcorn Popper :popcorn:

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by gopherguy13 » Sun Dec 18 3:56 pm

dxmnkd316 wrote:
Armadillo wrote:Packers lose, Colts win. Verrrrrrrrry interesting...

Best week ever?

I can think of better weeks than this one :lol:
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

Chris83
Golden
Golden

Post by Chris83 » Sun Dec 18 4:06 pm

This a LONG ways out, but if New Orleans goes to Lambeau on a decent weather day, Brees could REALLY carve up Green Bay's defense.

Speaking of carving, New England gave up 218 yards and 2 TDs to Tebow and Denver in the first quarter today.

rowshkex
Veteran
Been liked: 1 time

Post by rowshkex » Sun Dec 18 4:15 pm

Chris83 wrote:This a LONG ways out, but if New Orleans goes to Lambeau on a decent weather day, Brees could REALLY carve up Green Bay's defense.

Speaking of carving, New England gave up 218 yards and 2 TDs to Tebow and Denver in the first quarter today.

At first I thought you meant 218 yards and 2 TDs to Tebow, but you meant to Denver... I was about to give Tebow a lot of credit... (Although, hes 4/5 for 53 yards passing, and 5-42 and a rushing TD, so that's still relatively impressive).
is rice chex.
is not Raphael.
is not quite Rau.
is not a hockey mind.
is a 1 time GPL Pick 'Em Weekly Non-Winner Tiebreaker Champion.
GPL's Resident Popcorn Popper :popcorn:

Chris83
Golden
Golden

Post by Chris83 » Sun Dec 18 4:55 pm

#17 for Denver just locked up a nomination for stupidest play of the year. What a complete moron! :shock:

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 18 4:56 pm

Holy crap. That's HEEELARIOUS.

This is the one week where I need Tim Tebow to not do well.

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 18 5:02 pm

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Dec 18 5:07 pm

dxmnkd316 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82527c8d/article/colts-exec-polian-says-qb-manning-will-not-play-this-season?module=HP11_breaking_news

No Manning this year.

Well they'll have to beat the Texans or Jaguars with Orlovsky. Still holding out hope for luck.

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Sun Dec 18 6:00 pm

If John Fox hadn't done all he could to hand the game to the Pats at the end of the first half this could've been a heckuva game. Maybe 15 will still make it one.

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 18 6:03 pm

Any week but this one. I'm all for Tebow but NOT. THIS. WEEK.

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by gopherguy13 » Sun Dec 18 6:06 pm

Man, Tebow is having a tough time stopping the Pats offense.
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 18 6:20 pm

I wish sacks counted as negative rushing yards.

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Sun Dec 18 6:21 pm

dxmnkd316 wrote:I wish sacks counted as negative rushing yards.

Lol. I figured you were probably thinking that. :wink:

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 18 6:22 pm

Bushwood Gopher wrote:
dxmnkd316 wrote:I wish sacks counted as negative rushing yards.

Lol. I figured you were probably thinking that. :wink:

-2.8 points would have been megahuge at this point.

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 18 6:28 pm

*whew*

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 18 6:34 pm

Up 28:

Me: Nick Novak
Him: Ray Rice, Anquan Boldin

Should I be worried?

gopher6
Veteran
Been liked: 7 times

Post by gopher6 » Sun Dec 18 6:38 pm

i would love to see the colts win 1-2 more games the queen's would have #1 in the draft, and they would trade it away :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

Armadillo
Golden
Golden

Post by Armadillo » Sun Dec 18 7:29 pm

gopher6 wrote:i would love to see the colts win 1-2 more games the queen's would have #1 in the draft, and they would trade it away :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

That may not be the worst idea ever. If Ponder's the guy, you absolutely trade away the #1 and get a sh*tload of picks or trades. Now, if you get the #1 and DON'T think Ponder's the future, you draft Luck and then trade Ponder for a sh*tload of picks or trades.

Really, that would be a win-win scenario. Now the Vikings need to not screw up and win.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Dec 18 7:30 pm

Armadillo wrote:
gopher6 wrote:i would love to see the colts win 1-2 more games the queen's would have #1 in the draft, and they would trade it away :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

That may not be the worst idea ever. If Ponder's the guy, you absolutely trade away the #1 and get a sh*tload of picks or trades. Now, if you get the #1 and DON'T think Ponder's the future, you draft Luck and then trade Ponder for a sh*tload of picks or trades.

Really, that would be a win-win scenario. Now the Vikings need to not screw up and win.

Cue the "never trade Luck because he's a sure thing HOFer" in 3....2....1.......

TheRube33 on UnTappd

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Sun Dec 18 7:34 pm

The first four plays from scrimmage: Rice, Rice, Boldin, Boldin. FML

Kelor
Golden
Golden

Post by Kelor » Sun Dec 18 8:29 pm

If Roethlisburger puts up numbers tomorrow I'll be pizzed. I played Grossman instead and he cost me the championship game opportunity next weekend.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Dec 18 8:33 pm

Kelor wrote:If Roethlisburger puts up numbers tomorrow I'll be pizzed. I played Grossman instead and he cost me the championship game opportunity next weekend.

Grossman over Ben? I is confoozed.

TheRube33 on UnTappd