Vikings 2021/22 season

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 351 times

Re: Vikings 2021/22 season

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 12 3:39 pm

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 12 3:40 pm

On fourth and an inch, Cincy runs a play action for a 30 yard gain to get into FG range and set up the GW FG.

team22tank
Veteran
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by team22tank » Sun Sep 12 3:44 pm

So you let the play, play out with the idea to get it right after. And then the standard is you need undisputed evidence of the call on the field that you let play out?

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 590 times

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Sep 12 3:45 pm

Good teams don't let bad teams stay close. If the Vikings want to be a contender, these are games you must win...

gator
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by gator » Sun Sep 12 3:50 pm

It’s the first game of the season with this so called new replay crew. If it’s consistent through out the season, I’ll be fine with it. Though my $$$ is on it won’t take long before the replay crew starts playing pick and choice depending on the logo on the helmet or nameplate on the back of the jersey.
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Sun Sep 12 3:54 pm

hot seat zimmer

gator
Golden
Golden

Post by gator » Sun Sep 12 3:55 pm

team22tank wrote:
Sun Sep 12 3:44 pm
So you let the play, play out with the idea to get it right after. And then the standard is you need undisputed evidence of the call on the field that you let play out?
I’ve been saying that for years… let the play, play out. And that’s what’s frustrating. The stripes never called it a fumble on the field. Just gave Cincy position cause a player came out with the ball. If that’s the case, I would tell my players every time to dig, tug and strip in the pile. If you come out with the ball, it should be our ball… LoL!!!
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Chris83 » Sun Sep 12 3:56 pm

Totally admit it's snarky and trite, but you don't turn the ball over in OT at your opponent's 38 yard line; you just don't. Yeah, looked like a possible blown call, but there and then you hold onto the ball like grim death.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Sun Sep 12 3:57 pm

Vikings 12 penalties for 116 yards
Bengals 3 penalties for 15 yards

When you commit over a 100 more yards in penalties against a team that is typically one of the most undiscipline/mistaken prone teams that is HUGE!!!!

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Sep 12 3:58 pm

gator wrote:
Sun Sep 12 3:50 pm
It’s the first game of the season with this so called new replay crew. If it’s consistent through out the season, I’ll be fine with it. Though my $$$ is on it won’t take long before the replay crew starts playing pick and choice depending on the logo on the helmet or nameplate on the back of the jersey.
Really? I would love a list of those teams so I can go to Vegas and put some money down. I would also think that the league would prefer the Vikings over the Bengals in that scenario.

Refs are human and make bad calls in every sport against every team using replay or not.

gator
Golden
Golden

Post by gator » Sun Sep 12 4:01 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Sun Sep 12 3:58 pm
Refs are human and make bad calls in every sport against every team using replay or not.
:lol:

Stripes see what they want to see and miss what they want.
- Pat Sajak

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Sun Sep 12 4:18 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sun Sep 12 1:55 pm
Remember when we thought the defense was gonna be better this year....
Pepperidge Farm remembers

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 149 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Sep 12 4:30 pm

CollegeHockeyAddict wrote:
Sun Sep 12 3:57 pm
Vikings 12 penalties for 116 yards
Bengals 3 penalties for 15 yards

When you commit over a 100 more yards in penalties against a team that is typically one of the most undiscipline/mistaken prone teams that is HUGE!!!!
A team simply can’t commit that many penalties (especially on the road) and then expect to win the game. And when arguably your best player fails to protect the football while on the edge of FG range in OT… you deserve to LOSE!

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by streakygopher » Sun Sep 12 4:34 pm

Haha the Cincy coach should have been fired going for it on 4th and a long one from their own 30 yard line while up by two TDs. That play got the queens back in it, but of course they returned the favor when Cook blew the game by not taking care of the ball. It's not like that was even a hard hit.

I will say he appears to take it well when he blows games so he has that going for him.

7-10 :)

CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Sun Sep 12 5:57 pm

The Packers down 38-3 with 11 minutes to play bench Rodgers. The Jordan Love era has begun. ;) My favorite team lost today (the Vikings) but my second favorite team (who ever is playing the Packers) is about to win. :biggrin2:

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 392 times
Been liked: 394 times

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 12 5:58 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Sun Sep 12 4:34 pm
Haha the Cincy coach should have been fired going for it on 4th and a long one from their own 30 yard line while up by two TDs. That play got the queens back in it, but of course they returned the favor when Cook blew the game by not taking care of the ball. It's not like that was even a hard hit.

I will say he appears to take it well when he blows games so he has that going for him.

7-10 :)
Statistically, that is the correct call. That being said, the group that I was with all agreed that would be a CRITICAL play, if MN came back, which they did. CIN would have burned down had they lost the game.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Sep 12 6:30 pm

Mike Hughes with game saving interception for KC today with less than 2 minutes to go. Cherry on the top…with regard to Vikings organization futility today. :oops:

CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Sun Sep 12 6:33 pm

Mike Hughes picks off Baker Mayfield with just over a minute left in the game with the Browns at midfield driving for the winning TD against the Chiefs. A former Viking makes a game winning play hopefully a current Viking does that next Sunday.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Sep 12 6:43 pm

Sun Sep 12 6:33 pm
Mike Hughes picks off Baker Mayfield with just over a minute left in the game with the Browns at midfield driving for the winning TD against the Chiefs. A former Viking makes a game winning play hopefully a current Viking does that next Sunday.
Fortunately…a VERY Rough day in Jacksonville today for green & canary yellow…🧨😂

CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Sun Sep 12 6:44 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Sep 12 6:30 pm
Mike Hughes with game saving interception for KC today with less than 2 minutes to go. Cherry on the top…with regard to Vikings organization futility today. :oops:
Mac Jones had a good error free game (in his first NFL start) and was in position to win but fellow Bama player Damien Harris fumbled.

The Vikings traded down from the 14th pick so they could take a 1st round O-lineman and a 3rd round QB. The QB was deactive since he hasn't beaten out the QB talent that is Sean Mannion and the 1st round lineman is hurt.

The Patriots picked their QB for the next 15 years with pick 15.

I wonder if moves like this are why New England has won a few more Super Bowls than the Vikings? :conf2: :wink:
Last edited by CollegeHockeyAddict on Sun Sep 12 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Sun Sep 12 6:44 pm

wishful thinking

CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Sun Sep 12 6:49 pm

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Sun Sep 12 6:44 pm
wishful thinking
As a life long Vikings fan wishful thinking is what I/we have. We are the football version of Red Sox/Cubs fans who both now have recent championships so you say there is a chance. :good2:

gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by gopherfun83 » Sun Sep 12 7:18 pm

The Vikings are cursed, they need to hire a good curse remover.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Sep 12 7:34 pm

sunbone
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 79 times

Post by sunbone » Sun Sep 12 7:40 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Sep 12 7:18 pm
I’d hire a better GM and coach first.

00xtremeninja
Veteran
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sun Sep 12 8:32 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Sun Sep 12 7:18 pm
Jed Hoyer only works for baseball teams
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 12 9:46 pm

Fully digesting the game today, the O Line is HORRID. Granted, over a couple games, they could pull together. With all the false starts, you would think they re-signed Todd Stuessie.

The call at the 1 yd line...that was a tough one. Just took one more play, no biggie, IMO.

The OT fumble, that was a fumble. They showed one angle only once, and it showed the ball was coming loose at the butt hit the ground. They only showed other angles after that, and that was frustrating.

The team is not on the same page, overall. They show signs of coming together, and the preseason drama is most definitely the cause of the inconsistency...if they can figure that out, they won't be as bad as many might think. Am I predicting a playoff run? No, not at this time. But the 2- 3- win predictors? C'mon.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 12 10:01 pm

Dan Barreiro
@DanBarreiroKFAN
·
1m
If the season were to end tonight, Vikings would hold tiebreaker for NFC North crown…

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 12 10:17 pm

CLASSIC! Sorta NSFW, the bleep button isn't exactly executed correctly, and there are some other words.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 12 10:18 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sun Sep 12 9:46 pm
Fully digesting the game today, the O Line is HORRID. Granted, over a couple games, they could pull together. With all the false starts, you would think they re-signed Todd Stuessie.

The call at the 1 yd line...that was a tough one. Just took one more play, no biggie, IMO.

The OT fumble, that was a fumble. They showed one angle only once, and it showed the ball was coming loose at the butt hit the ground. They only showed other angles after that, and that was frustrating.

The team is not on the same page, overall. They show signs of coming together, and the preseason drama is most definitely the cause of the inconsistency...if they can figure that out, they won't be as bad as many might think. Am I predicting a playoff run? No, not at this time. But the 2- 3- win predictors? C'mon.
This is the only post I've seen on social medias that said it was a fumble from Dalvin from any non-Bengals fans.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 12 10:24 pm

I know, I know. I got it from everyone I was hanging with today. The ONE angle, that was from the other end of the field was only shown ONCE. That was the key angle. Every other angle was BS, there was no way the refs were going to overturn it, nor did any other angle show conclusive evidence to change the call. If they showed that FIRST angle, I think some opinions might have been changed. The ball wasn't OUT, but it wasn't properly secured, or however the wording in the rules is.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 12 10:42 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sun Sep 12 10:24 pm
I know, I know. I got it from everyone I was hanging with today. The ONE angle, that was from the other end of the field was only shown ONCE. That was the key angle. Every other angle was BS, there was no way the refs were going to overturn it, nor did any other angle show conclusive evidence to change the call. If they showed that FIRST angle, I think some opinions might have been changed. The ball wasn't OUT, but it wasn't properly secured, or however the wording in the rules is.
The problem is they didn't see the fumble/not fumble happen live either. They saw the Bengals all get up and start screaming about it being a fumble and it got ruled a fumble because of that.

If that's the precedent they're going to set for this replay system then every defensive player every time there's a tackle in traffic should rip the ball out and let the refs call it a fumble and not be able to overturn it.

Apparently there was a similar play in the New England game.

They also reviewed and confirmed a "fumble" that Justin Herbert threw 20 yards forward that almost cost the Chargers the game.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 12 10:46 pm

You play to the whistle. Period. That actually solves a lot of it, given the replay system.

Either way, this is all nit-picking. MN really didn't play well enough to win this game. The only chance they had was given to them by the Bengals going for it on 4th down in their own territory, and the Vikings D actually showed up, and even that was close.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Sep 12 11:40 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sun Sep 12 10:42 pm
The Rube wrote:
The problem is they didn't see the fumble/not fumble happen live either. They saw the Bengals all get up and start screaming about it being a fumble and it got ruled a fumble because of that.

If that's the precedent they're going to set for this replay system then every defensive player every time there's a tackle in traffic should rip the ball out and let the refs call it a fumble and not be able to overturn it.

They also reviewed and confirmed a "fumble" that Justin Herbert threw 20 yards forward that almost cost the Chargers the game.
The part where the sideline ref was marking Dalvin down, then watched the Bengals scramble for a few seconds, moves back a couple of yards, you can see him think "well they must have the ball," and gives them the turnover was frustrating. I don't think either ref threw the beanie marking that a fumble took place. The way it is officiated now, they let the turnover happen and review can over turn it if necessary. It's tough to get a close call overturned because they always fall back on the inconclusive evidence.

The ball was moving as Dalvin going down. When his butt hit the ground, it was still technically in his arm, he just didn't have it secured. I'm not sure what the exact ruling is when it's considered a fumble. It's one of those if they call him down on the field, the replay will uphold that ruling. If they call it a fumble on the field, the replay with uphold that ruling. Just got unlucky it was the latter.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 12 11:44 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Sun Sep 12 11:40 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sun Sep 12 10:42 pm
The Rube wrote:

The part where the sideline ref was marking Dalvin down, then watched the Bengals scramble for a few seconds, moves back a couple of yards, you can see him think "well they must have the ball," and gives them the turnover was frustrating. I don't think either ref threw the beanie marking that a fumble took place. The way it is officiated now, they let the turnover happen and review can over turn it if necessary. It's tough to get a close call overturned because they always fall back on the inconclusive evidence.

The ball was moving as Dalvin going down. When his butt hit the ground, it was still technically in his arm, he just didn't have it secured. I'm not sure what the exact ruling is when it's considered a fumble. It's one of those if they call him down on the field, the replay will uphold that ruling. If they call it a fumble on the field, the replay with uphold that ruling. Just got unlucky it was the latter.
The bolded is what I also saw.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 12 11:45 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sun Sep 12 10:46 pm
You play to the whistle. Period. That actually solves a lot of it, given the replay system.

Either way, this is all nit-picking. MN really didn't play well enough to win this game. The only chance they had was given to them by the Bengals going for it on 4th down in their own territory, and the Vikings D actually showed up, and even that was close.
There's no argument that for 35-40 minutes the Vikings played like it was their first time playing tackle football. 12 called penalties, 10 accepted/enforced in the first half is an absolute embarrassment. The defense stiffened up at times when they needed to, 10 second half points, and 3 were on a 55ish yard FG IIRC).
I was stunned the Cincy coach went for it on 4th their with a 14pt lead. But even if they punt, it's still Vikings ball and there's no telling that they don't march down and score anyways (like they did on their next drive to make it 24-21).
In Cincy's last 7 drives (from about 10 minutes left in 3rd quarter through OT) they amassed a whopping 140ish yards. And 40 were on the long field goal, 46 were on the GW FG in OT.

The defense seemed to improve as the game went on which, IMHO, is a very good sign. Especially when you factor in that Peterson and Breeland are brand new (and Peterson didn't play a snap in preseason, I think Breeland played sparingly), Hunter and Pierce missed all of last year, Kendricks missed a lot of last year, Tomlinson is new, Vigil is new, and Woods is new. Most of those guys barely played at all in preseason if they even suited up. There were definitely a few plays, particularly on cutbacks/counters where you could see Kendricks/Smith get caught overpursuing on Mixon and then he cut it back inside and had 10-15 yards. Those will likely be 2 yard gains in two weeks when they get back up to game shape.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Sep 12 11:50 pm

The amount of false starts/holding penalties were amazing. We almost started making dollar bets on what it was going to be, it was that bad.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by MNNavy » Mon Sep 13 7:04 am

Sun Sep 12 6:49 pm
Sun Sep 12 6:44 pm
wishful thinking
As a life long Vikings fan wishful thinking is what I/we have. We are the football version of Red Sox/Cubs fans who both now have recent championships so you say there is a chance. :good2:
So you're saying we only have to wait another 40 years for a championship?
"It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance." - Thomas Sowell
"Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." - Sir Winston Churchill

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 566 times
Been liked: 560 times

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Sep 13 7:20 am

I'd love to.see the magic.angle.that apparently no one else has seen so far.
Currently under construction.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Sep 13 7:38 am

2-15
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by gopher6 » Mon Sep 13 9:03 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Sep 13 7:38 am
2-15
0-17

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Sep 13 9:18 am

gopher6 wrote:
Mon Sep 13 9:03 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Sep 13 7:38 am
2-15
0-17
Blind Nut. Squirrel.
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Mon Sep 13 10:38 am

no moral here for the paper champs

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Sep 13 10:42 am

Mon Sep 13 10:38 am
no moral here for the paper champs
It's all moral around here. That's all they've got.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden

Post by Snowcool08 » Mon Sep 13 5:25 pm

From a locked article on the Athletic written by Mike Sando. This Vikings blurb was just too good not to share:
4. The Vikings will be very, very interesting to watch
I’ll be watching for two things from Minnesota: how coach Mike Zimmer balances his tendency to blame others with a coach’s duty to take responsibility, and how the offense performs with a shockingly inexperienced staff.

On the first point, Zimmer almost never seems to take the blame for team performance shortcomings.

Before the Vikings 27-24 overtime defeat in Cincinnati on Sunday, Zimmer dismissed fans’ concerns about his team’s defense, suggesting in remarks to the Minneapolis Star Tribune that “if you polled all the offensive coaches in the league, they would say that I’m still ahead of the curve.” Zimmer also suggested the Vikings nearly pulled off one of the “best coaching jobs there was” by winning seven games last season “with the group that we got” on the roster.

Notice the framing? Good coaching, not-as-good playing.

At halftime of the loss in Cincy, Fox reported that Zimmer thought quarterback Kirk Cousins held the ball too long in the first half. After the game, Zimmer noted that the Bengals succeeded in a key fourth-down situation even though the Vikings had practiced against that specific play.

This wasn’t a direct shot at the players, but the framing was familiar.

On the second point, Minnesota is a team with an outspoken and sometimes combative defensive-minded head coach, matched with a first-time offensive coordinator, first-time offensive line coach, first-time quarterbacks coach, no veteran backup quarterbacks and a rookie first-round left tackle who will miss at least the first three games of the season following surgery.

That combination, coupled with Zimmer’s tendency to speak his mind in ways that reflect poorly on others, could enable Zimmer’s most combustible instincts when the results are poor. And the results are going to be poor, in my view. Arizona, Seattle and Cleveland are next on the Vikings’ schedule. What could go wrong? Not the coaching, most likely.
https://theathletic.com/2822095/2021/09 ... -and-more/

MATT
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by MATT » Mon Sep 13 7:49 pm

A lot of complaining in here about a team in first place. 🤣
C297500D-EED5-4F41-9AF9-7E16C5D4523F.jpeg

magoose
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by magoose » Mon Sep 13 9:00 pm

Expectations were/are low for the season and all the penalties did not alter that opinion. At least there are 16 more games to change my lack of excitement for the team. At least we did not get our behinds smoked like the yahoo’s to the East. I loved seeing Jordan Love entering the field in the 4th. Totally made my day.

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Mon Sep 13 9:10 pm

magoose wrote:
Mon Sep 13 9:00 pm
Expectations were/are low for the season and all the penalties did not alter that opinion. At least there are 16 more games to change my lack of excitement for the team. At least we did not get our behinds smoked like the yahoo’s to the East. I loved seeing Jordan Love entering the field in the 4th. Totally made my day.
come on the pack played a good team we played a team thats been garbage for years

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Sep 13 9:42 pm

magoose wrote:
Mon Sep 13 9:00 pm
My friends and I all predicted an ugly game (most of them are Vikings fans). NO one expected that amount of penalties, and not ONE of the group blamed the refs. Saw the plays, the replays, and every time, nodded "yup, that was a penalty. JFC"

It was embarrassing.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Sep 13 10:37 pm

Dan Carlson nails a 55 yarder to force OT. I like the Vikings new kicker Joseph, but if Zimmer had any patience whatsoever regarding kickers, Carlson would have been the Vikings kicker past few years. Hey, let’s just throw away draft picks on kickers we cut after one game. 🤬

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Sep 13 10:49 pm

Kickers are a fickle bunch. Totally replaceable, yet...not. They'll miss 5 in a row, then nail the next 20.

How often have we seen a kicker (in any game) miss a couple of "easy" 30 yd-ers, only to nail a clutch 50 yd-er in the end?

There are no answers, just best guesses on kickers. ;)

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 144 times

Post by Bigbeer » Tue Sep 14 1:20 am

This should get interesting when they are 0-4.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Sep 16 5:47 pm

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Sep 17 11:57 am

Griffen suffered his concussion avoiding a deer in the road with his car.

gator
Golden
Golden

Post by gator » Fri Sep 17 3:31 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Sep 17 11:57 am
What's in the water in this city... Some of this stuff you just can't make up.
- Pat Sajak

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 515 times

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Sep 17 3:51 pm

gator wrote:
Fri Sep 17 3:31 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Last week I had to smash the brake pedal to the floor to avoid hitting a deer. Missed her by inches. I never came close to hitting my head on anything. Was he wearing a seatbelt? :confused2:

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Sep 17 9:18 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Sep 17 3:51 pm
gator wrote:
frozen4champs wrote:
Last week I had to smash the brake pedal to the floor to avoid hitting a deer. Missed her by inches. I never came close to hitting my head on anything. Was he wearing a seatbelt? :confused2:
He did crash into a tree. Concussion doesn't necessarily need contact to the head to happen. It's just a jarring of the brain inside the skull. A good body blow (think: hardcore bodycheck in hockey) could do it, too.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Sep 17 9:24 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Sep 17 9:18 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Sep 17 3:51 pm
gator wrote:
frozen4champs wrote:
He did crash into a tree. Concussion doesn't necessarily need contact to the head to happen. It's just a jarring of the brain inside the skull. A good body blow (think: hardcore bodycheck in hockey) could do it, too.
Ok. I didn’t see that he hit a tree

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Sep 17 9:26 pm

ESPN was reporting he swerved, lost control, and crashed into a tree.

I'd say, knowing what I've read from concussion-related stuff, even a "slam on the brakes," causing the seatbelt to lock up and give your body a jolt, could potentially cause a concussion, or at least symptoms of one.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Sep 17 9:28 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Sep 17 9:26 pm

I'd say, knowing what I've read from concussion-related stuff, even a "slam on the brakes," causing the seatbelt to lock up and give your body a jolt, could potentially cause a concussion, or at least symptoms of one.
Never swerve to miss a deer. Brake hard and stay in a straight line.

If you still collide the deer might die. If you swerve, you may miss the deer but you might die when you go off road.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Sep 17 9:39 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Sep 17 9:28 pm
The Rube wrote:
Fri Sep 17 9:26 pm

If you still collide the deer might die. If you swerve, you may miss the deer but you might die when you go off road.
Never swerve for any animal that is deer size or smaller. ;)
My college roommate drove semi-truck between Duluth and Two Harbors. He taught me that. I then asked him about a moose. He said, "I'd ditch this mother :censored: and not even think about it. :shock:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Fri Sep 17 9:53 pm

the moose part thats funny

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Sep 17 10:15 pm

Fri Sep 17 9:53 pm
I quote, "A deer? Might break your legs in the crash if you're driving a rig. A moose? You're probably dead."

TheRube33 on UnTappd

gator
Golden
Golden

Post by gator » Sat Sep 18 9:34 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Sep 17 10:15 pm
Fri Sep 17 9:53 pm
I quote, "A deer? Might break your legs in the crash if you're driving a rig. A moose? You're probably dead."
- I had a guy on my floor one year in college who was from Alaska. He had several scars across his face and it was from hitting a moose in a car. He hit the moose in the moose body came right through the windshield and the windshield cut his face all up.
- I also knew a trucker and he said he has smoked a few deer in his days driving cross country in a semi. And every time he said he just keep on driving and look at the carnage on your grill when when he eventually pulled over.
- I hit a deer this past spring as I was heading out to my now wife’s parents house in Randolph, Mn. The deer hopped out of the ditch and was crossing the road and I would’ve missed the deer but the deer decided to do an about face and turn around and head back towards the ditch and I clipped it right with my passenger side headlight. Killed the deer and did a nice amount of damage on my Dodge Journey.
- Pat Sajak

Greyeagle
Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 736 times

Post by Greyeagle » Sat Sep 18 9:45 pm

Driving to Bigfork this spring a grouse was starting to strut across the road. No oncoming traffic so I drifted toward the center of the road as did the car in front of me. thought for sure it would double back after the first car went by it...nope it kept strutting across the road and I'm not going to swerve back at this point for a damn bird. Looked in the mirror and had flashbacks of Randy Johnson smoking a pigeon.

Grouse may the dumbest birds on the planet. Best part was my dad....."That dumb*** bird tried to elude you but you tracked him perfectly....." :lol:
:M: :M2: Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers! :M2: :M:

gator
Golden
Golden

Post by gator » Sat Sep 18 9:45 pm

Bertogliat wrote:

I’m 50/50 with this. There are so many scenarios in this situation.
- Pat Sajak

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sun Sep 19 12:53 pm

gator wrote:
Sat Sep 18 9:45 pm
Bertogliat wrote:

Well if you don’t have full coverage insurance some people may think it’s worth the risk of dying to avoid replacing your car.

I’m not in that group.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 534 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Sep 19 12:59 pm

This might be the most interesting I’ve ever seen the Vikings thread. :lol:

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 19 3:08 pm

Well. That was a hell of a start.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 19 3:13 pm

Shots of the field looks like there are a LOT of Vikings fans there.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Sep 19 3:13 pm

Sounds like all the fans from Boulder yesterday made the quick trip to Phoenix. Causing false starts and forcing timeouts already.

gator
Golden
Golden

Post by gator » Sun Sep 19 3:15 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Sun Sep 19 12:53 pm
gator wrote:
Sat Sep 18 9:45 pm
Bertogliat wrote:

Well if you don’t have full coverage insurance some people may think it’s worth the risk of dying to avoid replacing your car.

I’m not in that group.
I'll take my defensive driving skills from growing up and driving in rural America compared to learning to drive in a metro area when it comes to avoiding a deer or other wild life.
- Pat Sajak

gator
Golden
Golden

Post by gator » Sun Sep 19 3:17 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Sun Sep 19 3:13 pm
Sounds like all the fans from Boulder yesterday made the quick trip to Phoenix. Causing false starts and forcing timeouts already.
Sounded the same way last week in Cincy. Vikings loud and proud in the visiting stadiums.
- Pat Sajak

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Sep 19 3:46 pm

“You can’t reciprocate game speed...” ......???
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Sep 19 3:56 pm

Hey Cousins has had a couple opportunities to run and he actually did!