High School Hockey 2019-2020

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Gopherguy05
Veteran
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

High School Hockey 2019-2020

Post by Gopherguy05 » Tue May 07 3:08 pm

Looks like STA has finally made a decision:

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: High School Hockey 2019-2020

Post by Bonin21 » Tue May 07 3:09 pm

Good recruiter natural fit for them
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by YoungEagle » Tue May 07 3:22 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue May 07 3:09 pm
Good recruiter natural fit for them
Yeah our Lakeville pipeline hopefully expands as a result of this.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by gopher6 » Tue Aug 13 5:17 pm

Rob Mcclanahan is Blake's new head coach
http://www.startribune.com/mcclanahan-of-miracle-on-ice-fame-takes-blake-boys-hockey-job/540406062/

Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Iceburg » Tue Aug 13 5:21 pm

gopher6 wrote:
Tue Aug 13 5:17 pm
Rob Mcclanahan is Blake's new head coach
http://www.startribune.com/mcclanahan-of-miracle-on-ice-fame-takes-blake-boys-hockey-job/540406062/
Rob's daughter played at Blake a couple of years back.

Retired Thread Police

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Mon Aug 19 3:38 pm

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Vegoe » Thu Aug 29 10:40 am

I was checking out the high school board today for early departure info as the USHL/NAHL protected lists get finalized. Sounds like Luc Laylin STMA and Brett Oberle HM are maybe doing a before/after with the NAHL Magicians. Jake Boltman is starting the year with Lincoln. Jensen will be in Omaha.

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37303

https://reddeerrebels.com/article/rebel ... underbirds

Louden Hogg maybe leaving Edina for WHL? Big move for a 5' 10" keeper.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Iceburg » Thu Aug 29 12:09 pm

Retired Thread Police

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Vegoe » Wed Sep 11 4:57 pm

Mack Motzko is going back to SCC -- no ill will towards anyone, but missed his buddies back home. Beau Motzko will stick with Minnetonka.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Sep 11 5:30 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Wed Sep 11 4:57 pm
Mack Motzko is going back to SCC -- no ill will towards anyone, but missed his buddies back home. Beau Motzko will stick with Minnetonka.

How does that work (legally following the MSHSL transfer rules)? Appears no family move outside of Tonka SD if Beau is sticking with Tonka. Talk about typical hypocrisy on the part of the MSHSL ☝️Why even bother to have rules against transfers...if an exception was granted (in the case of the son of a prominent D1 coach)? It doesn’t matter one bit to me who he plays for. But if proper protocol isn’t followed in this particular case...then why should the son of Joe Blow need to sit out for not following the rules protocol (to the letter and/or the spirit of the MSHSL transfer rules) ?

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Sep 11 6:54 pm

They got around some rules for sure. But wish him the best.
Currently under construction.

SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Wed Sep 11 7:52 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Sep 11 5:30 pm
Vegoe wrote:

How does that work (legally following the MSHSL transfer rules)? Appears no family move outside of Tonka SD if Beau is sticking with Tonka. Talk about typical hypocrisy on the part of the MSHSL ☝️Why even bother to have rules against transfers...if an exception was granted (in the case of the son of a prominent D1 coach)? It doesn’t matter one bit to me who he plays for. But if proper protocol isn’t followed in this particular case...then why should the son of Joe Blow need to sit out for not following the rules protocol (to the letter and/or the spirit of the MSHSL transfer rules) ?
I believe that if you move, you are eligible at the school district attendance area where your new house would be in, OR in any private school in the state.

So if you move to the house next door, you are only still eligible at the same public school you were at, but you could go to any private school in the state.

Not saying that is the reason, but it is possible.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Sep 11 9:25 pm

SkiUMahLaw wrote:
Wed Sep 11 7:52 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Vegoe wrote:

I believe that if you move, you are eligible at the school district attendance area where your new house would be in, OR in any private school in the state.

So if you move to the house next door, you are only still eligible at the same public school you were at, but you could go to any private school in the state.

INCORRECT ski you ma guy. . If I transfer to a new high school, will I be eligible for varsity competition?
If you transfer to a new high school, you will be eligible for varsity athletic competition if:
1. You are enrolling in 9th grade for the first time;
2. Your entire family moves to a new residence in a different attendance area;
3. Your residence is changed pursuant to a court order;
4. Your biological or adoptive parents do not reside together and you move from one parent to another (this option may be used just one time after you enroll in 9th grade); or
5. You and your family have moved to Minnesota from another state or country.
If none of the above apply, you will be ineligible (for one calendar year from the date of the transfer) from participating in interscholastic varsity athletic competition. You will, however, be eligible to participate in varsity tryouts, practices, scrimmages, jamborees, etc., and non-varsity (JV, B-squad, etc.) competitions. You will not be eligible for varsity competition.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Sep 11 9:28 pm

As SS alluded too, they pulled strings and evidently the MSHSL gave it the ole rubber stamp (as a EXCEPTION to the rules) nuff said

SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Wed Sep 11 10:29 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Sep 11 9:25 pm
SkiUMahLaw wrote:
Wed Sep 11 7:52 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Vegoe wrote:

INCORRECT ski you ma guy. . If I transfer to a new high school, will I be eligible for varsity competition?
If you transfer to a new high school, you will be eligible for varsity athletic competition if:
1. You are enrolling in 9th grade for the first time;
2. Your entire family moves to a new residence in a different attendance area;
3. Your residence is changed pursuant to a court order;
4. Your biological or adoptive parents do not reside together and you move from one parent to another (this option may be used just one time after you enroll in 9th grade); or
5. You and your family have moved to Minnesota from another state or country.
If none of the above apply, you will be ineligible (for one calendar year from the date of the transfer) from participating in interscholastic varsity athletic competition. You will, however, be eligible to participate in varsity tryouts, practices, scrimmages, jamborees, etc., and non-varsity (JV, B-squad, etc.) competitions. You will not be eligible for varsity competition.
To be clear, moving to a different attendance area is what I am referring to. Private schools have a statewide attendance area, and thus any move qualifies for them.

Though it sounds like Mack will be living with friends in St. Cloud-- so not sure how that is getting done under the rule. I was just setting forth the loophole private schools can exploit.

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Vegoe » Mon Sep 30 10:46 am

Oh boy...

Hope the MSP Mag squad was allright after that one -- at least there wasn't much of a cele on goal No. 17.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Sep 30 12:13 pm

And they are one of the better elite league teams...
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Oct 10 8:37 am

I can't get the video to play (possible location restriction) but the Seidl brothers were featured on The Today Show.

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/tag/sawyer-seidl/

Zwak
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by Zwak » Thu Oct 10 8:40 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Oct 10 8:37 am
I can't get the video to play (possible location restriction) but the Seidl brothers were featured on The Today Show.

Last edited by Zwak on Thu Oct 10 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
GPL's official source of trivia.

Zwak
Golden
Golden

Post by Zwak » Thu Oct 10 8:52 am

Slap Shot wrote:

This link works. What an amazing story! Makes me furious though that opposing players start dropping the "N word" during games.

https://www.today.com/video/how-kids-fr ... 0912069932

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Oct 10 8:54 am

Zwak wrote:
Thu Oct 10 8:52 am
Slap Shot wrote:

This link works. What an amazing story! Makes me furious though that opposing players start dropping the "N word" during games.

https://www.today.com/video/how-kids-fr ... 0912069932
Yeah that's a bit disappointing to say the least. I was able to watch from my phone.

GopherPete
Veteran
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by GopherPete » Thu Oct 10 9:37 am

That's a very cool story. Just curious if anybody is familiar with these players. Any chance they play in college?

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Oct 10 9:53 am

Thanks for sharing! I hope these two continue to kick ass.

What a shame other human beings have to be so narrow minded.

Zwak
Golden
Golden

Post by Zwak » Thu Oct 10 10:24 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Oct 10 9:53 am

Shame on the opposing players but also shame on those parents that cause Dad to not go to games. Not going to lie, if I'm a spectator for either team and hear racial taunts, they are going to hear from me and will stop.

skiier32
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times

Post by skiier32 » Thu Oct 10 11:24 am

Zwak wrote:
Thu Oct 10 10:24 am
Cowgirl wrote:

Shame on the opposing players but also shame on those parents that cause Dad to not go to games. Not going to lie, if I'm a spectator for either team and hear racial taunts, they are going to hear from me and will stop.
Last year I coached a Bantam C team. Had one player who was not exactly skinny. He was called all sorts of names throughout the year. He finally broke in one game and called a kid a f***ing F***t. He got ejected and suspended. I felt terrible about it and even talked to the refs about it. They said they never heard anything else. I backed the kid 100%. After the game I had a great chat with my player. His attitude totally changed and he used the name calling as motivation. Hope these kids do the same. Love seeing the game grow!!

J22
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 31 times

Post by J22 » Thu Oct 10 12:32 pm

GopherPete wrote:
Thu Oct 10 9:37 am
That's a very cool story. Just curious if anybody is familiar with these players. Any chance they play in college?
Both are very good for their own age group. Simon is probably the better of the two. No idea how it translates to college hockey at their ages, but both are ridiculous athletes. Saywer was apparently the fastest kid on the varsity track team as an 8th grader.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Oct 10 12:48 pm

skiier32 wrote:
Thu Oct 10 11:24 am
Zwak wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

Last year I coached a Bantam C team. Had one player who was not exactly skinny. He was called all sorts of names throughout the year. He finally broke in one game and called a kid a f***ing F***t. He got ejected and suspended. I felt terrible about it and even talked to the refs about it. They said they never heard anything else. I backed the kid 100%. After the game I had a great chat with my player. His attitude totally changed and he used the name calling as motivation. Hope these kids do the same. Love seeing the game grow!!
I'm confused. You backed the kid for shouting, "f***ing F***t"? I understand the kid was taking s**t but not sure that's the right response.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Oct 10 1:31 pm

You can support and teach at the same time. He is backing the kid because the kid deserves some support given the circumstances and not the action itself it seems like.

Can let him know that chirp doesn't fly like it did ten years ago and he'll need to mix it up if it ever happens again.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Oct 10 3:29 pm

Zwak wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

He just said he doesn't sit in the stands anymore. My kid is a goalie and if I am not coaching, I don't watch from the stands either because you overhear all kinds of things, even when they know I am there. It doesn't surprise me that these kids hear this crap though, some of the things I overhear out of 11 year olds in the locker room makes me blush, but those kids learn things from somewhere. As a parent and/or coach, it is hard to shut that stuff down all the time beasue you just don't hear it all the time.

But good for these kids though, its a great story and I will follow along their journey a little closer now.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

skiier32
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times

Post by skiier32 » Thu Oct 10 4:21 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Oct 10 12:48 pm
skiier32 wrote:
Thu Oct 10 11:24 am
Zwak wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

I'm confused. You backed the kid for shouting, "f***ing F***t"? I understand the kid was taking s**t but not sure that's the right response.
It was what he needed. Yes I backed him because he admitted it was wrong. The other kids got nothing, my player had been dealing with crap all year, and he was ejected from the game. The other kids kept playing. He needed someone in his corner. What he put up with on the ice and unfortunately from one of his parents is very unfortunate and hope no kid has to ever deal with it.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Oct 10 4:49 pm

Gotcha.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Mon Nov 04 4:29 pm

Practice starts a week from today. First game the 21st. Anybody else a big high school fan like I am? State season ticket holder since 2006.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Nov 04 5:08 pm

First one I can remember going to is the last year of the Civic Center. Think I was about 8.

Family has had tickets since at least then.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 268 times

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Nov 04 5:15 pm

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Mon Nov 04 4:29 pm
Practice starts a week from today. First game the 21st. Anybody else a big high school fan like I am? State season ticket holder since 2006.
I have my dad’s, which he’s had since 1960 or so.
First tourney I remember attending was 1975 at The Met Center.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Mon Nov 04 5:27 pm

Nice. Best thing about high school hockey is that admission for an old fart is $6.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Nov 05 2:42 am

Big fan and unlike with college hockey there's no lack of games I can watch.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Wed Nov 13 4:37 pm

Karl’s preseason AA high school rankings out on the minnhock board. Eden Prairie #1

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Nov 13 5:59 pm

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Wed Nov 13 4:37 pm
Karl’s preseason AA high school rankings out on the minnhock board. Eden Prairie #1
With a their recruits this year it's a no-brainer pick.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Wed Nov 13 6:08 pm

A lot of the usual suspects in the rankings with Rosemount and Andover being exceptions.

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by D2D » Wed Nov 13 8:03 pm

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Wed Nov 13 6:08 pm
A lot of the usual suspects in the rankings with Rosemount and Andover being exceptions.
I don't remember BSM being in the Top 10 last year, but he has them ranked No. 2 to open this season.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Nov 14 1:22 am

BSM has one the best goalies in the state and at least one F and D that will have name recognition before long. They were young last year, and like Eden Prairie recruited very well this past offseason.

Jaykay3
Veteran

Post by Jaykay3 » Thu Nov 14 9:35 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Nov 14 1:22 am
BSM has one the best goalies in the state and at least one F and D that will have name recognition before long. They were young last year, and like Eden Prairie recruited very well this past offseason.
Limesand has chronic hip issues and might not be healthy this season.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Nov 14 12:00 pm

Jaykay3 wrote:
Thu Nov 14 9:35 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Nov 14 1:22 am
Limesand has chronic hip issues and might not be healthy this season.
A poster at ushsho responding to a similar comment claimed he is good to go and the guy is usually up on BSM news, but nothing is impossible.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Thu Nov 14 4:25 pm

Did the Langenbrunner’s move from Cloquet to Eden Prairie or is there some rule bending going on?
Last edited by Grovetown Scotty on Thu Nov 14 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Butters Stotch
Rookie
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Butters Stotch » Thu Nov 14 4:29 pm

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Thu Nov 14 4:25 pm
Did the Langenbrunner’s move from Cloquet to Eden Prairie , or is there some rule bending going on?
What are rules? :lol:

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Nov 14 6:14 pm

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Did the Langenbrunner’s move from Cloquet to Eden Prairie or is there some rule bending going on?
Since Motzko didn’t bother to move...why in the world would Langenbrunner be required to move? 😉 :conf2:

Shooter
Rookie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Shooter » Mon Nov 18 3:36 pm

Jimmy Clark :popcorn:
Attachments
4745A5E7-A5B3-4BB4-8485-6531D76A14E9.jpeg

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Nov 18 4:16 pm

More than a year until they can talk to him. Love the change.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Nov 18 9:36 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Thu Nov 14 6:14 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Since Motzko didn’t bother to move...why in the world would Langenbrunner be required to move? 😉 :conf2:
Didn’t Motzko go to a private school?

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Nov 18 9:51 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Nov 18 9:36 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Yeah, but the HS league still granted Motzko an “exception“ (they didn’t require a corresponding move from Tonka SD). For example, it’s not like Richels could have transferred from Blaine to TG (this season) without moving out of the Blaine school district, and still been eligible (this winter) without an exception to the rules (being granted). ☝️

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Nov 19 6:26 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Nov 18 9:51 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Yeah, but the HS league still granted Motzko an “exception“ (they didn’t require a corresponding move from Tonka SD). For example, it’s not like Richels could have transferred from Blaine to TG (this season) without moving out of the Blaine school district, and still been eligible (this winter) without an exception to the rules (being granted). ☝️
Really? In this scenario, does TG have boundaries or would he just have to move anywhere outside the Blaine HS boundaries? Seems odd.

GopherPete
Veteran
Has liked: 12 times

Post by GopherPete » Tue Nov 19 7:00 am

Shooter wrote:
Mon Nov 18 3:36 pm
Jimmy Clark :popcorn:
This post goes right over my head, would you be willing to give a little more info?

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Nov 19 8:37 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Nov 19 6:26 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Nov 18 9:51 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Really? In this scenario, does TG have boundaries or would he just have to move anywhere outside the Blaine HS boundaries? Seems odd.
By the letter of the rules, he’d have to move outside the Blaine SD ( to transfer to TG) and not have to sit out. Yes it’s an odd rule, but that’s the rule relating to private schools. In Motzko case, his younger son plays youth hockey for Tonka and plans to stay there. My point is, rules get bent by the MN HS league in certain situations...and the same would likely apply to someone with the last name Langerbrunner (too). ☝️

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Vegoe » Tue Nov 19 9:53 am

GopherPete wrote:
Tue Nov 19 7:00 am
This post goes right over my head, would you be willing to give a little more info?
He's a young 15 year-old and playing Edina varsity this year. Should be interesting to see how he does as he is a highly touted 2004.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/6 ... immy-clark

https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_art ... ow/1003754
Clark, one of two first year skaters to be chosen [for YHH Bantam PotY] along with Charlie Stramel, took Bantam hockey by storm. One local coach said of Clark, "hands down the most difficult player we had to stop all three times we played Edina. He's got it all - including speed, hands and the ability to finish."
Also he was originally going to be on the bantam team again.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Tue Nov 19 12:21 pm

Outside the Edina universe Charlie Stramel will be skating for Rosemount. Rosemount @ Minnetonka Saturday will be my first MSHSL game this year.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Nov 19 1:04 pm

So this was a huge source for streaming games last year but as of yet (perhaps too early?) nothing is scheduled for this weekend: http://www.watchingpuck.com/

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Vegoe » Tue Nov 19 1:51 pm

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Tue Nov 19 12:21 pm
Outside the Edina universe Charlie Stramel will be skating for Rosemount. Rosemount @ Minnetonka Saturday will be my first MSHSL game this year.
Stramel is probably the other top 2004 HS player this year. I'll be interested to see how Rosemount does... most talent since that 2008 team lead by JT Brown. That was one heck of a section final game.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Fri Nov 22 5:14 am

MSHSL season under way last night. Game of the night was a top ten match up between Andover and Blake. Top state defenseman and Bulldog recruit Wyatt Kaiser leading Andover to 6-3 win with 2 goals.

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by george » Sat Nov 23 9:12 am

Yikes, Edina-Maple Grove ends 7-5 MG! I guess the carpet bagger goalie returning to the Hornets wasn't a big key after all

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Nov 23 9:20 am

Something tells me Vision Quest will be just fine between the pipes for Edina😉It’s early and MG can put up some goals!

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Sat Nov 23 9:31 am

Any word if FSN is doing that Dream State show again this year? If so, what team?

Orion
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Orion » Sat Nov 23 9:58 am

george wrote:
Sat Nov 23 9:12 am
Yikes, Edina-Maple Grove ends 7-5 MG! I guess the carpet bagger goalie returning to the Hornets wasn't a big key after all
I'm out of the know, what's the carpet bagger reference?

Shooter
Rookie

Post by Shooter » Sat Nov 23 10:34 am

Jimmy Clark 1G 2A in his debut for the Hornets

DreamLoss

Post by DreamLoss » Sat Nov 23 10:42 am

Snowcool08 wrote:
Sat Nov 23 9:31 am
Any word if FSN is doing that Dream State show again this year? If so, what team?
Yes they are & the team they're following is St. Paul Johnson.

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by george » Sat Nov 23 11:08 am

Orion wrote:
Sat Nov 23 9:58 am
george wrote:
Sat Nov 23 9:12 am
I'm out of the know, what's the carpet bagger reference?
The starting goalie is from Texas(?) and moved in as a 9th or 10th grader to become starter. There were off-season rumors he might go to juniors this season.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sat Nov 23 5:09 pm

Upset alert

Grand Rapids 4

Benilde-St. Margaret’s. 2

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Nov 23 5:10 pm

Nice job GR

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Nov 23 9:37 pm

Tonka looked sloppy against Rosemount through 2.5 periods. Down 3-2 while going 1/5 on the PP and I couldn't finish the game. Not totally unexpected with having graduated so many players last year.

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Chris83 » Sat Nov 23 9:49 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Nov 23 9:37 pm
Tonka looked sloppy against Rosemount through 2.5 periods. Down 3-2 while going 1/5 on the PP and I couldn't finish the game. Not totally unexpected with having graduated so many players last year.
What site were you able to stream that through? Thanks!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Orion
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Orion » Sat Nov 23 10:10 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Sat Nov 23 9:49 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
What site were you able to stream that through? Thanks!
It was the game of the week on state of hockey

https://www.stateofhockey.com/gameoftheweek

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Nov 23 11:34 pm

As stated that game was on State of Hockey. You can also try YHH and MnHockey.Tv for various streams.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Nov 24 6:39 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Was at this game. I thought the difference in the game was the penalties called and PK of Rosemount. Lots of blocked shots. I think Horsager blocked 3 or 4 himself.
Rosemount‘s defenseman are very good with Gopher recruit Ratzlaff, Wheeler, Horsager, and Campbell.
Skippers top line was good with Lagerback and Newhouse also had a good game.
Hat trick for RM’s Levandowski. Freshman Stammel is a manchild at 6’3” 180lbs.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Fri Nov 29 5:43 pm

Grand Rapids beats Minnetonka in OT. Thunderhawks of to a great start.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Nov 29 6:06 pm

Nice job GR

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Fri Dec 06 9:34 pm

#1 Eden Prairie. 4
#1 Hermantown 2