2019-2020 Wild Season

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 114 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Feb 02 11:25 am

You can't win if you don't score. It was 4-0 at one point. Yeah, the goaltending sucked but that was a team effort last night.

They have contract issues, age issues, center issues, forward issues, defensive issues, and goaltending issues. Sure, every team in the NHL has issues but the issues here are piling up. They're evidence that whatever window and core they had for their 6 year playoff run is done and they need a new core to start a new playoff run. That takes time.

The GM is doing his job. He doesn't want to just trade people to trade them.Somehow they were the BEST team in the entire NHL for about a month. And now they suck. He needs to figure that out. Something the last two guys never bothered doing.

I think the biggest problem they have is the veterans they do have and the guys in their "prime" right now won't be any good on any Cup contending team in the future. Not without a massive overhaul. There are some young players on the team but not nearly enough and not nearly consistent. I understand Boston had three rookies on the ice last night. How many rookies do the Wild have on the roster?
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

J22
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by J22 » Sun Feb 02 11:27 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sun Feb 02 11:25 am
You can't win if you don't score. It was 4-0 at one point. Yeah, the goaltending sucked but that was a team effort last night.

They have contract issues, age issues, center issues, forward issues, defensive issues, and goaltending issues. Sure, every team in the NHL has issues but the issues here are piling up. They're evidence that whatever window and core they had for their 6 year playoff run is done and they need a new core to start a new playoff run. That takes time.

The GM is doing his job. He doesn't want to just trade people to trade them.Somehow they were the BEST team in the entire NHL for about a month. And now they suck. He needs to figure that out. Something the last two guys never bothered doing.

I think the biggest problem they have is the veterans they do have and the guys in their "prime" right now won't be any good on any Cup contending team in the future. Not without a massive overhaul. There are some young players on the team but not nearly enough and not nearly consistent. I understand Boston had three rookies on the ice last night. How many rookies do the Wild have on the roster?
The GM has done nothing but sign one terrible contract

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Feb 02 11:33 am

Spurgeon? I see arguments going both ways on that one. It was again another "market" level deal in the vein of Fletcher. All market contracts are only terrible if they don't pan out. His numbers (excluding this year which, I honestly don't know) warranted that contract.
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

J22
Golden
Golden

Post by J22 » Sun Feb 02 11:37 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sun Feb 02 11:33 am
Spurgeon? I see arguments going both ways on that one. It was again another "market" level deal in the vein of Fletcher. All market contracts are only terrible if they don't pan out. His numbers (excluding this year which, I honestly don't know) warranted that contract.
No, they didn't.

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Bladepuller » Sun Feb 02 11:39 am

That was as sorry azz of an effort as I can remember last night.
Every ticket holder, other than Bruin fans, should get a full refund.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by streakygopher » Sun Feb 02 12:03 pm

J22 wrote:
Sun Feb 02 11:37 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
No, they didn't.
I don't keep up with contracts or salary caps or any of that stuff, but here is my list of guys that can clean out their lockers so the team can rebuild: Duby, Stalock, Staal, Koivu, Parise, Zucker, Pateryn. To a lesser extent, but trade if you get something good in return: Dumba, Suter, Spurgeon

Pretty much half of the team. Parise and Suter would be keepers if this team were knocking on the door, but I think it's obvious they aren't going to win anything with them on the roster.

Other guys like Hartman, Rask, Hunt et. al. aren't high quality players, but they are the type of depth guys that play on every team in the NHL.

The best possible outcome for this season is to go on a 2-to-1 tear and get eviscerated in the first round of the playoffs - unless the second coming of Laura Branagan is walkin' through the door. :)

J22
Golden
Golden

Post by J22 » Sun Feb 02 12:21 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Sun Feb 02 12:03 pm
J22 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
No, they didn't.
I don't keep up with contracts or salary caps or any of that stuff, but here is my list of guys that can clean out their lockers so the team can rebuild: Duby, Stalock, Staal, Koivu, Parise, Zucker, Pateryn. To a lesser extent, but trade if you get something good in return: Dumba, Suter, Spurgeon

Pretty much half of the team. Parise and Suter would be keepers if this team were knocking on the door, but I think it's obvious they aren't going to win anything with them on the roster.

Other guys like Hartman, Rask, Hunt et. al. aren't high quality players, but they are the type of depth guys that play on every team in the NHL.

The best possible outcome for this season is to go on a 2-to-1 tear and get eviscerated in the first round of the playoffs - unless the second coming of Laura Branagan is walkin' through the door. :)
I would move Staal to the Dumba, Suter, Spurgeon list but agree with everything else. Until you actually have an NHL level goaltender, it's really hard to evaluate anybody else on the roster. It's also pretty difficult to judge the potential of the young wingers when they don't get to play with quality centers.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 267 times

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Feb 02 2:11 pm

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 463 times

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Feb 02 2:19 pm

Bummer. You can blame me, I bought a Seeler jersey last season, with his old number nonetheless. 😐

team22tank
Veteran
Has liked: 11 times

Post by team22tank » Sun Feb 02 4:20 pm

J22 wrote:
Sun Feb 02 12:21 pm
streakygopher wrote:
J22 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
No, they didn't.

I would move Staal to the Dumba, Suter, Spurgeon list but agree with everything else. Until you actually have an NHL level goaltender, it's really hard to evaluate anybody else on the roster. It's also pretty difficult to judge the potential of the young wingers when they don't get to play with quality centers.
In addition to evaluating the Wingers and the team in general, correct with the goaltender and center situation.

You also have a coach, coaching for his life and he is riding the veterans in doing so.

The older guy, contracts thing will take care of itself. Koivu is done after this year it is looking like. Staal the year after that.

Then you have Parise and Suter left. I would consider Zucc old he has plenty of mild left and with som young speed and skill on the way he will work well with that.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Khovanov is on the team next year. Teams seem more and more willing to get young skill into the mix.

J22
Golden
Golden

Post by J22 » Sun Feb 02 4:46 pm

team22tank wrote:
Sun Feb 02 4:20 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Feb 02 12:21 pm
streakygopher wrote:
J22 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
No, they didn't.

In addition to evaluating the Wingers and the team in general, correct with the goaltender and center situation.

You also have a coach, coaching for his life and he is riding the veterans in doing so.

The older guy, contracts thing will take care of itself. Koivu is done after this year it is looking like. Staal the year after that.

Then you have Parise and Suter left. I would consider Zucc old he has plenty of mild left and with som young speed and skill on the way he will work well with that.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Khovanov is on the team next year. Teams seem more and more willing to get young skill into the mix.
Boudreau can go away with his buddy Stalock. Parise and Koivu are the only "old guys" that are getting in the way of anyone at this point, and I agree with you that Koivu probably isn't coming back next year.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Feb 02 7:54 pm

Torches and pitchforks are out.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Feb 03 11:45 am

Seeler is now a Hawk. Good luck. Hope things work out for him.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Feb 04 7:22 pm

Stalock goes to the bench thinking there is a delayed penalty being called. Wild was without a goalie for over 10 seconds, and somehow escapes it without giving up an empty net goal. Didn't this happen to Dubynk earlier this year?

Goldy77
Veteran
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Goldy77 » Tue Feb 04 7:42 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Tue Feb 04 7:22 pm
Stalock goes to the bench thinking there is a delayed penalty being called. Wild was without a goalie for over 10 seconds, and somehow escapes it without giving up an empty net goal. Didn't this happen to Dubynk earlier this year?
It’s happened before, not sure which goalie it was though.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Tue Feb 04 8:35 pm

Fiala two goals both created out of nothing.

Dear Bruce unleash the damn kid.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 913 times
Been liked: 630 times

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Feb 04 9:43 pm

Does Fiala leave the ice? What a shift!
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Feb 04 9:43 pm

DUMBA!!!
What a fun OT.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Tue Feb 04 9:45 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Tue Feb 04 9:43 pm
He’s unreal and Bruce has locked him up most the season.

Hopefully someday he gets to play with a C.

The amazing part was he had gas the entire shift until the very last part.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 122 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Feb 04 9:59 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
DUMBA!!!
What a fun OT.
Wooh...a much needed OT victory 👍

J22
Golden
Golden

Post by J22 » Tue Feb 04 10:57 pm

team22tank wrote:
Tue Feb 04 9:45 pm
Greyeagle wrote:
He’s unreal and Bruce has locked him up most the season.

Hopefully someday he gets to play with a C.

The amazing part was he had gas the entire shift until the very last part.
Might have been the best game played by a Wild forward this year and Fiala was 8th among forwards for 5 on 5 TOI tonight. It's time for Bruce to go away.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Wed Feb 05 10:23 pm

I feel like this was the bounce back game from the 2020 version of the on again, off again Minnesota Wild.

It was an exciting OT win, but they played well enough to win outright and couldn't do enough to withhold that important point from Chicago.

Edit: Yes, that Fiala for Granlund deal is starting to look pretty good from this end.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Thu Feb 06 8:53 am

streakygopher wrote:
Wed Feb 05 10:23 pm
I feel like this was the bounce back game from the 2020 version of the on again, off again Minnesota Wild.

It was an exciting OT win, but they played well enough to win outright and couldn't do enough to withhold that important point from Chicago.

Edit: Yes, that Fiala for Granlund deal is starting to look pretty good from this end.
Stalock let in a goal from the corner blue line and the half wall. Two shots, floated at the net in one period.

NHL goalies don’t let goals in from there. He managed to let in two of them in a few minutes.

Contrast that with a team like the Hawks getting .923 and .912 goaltending. They got a point against the Wild and one last night against the Bruins. Two games they had no business being in and they walk away with 2 of 4 points.

It would be interesting to simulate where the Wild would be with those two save percentages. Versus trotting out a .904 and .890 each night.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Thu Feb 06 11:21 am

Worse, bad goal tending really is pervasive. The skaters start to feel like anything they do could be undone by crappy net minding. Not a good culture for a team. To me, it's like the average to decent Vikings teams with Ponder at the helm. Instead of 9-7 and the playoffs, it's 7-9 watching from home.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Feb 06 9:47 pm

Psst - The Wild won! I only saw the end but sounded like a good effort....even from Stalock. 😮

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 200 times

Post by Karlsson » Thu Feb 06 10:59 pm

Stalock looked like a fish out of water way too often. Lucky for him the skaters did a good job boxing the Canucks out. The Canucks not being able to hit the broad side of a barn also helped.

Fiala looked great again. Hope it continues.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Thu Feb 06 11:02 pm

Fiala for Granlund straight up?

Go

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Thu Feb 06 11:14 pm

team22tank wrote:
Thu Feb 06 11:02 pm
Fiala for Granlund straight up?

Go
Tough call. Both look just a little boss eyed.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Feb 06 11:42 pm

Fiala is far more visually enjoyable. :mrgreen:

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Feb 07 10:10 pm

Huge win!

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Fri Feb 07 10:25 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Feb 07 10:10 pm
Huge win!
Sure was Mr. Eagle.!

Kelor
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Kelor » Sun Feb 09 6:45 pm

The main camera in tonight's game is absolutely horrible. I thought I wasn't on the HD channel at first, but then noticed the other cameras are fine. Everything is fuzzy.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Feb 09 7:21 pm

When I was in my early 20s I coached a peewee team with a buddy. During the year the association had a charity game where coaches played against "Team Media", which included, among others, Eric Strobel. So I'm playing D, Eric picks up the puck on his blue line, I'm on my red line and basically before I could even turn around he's deking our goalie for a goal.

I am pretty sure that is how NHL defensemen feel when they see Nathan MacKinnon coming at them one-on-one.

:lol:

Butters Stotch
Rookie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Butters Stotch » Sun Feb 09 7:39 pm

Holy hell.......what a softie.

Kelor
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Kelor » Sun Feb 09 7:40 pm

Dubes pulls a Dubes. 0-1 shorthanded goal for the Avs.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Feb 09 8:04 pm

My God, that 3rd goal Dubbs gave up was 🤬 BRUTAL. He needs to come out, jeez do your job BRUCE & get his arse out of there ☝️

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Feb 09 8:09 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Feb 09 8:04 pm
My God, that 3rd goal Dubbs gave up was 🤬 BRUTAL. He needs to come out, jeez do your job BRUCE & get his arse out of there ☝️
The whole sequence was brutal.
Bad pass to the wing on the breakout.
The wing still needs to, at the very least chip that over the blue line.
Avs then get a shot and dubs shows no capacity to control a rebound.
As the forwards watch the play unfold Landespuke buries it from the slot.

Dubs did just get a nice little Billy Smith on MacKinnon so at least we know he's alive.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Feb 09 8:14 pm

Kevin Fiala.....silky smooth! :shock: :good2:

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden

Post by Bladepuller » Sun Feb 09 8:24 pm

Kudos to Kunin for blasting GL on the boards just before the period end

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden

Post by Bladepuller » Sun Feb 09 8:25 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Feb 09 8:04 pm
My God, that 3rd goal Dubbs gave up was 🤬 BRUTAL. He needs to come out, jeez do your job BILLY & get his arse out of there ☝️
FYP

Goldy77
Veteran
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Goldy77 » Sun Feb 09 8:31 pm

Kind of seems like if the Wild want to make a push for the playoffs, Stalocks their best bet. If they want to get in on the Lafreniere sweepstakes, play Dubnyk.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Feb 09 9:03 pm

At game... where is Greenway?

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Feb 09 9:12 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:
Sun Feb 09 9:03 pm
At game... where is Greenway?
Haven't heard anything and could not find any reference on Twitter.
I did rediscover what a whiny bitch fanbase the Avs when have when I searched, so there's that. :mrgreen:

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Sun Feb 09 9:26 pm

Fiala not enough to overcome Duby's horsebleep goal tending.

Big game and the "stars" are held off the score sheet...again.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Feb 09 9:31 pm

I like how the team is gelling. If they could get any goaltending....

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Feb 09 9:35 pm

Shout out to the NHL for finally adding the RW column this season!
https://www.nhl.com/standings/2019/league
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

J22
Golden
Golden

Post by J22 » Sun Feb 09 9:43 pm

It would be nice if someone could explain to Guerin what his job actually is.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Sun Feb 09 10:16 pm

J22 wrote:
Sun Feb 09 9:43 pm
At least Fenton robbed Nashville. They are going to kick themselves for years on that one.

And unless something bizarre happens Fiala should be in a Wild sweater for the next 10 years.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Mon Feb 10 12:39 am

team22tank wrote:
Sun Feb 09 10:16 pm
J22 wrote:
Sun Feb 09 9:43 pm
At least Fenton robbed Nashville. They are going to kick themselves for years on that one.

And unless something bizarre happens Fiala should be in a Wild sweater for the next 10 years.
That would be ideal seeing as I just bought a Fiala jersey at the game tonight. 😬

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Feb 10 5:05 am

Dubnyk on 1st goal: "You never want to give up a shorthanded goal or a shot from distance. It was a little bit of bad luck. It kind of hit me in the hip and then actually when I squeezed my hand I pulled it back in with my knob of my stick. That's certainly one I'd like to stop."
Hey Dubnyk, no excuses, the team is fighting for their playoff life, so it is a puck you must stop. Tired of the excuses he always has.

I hate it for the people shelling out big bucks for season tickets, but the best thing for the franchise is to lose its way to a better pick this year. They don't need a total rebuild, just a reset, I feel the worse thing that could happen again is finish in the middle or make the playoffs and get swept. The goaltending is AHL level at this point. I'm sure all the stuff happening with his wife is part of this, which I do feel bad for him on that. But, his save % and GAA has been going in the wrong direction for the past few years. Maybe it is time to bring up Kahkonen and give him a shot. Maybe Deven finds it back next year.

J22
Golden
Golden

Post by J22 » Mon Feb 10 9:37 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Feb 10 5:05 am
Dubnyk on 1st goal: "You never want to give up a shorthanded goal or a shot from distance. It was a little bit of bad luck. It kind of hit me in the hip and then actually when I squeezed my hand I pulled it back in with my knob of my stick. That's certainly one I'd like to stop."
Hey Dubnyk, no excuses, the team is fighting for their playoff life, so it is a puck you must stop. Tired of the excuses he always has.

I hate it for the people shelling out big bucks for season tickets, but the best thing for the franchise is to lose its way to a better pick this year. They don't need a total rebuild, just a reset, I feel the worse thing that could happen again is finish in the middle or make the playoffs and get swept. The goaltending is AHL level at this point. I'm sure all the stuff happening with his wife is part of this, which I do feel bad for him on that. But, his save % and GAA has been going in the wrong direction for the past few years. Maybe it is time to bring up Kahkonen and give him a shot. Maybe Deven finds it back next year.
There's no way that Guerin can bring Dubnyk back next year. It's bad enough that he has thrown this season in the trash by doing nothing about the goaltending.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Feb 10 9:47 am

J22 wrote:
Mon Feb 10 9:37 am
frozen4champs wrote:

There's no way that Guerin can bring Dubnyk back next year. It's bad enough that he has thrown this season in the trash by doing nothing about the goaltending.
Agree 100%. And when me & J22 agree on something 100%...it’s got to be the truth 😉 :crazy: And I repeat, agree with his above statement 100%☝️

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Feb 10 9:57 am

Fire Guerin. Bring back Fenton.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Feb 10 10:10 am

To be honest the biggest thing I cannot figure out is why a team in this position signs to over 30 year old players to long term contracts last summer. It made no sense then and it makes no sense now. Zuccarello and Zucker has similar stats this season. And Jason broke his leg. Zuccarello's spot could have been given to a younger player.

Spurgeon could have been traded at the trade deadline.

As for the goalies. You have to develop them. Two of the goalies that were in the Wild system at one point are having pretty decent seasons this year. Some wrong decisions were made at some point.

All they did this offseason is balloon their over 30 contracts and the over 30 crowd isn't getting anything done this season. Staal is up and down like a yo-yo. Dubnyk is horrid. Spurgeon is having one of his worst seasons. Zuccarello hasn't panned out. Parise is the top scorer again. If Parise is your top scorer you're doing it wrong. And Koivu? He may be done for good.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Feb 10 10:12 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Feb 10 9:57 am
Let’s not get crazy Scooby😉 I’m glad Fenton is gone and Billy is at the helm. But he does need to make some moves ahead of next seasons opener...so far he’s made NONE.

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden

Post by Bladepuller » Mon Feb 10 10:22 am

Only BG & CL, I will venture, know what BG said to get the job.
It may be a situation where they let it ride this year until trade deadline / off season & then make moves.
No way was this team a Cup contender last fall, no matter who was the goalie IMHO.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Mon Feb 10 10:37 am

frozen4champs wrote:

The whole do poorly for a better draft pick is over rated to begin with.

For the Wild’s situation say of getting into the playoffs or just missing you are talking a couple of picks difference.

It’s not like they have a shot at ending up with a top 5 pick.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Mon Feb 10 10:40 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Feb 10 10:12 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Feb 10 9:57 am
Let’s not get crazy Scooby😉 I’m glad Fenton is gone and Billy is at the helm. But he does need to make some moves ahead of next seasons opener...so far he’s made NONE.
Let’s be honest Guerin knows what went down and happened to his predecessor. Literally every single thing he did was, “you can’t do that.”

“Billy” doesn’t want to start off on the wrong foot over at the little family resort in St. Paul.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Mon Feb 10 10:45 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Feb 10 10:10 am
To be honest the biggest thing I cannot figure out is why a team in this position signs to over 30 year old players to long term contracts last summer. It made no sense then and it makes no sense now. Zuccarello and Zucker has similar stats this season. And Jason broke his leg. Zuccarello's spot could have been given to a younger player.

Spurgeon could have been traded at the trade deadline.

As for the goalies. You have to develop them. Two of the goalies that were in the Wild system at one point are having pretty decent seasons this year. Some wrong decisions were made at some point.

All they did this offseason is balloon their over 30 contracts and the over 30 crowd isn't getting anything done this season. Staal is up and down like a yo-yo. Dubnyk is horrid. Spurgeon is having one of his worst seasons. Zuccarello hasn't panned out. Parise is the top scorer again. If Parise is your top scorer you're doing it wrong. And Koivu? He may be done for good.
Zucc didn’t pan out in what regard? On pace for 48 points and 22 goals. He is sure panning out better than Granlund.

And we have Fiala and Zucc.

Next year he will be playing with Fiala or Kaprizov permanently.

Still need to work on C.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Feb 10 10:48 am

He didn't pan out. He should be outscoring Zucker by leaps and bounds with the contract he got. Zucker is on the way out. He just got here. He was coveted.

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 255 times

Post by Vegoe » Mon Feb 10 11:26 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Feb 10 10:48 am
He didn't pan out. He should be outscoring Zucker by leaps and bounds with the contract he got. Zucker is on the way out. He just got here. He was coveted.
Zuccarello does have a 10 team no move clause starting in 2022. The actual contract money for for him isn't an anchor considering he was a UFA... probably just the timing of the deal with where the franchise sits right now and a year or two too long. He looks like a consistent 50-60 point player in the NHL, something that Zucker has been just once.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Feb 10 11:58 am

Vegoe wrote:
Mon Feb 10 11:26 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Feb 10 10:48 am
Zuccarello does have a 10 team no move clause starting in 2022. The actual contract money for for him isn't an anchor considering he was a UFA... probably just the timing of the deal with where the franchise sits right now and a year or two too long. He looks like a consistent 50-60 point player in the NHL, something that Zucker has been just once.
LOL. Zucker had a broken leg this year and he's still pacing Zuccarello.

J22
Golden
Golden

Post by J22 » Mon Feb 10 12:08 pm

Zuccarello was playing really well until Boudreau threw the Parise sandbag on his line. Zucker was never intended to be on this roster. Neither was Spurgeon until Fenton got fired.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Feb 10 12:10 pm

J22 wrote:
Mon Feb 10 12:08 pm
Zuccarello was playing really well until Boudreau threw the Parise sandbag on his line. Zucker was never intended to be on this roster. Neither was Spurgeon until Fenton got fired.
Zucker has been banished to the 4th line and had a broken leg. Zuccarello has consistently played with the best center they have.

J22
Golden
Golden

Post by J22 » Mon Feb 10 12:23 pm

And Zuccarello was on a 60-65 point pace until Boudreau moved Parise to the 1st line. Same reason that Staal has gone into the shitter in the past few weeks.

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 255 times

Post by Vegoe » Mon Feb 10 12:40 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Feb 10 11:58 am
Zucker has one good year of production and has been slightly above average for him this year.

Zucker Age - GP- G - A - Pts - PPG
2015-16 24 MIN NHL 71 13 10 23 0.32
2016-17 25 MIN NHL 79 22 25 47 0.59
2017-18 26 MIN NHL 82 33 31 64 0.78
2018-19 27 MIN NHL 81 21 21 42 0.52
2019-20 28 MIN NHL 45 14 15 29 0.64

Zucc Age Tm Lg GP G A PTS PPG
2010-11 23 NYR NHL 42 6 17 23 0.55
2011-12 24 NYR NHL 10 2 1 3 0.30
2012-13 25 NYR NHL 15 3 5 8 0.53
2013-14 26 NYR NHL 77 19 40 59 0.77
2014-15 27 NYR NHL 78 15 34 49 0.63
2015-16 28 NYR NHL 81 26 35 61 0.75
2016-17 29 NYR NHL 80 15 44 59 0.74
2017-18 30 NYR NHL 80 16 37 53 0.66
2018-19 31 NY/D NHL 48 12 28 40 0.83
2019-20 32 MIN NHL 51 14 16 30 0.59

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Feb 10 12:54 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Mon Feb 10 12:40 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Zucker has one good year of production and has been slightly above average for him this year.

Yes. And I'm still right. Zucc is now at the age where he is going to tail off, not rise. Zucker still has a shot of playing above his average for a few years.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Mon Feb 10 1:22 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Feb 10 12:54 pm
Vegoe wrote:
Mon Feb 10 12:40 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:

Yes. And I'm still right. Zucc is now at the age where he is going to tail off, not rise. Zucker still has a shot of playing above his average for a few years.
Not sure why you are concerned about a Zucc vs Zucker comparison anyway?

Zucker was suppose to be gone last year to start building over the next couple of years and the arrival of Kaprizov. That didn’t pan out. To point to how obvious it is even new GM will be moving Zucker. Your comparison will have to wait a year when the Russian arrives. That is the reason he is on his way out.

Zucc is here because they moved Granlund for Fiala and freed up cap. As I asked last Summer would someone rather have Fiala + Zucc or Granlund? Well now the question is even more Obvious as no one in their right mind would trade Fiala for Granlund straight up even.

Two young wingers are going to be the featured players. Not Zucker, he has proved he is not that guy.

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by gopherguy13 » Mon Feb 10 7:26 pm

At first glance this seems like a solid return for Zucker.
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Mon Feb 10 7:42 pm

Galchenyuk one more 50 point season to his name than Zucker.

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Mon Feb 10 7:45 pm

Wow. Addison and a first? Surprising.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Mon Feb 10 7:53 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Mon Feb 10 7:45 pm
Wow. Addison and a first? Surprising.
It’s because Galchenyuk is a UFA so odds are he isn’t here next year.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Mon Feb 10 8:03 pm

1st round pick and good right handed d-man prospect. I like it. Now trade Dumba.

J22
Golden
Golden

Post by J22 » Mon Feb 10 8:03 pm

team22tank wrote:
Mon Feb 10 7:42 pm
Galchenyuk isn't much more than a cap dump at this point. Good deal for Guerin. Addison is a good prospect but doesn't really fit a need. Hopefully Boudreau will play Galchenyuk at center an see what happens

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Mon Feb 10 8:07 pm

J22 wrote:
Mon Feb 10 8:03 pm
team22tank wrote:
Mon Feb 10 7:42 pm
Galchenyuk isn't much more than a cap dump at this point. Good deal for Guerin. Addison is a good prospect but doesn't really fit a need. Hopefully Boudreau will play Galchenyuk at center an see what happens
He will be the #2 C for sure. If he gets going a bit and someone comes calling you can move him again at the deadline. Depending Where the Wild are positioned.