Wolves / NBA:

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Thu Jun 20 7:09 pm

The Cavs are gonna play 2 PGs? Sure thing John...

Now I got no clue who the Wolves pick I recognize like one name :lol:
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Thu Jun 20 7:10 pm

Beauner wrote:
Thu Jun 20 7:08 pm
Handyman wrote:
Thu Jun 20 7:06 pm
Beauner wrote:
Thu Jun 20 7:04 pm
Handyman wrote:
Thu Jun 20 7:02 pm
So Hunter goes 4...apparently the Garland workout play didnt work :shock:

If the Wolves get him at 6 that would be pretty sweet. (no idea what Cleveland wants to do)
Why don't you trust me and my sources 😉
I trust only Meatsauce and that is just cause it ticks off the real media types :lol:

WoJo saying Cavs might take Garland so your sources suck ;)
Cavs take Garland. Guess the Wolves will take Coby White here.

FTR, it was my own opinion that they didn't need Garland not any "sources". Maybe they're gonna play Garland and Sexton together like Rubio and Fly...
I think the Cavs made a mistake...but they are the Cavs they do that :lol:

White would be the smart pick and still makes the Butler trade that much better :) (Dario was part of that trade)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14447
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 114 times
Age: 52

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jun 20 7:12 pm

White. Need a point guard so bad.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Thu Jun 20 7:13 pm

Oh lord I forgot about White's hair :lol:
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14447
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 114 times
Age: 52

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jun 20 7:14 pm

Nope. Shooting guard. Culver.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Thu Jun 20 7:15 pm

I like Culver but I liked White better. Both better than Dario and whoever they would have gotten at 11 ;)

edit: I actually like Culver a lot...if he puts the time in Chauncey is right he can be Butler. I saw TTU play a lot in the tourny so I have seen he can play. I just preferred a PG ;)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14961
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Jun 20 8:35 pm

Guy we wanted gets picked one before. Classic.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Thu Jun 20 9:35 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Jun 20 8:35 pm
Guy we wanted gets picked one before. Classic.
Poster who doesnt care about sport but will go into any thread so he can do his "woe is me" schtick. Classic.

You didnt even know who Garland was before I said he would go 5th and now you are lamenting him like he is the love we lost. You dont even know if that was who the Wolves wanted that was just the rumor given to the media. (like Garland going 4th was)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14961
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Jun 21 1:44 am

Says he's going 4th

"Before I said he would go 5th" lol
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 40 times
Age: 35

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Laxref » Fri Jun 21 2:11 am

Amir Coffey undrafted, sure would have been nice to have him back.

User avatar
mjarz02
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Jan 25 12:54 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 10 times
Age: 36

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by mjarz02 » Fri Jun 21 8:48 am

Handyman wrote:
Thu Jun 20 9:35 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Jun 20 8:35 pm
Guy we wanted gets picked one before. Classic.
Poster who doesnt care about sport but will go into any thread so he can do his "woe is me" schtick. Classic.

You didnt even know who Garland was before I said he would go 5th and now you are lamenting him like he is the love we lost. You dont even know if that was who the Wolves wanted that was just the rumor given to the media. (like Garland going 4th was)
Wolves had to know that Garland was going 5th. The Suns desperately needed a PG and were high on Garland. They traded the 6th pick because they knew he wouldn't be there. Culver can play both wing spots and at TT he ran the point at times. His defense is legit and I think he will be a better 3 pt shooter than his stats from last year.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16769
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 392 times
Contact:

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Jun 21 8:57 am

Laxref wrote:
Fri Jun 21 2:11 am
Amir Coffey undrafted, sure would have been nice to have him back.
Good luck riding buses in Eastern Europe?
Currently under construction.

User avatar
mjarz02
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Jan 25 12:54 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 10 times
Age: 36

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by mjarz02 » Fri Jun 21 9:20 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jun 21 8:57 am
Laxref wrote:
Fri Jun 21 2:11 am
Amir Coffey undrafted, sure would have been nice to have him back.
Good luck riding buses in Eastern Europe?
Or riding buses in the G-league. But I would argue its better to get paid to play than play for free.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14961
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Jun 21 9:22 am

"for free" not saying they get enough but they get something good.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
mjarz02
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Jan 25 12:54 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 10 times
Age: 36

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by mjarz02 » Fri Jun 21 9:30 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:22 am
"for free" not saying they get enough but they get something good.
Fair enough. It's better to collect a paycheck than to not collect one.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Fri Jun 21 10:09 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 1:44 am
Says he's going 4th

"Before I said he would go 5th" lol
What are you talking about? I never said he would go 5th I said the experts said he would go 4th. If Atlanta doesnt trade up he probably does because the Pelicans dont draft Hunter I dont think. He didnt. So what? Happens every year in pretty much every draft. (and oh my god I am off by a whole pick) Am I supposed to feel shame because I didnt get the #4 pick right in a draft I havent watched in like 7 years with a bunch of players I have seen play AT BEST 7-8 times? Yeah you are right...what a loser I am! (as would be the "experts" I stole the take from) I apologize for being wrong.

Keep trying to deflect Eeyore. Your bit is tired and rather pathetic.
Last edited by Handyman on Fri Jun 21 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Fri Jun 21 10:13 am

mjarz02 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:20 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jun 21 8:57 am
Laxref wrote:
Fri Jun 21 2:11 am
Amir Coffey undrafted, sure would have been nice to have him back.
Good luck riding buses in Eastern Europe?
Or riding buses in the G-league. But I would argue its better to get paid to play than play for free.
They dont get paid much so as I said before if he left to get paid he made a bad financial decision. I dont begrudge him because every year you wait it becomes harder if you go the G-League route, but I dont think he improved his situation all that much. I hope I am wrong but I bet in 5 years his career will be as silent to us as Trevor Mbakwe's was/is.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16769
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 392 times
Contact:

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Jun 21 10:56 am

Handyman wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:13 am
mjarz02 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:20 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jun 21 8:57 am
Laxref wrote:
Fri Jun 21 2:11 am
Amir Coffey undrafted, sure would have been nice to have him back.
Good luck riding buses in Eastern Europe?
Or riding buses in the G-league. But I would argue its better to get paid to play than play for free.
They dont get paid much so as I said before if he left to get paid he made a bad financial decision. I dont begrudge him because every year you wait it becomes harder if you go the G-League route, but I dont think he improved his situation all that much. I hope I am wrong but I bet in 5 years his career will be as silent to us as Trevor Mbakwe's was/is.
Agreed. If he finished his degree and the NBA didn't pan out he could write his own ticket in this town if he's even marginally competent at his studies. As it stands I argue the competition he'd face in a full NCAA season playing a solid NC schedule, in argument the 1a or 1b best conference in the country, the BT tournament and likely the spotlight of the NCAA tournament would make him more ready for the next level than the G league.

But I don't begrudge him either I just think if he really thought the NBA minors was his best route to a big ticket he made the wrong choice. But good luck to him I hope he proves me wrong.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
mjarz02
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Jan 25 12:54 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 10 times
Age: 36

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by mjarz02 » Fri Jun 21 11:04 am

Handyman wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:13 am
mjarz02 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:20 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jun 21 8:57 am
Laxref wrote:
Fri Jun 21 2:11 am
Amir Coffey undrafted, sure would have been nice to have him back.
Good luck riding buses in Eastern Europe?
Or riding buses in the G-league. But I would argue its better to get paid to play than play for free.
They dont get paid much so as I said before if he left to get paid he made a bad financial decision. I dont begrudge him because every year you wait it becomes harder if you go the G-League route, but I dont think he improved his situation all that much. I hope I am wrong but I bet in 5 years his career will be as silent to us as Trevor Mbakwe's was/is.
Do you honestly think if he played another year in college that his draft stock would improve to the point of getting a guaranteed roster spot in the NBA? 3 College seniors were drafted in the first round this year. Coffey is a very good college player and it would of been great to see him play another year. However, he has to take that next step to find out if he can play in the NBA. It's going to be a grind, but he will get paid to do it. No shame in making decent money to play basketball.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Fri Jun 21 12:51 pm

Did you actually read what I said?

Again because you keep missing the point I said it is a bad FINANCIAL decision. He is going to make dick next year and probably the year after that unless he goes to Europe or someone is desperate for a left handed wing or something. If someone told him this was smart because he would be getting paid they are wrong because he wont.

I dont think he will ever get an NBA roster spot for more than a cup of (ugh) coffee. That is why I dont begrudge him taking the chance because the older you get the harder it is to break in. (look in my post I said that) But since I say he has a 1% chance of ever playing no matter the route the difference is negligible. If he played for the Gophs and had a great season he likely gets drafted at best in the second round (unless he fixes his glaring deficiencies) so it really doesnt much matter. To me it is six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Since he will likely finish his degree anyways (because he left in good standing the U will honor it per BT rules) he will be fine on that front. I just want to keep reminding people he isnt leaving to go make a rookie NBA contract...he is leaving to work for most likely 30-40k in a league that doesnt draw well and is a grind to move to the next level. I think when it comes to money that is a pretty sideways move since he isnt hurting. From a playing standpoint he is slightly better off going pro if teams are telling him the G-League is where he can fix his problems. No matter my guess is he spends 70-80% of his career overseas where I think his game will make him more money than the NBA will.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
mjarz02
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Jan 25 12:54 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 10 times
Age: 36

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by mjarz02 » Fri Jun 21 4:00 pm

Handyman wrote:
Fri Jun 21 12:51 pm
Did you actually read what I said?

Again because you keep missing the point I said it is a bad FINANCIAL decision. He is going to make dick next year and probably the year after that unless he goes to Europe or someone is desperate for a left handed wing or something. If someone told him this was smart because he would be getting paid they are wrong because he wont.

I dont think he will ever get an NBA roster spot for more than a cup of (ugh) coffee. That is why I dont begrudge him taking the chance because the older you get the harder it is to break in. (look in my post I said that) But since I say he has a 1% chance of ever playing no matter the route the difference is negligible. If he played for the Gophs and had a great season he likely gets drafted at best in the second round (unless he fixes his glaring deficiencies) so it really doesnt much matter. To me it is six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Since he will likely finish his degree anyways (because he left in good standing the U will honor it per BT rules) he will be fine on that front. I just want to keep reminding people he isnt leaving to go make a rookie NBA contract...he is leaving to work for most likely 30-40k in a league that doesnt draw well and is a grind to move to the next level. I think when it comes to money that is a pretty sideways move since he isnt hurting. From a playing standpoint he is slightly better off going pro if teams are telling him the G-League is where he can fix his problems. No matter my guess is he spends 70-80% of his career overseas where I think his game will make him more money than the NBA will.
Its only a bad financial decision if he was expecting to be a first round pick. Making 7k a month during the season with the possibility of bonuses and/or two way contract is not peanuts. From this post, it doesn't seem like you believe him going back for a senior year would improve his chances of landing a guaranteed contract and I think we agree on that.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16769
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 392 times
Contact:

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Jun 21 6:16 pm

mjarz02 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 11:04 am
Handyman wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:13 am
mjarz02 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:20 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jun 21 8:57 am
Laxref wrote:
Fri Jun 21 2:11 am
Amir Coffey undrafted, sure would have been nice to have him back.
Good luck riding buses in Eastern Europe?
Or riding buses in the G-league. But I would argue its better to get paid to play than play for free.
They dont get paid much so as I said before if he left to get paid he made a bad financial decision. I dont begrudge him because every year you wait it becomes harder if you go the G-League route, but I dont think he improved his situation all that much. I hope I am wrong but I bet in 5 years his career will be as silent to us as Trevor Mbakwe's was/is.
Do you honestly think if he played another year in college that his draft stock would improve to the point of getting a guaranteed roster spot in the NBA?
You will argue G-league ball would make him more NBA ready right now than a Big Ten season? Is there a plethora of 3-year NCAA players into the G making the NBA over 4-year NCAA players? If so I'll stand corrected.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
mjarz02
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Jan 25 12:54 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 10 times
Age: 36

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by mjarz02 » Fri Jun 21 7:27 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jun 21 6:16 pm
mjarz02 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 11:04 am
Handyman wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:13 am
mjarz02 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:20 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jun 21 8:57 am
Laxref wrote:
Fri Jun 21 2:11 am
Amir Coffey undrafted, sure would have been nice to have him back.
Good luck riding buses in Eastern Europe?
Or riding buses in the G-league. But I would argue its better to get paid to play than play for free.
They dont get paid much so as I said before if he left to get paid he made a bad financial decision. I dont begrudge him because every year you wait it becomes harder if you go the G-League route, but I dont think he improved his situation all that much. I hope I am wrong but I bet in 5 years his career will be as silent to us as Trevor Mbakwe's was/is.
Do you honestly think if he played another year in college that his draft stock would improve to the point of getting a guaranteed roster spot in the NBA?
You will argue G-league ball would make him more NBA ready right now than a Big Ten season? Is there a plethora of 3-year NCAA players into the G making the NBA over 4-year NCAA players? If so I'll stand corrected.
More NBA ready? Maybe, but maybe not. Well the 3pt line and rules are just like the Nba so that might help. Also if he plays well he has a chance to get called up and maybe sign a two way contract. I just don't think he has much to gain by playing his senior year other than making MN fans happy.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Sat Jun 22 1:33 am

mjarz02 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 4:00 pm
Handyman wrote:
Fri Jun 21 12:51 pm
Did you actually read what I said?

Again because you keep missing the point I said it is a bad FINANCIAL decision. He is going to make dick next year and probably the year after that unless he goes to Europe or someone is desperate for a left handed wing or something. If someone told him this was smart because he would be getting paid they are wrong because he wont.

I dont think he will ever get an NBA roster spot for more than a cup of (ugh) coffee. That is why I dont begrudge him taking the chance because the older you get the harder it is to break in. (look in my post I said that) But since I say he has a 1% chance of ever playing no matter the route the difference is negligible. If he played for the Gophs and had a great season he likely gets drafted at best in the second round (unless he fixes his glaring deficiencies) so it really doesnt much matter. To me it is six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Since he will likely finish his degree anyways (because he left in good standing the U will honor it per BT rules) he will be fine on that front. I just want to keep reminding people he isnt leaving to go make a rookie NBA contract...he is leaving to work for most likely 30-40k in a league that doesnt draw well and is a grind to move to the next level. I think when it comes to money that is a pretty sideways move since he isnt hurting. From a playing standpoint he is slightly better off going pro if teams are telling him the G-League is where he can fix his problems. No matter my guess is he spends 70-80% of his career overseas where I think his game will make him more money than the NBA will.
Its only a bad financial decision if he was expecting to be a first round pick. Making 7k a month during the season with the possibility of bonuses and/or two way contract is not peanuts. From this post, it doesn't seem like you believe him going back for a senior year would improve his chances of landing a guaranteed contract and I think we agree on that.
No it wouldnt. But he could do better than 30k if he got a decent waiter gig. That money is pretty mediocre. Plus he doesnt need money anyways.

Doesnt matter he made his decision. For his sake I hope he has a good career no matter where it is.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Sat Jun 22 1:41 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jun 21 6:16 pm
mjarz02 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 11:04 am
Handyman wrote:
Fri Jun 21 10:13 am
mjarz02 wrote:
Fri Jun 21 9:20 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jun 21 8:57 am
Laxref wrote:
Fri Jun 21 2:11 am
Amir Coffey undrafted, sure would have been nice to have him back.
Good luck riding buses in Eastern Europe?
Or riding buses in the G-league. But I would argue its better to get paid to play than play for free.
They dont get paid much so as I said before if he left to get paid he made a bad financial decision. I dont begrudge him because every year you wait it becomes harder if you go the G-League route, but I dont think he improved his situation all that much. I hope I am wrong but I bet in 5 years his career will be as silent to us as Trevor Mbakwe's was/is.
Do you honestly think if he played another year in college that his draft stock would improve to the point of getting a guaranteed roster spot in the NBA?
You will argue G-league ball would make him more NBA ready right now than a Big Ten season? Is there a plethora of 3-year NCAA players into the G making the NBA over 4-year NCAA players? If so I'll stand corrected.
Actually yes playing in the G-League would be better for him developmentally. NBA teams want players as young as possible. A senior year in the Big Ten would set him back another year because to the NBA he would still have tons of issues with his game that need to be worked out in the G-League. So he would essentially be a year behind. And, the older you get in the G-League the harder it is to get the NBA to look your way. Not to mention, if he gets hurt (which he tends to do) he can kiss any shot of improving his status goodbye.

Now he could buck that trend if he has an amazing senior year...but even that probably wouldnt do much for him. His issues are too glaring and arent going to change with another year in college.

Now the flip side of all of this is most likely you are talking the difference of a few percentage points. If you think right now he has a 10% chance of making the NBA ever if he came back for his senior year (assuming no injury) then it is probably like 5% if he comes back.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Jun 22 6:43 pm


User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Tue Jun 25 10:16 am

From what I am reading it is not actually a two way deal its a summer league invite with a bonus that can be turned into a two way deal. I cant pretend though to know what any of that means :)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4924
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by gopher6 » Wed Jun 26 1:26 pm


User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14961
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Jun 29 9:56 pm

So get rid of Wiggins to pick up Russell and then the kid they drafted hopefully replaces Wiggins? I guess that could be a net win over drafted PG + Wiggins.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Sun Jun 30 12:34 am

If they can unload Wiggins contract that alone is a win whether they get Russel or not. Wiggins just doesnt seem to have the drive to turn himself into the player he could be with his talent level.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Jun 30 4:54 pm


User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Jun 30 6:19 pm


User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Handyman » Sun Jun 30 8:32 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Sun Jun 30 4:54 pm
The Nets are morons. Durant is out the year (and may never return to form) and Kyrie is a cancer who made Boston worse when he played. It is a good headline...but I will bet in 3 years they will wish they never made these moves outside of Jordan.

Good for Rose getting a two year deal.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14961
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Jul 01 2:32 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Sat Jun 29 9:56 pm
So get rid of Wiggins to pick up Russell and then the kid they drafted hopefully replaces Wiggins? I guess that could be a net win over drafted PG + Wiggins.
NVM
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4571
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Chris83 » Mon Jul 01 9:44 pm

Oh well, at least the T'Wolves got Jordan Bell as a consolation prize. Following this franchise to any degree has to be one of the biggest downers in the history of professional sports.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7381
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Iceburg » Tue Jul 02 12:06 am

Chris83 wrote:
Mon Jul 01 9:44 pm
Following this franchise to any degree has to be one of the biggest downers in the history of professional sports.
Well, I was a fan of the Washinton Generals for several years.
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4571
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Chris83 » Sat Jul 06 10:15 am

Kawhi Leonard via free agency (4 years, $141 million) and Paul George via trade with OKC (for unprotected 2022, 2024 and 2026 picks, unprotected 2021 and protected 2023 first-round picks via Miami, and the rights to swap picks with the Clippers in 2023 and 2025 and two players) to the LA Clippers. Apparently LAC were terrified that Leonard would sign with the Lakers and relegate them back to irrelevancy status in Los Angeles. Sounds like Toronto did everything they could to keep Leonard, but it didn't work out. I rarely pay any attention to the NBA until the playoffs, so with the Timberwolves continuing to be a non-entity, I'll check in to see how this works out next Spring.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14961
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Jul 06 2:58 pm

The difference between the haves and have nots is ridiculous.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Jul 11 7:34 pm


User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14961
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Jul 11 8:00 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sat Jul 06 2:58 pm
The difference between the haves and have nots is ridiculous.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5760
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by george » Tue Sep 17 10:42 am

Wolves sign Jordan Murphy?

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Maize » Tue Sep 17 12:04 pm

george wrote:
Tue Sep 17 10:42 am
Wolves sign Jordan Murphy?
Just for training camp, at this point.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14961
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Oct 23 7:33 pm

Wolves are up by 16 on one of the good teams in the league. This can't last right? lol

Oh, KD is hurt
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4571
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Chris83 » Wed Oct 23 9:40 pm

Well, the Wolves managed to cough up a big lead, then come back, give up another lead, but still hung on to win in OT, 127-126.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4571
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Chris83 » Fri Oct 25 8:35 pm

Jeez, who sneaked in and replaced the T'Wolves with a real basketball team during the off-season? They beat Charlotte 121-99 to go 2-0 to start the season.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Nov 02 8:59 pm

Man, the Wolves are absolutely destroying Washington.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28866
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Beauner » Sat Nov 02 11:24 pm

4-1 record and they won by 22 without Big KAT
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28866
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Beauner » Mon Dec 09 10:46 pm

Rubio torched the Wolves tonight. 16pts 14 assists.
At least Teague is gone after the season.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Jan 01 3:22 pm


User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Jan 16 11:28 am


User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28866
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Beauner » Thu Jan 16 3:03 pm

Thank God Teague is gone. Holy crap he's terrible.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9893
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 120 times
Age: 45

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by davescharf » Thu Jan 16 9:55 pm

For those of us who care very little about the local pro hardwood team, why does this trade give us?
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Maize » Thu Jan 16 10:18 pm

davescharf wrote:
Thu Jan 16 9:55 pm
For those of us who care very little about the local pro hardwood team, why does this trade give us?
They got rid of two guys that weren't going to be on the team next season and picked up an outside shooter whose contract is expiring, and a free roster space to sign a G-League guy or have some flexibility to make another trade. It's not a game-changer. Basically this season is over and they're starting tryouts for next year's team.

User avatar
MATT
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3676
Joined: Fri Feb 02 10:41 pm
Location: North Carolina
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 56 times
Age: 35

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by MATT » Sun Jan 26 1:47 pm

Damn, Kobe Bryant died this morning in a helicopter crash. (Reported by TMZ)

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Jan 26 1:49 pm

MATT wrote:
Sun Jan 26 1:47 pm
Damn, Kobe Bryant died this morning in a helicopter crash. (Reported by TMZ)

User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Posts: 1205
Joined: Tue Jul 29 12:50 pm
Location: Mortgage Business
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 44 times
Age: 49
Contact:

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Sun Jan 26 2:20 pm

Wow........just wow.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28866
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Beauner » Sun Jan 26 2:59 pm

Apparently his 13 year old daughter was on board as well.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28866
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Beauner » Sun Jan 26 3:06 pm

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7810
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 191 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by JWG » Sun Jan 26 3:57 pm

:( That's awful... feel for his family and daughter's mom
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Jan 26 4:53 pm

Today's tragic event is an example of the power of the social media. While some outlets used caution, and used facts, others reported things haphazardly and now have egg on their faces. It's hard to believe, but TMZ is now a pretty reliable source when it comes to breaking news.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5900
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Jan 27 9:03 am

The show opening remarks Skip Bayless gave regarding hearing about the death of Kobe Bryant yesterday was gripping. Skip was in Miami & his wife Ernestine was home in LA. He called her 1st thing that morning & she commented on how foggy it was in LA. Later she called him back in tears, unable to speak for a moment, then she finally choked out...”Kobe died“. Then Skip talked about the emotions he felt upon hearing the news. Very gripping. BTW...what Shannon shared in his opening remarks was gripping too, shared the detail of a text string between Shannon & Kobe from Dec, 27, 2019. Powerful #Kobe RIP

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28866
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Beauner » Mon Jan 27 10:48 pm

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3343
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 200 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Karlsson » Mon Jan 27 10:57 pm

Truly a historic franchise.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Jan 28 6:36 am

Karlsson wrote:
Mon Jan 27 10:57 pm
Truly a historic franchise.
Yet people still watch them. And some pay money.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14447
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 114 times
Age: 52

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Jan 28 8:05 am

Those tickets on the floor cost a lot of money. Course if you're just an NBA fan in general it'd probably be worth it. I've gotten to the point where I don't love any one sport enough that I can just watch it without some sort of rooting interest. And I've never been much of a gambler so that doesn't work for me either.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16769
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 392 times
Contact:

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jan 28 8:13 am

Woof!
Currently under construction.

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9893
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 120 times
Age: 45

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by davescharf » Tue Jan 28 8:36 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jan 28 6:36 am
Karlsson wrote:
Mon Jan 27 10:57 pm
Truly a historic franchise.
Yet people still watch them. And some pay money.
Yep - I'm in for 3 tickets in April. They have ways of getting you...in this case it's because my daughter is singing the national anthem before the game.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Jan 28 8:48 am

davescharf wrote:
Tue Jan 28 8:36 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jan 28 6:36 am
Karlsson wrote:
Mon Jan 27 10:57 pm
Truly a historic franchise.
Yet people still watch them. And some pay money.
Yep - I'm in for 3 tickets in April. They have ways of getting you...in this case it's because my daughter is singing the national anthem before the game.
Just drop her off and tell her to walk over to Ike’s when she’s done. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4571
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Chris83 » Tue Jan 28 9:53 am

As I've been saying for years, the key word for this franchise is...RELOCATE! Please move. Take Target Center, do a refit and convert it to a "hockey friendly" configuration. Then multiple sectional playoff games can be held there each year. I'm only being somewhat facetious. :wink: :lol:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Jan 28 11:11 am

davescharf wrote:
Tue Jan 28 8:36 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jan 28 6:36 am
Karlsson wrote:
Mon Jan 27 10:57 pm
Truly a historic franchise.
Yet people still watch them. And some pay money.
Yep - I'm in for 3 tickets in April. They have ways of getting you...in this case it's because my daughter is singing the national anthem before the game.
Did you have to pay for those tickets?

I know a family who's kid stuck the flag at center ice for the Wild this year and the Wild gave the family 4 club tickets. I always assumed pro franchises did this for people who perform/participate in the events.

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4571
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Chris83 » Tue Jan 28 11:36 am

So, the passing of those in the helicopter crash Sunday in Calabasas, CA was noted during the opening prayer of the Senate impeachment hearing yesterday? Would this have been invoked had Kobe Bryant and his daughter NOT been involved? Sincerely, not trying to be a jerk; this was a horror story for everyone personally involved. We'll see ongoing tributes by the NBA, the Lakers and even the state of California; but the U.S. Senate during the impeachment hearings? Again, not trying to be provocative or an a-hole. Just seems a case of "celebrity status" getting out of control.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9893
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 120 times
Age: 45

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by davescharf » Tue Jan 28 12:32 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jan 28 11:11 am
davescharf wrote:
Tue Jan 28 8:36 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jan 28 6:36 am
Karlsson wrote:
Mon Jan 27 10:57 pm
Truly a historic franchise.
Yet people still watch them. And some pay money.
Yep - I'm in for 3 tickets in April. They have ways of getting you...in this case it's because my daughter is singing the national anthem before the game.
Did you have to pay for those tickets?

I know a family who's kid stuck the flag at center ice for the Wild this year and the Wild gave the family 4 club tickets. I always assumed pro franchises did this for people who perform/participate in the events.
We did have to pay for anyone who wanted to go - including her

My guess is they don’t want to give out 300 tickets. When the school sings at Twins games I know we have to buy those as well but they are really cheap
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Jan 28 1:00 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Tue Jan 28 11:36 am
So, the passing of those in the helicopter crash Sunday in Calabasas, CA was noted during the opening prayer of the Senate impeachment hearing yesterday? Would this have been invoked had Kobe Bryant and his daughter NOT been involved? Sincerely, not trying to be a jerk; this was a horror story for everyone personally involved. We'll see ongoing tributes by the NBA, the Lakers and even the state of California; but the U.S. Senate during the impeachment hearings? Again, not trying to be provocative or an a-hole. Just seems a case of "celebrity status" getting out of control.
I'll keep names out to avoid a political discussion, But I saw some replies to a tweet from a prominent political figure and some people were very outraged that the world didn't stop. "How can you be tweeting when were all mourning Kobe?"

It is possible to be sad someone died AND continue on with life.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Jan 29 3:49 pm

I see people want the NBA to have Kobe replace Jerry West as the logo of the NBA. Everyone needs to take a step back. What will happen when Jordan passes? Or Russell, Bird, Johnson, LeBron, etc. No doubt Kobe is a hall of famer, and needs to be mourned and celebrated as an all time great.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28866
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Wolves / NBA:

Post by Beauner » Wed Jan 29 10:42 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jan 29 3:49 pm
I see people want the NBA to have Kobe replace Jerry West as the logo of the NBA. Everyone needs to take a step back. What will happen when Jordan passes? Or Russell, Bird, Johnson, LeBron, etc. No doubt Kobe is a hall of famer, and needs to be mourned and celebrated as an all time great.
They've been talking about changing the logo for a while now. The Kobe tragedy is just one of those moments where it would be a good way to memorialize him. My first thought was MJ too but I could see the NBA using Kobe after this.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Post Reply