Vikings 2020 season

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Apr 25 3:33 pm

We traded a 5 to CHI for a 4 next year so that’s one way to knock one out
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Apr 25 3:46 pm

Now we traded our No.201 and No.219 for BAL No.225....does that make sense?
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Border Gopher
Veteran
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Nov 28 5:48 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Border Gopher » Sat Apr 25 3:56 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Apr 25 3:46 pm
Now we traded our No.201 and No.219 for BAL No.225....does that make sense?
We get the Ravens 5th next year as well.
"A real man makes his own puck luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Apr 25 3:58 pm

Then went OT at 203 and S at 205

I’m assuming this is a tackle they think can move inside
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Sat Apr 25 5:42 pm

Vikings draft former Iowa QB Nate Stanley in the seventh round.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10331
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 37

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by team22tank » Sun Apr 26 7:48 am

J22 wrote:
Sat Apr 25 11:29 am
Border Gopher wrote:
Sat Apr 25 11:19 am
Spielman has made a Day 2 trade in each of the past six drafts, after initially being unwilling to trade up in the second round and unable to trade up in the third round on Friday.

“We wanted to be aggressive,” Spielman said. “We just couldn’t get a trade partner to deal with us.”

Because of the coronavirus pandemic, this was different. Spielman continued to stockpile late-round picks to get ahead of undrafted free agency starting Saturday night, when NFL executives, scouts and coaches might struggle to cast a coordinated net while sequestered in their homes.

“Having this amount of picks alleviates some of that stress in college free agency, just because of the situation we’re dealing with right now,” Spielman said. “A lot of those guys that we like, if they did get to free agency you’d have to be battling with [other teams].”
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-tak ... 569940452/
Instead of using the picks on the guys that everyone wants, we traded them for more picks to be used on the guys that nobody plans on drafting. That's the logic? Seriously?
About 30% of NFL rosters are made up of Undrafted Free Agents.

I didn’t follow day three very close and am not sure if there is something in particular you are pointing to.

But in general moving down in the draft that late, odds are still pretty high you can get a guy you have your eyes on.

By having more picks the Vikings now have control over all the players they chose obviously. They will have to be less active in the undrafted free agency portion because they essentially did that late yesterday. And now don’t have to compete against other teams In that process.

They had 7 pics in rounds 1-4 and hit many of their needs. I actually think this was a good strategy for the late rounds.

**And In the process of maneuvering around in the late rounds, they picked up a 4th round and 5th for next year.**

I don’t see many issues with this draft at all. Now what really matter how many can they develop into legitimate NFL Players.

Pro Football graded the Vikes A. Packers Grade D!

User avatar
MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Apr 10 9:14 pm
Location: Lakeville, MN
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by MNNavy » Sun Apr 26 1:00 pm

team22tank wrote:
Sun Apr 26 7:48 am
Pro Football graded the Vikes A. Packers Grade D!
Image
It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. - Thomas Sowell

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Sun Apr 26 11:20 pm

team22tank wrote:
Sun Apr 26 7:48 am
J22 wrote:
Sat Apr 25 11:29 am
Border Gopher wrote:
Sat Apr 25 11:19 am
Spielman has made a Day 2 trade in each of the past six drafts, after initially being unwilling to trade up in the second round and unable to trade up in the third round on Friday.

“We wanted to be aggressive,” Spielman said. “We just couldn’t get a trade partner to deal with us.”

Because of the coronavirus pandemic, this was different. Spielman continued to stockpile late-round picks to get ahead of undrafted free agency starting Saturday night, when NFL executives, scouts and coaches might struggle to cast a coordinated net while sequestered in their homes.

“Having this amount of picks alleviates some of that stress in college free agency, just because of the situation we’re dealing with right now,” Spielman said. “A lot of those guys that we like, if they did get to free agency you’d have to be battling with [other teams].”
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-tak ... 569940452/
Instead of using the picks on the guys that everyone wants, we traded them for more picks to be used on the guys that nobody plans on drafting. That's the logic? Seriously?
About 30% of NFL rosters are made up of Undrafted Free Agents.

I didn’t follow day three very close and am not sure if there is something in particular you are pointing to.

But in general moving down in the draft that late, odds are still pretty high you can get a guy you have your eyes on.

By having more picks the Vikings now have control over all the players they chose obviously. They will have to be less active in the undrafted free agency portion because they essentially did that late yesterday. And now don’t have to compete against other teams In that process.

They had 7 pics in rounds 1-4 and hit many of their needs. I actually think this was a good strategy for the late rounds.

**And In the process of maneuvering around in the late rounds, they picked up a 4th round and 5th for next year.**

I don’t see many issues with this draft at all. Now what really matter how many can they develop into legitimate NFL Players.

Pro Football graded the Vikes A. Packers Grade D!
One big thing you touched on that was confirmed already: Brian Cole, the safety they picked at 249, was already in talks and had agreed to an UDFA contract with the Seahawks. Vikings took him so they didn't have to try to get into a bidding war.

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14447
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 114 times
Age: 52

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Apr 27 7:34 am

Good. I hate the Seachickens.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Mon Apr 27 7:52 am

Of the 90 players on the roster currently, 53 players are first or second year guys.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Mon Apr 27 1:10 pm

Was just reading thru a draft grade article:


Vikings B+

Packers F

:ahhh:
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Apr 27 1:30 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Mon Apr 27 1:10 pm
Was just reading thru a draft grade article:


Vikings B+

Packers F

:ahhh:
A summary of several major draft graders. Vikings with top grade and Packers with bottom.

My guess is Thor Nystrom from Rotoworld is an Eagles fan. :lol:


User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4921
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopher6 » Thu May 07 1:03 pm

Queens to play at Saints Christmas Day

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by frozen4champs » Mon May 11 8:02 am

Former Vikings D line coach dies. It seemed like he was her longer than 3 years.

Regarded by some as the greatest defensive line coach of all time, Teerlinck established an NFL presence in the early 1990s. "John Teerlinck is kind of like Mr. Miyagi", John Randle said. "He's very unorthodox. A different breed. Rough around the edges. He tells you things that are funny, but they register if you just listen. That's why he's the guru."[2] He is the namesake of the John Teerlinck Award, given annually to the best defensive line coach in the NFL.[3]

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4921
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopher6 » Wed May 20 4:20 pm

Bud Grant 93rd BDay today👌

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Jun 08 4:49 pm


User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Posts: 1205
Joined: Tue Jul 29 12:50 pm
Location: Mortgage Business
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 44 times
Age: 49
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Tue Jun 09 11:16 am

I can't blame Cook for wanting to get paid. Hell, he deserves every penny he can squeeze out of the purple. Selfishly, I worry about the salary cap and want him to just play for the love of the game, not dollars :).

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Jul 22 6:33 pm

Zimmer extended

User avatar
Aldy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri May 11 1:53 pm
Location: Section 24
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Age: 63

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Aldy » Wed Jul 22 7:47 pm

I received an email from the Vikings on Monday that gives season ticket holders the option to opt out of the 2020 season without any negative impact to purchase season tickets in 2021. Given that fans who do attend games can expect a different game day experience that will include a face-covering requirement, stadium seating reconfigurations, staggered entrance times and other mandated protocols, I think my best option is to watch their games from the comfort of my house this year.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10331
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 37

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by team22tank » Wed Jul 22 7:49 pm

Aldy wrote:
Wed Jul 22 7:47 pm
I received an email from the Vikings on Monday that gives season ticket holders the option to opt out of the 2020 season without any negative impact to purchase season tickets in 2021. Given that fans who do attend games can expect a different game day experience that will include a face-covering requirement, stadium seating reconfigurations, staggered entrance times and other mandated protocols, I think my best option is to watch their games from the comfort of my house this year.
I haven’t been paying much attention about fans being able to go to games this year. But I did catch a headline this morning. Does it sound like there will be fans in some capacity at the beginning of the season or is the thought later on?

User avatar
sunbone
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8588
Joined: Fri Feb 11 2:18 pm
Location: PWC
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 95 times
Age: 53

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by sunbone » Wed Jul 22 8:30 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jul 22 6:33 pm
Zimmer extended
Wonder if this means Spielman is getting an extension. Hope not.

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 90 times
Age: 34

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Snowcool08 » Wed Jul 22 8:54 pm

sunbone wrote:
Wed Jul 22 8:30 pm
Wonder if this means Spielman is getting an extension. Hope not.
Why not?

User avatar
Aldy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri May 11 1:53 pm
Location: Section 24
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Age: 63

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Aldy » Thu Jul 23 7:56 pm

team22tank wrote:
Wed Jul 22 7:49 pm
Aldy wrote:
Wed Jul 22 7:47 pm
I received an email from the Vikings on Monday that gives season ticket holders the option to opt out of the 2020 season without any negative impact to purchase season tickets in 2021. Given that fans who do attend games can expect a different game day experience that will include a face-covering requirement, stadium seating reconfigurations, staggered entrance times and other mandated protocols, I think my best option is to watch their games from the comfort of my house this year.
I haven’t been paying much attention about fans being able to go to games this year. But I did catch a headline this morning. Does it sound like there will be fans in some capacity at the beginning of the season or is the thought later on?
There may be fans at some capacity but I don't think the Vikings know when that will be at this time. The email mentioned that games may be played without fans or played with a reduced capacity that limits attendance. If the attendance is limited, fans with seat licences will be given priority.

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4921
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopher6 » Mon Jul 27 12:44 pm

Eric Sugarman test positive for COVID-19

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Jul 27 12:48 pm

Literally the team's "Infection Control Officer".
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Mon Jul 27 8:20 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Jul 27 12:48 pm
Literally the team's "Infection Control Officer".
This is only the beginning. Wait til these leagues get to playoff games and players test positive.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Jul 27 8:57 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Mon Jul 27 8:20 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Jul 27 12:48 pm
Literally the team's "Infection Control Officer".
This is only the beginning. Wait til these leagues get to playoff games and players test positive.
There won’t be playoffs unless they postpone to play into spring. I’d be shocked to see a start.

I am looking forward to seeing how they handle the draft order if there is no season.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Jul 28 12:06 am

NFL Top 100 is being posted to YT.
https://www.youtube.com/nfl

40 left. Think Thielen might have fallen off the 100, but the monster Danielle Hunter will be the team's highest ranked player.

Oh ya, Dalvin could be up there, too.

Cousins 58
H Smith 64
Kendricks 83
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3336
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 200 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Karlsson » Tue Jul 28 12:10 pm

Big free agent signing Michael Pierce opts out of this season due to COVID-19 concerns.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Jul 28 12:20 pm

Well, when the season actually starts in 2021 does the opt out still apply?
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Tue Jul 28 9:58 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Jul 27 8:57 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Mon Jul 27 8:20 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Jul 27 12:48 pm
Literally the team's "Infection Control Officer".
This is only the beginning. Wait til these leagues get to playoff games and players test positive.
There won’t be playoffs unless they postpone to play into spring. I’d be shocked to see a start.

I am looking forward to seeing how they handle the draft order if there is no season.
NBA and NHL are basically starting back up with playoffs
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4921
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopher6 » Thu Jul 30 4:04 pm

Anthony Barr tested positive for COVID 19

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Jul 30 4:38 pm

No bubble = no NFL season in the fall
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2898
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 43 times
Age: 27

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by YoungEagle » Thu Jul 30 4:42 pm

Anthony Barr may have it or he came into contact with someone who had COVID-19, and they changed his roster status, but they did not release that he tested positive.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Aug 08 7:40 pm


User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Sat Aug 08 9:30 pm

Yeesh

User avatar
coondog
Golden
Golden
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Feb 11 5:48 pm
Location: Michigan, heart still in MN
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by coondog » Fri Aug 14 2:58 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sat Apr 18 2:51 am
Moss Carter Cousins Smith Shiancoe
this. but would like to be able to use white instead of shiancoe and go to a three receiver set. White and Cousins are the best values on the board, but hard to leave off two HOFers as WRs

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2775
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by D2D » Thu Aug 20 12:38 pm

Vikings trying to get fans into the seats at U.S. Bank Stadium for opener next month
Team says no more than a fifth of the seats would be filled.

If approved, it'll be interesting to see how much demand to attend there is.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 90 times
Age: 34

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Snowcool08 » Thu Aug 20 1:08 pm

D2D wrote:
Thu Aug 20 12:38 pm
Vikings trying to get fans into the seats at U.S. Bank Stadium for opener next month
Team says no more than a fifth of the seats would be filled.

If approved, it'll be interesting to see how much demand to attend there is.
I bet they could sell the stadium to damn near capacity if they wanted to. The people will show up.

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4921
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopher6 » Thu Aug 20 2:00 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Thu Aug 20 1:08 pm
D2D wrote:
Thu Aug 20 12:38 pm
Vikings trying to get fans into the seats at U.S. Bank Stadium for opener next month
Team says no more than a fifth of the seats would be filled.

If approved, it'll be interesting to see how much demand to attend there is.
I bet they could sell the stadium to damn near capacity if they wanted to. The people will show up.
3250 to be let in?

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Aug 20 2:47 pm

gopher6 wrote:
Thu Aug 20 2:00 pm
Snowcool08 wrote:
Thu Aug 20 1:08 pm
D2D wrote:
Thu Aug 20 12:38 pm
Vikings trying to get fans into the seats at U.S. Bank Stadium for opener next month
Team says no more than a fifth of the seats would be filled.

If approved, it'll be interesting to see how much demand to attend there is.
I bet they could sell the stadium to damn near capacity if they wanted to. The people will show up.
3250 to be let in?
66,000 x 0.2 = 13,200

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10331
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 37

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by team22tank » Thu Aug 20 6:57 pm

I don’t see what the issue is if masks are required.

Masks stop the virus.

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Aug 20 8:28 pm

team22tank wrote:
Thu Aug 20 6:57 pm
I don’t see what the issue is if masks are required.

Masks stop the virus.
Literally no one has ever said that
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2775
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by D2D » Thu Aug 20 9:31 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Aug 20 8:28 pm
team22tank wrote:
Thu Aug 20 6:57 pm
I don’t see what the issue is if masks are required.

Masks stop the virus.
Literally no one has ever said that
I'm certainly no expert on the subject (and I'm beginning to question if anyone really is!) but my understanding is no mask stops 100% of the microscopic droplets. Surgical masks are the best, although not perfect, followed by N95's which are slightly less effective, followed by everything else ("Who Knows?") because of the wide-ranging degree of materials and fit.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9172
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 48

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Steve MN » Thu Aug 20 9:44 pm

D2D wrote:
Thu Aug 20 9:31 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Aug 20 8:28 pm
team22tank wrote:
Thu Aug 20 6:57 pm
I don’t see what the issue is if masks are required.

Masks stop the virus.
Literally no one has ever said that
I'm certainly no expert on the subject (and I'm beginning to question if anyone really is!) but my understanding is no mask stops 100% of the microscopic droplets. Surgical masks are the best, although not perfect, followed by N95's which are slightly less effective, followed by everything else ("Who Knows?") because of the wide-ranging degree of materials and fit.
I believe N95s are better than Surgical masks, especially with how they're fitted. Both are way above the "everything else." And nothing short of a full hazmat type suit or military anti-nuclear/biological/chemical gear really gets to 100% effective.

Having said that, if people do wear masks (even the cloth masks that most people use these days) that's a definite help, especially if the infected person wears one, as it helps stop the spread of the virus from them in the first place, and if you're not infected, not breathing in the particles helps as well. Masks aren't about eliminating the spread, they're about minimizing the spread.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31690
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 247 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by The Rube » Thu Aug 20 10:03 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Aug 20 8:28 pm
team22tank wrote:
Thu Aug 20 6:57 pm
I don’t see what the issue is if masks are required.

Masks stop the virus.
Literally no one has ever said that
It severely limits the risk. No more, no less. That's it. And most everyone is saying that part.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7782
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 463 times
Age: 33

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Aug 20 10:04 pm

And reducing the virus load, which can reduce the degree of illness if you are infected.

Hoping it was a facetious comment.....

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Aug 20 10:28 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Thu Aug 20 9:44 pm
D2D wrote:
Thu Aug 20 9:31 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Aug 20 8:28 pm
team22tank wrote:
Thu Aug 20 6:57 pm
I don’t see what the issue is if masks are required.

Masks stop the virus.
Literally no one has ever said that
I'm certainly no expert on the subject (and I'm beginning to question if anyone really is!) but my understanding is no mask stops 100% of the microscopic droplets. Surgical masks are the best, although not perfect, followed by N95's which are slightly less effective, followed by everything else ("Who Knows?") because of the wide-ranging degree of materials and fit.
I believe N95s are better than Surgical masks, especially with how they're fitted. Both are way above the "everything else." And nothing short of a full hazmat type suit or military anti-nuclear/biological/chemical gear really gets to 100% effective.

Having said that, if people do wear masks (even the cloth masks that most people use these days) that's a definite help, especially if the infected person wears one, as it helps stop the spread of the virus from them in the first place, and if you're not infected, not breathing in the particles helps as well. Masks aren't about eliminating the spread, they're about minimizing the spread.
N95 respirators protect the wearer by blocking small particles (and viruses) from being inhaled. But IIRC the exhale is not filtered and if the wearer has the virus, it can be spread.

A cloth mask, like a surgical mask, protects people near the wearer by blocking much of the wearer’s exhale/cough/sneeze. But it does not protect the wearer as much as a respirator. Of course the designs vary greatly and thus the degree of protection is near impossible to measure across the board.

Both respirators and masks reduce viral load of the wearer which can reduce the severity of the illness.

I believe many people working in health care these days wear a mask over their N95 respirator to protect themselves and the patients.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31690
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 247 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by The Rube » Thu Aug 20 10:33 pm

And N95 is named as such because it's 95% effective. Not 100%.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Aug 20 10:57 pm

The Rube wrote:
Thu Aug 20 10:03 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Aug 20 8:28 pm
team22tank wrote:
Thu Aug 20 6:57 pm
I don’t see what the issue is if masks are required.

Masks stop the virus.
Literally no one has ever said that
It severely limits the risk. No more, no less. That's it. And most everyone is saying that part.
I assumed that was a sarcastic RL post, I apologize if I was wrongly judging from the source
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Aug 30 7:35 am

Vikings get All Pro pass rusher from Jaguars.
Last edited by frozen4champs on Sun Aug 30 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Sun Aug 30 7:36 am

Vikings trade for Yannick Ngakoue.

Him and Danielle Hunter on the ends? Yikes. Good luck other QBs.

Dang it. He beat me by like 3 seconds.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
FargoGopher7
Golden
Golden
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun Feb 07 10:00 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Age: 36

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by FargoGopher7 » Sun Aug 30 8:30 am

This injury with hunter could be worse then we know

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4921
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopher6 » Sun Aug 30 11:48 am

Beauner wrote:
Sun Aug 30 7:36 am
Vikings trade for Yannick Ngakoue.

Him and Danielle Hunter on the ends? Yikes. Good luck other QBs.

Dang it. He beat me by like 3 seconds.
It’s only a 1 year contract

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Aug 30 12:55 pm

FargoGopher7 wrote:
Sun Aug 30 8:30 am
This injury with hunter could be worse then we know
Hopefully they are being extremely cautious and this isn’t a move to replace Hunter.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Aug 30 1:07 pm

That would be depressing but not surprising given how often we see injury replacement type moves come together quickly.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Sun Aug 30 1:36 pm

FargoGopher7 wrote:
Sun Aug 30 8:30 am
This injury with hunter could be worse then we know
This doesn't make sense unless Hunter's injury is worse than thought. Why trade away high draft picks go after another DE instead of a CB (especially for a 1 year contract)?

If it truly is a 1 year deal, I am not loving this.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Sun Aug 30 6:41 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Sun Aug 30 1:36 pm
FargoGopher7 wrote:
Sun Aug 30 8:30 am
This injury with hunter could be worse then we know
This doesn't make sense unless Hunter's injury is worse than thought. Why trade away high draft picks go after another DE instead of a CB (especially for a 1 year contract)?

If it truly is a 1 year deal, I am not loving this.
Because other than Hunter we have no defensive line? Griffen is gone, Linval is gone, Michael Pierce is sitting out. It would have been Hunter and a rotation of 6-7 guys who fill niche roles.

I'd be shocked if they don't bring Ngakoue back. Especially since he said the Vikings were one of the few teams he'd take less money for if he got traded.

The Hunter injury is concerning, obviously. But the rumors of Ngakoue being a trade target for the Vikings date back to before the 2020 draft even happened.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4921
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopher6 » Mon Aug 31 9:34 am

gopher6 wrote:
Sun Aug 30 11:48 am
Beauner wrote:
Sun Aug 30 7:36 am
Vikings trade for Yannick Ngakoue.

Him and Danielle Hunter on the ends? Yikes. Good luck other QBs.

Dang it. He beat me by like 3 seconds.
It’s only a 1 year contract
And he took a pay cut in his new contract with the Queens

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 31 1:35 pm

Seeing on Twitter that the Vikings are asking Rieff to restructure his contract (not surprising). If he doesn't, he seems to believe he'll be released.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
FargoGopher7
Golden
Golden
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun Feb 07 10:00 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Age: 36

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by FargoGopher7 » Mon Aug 31 3:17 pm

Beauner wrote:
Mon Aug 31 1:35 pm
Seeing on Twitter that the Vikings are asking Rieff to restructure his contract (not surprising). If he doesn't, he seems to believe he'll be released.
Sounds like he is already saying goodbye to his teammates!!

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16765
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 392 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Sep 02 12:01 pm

Cousins had an Ivan Drago like comment regarding Covid.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10331
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 37

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by team22tank » Wed Sep 02 12:13 pm

FargoGopher7 wrote:
Mon Aug 31 3:17 pm
Beauner wrote:
Mon Aug 31 1:35 pm
Seeing on Twitter that the Vikings are asking Rieff to restructure his contract (not surprising). If he doesn't, he seems to believe he'll be released.
Sounds like he is already saying goodbye to his teammates!!
I thought I heard this as well or did hear it. But there must have been a change of heart, sounds like he is staying and they restructured.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5989
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times
Age: 54

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Sep 03 5:57 pm

God, I love Tommy Kramer.

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Sep 03 11:32 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Sep 02 12:01 pm
Cousins had an Ivan Drago like comment regarding Covid.
When you listen to the whole audio and not cherry picked quotes it’s not a big deal. He was talking about his personal beliefs that his faith will determine his fate (but no one is gonna talk about how stupid that is). He wears a mask, follows protocols and is respectful of others. Nuff said.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31690
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 247 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by The Rube » Thu Sep 03 11:37 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Sep 03 11:32 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Sep 02 12:01 pm
Cousins had an Ivan Drago like comment regarding Covid.
When you listen to the whole audio and not cherry picked quotes it’s not a big deal. He was talking about his personal beliefs that his faith will determine his fate (but no one is gonna talk about how stupid that is). He wears a mask, follows protocols and is respectful of others. Nuff said.
He's kind of along my lines of thinking. I'll follow the rules, but if God's gonna pull my string, He's gonna do just that.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16765
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 392 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Sep 04 2:11 am

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Sep 03 11:32 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Sep 02 12:01 pm
Cousins had an Ivan Drago like comment regarding Covid.
When you listen to the whole audio and not cherry picked quotes it’s not a big deal. He was talking about his personal beliefs that his faith will determine his fate (but no one is gonna talk about how stupid that is). He wears a mask, follows protocols and is respectful of others. Nuff said.
I didn't criticize him I was having fun with it.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Sep 04 5:33 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Thu Sep 03 5:57 pm
God, I love Tommy Kramer.
The Favre photo above the Packers urinal is perfect.

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4921
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopher6 » Wed Sep 09 3:28 pm

Danielle Hunter put on injured Reserve list

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2898
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 43 times
Age: 27

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by YoungEagle » Wed Sep 09 3:32 pm

Yikes. Will Ifedi be the replacement there?
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2775
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by D2D » Wed Sep 09 3:48 pm

YoungEagle wrote:
Wed Sep 09 3:32 pm
Yikes. Will Ifedi be the replacement there?
From the Star Tribune:

"The Vikings’ trade for former Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue comes into clearer focus. Ifeadi Odenigbo, who was a starter before the Ngakoue trade, is expected to step back into the lineup for Hunter during Sunday’s opener against the Packers."
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Sep 09 3:58 pm

So Dalvin is disheartened so see other stunning backs such as Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara get new contracts while he still has to play on his rookie deal?

Kamara has over 4400 yards over the last 3 years with 37 touchdowns.

Hunt, who has also missed significant playing time has 3400 combined yards and 28 TDs. He also plays for the Browns.

Cook has 3000 combined yards and 19 TDs.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41099030-4

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10331
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 37

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by team22tank » Wed Sep 09 6:15 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Sep 09 3:58 pm
So Dalvin is disheartened so see other stunning backs such as Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara get new contracts while he still has to play on his rookie deal?

Kamara has over 4400 yards over the last 3 years with 37 touchdowns.

Hunt, who has also missed significant playing time has 3400 combined yards and 28 TDs. He also plays for the Browns.

Cook has 3000 combined yards and 19 TDs.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41099030-4
What?

Did you read what you linked?

Dalvin Cook on whether it's disheartening to see other running backs like Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt and soon to Alvin Kamara signing new deals while he still doesn't have one: "I’ve never been a guy to look at this guy or look at that guy. Everybody is human. You go out and bust your tail and do what you’ve got to do and you expect a reward to come behind that. I just hope the Vikings and my agent come to an agreement of a deal that values me. Until then, I’ve just got to wait my turn."

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Sep 09 6:28 pm

team22tank wrote:
Wed Sep 09 6:15 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Sep 09 3:58 pm
So Dalvin is disheartened so see other stunning backs such as Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara get new contracts while he still has to play on his rookie deal?

Kamara has over 4400 yards over the last 3 years with 37 touchdowns.

Hunt, who has also missed significant playing time has 3400 combined yards and 28 TDs. He also plays for the Browns.

Cook has 3000 combined yards and 19 TDs.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41099030-4
What?

Did you read what you linked?

Dalvin Cook on whether it's disheartening to see other running backs like Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt and soon to Alvin Kamara signing new deals while he still doesn't have one: "I’ve never been a guy to look at this guy or look at that guy. Everybody is human. You go out and bust your tail and do what you’ve got to do and you expect a reward to come behind that. I just hope the Vikings and my agent come to an agreement of a deal that values me. Until then, I’ve just got to wait my turn."
Yes, I misread it.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Sep 09 7:33 pm

Hunter to IR, obviously after big signing covering him.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Post Reply