Wolves / NBA:

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Wolves / NBA:

Post by Hobey Baker » Tue May 03 10:10 am

I know that the fans here are bigger hockey nuts than hoopsters, but i figured we should have a spot to talk NBA playoffs and hoops.

Does anyone care about the NBA playoffs with the Wolves out?

What is up with Van Gundy? Accused officials for targeting Yao. Blames Cuban. Fined $100,000 by the NBA.

Where will Flip end up?

Is Phil going back to LA?

Series Update:

Heat over Nets 4-0, Suns over Grizzlies 4-0, Mavs ahead of Rockets 3-2, Spurs lead Nuggets 3-1, Pistons lead Sixers 3 - 1, Seattle over Kings 3-1, Bulls and Wizzards tied 2-2, and Pacers and Celtics are also tied 2-2.

Best series so far are Mavs/ Rockets and Spurs / Nuggets!

Kessel Guy
Rookie

Post by Kessel Guy » Tue May 03 10:20 am

Wish the Wolves were there. Not much interest without them. I think Flip will end up in Cleveland. The Nuggets and Spurs has been very entertaining. I don't know what is up with Van Gundy? NBA still beats college baseball.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Tue May 03 11:10 am

I wish we had the chance to watch KG, but they were terrible this year. I have been watching the Suns. They are so athletic and fun to watch. Nash really makes that team go. I am looking forward to Suns v Mavs and Suns v Spurs in the West. I would like to see Det v Miami in the east.

Kobe v Shaq? The answer is Shaq!

Goldy 79
Golden
Golden

Post by Goldy 79 » Tue May 03 11:34 am

The NBA is horrible compared to college basketball. To much of the time in NBA games it winds up being one on one and too much about the individual.

College basketball has a pure quality to the sport that the NBA will never be able to touch. College Basketball knows how to play as a team and run a true offense and they know how to pressure the ball and play defense.

Of course I am also a litte bitter with no playoff hockey to watch and no T-wolves to watch, man they really screwed the pooch this year

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Tue May 03 11:41 am

Goldy 79 wrote:The NBA is horrible compared to college basketball. To much of the time in NBA games it winds up being one on one and too much about the individual.

College basketball has a pure quality to the sport that the NBA will never be able to touch. College Basketball knows how to play as a team and run a true offense and they know how to pressure the ball and play defense.

I don't disagree with you, but feel that the youngsters leaving early has really hurt the NCAA and the level of play. There are a lot of bad teams out there. I hope the NBA comes up with a minimum age and a minor league system.

Could you imagine KG, Kobe and LeBron playing two years of college ball. It would have been incredible.

Goldy 79
Golden
Golden

Post by Goldy 79 » Tue May 03 11:49 am

Hobey Baker wrote:
Goldy 79 wrote:The NBA is horrible compared to college basketball. To much of the time in NBA games it winds up being one on one and too much about the individual.

I don't disagree with you, but feel that the youngsters leaving early has really hurt the NCAA and the level of play. There are a lot of bad teams out there. I hope the NBA comes up with a minimum age and a minor league system.

Could you imagine KG, Kobe and LeBron playing two years of college ball. It would have been incredible.

Yeah it could have been crazy to see those players suiting up and playig during march madness. A minimum age level is a good idea in theory but might be hard to get pushed through. The fact also remains that some of these youngsters might not have gotten into college on account of there test scores.

I believe KG just barely scored high enough ojn his SATs to qualify for school.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Tue May 03 11:57 am

Minimum age does work and is part of the NFL. It is up the NBA Players Association. Education is important so if these kids knew that they weren't going right into the NBA, it might become a more important part of their lives. If they still can't cut it then there should be a minor leagues until they are the right age.

Goldy 79
Golden
Golden

Post by Goldy 79 » Tue May 03 12:17 pm

I still believe college to be the better game, and I think college sports overall are more fun to watch then most pro sports.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Tue May 03 12:21 pm

NFL? I agree with you. Less egos and more passion!

If the Twins are not on, what sports are you watching? I am telling you the Suns are a lot of fun to watch.

h8red
Veteran

Post by h8red » Tue May 03 12:54 pm

BOOOORRRRRIIIINNNNNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Bouncy ball sucks!

Gophan
Rookie

Post by Gophan » Tue May 03 1:15 pm

When is the last time the Celtics were in the playoffs?
I'm thinkin' Larry Bird!

Goldy 79
Golden
Golden

Post by Goldy 79 » Tue May 03 1:35 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:NFL? I agree with you. Less egos and more passion!

If the Twins are not on, what sports are you watching? I am telling you the Suns are a lot of fun to watch.

I watch anything competitive I am freak for sports, not only sports just basically any competition, it doesn't have to be sports related.

TheColonel
Veteran

Post by TheColonel » Tue May 03 3:14 pm

bouncy ball? :bored: what a terrible sport.

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Tue May 03 5:21 pm

I'm personally happy to see the Wolves in the lottery. It's not fair to Garnett, a truly great player of this era, that McHale and Glen Taylor threw away our first round picks for half of a decade trying to sign Joe Smith. This years team was dissapointing and was definately not going anywhere. I'm happy to see us finally have a chance to build around KG with young talent for the first time since he has become a truly elite player.

On the college / NBA question, I personally prefer the NBA although I also really enjoy college (although it has definately been hurt by early draft entry). Really, the difference between the leagues is the length of the three point arc; if you like a balance of interior and perimeter play, I think the NBA is a better league, but if you like watching perimeter oriented play it's more enjoyable to watch college games because the short arc puts an emphasis on that style. There are also the negative, business-related aspects of the game (contract disputes, some arrogant players, etc.) that naturally go along with any pro sport (although the NBA, IMO, is one of the best run pro leagues). I can completely understand why some people prefer the college game; I personally just prefer pro basketball because I know it better.

Watching sports is very much a vicarious experience. People who enjoy playing basketball are going to enjoy watching basketball, by and large, and the same goes for hockey. Why take your own time to comment that you don't enjoy watching a sport??

Gopherguy33
Golden
Golden

Post by Gopherguy33 » Tue May 03 5:26 pm

Goldy 79 wrote:
Hobey Baker wrote:NFL? I agree with you. Less egos and more passion!

I watch anything competitive I am freak for sports, not only sports just basically any competition, it doesn't have to be sports related.

Goldy,

I couldn't have said it better. If it's a legitamate sport I like it. I can put a blanket statement on College sports being better than Professional.

Soapbox
The topic is Hoops and if you don't like them read elswhere. It really bothers me when people can't have an open mind that OTHER people may actually have a differing opinion. I played college hoops and grew up playing. I played because my mother worked 3 jobs to make sure I could play some type of athletics and hockey was to expensive. My love was always hockey. Very difficult for a single mom of two boys both financially and with logistics before the recent flood of rinks. It isn't just an urban issue. My High School, Centennial, built there arena when I was Soph. so although most of friends played hockey, I learned to enjoy Hoops. Off Soapbox. Sorry touchy subject :anger:

I think Flip ends up out west. Portland or Sacramento. Not L.A.

I hope Phil stays away. I am tired of him. he is good but two names. Mike and Shaq.

I am pissed that the Wolves sucked this year. Of all years to underachieve. The year that the NHL has no playoffs. I hope my handicap goes down.

San Antonio vs. Miami Miami in 6 games

SickBoy
Veteran

Post by SickBoy » Tue May 03 6:11 pm

This thread is blasphemous! It must be deleted!
"The problem in the world is that it's filled with stupid people. Now I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

gator
Golden
Golden

Post by gator » Tue May 03 8:48 pm

Growing up I was b-ball player and a hockey fan, I played b-ball all through Jr. High and High School, I sometimes still enjoy watching High School and College ball, but I hate the NBA. I like seeing the Wolves do well, just because they are from Minnesota, but other then that the "NBA SUCKS". The NBA is not basketball, traveling and fouling on every play along with officials who can't make a call. Selfish and overpaid players who complain cause they did not get the ball.
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Tue May 03 10:11 pm

Over-expansion killed the NBA as well as the NHL. The reasons were different but the results the same.

The NBA has about 4 or 5 teams more than it should. Because of this there are many guys that don't even belong in the league. If they got rid of 4 to 5 teams they would improve the quality of play, and more importantly, they would fix the sagging college hoops game. Guys would be less inclined to leave college AND high school early if there were 48 - 60 less job openings available.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Tue May 03 10:50 pm

Jordan, Bird, Magic, and Dr. J. Boston, Detroit, LA, Philly and the Bulls. I miss watching Mike dominate and win his titles. Today's NBA just doesn't compare to the 80's and 90's.

Detroit closes out Philly and takes a step to defending its title.

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Tue May 03 11:09 pm

The Nba is incredibly young, and there is a truly remarkable crop of talented, young players (who are stand up guys as well) that are going to send Nba popularity through the roof in the next 5-7 years as they hit thier primes. Guys like D'wayne Wade and Lebron play the game unselfishly, and they will be truly great players who will be fun to watch playing in their primes against savvy vets like KG and Tim Duncan. Every professional league has it's problems - it's the nature of professional sports. But the Nba is a great league that had the problem of hitting the youngest point in league history at the same time Michael Jordan retired. Alot of the players who were billed as his heirs were selfish guys who never should have received that label. Anyone who hasn't liked the league since Jordan retired or has not watched a game in a while should tune into some Heat games this postseason and watch Wade play. That's the future of pro basketball.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Wed May 04 12:01 am

I don't see the same star quality in Wade as compared to Jordan, Bird and Magic. I am not slighting you or Wade but it is just different. The state of the league is the problem. Look, Bird and Magic saved the NBA and Jordan sent it over the top. Fans liked to watch these guys play and had an attachment to them, regardless of the fact that they might not be on your team. People liked watching Bird v Magic. People tuned into see Michael do something special or win another title. We don't have that with Wade or any other young star. Poeple just don't care about the NBA the way they used to. Too many punks! Too much selfishness! No attachment!

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Wed May 04 10:53 am

Let's not forget that Jordan went a long time without winning a title, and was labeled by many as a selfish player who couldn't win like the guys from "the good old days" because he didn't make his teammates better. We don't know how these guys will do (they're 2nd year players), but I love watching them play and they definately make their teammates better (see: 2003 Marquette vs. Kentucky, for the college fans. I was at the game, and it was the best performance I've ever seen live).

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Wed May 04 11:29 am

nods,

That is not the point i was trying to get across. The attachment to the NBA and the players like Jordan, Bird and Magic was much greater. The star power of the NBA today dims in comparison to the older era. Fans just don't like this NBA as much compared to the older era. Is it the money, personalities, or just the quality of the game? It could be all the listed reasons, but IMO it just isn't the same.

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Wed May 04 12:35 pm

The point I was making is the NBA is very young right now and, you're right, people don't have the same attachment. It has great young talent, including Wade and Lebron, however, and when those guys and others hit their primes the NBA will be as big and as popular as it has ever been.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Wed May 04 9:30 pm

Just a little note on college hoops. The ncaa is not going to move the 3 point line back this year. a consensus on distance and a lane width could not be reached.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri May 06 8:45 pm

Who is going to end up coaching the Wolves?

Dallas v Houston and Indiana v Boston in game 7 action this weekend.

Nash edges Shack for MVP. Nash becomes the 4th point gaurd in 40 plus years to win the NBA's MVP.

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Fri May 06 9:40 pm

We may see more point guards winning the MVP in the near future because of the tightening of officiating implemented around the perimeter this year. This, IMO, is why Nash was so effective this year even though he had never been anything near an MVP candidate with Dallas. No one was allowed to touch him on the perimeter and he was able to penetrate and dish. I don't know if this is a good change or a bad change, but it does explain the unexpected emergence of a number of perimeter-oriented teams this year that have been successful so far in the playoffs (Phoenix, Seattle, Washington, and others).

As a side note, this is a much underappreciated reason for the Timberwolves lack of success this year. Because of these rule changes, our age showed much more than it did last year. Even early in the season when Cassell was healthy he was a massive liability on the defensive end, getting burned consistently for points and penetration, because he was not allowed by the refs to block with his body to make up for his lack of speed and agility.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri May 06 9:56 pm

Great points!

Look for that MVP to head to Cleveland, sooner than later! You might see Shaq get one more too.

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Fri May 06 10:32 pm

No doubt Hobey, Lebron will win his share. Not sure who will become the Wolves next coach, but I just want to mention that I read a few weeks ago that they actually asked Flip to possibly return after the season and he declined that offer. It's obvious Spreewell will be gone next year and Cassell will become trade bait with his expiring contract. Taylor is on the record as saying those guys were a bad investment, saying it was a "failed experiment", yet he fired Flip primarily because he couldn't get those two guys to respond to his coaching. He essentially placed the blame on those guys and on Flip, which isn't logical. If those guys were such bad eggs, why not just recognize that as the reason for Flip's failure and say it was inevitable, and get a team around him that is coachable. It's a shame that those guys bad attitudes were able to drive Flip out of town, even though it was obvious by the time he was fired that they were not going to be around for the long term.

The only name I've heard thrown around other than Phil Jackson (which likely won't happen) is PJ Carlesimo. Isiah has also been talking to him in New York, however, and if he doesn't get Phil god knows Thomas will offer PJ a ridiculous contract, as he has no clue how to manage money. That's something Taylor, rightly, probably wouldn't do for a guy who is not considered a top tier coach. PJ has been a spurs assistant the last few years, though, and you can't help but improve coaching under Popovich. Maybe he will emerge as a truly great coach.

Gopherguy33
Golden
Golden

Post by Gopherguy33 » Fri May 06 11:02 pm

I am hearing Dave Cowhens and Jerry Sichsting(sp?) What is this fascination with former Celtics? They were good THEN as players. Look outside the box. I like Musselman or Mike Brown from the Pacers

Gophan
Rookie

Post by Gophan » Sat May 07 12:32 am

I admit that I am definately much more into college hoops than the NBA, but come on, the PLAYOFFS? They're always exciting! I'm not a "fan", but I'm excited for the Celtics, and hope that they can pull off game 7 tomorrow. (@ home! How exciting for their fans!)

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Sat May 07 12:59 am

You don't have to admit you're not a "fan" in the NBA board. I'm a huge gopher hockey fan and a huge nba fan. Love Pierce, hate Walker. Worthless basketball player.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sat May 07 10:02 am

How about the pierce meltdown and post game interview? looked like he had a toothache.

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Sat May 07 10:40 am

Didn't see the interview but that was an obvious flop by Tinsley. I was watching the game when he got his first T and apparently he made a bad comment, but it did not look worthy of a technical. IMO Steve Javey is an idiot. First of all, There's no reason a referee should be as well known as half the players in the league. He loves his being in the spotlight and his reputation as a "no nonsense" referee; well his lack of common sense almost blew a playoff game by ejecting a player that no other official has ever had a problem with. Javey took it upon himself to start trouble with Pierce

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sat May 07 10:42 am

nods,

What is your prediction on Dallas v Houston and Indiana v Boston. Do you think TMac and Yao can win their third game in Dallas?

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Sat May 07 12:24 pm

Hobey,

I have no idea what to make of those matchups. I would bet Dallas will win their series on another big night from Jason Terry, and Indiana will win theirs on an unclutch shooting performance by Antoine Walker, if I had to guess. I like the Celtics' upside though. Al Jefferson, the kid they drafted out of high school, seems like he will be a real good player someday, and I've always really liked Piece.

What do you think about "Van Gundy Gate", as they've been calling it? It sounds like he's really in some trouble.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sat May 07 8:08 pm

The only way Van Gundy gets out of this thing is for him to name the name of the ref who told him the information. How about the Houston fans wanting to pay his fine?

I have a feeling that TMac and Yao pull it out. It is just a gut feeling, no logic to it.

NIce gut feeling as Dallas wins in a romp! :anger:

Kessel Guy
Rookie

Post by Kessel Guy » Sun May 08 9:20 am

Dallas v Phoenix. Nash gets to take on his old team. This should be an interesting match up.

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Sun May 08 10:53 am

That should be a great series. Expect Jason Terry to continue on his tear as god knows Steve Nash isn't going to guard him. First MVP ever that is a complete defensive liability?

Most looking forward to Spurs / Sonics.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun May 08 8:55 pm

Tight game, Sonics down 27 at half.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Mon May 09 11:04 pm

nods239 wrote: What do you think about "Van Gundy Gate", as they've been calling it? It sounds like he's really in some trouble.

Van Gundy is back peddaling so hard. what an idiot. if you are going to come out and say something like this, have the guts to stand up to it or just don't say anything. I didn't mean nba official (referee). I meant nba official (some one from the league office).

How about Lebetar asking the question if race played into the mvp voting? Why raise this issue?

Phoenix routs Dallas, 127 - 102. Stoudemier scores 40 and grabs 16 boards.

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Tue May 10 10:27 am

Can't wait to see the Suns exposed by the Spurs in round 3. Bet that Tim Duncan will defend Amare. I honestly don't think it's possible to win a championship without a point guard who can defend, and the Suns certainly don't have that. Tony Parker will kill them and their defense will be adequate to slow the Suns.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Tue May 10 2:19 pm

Duncan's ankle will be a factor. If he is not healthy, Stoudemire will be able to exploit him. If healthy, Duncan is close to the best, if not the best in the business.

nods239
Rookie

Post by nods239 » Wed May 11 1:49 am

No doubt, he's my favorite player in the league. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Wed May 11 10:14 am

Spurs and Heat win to go up two games to zero in their series.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 913 times
Been liked: 630 times

Post by Greyeagle » Fri May 13 1:26 pm

Apparently very few Twin Citians are watching.

From the Strib:
A year after the Timberwolves' run to the Western Conference finals helped boost NBA playoff ratings in this market, the numbers in Minneapolis-St. Paul experienced nearly as great a drop as the Wolves did this season.

Through four telecasts on ABC (Ch. 5), the Twin Cities ranks last among the 56 metered markets in the United States with a 1.1 rating. That "edges" out Providence, R.I., (1.2). Helped by a Wolves playoff game that had a 17.2 rating, ABC's playoff coverage finished with a 6.0 rating in this market last season. That was 15th among the metered markets.

TNT's local NBA postseason numbers are down 73 percent (2.6 to 0.7) and ESPN's are down 65 percent (1.7 to 0.6).

With the Wolves failing to make the playoffs, it should come as no surprise that their regular-season ratings dropped on both cable and over-the-air. FSN North's 35-game average dipped 27 percent (3.3 to 2.6); KSTC (Ch. 45), in its first season of carrying the team, had a 2.3 average for 35 games, down 44 percent from the 4.1 rating WFTC (Ch. 29) registered in 2003-04.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri May 13 2:00 pm

We finished just ahead of Providence RI. :evil_laugh: I think most people / fans jumped off the band wagon early with the Wolves. There has not been that many good match ups or games so far either. I wonder if National ratings are down because no KG, Kobe and LeBron.

Its Twins time now for this area.

Kessel Guy
Rookie

Post by Kessel Guy » Sun May 15 4:16 pm

Heat sweep. How good is Wade? THis kid is the real deal. No Shaq for two games and Mourning comes up huge.

Phoenix leads 2 - 1. Indiana is surprising Detroit, going up 2 - 1.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun May 15 6:12 pm

Detroit wins and evens the series vs the Pacers 2 - 2.

Seattle wins and evens the series vs the Spurs 2 - 2.

Dallas wins and evens the series vs the Suns 2 - 2.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri May 20 11:05 am

Spurs finish off Sonics 4 - 2. Await the winner of Suns and Mavs series.

Pistons beat Pacers 4 - 2. Reggie Miller retires after 18 seasons. Pistons and Heat set for Eastern Conf. Championship. Shaq is still injured.

Suns lead Mav 3 - 2.

Gophan
Rookie

John Weisbrod

Post by Gophan » Mon May 23 11:23 pm

This is about a hockey guy, turned NBA guy back to hockey guy
(Happy Hobey???)!

John Weisbrod resigned as the general manager of the Magic today, only 14 months after he was hired. He will now return to hockey and pursue opportunities in the sport he truly loves. (the greatest sport ever). Weisbrod, a former minor leaguer within the San Jose Sharks' system, acknowledged that his direct style works better with hockey players.

side note: the Magic are now lacking a head coach and a GM

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Mon May 23 11:27 pm

Thank you Gophan! :lol:

Pistons and Spurs gain home court advantage by winning the first game of each series on the road.

Kessel Guy
Rookie

Post by Kessel Guy » Thu Jun 02 11:46 pm

Spurs just worked the Suns to gain a spot in the Finals. Miami took a 3 - 2 lead on the Pistons. Wade sat most of the 4th quarter with a rib injury.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri Jun 03 2:30 pm

How much is Shaq loving this? Kobe who?

Nice touch by Shaq and the Heat to pay for Mikan's funeral!

Kessel Guy
Rookie

Post by Kessel Guy » Tue Jun 07 10:59 pm

nods239 wrote:The Nba is incredibly young, and there is a truly remarkable crop of talented, young players (who are stand up guys as well) that are going to send Nba popularity through the roof in the next 5-7 years as they hit thier primes. Guys like D'wayne Wade and Lebron play the game unselfishly, and they will be truly great players who will be fun to watch playing in their primes against savvy vets like KG and Tim Duncan. Every professional league has it's problems - it's the nature of professional sports. But the Nba is a great league that had the problem of hitting the youngest point in league history at the same time Michael Jordan retired. Alot of the players who were billed as his heirs were selfish guys who never should have received that label. Anyone who hasn't liked the league since Jordan retired or has not watched a game in a while should tune into some Heat games this postseason and watch Wade play. That's the future of pro basketball.

The finals are set with Spurs vs Pistons. This should be a very good series. I have to give props to nods239 and his analysis of Wade. He is the real deal. If he and Shaq are healthy, i think they beat the Pistons.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Tue Jun 14 1:00 pm

Jackson rehired by Lakers.

Spurs have hammered the Pistons in the first two games. I wonder if the Pistons can get off the canvas to win?

Kessel Guy
Rookie

Post by Kessel Guy » Fri Jun 17 12:18 pm

Pistons are back from the dead. This series hasn't lived up to the billing. All the games have turned into blow outs with the home team winning each game. The series is tied 2 - 2.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri Jun 17 3:24 pm

Twolves to annouce the hiring of their new coach today, Dewayne Casey. Casey was an assistant in Seattle.

Kessel Guy
Rookie

Post by Kessel Guy » Fri Jun 24 1:01 pm

Games 5,6 and 7 were solid. Two road victories and a classic game seven. Duncan and the Spurs win their 3rd title in 7 seasons.

Al Michaels is a terrible NBA announcer. Stick to football!

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri Jun 24 4:03 pm

Fred Hoiberg to have surgery on his heart! Probably lost for the 2005 - 2006 season.

cavedog
Golden
Golden

Post by cavedog » Fri Jun 24 5:33 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:Fred Hoiberg to have surgery on his heart! Probably lost for the 2005 - 2006 season.

We'll miss him alot. I hope it goes well for him.

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Chris83 » Fri Jun 24 10:05 pm

Best of luck to Fred. Sounds like a scary procedure.

I enjoyed the last three games of the NBA finals. Two solid, well coached teams who pretty concentrate on playing the game and not the peripheral showboating BS that permeated so much of athletics nowadays.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Mon Jun 27 4:49 pm

Twolves hire Rex Chapman as draft consultant. Might be possible GM replacement.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Tue Jun 28 5:02 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:Fred Hoiberg to have surgery on his heart! Probably lost for the 2005 - 2006 season.

Wolves release statement that surgery was a success for Fred! Scary operation. Hopefully Fred has smooth and uneventful recovery!

cavedog
Golden
Golden

Post by cavedog » Tue Jun 28 5:32 pm

Any insight on who the Wolves will\should take tonight at 14? It sounds like another Ebi "project" isn't in the cards this year according to McHale

Bert
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Bert » Tue Jun 28 5:52 pm

Who make worse draft picks. Denny or Kevin

cavedog
Golden
Golden

Post by cavedog » Tue Jun 28 6:02 pm

I'm leaning towards Kevin...

cavedog
Golden
Golden

Post by cavedog » Tue Jun 28 6:13 pm

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Mon Jul 11 11:06 am

McCants signs with Wolves today!

Goldy 79
Golden
Golden

Post by Goldy 79 » Mon Jul 11 11:18 am

cavedog wrote:This is somewhat entertaining:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ons/050628

I read this and I can't believe there wasn't a few more T-Wolves moments, like David Stern announcing Ndudi Ebi

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Wed Jul 20 10:56 pm

Brown out as Pistons cocah and Flip is supposedly in. Rumors are that Flip will sign a 4 year, $20 million dollar guaranteed contract.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Tue Jul 26 4:10 pm

NY Daily News is reporting that Larry Brown will named the Knicks coach on Thursday. 5 year $55 million dollar deal. How can a coach be worth that much? He will have the power! What will that do to Steph?

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Wed Aug 03 11:56 am

KFAN and Wolves extend broadcasting agreement for 1 yr for Wolves rights.

Who knows about the huge trade?

Kessel Guy
Rookie

Post by Kessel Guy » Sat Aug 06 12:38 am

Wolves should be branded for standing pat and doing nothing. Could poeple care less about this squad after last season.

Wolve vs Wild. Who sucks more this offseason?

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden

Post by Hobey Baker » Sat Aug 06 12:55 am

I am up late goofin' on GPL and I am listening to ESPN radio and they announce a rumor out of Detroit saying there are talks about KG going to Detroit. You can't be serious. Is this because Flip and our old point guard are there? Come on. Moss and now the possiblity of KG. No way!