2019-2020 Wild Season

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Post Reply
User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Wed Jul 31 3:32 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Wed Jul 31 2:45 pm
team22tank wrote:
Wed Jul 31 1:25 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 1:08 pm
Vegoe wrote:
Wed Jul 31 11:07 am
Just curious... what do people think would come in a return for Parise or Suter? And how would fans react?

Dumping David Clarkson who could be put on LTI cost a 1st and 2nd.
Dumping Bryan Bickell cost a prospect (Teravainen), 2nd & 3rd.
Dumping Dave Bolland cost a 2nd and 3rd.
Isn't there like a penalty attached to both of them because of their contracts that would cost the Wild? I don't think it's worth it to be honest.
No. Not for simply being traded.

The problems arise if they retire. Whether they are in MN or retire on another team after being traded.
Basically what I gather is if they don't play through age 40, 2024-25 and retire early, the Wild get hit with a cap recapture penalty of $6.5M per year, per player for the last two years of their 'deal.' This is because they are due to have a base salary of $1M and a cap hit of $7.5M those two years. If they retired with three years left on their deals they would have a base salary of $2M and a cap hit of $7.5, so that year the recapture is only $5.5M for that third to last season.

I think it's even worse with a buyout:https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calc ... se#results
Cap recapture is the total amount of $ earned above your cap hit divided by the number of years left on your deal. The problem with a trade is that the cap recapture number freezes the second you trade them but the years continue to tick down.

There is no recapture penalty on a buyout.

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2344
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Been liked: 13 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Maize » Wed Jul 31 3:41 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 2:09 pm
Aaah, thanks. So, if they retire even if they aren't here anymore the Wild are screwed. Awesome system.
Why shouldn't there be a penalty? The Wild basically circumvented the salary cap by signing those guys to a ridiculous contract length in order to push down the AAV in the short term. Everyone knew from the day those contracts were signed that it would benefit the Wild for the window when those guys were in their prime, and a disaster towards the end of their deals.

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2369
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 28 times
Age: 40
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Vegoe » Wed Jul 31 3:46 pm

J22 wrote:
Wed Jul 31 3:32 pm
There is no recapture penalty on a buyout.
The impact on their cap would be pretty significant if they considered a buyout is my point.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Jul 31 4:22 pm

Maize wrote:
Wed Jul 31 3:41 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 2:09 pm
Aaah, thanks. So, if they retire even if they aren't here anymore the Wild are screwed. Awesome system.
Why shouldn't there be a penalty? The Wild basically circumvented the salary cap by signing those guys to a ridiculous contract length in order to push down the AAV in the short term. Everyone knew from the day those contracts were signed that it would benefit the Wild for the window when those guys were in their prime, and a disaster towards the end of their deals.
Circumvented how? It was within the rules.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8579
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 46

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Steve MN » Wed Jul 31 4:45 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 4:22 pm
Maize wrote:
Wed Jul 31 3:41 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 2:09 pm
Aaah, thanks. So, if they retire even if they aren't here anymore the Wild are screwed. Awesome system.
Why shouldn't there be a penalty? The Wild basically circumvented the salary cap by signing those guys to a ridiculous contract length in order to push down the AAV in the short term. Everyone knew from the day those contracts were signed that it would benefit the Wild for the window when those guys were in their prime, and a disaster towards the end of their deals.
Circumvented how? It was within the rules.
Especially since they were signed under the old CBA (admittedly, everyone knew there was going to be a lockout as they figured out the new one, but still, under the rules at the time)
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

fightclub30
Veteran
Posts: 3481
Joined: Mon Apr 18 9:45 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
Age: 33

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by fightclub30 » Wed Jul 31 6:23 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Wed Jul 31 4:45 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 4:22 pm
Maize wrote:
Wed Jul 31 3:41 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 2:09 pm
Aaah, thanks. So, if they retire even if they aren't here anymore the Wild are screwed. Awesome system.
Why shouldn't there be a penalty? The Wild basically circumvented the salary cap by signing those guys to a ridiculous contract length in order to push down the AAV in the short term. Everyone knew from the day those contracts were signed that it would benefit the Wild for the window when those guys were in their prime, and a disaster towards the end of their deals.
Circumvented how? It was within the rules.
Especially since they were signed under the old CBA (admittedly, everyone knew there was going to be a lockout as they figured out the new one, but still, under the rules at the time)
It's under the rules of they play the entire contract. If the low salary years at the end, were just wink wink nudge years to lower the AAV, and then player didn't intent to play those years then it broke the rules. Not many players play into their 40s so it isn't that unreasonable to assume those players didn't intend to play those years.

That's taking advantage of a loop hole and breaking the rules.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Wed Jul 31 6:59 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Wed Jul 31 6:23 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Wed Jul 31 4:45 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 4:22 pm
Maize wrote:
Wed Jul 31 3:41 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 2:09 pm
Aaah, thanks. So, if they retire even if they aren't here anymore the Wild are screwed. Awesome system.
Why shouldn't there be a penalty? The Wild basically circumvented the salary cap by signing those guys to a ridiculous contract length in order to push down the AAV in the short term. Everyone knew from the day those contracts were signed that it would benefit the Wild for the window when those guys were in their prime, and a disaster towards the end of their deals.
Circumvented how? It was within the rules.
Especially since they were signed under the old CBA (admittedly, everyone knew there was going to be a lockout as they figured out the new one, but still, under the rules at the time)
It's under the rules of they play the entire contract. If the low salary years at the end, were just wink wink nudge years to lower the AAV, and then player didn't intent to play those years then it broke the rules. Not many players play into their 40s so it isn't that unreasonable to assume those players didn't intend to play those years.

That's taking advantage of a loop hole and breaking the rules.
The contracts did not break any rules

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Jul 31 11:09 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Wed Jul 31 6:23 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Wed Jul 31 4:45 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 4:22 pm
Maize wrote:
Wed Jul 31 3:41 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 2:09 pm
Aaah, thanks. So, if they retire even if they aren't here anymore the Wild are screwed. Awesome system.
Why shouldn't there be a penalty? The Wild basically circumvented the salary cap by signing those guys to a ridiculous contract length in order to push down the AAV in the short term. Everyone knew from the day those contracts were signed that it would benefit the Wild for the window when those guys were in their prime, and a disaster towards the end of their deals.
Circumvented how? It was within the rules.
Especially since they were signed under the old CBA (admittedly, everyone knew there was going to be a lockout as they figured out the new one, but still, under the rules at the time)
It's under the rules of they play the entire contract. If the low salary years at the end, were just wink wink nudge years to lower the AAV, and then player didn't intent to play those years then it broke the rules. Not many players play into their 40s so it isn't that unreasonable to assume those players didn't intend to play those years.

That's taking advantage of a loop hole and breaking the rules.
No. No rules were broken.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2344
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Been liked: 13 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Maize » Wed Jul 31 11:46 pm

I never said any rules were broken. But you whined about the rule, when it makes perfect sense. The Wild paid each guy about $12M in the first year of that contract but only $7.75M counted against their cap with the expectation that they would pay that additional money later on in the contract. You shouldn't just be allowed to feign surprise when the player(s) in question can't cut it in their late-30s and get let off the hook for that money.

User avatar
F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Feb 16 11:09 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by F Da Sue » Thu Aug 01 12:47 am

Maize wrote:
Wed Jul 31 11:46 pm
I never said any rules were broken. But you whined about the rule, when it makes perfect sense. The Wild paid each guy about $12M in the first year of that contract but only $7.75M counted against their cap with the expectation that they would pay that additional money later on in the contract. You shouldn't just be allowed to feign surprise when the player(s) in question can't cut it in their late-30s and get let off the hook for that money.
Keep digging.

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2344
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Been liked: 13 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Maize » Thu Aug 01 1:20 am

F Da Sue wrote:
Thu Aug 01 12:47 am


Keep digging.
If you insist...
This was the NHL’s way of punishing teams it felt designed contracts meant to circumvent the cap. To lower their cap hits to $7.5-plus million the Wild, which is paying Parise and Suter between $8 million and $12 million annually through 2021, structured a contract that drops their salaries to $6 million in 2021-22, $2 million in 2022-23 and $1 million in 2023-24 and 2024-25. Other teams offered Parise and Suter almost identically structured contracts.

Daly acknowledges the Parise and Suter contracts were “legal” and “not improper” in the old CBA. But in later collective bargaining with the union, Daly said, “the judgment was made that it was not consistent with the spirit of the CBA and there should be a cost associated with getting competitive benefits theoretically by seriously frontloading deals.”
“We were very up front with the clubs,” Daly said. “We told them we’re going to seek provisions in this CBA that will extract a cost for pushing the boundaries in this area, which is clearly inconsistent with the purpose of the original system.

“So all the clubs were on notice for probably two years in advance of bargaining. This was covered in our general manager workshops, and the owners were told numerous times in board meetings. To suggest that anybody was really surprised by the fact that we negotiated that provision would be very unfair.”
http://www.startribune.com/nhl-insider-parise-suter-contracts-might-cost-wild-down-the-line/282831691/

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2369
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 28 times
Age: 40
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Vegoe » Thu Aug 01 8:18 am

"Well I wanted to win a Stanley Cup. That pansy over there cheap shots me, puts this cap recapture penalty in the CBA. I get hit with all kinds of cap implications so I'm out of the game. They basically steal the ring right off my finger! How would you feel?"
"Everyone was throwing cheap shots in that CBA."
"You know Daly, it's funny you say that 'cause I was just wondering what side you're on!"
"I'm on your side!"
"You know it really seems that way."

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Aug 01 8:42 am

Reported in The Athletic again today.

https://theathletic.com/1108742/2019/08 ... sota-wild/
There were puzzling developments off the ice, too. The Wild had one of the league’s largest competitive advantages in an analytics department headed by Andrew Thomas and Alexandra Mandrycky that was arguably one of the league’s brightest. Hire early and you’ll have access to the cream of the crop, in this case two-thirds of the brain trust behind WAR on Ice. But the Wild let go of Thomas and were unable to retain Mandrycky; as a result, that advantage has been completely squandered. There is simply no comparable replacement available, and with all due respect to any new hire, there are very big shoes to fill.
In today's sports world this is just pure insanity.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Aug 01 8:48 am

Listening to Russo podcast right now. Apparently Fenton is being stupid enough to tell people that talk to Russo that someone else was responsible for him getting fired.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

fightclub30
Veteran
Posts: 3481
Joined: Mon Apr 18 9:45 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
Age: 33

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by fightclub30 » Thu Aug 01 1:47 pm

J22 wrote:
Wed Jul 31 6:59 pm
fightclub30 wrote:
Wed Jul 31 6:23 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Wed Jul 31 4:45 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 4:22 pm
Maize wrote:
Wed Jul 31 3:41 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 2:09 pm
Aaah, thanks. So, if they retire even if they aren't here anymore the Wild are screwed. Awesome system.
Why shouldn't there be a penalty? The Wild basically circumvented the salary cap by signing those guys to a ridiculous contract length in order to push down the AAV in the short term. Everyone knew from the day those contracts were signed that it would benefit the Wild for the window when those guys were in their prime, and a disaster towards the end of their deals.
Circumvented how? It was within the rules.
Especially since they were signed under the old CBA (admittedly, everyone knew there was going to be a lockout as they figured out the new one, but still, under the rules at the time)
It's under the rules of they play the entire contract. If the low salary years at the end, were just wink wink nudge years to lower the AAV, and then player didn't intent to play those years then it broke the rules. Not many players play into their 40s so it isn't that unreasonable to assume those players didn't intend to play those years.

That's taking advantage of a loop hole and breaking the rules.
The contracts did not break any rules
So if Parise and Suter, and 7, or so, other players don't want to play the final two years of their contracts, where the "only" make $1,000,000 but their cap hit is significantly higher, they should just be allowed to retire and the NHL can ignore the cap advantage the Wild got for several seasons by taking those cheap years onto the end of the contract?

There wasn't a "Rule Broken" but GMs created a situation that wasn't sustainable. Just ask Vancouver and Florida who are now paying the price for Luongo quitting before his heavily front-loaded contract ran out.

Duncan Keith and Shea Weber are the only other candidates for this who immediately come to mind that are still playing.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Aug 01 1:52 pm

You're expecting altruism out of sports teams? What planet are we discussing right now, cause it's not Earth?
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Feb 16 11:09 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by F Da Sue » Thu Aug 01 2:23 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Thu Aug 01 1:47 pm
J22 wrote:
Wed Jul 31 6:59 pm
fightclub30 wrote:
Wed Jul 31 6:23 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Wed Jul 31 4:45 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 4:22 pm
Maize wrote:
Wed Jul 31 3:41 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31 2:09 pm
Aaah, thanks. So, if they retire even if they aren't here anymore the Wild are screwed. Awesome system.
Why shouldn't there be a penalty? The Wild basically circumvented the salary cap by signing those guys to a ridiculous contract length in order to push down the AAV in the short term. Everyone knew from the day those contracts were signed that it would benefit the Wild for the window when those guys were in their prime, and a disaster towards the end of their deals.
Circumvented how? It was within the rules.
Especially since they were signed under the old CBA (admittedly, everyone knew there was going to be a lockout as they figured out the new one, but still, under the rules at the time)
It's under the rules of they play the entire contract. If the low salary years at the end, were just wink wink nudge years to lower the AAV, and then player didn't intent to play those years then it broke the rules. Not many players play into their 40s so it isn't that unreasonable to assume those players didn't intend to play those years.

That's taking advantage of a loop hole and breaking the rules.
The contracts did not break any rules
So if Parise and Suter, and 7, or so, other players don't want to play the final two years of their contracts, where the "only" make $1,000,000 but their cap hit is significantly higher, they should just be allowed to retire and the NHL can ignore the cap advantage the Wild got for several seasons by taking those cheap years onto the end of the contract?
Yes because those were the rules at the time the contracts were signed. C'mon people this isn't rocket surgery.

fightclub30
Veteran
Posts: 3481
Joined: Mon Apr 18 9:45 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
Age: 33

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by fightclub30 » Thu Aug 01 3:05 pm

Okay. I just don't care enough.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9851
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Thu Aug 01 3:17 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Thu Aug 01 3:05 pm
Okay. I just don't care enough.
Do you really think Parise is going to retire if he is still scoring 25-30 goals?

But if he does fall of a cliff and his performance isn't the same he will be able to hang them up and site his back and go on LTIR. And it would be more legitimate than all of the players that have used it going back to Hossa a few years ago.

fightclub30
Veteran
Posts: 3481
Joined: Mon Apr 18 9:45 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
Age: 33

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by fightclub30 » Thu Aug 01 3:35 pm

team22tank wrote:
Thu Aug 01 3:17 pm
fightclub30 wrote:
Thu Aug 01 3:05 pm
Okay. I just don't care enough.
Do you really think Parise is going to retire if he is still scoring 25-30 goals?

But if he does fall of a cliff and his performance isn't the same he will be able to hang them up and site his back and go on LTIR. And it would be more legitimate than all of the players that have used it going back to Hossa a few years ago.
I didn't think that was the discussion, but okay.

If he is still scoring 25-30 goals at age 39 I'd be surprised, but he probably wouldn't retire.

I don't think either one of them, given both of their injury backgrounds, will be playing the final season (possibly more) of their contract. Will it really be worth it to put their bodies through that for "only" $1,000,000. It will also depend on where the Wild, or whatever team they are on, sit competetively. But that is also why I think they both will likely be easy LTIR options.

We've seen Zetterberg and Hossa go LTIR with zero push-back from the NHL. Luongo is the first one I have seen actually punished.

The discussion, I thought, was whether or not the NHL actually could punish the Wild. And in fact they can, if Parise or Suter retire and just decide not to play, rather than being "forced" not to play due to injuries, allergies, etc.

Very few teams abused that loophole as egregiously as the 8-9 10 year+ contracts that were signed shortly before the new CBA got put into place. So the majority of teams who didn't abuse the loophole, might be upset if the NHL doesn't at least feign an interest in penalizing those team that did.

fightclub30
Veteran
Posts: 3481
Joined: Mon Apr 18 9:45 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
Age: 33

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by fightclub30 » Thu Aug 01 4:08 pm

F Da Sue wrote:
Thu Aug 01 2:23 pm

Yes because those were the rules at the time the contracts were signed. C'mon people this isn't rocket surgery.
A few people at my office abused the unofficial summer hours and PTO policies we had. Those got changed last year... for everyone still employed with the company. And now we have official rules in place regarding that.

I don't get to play by a different set of rules that were in place when I signed my "contract" with the company. I only get to play by the current rules set forth by my employer or I can go find work somewhere else.

Just like everything, a small number of people tend to ruin things for everyone else.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Thu Aug 01 4:37 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Thu Aug 01 4:08 pm
F Da Sue wrote:
Thu Aug 01 2:23 pm

Yes because those were the rules at the time the contracts were signed. C'mon people this isn't rocket surgery.
A few people at my office abused the unofficial summer hours and PTO policies we had. Those got changed last year... for everyone still employed with the company. And now we have official rules in place regarding that.

I don't get to play by a different set of rules that were in place when I signed my "contract" with the company. I only get to play by the current rules set forth by my employer or I can go find work somewhere else.

Just like everything, a small number of people tend to ruin things for everyone else.
Were those people asked to give back the money that they made on PTO last summer?

.

User avatar
F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Feb 16 11:09 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by F Da Sue » Thu Aug 01 6:07 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Thu Aug 01 4:08 pm
F Da Sue wrote:
Thu Aug 01 2:23 pm

Yes because those were the rules at the time the contracts were signed. C'mon people this isn't rocket surgery.
A few people at my office abused the unofficial summer hours and PTO policies we had. Those got changed last year... for everyone still employed with the company. And now we have official rules in place regarding that.

I don't get to play by a different set of rules that were in place when I signed my "contract" with the company. I only get to play by the current rules set forth by my employer or I can go find work somewhere else.

Just like everything, a small number of people tend to ruin things for everyone else.
Would you be fine with receiving a thousand speeding tickets in the mail because they changed the speed limits on roads you had driven in the past?

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7286
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Thirty-Four » Thu Aug 01 7:17 pm

I’m pretty certain the owners had all the say in putting this in the CBA. It was mentioned at the time as well. The Wild were aware of this risk, knew the lockout was coming and did it anyway. They probably hoped the team would be more successful over these first seven years and accepted the risk. I know from the day Luongo cried about his poison contract that the Canadian websites have covered this issue.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9573
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 77 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Aug 01 7:34 pm

The GM at the time knew he’d likely not be around for the end of the contract so “who gives a $h!t what happens?”.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Aug 02 8:11 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Aug 01 7:34 pm
The GM at the time knew he’d likely not be around for the end of the contract so “who gives a $h!t what happens?”.
That and the owner, Parise, and Suter all thought they were going to compete for Cups in the first 6 years. They all failed.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9851
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Fri Aug 02 9:25 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Aug 02 8:11 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Aug 01 7:34 pm
The GM at the time knew he’d likely not be around for the end of the contract so “who gives a $h!t what happens?”.
That and the owner, Parise, and Suter all thought they were going to compete for Cups in the first 6 years. They all failed.
You tell em'!

User avatar
Border Gopher
Veteran
Posts: 1732
Joined: Tue Nov 28 5:48 pm
Been liked: 5 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Border Gopher » Fri Aug 02 4:18 pm

Just read Russo's latest article on Fenton.

Yikes! :shock:
"A real man makes his own puck luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Aug 02 4:40 pm

The guy was terrible. I notice no one is defending him now. Even the Aberg deal was not handled correctly. Which I said at the time.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7286
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Thirty-Four » Fri Aug 02 5:30 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Aug 02 4:40 pm
The guy was terrible. I notice no one is defending him now. Even the Aberg deal was not handled correctly. Which I said at the time.
Image

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5032
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Age: 33

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri Aug 02 9:44 pm

Fenton didn’t like Russo before. I can’t imagine what it’s like now.

User avatar
MATT
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3454
Joined: Fri Feb 02 10:41 pm
Location: North Carolina
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Age: 34

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by MATT » Sat Aug 03 10:14 am

Snowcool08 wrote:
Fri Aug 02 9:44 pm
Fenton didn’t like Russo before. I can’t imagine what it’s like now.
He probably dislikes him even more.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27388
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 105 times
Age: 39

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Handyman » Sat Aug 03 12:02 pm

My guess is a year from now something big comes out...I dont care how bad he is (and it sounds like he was awful) a move like this usually means he did something really bad!

Good riddance.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Aug 03 3:40 pm

USA playing Canada today & Boldy is NOT one of the 13 forwards who dressed today. Another nail...while Caufield is USA leading scorer

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Aug 03 5:46 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Aug 03 3:40 pm
USA playing Canada today & Boldy is NOT one of the 13 forwards who dressed today. Another nail...while Caufield is USA leading scorer
Not surprised.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 14045
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 6 times
Age: 31

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by trixR4kids » Sat Aug 03 6:22 pm

sunbone wrote:
Tue Jul 30 7:45 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Tue Jul 30 4:05 pm
Yep. The guy is a complete dick. That's why he was fired.

What a complete failure by Leipold. He worked with the guy and didn’t sense that he wasn’t capable of being a leader? Wow.
From what I recall the scouting/hiring part of finding Fenton was pretty brief and didn’t sound very rigorous. Either way you’re right, the end result doesn’t inspire a ton of confidence.

If Leipold is smart he needs to expand the pool of applicants beyond just the obvious, i.e. former GM’s because it’s not an inspiring list. Hiring some young up and comer wouldn’t be as risky as hoping Peter Chiarelli doesn’t trade away another top 5 NHL player at their position. The Leafs brought on Dubas as an AGM for a while after he was a successful GM for Sault Ste. Marie for instance. If a different team snagged him sooner though they might be in a better position.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Aug 04 10:17 am

Handyman wrote:
Sat Aug 03 12:02 pm
My guess is a year from now something big comes out...I dont care how bad he is (and it sounds like he was awful) a move like this usually means he did something really bad!

Good riddance.
Russo has reported that the scathing expose he wrote only scratched the surface. A lot of things he couldn't write about for whatever reason.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Rookie
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Aug 04 10:40 am

This whole Fenton situation screams incompetence by the owner. He said Fenton wasn’t fired for the guys he drafted. Yeah right.
How do you pass on Spencer Knight and Cole Caufield?
Wonder how tickets sales are going......

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27388
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 105 times
Age: 39

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Handyman » Sun Aug 04 11:07 am

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 10:40 am
This whole Fenton situation screams incompetence by the owner. He said Fenton wasn’t fired for the guys he drafted. Yeah right.
How do you pass on Spencer Knight and Cole Caufield?
Wonder how tickets sales are going......
You might want to read the actual article. It has almost nothing to do with the draft.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Aug 04 11:09 am

Handyman wrote:
Sun Aug 04 11:07 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 10:40 am
This whole Fenton situation screams incompetence by the owner. He said Fenton wasn’t fired for the guys he drafted. Yeah right.
How do you pass on Spencer Knight and Cole Caufield?
Wonder how tickets sales are going......
You might want to read the actual article. It has almost nothing to do with the draft.
Except the part where the owner was compelled to babysit the GM at the draft?
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Rookie
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Aug 04 11:23 am

Handyman wrote:
Sun Aug 04 11:07 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 10:40 am
This whole Fenton situation screams incompetence by the owner. He said Fenton wasn’t fired for the guys he drafted. Yeah right.
How do you pass on Spencer Knight and Cole Caufield?
Wonder how tickets sales are going......
You might want to read the actual article. It has almost nothing to do with the draft.
Obviously the guy didn't do his homework on Fenton. Don't need to read anything to see that.
Last edited by Grovetown Scotty on Sun Aug 04 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7286
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Thirty-Four » Sun Aug 04 12:11 pm

We've officially put more time into debating Fenton's competence than Leipold did before hiring him, so we've got that going for us, which is nice.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Aug 04 1:20 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:
Sun Aug 04 12:11 pm
We've officially put more time into debating Fenton's competence than Leipold did before hiring him, so we've got that going for us, which is nice.
Truth.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Rookie
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Aug 04 1:23 pm

A lot of great hockey minds here. In the USA Hockey games I've seen Caufield looks to be way better than Boldy.
The Wild's weakness is in goal and goal scoring. Why would they not take Spencer Knight who looks to be the real deal or Caufield a sniper. What am I missing here? Did I miss another Russo column?

User avatar
F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Feb 16 11:09 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by F Da Sue » Sun Aug 04 2:13 pm

Well the 2020 draft class is extremely strong with Lafreniere leading the pack as a generational type player. Lets get the Wild 2019-2020 tankathon going!

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Aug 04 2:28 pm

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 1:23 pm
A lot of great hockey minds here. In the USA Hockey games I've seen Caufield looks to be way better than Boldy.
The Wild's weakness is in goal and goal scoring. Why would they not take Spencer Knight who looks to be the real deal or Caufield a sniper. What am I missing here? Did I miss another Russo column?
Fenton went with the player that his son PJ liked :roll:

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9851
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Sun Aug 04 3:05 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 2:28 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 1:23 pm
A lot of great hockey minds here. In the USA Hockey games I've seen Caufield looks to be way better than Boldy.
The Wild's weakness is in goal and goal scoring. Why would they not take Spencer Knight who looks to be the real deal or Caufield a sniper. What am I missing here? Did I miss another Russo column?
Fenton went with the player that his son PJ liked :roll:
Per that article there is a ton to go after Fenton for. The 2019 draft and/Boldy is not one of them. In fact Russo made a point to address that the Wild rated very high in the draft. Probably knowing what an easy target it would be because his son was involved but they did a fine job based on the initial ratings.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Aug 04 4:25 pm

team22tank wrote:
Sun Aug 04 3:05 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 2:28 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 1:23 pm
A lot of great hockey minds here. In the USA Hockey games I've seen Caufield looks to be way better than Boldy.
The Wild's weakness is in goal and goal scoring. Why would they not take Spencer Knight who looks to be the real deal or Caufield a sniper. What am I missing here? Did I miss another Russo column?
Fenton went with the player that his son PJ liked :roll:
Per that article there is a ton to go after Fenton for. The 2019 draft and/Boldy is not one of them. In fact Russo made a point to address that the Wild rated very high in the draft. Probably knowing what an easy target it would be because his son was involved but they did a fine job based on the initial ratings.
So you think Boldy will be a more success NHL player than Caufield then? I’m not referring to the entire draft, just that pick. Boldy didn’t even dress against Canada. Round One goes to Caufield ☝️who had a snipe yesterday that would impress Brett Hull...

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9851
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Sun Aug 04 4:33 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:25 pm
team22tank wrote:
Sun Aug 04 3:05 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 2:28 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 1:23 pm
A lot of great hockey minds here. In the USA Hockey games I've seen Caufield looks to be way better than Boldy.
The Wild's weakness is in goal and goal scoring. Why would they not take Spencer Knight who looks to be the real deal or Caufield a sniper. What am I missing here? Did I miss another Russo column?
Fenton went with the player that his son PJ liked :roll:
Per that article there is a ton to go after Fenton for. The 2019 draft and/Boldy is not one of them. In fact Russo made a point to address that the Wild rated very high in the draft. Probably knowing what an easy target it would be because his son was involved but they did a fine job based on the initial ratings.
So you think Boldy will be a more success NHL player than Caufield then? I’m not referring to the entire draft, just that pick. Boldy didn’t even dress against Canada. Round One goes to Caufield ☝️who had a snipe yesterday that would impress Brett Hull...
No. Round 1 will be when they begin their NHL careers.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Sun Aug 04 4:52 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:25 pm
team22tank wrote:
Sun Aug 04 3:05 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 2:28 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 1:23 pm
A lot of great hockey minds here. In the USA Hockey games I've seen Caufield looks to be way better than Boldy.
The Wild's weakness is in goal and goal scoring. Why would they not take Spencer Knight who looks to be the real deal or Caufield a sniper. What am I missing here? Did I miss another Russo column?
Fenton went with the player that his son PJ liked :roll:
Per that article there is a ton to go after Fenton for. The 2019 draft and/Boldy is not one of them. In fact Russo made a point to address that the Wild rated very high in the draft. Probably knowing what an easy target it would be because his son was involved but they did a fine job based on the initial ratings.
So you think Boldy will be a more success NHL player than Caufield then? I’m not referring to the entire draft, just that pick. Boldy didn’t even dress against Canada. Round One goes to Caufield ☝️who had a snipe yesterday that would impress Brett Hull...
You think Boldy was scratched yesterday because of talent? Get a f*** clue

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Aug 04 5:02 pm

J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:52 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:25 pm
team22tank wrote:
Sun Aug 04 3:05 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 2:28 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 1:23 pm
A lot of great hockey minds here. In the USA Hockey games I've seen Caufield looks to be way better than Boldy.
The Wild's weakness is in goal and goal scoring. Why would they not take Spencer Knight who looks to be the real deal or Caufield a sniper. What am I missing here? Did I miss another Russo column?
Fenton went with the player that his son PJ liked :roll:
Per that article there is a ton to go after Fenton for. The 2019 draft and/Boldy is not one of them. In fact Russo made a point to address that the Wild rated very high in the draft. Probably knowing what an easy target it would be because his son was involved but they did a fine job based on the initial ratings.
So you think Boldy will be a more success NHL player than Caufield then? I’m not referring to the entire draft, just that pick. Boldy didn’t even dress against Canada. Round One goes to Caufield ☝️who had a snipe yesterday that would impress Brett Hull...
You think Boldy was scratched yesterday because of talent? Get a f*** clue
Was he injured? What other possible reason is there for him not being one of 13 forwards who dressed Saturday? Did he have a previous scheduled tee time? 😂
Last edited by bearpaw28 on Sun Aug 04 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Sun Aug 04 5:09 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:02 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:52 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:25 pm
team22tank wrote:
Sun Aug 04 3:05 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 2:28 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 1:23 pm
A lot of great hockey minds here. In the USA Hockey games I've seen Caufield looks to be way better than Boldy.
The Wild's weakness is in goal and goal scoring. Why would they not take Spencer Knight who looks to be the real deal or Caufield a sniper. What am I missing here? Did I miss another Russo column?
Fenton went with the player that his son PJ liked :roll:
Per that article there is a ton to go after Fenton for. The 2019 draft and/Boldy is not one of them. In fact Russo made a point to address that the Wild rated very high in the draft. Probably knowing what an easy target it would be because his son was involved but they did a fine job based on the initial ratings.
So you think Boldy will be a more success NHL player than Caufield then? I’m not referring to the entire draft, just that pick. Boldy didn’t even dress against Canada. Round One goes to Caufield ☝️who had a snipe yesterday that would impress Brett Hull...
You think Boldy was scratched yesterday because of talent? Get a f*** clue
Was he injured? What other possible reason is there for him not being one of 13 forwards who dressed Saturday? Did he have a previous golf tee time?
It's a summer scrimmage tournament where the US brought a 31 player roster. Everyone, including your golden little smurf, was scratched for a game. 2 minutes of research could've told you that.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Aug 04 5:12 pm

J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:09 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:02 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:52 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:25 pm
team22tank wrote:
Sun Aug 04 3:05 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 2:28 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 1:23 pm
A lot of great hockey minds here. In the USA Hockey games I've seen Caufield looks to be way better than Boldy.
The Wild's weakness is in goal and goal scoring. Why would they not take Spencer Knight who looks to be the real deal or Caufield a sniper. What am I missing here? Did I miss another Russo column?
Fenton went with the player that his son PJ liked :roll:
Per that article there is a ton to go after Fenton for. The 2019 draft and/Boldy is not one of them. In fact Russo made a point to address that the Wild rated very high in the draft. Probably knowing what an easy target it would be because his son was involved but they did a fine job based on the initial ratings.
So you think Boldy will be a more success NHL player than Caufield then? I’m not referring to the entire draft, just that pick. Boldy didn’t even dress against Canada. Round One goes to Caufield ☝️who had a snipe yesterday that would impress Brett Hull...
You think Boldy was scratched yesterday because of talent? Get a f*** clue
Was he injured? What other possible reason is there for him not being one of 13 forwards who dressed Saturday? Did he have a previous golf tee time?
It's a summer scrimmage tournament where the US brought a 31 player roster. Everyone, including your golden little smurf, was scratched for a game. 2 minutes of research could've told you that.
Don’t think you’d scratch one of your best players against CANADA 🇨🇦 though. Oops...I forgot, you’d think this was a meaningless game. LMAO

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9851
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Sun Aug 04 5:17 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:12 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:09 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:02 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:52 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:25 pm
team22tank wrote:
Sun Aug 04 3:05 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 2:28 pm


Fenton went with the player that his son PJ liked :roll:
Per that article there is a ton to go after Fenton for. The 2019 draft and/Boldy is not one of them. In fact Russo made a point to address that the Wild rated very high in the draft. Probably knowing what an easy target it would be because his son was involved but they did a fine job based on the initial ratings.
So you think Boldy will be a more success NHL player than Caufield then? I’m not referring to the entire draft, just that pick. Boldy didn’t even dress against Canada. Round One goes to Caufield ☝️who had a snipe yesterday that would impress Brett Hull...
You think Boldy was scratched yesterday because of talent? Get a f*** clue
Was he injured? What other possible reason is there for him not being one of 13 forwards who dressed Saturday? Did he have a previous golf tee time?
It's a summer scrimmage tournament where the US brought a 31 player roster. Everyone, including your golden little smurf, was scratched for a game. 2 minutes of research could've told you that.
Don’t think you’d scratch one of your best players against CANADA 🇨🇦 though. Oops...I forgot, you’d think this was a meaningless game. LMAO
How many Caulfield vs Boldy rounds are there? I don't want to miss the next one!

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Aug 04 5:21 pm

team22tank wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:17 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:12 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:09 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:02 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:52 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:25 pm
team22tank wrote:
Sun Aug 04 3:05 pm


Per that article there is a ton to go after Fenton for. The 2019 draft and/Boldy is not one of them. In fact Russo made a point to address that the Wild rated very high in the draft. Probably knowing what an easy target it would be because his son was involved but they did a fine job based on the initial ratings.
So you think Boldy will be a more success NHL player than Caufield then? I’m not referring to the entire draft, just that pick. Boldy didn’t even dress against Canada. Round One goes to Caufield ☝️who had a snipe yesterday that would impress Brett Hull...
You think Boldy was scratched yesterday because of talent? Get a f*** clue
Was he injured? What other possible reason is there for him not being one of 13 forwards who dressed Saturday? Did he have a previous golf tee time?
It's a summer scrimmage tournament where the US brought a 31 player roster. Everyone, including your golden little smurf, was scratched for a game. 2 minutes of research could've told you that.
Don’t think you’d scratch one of your best players against CANADA 🇨🇦 though. Oops...I forgot, you’d think this was a meaningless game. LMAO
How many Caulfield vs Boldy rounds are there? I don't want to miss the next one!
For the record, I hope like hell that Boldy turns into another Gaborik. And if Caufield turns into a NHL star & Boldy doesn’t, the Wild already have their built in excuse. Blame it ALL on Paully...

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Rookie
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Aug 04 5:26 pm

Why not take Spencer Knight?

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Sun Aug 04 5:28 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:12 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:09 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:02 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:52 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:25 pm
team22tank wrote:
Sun Aug 04 3:05 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 2:28 pm


Fenton went with the player that his son PJ liked :roll:
Per that article there is a ton to go after Fenton for. The 2019 draft and/Boldy is not one of them. In fact Russo made a point to address that the Wild rated very high in the draft. Probably knowing what an easy target it would be because his son was involved but they did a fine job based on the initial ratings.
So you think Boldy will be a more success NHL player than Caufield then? I’m not referring to the entire draft, just that pick. Boldy didn’t even dress against Canada. Round One goes to Caufield ☝️who had a snipe yesterday that would impress Brett Hull...
You think Boldy was scratched yesterday because of talent? Get a f*** clue
Was he injured? What other possible reason is there for him not being one of 13 forwards who dressed Saturday? Did he have a previous golf tee time?
It's a summer scrimmage tournament where the US brought a 31 player roster. Everyone, including your golden little smurf, was scratched for a game. 2 minutes of research could've told you that.
Don’t think you’d scratch one of your best players against CANADA 🇨🇦 though. Oops...I forgot, you’d think this was a meaningless game. LMAO
They scratched Turcotte, York, Farabee, and Wahlstrom against Finland. The same Finland team that beat Canada 8-3 the game before. Keep going though, this is entertaining.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27388
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 105 times
Age: 39

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Handyman » Mon Aug 05 12:14 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sun Aug 04 11:09 am
Handyman wrote:
Sun Aug 04 11:07 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Aug 04 10:40 am
This whole Fenton situation screams incompetence by the owner. He said Fenton wasn’t fired for the guys he drafted. Yeah right.
How do you pass on Spencer Knight and Cole Caufield?
Wonder how tickets sales are going......
You might want to read the actual article. It has almost nothing to do with the draft.
Except the part where the owner was compelled to babysit the GM at the draft?
That is one thing out of about 20. The draft is not why he lost his job and you know it.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27388
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 105 times
Age: 39

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Handyman » Mon Aug 05 12:16 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:12 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:09 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 5:02 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:52 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:25 pm
team22tank wrote:
Sun Aug 04 3:05 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 2:28 pm


Fenton went with the player that his son PJ liked :roll:
Per that article there is a ton to go after Fenton for. The 2019 draft and/Boldy is not one of them. In fact Russo made a point to address that the Wild rated very high in the draft. Probably knowing what an easy target it would be because his son was involved but they did a fine job based on the initial ratings.
So you think Boldy will be a more success NHL player than Caufield then? I’m not referring to the entire draft, just that pick. Boldy didn’t even dress against Canada. Round One goes to Caufield ☝️who had a snipe yesterday that would impress Brett Hull...
You think Boldy was scratched yesterday because of talent? Get a f*** clue
Was he injured? What other possible reason is there for him not being one of 13 forwards who dressed Saturday? Did he have a previous golf tee time?
It's a summer scrimmage tournament where the US brought a 31 player roster. Everyone, including your golden little smurf, was scratched for a game. 2 minutes of research could've told you that.
Don’t think you’d scratch one of your best players against CANADA 🇨🇦 though. Oops...I forgot, you’d think this was a meaningless game. LMAO
It is a meaningless game.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9851
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Mon Aug 05 8:47 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04 4:25 pm

So you think Boldy will be a more success NHL player than Caufield then? I’m not referring to the entire draft, just that pick. Boldy didn’t even dress against Canada. Round One goes to Caufield ☝️who had a snipe yesterday that would impress Brett Hull...
No. I think it is pretty silly to make a call on two highly touted prospects, 18 years old and which one is going to have more NHL success like it is set in stone.

Obviously Caulfield is talented but he also has had the benefit of playing with Hughes which isn't going to hurt anyone's game.

Jonathan Drouin was suppose to be a stud what happened there?

Boldy is an extremely well rounded player that is good at everything.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Aug 05 8:48 am

team22tank wrote:
Mon Aug 05 8:47 am

Boldy is an extremely well rounded player that is good at everything.
So, he's Charlie Coyle. My excitement can't be contained.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6209
Joined: Sun Jan 21 12:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times
Age: 46

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by g-manpuck » Mon Aug 05 9:11 am

At least with the Boldy pick there are way less people saying WTF like they did when the Wild drafted Filip Johannson in 2018.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9851
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Mon Aug 05 9:13 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Aug 05 8:48 am
team22tank wrote:
Mon Aug 05 8:47 am

Boldy is an extremely well rounded player that is good at everything.
So, he's Charlie Coyle. My excitement can't be contained.
No. Charlie Coyle, is not good at scoring, one 20 goal season in 7 years, two 15 goal seasons twice. Charlie, has very little vision and play making ability. He is not a point producer whatsoever, two 40 point seasons in 7 years, which wouldn't even be a standard for a point producer anyway. And he does not have a shot that is going to score from out around the dots, nor does he have that great of a release.

If you have 3-4 point per game type of players and are loaded up front, Charlie will fit in well as your 5-7 type of forward. You do not build around a Charlie Coyle.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Aug 05 9:29 am

Uh, huh. We should go out and find what they were saying about Granlund and Coyle back in the day. Never happened.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9851
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Mon Aug 05 9:38 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:29 am
Uh, huh. We should go out and find what they were saying about Granlund and Coyle back in the day. Never happened.
First, I wouldn't lump Granlund in with Coyle.

Second, if you want to think that Boldy's upside is what we know about Charlie Coyle in 2019 then so be it. Not to mention Charlie was a late round first rounder. Boldy was a top 10 type of prospect in a pretty loaded draft class.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Aug 05 9:57 am

I watched one game of the week long “jamboree” USA vs Canada 😉. Maybe Scott & Brett randomly scratched players irregardless of who USA was playing...but based on their proven successful pedigree as coaches...evidently Boldy was simply unlucky. Funny though how Turcotte, Caufield, Drury, Miller, York, Wahlstron, McLaughlin, Johnson, Brink, & Knight somehow by random “luck” did dress against Canada. Simply surprised Boldy wasn’t “lucky” enough to NOT be randomly scratched against 🇨🇦. It hey, it was a meaningless jamboree scrimmage...

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15414
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 72 times
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Aug 05 11:54 am

Currently under construction.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Mon Aug 05 12:16 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:57 am
I watched one game of the week long “jamboree” USA vs Canada 😉. Maybe Scott & Brett randomly scratched players irregardless of who USA was playing...but based on their proven successful pedigree as coaches...evidently Boldy was simply unlucky. Funny though how Turcotte, Caufield, Drury, Miller, York, Wahlstron, McLaughlin, Johnson, Brink, & Knight somehow by random “luck” did dress against Canada. Simply surprised Boldy wasn’t “lucky” enough to NOT be randomly scratched against 🇨🇦. It hey, it was a meaningless jamboree scrimmage...
Well, seeing that you watched 1 whole game out of the 6 that the US team played, it would be silly for anyone to question your intelligence on the matter.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13705
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Aug 05 3:00 pm

team22tank wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:38 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:29 am
Uh, huh. We should go out and find what they were saying about Granlund and Coyle back in the day. Never happened.
First, I wouldn't lump Granlund in with Coyle.

Second, if you want to think that Boldy's upside is what we know about Charlie Coyle in 2019 then so be it. Not to mention Charlie was a late round first rounder. Boldy was a top 10 type of prospect in a pretty loaded draft class.
You can lump them in the "Wild prospects we were all supposed to be giddy over that never panned out. Both fit in that bucket."
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7286
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Aug 05 5:26 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Aug 05 3:00 pm
team22tank wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:38 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:29 am
Uh, huh. We should go out and find what they were saying about Granlund and Coyle back in the day. Never happened.
First, I wouldn't lump Granlund in with Coyle.

Second, if you want to think that Boldy's upside is what we know about Charlie Coyle in 2019 then so be it. Not to mention Charlie was a late round first rounder. Boldy was a top 10 type of prospect in a pretty loaded draft class.
You can lump them in the "Wild prospects we were all supposed to be giddy over that never panned out. Both fit in that bucket."
I do admire the absolute conviction. Slap Shot's comment about " Defending the team as if your life depends on it " was remarkably on point.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9851
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Mon Aug 05 6:33 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Aug 05 5:26 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Aug 05 3:00 pm
team22tank wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:38 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:29 am
Uh, huh. We should go out and find what they were saying about Granlund and Coyle back in the day. Never happened.
First, I wouldn't lump Granlund in with Coyle.

Second, if you want to think that Boldy's upside is what we know about Charlie Coyle in 2019 then so be it. Not to mention Charlie was a late round first rounder. Boldy was a top 10 type of prospect in a pretty loaded draft class.
You can lump them in the "Wild prospects we were all supposed to be giddy over that never panned out. Both fit in that bucket."
I do admire the absolute conviction. Slap Shot's comment about " Defending the team as if your life depends on it " was remarkably on point.
Yes, not making matter of fact predictions on the careers of 18 year old prospects is really crazy stuff.

Keep egging Scooby on, he enjoys it.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7286
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Aug 05 9:42 pm

team22tank wrote:
Mon Aug 05 6:33 pm
Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Aug 05 5:26 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Aug 05 3:00 pm
team22tank wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:38 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:29 am
Uh, huh. We should go out and find what they were saying about Granlund and Coyle back in the day. Never happened.
First, I wouldn't lump Granlund in with Coyle.

Second, if you want to think that Boldy's upside is what we know about Charlie Coyle in 2019 then so be it. Not to mention Charlie was a late round first rounder. Boldy was a top 10 type of prospect in a pretty loaded draft class.
You can lump them in the "Wild prospects we were all supposed to be giddy over that never panned out. Both fit in that bucket."
I do admire the absolute conviction. Slap Shot's comment about " Defending the team as if your life depends on it " was remarkably on point.
Yes, not making matter of fact predictions on the careers of 18 year old prospects is really crazy stuff.

Keep egging Scooby on, he enjoys it.
He saw your GM was a fraud when you were making Stanley Cup predictions this past season for the Wild. 😆

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9851
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Tue Aug 06 9:26 am

Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:42 pm
team22tank wrote:
Mon Aug 05 6:33 pm

Yes, not making matter of fact predictions on the careers of 18 year old prospects is really crazy stuff.

Keep egging Scooby on, he enjoys it.
He saw your GM was a fraud when you were making Stanley Cup predictions this past season for the Wild. 😆
Plenty of posts to respond to and need to make stuff up!

I remember your measured, no-panic takes when the Blues were retooling for a couple of years. You crazy, die hard fan, "Defending the team as if your life depends on it!"

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Aug 06 10:15 am

team22tank wrote:
Tue Aug 06 9:26 am
Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Aug 05 9:42 pm
team22tank wrote:
Mon Aug 05 6:33 pm

Yes, not making matter of fact predictions on the careers of 18 year old prospects is really crazy stuff.

Keep egging Scooby on, he enjoys it.
He saw your GM was a fraud when you were making Stanley Cup predictions this past season for the Wild. 😆
Plenty of posts to respond to and need to make stuff up!

I remember your measured, no-panic takes when the Blues were retooling for a couple of years. You crazy, die hard fan, "Defending the team as if your life depends on it!"
I generally agree with many of your takes....and I Hope Boldy turns into a solid NHL player, nothing we can do with passing on Caufield now. Let 34 enjoy his glory...even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every 50 so years and the Blues found theirs. So the Wild’s blind squirrel is way past due 😅

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9851
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Tue Aug 06 10:34 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Aug 06 10:15 am

I generally agree with many of your takes....and I Hope Boldy turns into a solid NHL player, nothing we can do with passing on Caufield now. Let 34 enjoy his glory...even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every 50 so years and the Blues found theirs. So the Wild’s blind squirrel is way past due 😅
I totally getting someone wishing we would have picked Caufield, its the thinking anything is set in stone for their NHL careers.

Boldy can do it all, I hope he gets a chance to play Center some at BC to gain some experience there. I have no idea if they have any plans doing that.

I remember one poster wanting Bellows pretty adamantly over Kunin a few years ago. Bellows might not make it out of the AHL!

Post Reply