Vikings 2020 season

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Apr 17 11:24 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri Apr 17 11:09 am
Qb $4 Fran
RB $4 Chuck
Wr1 $1 White
Wr 2 $5 Carter
TE $1 Shiancoe
Carter over Moss?

User avatar
minnhkyruls
Golden
Golden
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Aug 30 9:03 am
Location: Sartell
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by minnhkyruls » Fri Apr 17 12:06 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Apr 17 11:24 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri Apr 17 11:09 am
Qb $4 Fran
RB $4 Chuck
Wr1 $1 White
Wr 2 $5 Carter
TE $1 Shiancoe
Carter over Moss?
All he does is catch TD’s

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1452
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 131 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by 00xtremeninja » Fri Apr 17 5:29 pm

I'm not a Vikings fan in the least and I know there is debate of Carter and moss, but from my observations over the years, I always preferred Carter for his hands and he seemed like less of a diva
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Sat Apr 18 2:51 am

Moss Carter Cousins Smith Shiancoe
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Butters Stotch
Rookie
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Oct 20 8:20 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Butters Stotch » Sat Apr 18 7:56 am

QB: Cunningham $2
RB: Cook $2
WR1: Moss $5
WR2 : Carter $5
TE: Shiancoe $1

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Sat Apr 18 10:18 am

Cunningham, Smith, Moss, Reed, and Kleinsasser.

But no Dennis Green.

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 993
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Mon Apr 20 11:57 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Sat Apr 18 10:18 am
Cunningham, Smith, Moss, Reed, and Kleinsasser.

But no Dennis Green.
You'd take him over Steckel though, right? :wink:

User avatar
MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Apr 10 9:14 pm
Location: Lakeville, MN
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by MNNavy » Mon Apr 20 2:06 pm

Five-HoleFrenzy wrote:
Mon Apr 20 11:57 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Sat Apr 18 10:18 am
Cunningham, Smith, Moss, Reed, and Kleinsasser.

But no Dennis Green.
You'd take him over Steckel though, right? :wink:
I would. I'd also take him over Brad Childress and Leslie Frazier.
It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. - Thomas Sowell

User avatar
Border Gopher
Veteran
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Nov 28 5:48 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Border Gopher » Mon Apr 20 8:08 pm

5 favre
2 cook
5 moss
2 reed
1 shiancoe
"A real man makes his own puck luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Tue Apr 21 12:02 am

NFL draft this weekend.
Really interested to see what the Vikings do. They have tons of capital to move up but could also feasibly move down and still get players to help while accumulating more (theoretically to move up in another round). I've had a bit of fun playing armchair GM on a couple mock draft simulation sites.

It sounds like they are making progress on an extension for Anthony Harris too. Probably a good thing, although it makes it less likely that they'd take Antoine Winfield Jr. which would be disappointing. Unless they think he could convert to the hybrid nickel they used a lot last year (primarily with Jayron Kearse).

I'm of the belief that they'll go OT/DE or OT/CB if they stand pat at 22 and 25. I've seen and heard rumors that they may try to package 22 and a 3rd and maybe a late round pick to move up to 15-17 range to try to secure one of the top 4 OTs or top 2-3 CBs. If they stand pat we could end up with Stefon Diggs younger brother 🤣
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Apr 21 9:34 am

Beauner wrote:
Tue Apr 21 12:02 am
NFL draft this weekend.
Really interested to see what the Vikings do. They have tons of capital to move up but could also feasibly move down and still get players to help while accumulating more (theoretically to move up in another round). I've had a bit of fun playing armchair GM on a couple mock draft simulation sites.

It sounds like they are making progress on an extension for Anthony Harris too. Probably a good thing, although it makes it less likely that they'd take Antoine Winfield Jr. which would be disappointing. Unless they think he could convert to the hybrid nickel they used a lot last year (primarily with Jayron Kearse).

I'm of the belief that they'll go OT/DE or OT/CB if they stand pat at 22 and 25. I've seen and heard rumors that they may try to package 22 and a 3rd and maybe a late round pick to move up to 15-17 range to try to secure one of the top 4 OTs or top 2-3 CBs. If they stand pat we could end up with Stefon Diggs younger brother 🤣
I think they know better than to draft Diggs.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Tue Apr 21 7:45 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Apr 21 9:34 am
Beauner wrote:
Tue Apr 21 12:02 am
NFL draft this weekend.
Really interested to see what the Vikings do. They have tons of capital to move up but could also feasibly move down and still get players to help while accumulating more (theoretically to move up in another round). I've had a bit of fun playing armchair GM on a couple mock draft simulation sites.

It sounds like they are making progress on an extension for Anthony Harris too. Probably a good thing, although it makes it less likely that they'd take Antoine Winfield Jr. which would be disappointing. Unless they think he could convert to the hybrid nickel they used a lot last year (primarily with Jayron Kearse).

I'm of the belief that they'll go OT/DE or OT/CB if they stand pat at 22 and 25. I've seen and heard rumors that they may try to package 22 and a 3rd and maybe a late round pick to move up to 15-17 range to try to secure one of the top 4 OTs or top 2-3 CBs. If they stand pat we could end up with Stefon Diggs younger brother 🤣
I think they know better than to draft Diggs.
Well Trevon would only have himself to blame if he's not getting the ball 🤣
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Thu Apr 23 11:48 am

This is funny right here

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Apr 23 12:11 pm

The appeal of the draft has gone down a lot over time for me since the grade can't come for a few years, and MN sports, but I did notice Sling is broadcasting the first round tonight for free. No CC needed apparently.

This is interesting as I paused my YTTV for now. Not that finding a stream online would be hard.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Thu Apr 23 1:32 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Apr 23 12:11 pm
The appeal of the draft has gone down a lot over time for me since the grade can't come for a few years, and MN sports, but I did notice Sling is broadcasting the first round tonight for free. No CC needed apparently.

This is interesting as I paused my YTTV for now. Not that finding a stream online would be hard.
IIRC it will also be on ABC if you have an antenna.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Apr 23 2:54 pm

Beauner wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:48 am
This is funny right here

I wish I knew all those players.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Apr 23 5:58 pm

First mock I've looked at, but has us taking two LSU guys? Love it! SEC!
https://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30000 ... loa-slides
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Thu Apr 23 8:37 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Thu Apr 23 2:54 pm
Beauner wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:48 am
This is funny right here

I wish I knew all those players.
Anthony Barr
Alexander Mattison
Bryan O'Neil
Adam Thielen
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5900
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Apr 23 9:19 pm

Beauner wrote:
Thu Apr 23 8:37 pm
gopherguy06 wrote:
Thu Apr 23 2:54 pm
Beauner wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:48 am
This is funny right here

I wish I knew all those players.
Anthony Barr
Alexander Mattison
Bryan O'Neill 💰
Adam Thielen
FYP 🤠

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Apr 23 9:30 pm

Lamb and Jeudy gone. Maybe the Eagles won’t take Jefferson

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Apr 23 9:49 pm

Justin Jefferson come on down
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Apr 23 9:49 pm

On the clock. Has to be Jefferson

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Apr 23 10:01 pm

Suppose we can't take Diggs' brother...
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 993
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Thu Apr 23 10:01 pm

VIkings don't have the greatest recent history with 1st round WR...

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5900
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Apr 23 10:03 pm

Five-HoleFrenzy wrote:
Thu Apr 23 10:01 pm
VIkings don't have the greatest recent history with 1st round WR...
I’ll guarantee Jefferson is better than Treadwell & Williamson (combined) 😉 :good2:

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Apr 23 10:04 pm

They don't have the greatest 1st round history period lately. You could say the same about CB with the way they fell apart last year. And I'm pretty sure at least one lineman drafted after him is looking to be much better than Bradbury.

Seems he was the BPA at need positions.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Apr 23 10:14 pm

Traded back, no surprise. Moved back to 31
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Apr 23 10:16 pm

Possibly Winfield at 31?
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Apr 23 10:20 pm

I missed that his stock went this high. Thought he was a 2nd rounder based on mocks but haven't paid close enough attention

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Apr 23 10:30 pm

If the kid from Alabama is still available and you're taking a safety, it'll be the Bama kid.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Apr 23 11:03 pm

Name a more iconic duo: You know what I mean
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5900
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Apr 23 11:04 pm

No surprise...Zimmer gets a CB in the 1st Round, let’s hope this one pans out ☝️

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Apr 23 11:05 pm

They seemed to make that pick very quickly so that must have been their target in moving back
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Apr 23 11:05 pm

Ha let's hope this one works out.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Apr 23 11:05 pm

Need some OL help bigly

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Apr 23 11:05 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:05 pm
They seemed to make that pick very quickly so that must have been their target in moving back
Diggs' brother was the highest rated CB left on the board. Gotta hope he flops compared to this kid.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Apr 23 11:06 pm

Cue the “no oline help with 2 1st round pics” criticism
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5900
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 122 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Apr 23 11:09 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:06 pm
Cue the “no oline help with 2 1st round pics” criticism
It’s worse for another team: Carnac the Magnificent:
Answer: Tuesday afternoon. Question: When will Brett Favre stop laughing.🔥😭 :biggrin2:

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Apr 23 11:09 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:06 pm
Cue the “no oline help with 2 1st round pics” criticism
Cue the "Not a real contender anymore and therefore holes at CB, WR, and OL and can't get three positions with two picks".
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Apr 24 12:29 am

Jefferson seems to stick to shorter routes which is good for Kirk and his stats lol. His teammate coming out next year looks like an absolute beast compared to him in this video.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Apr 24 2:17 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Apr 24 12:29 am
Jefferson seems to stick to shorter routes which is good for Kirk and his stats lol. His teammate coming out next year looks like an absolute beast compared to him in this video.
They said on NFL network that Jefferson is a slot receiver.... like Thielen.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10331
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 37

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by team22tank » Fri Apr 24 7:33 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:09 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:06 pm
Cue the “no oline help with 2 1st round pics” criticism
Cue the "Not a real contender anymore and therefore holes at CB, WR, and OL and can't get three positions with two picks".
Most fans are complete rubes. And a good portion of that contingent are complete emotional rubes.

On another note the Vikings have 12 more picks in the draft. 7 picks rounds 2-5. One In the 2nd, and then two each in 3rd, 4th, 5th.

They don’t need all those picks so they should be able to make some moves and go after the players they want from here on out.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14447
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 114 times
Age: 52

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Apr 24 7:42 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:09 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:06 pm
Cue the “no oline help with 2 1st round pics” criticism
Cue the "Not a real contender anymore and therefore holes at CB, WR, and OL and can't get three positions with two picks".
I watched the draft last night. While I wanted an offensive lineman more than anything I recognized at both picks that there wasn't any value there. So, I agree with the picks they made. If Zimmer thinks this is a cornerback he wants. Great. And they needed a receiver. Let's hope their history of bombing on receivers in the first round ends with this draft.

Now they need to find the second round offensive lineman that wasn't going to go in the first round but is ready to play. He's out there. Just go get him.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10331
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 37

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by team22tank » Fri Apr 24 8:00 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Apr 24 7:42 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:09 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:06 pm
Cue the “no oline help with 2 1st round pics” criticism
Cue the "Not a real contender anymore and therefore holes at CB, WR, and OL and can't get three positions with two picks".
I watched the draft last night. While I wanted an offensive lineman more than anything I recognized at both picks that there wasn't any value there. So, I agree with the picks they made. If Zimmer thinks this is a cornerback he wants. Great. And they needed a receiver. Let's hope their history of bombing on receivers in the first round ends with this draft.

Now they need to find the second round offensive lineman that wasn't going to go in the first round but is ready to play. He's out there. Just go get him.
I agree.

It was important whichever two players they drafted last night could come in and contribute next year.

If Olinemen at 31 is similar to other second rounds or even 3rd then it’s not even much of a discussion. My take is most people feel like the Vikes had a pretty solid night.

The Vikes also drafted Dru Samia last year in the 4th a big guard from Oklahoma. You just never hear much about the guys that “red shirt” their rookie year.

I would expect a couple of Oline pics in the middle rounds.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10331
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 37

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by team22tank » Fri Apr 24 8:03 am

Also hearing that the Vikings are in on Williams LT from Washington. With the number of draft picks the Vikes have they could reasonably give Washington a package they want.

Washington has been holding firm on their asking price, they don’t want to just give him a way. Sounds like the Browns are out.

Could be an interesting day.

User avatar
Border Gopher
Veteran
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Nov 28 5:48 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Border Gopher » Fri Apr 24 8:13 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Apr 24 2:17 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Apr 24 12:29 am
Jefferson seems to stick to shorter routes which is good for Kirk and his stats lol. His teammate coming out next year looks like an absolute beast compared to him in this video.
They said on NFL network that Jefferson is a slot receiver.... like Thielen.
He might be better in the slot, but he played on the outside until last season.
"A real man makes his own puck luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14447
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 114 times
Age: 52

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Apr 24 8:24 am

team22tank wrote:
Fri Apr 24 8:03 am
Also hearing that the Vikings are in on Williams LT from Washington. With the number of draft picks the Vikes have they could reasonably give Washington a package they want.

Washington has been holding firm on their asking price, they don’t want to just give him a way. Sounds like the Browns are out.

Could be an interesting day.
Heard that as well. If they make that trade that does a lot to help the line out.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Border Gopher
Veteran
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Nov 28 5:48 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Border Gopher » Fri Apr 24 8:33 am

Williams is looking for a payday. Are they able to fit him under the cap for the next few seasons?
"A real man makes his own puck luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14447
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 114 times
Age: 52

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Apr 24 8:36 am

Border Gopher wrote:
Fri Apr 24 8:33 am
Williams is looking for a payday. Are they able to fit him under the cap for the next few seasons?
That could be a problem. Either way it doesn't change what they did in the draft last night.

Vikings newest wide receiver caught 92.3% of this contested targets in 2019. Best in college football.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Posts: 20330
Joined: Sat Oct 02 8:53 pm
Location: Maple Grove
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 62 times
Age: 29

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy13 » Fri Apr 24 8:38 am

Border Gopher wrote:
Fri Apr 24 8:13 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Apr 24 2:17 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Apr 24 12:29 am
Jefferson seems to stick to shorter routes which is good for Kirk and his stats lol. His teammate coming out next year looks like an absolute beast compared to him in this video.
They said on NFL network that Jefferson is a slot receiver.... like Thielen.
He might be better in the slot, but he played on the outside until last season.
Plus, Thielen is definitely no slouch when split out wide.
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10331
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 37

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by team22tank » Fri Apr 24 9:02 am

gopherguy13 wrote:
Fri Apr 24 8:38 am
Border Gopher wrote:
Fri Apr 24 8:13 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Apr 24 2:17 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Apr 24 12:29 am
Jefferson seems to stick to shorter routes which is good for Kirk and his stats lol. His teammate coming out next year looks like an absolute beast compared to him in this video.
They said on NFL network that Jefferson is a slot receiver.... like Thielen.
He might be better in the slot, but he played on the outside until last season.
Plus, Thielen is definitely no slouch when split out wide.
It’s such a skills competition these days. So many of these guys are off the charts with their physical specs. They are a dime a dozen.

The real key is finding guys that can do all the little things to go with the physical gifts. So when I hear a guy is a slot receiver that tells me he knows how to run a route. Because you can’t play the slot otherwise.

Slot guys are just as physically gifted today as the outside guys. It’s no longer just the guy willing to go over the middle or get dirty.

So long story short. I like that’s how he is advertised, shows he can play some football.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Fri Apr 24 11:16 am

gopherguy06 wrote:
Thu Apr 23 11:05 pm
Need some OL help bigly
12 picks to use in a trade for LT Trent Williams :wink:
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Fri Apr 24 11:24 am

Border Gopher wrote:
Fri Apr 24 8:33 am
Williams is looking for a payday. Are they able to fit him under the cap for the next few seasons?
If they trade for Williams it likely means Riley Rieff is either released or reworks his contract.
The other move that would make sense, money-wise, is trading Anthony Harris (currently $11 million cap hit with the franchise tag) if they are not able to reach a reasonable extension.

With the quality of safeties in the second round (Winfield, Delpit, McKinney) it would not shock me if they traded Harris, trade for Williams (maybe swap them in the trade since Washington essentially has Landon Collins and a black hole) and then moved up to nab one of those 3. Hopefully Winfield, as he seems to be the most flexible in terms of coverage etc.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
fightclub30
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Apr 18 9:45 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 42 times
Age: 34

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by fightclub30 » Fri Apr 24 2:35 pm

Beauner wrote:
Fri Apr 24 11:24 am
Border Gopher wrote:
Fri Apr 24 8:33 am
Williams is looking for a payday. Are they able to fit him under the cap for the next few seasons?
If they trade for Williams it likely means Riley Rieff is either released or reworks his contract.
The other move that would make sense, money-wise, is trading Anthony Harris (currently $11 million cap hit with the franchise tag) if they are not able to reach a reasonable extension.

With the quality of safeties in the second round (Winfield, Delpit, McKinney) it would not shock me if they traded Harris, trade for Williams (maybe swap them in the trade since Washington essentially has Landon Collins and a black hole) and then moved up to nab one of those 3. Hopefully Winfield, as he seems to be the most flexible in terms of coverage etc.
Not even a sieve or a funnel or vacuum? Straight to black hole? he must really S**K!





man I miss hockey.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Fri Apr 24 8:07 pm

Vikings take Ezra Cleveland (6’6” 311 lbs) with the 58th pick

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Fri Apr 24 9:49 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Fri Apr 24 8:07 pm
Vikings take Ezra Cleveland (6’6” 311 lbs) with the 58th pick
Sounds like he was projected first round and in many mocks they had us taking him at 22 or 25. This also apparently takes us out of contention for a T Williams trade as WAS wanted a 2nd rounder.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Apr 24 10:18 pm

Are the Vikings planning to draft 14 players? Last I saw there is a roster limit in the NFL.

It would be a huge waste to amass so many picks only to throw half away.

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 993
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Fri Apr 24 10:27 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Apr 24 10:18 pm
Are the Vikings planning to draft 14 players? Last I saw there is a roster limit in the NFL.

It would be a huge waste to amass so many picks only to throw half away.
Their draft has been pretty good so far. They will have a lot of flexibility to move up tomorrow if needed.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Fri Apr 24 11:01 pm

Just traded again at 105. We have 13 picks tomorrow. I think I read we got 4 for our 3rd round pick.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Apr 24 11:03 pm

Five-HoleFrenzy wrote:
Fri Apr 24 10:27 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Apr 24 10:18 pm
Are the Vikings planning to draft 14 players? Last I saw there is a roster limit in the NFL.

It would be a huge waste to amass so many picks only to throw half away.
Their draft has been pretty good so far. They will have a lot of flexibility to move up tomorrow if needed.
Other teams won’t need four 5th rounders either.


This is terrible.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28865
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 291 times
Age: 32

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Beauner » Fri Apr 24 11:05 pm

13 picks tomorrow. I'm guessing they'll trade some for 2021 picks.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3717
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 118 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bladepuller » Fri Apr 24 11:07 pm

They'll go for some O & D line projects is my guess.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Fri Apr 24 11:10 pm

Trade all of them for anorher 1st pick next year. Ha

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 993
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Fri Apr 24 11:23 pm

Maybe it's "terrible" that the Vikings have 13 picks tomorrow but at least they haven't been the $#@!show that the Fudge Packers have been so far in this draft.

User avatar
CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon Feb 19 3:04 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Fri Apr 24 11:23 pm

Man does Spielman like to trade down. Every year he trades down multiple times. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow Spielman trades down in effort to pick up 8th, 9th, and 10th round picks. ;) :D

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10658
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 352 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bertogliat » Sat Apr 25 6:48 am

CollegeHockeyAddict wrote:
Fri Apr 24 11:23 pm
Man does Spielman like to trade down. Every year he trades down multiple times. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow Spielman trades down in effort to pick up 8th, 9th, and 10th round picks. ;) :D
I really don’t mind trading down. The patriots have been doing it forever.

But we don’t need, and can’t sign, the number of players the Vikings have left to draft. And I don’t think other teams are going to be wanting a bunch of the late round picks either. I guess we will see. Hoping for the best.

User avatar
CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon Feb 19 3:04 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Sat Apr 25 9:22 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Sat Apr 25 6:48 am
CollegeHockeyAddict wrote:
Fri Apr 24 11:23 pm
Man does Spielman like to trade down. Every year he trades down multiple times. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow Spielman trades down in effort to pick up 8th, 9th, and 10th round picks. ;) :D
I really don’t mind trading down. The patriots have been doing it forever.

But we don’t need, and can’t sign, the number of players the Vikings have left to draft. And I don’t think other teams are going to be wanting a bunch of the late round picks either. I guess we will see. Hoping for the best.
Yes the Patriots have been doing it but this year's draft was strong in the second and third rounds. Not surprisingly the Patriots made trades to accumulate extra 2nd and 3rd round picks. They ended up making five picks in those two rounds this years. The Vikings had chances with the extra picks they had coming in to the draft do to look to make hay in rounds 2 and 3 but instead they traded back to accumulate extra picks in rounds 4-7 which are much more of a crap shoot. If you look through Spielman's previous drafts you will see he always has extra picks in these late rounds and very little of importance has come of it. I hope this year things work out different but NFL track record says teams win based on players picked in round 1-4 not 5-7. Plus most of the picks they've accumulated are late picks in each round.

User avatar
Border Gopher
Veteran
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Nov 28 5:48 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Border Gopher » Sat Apr 25 11:19 am

Spielman has made a Day 2 trade in each of the past six drafts, after initially being unwilling to trade up in the second round and unable to trade up in the third round on Friday.

“We wanted to be aggressive,” Spielman said. “We just couldn’t get a trade partner to deal with us.”

Because of the coronavirus pandemic, this was different. Spielman continued to stockpile late-round picks to get ahead of undrafted free agency starting Saturday night, when NFL executives, scouts and coaches might struggle to cast a coordinated net while sequestered in their homes.

“Having this amount of picks alleviates some of that stress in college free agency, just because of the situation we’re dealing with right now,” Spielman said. “A lot of those guys that we like, if they did get to free agency you’d have to be battling with [other teams].”
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-tak ... 569940452/
"A real man makes his own puck luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5188
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 45

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by J22 » Sat Apr 25 11:29 am

Border Gopher wrote:
Sat Apr 25 11:19 am
Spielman has made a Day 2 trade in each of the past six drafts, after initially being unwilling to trade up in the second round and unable to trade up in the third round on Friday.

“We wanted to be aggressive,” Spielman said. “We just couldn’t get a trade partner to deal with us.”

Because of the coronavirus pandemic, this was different. Spielman continued to stockpile late-round picks to get ahead of undrafted free agency starting Saturday night, when NFL executives, scouts and coaches might struggle to cast a coordinated net while sequestered in their homes.

“Having this amount of picks alleviates some of that stress in college free agency, just because of the situation we’re dealing with right now,” Spielman said. “A lot of those guys that we like, if they did get to free agency you’d have to be battling with [other teams].”
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-tak ... 569940452/
Instead of using the picks on the guys that everyone wants, we traded them for more picks to be used on the guys that nobody plans on drafting. That's the logic? Seriously?

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Apr 25 11:49 am

Ya that sounds ridiculous
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Sat Apr 25 12:38 pm

Was hoping Bartch would drop to us but like some of the picks today

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14447
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 114 times
Age: 52

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Apr 25 12:52 pm

Picks have been fine. I would have drafted another offensive lineman by now though. Hopefully they draft a bunch of those and practice squad some of them. They need youth and depth there for once.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Sat Apr 25 1:41 pm

Yeah was hoping for a couple by now instead of the one.

Seems like Williams went to SF for decent price. Two picks

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Apr 25 2:38 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Sat Apr 25 1:41 pm
Yeah was hoping for a couple by now instead of the one.

Seems like Williams went to SF for decent price. Two picks
Williams says he did not veto a trade to Vikings, Rappaport came back and stood behind his story that Williams definitely did....is it possible he didn’t want to play with Cousins again?

SF got him for a 5 this year and a 3 next year, I would think we would do that if we could make the money work.

Also seeing that Spielman was desperately trying to move up in the first and second rounds but couldn’t work out deals. I believe they tried to move up to take Jefferson because they thought PHI was gonna take him, couldn’t and then he fell them anyway.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 993
Joined: Sat Apr 12 10:45 pm
Location: St Paul
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Vikings 2020 season

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Sat Apr 25 2:40 pm

Very good 4th round for the Vikings and then...

5th round...Not so good.

Post Reply