2019-2020 Wild Season

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 05 10:43 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Oct 05 10:42 pm
Fiala has to score there, that’s just unacceptable
He's a superstar.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sat Oct 05 10:47 pm

Yeah too bad they spotted them 2 goals before they started to play.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2659
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Karlsson » Sat Oct 05 11:05 pm

At least they played something resembling hockey there. Baby steps.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13937
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by streakygopher » Sun Oct 06 1:43 am

It's quite possible that these young guys like Ek, Fiala, Greenway and Kunin may never turn into above average NHL scorers. That would hurt.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5182
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Oct 06 5:16 am

This quite likely will be a LOONNG YEAR for the Wild.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Oct 06 7:56 am

streakygopher wrote:
Sun Oct 06 1:43 am
It's quite possible that these young guys like Ek, Fiala, Greenway and Kunin may never turn into above average NHL scorers. That would hurt.
Good post. I agree. And one Russian doesn't fix it.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Oct 06 9:29 am

Staal needs to contribute. Looks lazy more than slow. -5 for the year.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Oct 06 11:21 am

Well. Of my list of things that needed to happen this season a couple are and a couple are not. They need all of them to happen to have a good season.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13350
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Oct 06 11:27 am

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Oct 06 9:29 am
Staal needs to contribute. Looks lazy more than slow. -5 for the year.
Waaaaay too many old guys on that roster still. Wild won't be a contender until Parise, Koivu, Staal, and others have been recycled for younger players that are actually good enough to replace their skill.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Oct 06 11:50 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Oct 06 11:27 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sun Oct 06 9:29 am
Staal needs to contribute. Looks lazy more than slow. -5 for the year.
Waaaaay too many old guys on that roster still. Wild won't be a contender until Parise, Koivu, Staal, and others have been recycled for younger players that are actually good enough to replace their skill.
Part of the problem is the older guys just go the motions in preseason. The younger guys are busting the butts trying to displace the older guys. Are the older guys really ready when the season starts? Koivu, and Parise were much better. Staal not so good. Suter meh.

Now an older player is whining that Boudreau is juggling lines to much. :conf2:

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 35 times
Age: 40
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Vegoe » Thu Oct 10 10:29 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sun Oct 06 7:56 am
streakygopher wrote:
Sun Oct 06 1:43 am
It's quite possible that these young guys like Ek, Fiala, Greenway and Kunin may never turn into above average NHL scorers. That would hurt.
Good post. I agree. And one Russian doesn't fix it.
What about two Russians?

https://thehockeywriters.com/mikhail-gr ... -attitude/

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Oct 10 10:32 am

Vegoe wrote:
Thu Oct 10 10:29 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sun Oct 06 7:56 am
streakygopher wrote:
Sun Oct 06 1:43 am
It's quite possible that these young guys like Ek, Fiala, Greenway and Kunin may never turn into above average NHL scorers. That would hurt.
Good post. I agree. And one Russian doesn't fix it.
What about two Russians?

https://thehockeywriters.com/mikhail-gr ... -attitude/
I saw that. I really like the idea. :good2:
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Thu Oct 10 12:16 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Thu Oct 10 10:29 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sun Oct 06 7:56 am
streakygopher wrote:
Sun Oct 06 1:43 am
It's quite possible that these young guys like Ek, Fiala, Greenway and Kunin may never turn into above average NHL scorers. That would hurt.
Good post. I agree. And one Russian doesn't fix it.
What about two Russians?

https://thehockeywriters.com/mikhail-gr ... -attitude/
I'm not sure a guy that has already bailed back to the KHL once is the guy that you would want Kaprizov hanging out with. Not to mention that the Wild already have a few LW's

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7300
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 57 times
Age: 101
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by JWG » Thu Oct 10 10:24 pm

With tonight’s loss the Wild are one of 4 teams with 0 points this season so far. We’re going all in on trying to be this season’s Blues.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7332
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Thirty-Four » Thu Oct 10 10:29 pm

JWG wrote:
Thu Oct 10 10:24 pm
With tonight’s loss the Wild are one of 4 teams with 0 points this season so far. We’re going all in on trying to be this season’s Blues.
If they pull it off, 1000 times the achievement. This team had none of the expectations or talent.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15596
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 140 times
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Oct 10 11:32 pm

Last time they started 0-3?
Currently under construction.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Oct 11 8:30 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Oct 10 11:32 pm
Last time they started 0-3?
2013 I think I heard last night.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5182
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Oct 11 9:52 am

Tough going 0-3 against division opponents & then opening at home vs Crosby & the Pens. Then back on the road for 3. This team will likely be 2-5 after 7 games and could be 1-6 or even 0-7. It’s going to be long year, they simply don’t have anybody who buries the puck with ease. Very doubtful Bruce survives this season.

User avatar
Goldy77
Veteran
Posts: 943
Joined: Wed Feb 01 10:06 am
Location: New Prague, MN
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Age: 31

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Goldy77 » Fri Oct 11 10:07 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Fri Oct 11 9:52 am
Tough going 0-3 against division opponents & then opening at home vs Crosby & the Pens. Then back on the road for 3. This team will likely be 2-5 after 7 games and could be 1-6 or even 0-7. It’s going to be long year, they simply don’t have anybody who buries the puck with ease. Very doubtful Bruce survives this season.
Sounds good to me, this team needs talent badly.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Oct 11 10:07 am

Good defensive core, average goalie, and the worst 12 forward combination in the NHL. Can't expect much. Bummed Bruce will be gone. He's the best they've ever had at that position.. I doubt it gets any better.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5182
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Oct 11 10:42 am

That pretty much sums it ALL up accurately Scobby ☝️

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7300
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 57 times
Age: 101
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by JWG » Fri Oct 11 11:07 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11 10:07 am
Good defensive core, average goalie, and the worst 12 forward combination in the NHL. Can't expect much. Bummed Bruce will be gone. He's the best they've ever had at that position.. I doubt it gets any better.
I am confident the Wild can find another head coach retread who has served his time at 2-3 other teams in the role.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Oct 11 11:08 am

JWG wrote:
Fri Oct 11 11:07 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11 10:07 am
Good defensive core, average goalie, and the worst 12 forward combination in the NHL. Can't expect much. Bummed Bruce will be gone. He's the best they've ever had at that position.. I doubt it gets any better.
I am confident the Wild can find another head coach retread who has served his time at 2-3 other teams in the role.
Sure. After all they tried Yeo at the most important time in their history ad he epically failed.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15596
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 140 times
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Oct 11 11:53 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11 11:08 am
JWG wrote:
Fri Oct 11 11:07 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11 10:07 am
Good defensive core, average goalie, and the worst 12 forward combination in the NHL. Can't expect much. Bummed Bruce will be gone. He's the best they've ever had at that position.. I doubt it gets any better.
I am confident the Wild can find another head coach retread who has served his time at 2-3 other teams in the role.
Sure. After all they tried Yeo at the most important time in their history ad he epically failed.
This season is likely going to be a dumpster fire but forever too?
Currently under construction.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Fri Oct 11 12:23 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11 11:08 am
JWG wrote:
Fri Oct 11 11:07 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11 10:07 am
Good defensive core, average goalie, and the worst 12 forward combination in the NHL. Can't expect much. Bummed Bruce will be gone. He's the best they've ever had at that position.. I doubt it gets any better.
I am confident the Wild can find another head coach retread who has served his time at 2-3 other teams in the role.
Sure. After all they tried Yeo at the most important time in their history ad he epically failed.
Yeo won 4 playoff series in 7 years. Boudreau has won 5 in 13 years

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Oct 11 12:25 pm

Sweet. Hire Yeo back.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 9950
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times
Age: 36

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by team22tank » Fri Oct 11 1:13 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Oct 10 11:32 pm
Last time they started 0-3?
This is the first time.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Fri Oct 11 1:28 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11 10:07 am
Good defensive core, average goalie, and the worst 12 forward combination in the NHL. Can't expect much. Bummed Bruce will be gone. He's the best they've ever had at that position.. I doubt it gets any better.
They have played better in each game. They are getting scoring chances but can't finish. Epic meltdown on the 4 on 4 in the 3rd. Forwards not dropping back when Spurgeon pinched. It could really get ugly if they lose (as Jacques would say) to the Penquin Saturday. I would say eventually Gueren is going to want to bring his own coach or shake things up with a trade. Dumba is probably the only asset that could bring a top six forward and scorer.

User avatar
F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1858
Joined: Wed Feb 16 11:09 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by F Da Sue » Fri Oct 11 2:05 pm

JWG wrote:
Fri Oct 11 11:07 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11 10:07 am
Good defensive core, average goalie, and the worst 12 forward combination in the NHL. Can't expect much. Bummed Bruce will be gone. He's the best they've ever had at that position.. I doubt it gets any better.
I am confident the Wild can find another head coach retread who has served his time at 2-3 other teams in the role.
Another retread with a top 3 wining percentage all time?

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sat Oct 12 10:43 am

Rask to make his season debut with the Wild tonight. That should get the offense going. :dance: Donato out.
Seeler out.. Soucy in.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 10:47 am

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:43 am
Rask to make his season debut with the Wild tonight. That should get the offense going. :dance: Donato out.
Seeler out.. Soucy in.
Fantastic. I know if I was going to home opener I'd rather see Rask than Donato. So glad Seeler is another failed Wild development.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sat Oct 12 10:51 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:47 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:43 am
Rask to make his season debut with the Wild tonight. That should get the offense going. :dance: Donato out.
Seeler out.. Soucy in.
Fantastic. I know if I was going to home opener I'd rather see Rask than Donato. So glad Seeler is another failed Wild development.
I don't think he's a failed development. More that Soucy has played so well and Boudreau thinks he needs to calm down and stop taking so many penalties.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5182
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Oct 12 10:51 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:47 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:43 am
Rask to make his season debut with the Wild tonight. That should get the offense going. :dance: Donato out.
Seeler out.. Soucy in.
Fantastic. I know if I was going to home opener I'd rather see Rask than Donato.
LMAO 😂 :ahhh:

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 11:01 am

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:51 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:47 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:43 am
Rask to make his season debut with the Wild tonight. That should get the offense going. :dance: Donato out.
Seeler out.. Soucy in.
Fantastic. I know if I was going to home opener I'd rather see Rask than Donato. So glad Seeler is another failed Wild development.
I don't think he's a failed development. More that Soucy has played so well and Boudreau thinks he needs to calm down and stop taking so many penalties.
So, Seeler needs some Taylor Swift in the head phones before warm ups?
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sat Oct 12 11:08 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:01 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:51 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:47 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:43 am
Rask to make his season debut with the Wild tonight. That should get the offense going. :dance: Donato out.
Seeler out.. Soucy in.
Fantastic. I know if I was going to home opener I'd rather see Rask than Donato. So glad Seeler is another failed Wild development.
I don't think he's a failed development. More that Soucy has played so well and Boudreau thinks he needs to calm down and stop taking so many penalties.
So, Seeler needs some Taylor Swift in the head phones before warm ups?
That's what the coach said. I like the fact he will stick up for his teammates.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 11:13 am

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:08 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:01 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:51 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:47 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:43 am
Rask to make his season debut with the Wild tonight. That should get the offense going. :dance: Donato out.
Seeler out.. Soucy in.
Fantastic. I know if I was going to home opener I'd rather see Rask than Donato. So glad Seeler is another failed Wild development.
I don't think he's a failed development. More that Soucy has played so well and Boudreau thinks he needs to calm down and stop taking so many penalties.
So, Seeler needs some Taylor Swift in the head phones before warm ups?
That's what the coach said. I like the fact he will stick up for his teammates.
Everyone likes that. Even the coach. But, he must be really bad at it if he's such a liability he can't play.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5182
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Oct 12 11:16 am

Soucy can bring the same element (as Seeler) too☝️

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5182
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Oct 12 11:18 am

Finishing on scoring chances will be what matters against the Pens...not tough guy stuff (anyway) .

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 35 times
Age: 40
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Vegoe » Sat Oct 12 11:20 am

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:08 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:01 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:51 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:47 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:43 am
Rask to make his season debut with the Wild tonight. That should get the offense going. :dance: Donato out.
Seeler out.. Soucy in.
Fantastic. I know if I was going to home opener I'd rather see Rask than Donato. So glad Seeler is another failed Wild development.
I don't think he's a failed development. More that Soucy has played so well and Boudreau thinks he needs to calm down and stop taking so many penalties.
So, Seeler needs some Taylor Swift in the head phones before warm ups?
That's what the coach said. I like the fact he will stick up for his teammates.
It's fine to stick up for your teammates, it's another thing to clutch and grab in the NHL like he did in the first ten minutes against Nashville. No need to grab Granlund, he's got like 30 lbs on him and should just be able to bump him off the puck.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4818
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 62 times
Age: 53

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Oct 12 11:21 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:16 am
Soucy can bring the same element (as Seeler) too☝️
That is true. Both can take dumb penalties.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 11:22 am

Yeah, that's the failed development part. All these players that grow up in the Wild's system (or did anyway) have these tremendous gaps in their game play.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Sat Oct 12 11:29 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:22 am
Yeah, that's the failed development part. All these players that grow up in the Wild's system (or did anyway) have these tremendous gaps in their game play.
Developing 2 guys that can play the same position, is a failure? Yeah, that makes sense

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 11:35 am

J22 wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:29 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:22 am
Yeah, that's the failed development part. All these players that grow up in the Wild's system (or did anyway) have these tremendous gaps in their game play.
Developing 2 guys that can play the same position, is a failure? Yeah, that makes sense
I agree. It's not as bad as not developing a single forward or center that can score.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Sat Oct 12 11:38 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:35 am
J22 wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:29 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:22 am
Yeah, that's the failed development part. All these players that grow up in the Wild's system (or did anyway) have these tremendous gaps in their game play.
Developing 2 guys that can play the same position, is a failure? Yeah, that makes sense
I agree. It's not as bad as not developing a single forward or center that can score.
As long as you have something to whine about, who really cares if it makes any sense. Right?

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 11:49 am

J22 wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:38 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:35 am
J22 wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:29 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 11:22 am
Yeah, that's the failed development part. All these players that grow up in the Wild's system (or did anyway) have these tremendous gaps in their game play.
Developing 2 guys that can play the same position, is a failure? Yeah, that makes sense
I agree. It's not as bad as not developing a single forward or center that can score.
As long as you have something to whine about, who really cares if it makes any sense. Right?
Name the forward.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 14106
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 11 times
Age: 31

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by trixR4kids » Sat Oct 12 12:19 pm

Malkin is out for a while as is Bjugstad so the pens forward depth is already somewhat depleted. Not to mention the PP without him and Kessel (traded) looks pretty weak now.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4818
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 62 times
Age: 53

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Oct 12 9:16 pm

Great effort again

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 9:16 pm

Forwards non existent again tonight.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

fightclub30
Veteran
Posts: 3513
Joined: Mon Apr 18 9:45 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 33

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by fightclub30 » Sat Oct 12 9:22 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12 9:16 pm
Forwards non existent again tonight.
Neither was the goalie or Defense. Unfortunately I'm at this game.

Embarrassing

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sat Oct 12 9:31 pm

About time someone got in Hornquist’s face. Can’t let someone abuse your goalie like that.
I would expect more fireworks.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4818
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 62 times
Age: 53

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Oct 12 9:33 pm

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 9:31 pm
About time someone got in Hornquist’s face. Can’t let someone abuse your goalie like that.
I would expect more fireworks.
If only Seeler was playing....

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 9:33 pm

Rask is having a great game.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sat Oct 12 9:35 pm

Koivu did give Hornquist the angry Mikko face.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15596
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 140 times
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Oct 12 9:42 pm

Fire the coach. Seriously.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 9:44 pm

May as well.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Sat Oct 12 9:46 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Oct 12 9:42 pm
Fire the coach. Seriously.
I think he quit some time last February and he can't believe that they're still paying him

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 9:49 pm

Quit the same time the players did.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
gopheritall
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2043
Joined: Thu Mar 25 10:09 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 5 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by gopheritall » Sat Oct 12 9:52 pm

How about we go for 0-82-0...

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 9:53 pm

Hartman and Foligno are now considered line 1.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sat Oct 12 10:00 pm

Erickson-Ek the Mild’s best player tonight.

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4375
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 26 times
Age: 60

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Chris83 » Sat Oct 12 10:00 pm

Tank for...okay, who should the Wild be tanking for in the 2020 draft?
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1100
Joined: Tue Jul 29 12:50 pm
Location: NW Metro
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 16 times
Age: 48

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Sat Oct 12 10:01 pm

And yet 20,000 Wild sheep still show up to every game. Until fans stop coming to games, nothing will change.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sat Oct 12 10:09 pm

If the Wild come back from the Canadian road trip winless you would have to think Gueren shakes things up.
Last edited by Grovetown Scotty on Sat Oct 12 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3162
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Bladepuller » Sat Oct 12 10:10 pm

Bruce deserves better
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5182
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Oct 12 10:10 pm

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:09 pm
If the Wild come back from the Canadian road trip winless you would have to shake things up.
0-7 is a distinct possibility at this point ☝️

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13920
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 51

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Oct 12 10:10 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:00 pm
Tank for...okay, who should the Wild be tanking for in the 2020 draft?
They'd just lose the lottery anyway.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4818
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 62 times
Age: 53

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Oct 12 10:14 pm


User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sat Oct 12 10:18 pm

They should put Spurgeon back with Suter.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7300
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 57 times
Age: 101
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by JWG » Sat Oct 12 10:36 pm

0-4, that’s exciting.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 35 times
Age: 40
Contact:

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Vegoe » Sun Oct 13 12:09 am

Chris83 wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:00 pm
Tank for...okay, who should the Wild be tanking for in the 2020 draft?

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Age: 44

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by J22 » Sun Oct 13 12:12 am

Vegoe wrote:
Sun Oct 13 12:09 am
Chris83 wrote:
Sat Oct 12 10:00 pm
Tank for...okay, who should the Wild be tanking for in the 2020 draft?
Don't tell Scooby what position he plays, or what hand he shoots :ahhh: :ahhh:

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7332
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Thirty-Four » Sun Oct 13 12:57 am

The Bat Signal is up: Answers Are Needed.

Bruce wins with loaded teams, very good coach. Given the “ Win Now! “ edict, he doesn’t have the resume of lifting a team of limited talent to even a playoff berth to inspire confidence, does he?

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5182
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Oct 13 6:08 am

Thirty-Four wrote:
Sun Oct 13 12:57 am
The Bat Signal is up: Answers Are Needed.

Bruce wins with loaded teams, very good coach. Given the “ Win Now! “ edict, he doesn’t have the resume of lifting a team of limited talent to even a playoff berth to inspire confidence, does he?
Well...it’s a lot too late to summon Jacque from retirement. :lol: Bruce will be lucky if he makes it to Thanksgiving the way these dregs are playing. And after each & every mounting loss...nobody hears the slightest peep from Mikko, Ryan & Zack, simply no accountability or leadership on display from the Captain group ☝️

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Oct 13 6:27 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Oct 13 6:08 am
Thirty-Four wrote:
Sun Oct 13 12:57 am
The Bat Signal is up: Answers Are Needed.

Bruce wins with loaded teams, very good coach. Given the “ Win Now! “ edict, he doesn’t have the resume of lifting a team of limited talent to even a playoff berth to inspire confidence, does he?
Well...it’s a lot too late to summon Jacque from retirement. :lol: Bruce will be lucky if he makes it to Thanksgiving the way these dregs are playing. And after each & every mounting loss...nobody hears the slightest peep from Mikko, Ryan & Zack, simply no accountability or leadership on display from the Captain group ☝️
It would be interesting to get an honest, off the record opinion of the “Captain group” from both Boudreau and Yeo.
It is always the coach who gets the ax.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5182
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Oct 13 7:59 am

Caufield with 4 goals in first 2 NCAA games. We didn’t need him... :roll: 😂

Post Reply