Gopher Football 2021

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Post Reply
User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 9120
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 39 times

Gopher Football 2021

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Apr 15 6:18 pm

Spring Game announced for 5/1 and will allow 10k fans (with reservation). Good sign hopefully of things to come as things open. Hoping to be in person with more capacity in the fall!

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 9120
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Apr 15 6:32 pm

Completely shocked they sold out. Guessing scalpers or something else scooped them up. No where near close to 10k at any of the previous spring games and highly doubtful they will be used.

Plus big miss not giving any priority to season ticket holders

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8173
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by JWG » Thu Apr 15 9:00 pm

Why would scalpers scoop up a spring game?

We got two and look forward to it!
JWG :M:

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15827
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Apr 15 9:07 pm

When you give tickets out for free they are going to get scooped up by people that don't use them. They should have charged a dollar or something.
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 9120
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Apr 15 10:09 pm

JWG wrote:
Thu Apr 15 9:00 pm
Why would scalpers scoop up a spring game?

We got two and look forward to it!
If there’s a potential resale.mOst will find a way.

Most probably won’t get used

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Apr 16 6:27 am

It wasn’t scalpers if they limited the tickets to 2 per order.
:lol:

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 9120
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by gopherguy06 » Fri Apr 16 8:57 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Apr 16 6:27 am
It wasn’t scalpers if they limited the tickets to 2 per order.
:lol:
True. Still super odd that 10k were scooped up with maybe 1-2k in person the last "Regular" spring game. I am sure most of the tickets will go unused.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8173
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by JWG » Fri Apr 16 8:59 am

Yea, I mean, offer something free and you take it in case nothing better comes up - which better things will come up.
JWG :M:

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4368
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 190 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Bladepuller » Fri Apr 16 9:11 am

Spring FB is a blast as a player. You have spent all winter in a weight / speed program and now you get to put on pads and whack somebody. If a player is going to change positions spring practice is where it happens.
Best part of spring ball I thought was we really didn't have any structured conditioning. Back then at the end of fall practices we would run the FB equivalent of Herbies, and do pushups while the other side of the ball ran. Spring practices were ended with a jog into the lockerroom, shower, & out to the parking lot for a beer out of a cooler in a trunk.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17721
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 495 times
Been liked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Apr 16 11:14 am

Nothing like optimism in the spring.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7669
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 361 times
Been liked: 500 times
Age: 54

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by frozen4champs » Mon May 10 6:17 am

:popcorn:


User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17721
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 495 times
Been liked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Slap Shot » Mon May 10 10:46 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Mon May 10 6:17 am
:popcorn:

Great.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 236 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Kelly Red » Mon May 10 10:58 am

gopherguy06 wrote:
Fri Apr 16 8:57 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Apr 16 6:27 am
It wasn’t scalpers if they limited the tickets to 2 per order.
:lol:
True. Still super odd that 10k were scooped up with maybe 1-2k in person the last "Regular" spring game. I am sure most of the tickets will go unused.
I don’t find it odd at all. People are :censored: desperate to return to normal, have something to do with friends, have some fun.
Honestly I’m surprised the road to Hell is paved at all.
-blatant steal from Twitter

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8173
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by JWG » Mon May 10 8:04 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Mon May 10 6:17 am
:popcorn:

Pass.
JWG :M:

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3854
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 174 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Norm » Mon May 10 10:36 pm

Just watched the story. Did not make PJ look good. I really don't know what to think. You'd have to dig to similar schools to see if we're that much different.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Beauner » Mon May 10 10:39 pm

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Beauner » Mon May 10 11:02 pm

Every reaction I've seen on Twitter is that it was basically a hack job 🤷‍♂️
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5780
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 117 times
Age: 35

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Snowcool08 » Mon May 10 11:11 pm

Just watched it as well. That was strange. I’m guessing they knew it wasn’t the biggest of news since they buried it at the end of the actual news before weather and sports.

Spent a lot of time just to say football is a contact sport. Players get injured.

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 14491
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 32 times
Age: 33

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by trixR4kids » Tue May 11 12:30 am

Snowcool08 wrote:
Mon May 10 11:11 pm
Just watched it as well. That was strange. I’m guessing they knew it wasn’t the biggest of news since they buried it at the end of the actual news before weather and sports.

Spent a lot of time just to say football is a contact sport. Players get injured.
As much as I think the sport should do things to become safer, these problems aren’t unique to our program.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Posts: 20542
Joined: Sat Oct 02 8:53 pm
Location: Maple Grove
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 59 times
Age: 29

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by gopherguy13 » Tue May 11 10:32 am



That WCCO piece is literally the only time I've heard anything negative around the culture of PJ Fleck football programs
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8173
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by JWG » Tue May 11 10:52 am

Player reaction past and present suggests this is a non-story and biased reporting looking for eyeballs.
Carefully selected interviews with particular individuals that have an established opinion of a certain type.

This missed any counterpoint, failed to research or offer comparative data and information, and oh by the way, the athlete kept his scholarship and was continuously checked in on and and supported.

Certainly hope this wasn't supported by Mike Max.

Edit: Add link to original MN Daily article:
https://mndaily.com/201533/sports/spfbr ... odal-share
JWG :M:

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by JC65 » Tue May 11 1:26 pm

I did not see the WCCO story, but reading the MN Daily article referenced above I'm pleasantly surprised that the injured player was allowed to keep his scholarship, and the coaching staff and other players kept in almost constant contact with him.

I've heard horror stories of injured players being told they were losing their scholarship while still in the hospital, or being completely shunned by other players after an injury.

I have a lot of conflicted feelings about NCAA football, but from what little I've read about this specific subject it sounds like Fleck and the Gophers have handled it better than most.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7669
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 361 times
Been liked: 500 times
Age: 54

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by frozen4champs » Tue May 11 4:42 pm

When known Fleck hater Reusse says it was a nothing burger, then it was a nothing burger. Sweeps week eyeball seeking story.

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3854
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 174 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Norm » Tue May 11 10:12 pm

They're about to do a follow up on the story on Ch 4 News now.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17721
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 495 times
Been liked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Slap Shot » Wed May 12 1:17 am

Norm wrote:
Tue May 11 10:12 pm
They're about to do a follow up on the story on Ch 4 News now.
And...? :)
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Bertogliat » Wed May 12 8:41 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed May 12 1:17 am
Norm wrote:
Tue May 11 10:12 pm
They're about to do a follow up on the story on Ch 4 News now.
And...? :)
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/05/ ... -injuries/

A Regent is going to......start asking questions. :ahhh:

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2839
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 42
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Vegoe » Wed May 12 11:43 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed May 12 8:41 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Wed May 12 1:17 am
Norm wrote:
Tue May 11 10:12 pm
They're about to do a follow up on the story on Ch 4 News now.
And...? :)
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/05/ ... -injuries/

A Regent is going to......start asking questions. :ahhh:
Farnsworth is a newbie to the Regents.

https://twitter.com/jtfarnsworth?lang=en

His first meeting he quickly staked out a position that wanted to put more board oversight and questioning about the role of athletics at the UMN. We shall see how that goes as he integrates into the board. Also I'm sure he'll get a fun discussion with Regent Powell, Sviggum and McMillan about airing his viewpoints with the media in his new role this week.


User avatar
5 O.T.
Veteran
Posts: 4842
Joined: Fri Jul 29 4:31 pm
Location: In the "Ne" Section
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by 5 O.T. » Wed May 12 1:23 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Wed May 12 11:43 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Wed May 12 8:41 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Wed May 12 1:17 am
Norm wrote:
Tue May 11 10:12 pm
They're about to do a follow up on the story on Ch 4 News now.
And...? :)
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/05/ ... -injuries/

A Regent is going to......start asking questions. :ahhh:
Farnsworth is a newbie to the Regents.

https://twitter.com/jtfarnsworth?lang=en

His first meeting he quickly staked out a position that wanted to put more board oversight and questioning about the role of athletics at the UMN. We shall see how that goes as he integrates into the board. Also I'm sure he'll get a fun discussion with Regent Powell, Sviggum and McMillan about airing his viewpoints with the media in his new role this week.



"Farnsworth said some of the most pressing upcoming issues facing the Board of Regents include non-resident tuition hikes, renaming buildings on campus and working with the new president and provost." :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

https://mndaily.com/200620/news/ctfarms ... 9ad33690f/

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8173
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by JWG » Wed May 12 1:57 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Wed May 12 11:43 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Wed May 12 8:41 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Wed May 12 1:17 am
Norm wrote:
Tue May 11 10:12 pm
They're about to do a follow up on the story on Ch 4 News now.
And...? :)
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/05/ ... -injuries/

A Regent is going to......start asking questions. :ahhh:
Farnsworth is a newbie to the Regents.

https://twitter.com/jtfarnsworth?lang=en

His first meeting he quickly staked out a position that wanted to put more board oversight and questioning about the role of athletics at the UMN. We shall see how that goes as he integrates into the board. Also I'm sure he'll get a fun discussion with Regent Powell, Sviggum and McMillan about airing his viewpoints with the media in his new role this week.

Well, he doesn't appear to be completely anti-athletics and I have to hope he has the common sense to know that football funds the department and undercutting football will only lead to devastation across the non-revenue sports.

JWG :M:

User avatar
Zwak
Moderator
Posts: 11193
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 215 times
Age: 55

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Zwak » Wed May 12 2:02 pm

I by no means have my finger on the pulse of the Twin Cities sports scene but it doesn't seem like this story is getting any traction. If would not have heard about it here on GPL I honestly would not have known about it.

Personally I don't think there's anything different here than what you would find at any other university. Much ado about nothing in my opinion.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2839
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 42
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Vegoe » Wed May 12 3:14 pm

JWG wrote:
Wed May 12 1:57 pm
Well, he doesn't appear to be completely anti-athletics and I have to hope he has the common sense to know that football funds the department and undercutting football will only lead to devastation across the non-revenue sports.
I'm just nervous about Regents on the board who soapbox on stuff like the sports cuts and don't really have the best interests of the University of Minnesota in mind while doing this. AD Mark Coyle and President Joan Gabel didn’t take their roles and say, ‘Can we find a way to cut sports because we want to damage the welfare of student athletes and disproportionately impact athletes of color? They have been looking at their expenses, their revenues including ticket sales, media rights and fundraising trying to position themselves in the best position for the next decade.

When Fleck got his last extension, there were serious concerns brought by Regents Hsu and Rosha on whether they were overextending themselves already with commitments to expenses that revenues might not be able to keep pace with in athletics. They completely flipped their perspective on this issue saying that cutting these sports and athlete opportunities was something that required more discussion and they needed to find a way to support them.

Board oversight is important to provide transparency, but they also have to let people do their jobs quickly and trust their judgement. If you don’t trust their judgement, then find a different AD or President.

The UMN athletics budget has been strained for the past couple decades for many reasons and this was a difficult choice they made, but it wasn't without a lot of consideration and consternation. If it was feasible to endow these sports by fundraising dollars separate than the fundraising efforts to already in process capital campaigns, then indeed those sports would still be sponsored. The hard reality though is there just isn't enough financial support to fund all these programs and they had to make some hard choices. Many other institutions are making similar choices, there were only 14 DI men’s gymnastics teams going into this year.

They’re in a tough spot right now as they still owe $30M for TCF Bank Stadium, $85M for Athlete Village, $17M for the Track and Field Facility and will now owe $45M to balance their FY21 budget out of the pandemic.

TLDR – most board work is best done between meetings, not during them and through the media. There’s a lot of work to be done.

User avatar
Butters Stotch
Rookie
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Oct 20 8:20 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Butters Stotch » Fri May 14 2:17 pm

Defensive lineman Keonte Schad transferring to Oregon State.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 9120
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by gopherguy06 » Fri May 14 9:54 pm

Butters Stotch wrote:
Fri May 14 2:17 pm
Defensive lineman Keonte Schad transferring to Oregon State.
The DL room was getting pretty packed especially with two transfers and sounded like he wanted to play more downs than rotate. Was excited to see him but wish him luck!

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3854
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 174 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Norm » Wed May 19 10:26 pm

Ch 4 just did another story on Gopher Football injuries. Interviewed a guy from the National College Players Assn. He says there's red flags here that need to be investigated.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Bertogliat » Fri May 21 10:02 am

WTH? bot?

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 15318
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 540 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Jupiter » Fri May 21 10:07 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri May 21 10:02 am
WTH? bot?
Removed

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17721
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 495 times
Been liked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Jun 13 10:14 pm

Currently under construction.


User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Beauner » Mon Jun 21 3:48 pm

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8173
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by JWG » Mon Jun 21 10:40 pm

Big weekend for the Gophers!
JWG :M:

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17721
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 495 times
Been liked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jun 22 10:03 am

Currently under construction.

User avatar
maddie
Rookie
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Nov 07 8:49 am
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by maddie » Tue Jun 22 10:35 am

going to Boulder for UM/CU game September 16

User avatar
5 O.T.
Veteran
Posts: 4842
Joined: Fri Jul 29 4:31 pm
Location: In the "Ne" Section
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by 5 O.T. » Wed Jun 23 10:33 am

Very cool. :good2:


User avatar
maddie
Rookie
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Nov 07 8:49 am
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by maddie » Thu Jun 24 9:36 am

maddie wrote:
Tue Jun 22 10:35 am
going to Boulder for UM/CU game September 16
single game away tickets on sale this am....got the tickets for CU-Boulder.......so excited

User avatar
AHABulldog
Veteran
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Oct 16 12:24 am
Location: Hobeytown
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by AHABulldog » Thu Jun 24 11:48 am

maddie wrote:
Thu Jun 24 9:36 am
maddie wrote:
Tue Jun 22 10:35 am
going to Boulder for UM/CU game September 16
single game away tickets on sale this am....got the tickets for CU-Boulder.......so excited
That should be a great one... great spot to visit.

I picked up Gopher/Hawkeye tickets with a few friends through the U... will be my first time going to a Gopher road game!

Been doing a college football tour with a few other friends the past few years. Been to Notre Dame and Tennessee the past few years, but taking a step up in weight class this year and heading to the Florida @ LSU game in October. Hoping for a night game in Death Valley! Probably the Grove and Ole Miss next year!

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 9120
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Jun 24 12:19 pm

maddie wrote:
Thu Jun 24 9:36 am
maddie wrote:
Tue Jun 22 10:35 am
going to Boulder for UM/CU game September 16
single game away tickets on sale this am....got the tickets for CU-Boulder.......so excited
Through the U of M or CU Boulder?

User avatar
maddie
Rookie
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Nov 07 8:49 am
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by maddie » Fri Jun 25 5:21 am

gopherguy06 wrote:
Thu Jun 24 12:19 pm
maddie wrote:
Thu Jun 24 9:36 am
maddie wrote:
Tue Jun 22 10:35 am
going to Boulder for UM/CU game September 16
single game away tickets on sale this am....got the tickets for CU-Boulder.......so excited
Through the U of M or CU Boulder?
U of M

I think CU is selling single game tickets July 7th

User avatar
maddie
Rookie
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Nov 07 8:49 am
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by maddie » Fri Jun 25 5:23 am

AHABulldog wrote:
Thu Jun 24 11:48 am
maddie wrote:
Thu Jun 24 9:36 am
maddie wrote:
Tue Jun 22 10:35 am
going to Boulder for UM/CU game September 16
single game away tickets on sale this am....got the tickets for CU-Boulder.......so excited
That should be a great one... great spot to visit.

I picked up Gopher/Hawkeye tickets with a few friends through the U... will be my first time going to a Gopher road game!

Been doing a college football tour with a few other friends the past few years. Been to Notre Dame and Tennessee the past few years, but taking a step up in weight class this year and heading to the Florida @ LSU game in October. Hoping for a night game in Death Valley! Probably the Grove and Ole Miss next year!
Seeing a game at LSU and Ole Miss are on the to-do list for me......

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17721
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 495 times
Been liked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Jun 25 12:18 pm

I've been to non-Gopher games at LSU, Arkansas (Fayetteville and Little Rock), South Bend and Champaign. Not a huge array but those SEC games were ridiculous.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 9120
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by gopherguy06 » Mon Jun 28 3:33 pm

Kind of forgot about this. Was hoping they would change the colors up, but can’t tell from the articles.


User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5780
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 117 times
Age: 35

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Snowcool08 » Mon Jun 28 4:37 pm

I heard from someone who works at TCF corporate. Huntington pushed the naming rights through as quickly as possible because they are based out of Columbus and the first football game of the year is Ohio St at Minnesota on National TV.

User avatar
Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13865
Joined: Mon Feb 14 11:33 am
Been liked: 3 times
Age: 54

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Hobey Baker » Wed Jun 30 6:11 pm

Punt at the Hunt???😄

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 50 times
Age: 36

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Laxref » Fri Jul 02 10:14 am

Is this essentially season tickets for 200$??

https://gophersports.com/news/2021/7/1/ ... eason.aspx

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2839
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 125 times
Age: 42
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Vegoe » Fri Jul 02 10:50 am

Laxref wrote:
Fri Jul 02 10:14 am
Is this essentially season tickets for 200$??

https://gophersports.com/news/2021/7/1/ ... eason.aspx
Yes, but it makes you last ones into the stadium basically. So if you are wanting to see OSU and the game is sold out, then you get to sit all the way up top.

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 50 times
Age: 36

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Laxref » Mon Jul 05 10:23 am

Looking at some stuff written about Ohio State, sounds like they lost a lot and yes I know they are just behind Bama and Clemson in getting the top talent, but is it that crazy to think our veteran squad could give their uber-talented youngsters a good battle in the opener, keep in mind the bank should be rocking and first game in front of that atmosphere in two years could make things wacky as well.

User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3355
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 516 times
Been liked: 173 times
Age: 72

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by D2D » Mon Jul 05 11:21 pm

Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 05 10:23 am
Looking at some stuff written about Ohio State, sounds like they lost a lot and yes I know they are just behind Bama and Clemson in getting the top talent, but is it that crazy to think our veteran squad could give their uber-talented youngsters a good battle in the opener, keep in mind the bank should be rocking and first game in front of that atmosphere in two years could make things wacky as well.
Can our "veteran squad" pull the upset over their "uber-talented youngsters"? The odds of that happening have to be better in the first game of the season, at home.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5780
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 117 times
Age: 35

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Snowcool08 » Mon Jul 05 11:30 pm

D2D wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:21 pm
Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 05 10:23 am
Looking at some stuff written about Ohio State, sounds like they lost a lot and yes I know they are just behind Bama and Clemson in getting the top talent, but is it that crazy to think our veteran squad could give their uber-talented youngsters a good battle in the opener, keep in mind the bank should be rocking and first game in front of that atmosphere in two years could make things wacky as well.
Can our "veteran squad" pull the upset over their "uber-talented youngsters"? The odds of that happening have to be better in the first game of the season, at home.
Perhaps. Three out of four years under Fleck have had some weak openers. 2017 was a 17-7 win over Buffalo, 2019 a 28-21 win vs South Dakota St and 2020 was a whooping at the hands of Michigan. Two of those were wins, but you would expect a Big Ten team to beat a middling MAC team and a FCS team by a bit more.

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 50 times
Age: 36

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Laxref » Mon Jul 05 11:35 pm

Just checked, we are 14 point dogs.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Jul 06 6:30 am

Snowcool08 wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:30 pm
D2D wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:21 pm
Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 05 10:23 am
Looking at some stuff written about Ohio State, sounds like they lost a lot and yes I know they are just behind Bama and Clemson in getting the top talent, but is it that crazy to think our veteran squad could give their uber-talented youngsters a good battle in the opener, keep in mind the bank should be rocking and first game in front of that atmosphere in two years could make things wacky as well.
Can our "veteran squad" pull the upset over their "uber-talented youngsters"? The odds of that happening have to be better in the first game of the season, at home.
Perhaps. Three out of four years under Fleck have had some weak openers. 2017 was a 17-7 win over Buffalo, 2019 a 28-21 win vs South Dakota St and 2020 was a whooping at the hands of Michigan. Two of those were wins, but you would expect a Big Ten team to beat a middling MAC team and a FCS team by a bit more.
Yes, Fleck’s teams start slow.

If it wasn’t for Winfield’s timely interceptions people would say they’ve have bad starts.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Beauner » Tue Jul 06 8:48 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 6:30 am
Snowcool08 wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:30 pm
D2D wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:21 pm
Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 05 10:23 am
Looking at some stuff written about Ohio State, sounds like they lost a lot and yes I know they are just behind Bama and Clemson in getting the top talent, but is it that crazy to think our veteran squad could give their uber-talented youngsters a good battle in the opener, keep in mind the bank should be rocking and first game in front of that atmosphere in two years could make things wacky as well.
Can our "veteran squad" pull the upset over their "uber-talented youngsters"? The odds of that happening have to be better in the first game of the season, at home.
Perhaps. Three out of four years under Fleck have had some weak openers. 2017 was a 17-7 win over Buffalo, 2019 a 28-21 win vs South Dakota St and 2020 was a whooping at the hands of Michigan. Two of those were wins, but you would expect a Big Ten team to beat a middling MAC team and a FCS team by a bit more.
Yes, Fleck’s teams start slow.

If it wasn’t for Winfield’s timely interceptions people would say they’ve have bad starts.
FWIW, playcalling in those Buffalo and SDSU games was insanely conservative. They threw 18 passes against SDSU despite it being a tight game throughout.
I'm not gonna count 2017 against Fleck considering his QBs were Conor Rhoda and Demry Croft. They ran the ball like 50 times that game.

If there was a time for the Gophers to upset tOSU, this would be it.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Jul 06 9:00 am

Beauner wrote:
Tue Jul 06 8:48 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 6:30 am
Snowcool08 wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:30 pm
D2D wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:21 pm
Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 05 10:23 am
Looking at some stuff written about Ohio State, sounds like they lost a lot and yes I know they are just behind Bama and Clemson in getting the top talent, but is it that crazy to think our veteran squad could give their uber-talented youngsters a good battle in the opener, keep in mind the bank should be rocking and first game in front of that atmosphere in two years could make things wacky as well.
Can our "veteran squad" pull the upset over their "uber-talented youngsters"? The odds of that happening have to be better in the first game of the season, at home.
Perhaps. Three out of four years under Fleck have had some weak openers. 2017 was a 17-7 win over Buffalo, 2019 a 28-21 win vs South Dakota St and 2020 was a whooping at the hands of Michigan. Two of those were wins, but you would expect a Big Ten team to beat a middling MAC team and a FCS team by a bit more.
Yes, Fleck’s teams start slow.

If it wasn’t for Winfield’s timely interceptions people would say they’ve have bad starts.
FWIW, playcalling in those Buffalo and SDSU games was insanely conservative. They threw 18 passes against SDSU despite it being a tight game throughout.
I'm not gonna count 2017 against Fleck considering his QBs were Conor Rhoda and Demry Croft. They ran the ball like 50 times that game.

If there was a time for the Gophers to upset tOSU, this would be it.
I can't tell if this is an a stab at an excuse or if you expect things to be different this year or what you're trying to say here.

There is probably a reason they were conservative. Unless it was just bad coaching.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17721
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 495 times
Been liked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jul 06 9:22 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 9:00 am
Beauner wrote:
Tue Jul 06 8:48 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 6:30 am
Snowcool08 wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:30 pm
D2D wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:21 pm
Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 05 10:23 am
Looking at some stuff written about Ohio State, sounds like they lost a lot and yes I know they are just behind Bama and Clemson in getting the top talent, but is it that crazy to think our veteran squad could give their uber-talented youngsters a good battle in the opener, keep in mind the bank should be rocking and first game in front of that atmosphere in two years could make things wacky as well.
Can our "veteran squad" pull the upset over their "uber-talented youngsters"? The odds of that happening have to be better in the first game of the season, at home.
Perhaps. Three out of four years under Fleck have had some weak openers. 2017 was a 17-7 win over Buffalo, 2019 a 28-21 win vs South Dakota St and 2020 was a whooping at the hands of Michigan. Two of those were wins, but you would expect a Big Ten team to beat a middling MAC team and a FCS team by a bit more.
Yes, Fleck’s teams start slow.

If it wasn’t for Winfield’s timely interceptions people would say they’ve have bad starts.
FWIW, playcalling in those Buffalo and SDSU games was insanely conservative. They threw 18 passes against SDSU despite it being a tight game throughout.
I'm not gonna count 2017 against Fleck considering his QBs were Conor Rhoda and Demry Croft. They ran the ball like 50 times that game.

If there was a time for the Gophers to upset tOSU, this would be it.
I can't tell if this is an a stab at an excuse or if you expect things to be different this year or what you're trying to say here.

There is probably a reason they were conservative. Unless it was just bad coaching.
Is it an excuse or context? And he basically said what the reason was - Conor Rhoda and Demry Croft. :mrgreen:

It was also their very first game at Minnesota and they don't have the same OC as they did then.

That said I think -14 is probably fair and do not expect a Gophers win.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Beauner » Tue Jul 06 9:51 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 9:00 am
Beauner wrote:
Tue Jul 06 8:48 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 6:30 am
Snowcool08 wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:30 pm
D2D wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:21 pm
Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 05 10:23 am
Looking at some stuff written about Ohio State, sounds like they lost a lot and yes I know they are just behind Bama and Clemson in getting the top talent, but is it that crazy to think our veteran squad could give their uber-talented youngsters a good battle in the opener, keep in mind the bank should be rocking and first game in front of that atmosphere in two years could make things wacky as well.
Can our "veteran squad" pull the upset over their "uber-talented youngsters"? The odds of that happening have to be better in the first game of the season, at home.
Perhaps. Three out of four years under Fleck have had some weak openers. 2017 was a 17-7 win over Buffalo, 2019 a 28-21 win vs South Dakota St and 2020 was a whooping at the hands of Michigan. Two of those were wins, but you would expect a Big Ten team to beat a middling MAC team and a FCS team by a bit more.
Yes, Fleck’s teams start slow.

If it wasn’t for Winfield’s timely interceptions people would say they’ve have bad starts.
FWIW, playcalling in those Buffalo and SDSU games was insanely conservative. They threw 18 passes against SDSU despite it being a tight game throughout.
I'm not gonna count 2017 against Fleck considering his QBs were Conor Rhoda and Demry Croft. They ran the ball like 50 times that game.

If there was a time for the Gophers to upset tOSU, this would be it.
I can't tell if this is an a stab at an excuse or if you expect things to be different this year or what you're trying to say here.

There is probably a reason they were conservative. Unless it was just bad coaching.
I'd expect things to be different this year. Tanner Morgan had limited playing time in 2018 and Annexstad got hurt in training camp in 2019 too so they were likely feeling out what they could do with Morgan.
Obviously it worked pretty well because Morgan went on to have an incredible season in 2019.

They were a pretty young team in 2019 (a ton of freshman and sophomore players). They won't be as young this year. They're returning basically their entire OL, Ibrahim, Morgan, CAB, Spann-Ford, Daniel Jackson got some run last year, etc. Obviously losing Bateman is going to impact them but they had a few games without him last year so they hopefully are prepared for that.

That said, I expect OSU to win.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Jul 06 10:15 am

Beauner wrote:
Tue Jul 06 9:51 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 9:00 am
Beauner wrote:
Tue Jul 06 8:48 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 6:30 am
Snowcool08 wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:30 pm
D2D wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:21 pm
Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 05 10:23 am
Looking at some stuff written about Ohio State, sounds like they lost a lot and yes I know they are just behind Bama and Clemson in getting the top talent, but is it that crazy to think our veteran squad could give their uber-talented youngsters a good battle in the opener, keep in mind the bank should be rocking and first game in front of that atmosphere in two years could make things wacky as well.
Can our "veteran squad" pull the upset over their "uber-talented youngsters"? The odds of that happening have to be better in the first game of the season, at home.
Perhaps. Three out of four years under Fleck have had some weak openers. 2017 was a 17-7 win over Buffalo, 2019 a 28-21 win vs South Dakota St and 2020 was a whooping at the hands of Michigan. Two of those were wins, but you would expect a Big Ten team to beat a middling MAC team and a FCS team by a bit more.
Yes, Fleck’s teams start slow.

If it wasn’t for Winfield’s timely interceptions people would say they’ve have bad starts.
FWIW, playcalling in those Buffalo and SDSU games was insanely conservative. They threw 18 passes against SDSU despite it being a tight game throughout.
I'm not gonna count 2017 against Fleck considering his QBs were Conor Rhoda and Demry Croft. They ran the ball like 50 times that game.

If there was a time for the Gophers to upset tOSU, this would be it.
I can't tell if this is an a stab at an excuse or if you expect things to be different this year or what you're trying to say here.

There is probably a reason they were conservative. Unless it was just bad coaching.
I'd expect things to be different this year. Tanner Morgan had limited playing time in 2018 and Annexstad got hurt in training camp in 2019 too so they were likely feeling out what they could do with Morgan.
Obviously it worked pretty well because Morgan went on to have an incredible season in 2019.

They were a pretty young team in 2019 (a ton of freshman and sophomore players). They won't be as young this year. They're returning basically their entire OL, Ibrahim, Morgan, CAB, Spann-Ford, Daniel Jackson got some run last year, etc. Obviously losing Bateman is going to impact them but they had a few games without him last year so they hopefully are prepared for that.

That said, I expect OSU to win.
I am excited to see the OL this year after having missing parts during COVID. I didn't think Morgan looked as good last year as he did in 2019, but that may be in part due to missing Faalele. They have lost several good receivers after the last 2 years. Lets hope Morgan gets his timing down with Autman-Bell and Span-Ford quickly.

BTW, we have some very large humans on the OL now. Several freshman/RS freshman are coming in at 6'5" - 6'7" and 335+ lbs.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Jul 06 10:39 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Jul 06 9:22 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 9:00 am
Beauner wrote:
Tue Jul 06 8:48 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 6:30 am
Snowcool08 wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:30 pm
D2D wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:21 pm
Laxref wrote:
Mon Jul 05 10:23 am
Looking at some stuff written about Ohio State, sounds like they lost a lot and yes I know they are just behind Bama and Clemson in getting the top talent, but is it that crazy to think our veteran squad could give their uber-talented youngsters a good battle in the opener, keep in mind the bank should be rocking and first game in front of that atmosphere in two years could make things wacky as well.
Can our "veteran squad" pull the upset over their "uber-talented youngsters"? The odds of that happening have to be better in the first game of the season, at home.
Perhaps. Three out of four years under Fleck have had some weak openers. 2017 was a 17-7 win over Buffalo, 2019 a 28-21 win vs South Dakota St and 2020 was a whooping at the hands of Michigan. Two of those were wins, but you would expect a Big Ten team to beat a middling MAC team and a FCS team by a bit more.
Yes, Fleck’s teams start slow.

If it wasn’t for Winfield’s timely interceptions people would say they’ve have bad starts.
FWIW, playcalling in those Buffalo and SDSU games was insanely conservative. They threw 18 passes against SDSU despite it being a tight game throughout.
I'm not gonna count 2017 against Fleck considering his QBs were Conor Rhoda and Demry Croft. They ran the ball like 50 times that game.

If there was a time for the Gophers to upset tOSU, this would be it.
I can't tell if this is an a stab at an excuse or if you expect things to be different this year or what you're trying to say here.

There is probably a reason they were conservative. Unless it was just bad coaching.
Is it an excuse or context? And he basically said what the reason was - Conor Rhoda and Demry Croft. :mrgreen:

It was also their very first game at Minnesota and they don't have the same OC as they did then.

That said I think -14 is probably fair and do not expect a Gophers win.
That 2019 SDSU game was not Rhoda/Croft. Tanner was in. What I didn't like about that year was the D allowing 35 against Fresno State and 32 against GA Southern. The Gophers would use another Winfield. Hoping Steven Ortiz is the guy.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Beauner » Tue Jul 06 11:52 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 10:15 am
Beauner wrote:
Tue Jul 06 9:51 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 9:00 am
Beauner wrote:
Tue Jul 06 8:48 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jul 06 6:30 am
Snowcool08 wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:30 pm
D2D wrote:
Mon Jul 05 11:21 pm

Can our "veteran squad" pull the upset over their "uber-talented youngsters"? The odds of that happening have to be better in the first game of the season, at home.
Perhaps. Three out of four years under Fleck have had some weak openers. 2017 was a 17-7 win over Buffalo, 2019 a 28-21 win vs South Dakota St and 2020 was a whooping at the hands of Michigan. Two of those were wins, but you would expect a Big Ten team to beat a middling MAC team and a FCS team by a bit more.
Yes, Fleck’s teams start slow.

If it wasn’t for Winfield’s timely interceptions people would say they’ve have bad starts.
FWIW, playcalling in those Buffalo and SDSU games was insanely conservative. They threw 18 passes against SDSU despite it being a tight game throughout.
I'm not gonna count 2017 against Fleck considering his QBs were Conor Rhoda and Demry Croft. They ran the ball like 50 times that game.

If there was a time for the Gophers to upset tOSU, this would be it.
I can't tell if this is an a stab at an excuse or if you expect things to be different this year or what you're trying to say here.

There is probably a reason they were conservative. Unless it was just bad coaching.
I'd expect things to be different this year. Tanner Morgan had limited playing time in 2018 and Annexstad got hurt in training camp in 2019 too so they were likely feeling out what they could do with Morgan.
Obviously it worked pretty well because Morgan went on to have an incredible season in 2019.

They were a pretty young team in 2019 (a ton of freshman and sophomore players). They won't be as young this year. They're returning basically their entire OL, Ibrahim, Morgan, CAB, Spann-Ford, Daniel Jackson got some run last year, etc. Obviously losing Bateman is going to impact them but they had a few games without him last year so they hopefully are prepared for that.

That said, I expect OSU to win.
I am excited to see the OL this year after having missing parts during COVID. I didn't think Morgan looked as good last year as he did in 2019, but that may be in part due to missing Faalele. They have lost several good receivers after the last 2 years. Lets hope Morgan gets his timing down with Autman-Bell and Span-Ford quickly.

BTW, we have some very large humans on the OL now. Several freshman/RS freshman are coming in at 6'5" - 6'7" and 335+ lbs.
Agreed. The OL should be very good this year with Faalele and Dunlap returning.
Hoping Daniel Jackson and CAB can make some big plays. Jackson is super talented and had a couple solid games in the last two games (7 catches for 110 yards against Nebraska and Wisconsin).
They'll definitely need some WRs to step up. The rest of the offense seems to be very solid. We did add Dylan Wright, the WR transfer from Texas A&M. He's a big body kid who could be a redzone target.

Morgan, Ibrahim-Wiley-Potts-Thomas at RB, offensive line returning everyone, tight ends return Spann-Ford and Ko Kieft.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 50 times
Age: 36

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Laxref » Tue Jul 06 12:21 pm

Defense HAS to be better, they sure took their lumps with youth and the virus last season, need a big improvement on that side of the ball.

User avatar
5 O.T.
Veteran
Posts: 4842
Joined: Fri Jul 29 4:31 pm
Location: In the "Ne" Section
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by 5 O.T. » Fri Jul 09 6:39 pm

What might have been....

https://www.startribune.com/gophers-owa ... 600076215/

Tough way to end a football career, but his future still appears bright.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Jul 09 11:13 pm

I won’t pay for Strib.

User avatar
midevil bowievil
Veteran
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Feb 17 6:32 pm
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by midevil bowievil » Thu Jul 15 12:14 pm

Image
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 11.20.39 AM.jpg

User avatar
Border Gopher
Veteran
Posts: 2041
Joined: Tue Nov 28 5:48 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 38 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Border Gopher » Thu Jul 15 12:38 pm

midevil bowievil wrote:
Thu Jul 15 12:14 pm
Image
I hope you get to see a great upset for that amount of cheese! :dup:
"A real man makes his own [puck] luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

User avatar
midevil bowievil
Veteran
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Feb 17 6:32 pm
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by midevil bowievil » Thu Jul 15 2:28 pm

I was looking for tickets but not the $320 seats. I was kinda just trying to point out the insanity. :D

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Beauner » Thu Jul 22 11:45 am

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3854
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 174 times

Re: Gopher Football 2021

Post by Norm » Thu Jul 22 1:13 pm

Beauner wrote:
Thu Jul 22 11:45 am
Huh? I was told by Ch 4 that Fleck doesn't care about the players.

Post Reply