Tennis

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Tennis

Post by YoungEagle » Wed Jul 06 4:40 pm

That was a beauty to watch. Fed can escape when no one else can. Flashes of his former dominance today. Very fun to see.

Cool thing that happened. At one point he started cursing himself in French and McEnroe said something to the effect of it must be hard to choose which language to yell at yourself in when you have five choices.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Hobey Baker » Thu Sep 08 11:47 am

Murray bounced from the Open yesterday by Nishikori and Wawrinka ousts del Potro

The Open is missing Federer. Djoker has had 3 oppononents WD on his way to the semi's.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Sep 11 8:06 pm

Whenever Serena Williams loses, she simply beats herself. Stan W beats Djokovic in the men's final, his backhand is a thing of beauty! He has now won all the grand slams but Wimbledon. Didn't win a Grand Slam until age 28, very unusual.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Sep 11 9:43 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:Whenever Serena Williams loses, she simply beats herself. Stan W beats Djokovic in the men's final, his backhand is a thing of beauty! He has now won all the grand slams but Wimbledon. Didn't win a Grand Slam until age 28, very unusual.

6-7, 6-4, 6-4, 6-3

Stan over powered Djoker .. Backhand was ridiculously good

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Thu Jan 19 10:30 am

Djokovic ousted in the second round of the Austrailian Open by Denis Istomin in 5 sets 7-6, 5-7, 2-6, 7-6, 6-4. A very big surprise and upset especially since the Djoker has won 5 of the previous 6 AO.

Roger Federer is also back in action for the first time since last years Wimbledon facing Tomas Berdych in the 3rd round.

Serena is seeking a Open era record 23 Grand Slam title.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri Jan 20 12:48 pm

Fed with a straight set win over Berdych.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Jan 22 1:30 am

Murray out at AO.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri Jan 27 9:22 am

Back to the Future at the AO is on!

Federer v Nadal in mens final
Serena v Venus in womens final
Bryan Brothers in mens dbls final.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 150 times

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Jan 27 11:34 am

Wow. These guys/gals just don't age!

Very cool.
Currently under construction.

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden

Post by YoungEagle » Fri Jan 27 12:20 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:Back to the Future at the AO is on!

Federer v Nadal in mens final
Serena v Venus in womens final
Bryan Brothers in mens dbls final.

I couldn't believe when I looked yesterday evening that I had one more chance to watch a Nadal/Federer final. And while I checked that I found out that the Williams sisters are playing for a final again too. This tournament has been awesome thus far.

Boston Apologist

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Jan 29 6:15 am

What a wonderful men's final (I sadly missed the ladies) between Roger and Raffy. Some of the best back and forth tennis I recall in a long time, with some great rallies. I was rooting for Nadal but Roger got it done in the end.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Jan 29 6:29 am

Slap Shot wrote:What a wonderful men's final (I sadly missed the ladies) between Roger and Raffy. Some of the best back and forth tennis I recall in a long time, with some great rallies. I was rooting for Nadal but Roger got it done in the end.

Roger (G.O.A.T.) with 18 major titles now.

The ESPN crew (Mac, Mac and Fowler) had a great line "Roger out Rafa'd Rafa in the 5th set"
He kept the pressure on Rafa's service games and he actually broke him 2x to win 6-3.

Super high level throughout.. Roger's 3rd set might be the best I have ever seen him hit his backhand.

Could be a fun year in tennis .. with the rivalry renewed, mix in Djoker, Murray and add in some new young faces.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Jan 29 6:54 am

Hobey Baker wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:What a wonderful men's final (I sadly missed the ladies) between Roger and Raffy. Some of the best back and forth tennis I recall in a long time, with some great rallies. I was rooting for Nadal but Roger got it done in the end.

Roger (G.O.A.T.) with 18 major titles now.

The ESPN crew (Mac, Mac and Fowler) had a great line "Roger out Rafa'd Rafa in the 5th set"
He kept the pressure on Rafa's service games and he actually broke him 2x to win 6-3.

Super high level throughout.. Roger's 3rd set might be the best I have ever seen him hit his backhand.

Could be a fun year in tennis .. with the rivalry renewed, mix in Djoker, Murray and add in some new young faces.

Watched the 5th set from 2-1 Rafa...Roger dug deep and overcame Rafa. First time I've ever pulled for Roger in a Major Final...At 35 years old, he is a close to an artist on the tennis court as as ever seen :dup:

trixR4kids
Veteran
Has liked: 94 times

Post by trixR4kids » Sun Jan 29 12:14 pm

Roger winning a grand slam at age 35 is incredible. It's interesting because he's aged much better than Nadal (not surprisingly) and despite being 5 years older Fed seems to have the upper hand now. Nadal always sorta had that age advantage over him back in the day but it doesn't seem to matter as much anymore.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Jan 29 12:55 pm

trixR4kids wrote:Roger winning a grand slam at age 35 is incredible. It's interesting because he's aged much better than Nadal (not surprisingly) and despite being 5 years older Fed seems to have the upper hand now. Nadal always sorta had that age advantage over him back in the day but it doesn't seem to matter as much anymore.

Has more to do with style of play than age. Rafa is so much more physical in his style of play. Tons of stress on his body and it has taken its toll with knee and wrist injuries.

Also Roger has switched to a larger racquet head and is now able to hit and flatten his backhand with so much more power. Rafa has so often attacked Roger's slice that Roger has had to adapt.

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden

Post by YoungEagle » Sun Jan 29 12:56 pm

Rogers backhand was incredible all match.

Boston Apologist

trixR4kids
Veteran
Has liked: 94 times

Post by trixR4kids » Sun Jan 29 1:05 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:Rafa is so much more physical in his style of play. Tons of stress on his body and it has taken its toll with knee and wrist injuries.

Right but my point is that's only going to get harder with age. His style of play worked when he was younger but as he gets older it's only going to become more difficult to play that style and the injury problem isn't going to get better.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Sun Jan 29 2:15 pm

I stayed up to watch and I'm so glad I did. So happy for Fed. Thought he was dead in those first few games of fifth set.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Jun 11 10:39 am

Nadal wins 10th French open and 15th grand slam (passing Sampras).

Turn back the clock year continues w Fed and Nadal playing the best.

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden

Post by YoungEagle » Sun Jun 11 2:11 pm

I love this return to form for Nadal and Federer. Fed will probably go into Wimbledon as the favorite.

Is there something wrong with Djoker? He really went out with a whimper in the quarters.

Boston Apologist

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 241 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Jun 11 2:40 pm

Nadal. My fave all time.

The women' s title was awesome. Jelena Ostapenko is going to be good.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Jun 11 2:48 pm

YoungEagle wrote:
Sun Jun 11 2:11 pm
I love this return to form for Nadal and Federer. Fed will probably go into Wimbledon as the favorite.

Is there something wrong with Djoker? He really went out with a whimper in the quarters.
Djoker plays a very physical game. Gets to every ball and wears down his opponent. That type of game can catch up to you after a while and I think it's starting to take it's toll.

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden

Post by YoungEagle » Wed Jul 12 10:15 pm

This wasn't posted but my countryman Gilles Muller had a five set epic and upset Nadal at Wimbledon. Truly an awesome spectacle.

Boston Apologist

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by davescharf » Thu Jul 13 2:44 pm

YoungEagle wrote:
Wed Jul 12 10:15 pm
This wasn't posted but my countryman Gilles Muller had a five set epic and upset Nadal at Wimbledon. Truly an awesome spectacle.
My countryman Sam Querry took down the #1 seed and hometown hero yesterday.

How do you like them apples? :D
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Jul 16 11:14 pm

Roger w/ a straight set victory over Cilic to win his 8th Wimbledon title. Fed did not drop a set on his way to the title. GOAT now has 19 major titles.

Talk of Djoker surgery and Murray time off.

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden

Post by YoungEagle » Sun Jul 16 11:16 pm

Federers time off from tennis proved to be a stroke of genius.

Boston Apologist

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Sep 06 11:18 pm

Del Potro takes down Roger in 4 sets at US Open

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Thu Jan 04 11:41 am

Murray out of 2018 Aussie Open and Djokovic questionable.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Thu Jan 25 10:31 pm

Fed plays at 230am Friday in AO semis. Cilic awaits winner of Fed v Chung.

Wozniaki v Halep in Woman’s final. 2 v 1. Winner wins first major.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Jan 28 5:44 am

Fed wins 20th title. A five set win that saw huge momentum swings: 6-2, 6-7,6-3,3-6, 6-1.
Roger ties Djokovic with his record 6th Aussie title.

Feds 4th major since turning 30 tying him w Laver and Rosewall for most in the open era.

Fed first man to win 20 majors and the 4 th tennis player overall to break the 20 barrier. He joins Court, Graf and Serena

Wozniaki won her first career major and become the top ranked female player.
Last edited by Hobey Baker on Sun Jan 28 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Jan 28 6:03 am

The season is off to an interesting start. Djoker, Murray and Rafa are all Injured. Rafa reportedly out 4 weeks. Will the young kids step up ior will the Fed express keep rolling?

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jul 14 11:30 am

Djokovic Beats Nadal 10-8 in the 5th set
to reach the Wimbledon Men’s Final vs Kevin Anderson. Kerber beats Serena in straight sets for the Women’s Title.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Jul 16 11:55 am

Djokovic wins his 13 major title at Wimbledon 6-2 6-2 7-6 over Anderson. 👍 US Open should be really interesting come Labor Day.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Jan 28 8:19 am

Djokovic wins his 15th major in Australia, absolutely routing Nadal in straight sets & now has won the last 3 Majors! Federer’s record is definitely in jeopardy if Novak keeps rolling like he has since July☝️

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Mon Jan 28 8:40 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jan 28 8:19 am
Djokovic wins his 15th major in Australia, absolutely routing Nadal in straight sets & now has won the last 3 Majors! Federer’s record is definitely in jeopardy if Novak keeps rolling like he has since July☝️
Lets calm down, The Djoker is still 5 behind which is a lot of matches and Majors to win. While the big 3 are still dominating there a few young kids who are starting to make their presence felt and definitely have the game to take the big 3 out.

Djokovic is clearly playing well and is especially kryptonite to Nadal right now. Nadal can't attack his backhand and the Djoker is so familiar with his game, isnt intimidated and that there aren't any surprises.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Jan 28 8:51 am

Hobey Baker wrote:
Mon Jan 28 8:40 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Lets calm down, The Djoker is still 5 behind which is a lot of matches and Majors to win. While the big 3 are still dominating there a few young kids who are starting to make their presence felt and definitely have the game to take the big 3 out.

Djokovic is clearly playing well and is especially kryptonite to Nadal right now. Nadal can't attack his backhand and the Djoker is so familiar with his game, isnt intimidated and that there aren't any surprises.
Novak turns 32 this summer, Nadal turns 33 (with some HARD years on his body due to his playing style) and Roger turns 38 in the fall. If Novak stays healthy and maintains the way he’s playing, by the 2022 Australian Open he will likely have 5 more titles & be pushing for his 21st☝️Roger might have 1 or 2 Majors left in him & Nadal 2 or 3 at the max, So it’s going to get really tight before all is said and done...Book it! 😉 :biggrin2

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Jan 28 8:57 am

And while Roger is the most graceful player in terms of movement & shot making of all time & Nadal likely plays the most physical, fierce style ever seen, I think Novak is arguably the best defensive player who’s also a great all around player, that I’ve watched over the years, going all the way back to Conners & Borg☝️

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Mon Jan 28 9:00 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jan 28 8:51 am
Hobey Baker wrote:
Mon Jan 28 8:40 am
bearpaw28 wrote:

Novak turns 32 this summer, Nadal turns 33 (with some HARD years on his body due to his playing style) and Roger turns 38 in the fall. If Novak stays healthy and maintains the way he’s playing, by the 2022 Australian Open he will likely have 5 more titles & be pushing for his 21st☝️Roger might have 1 or 2 Majors left in him & Nadal 2 or 3 at the max, So it’s going to get really tight before all is said and done...Book it! 😉 :biggrin2
Too many unknowns like family, family issues, injuries, and new players. I am not saying he can't catch Fed but there is a lot of work left.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Jan 28 9:46 am

Ya, but you’re a HUGE Fed fan too 😉 Not saying it will be easy for Novak, but you can also argue he might be playing his best tennis in years right now, so injuries aside, he will hit at least 20 IMO.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Mon Jan 28 9:49 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jan 28 9:46 am
Ya, but you’re a HUGE Fed fan too 😉
I am but I recognize Djokers dominance and ability.

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden

Post by YoungEagle » Mon Jan 28 10:56 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jan 28 8:57 am
And while Roger is the most graceful player in terms of movement & shot making of all time & Nadal likely plays the most physical, fierce style ever seen, I think Novak is arguably the best defensive player who’s also a great all around player, that I’ve watched over the years, going all the way back to Conners & Borg☝️
Did Djokovic play for UMD? :lol:

Boston Apologist

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jan 29 1:34 pm

YoungEagle wrote:
Mon Jan 28 10:56 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jan 28 8:57 am
Did Djokovic play for UMD? :lol:
Heyoooo!

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sat Mar 16 8:12 pm

Big let down at Indian Wells, Nadal WD’s in semi vs Federer due to knee issues.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri Jun 07 7:38 am

Fed v Nadal at French today.

Nadal 91-2 lifetime record at French Open.

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Chris83 » Fri Jun 07 8:43 am

Nadal to the final in straight sets. Federer didn't play poorly, but if Nadal's first serve is hitting at 82% then it's game, set, match. Gusty winds and 58 degrees in Paris today...is this Minnesota? :lol:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Chris83
Golden
Golden

Post by Chris83 » Fri Jul 12 1:23 pm

Incredible to consider how many more majors Federer would have if he bleated orgasmicly after every shot. :wink:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Fri Jul 12 6:25 pm

Boy, I was really into tennis when I played up until HS. I watched a bit of Wimbledon last week and Nadal and Federer were pretty awesome, but it could have just been my stubbornness but nothing compares to Agassi/Sampras and Sampra/Chang matches. I just feel like (similar to SNL) that it was better a generation ago.

Speaking of, anyone ever play Ivan Lendl tennis on NES?!
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sat Jul 13 12:39 am

MNGophers29 wrote:
Fri Jul 12 6:25 pm
Boy, I was really into tennis when I played up until HS. I watched a bit of Wimbledon last week and Nadal and Federer were pretty awesome, but it could have just been my stubbornness but nothing compares to Agassi/Sampras and Sampra/Chang matches. I just feel like (similar to SNL) that it was better a generation ago.

ISampras v Chang???? I’m sorry but today’s tennis is the best of all time. You have arguably the three best players of all time still dominating the game). There was a line in today’s Nadal Federer match they said the changing of the guard was going to occur in 2008 when Nadal beat Federer and here we are 11 years later and 38-year-old Federer is still at the top of the game.

Federer will be trying to win his first major where he’ll have to beat both Nadal and Djokovic in the same draw.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Jul 13 1:19 am

"Federer will be trying to win his first major where he’ll have to beat both Nadal and Djokovic in the same draw.'

Sounds really difficult

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Sat Jul 13 7:43 am

Hobey Baker wrote:
Sat Jul 13 12:39 am
MNGophers29 wrote:
Fri Jul 12 6:25 pm

ISampras v Chang???? I’m sorry but today’s tennis is the best of all time. You have arguably the three best players of all time still dominating the game). There was a line in today’s Nadal Federer match they said the changing of the guard was going to occur in 2008 when Nadal beat Federer and here we are 11 years later and 38-year-old Federer is still at the top of the game.

Federer will be trying to win his first major where he’ll have to beat both Nadal and Djokovic in the same draw.
I didn’t say the quality of tennis was better than today’s but it was a time when I was really into tennis and those guys were American and winning at their sport.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Jul 13 9:29 am

Halep plays the match of her life to beat Serena in straight sets for her 1st Wimbledon Title.

Chris83
Golden
Golden

Post by Chris83 » Sat Jul 13 5:49 pm

56 minute match, Halep loses four games and commits only THREE unforced errors. She was certainly focused and relentless today.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 217 times

Post by Greyeagle » Sat Jul 13 9:11 pm

Octave increase.....

Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Jul 14 12:37 pm

If you haven't turned it on yet, there's still time. Headed towards a fifth set super tiebreak.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Jul 14 1:32 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Jul 13 1:19 am
"Federer will be trying to win his first major where he’ll have to beat both Nadal and Djokovic in the same draw.'

Sounds really difficult
Taking out Rafa & Novak consecutively is nearly impossible, Federer loses 13-12 5th set tiebreak to Novak, who saved 2 match points on Rogers serve 😳

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Jul 14 5:19 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Jul 14 1:32 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Jul 13 1:19 am

Sounds really difficult
Taking out Rafa & Novak consecutively is nearly impossible, Federer loses 13-12 5th set tiebreak to Novak, who saved 2 match points on Rogers serve 😳
Yes the one time it happened was remarkable there's no doubt.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Mon Aug 26 10:10 pm

Us Open starts today. Bring on the Big Apple and night tennis.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Sep 03 10:58 pm

Down goes Federer in 5 sets. With Djokovic also falling earlier, looking good for Nadal winning 19th Major title.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Sep 08 7:03 pm

The Men's final is insane.
Medvedev was left for dead after two sets and now he's a point away from forcing a 5th set.

EDIT - And to the 6th we go.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Sep 08 8:13 pm

Rafa wins in 5. Nearly 5 hours of tennis. What a fight.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Sep 08 8:14 pm

Amazing match!!

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Sep 08 8:26 pm

I'm not a particular fan of Rafa. I'd much rather have Fed or Djoker win. The big three battle harder than anyone on tour and that's why they continue to win the big ones. Tennis is such a grueling sport. It's astounding how long these three have dominated and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. When one gets hurt, another steps up and takes the title. If you're a fan of tennis, this is truly the golden ages.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Sep 08 8:57 pm

Rip me all you want for that but I preferred it more when in any given tournament you might see Wilander. Becker, Lendl, Edberg, Sampras, Currier, Agassi...

Not taking away from these 3 giants of the game mind you I personally find myself not as interested.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 241 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Sep 08 9:06 pm

I've always preferred Rafa to the other two. I hope he surpasses Roger before he's done.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Sep 08 9:28 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sun Sep 08 9:06 pm
I've always preferred Rafa to the other two. I hope he surpasses Roger before he's done.
I prefer Djokovic (of the Big 3) and think there’s a good chance he ultimately wins the most majors (he’s at 16 right now). And I think the guy Rafa beat today has some Major titles in his future too☝️