High School Hockey 2020-21

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3321
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 493 times
Been liked: 167 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by D2D » Tue Feb 23 7:17 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Feb 23 6:11 pm
You don't think they recruit? Have you seen their rosters the last few years?
I watched the EP/BSM game a week or so ago and EP is definitely loaded. They had no problem at all dispatching a very good Benilde team. Assuming the Eagles make it to State I certainly wouldn't bet against them.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Buzzkill Bonin
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15827
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Buzzkill Bonin » Tue Feb 23 7:19 pm

D2D wrote:
Tue Feb 23 7:17 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Feb 23 6:11 pm
You don't think they recruit? Have you seen their rosters the last few years?
I watched the EP/BSM game a week or so ago and EP is definitely loaded. They had no problem at all dispatching a very good Benilde team. Assuming the Eagles make it to State I certainly wouldn't bet against them.
Maple Grove seems to be a threat. Kukkonen is a star that I don't think will end up at MTU.
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3321
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 493 times
Been liked: 167 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by D2D » Tue Feb 23 7:27 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Feb 23 7:19 pm
Maple Grove seems to be a threat. Kukkonen is a star that I don't think will end up at MTU.
Yes they've been rolling over everybody, but their schedule has been a little soft making it difficult to gauge just how good they really are. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks....
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2907
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 62 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Maize » Tue Feb 23 10:58 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Feb 23 7:19 pm
Maple Grove seems to be a threat. Kukkonen is a star that I don't think will end up at MTU.
I don't think it's the best fit hockeywise either, but his aunt is the athletic director at Michigan Tech.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17589
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 465 times
Been liked: 421 times
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Feb 24 1:17 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Feb 23 6:11 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Feb 23 6:10 pm
EP.... :lol:
You don't think they recruit? Have you seen their rosters the last few years?
EP is the worst offender of all the public schools. Maple Grove has finally been able to hang on to most of their own and it's showing in the results this year so far. Very good team this year.

Of course Gentry blows everyone else out of the water at least at present. It's freaking gross but they somehow pass MSHSL's laws so they're allowed to play instead of having to go the Shattuck route.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2092
Joined: Sun Feb 13 11:14 am
Location: New Prague
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 51 times
Age: 42
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Wed Feb 24 8:19 am

D2D wrote:
Tue Feb 23 7:17 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Feb 23 6:11 pm
You don't think they recruit? Have you seen their rosters the last few years?
I watched the EP/BSM game a week or so ago and EP is definitely loaded. They had no problem at all dispatching a very good Benilde team. Assuming the Eagles make it to State I certainly wouldn't bet against them.
EP has to get through Section 2AA first. As of now, they have a first round date with the New Prague Trojans.

:biggrin2:

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11542
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 438 times
Age: 46

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Feb 24 8:46 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Feb 24 1:17 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Feb 23 6:11 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Feb 23 6:10 pm
EP.... :lol:
You don't think they recruit? Have you seen their rosters the last few years?
EP is the worst offender of all the public schools. Maple Grove has finally been able to hang on to most of their own and it's showing in the results this year so far. Very good team this year.

Of course Gentry blows everyone else out of the water at least at present. It's freaking gross but they somehow pass MSHSL's laws so they're allowed to play instead of having to go the Shattuck route.

I could see Gentry being a problem for a long time. It's a hard sell for families that prioritize sports over education to have a school that devotes hours of school time to training rather than educating.

User avatar
Jaykay3
Veteran
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu Mar 08 11:55 am
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Jaykay3 » Wed Feb 24 9:56 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Feb 23 7:19 pm
D2D wrote:
Tue Feb 23 7:17 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Feb 23 6:11 pm
You don't think they recruit? Have you seen their rosters the last few years?
I watched the EP/BSM game a week or so ago and EP is definitely loaded. They had no problem at all dispatching a very good Benilde team. Assuming the Eagles make it to State I certainly wouldn't bet against them.
Maple Grove seems to be a threat. Kukkonen is a star that I don't think will end up at MTU.
On top of the aunt connection noted here, his brother is also committed to MTU.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8685
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 440 times
Been liked: 599 times
Age: 33

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Feb 24 9:59 am

I thought anyone with a Finnish sounding name was obligated to go there. :lol:

User avatar
5 O.T.
Veteran
Posts: 4821
Joined: Fri Jul 29 4:31 pm
Location: In the "Ne" Section
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by 5 O.T. » Wed Feb 24 10:24 am


User avatar
Buzzkill Bonin
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15827
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Buzzkill Bonin » Wed Feb 24 10:25 am

5 O.T. wrote:
Wed Feb 24 10:24 am
Quit before being fired?

https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news_a ... ow/1148141
That's the case about 95% of the time. Clearly something happened.
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11542
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 438 times
Age: 46

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Feb 24 10:44 am

5 O.T. wrote:
Wed Feb 24 10:24 am
Quit before being fired?

https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news_a ... ow/1148141
Did something happen?

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 6297
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 246 times
Been liked: 106 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Feb 24 11:01 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Feb 24 1:17 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Feb 23 6:11 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Feb 23 6:10 pm
EP.... :lol:
You don't think they recruit? Have you seen their rosters the last few years?
EP is the worst offender of all the public schools. Maple Grove has finally been able to hang on to most of their own and it's showing in the results this year so far. Very good team this year.

What’s interesting is MG (which won the Bantam AA title in 17-18) is missing 2 key players from that team, Justin Janicke (NTDP) & Brock Faber, who graduated early (Gophers).

User avatar
Buzzkill Bonin
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15827
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Buzzkill Bonin » Wed Feb 24 11:05 am

At one point I think there was a whisper Faber might go back to MG this year. He would have been like Paul Martin at ER and they probably would have been unstoppable.
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7292
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 154 times
Age: 42

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed Feb 24 12:17 pm

GrandForksGopher wrote:
Tue Feb 23 3:39 pm
If it were to actually happen and they were able to get the top players from Grand Forks and East Grand Forks they would likely be a (or thee) power house in class A. Their best bait for getting the top players from those schools would probably be to go class AA. Obviously a major 'if', though.

I know Sacred Heart had been in talks with former UND goalie Karl Goering a few years back about starting a development program in association with The Ralph. As far as I know that's fallen through, but I think it shows there could be possible interest from Sacred Heart to explore some options
First, Sacred Heart had a stand alone program when I was a kid. It folded and rightfully so, they only had certain families/etc that play hockey and they moved through and had no one with substantial skill. When I was in HS, I don't recall a lot of hockey players in our youth programs from there or that had a desire to play beyond Bantams and I am sure some of that has changed, but Sacred Heart is more of a basketball school anyway.

Sure, they could start pulling kids to go to Sacred Heart, but it isn't free to go there. I went there in Kindergarten (my Dad went to school through 9th grade there) but went public due to the cost.

As for Crookston adding Sacred Heart and Fertile-Beltrami...well, EGF beat them 11-0 last night, outshot them 67-9 and it was 7-0 after one with shots something like 29-0. I don't see them being a power.

Also, I would be curious what families would make the jump to private school just for hockey, especially from EGF. I mean, Panzer has an apartment in EGF just to play there, can't see him going to Sacred Heart.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 48 times
Age: 36

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Laxref » Fri Mar 12 10:20 am

Gentry Academy going up to Hermantown tonight could be interesting.

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 48 times
Age: 36

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Laxref » Fri Mar 12 12:42 pm

And that game is now cancelled due to virus issues.

User avatar
Buzzkill Bonin
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15827
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Buzzkill Bonin » Fri Mar 12 12:54 pm

For which team? Gentry scared to go up there and maybe get pounded?
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 48 times
Age: 36

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Laxref » Fri Mar 12 1:04 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Mar 12 12:54 pm
For which team? Gentry scared to go up there and maybe get pounded?
From what I’ve heard, East played Hermantown earlier this week, an East JV player tested positive after the game and now Hermantown JV has a positive, Gentry pulled out not wanting to risk it, what I’ve heard may not be accurate but it’s coming from a Hermantown source.

User avatar
Gopherguy05
Veteran
Posts: 5044
Joined: Fri Dec 01 8:52 pm
Location: West St. Paul
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 30 times
Age: 38

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Gopherguy05 » Fri Mar 12 1:30 pm

Laxref wrote:
Fri Mar 12 1:04 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Mar 12 12:54 pm
For which team? Gentry scared to go up there and maybe get pounded?
From what I’ve heard, East played Hermantown earlier this week, an East JV player tested positive after the game and now Hermantown JV has a positive, Gentry pulled out not wanting to risk it, what I’ve heard may not be accurate but it’s coming from a Hermantown source.

User avatar
Buzzkill Bonin
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15827
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Buzzkill Bonin » Thu Mar 18 9:12 pm

Maple Grove in a tight one in sections.
https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/3 ... son=697637
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
fightclub30
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3963
Joined: Mon Apr 18 9:45 pm
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 83 times
Age: 34

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by fightclub30 » Thu Mar 18 10:15 pm

Shakopee @ Minnetonka was a forfeit? Anybody got anything there?

User avatar
Buzzkill Bonin
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15827
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Buzzkill Bonin » Thu Mar 18 10:27 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Thu Mar 18 10:15 pm
Shakopee @ Minnetonka was a forfeit? Anybody got anything there?
Covid. They knew just after seeding and chose not to reseed everyone.
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11542
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 438 times
Age: 46

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 18 10:50 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Mar 18 9:12 pm
Maple Grove in a tight one in sections.
https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/3 ... son=697637
8 players with 3 points or more.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17589
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 465 times
Been liked: 421 times
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Mar 19 2:10 am

fightclub30 wrote:
Thu Mar 18 10:15 pm
Shakopee @ Minnetonka was a forfeit? Anybody got anything there?
Ok, I was wondering how they managed only a 1-0 win. :lol:
Currently under construction.

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3581
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 51 times
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by HockeyBum » Fri Mar 19 8:08 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Mar 18 9:12 pm
Maple Grove in a tight one in sections.
https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/3 ... son=697637
About that 20-0 Maple Grove win... I have a friend whose son plays for CR. I texted him last night to ask what happened. His response:
"8 seniors took a senior trip to Mexico. The coaches lost this group months ago. Both varsity goalies in Mexico. Top D pair in Mexico. 2 JV goalies with no varsity experience split the game tonight. A first, yes FIRST year player, and a girl. Kind of sad"
Last edited by HockeyBum on Fri Mar 19 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 20379
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 1001 times
Been liked: 627 times
Age: 54

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Mar 19 8:32 am

HockeyBum wrote:
Fri Mar 19 8:08 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Mar 18 9:12 pm
Maple Grove in a tight one in sections.
https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/3 ... son=697637
About that 20-0 Maple Grove win... I have a friend whose son plays for CR. His son tore his MCL a month ago and didn't play. I texted him last night to ask what happened. His response:
"8 seniors took a senior trip to Mexico. The coaches lost this group months ago. Both varsity goalies in Mexico. Top D pair in Mexico. 2 JV goalies with no varsity experience split the game tonight. A first, yes FIRST year player, and a girl. Kind of sad"
:shock:

I played on a pretty bad team my Sr. year and our coach was a complete moron but I cannot imagine any of us quitting on our teammates like that. Without any additional details I am not sure who is more pathetic, the players who left or parents who allowed them to.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
fightclub30
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3963
Joined: Mon Apr 18 9:45 pm
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 83 times
Age: 34

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by fightclub30 » Fri Mar 19 9:10 am

Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Mar 19 8:32 am
HockeyBum wrote:
Fri Mar 19 8:08 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Mar 18 9:12 pm
Maple Grove in a tight one in sections.
https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/3 ... son=697637
About that 20-0 Maple Grove win... I have a friend whose son plays for CR. His son tore his MCL a month ago and didn't play. I texted him last night to ask what happened. His response:
"8 seniors took a senior trip to Mexico. The coaches lost this group months ago. Both varsity goalies in Mexico. Top D pair in Mexico. 2 JV goalies with no varsity experience split the game tonight. A first, yes FIRST year player, and a girl. Kind of sad"
:shock:

I played on a pretty bad team my Sr. year and our coach was a complete moron but I cannot imagine any of us quitting on our teammates like that. Without any additional details I am not sure who is more pathetic, the players who left or parents who allowed them to.
High School kids don't think things through (breaking news...).

I'll never forget the Farmington goalie: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck ... --nhl.html

That will follow him forever. When employers google his name, that will come up. So when the going gets tough, you quit on your team?

I don't get it. I also never took an international spring break trip either. In fact, I don't think I ever left the state for Spring break...

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Mar 07 10:19 am
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Fri Mar 19 9:12 am

Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Mar 19 8:32 am
HockeyBum wrote:
Fri Mar 19 8:08 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Mar 18 9:12 pm
Maple Grove in a tight one in sections.
https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/3 ... son=697637
About that 20-0 Maple Grove win... I have a friend whose son plays for CR. His son tore his MCL a month ago and didn't play. I texted him last night to ask what happened. His response:
"8 seniors took a senior trip to Mexico. The coaches lost this group months ago. Both varsity goalies in Mexico. Top D pair in Mexico. 2 JV goalies with no varsity experience split the game tonight. A first, yes FIRST year player, and a girl. Kind of sad"
:shock:

I played on a pretty bad team my Sr. year and our coach was a complete moron but I cannot imagine any of us quitting on our teammates like that. Without any additional details I am not sure who is more pathetic, the players who left or parents who allowed them to.
I have no idea if any of these guys are playing after HS but this won't look great to any Junior or college coach. What are they supposed to think of these players if just ditched their team at the most important time of the season?

User avatar
skiier32
Golden
Golden
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri Nov 19 11:31 am
Location: Sitting in Section 10
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 10 times
Age: 47
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by skiier32 » Fri Mar 19 9:15 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Mar 19 2:10 am
fightclub30 wrote:
Thu Mar 18 10:15 pm
Shakopee @ Minnetonka was a forfeit? Anybody got anything there?
Ok, I was wondering how they managed only a 1-0 win. :lol:
They played Farmington in the last regular season game. The kid with Covid went and got tested before the game, played and then found out he was positive. It shut down both teams. Farmington played last night with its JV against Owatonna.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 20379
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 1001 times
Been liked: 627 times
Age: 54

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Mar 19 10:11 am

fightclub30 wrote:
Fri Mar 19 9:10 am
High School kids don't think things through (breaking news...).

I'll never forget the Farmington goalie: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck ... --nhl.html

That will follow him forever. When employers google his name, that will come up. So when the going gets tough, you quit on your team?

I don't get it. I also never took an international spring break trip either. In fact, I don't think I ever left the state for Spring break...
Yep....mine are just becoming 'normal' now. :lol:

This reeks of parents who want to be friends with their kids and not parents who need to make hard decisions.

I had forgotten about crazy Farmington goalie.....wonder if he ever found peace/sanity?
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1578
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 63 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by JC65 » Fri Mar 19 10:13 am

This thread doesn't specify Minnesota High School Hockey, and there was mention of Gwoz in another thread recently, so here's an update:



“I’m having a ball,” Gwozdecky said of his experience coaching at Valor. “I really am. To just be able to be around these guys, when you see the joy and happiness of succeeding at something like this, it makes it really worthwhile.”

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7528
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 474 times
Age: 54

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Mar 19 12:07 pm


User avatar
Buzzkill Bonin
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15827
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Buzzkill Bonin » Fri Mar 19 12:19 pm

Kukkonen is almost as easy a prediction as Caufield. Coming back from an injury and playing his senior year.
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2907
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 62 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Maize » Fri Mar 19 12:45 pm

I feel like Peart may be in the running too.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3854
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 211 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Karlsson » Fri Mar 19 9:22 pm

Rau4SkiUMah wrote:
Fri Mar 19 9:12 am
Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Mar 19 8:32 am
HockeyBum wrote:
Fri Mar 19 8:08 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Mar 18 9:12 pm
Maple Grove in a tight one in sections.
https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/3 ... son=697637
About that 20-0 Maple Grove win... I have a friend whose son plays for CR. His son tore his MCL a month ago and didn't play. I texted him last night to ask what happened. His response:
"8 seniors took a senior trip to Mexico. The coaches lost this group months ago. Both varsity goalies in Mexico. Top D pair in Mexico. 2 JV goalies with no varsity experience split the game tonight. A first, yes FIRST year player, and a girl. Kind of sad"
:shock:

I played on a pretty bad team my Sr. year and our coach was a complete moron but I cannot imagine any of us quitting on our teammates like that. Without any additional details I am not sure who is more pathetic, the players who left or parents who allowed them to.
I have no idea if any of these guys are playing after HS but this won't look great to any Junior or college coach. What are they supposed to think of these players if just ditched their team at the most important time of the season?
It's Coon Rapids. They aren't going anywhere. :wink:

Pretty sure their best product was Josh Langfeld. Played a hundred or so games in the NHL for probably half a dozen teams. Scored the GWG for Michigan in the 98 title game, though.

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3136
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 65 times
Age: 27

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by YoungEagle » Sat Mar 20 11:18 am

Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Mar 19 10:11 am
fightclub30 wrote:
Fri Mar 19 9:10 am
High School kids don't think things through (breaking news...).

I'll never forget the Farmington goalie: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck ... --nhl.html

That will follow him forever. When employers google his name, that will come up. So when the going gets tough, you quit on your team?

I don't get it. I also never took an international spring break trip either. In fact, I don't think I ever left the state for Spring break...
Yep....mine are just becoming 'normal' now. :lol:

This reeks of parents who want to be friends with their kids and not parents who need to make hard decisions.

I had forgotten about crazy Farmington goalie.....wonder if he ever found peace/sanity?
You make a commitment to a team you finish the dance. It’s not difficult.

What an embarrassing moment for that program.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2092
Joined: Sun Feb 13 11:14 am
Location: New Prague
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 51 times
Age: 42
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Sun Mar 21 12:57 pm

I will give the kids/parents a little break here.

The MSHSL did not have definitive section dates this year for hockey as of January 1, 2021.

In normal years, the season would have been over for most kids a month ago, and I guarantee CR knew that would be the case. If mom and dad planned their vacation back in November, their plans would have been reasonable.

I totally agree you need to honor your commitment, but I can't fault families for making plans for when they did, and the MSHSL screwing around with them isn't within their control.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11542
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 438 times
Age: 46

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Bertogliat » Sun Mar 21 3:39 pm

SkiUMahLaw wrote:
Sun Mar 21 12:57 pm
I will give the kids/parents a little break here.

The MSHSL did not have definitive section dates this year for hockey as of January 1, 2021.

In normal years, the season would have been over for most kids a month ago, and I guarantee CR knew that would be the case. If mom and dad planned their vacation back in November, their plans would have been reasonable.

I totally agree you need to honor your commitment, but I can't fault families for making plans for when they did, and the MSHSL screwing around with them isn't within their control.
The teams that gave a $h!t cancelled their vacations.

Remember flights were reimbursed for cancellation.

User avatar
skiier32
Golden
Golden
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri Nov 19 11:31 am
Location: Sitting in Section 10
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 10 times
Age: 47
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by skiier32 » Mon Mar 22 2:19 pm

So this might fall under "I got a dumb questions, but" thread but how do I get the high school hockey tourney online with out having to pay for it? I have YouTube Tv and they do not carry channel 45. Is it free on prep45.com?

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7292
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 154 times
Age: 42

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by MNGophers29 » Tue Mar 23 1:11 am

skiier32 wrote:
Mon Mar 22 2:19 pm
So this might fall under "I got a dumb questions, but" thread but how do I get the high school hockey tourney online with out having to pay for it? I have YouTube Tv and they do not carry channel 45. Is it free on prep45.com?
Good question. Last year I seem to remember it was free. The years before it was not as I know I paid for it in Fargo and then gave my login info to @Slap Shot sonhe could watch from abroad.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3136
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 65 times
Age: 27

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by YoungEagle » Tue Mar 23 9:08 am

skiier32 wrote:
Mon Mar 22 2:19 pm
So this might fall under "I got a dumb questions, but" thread but how do I get the high school hockey tourney online with out having to pay for it? I have YouTube Tv and they do not carry channel 45. Is it free on prep45.com?
Oh I didn’t know that. Lame. Time to find some rabbit ears.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
skiier32
Golden
Golden
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri Nov 19 11:31 am
Location: Sitting in Section 10
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 10 times
Age: 47
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by skiier32 » Tue Mar 23 11:14 am

YoungEagle wrote:
Tue Mar 23 9:08 am
skiier32 wrote:
Mon Mar 22 2:19 pm
So this might fall under "I got a dumb questions, but" thread but how do I get the high school hockey tourney online with out having to pay for it? I have YouTube Tv and they do not carry channel 45. Is it free on prep45.com?
Oh I didn’t know that. Lame. Time to find some rabbit ears.
That is a good option as well. I do have a digital antenna for the garage TV. Might have to move it in side!!

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17589
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 465 times
Been liked: 421 times
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Mar 24 10:51 am

EP-Tonka stream for 8 p.m. I likely will not be awake. Bummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nub-U-ZdpWE
Currently under construction.

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3136
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 65 times
Age: 27

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by YoungEagle » Wed Mar 24 11:18 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Mar 24 10:51 am
EP-Tonka stream for 8 p.m. I likely will not be awake. Bummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nub-U-ZdpWE
If your up an hour earlier you can check out St. Thomas take on Rosemount on http://www.cadetbroadcasts.com
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17589
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 465 times
Been liked: 421 times
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Mar 24 8:16 pm

Tonka went up 3-1 midway through the 2nd then took a penalty and you can't do that vs EP. 3-2 Tonka after 2.

Finish him!!
Currently under construction.

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3136
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 65 times
Age: 27

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by YoungEagle » Wed Mar 24 8:21 pm

Cadets up 4-1 after 2. Keep it up!
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
Goldy77
Veteran
Posts: 1164
Joined: Wed Feb 01 10:06 am
Location: New Prague, MN
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 14 times
Age: 33

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Goldy77 » Wed Mar 24 8:24 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Mar 24 8:16 pm
Tonka went up 3-1 midway through the 2nd then took a penalty and you can't do that vs EP. 3-2 Tonka after 2.

Finish him!!
Should be a great 3rd!

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4907
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 144 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Chris83 » Wed Mar 24 8:46 pm

EP-Tonka: 3-3 6 minutes left in regulation
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 20379
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 1001 times
Been liked: 627 times
Age: 54

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Mar 24 8:52 pm

YoungEagle wrote:
Wed Mar 24 8:21 pm
Cadets up 4-1 after 2. Keep it up!
6-1 Final
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17589
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 465 times
Been liked: 421 times
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Mar 24 8:56 pm

EP is clearly the better team, but it sure would be nice if the refs made them fully earn it on the ice. The last two penalties were very iffy.

3-3 and going to OT.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3854
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 211 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Karlsson » Wed Mar 24 9:02 pm

Eagles take it 4-3 in OT

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 20379
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 1001 times
Been liked: 627 times
Age: 54

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Mar 24 9:04 pm

Wayzata - 3
BSM - 2
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4907
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 144 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Chris83 » Wed Mar 24 9:29 pm

Lakeville South (1), Eden Prairie (2), STA (3), Hill-Murray (4), Wayzata (6), Andover (7) in so far for AA. Maple Grove/Centennial (5) and Roseau/Moorhead (8) play tomorrow night to round things out. Good field.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 20379
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 1001 times
Been liked: 627 times
Age: 54

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Mar 24 9:31 pm

Ouch.

Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17589
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 465 times
Been liked: 421 times
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Mar 24 9:34 pm

And an interesting reply of disgruntlement.

Currently under construction.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11542
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 438 times
Age: 46

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Mar 24 9:46 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Wed Mar 24 9:29 pm
Lakeville South (1), Eden Prairie (2), STA (3), Hill-Murray (4), Wayzata (6), Andover (7) in so far for AA. Maple Grove/Centennial (5) and Roseau/Moorhead (8) play tomorrow night to round things out. Good field.
Something very familiar about this field. Sounds like Andover was badly outshot but won.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3854
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 211 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Karlsson » Thu Mar 25 9:55 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Mar 24 9:46 pm
Chris83 wrote:
Wed Mar 24 9:29 pm
Lakeville South (1), Eden Prairie (2), STA (3), Hill-Murray (4), Wayzata (6), Andover (7) in so far for AA. Maple Grove/Centennial (5) and Roseau/Moorhead (8) play tomorrow night to round things out. Good field.
Something very familiar about this field. Sounds like Andover was badly outshot but won.
I'm sure the out staters are once again mad that a metro team took one of their spots.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11542
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 438 times
Age: 46

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 25 10:00 am

Karlsson wrote:
Thu Mar 25 9:55 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Mar 24 9:46 pm
Chris83 wrote:
Wed Mar 24 9:29 pm
Lakeville South (1), Eden Prairie (2), STA (3), Hill-Murray (4), Wayzata (6), Andover (7) in so far for AA. Maple Grove/Centennial (5) and Roseau/Moorhead (8) play tomorrow night to round things out. Good field.
Something very familiar about this field. Sounds like Andover was badly outshot but won.
I'm sure the out staters are once again mad that a metro team took one of their spots.
I wouldn't mind seeing more outstate teams. Something seems off on section make up when Lakeville is the 2nd furthest team from St Paul.

That said, every team has a chance.....except Coon Rapids. :lol:

User avatar
SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2092
Joined: Sun Feb 13 11:14 am
Location: New Prague
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 51 times
Age: 42
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Thu Mar 25 12:25 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Mar 25 10:00 am
Karlsson wrote:
Thu Mar 25 9:55 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Mar 24 9:46 pm
Chris83 wrote:
Wed Mar 24 9:29 pm
Lakeville South (1), Eden Prairie (2), STA (3), Hill-Murray (4), Wayzata (6), Andover (7) in so far for AA. Maple Grove/Centennial (5) and Roseau/Moorhead (8) play tomorrow night to round things out. Good field.
Something very familiar about this field. Sounds like Andover was badly outshot but won.
I'm sure the out staters are once again mad that a metro team took one of their spots.
I wouldn't mind seeing more outstate teams. Something seems off on section make up when Lakeville is the 2nd furthest team from St Paul.

That said, every team has a chance.....except Coon Rapids. :lol:
How many AA teams are non metro anymore? Moorhead, Roseau, Grand Rapids, Duluth Marshall, Duluth East, and the Rochester's....anyone else?

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3854
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 211 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Karlsson » Thu Mar 25 12:36 pm

SkiUMahLaw wrote:
Thu Mar 25 12:25 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Mar 25 10:00 am
Karlsson wrote:
Thu Mar 25 9:55 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Mar 24 9:46 pm
Chris83 wrote:
Wed Mar 24 9:29 pm
Lakeville South (1), Eden Prairie (2), STA (3), Hill-Murray (4), Wayzata (6), Andover (7) in so far for AA. Maple Grove/Centennial (5) and Roseau/Moorhead (8) play tomorrow night to round things out. Good field.
Something very familiar about this field. Sounds like Andover was badly outshot but won.
I'm sure the out staters are once again mad that a metro team took one of their spots.
I wouldn't mind seeing more outstate teams. Something seems off on section make up when Lakeville is the 2nd furthest team from St Paul.

That said, every team has a chance.....except Coon Rapids. :lol:
How many AA teams are non metro anymore? Moorhead, Roseau, Grand Rapids, Duluth Marshall, Duluth East, and the Rochester's....anyone else?
Cloquet-Esko-Carlton, Bemidji, Brainerd, probably a few others. Still not a whole lot.

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2907
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 62 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Maize » Thu Mar 25 12:44 pm

CEC, Bemidji, Roseau, Grand Rapids, and Marshall are all opt-ups too, right?

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11542
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 438 times
Age: 46

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 25 1:01 pm

Herrman.....

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7292
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 154 times
Age: 42

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Mar 25 4:18 pm

Maize wrote:
Thu Mar 25 12:44 pm
CEC, Bemidji, Roseau, Grand Rapids, and Marshall are all opt-ups too, right?
I don't think Bemidji and Grand Rapids are. They have pretty big schools there. I don't know about CEC or Marshall though.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2907
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 62 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Maize » Thu Mar 25 5:20 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Thu Mar 25 4:18 pm
Maize wrote:
Thu Mar 25 12:44 pm
CEC, Bemidji, Roseau, Grand Rapids, and Marshall are all opt-ups too, right?
I don't think Bemidji and Grand Rapids are. They have pretty big schools there. I don't know about CEC or Marshall though.
I looked it up. Cut-off line is 1252 enrollment. Bemidji's enrollment is 1216, Grand Rapids is 1006, CEC is about 1000 between the three, and Marshall is 258. So they could all be in Class A if they wanted.

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3136
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 65 times
Age: 27

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by YoungEagle » Thu Mar 25 6:55 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Mar 25 1:01 pm
Herrman.....
I’d be curious what the kids that play there think of playing in Single A. I know when St. Thomas was getting rightfully earned flack for playing Single A, the players I knew always wanted to play up.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11542
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 438 times
Age: 46

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 25 7:39 pm

YoungEagle wrote:
Thu Mar 25 6:55 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Mar 25 1:01 pm
Herrman.....
I’d be curious what the kids that play there think of playing in Single A. I know when St. Thomas was getting rightfully earned flack for playing Single A, the players I knew always wanted to play up.
I was about to say that with STA the players all made the choice to play there knowing it was a single A school. But I guess that is also true for half the Hermantown kids as well.

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7292
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 154 times
Age: 42

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Mar 25 8:13 pm

Maize wrote:
Thu Mar 25 5:20 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Thu Mar 25 4:18 pm
Maize wrote:
Thu Mar 25 12:44 pm
CEC, Bemidji, Roseau, Grand Rapids, and Marshall are all opt-ups too, right?
I don't think Bemidji and Grand Rapids are. They have pretty big schools there. I don't know about CEC or Marshall though.
I looked it up. Cut-off line is 1252 enrollment. Bemidji's enrollment is 1216, Grand Rapids is 1006, CEC is about 1000 between the three, and Marshall is 258. So they could all be in Class A if they wanted.
That may be the # now, but wondering what it was when they originally went 2 classes? Maybe it was that. I know everyone says EGF should move up, but they are under 600 students.

EDIT: it’s weird that Bemidji is that low. My sister’s class of 2000 had ~400. Mine in EGF was 132.
Last edited by MNGophers29 on Thu Mar 25 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7292
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 154 times
Age: 42

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Mar 25 8:14 pm

Speaking of, EGF up 4-1 over Warroad after 2 periods.

Weird seeing The Gardens as empty as it is for the game. Usually standing room only for section finals.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7292
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 154 times
Age: 42

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Mar 25 8:55 pm

EGF/Warroad tied at 4, headed to OT.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 20379
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 1001 times
Been liked: 627 times
Age: 54

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Greyeagle » Thu Mar 25 9:11 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Thu Mar 25 8:55 pm
EGF/Warroad tied at 4, headed to OT.
Holy comeback, Batman!
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3854
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 211 times

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Karlsson » Thu Mar 25 9:13 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Thu Mar 25 9:11 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Thu Mar 25 8:55 pm
EGF/Warroad tied at 4, headed to OT.
Holy comeback, Batman!
Going to OT2 now.

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7292
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 154 times
Age: 42

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Mar 25 9:35 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Thu Mar 25 9:13 pm
Greyeagle wrote:
Thu Mar 25 9:11 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Thu Mar 25 8:55 pm
EGF/Warroad tied at 4, headed to OT.
Holy comeback, Batman!
Going to OT2 now.
EGF’s goalie has struggled. 2nd one he couldn’t glove it and gave up a rebound. 3rd one was a dump in from 10’ into the neutral zone. Struggling with rebounds all over.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7292
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 154 times
Age: 42

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Mar 25 9:37 pm

EGF just ended it.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2814
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 116 times
Age: 42
Contact:

Re: High School Hockey 2020-21

Post by Vegoe » Fri Mar 26 12:30 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Mar 25 7:39 pm
YoungEagle wrote:
Thu Mar 25 6:55 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Mar 25 1:01 pm
Herrman.....
I’d be curious what the kids that play there think of playing in Single A. I know when St. Thomas was getting rightfully earned flack for playing Single A, the players I knew always wanted to play up.
I was about to say that with STA the players all made the choice to play there knowing it was a single A school. But I guess that is also true for half the Hermantown kids as well.
There are reasons other than just hockey to attend school. I get that if you're a hockey player that being associated with Hermantown or STA are part of your resume... but it's not quite that simple. I put most of the flack on the administrators/coach, not the players.

BTW someone is playing in the Bantam AA tournament as different people are in charge: https://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sh ... a-2020-21-

Post Reply