Tee to Green!

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Tee to Green!

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Sep 29 3:15 pm

F Da Sue wrote:
Sat Sep 29 12:25 pm
The Americans look like they are at the end of a long golf season and have no interest in playing anymore. They seem more worried about their 4 month vacation that starts tomorrow.
I think the exact same thing...

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Sep 29 4:42 pm

Thomas has to beat Rory & Koepke has to beat Casey in the first 2 matches tomorrow for USA to have a snowballs chance in hell of coming back Sunday. And Tiger needs to beat Rahn & DJ needs to beat Poulter, Spieth must beat Olfson & Ricky needs to beat Sergio, then they have a punchers chance. Rose will likely beat Simpson, Fleetwood will likely beat Fineau & Molinari will likely kill Phil. That would/could get it to USA 12 Europe 13. Then the USA would need to win 2 of 3 : Reed vs Hatton, Bubba vs Stenson & DeChambesu vs Noren. It is VERY BLEAK for the USA...but not impossible. 😉🤺😳

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Sep 29 5:17 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Sep 29 4:42 pm
Thomas has to beat Rory & Koepke has to beat Casey in the first 2 matches tomorrow for USA to have a snowballs chance in hell of coming back Sunday. And Tiger needs to beat Rahn & DJ needs to beat Poulter, Spieth must beat Olfson & Ricky needs to beat Sergio, then they have a punchers chance. Rose will likely beat Simpson, Fleetwood will likely beat Fineau & Molinari will likely kill Phil. That would/could get it to USA 12 Europe 13. Then the USA would need to win 2 of 3 : Reed vs Hatton, Bubba vs Stenson & DeChambesu vs Noren. It is VERY BLEAK for the USA...but not impossible. 😉🤺😳
So you're saying there's a chance...

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Sep 29 5:39 pm

Yeah pretty much :biggrin2:

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Beauner » Sat Sep 29 5:54 pm

I told my buddies and dad that I think the USA gets 7 points tomorrow and loses 15-13.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 30 10:04 am

Well the USA won 2.5 of the first 3 points. The rest of the team basically fell apart.
Spieth got obliterated by Olesen. Tiger choked against Rahm. Stenson murdered Watson. Molinari whipped Mickelson. DJ got Poultered and Rickie got Sergiod.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Sep 30 10:12 am

Beauner wrote:
Sun Sep 30 10:04 am
Well the USA won 2.5 of the first 3 points. The rest of the team basically fell apart.
Spieth got obliterated by Olesen. Tiger choked against Rahm. Stenson murdered Watson. Molinari whipped Mickelson. DJ got Poultered and Rickie got Sergiod.
As unclutch as Bubba is, at least he got a point this week. Tiger...0-4...Fning embarrassing. Phil 0-2 too. But How bout Webb Simpson beating Justin Rose & Tony Finesu CRUSHING Fleetwood Mac 👍. And Justin Thomas outlasting Rory McElroy. Sergio (El Tincupio Garcia) now has the all time record for Ryder Cup points, surpassing Sir Nick Faldo ... :censored: :ahhh: :(

F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by F Da Sue » Sun Sep 30 11:06 am

Phil Mickelson; "This might be my last Ryder Cup on European soil."

Ya think? Phil had no business being on this team. The decision to play him in foursomes on Friday was even more idiotic than him being selected as a captains pick.

sunbone
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by sunbone » Sun Sep 30 11:11 am

Nothing worse for me than watching Poulter do his stupid chest pounding thing. Can’t stand that guy. Really disappointed that DJ couldn’t take him out. Yuck.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 30 12:22 pm

F Da Sue wrote:
Sun Sep 30 11:06 am
Phil Mickelson; "This might be my last Ryder Cup on European soil."

Ya think? Phil had no business being on this team. The decision to play him in foursomes on Friday was even more idiotic than him being selected as a captains pick.
I'm as big a Mickelson fan as there is and I was shocked that he got picked as a captain's pick. I could see it if he had been playing well down the stretch or whatever but he had zero consistency this season.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Sun Sep 30 2:55 pm

We hit it in the rough all week and they made putts...hats off

F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 5 times

Post by F Da Sue » Wed Oct 03 9:49 pm

Kelor
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Kelor » Fri Nov 23 4:47 pm

Kelor
Golden
Golden

Post by Kelor » Fri Nov 23 5:49 pm

Phil is up 1 through 16.

Kelor
Golden
Golden

Post by Kelor » Fri Nov 23 6:17 pm

All square through 18. They play the 18th again. If Phil can hold him off here, they go to a par 3 - 93 yard hole over and over until their is a winner.

Kelor
Golden
Golden

Post by Kelor » Fri Nov 23 6:33 pm

Drama on the 19th hole (Hole 18). Tiger had to lay up on his second shot. Phil hit his shot poorly and plugged in the beach.

Phil misses the 35 foot putt. Tiger missed the 12 footer. Off to the par 3. 93 yards. They're going to play under lights.

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by YoungEagle » Fri Nov 23 7:03 pm

That was a fairly amateur display of putting from both Tiger and Phil.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by D2D » Fri Dec 21 9:53 am

Excerpt from today's Reusse column on the "1st annual" 3M Open:

"But we got Zac Brown. There will be a special ticket that gets into the concert. It also gets you parking, admission and your food and drink all day long. Then, when Zac’s done playing, we’re going to have an outstanding fireworks show right at the course. We’re going to have a great party area next to No. 18 with food trucks, craft beer tents. We want more than golf fans. We want the foodies and the craft beer fans to get out here, and we’ll turn them into golf fans.’’

Starting with Bryson DeChambeau? “Yes, with more to come,’’ Cavner said.

If the cost of that "special ticket" isn't too outrageous I just might have to spring for one! One thing's almost guaranteed: That "special ticket" cost will never be any cheaper than it will be for the very first 3M Open.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Feb 03 5:07 pm

Ricky Fowler finally wins the WM Phoenix w a closing 74.

It was an ugly performance and had a Jean van de velde feeling to it. Ricky exercised his final round demons (kind of) and held on for the victory.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Feb 16 7:08 pm

Big cat with 5 straight 3's to start his 3rd round in la la land

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 171 times

Post by Handyman » Sun Feb 17 8:25 pm

Big Cat went nowhere and finished tied for 15th. Just good enough that Vegas will clean up on people bettering him to win the Masters :lol:
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 140 times

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Feb 17 9:09 pm

Big Cat? I assume this is a reference to Tiger (partially evidenced by Handy taking shots at anyone showing him love :wink: ) which if so this is the first place I've ever heard it.
Currently under construction.

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Mon Feb 18 9:05 am

Handyman wrote:
Sun Feb 17 8:25 pm
Big Cat went nowhere and finished tied for 15th. Just good enough that Vegas will clean up on people bettering him to win the Masters :lol:
Given how he was playing at the end of last season, he probably should be a legitimate top 5 favorite at Augusta. Doesn't mean he's going to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the hunt, or if he does win it.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Mon Feb 18 10:28 am

Jane Fonda wrote:
Mon Feb 18 9:05 am
Handyman wrote:
Given how he was playing at the end of last season, he probably should be a legitimate top 5 favorite at Augusta. Doesn't mean he's going to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the hunt, or if he does win it.
Neither he nor Phil will finish in the Top 5 at the Masters (hell I would be surprised if either is in the Top 10 on the Final Day but it is the Masters so who knows) if I had to put money on it...and that isnt because they arent both good (or playing really really well) it is just too good of a field. The only Major I see either of them winning is MAYBE Phil at the US Open or either at possibly the Open at Royal Portrush since Phil won there in 2013 and Tiger won 3 times there (but not since '06) and even then I doubt it. It is remarkable that either of them even are doing as well as they are in many ways they are playing better complete rounds of golf than they did in their hey day but the thing is so is everyone else so the margin for error is way thinner.

And I will always take shots at the people who are convinced Tiger is back...always looking for signs the dominance is returning. It isnt. That isnt a knock on him, it is just a fact. He will never be that Tiger again. That Tiger was leaps and bounds better than, what in retrospect was, a very lame field. Phil was probably #2 then and he wasnt anywhere near Tiger. Who else was there Duval? Davis Love III? Lots of very good but not great guys. If this version of Tiger time traveled he would still win 8 majors against those guys. Tiger could do whatever he wanted against those fields...he out drove them by a mile and they quaked in their boots if he was near them on the leaderboard. I have never seen anything quite like it. He had no rival, he was Jordan playing in the Finals against anyone...he just looked at the guys he was playing with and beat them before the game even started.

The rest of the field caught up in the time since he was the best. His ability to out drive the field also helped cover for his mistakes. Now there are just too many guys that can hit it as far as him (or farther) and be more accurate with it than him. Young Tiger takes the run he had the other day and just shoots up the leaderboard. Older Tiger just cant do that any more cause it takes too much energy to pass 15 more players. It cost him wins last year a few times...that is what happens with age and injury.

Hey I love it, golf is great when these guys are in the hunt. I love the younger guys too so watching them stare down two all time greats still playing well and beating them makes it hella fun. And yeah, I will always poke a little fun at the Uber Tiger Fanatics who look at everything as some sign that Old Tiger is back. To be honest, I prefer this Tiger to that Tiger. This Tiger, if he wins a Major, will probably have to do it with a massive come back (something Old Tiger never did he only won when he had a 54 hole lead) and do it staring down a much stronger overall field. He will also need to play perfect from then on out because as he showed last year the field wont cower just cause he makes a move. If he wins a Major again it will be celebrated on the same level as Jack winning the '86 Masters and rightfully so. But unless you get a good number betting on him to win a Major is like betting "Double Zero" in roulette. Most of the time it is just throwing your money away ;)

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Mon Feb 18 10:35 am

Handyman wrote:
Mon Feb 18 10:28 am
Jane Fonda wrote:
Handyman wrote:
Neither he nor Phil will finish in the Top 5 at the Masters (hell I would be surprised if either is in the Top 10 on the Final Day but it is the Masters so who knows) if I had to put money on it...and that isnt because they arent both good (or playing really really well) it is just too good of a field. The only Major I see either of them winning is MAYBE Phil at the US Open or either at possibly the Open at Royal Portrush since Phil won there in 2013 and Tiger won 3 times there (but not since '06) and even then I doubt it. It is remarkable that either of them even are doing as well as they are in many ways they are playing better complete rounds of golf than they did in their hey day but the thing is so is everyone else so the margin for error is way thinner.

And I will always take shots at the people who are convinced Tiger is back...always looking for signs the dominance is returning. It isnt. That isnt a knock on him, it is just a fact. He will never be that Tiger again. That Tiger was leaps and bounds better than, what in retrospect was, a very lame field. Phil was probably #2 then and he wasnt anywhere near Tiger. Who else was there Duval? Davis Love III? Lots of very good but not great guys. If this version of Tiger time traveled he would still win 8 majors against those guys. Tiger could do whatever he wanted against those fields...he out drove them by a mile and they quaked in their boots if he was near them on the leaderboard. I have never seen anything quite like it. He had no rival, he was Jordan playing in the Finals against anyone...he just looked at the guys he was playing with and beat them before the game even started.

The rest of the field caught up in the time since he was the best. His ability to out drive the field also helped cover for his mistakes. Now there are just too many guys that can hit it as far as him (or farther) and be more accurate with it than him. Young Tiger takes the run he had the other day and just shoots up the leaderboard. Older Tiger just cant do that any more cause it takes too much energy to pass 15 more players. It cost him wins last year a few times...that is what happens with age and injury.

Hey I love it, golf is great when these guys are in the hunt. I love the younger guys too so watching them stare down two all time greats still playing well and beating them makes it hella fun. And yeah, I will always poke a little fun at the Uber Tiger Fanatics who look at everything as some sign that Old Tiger is back. To be honest, I prefer this Tiger to that Tiger. This Tiger, if he wins a Major, will probably have to do it with a massive come back (something Old Tiger never did he only won when he had a 54 hole lead) and do it staring down a much stronger overall field. He will also need to play perfect from then on out because as he showed last year the field wont cower just cause he makes a move. If he wins a Major again it will be celebrated on the same level as Jack winning the '86 Masters and rightfully so. But unless you get a good number betting on him to win a Major is like betting "Double Zero" in roulette. Most of the time it is just throwing your money away ;)
He doesn't need to be dominant "old Tiger" to compete for titles. No one will ever be as dominant as he was, partly because of lack of competition, and because he was ahead of his time. Tiger won the tour championship last season. If he can win that tournament, there is no reason why he can't win a major. He might win one, he might not. I wouldn't ever bet on him to win one, in Vegas, because his odds are always inflated, because he gets all of the casual better money. Which is what I think you're getting at. I'm looking forward to the next major when a few of the younger greats (DJ, Rory, JT, Spieth, etc.) and Tiger are all in the hunt on Sunday. That will be awesome fun to watch, no matter who actually wins.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Steve MN » Mon Feb 18 11:19 am

Jane Fonda wrote:
Mon Feb 18 10:35 am
Handyman wrote:
Mon Feb 18 10:28 am
Jane Fonda wrote:
Handyman wrote:

He doesn't need to be dominant "old Tiger" to compete for titles. No one will ever be as dominant as he was, partly because of lack of competition, and because he was ahead of his time. Tiger won the tour championship last season. If he can win that tournament, there is no reason why he can't win a major. He might win one, he might not. I wouldn't ever bet on him to win one, in Vegas, because his odds are always inflated, because he gets all of the casual better money. Which is what I think you're getting at. I'm looking forward to the next major when a few of the younger greats (DJ, Rory, JT, Spieth, etc.) and Tiger are all in the hunt on Sunday. That will be awesome fun to watch, no matter who actually wins.
Agreed. Those that are saying that Tiger is "back" and mean that he's a contender to win any given tournament (especially at Augusta), I would agree with. Anyone who thinks that he's "back" meaning that he's a favorite against the field to win, even at Augusta, is delusional.

Especially after the Tour Championship last year, I'd have to say that he's back to being a contender any time he shows up. But he is not now, nor will he (or anyone else, really) ever be an actual favorite vs the field again.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Sat Feb 23 12:01 am

Tiger had an insane approach shot on 9 (his 18th) today. Massive slice, around a tree, from a fairway bunker. Ball bounced sideways on the green right towards the pin. A helluva shot.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Sun Feb 24 7:13 am

Tiger 2.0 is no where near Tiger...agree no one may ever be, for all we know the next "one" may not have even been born yet...tiger tiger was the best putter in the world for 15 years...I for one enjoyed that run, it was good for golf, a game I make my living on...

tiger 2.0 will win some weekly events going forward...I'd say he does break 83 wins (80 now) and I'd be shocked if he doesn't have at least 1 more major in him...

Tiger 2.0 is a top 15 player in the world right now...the kids are so good...this is a cool period of golf where he and they mix for awhile...fun stuff, enjoy it

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Feb 24 10:15 am

Vegasgopher wrote:
Sun Feb 24 7:13 am
Tiger 2.0 is no where near Tiger...agree no one may ever be, for all we know the next "one" may not have even been born yet...tiger tiger was the best putter in the world for 15 years...I for one enjoyed that run, it was good for golf, a game I make my living on...

tiger 2.0 will win some weekly events going forward...I'd say he does break 83 wins (80 now) and I'd be shocked if he doesn't have at least 1 more major in him...

Tiger 2.0 is a top 15 player in the world right now...the kids are so good...this is a cool period of golf where he and they mix for awhile...fun stuff, enjoy it
Well stated, accurately stated...although the Tiger bobo’s still believe in the (undiscovered) fountain of youth located somewhere in the Jupiter, FL area. 😉 Tiger should be able to pass SS at 83 wins, might even win ONE more Major, but that’s it...and (actually) 15 Major wins would be kinda cool.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Feb 24 12:35 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Feb 24 10:15 am
Vegasgopher wrote:
Sun Feb 24 7:13 am

Well stated, accurately stated...although the Tiger bobo’s still believe in the (undiscovered) fountain of youth located somewhere in the Jupiter, FL area. 😉 Tiger should be able to pass SS at 83 wins, might even win ONE more Major, but that’s it...and (actually) 15 Major wins would be kinda cool.

I think the better assessment would be that this version of Tiger is still capable of playing with the best in the world even at the age of 43 and a fused back. Watching him so far this year he’s hitting his T-ball so much better. the issue he is having right now is his putter. He struggled in the first round of the Genesis open and yesterday in Mexico.

Let’s see how things play out! Never underestimate him if he can get himself in position .

Golf Is in such a better place with him playing and being competitive in tournaments again!!

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Sun Feb 24 1:10 pm

I'm not 1 bit concerned about his putting, he will get that going...the west coast swing is always on bumpy poa annua greens (even though he grew up on them), once they get down here to Florida next week and beyond he will start making more putts...he owns the greens at Augusta...

His best major chances down the line will always be Augusta and the British...now the us open is at pebble this year and he owns that place...and the PGA is at bethpage so he really does have 4 legit chances to get 1 this year...

Kelor
Golden
Golden

Post by Kelor » Thu Mar 07 7:07 pm

Rumor is several high profile golfers may have been spending their own 8 minutes at a strip mall in Juniper.

5 O.T.
Veteran
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by 5 O.T. » Fri Mar 08 9:28 am

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Fri Mar 08 10:51 am

Kelor wrote:
Thu Mar 07 7:07 pm
Rumor is several high profile golfers may have been spending their own 8 minutes at a strip mall in Juniper.
Did Tiger go dumpster diving again? :lol:

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Greyeagle
Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 202 times

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Mar 17 3:33 pm

The Players has been extremely entertaining.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Bash Brother
Veteran

Post by Bash Brother » Sun Mar 17 3:39 pm

Those putts Vegas and Pepperell hit were insane

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Mar 17 3:41 pm

Bash Brother wrote:
Sun Mar 17 3:39 pm

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Mar 17 4:49 pm

Rory wins Players, his 15th pga tour title.

Joins Tiger and Stenson as only players to have won a major, FedEx Cup, world golf championship and a Players.

Rory played in the 2nd to last group. He had struggled in the final group on Sundays!😄

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Mar 17 10:47 pm

Nice to see Rory win the Players. When he’s putting well and hitting his irons well, he’s tough to beat. His ability to hit a driver is simply tremendous. Class act too. By far my favorite non-USA player☝️

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Tue Mar 19 9:03 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Sun Mar 17 3:41 pm
Bash Brother wrote:
Sun Mar 17 3:39 pm
Just curious as to how they measure the putts, straight line to the hole, or do they take the break into account (i.e. the ideal path needed to sink it).

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Apr 06 5:41 pm

Headed to Augusta this week, always an amazing week that I look forward to every year. If you ever get a chance to go don't miss it. The best patron experience in any sport, ever. Everything is about patron comfort and viewing the golf. The food is amazingly inexpensive ($1.00 sandwiches, snacks, water. Beers are $3 or $4, don't drink). No lines for anything, the best experience ever

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Fri Apr 12 6:15 am

Made my yearly trip up to Augusta, I'll be here through Sunday. Yesterday was amazing! The roars in the afternoon were awesome. Morning scoring was much worse than the afternoon wave. The pm guys went deep... was on 18 green when deschambeau hit the pin with his approach that stopped an inch from the hole for an easy birdie. I have no idea how that didn't go in. Phils birdie on 18 to go to -5 was the loudest.

2nd 9 scoring was dramatically better than the front.

My over/under on peach ice cream sandwiches for the week is set at 10...

Looks like today will be cloudy but good. Sat/sun there's a decent chance of rain.

There's a huge buzz with big cat playing well, he still moves the needle like no other.

I'm excited for today as Friday is when the leaderboard really takes shape for who will be contending on the weekend.

I'll try to report each day so everyone knows the scoop...

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Fri Apr 12 7:23 am

Got home yesterday around 430pm and watched the rest of the coverage.
DeChambeau and Phil both missed aces on 16 by a combined 6 inches.
Bryson was really hitting the ball well yesterday down the stretch. Will be interesting to see if he can back it up today with another red number day.

I'd love to see Phil put up another -2 or -3 today but at this stage in his career he seems as likely to put up a 76 or worse as he is a 70 or better.

Koepka was so good yesterday too.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri Apr 12 9:19 am

Vegasgopher wrote:
Fri Apr 12 6:15 am
Made my yearly trip up to Augusta, I'll be here through Sunday. Yesterday was amazing! The roars in the afternoon were awesome. Morning scoring was much worse than the afternoon wave. The pm guys went deep... was on 18 green when deschambeau hit the pin with his approach that stopped an inch from the hole for an easy birdie. I have no idea how that didn't go in. Phils birdie on 18 to go to -5 was the loudest.

Looks like today will be cloudy but good. Sat/sun there's a decent chance of rain.

There's a huge buzz with big cat playing well, he still moves the needle like no other.

I'm excited for today as Friday is when the leaderboard really takes shape for who will be contending on the weekend.

How do you get tickets?

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Fri Apr 12 11:05 am

Vegasgopher wrote:

That is a Bucket List item for me...seems harder and harder every year but one day I will find a way!

If the rain is significant that is going to make things wide open. No score will be safe!

Phil -1 on the day through 3 to get to second place at -6.

I think Tiger needs a very good day today if he wants a real chance to win. He cant just keep pace with the leaders and hope to make a run Saturday and Sunday ESPECIALLY if it rains. I think that will cause him issues with his putting which will be murder here.

Have fun and keep up the updates!

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Fri Apr 12 11:39 am

Koepka is in free fall right now.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Fri Apr 12 4:04 pm

I leave and Koepka is struggling...come home and see he rebounded. Nice! Phil's back nine must not have been great seeing as he is at -4.

Leaderboard is about what you would expect. If Tiger can get to -5 or better ratings tomorrow will be sick.

Lightning warning after Woods' tee shot on 12.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Fri Apr 12 5:18 pm

Tiger having problems after the delay...hits a saving shot on 14 to get on the green and a security guy slides into him and hits his ankle. Tiger will putt for birdie to get to -5. (not an easy putt but from where he was hitting Par is a nice save.

Molinari, Day, Koepka, Scott and Oosthuizen all at -7. Scott (on 17) and Oos (on 16) still playing.

edit: Tiger hits it. Heckuva save.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Apr 12 5:23 pm

Tiger's biggest worry is clumsy security guards!

sunbone
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by sunbone » Fri Apr 12 7:13 pm

Tiger missed a couple of really makeable putts down the stretch. He has to be pleased with his ball striking. If he can get some of those shorter putts to drop, who knows? Awesome, packed leaderboard heading into the weekend. Shaping up to be an epic finish on Sunday, weather permitting.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Fri Apr 12 7:26 pm

He is gonna have to be really on but he has a shot to be sure. Lots of guys are playing so well right now it is wide open.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Fri Apr 12 7:49 pm

Should be a fun weekend watching while our snow melts.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Fri Apr 12 8:55 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Fri Apr 12 9:19 am
Vegasgopher wrote:

How do you get tickets?
As a PGA Professional (Club Professional) I am fortunate to have a free ticket to every round for life. I go with a group of 6 club pros where I live in ft Myers and we go every year...the best sports experience in the world.

Friday update:

There are roars at Augusta and there are tiger roars...not even close. I bet it was like that for jack in his day here.

The afternoon rain shower scared off 3/4 of the patrons and we had the place to ourselves. Got to see all of the tiger and schauffele runs.

Only at 5 on the peach ice cream sandwiches so far, gonna have to go deep to hit the over of 10, those who took the under look safe, but I am awfully dedicated so you never know.

Played a lot of golf with Charley Hoffman so I'm always rooting for him.

9 guys within a shot of the lead! Saturday is going to be EPIC!!!

The course seems softer and a little more tame, but scores haven't gone very deep, making for a packed leaderboard.

You HAVE to have 1 pimento cheese sandwich per day (they are $1.50) it appeases the Augusta golf gods and the soul...heaven

Saturday weather looks good and Sunday looks like tstorms from 2pm on. Maybe a dicey finish...

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Apr 12 9:12 pm

Vegasgopher wrote:
Fri Apr 12 8:55 pm
Snowcool08 wrote:
Fri Apr 12 9:19 am
Vegasgopher wrote:

How do you get tickets?
As a PGA Professional (Club Professional) I am fortunate to have a free ticket to every round for life. I go with a group of 6 club pros where I live in ft Myers and we go every year...the best sports experience in the world.

Friday update:

There are roars at Augusta and there are tiger roars...not even close. I bet it was like that for jack in his day here.

The afternoon rain shower scared off 3/4 of the patrons and we had the place to ourselves. Got to see all of the tiger and schauffele runs.

Only at 5 on the peach ice cream sandwiches so far, gonna have to go deep to hit the over of 10, those who took the under look safe, but I am awfully dedicated so you never know.

Played a lot of golf with Charley Hoffman so I'm always rooting for him.

9 guys within a shot of the lead! Saturday is going to be EPIC!!!

The course seems softer and a little more tame, but scores haven't gone very deep, making for a packed leaderboard.

You HAVE to have 1 pimento cheese sandwich per day (they are $1.50) it appeases the Augusta golf gods and the soul...heaven

Saturday weather looks good and Sunday looks like tstorms from 2pm on. Maybe a dicey finish...
Wow can you ever paint a picture of The Masters...thanks!

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Fri Apr 12 9:32 pm

A good friend of mine got to go about 5-6 years ago and he still raves about it, maybe just because he knows it makes me jealous. :chainsaw:

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri Apr 12 11:05 pm

I always wanted to take my dad and two brothers there once. Just a Thursday round is all I ask. It’s a bucket list item as I’m sure it is for most sports fans. Even the lottery is you and one other person. There’s no way two of us could go and leave two at home. Would never live that down.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sat Apr 13 11:31 am

Yeah I would even settle for the Par 3 Challenge cause that looks like lots of fun :)

I am ticked I have to miss today cause I am working...I might honestly DVR it and watch when I get home which sounds rather ludicrous but with this many top guys at the top it is going to be one heckuva moving day. Both days so far the afternoon rounds seem to be better than the morning rounds so the leaders could be in for a lot low numbers!

Vegas,

Golf Digest is saying it might rain this afternoon so keep an eye out for it :)

-Scooby 2/7/2017

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by The Rube » Sat Apr 13 11:35 am

I really have nothing going on, and I love watching the majors, so I'm pretty sure I'll be plopped on the couch watching the tourney.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Sat Apr 13 2:16 pm

Going to watch the Masters with my son this weekend, and talk to him about how he can be there in about 22 years, if he works hard. :lol:

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Apr 13 2:18 pm

Tony Finau baaaaarely missed a Masters record on 9 for a 29.
Ended up tapping in for par on 9 to shoot a 30 and hold the lead alone.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sat Apr 13 4:04 pm

Just saw the leaderboard...good lord some of those scores.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sat Apr 13 4:06 pm

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden

Post by YoungEagle » Sat Apr 13 4:12 pm

Maybe next year they should play the masters at a more challenging course.

Boston Apologist

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sat Apr 13 4:19 pm

I thought - 10 would win but man the last groups are making the turn at - 9 with - 11 in the lead. If the rain doesn't get nuts tomorrow we could see some ridiculous numbers!

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sat Apr 13 4:20 pm

YoungEagle wrote:
Sat Apr 13 4:12 pm
Don't you have a cabin to steal Junior? Quiet down the "adults" are talking ;)

-Scooby 2/7/2017

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden

Post by YoungEagle » Sat Apr 13 4:46 pm

Handyman wrote:
Sat Apr 13 4:20 pm
YoungEagle wrote:
Sat Apr 13 4:12 pm
Don't you have a cabin to steal Junior? Quiet down the "adults" are talking ;)
I do but that plan has and will be in motion for a while. It’s a long con.

I loved this tweet, “The Masters is Coachella but for dads.”

Boston Apologist

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Apr 13 4:54 pm

Please, anyone but Tiger

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Apr 13 5:09 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Sat Apr 13 4:54 pm
Please, anyone but Tiger
Unpopular opinion
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Apr 13 5:12 pm

Molinari looking awfully good again today.

Will be interesting to see how the shift to an early morning start time changes the way the course plays. And how the players get ready.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sat Apr 13 5:19 pm

Molinari is - 13??? My God!

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Apr 13 5:20 pm

Handyman wrote:
Sat Apr 13 5:19 pm
4 straight birdies from 12-15 helps.

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Sat Apr 13 5:29 pm

Ok, Tiger. Now go win this tomorrow!

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Sat Apr 13 5:39 pm

My god Adam Scott is an awful putter.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sat Apr 13 6:04 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sat Apr 13 5:20 pm
Handyman wrote:
When Molinari is on he is tough to beat!

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Sat Apr 13 6:26 pm

Handyman wrote:
Sat Apr 13 6:04 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sat Apr 13 5:20 pm
Handyman wrote:
When Molinari is on he is tough to beat!
Yeah, and he's playing really well this week. Hope Tiger can catch him, even though that isn't the typical way Tiger has won these before. Anything can happen on Sunday, on the back 9 of Augusta.