Gopher Football 2019

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Locked
User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28558
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 255 times
Age: 32

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Beauner » Tue Dec 10 11:07 am

Noticed Umlor is going DII to Grand Valley State (his home town school).
Harry Van Dyne has also entered his name into the portal. He has 1 catch in two seasons after redshirting in 2017.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Tue Dec 10 11:50 am

He was never going to get much time here. He is at best #3 next year and likely farther down than that.

Good luck to all the transfers.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Dec 10 12:56 pm

Was excited with Van Dyne when he came in, but will be behind Bateman and Autman-Bell and then likely Douglas or one of the other young guys. They high on Nnamdi Adim-Maduemere and Michael Brown-Stevens, so maybe he was not sure about playing time.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28558
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 255 times
Age: 32

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Beauner » Tue Dec 10 2:44 pm

WR seems to be a loaded position for Minnesota not only now but down the road too.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3586
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Bladepuller » Tue Dec 10 3:31 pm

Having an ex-NFL WR as the HC helps recruiting amd also getting the kids to LISTEN to what they need to do to be coached up
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Dec 10 3:42 pm

Bladepuller wrote:
Tue Dec 10 3:31 pm
Having an ex-NFL WR as the HC helps recruiting amd also getting the kids to LISTEN to what they need to do to be coached up
Matt Simonson is a great coach too and I believe they had a top 5 pick in the draft when they were at Western. A young WR core with a sophomore QB bodes well.

Hopefully, they can focus on getting some depth on the OL and building the Defensive pipeline as we lose a lot with this class and potentially with Winfield (who I am basically counting as gone).

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16509
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 338 times
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Dec 10 5:10 pm

They will likely lose 5-7 starters, but most of the primary defensive backups I believe return at least based upon current class.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Vegasgopher » Tue Dec 10 6:01 pm

With almost the entire offense back and most of the D gone next year will really show if PJ has loaded the depth chart...I believe he did, row the boat

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Dec 11 11:31 am

Just got tickets on Sun Country. Not sure if they opened seats or added flights, but sub $300 for 12/31 to 1/2 travel. $250 total, but could have been cheaper if land in Tampa around 10 pm 12/31 (then it is $217).

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7758
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by JWG » Wed Dec 11 12:09 pm

Is that $250 or is that $250 + $100 in fees for bags, bathroom access, seatbelt, etc.? Never know anymore with Sun Country.
We booked Delta through Orlando, get into Orlando at 5:30p on 12/31 and depart on 1/3 at 7:00am, $450. I have status with Delta, so worth it to stay on the airline if possible.

Getting our tix through the athletic office, we chose the 200 level for (hopefully) better sitelines.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9061
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 239 times
Been liked: 101 times
Age: 47

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Steve MN » Wed Dec 11 12:15 pm

JWG wrote:
Wed Dec 11 12:09 pm
Is that $250 or is that $250 + $100 in fees for bags, bathroom access, seatbelt, etc.? Never know anymore with Sun Country.
Yeah, when Sun Country went their budget airline route, they mostly dropped off the list that I would fly. Stranding a planeload in Mexico put them on my "no way, no how" list.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Dec 11 12:24 pm

Yeah they have went downhill but have to know what you are getting, just like with Spirit. Seats, baggage are extra.

If I still had status, I may care and be loyal but don't travel enough.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Wed Dec 11 12:59 pm

I figure I will look again in a week or so. By then I will know whether they trending back to normal or if it is just too pricey.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Dec 11 1:49 pm

Handyman wrote:
Wed Dec 11 12:59 pm
I figure I will look again in a week or so. By then I will know whether they trending back to normal or if it is just too pricey.
Yeah, I was going to just wait, but under $300 for RT seemed to be as good as it will get.

User avatar
solar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2057
Joined: Wed Feb 01 5:33 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 8 times
Age: 50

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by solar » Wed Dec 11 2:06 pm

Flights in and out of Tampa on Sun Country looked pretty reasonable today, if your intent was just to go down for a few days for the game. Arrive in Tampa on the 31st and out on the 2nd or 3rd seemed pretty reasonable. All other dates were very expensive.

My family has the luxury of time - unfortunately that makes the flights more expensive. Looks like a road trip is in order.

User avatar
Aldy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 420
Joined: Fri May 11 1:53 pm
Location: Section 24
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Age: 63

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Aldy » Wed Dec 11 8:53 pm

SI just put out their All-America team and Winfield made the 1st-Team Defense and Bateman made the 2nd-Team Offense. Congrats!!

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2659
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by D2D » Thu Dec 12 5:54 am

Have there been any formal announcements as to which Gophers will sit out the bowl game in order to avoid possible injury?
D2D - GMH season ticket holder since 1972, and counting

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28558
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 255 times
Age: 32

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Beauner » Thu Dec 12 7:43 am

D2D wrote:
Thu Dec 12 5:54 am
Have there been any formal announcements as to which Gophers will sit out the bowl game in order to avoid possible injury?
I haven't seen any formal announcements from any team yet.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5780
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 245 times
Age: 53

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Dec 12 8:52 pm


User avatar
Golden FE Ranger
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8523
Joined: Thu Apr 13 1:59 pm
Location: Section 7
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 25 times
Age: 44

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Golden FE Ranger » Thu Dec 12 10:18 pm

Casey is an amazing young man.... not much more I can say.
President GWB said, "And it seems like Minnesota is pretty good at hockey, too."

"I think in the best interest of his career, he definitely would benefit from playing one more year of college," Gretzky said.

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5760
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by george » Sat Dec 14 4:20 pm

Gophs loose their defensive line coach to Rutgers.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Sat Dec 14 5:20 pm

Jaqwondis Burns committed today.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Sat Dec 14 9:46 pm

Handyman wrote:
Sat Dec 14 5:20 pm
Jaqwondis Burns committed today.
nice pick up. Only a week until signing day!

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7598
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 411 times
Age: 32

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Dec 15 11:08 am

They are selling panoramic prints of TCF from the Penn State game. Just FYI in case any of you who were lucky enough to be there wanted to immortalize the moment. Looks like they have an end zone shot and one after everyone stormed the field. They are currently 15% off and free shipping. Happy shopping :)

https://www.panoramas.com/university-of ... oliday2019

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19343
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 560 times
Age: 53

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Dec 15 2:29 pm

Kamal Martin to sit out The Outback Bowl. Bummer but not really surprising. Would have loved to see him play one more healthy game.

Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Sun Dec 15 3:36 pm

Makes sense...he didnt look good in the Sconnie game very slow. He cant risk getting injured again...

That said I hate that this is a regular thing now for people who arent injured like him.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Sun Dec 15 3:43 pm

I thought his two backups did well in his place and were next up so hopefully ok.

#bowlpractices

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28558
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 255 times
Age: 32

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Beauner » Sun Dec 15 6:02 pm

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Sun Dec 15 7:19 pm

Hoping we can snag Joyner

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7758
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by JWG » Sun Dec 15 8:32 pm

I hate that players sit out. I think it’s unfair to their team. By that thought, you should just sit the season out once the CFP is out of reach.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16509
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 338 times
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Dec 15 9:18 pm

#7 class in the conference - shows you how tough it is.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Sun Dec 15 9:28 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Sun Dec 15 7:19 pm
Hoping we can snag Joyner
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28558
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 255 times
Age: 32

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Beauner » Sun Dec 15 10:44 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Sun Dec 15 9:18 pm
#7 class in the conference - shows you how tough it is.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10402
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 306 times
Age: 45

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Dec 16 7:10 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Sun Dec 15 9:18 pm
#7 class in the conference - shows you how tough it is.
I am not saying this class won’t be good but they have only one Rivals 4 star recruit so it isn’t like they’re killing it. Middle of the pack sounds about right for the number of commitments they have.

The Gophers, Mich St, and Indiana all have one 4 star. Rutgers has zero. All other teams have at least 2.

OSU, Mich, PSU and Nebraska all have at least eight 4 star commitments. There is a large drop off from 4th in the B1G to 5th.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7758
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by JWG » Mon Dec 16 9:24 am



Our selfish, me first, coach and team sent thank you cards to the Outback Bowl. They don't even say Row the Boat on them.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3586
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Bladepuller » Mon Dec 16 9:48 am

Very nice touch with the notes.
I'm very skeptical about recruiting ratings. I saw a lot of guys who were projected to be "studs" not pan out. Kids mature, both mentally & physically, at different rates.

I think what is important is that a staff gets the recruits that have the traits, physical, mental, & character wise, that the staff wants to develop the players. It is all about getting to a better place as a player.

As long as the recruits that PJ & Co. have aimed for stay committed & sign, I see ratings grades as click bait.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16509
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 338 times
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Dec 16 9:57 am

Obviously there's some reason to be leery of recruiting class rankings, but is it any coincidence that the best teams in the country typically are rated highest for recruiting? Alabama (as an example) may or may not have been overrated at times the past several years in the polls, but they won a lot of freaking games including the 2 that matter most when reaching the CFP.

But I also agree that some teams will not realize the full potential of their class rankings while others will do more. If the Gophers put together a solid season next year with at least 1 signature win that gets national exposure I expect them to be regularly competing with UW and Iowa as long as Fleck remains.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
5 O.T.
Veteran
Posts: 4651
Joined: Fri Jul 29 4:31 pm
Location: In the "Ne" Section
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by 5 O.T. » Mon Dec 16 12:35 pm


User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Mon Dec 16 12:38 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sun Dec 15 10:44 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Sun Dec 15 9:18 pm
#7 class in the conference - shows you how tough it is.
Burns is playing hard and loose with the facts. Technically RIGHT NOW he is right but he wont be for very long and he leaves out the context of the numbers. He does this a lot. It is kinda lame if you ask me. I get he has to for various reasons...but he doesnt even acknowledge it when called out for it.

The total recruiting rankings are partly based on how many players have committed IIRC. The Gophers have 25 committed, as such their number is a bit inflated. Look at the teams below them and how many committed they have. In the Big Ten alone Northwestern, Michigan State and Purdue are likely to pass them if they fill their class. Nationally they will likely be passed by quite a few as well.

Most likely the Gophs end up between 35-40 unless some of the lower starred guys decommitt and higher guys replace them.

And FWIW the Gophers have 2 4 star players not 1. The class isnt amazing but is pretty solid at the positions of need.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Mon Dec 16 12:46 pm

Winfield named 1st Team AP All-American! Bateman named 3rd Team!
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28558
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 255 times
Age: 32

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Beauner » Mon Dec 16 1:37 pm

Handyman wrote:
Mon Dec 16 12:38 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sun Dec 15 10:44 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Sun Dec 15 9:18 pm
#7 class in the conference - shows you how tough it is.
Burns is playing hard and loose with the facts. Technically RIGHT NOW he is right but he wont be for very long and he leaves out the context of the numbers. He does this a lot. It is kinda lame if you ask me. I get he has to for various reasons...but he doesnt even acknowledge it when called out for it.

The total recruiting rankings are partly based on how many players have committed IIRC. The Gophers have 25 committed, as such their number is a bit inflated. Look at the teams below them and how many committed they have. In the Big Ten alone Northwestern, Michigan State and Purdue are likely to pass them if they fill their class. Nationally they will likely be passed by quite a few as well.

Most likely the Gophs end up between 35-40 unless some of the lower starred guys decommitt and higher guys replace them.

And FWIW the Gophers have 2 4 star players not 1. The class isnt amazing but is pretty solid at the positions of need.
Fair point. But a lot/all of the teams ranked ahead of them already had 25 commits too.
If they get Joyner I wonder how that impacts their class.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Mon Dec 16 2:29 pm

Wisconsin has 17 and Nebraska has 19...

Joyner is ranked right about the same level as our average so if someone lower drops out it should help but not enough to have any real impact. My guess is when all is said and done we finish around 10th in the Big Ten. I wont lie though recruiting rankings make my eyes cross since a lot of players arent even evaluated in person.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Mon Dec 16 2:29 pm

Handyman wrote:
Mon Dec 16 12:46 pm
Winfield named 1st Team AP All-American! Bateman named 3rd Team!
Who was our last 1st team AA? Let alone 3rd team.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7758
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by JWG » Mon Dec 16 2:32 pm

When the recruiting ranking determines the CFP teams or champion I'll care more.
Last edited by JWG on Mon Dec 16 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
5 O.T.
Veteran
Posts: 4651
Joined: Fri Jul 29 4:31 pm
Location: In the "Ne" Section
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by 5 O.T. » Mon Dec 16 2:34 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Mon Dec 16 2:29 pm
Handyman wrote:
Mon Dec 16 12:46 pm
Winfield named 1st Team AP All-American! Bateman named 3rd Team!
Who was our last 1st team AA? Let alone 3rd team.
Maxx Williams - 2014 - 1st Team

https://gophersports.com/sports/2018/5/ ... -html.aspx

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7758
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by JWG » Mon Dec 16 2:42 pm

JWG wrote:
Mon Dec 16 9:24 am


Our selfish, me first, coach and team sent thank you cards to the Outback Bowl. They don't even say Row the Boat on them.
Coach Fleck is a marketing genius. This is blowing up all over Twitter (favorably of course). Just keeping the name and program in the fore front.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Mon Dec 16 3:29 pm


User avatar
Border Gopher
Veteran
Posts: 1820
Joined: Tue Nov 28 5:48 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Border Gopher » Mon Dec 16 4:41 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Mon Dec 16 2:29 pm
Who was our last 1st team AA?
Matt Spaeth, 2006

Edit: if we are talking AP, which I assumed.
"A real man makes his own puck luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10402
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 306 times
Age: 45

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Dec 16 4:46 pm

Handyman wrote:
Mon Dec 16 12:38 pm

And FWIW the Gophers have 2 4 star players not 1. The class isnt amazing but is pretty solid at the positions of need.
If you were referring to my post stating they have one four star, I was talking about Rivals rankings.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Mon Dec 16 8:04 pm

Minnehaha's Terry Lockett Jr commits to MSU and will sign Wednesday. I know the Gophers were after him but didn't really seem in the race

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2646
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Maize » Mon Dec 16 8:42 pm

JWG wrote:
Mon Dec 16 2:32 pm
When the recruiting ranking determines the CFP teams or champion I'll care more.
Good news! https://watchstadium.com/news/analyzing ... 7-01-2019/

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14516
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 170 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Dec 16 8:49 pm

Gopher football SB = Rose Bowl
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7758
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by JWG » Mon Dec 16 9:42 pm

Maize wrote:
Mon Dec 16 8:42 pm
JWG wrote:
Mon Dec 16 2:32 pm
When the recruiting ranking determines the CFP teams or champion I'll care more.
Good news! https://watchstadium.com/news/analyzing ... 7-01-2019/
Lots of scatter in the middle of those scatter plots.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14516
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 170 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Dec 16 10:54 pm

JWG wrote:
Mon Dec 16 9:42 pm
Maize wrote:
Mon Dec 16 8:42 pm
JWG wrote:
Mon Dec 16 2:32 pm
When the recruiting ranking determines the CFP teams or champion I'll care more.
Good news! https://watchstadium.com/news/analyzing ... 7-01-2019/
Lots of scatter in the middle of those scatter plots.
Team - CFP Appearances - Recruiting rank in article
Bama - 5 - 2.0
Clemson - 5 - 10.8
Oklahoma - 4 - 12.8
OSU - 3 - 3.8
Georgia - 1 - 4.0
Oregon - 1 - 18.8
FSU - 1 - 5.8
MSU - 1 - 26.8
ND - 1 - Can't find
Washington - 1 - 23.3
LSU - 1 - 7.3
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2584
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 98 times
Age: 41
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Vegoe » Tue Dec 17 9:34 am

Handyman wrote:
Mon Dec 16 12:38 pm
Burns is playing hard and loose with the facts. Technically RIGHT NOW he is right but he wont be for very long and he leaves out the context of the numbers. He does this a lot. It is kinda lame if you ask me. I get he has to for various reasons...but he doesnt even acknowledge it when called out for it.

The total recruiting rankings are partly based on how many players have committed IIRC. The Gophers have 25 committed, as such their number is a bit inflated. Look at the teams below them and how many committed they have. In the Big Ten alone Northwestern, Michigan State and Purdue are likely to pass them if they fill their class. Nationally they will likely be passed by quite a few as well.

Most likely the Gophs end up between 35-40 unless some of the lower starred guys decommitt and higher guys replace them.

And FWIW the Gophers have 2 4 star players not 1. The class isnt amazing but is pretty solid at the positions of need.
I don't know where your expectations are for Gophers Football, but it's not like I expect them to out-recruit Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State. Those schools routinely get the four star players to makeup half of their class, with averages around 90. My hope is that the Gophers can compete with Wisconsin, Iowa and Nebraska... and it looks like they're very close on the field and with recruiting rankings... and every once in a while hit on a roster to make a run.

The entire B10 West has stepped up their recruting game the last couple of years and the difference between those classes is very slim. Wisconsin's recruit average ranking is 87.85, Nebraksa's 87.68, Iowa 86.64 and Minnesota 86.44. The classes differ by about a point and the recruiting floor for the B10 West has been raised.

You can say you don't think rankings and stars matter, but your odds are usually better with more talent.

Image

Bill Connely's four year recruiting averages through 2019 show a top five that includes Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma and Ohio State... pretty sure that almost mirrors the top five of the rankings right now. Clemson is No. 10 in that four year average.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... 2019-class

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Tue Dec 17 11:30 am

Vegoe wrote:
Tue Dec 17 9:34 am
Handyman wrote:
Mon Dec 16 12:38 pm
Burns is playing hard and loose with the facts. Technically RIGHT NOW he is right but he wont be for very long and he leaves out the context of the numbers. He does this a lot. It is kinda lame if you ask me. I get he has to for various reasons...but he doesnt even acknowledge it when called out for it.

The total recruiting rankings are partly based on how many players have committed IIRC. The Gophers have 25 committed, as such their number is a bit inflated. Look at the teams below them and how many committed they have. In the Big Ten alone Northwestern, Michigan State and Purdue are likely to pass them if they fill their class. Nationally they will likely be passed by quite a few as well.

Most likely the Gophs end up between 35-40 unless some of the lower starred guys decommitt and higher guys replace them.

And FWIW the Gophers have 2 4 star players not 1. The class isnt amazing but is pretty solid at the positions of need.
I don't know where your expectations are for Gophers Football, but it's not like I expect them to out-recruit Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State. Those schools routinely get the four star players to makeup half of their class, with averages around 90. My hope is that the Gophers can compete with Wisconsin, Iowa and Nebraska... and it looks like they're very close on the field and with recruiting rankings... and every once in a while hit on a roster to make a run.

The entire B10 West has stepped up their recruting game the last couple of years and the difference between those classes is very slim. Wisconsin's recruit average ranking is 87.85, Nebraksa's 87.68, Iowa 86.64 and Minnesota 86.44. The classes differ by about a point and the recruiting floor for the B10 West has been raised.

You can say you don't think rankings and stars matter, but your odds are usually better with more talent.

Image

Bill Connely's four year recruiting averages through 2019 show a top five that includes Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma and Ohio State... pretty sure that almost mirrors the top five of the rankings right now. Clemson is No. 10 in that four year average.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... 2019-class
I dont have a problem with their recruiting, I wont have a problem with it when the final rankings come out and they are lower than they are now. I didnt when Kill was coach and I wont be with Fleck. I know where the Gophers rank in the hierarchy and I know it could take a decade for that to change. Hell half the time Iowa and Wisconsin are right about the same spot we are (negligible difference) so again no big deal.

My problem is with people like Burns (and Fleck when he does it) that overinflate the numbers to make it seem we are better than we are. Burns knows what he is doing, and while technically he isnt lying he also leaving out the context to get a few more subscriptions and make the U sound elite. We have no need to do any of that...we should be proud of the recruits we get and let the numbers land where they land. We dont have a Top 30 recruiting class. I know right now the numbers say we do but that is like saying the team that is number 1 in the Pariwise today is the best team for the season. We will have a Top 40 recruiting class and everyone who is tied into recruiting knows it. (and there is nothing wrong with a Top 40 recruiting class)

My problem isnt with our recruits...it is with the recruiting gurus. :)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9893
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 107 times
Age: 54

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Zwak » Tue Dec 17 11:40 am

Handyman wrote:
Tue Dec 17 11:30 am
Vegoe wrote:
Tue Dec 17 9:34 am
Handyman wrote:
Mon Dec 16 12:38 pm
Burns is playing hard and loose with the facts. Technically RIGHT NOW he is right but he wont be for very long and he leaves out the context of the numbers. He does this a lot. It is kinda lame if you ask me. I get he has to for various reasons...but he doesnt even acknowledge it when called out for it.

The total recruiting rankings are partly based on how many players have committed IIRC. The Gophers have 25 committed, as such their number is a bit inflated. Look at the teams below them and how many committed they have. In the Big Ten alone Northwestern, Michigan State and Purdue are likely to pass them if they fill their class. Nationally they will likely be passed by quite a few as well.

Most likely the Gophs end up between 35-40 unless some of the lower starred guys decommitt and higher guys replace them.

And FWIW the Gophers have 2 4 star players not 1. The class isnt amazing but is pretty solid at the positions of need.
I don't know where your expectations are for Gophers Football, but it's not like I expect them to out-recruit Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State. Those schools routinely get the four star players to makeup half of their class, with averages around 90. My hope is that the Gophers can compete with Wisconsin, Iowa and Nebraska... and it looks like they're very close on the field and with recruiting rankings... and every once in a while hit on a roster to make a run.

The entire B10 West has stepped up their recruting game the last couple of years and the difference between those classes is very slim. Wisconsin's recruit average ranking is 87.85, Nebraksa's 87.68, Iowa 86.64 and Minnesota 86.44. The classes differ by about a point and the recruiting floor for the B10 West has been raised.

You can say you don't think rankings and stars matter, but your odds are usually better with more talent.

Image

Bill Connely's four year recruiting averages through 2019 show a top five that includes Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma and Ohio State... pretty sure that almost mirrors the top five of the rankings right now. Clemson is No. 10 in that four year average.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... 2019-class
I dont have a problem with their recruiting, I wont have a problem with it when the final rankings come out and they are lower than they are now. I didnt when Kill was coach and I wont be with Fleck. I know where the Gophers rank in the hierarchy and I know it could take a decade for that to change. Hell half the time Iowa and Wisconsin are right about the same spot we are (negligible difference) so again no big deal.

My problem is with people like Burns (and Fleck when he does it) that overinflate the numbers to make it seem we are better than we are. Burns knows what he is doing, and while technically he isnt lying he also leaving out the context to get a few more subscriptions and make the U sound better than they are. We have no need to do any of that...we should be proud of the recruits we get and let the numbers land where they land.

My problem isnt with our recruits...it is with the recruiting gurus. :)
Totally agree with this. Assigning a number to someone is so subjective. Then, using those subjective numbers they create an arbitrary ranking system. It reminds me of Roger Ebert's take on Top 100 Movie Lists. He never liked them. His point was how could he decide the 36th movie was 1 better than the 37th movie.

If you subscribe to The Athletic, they did something cool with their College FB All-American Team. Along with describing the accomplishments of each player, they gave a summary of their recruiting out of high school (i.e. "Rated 3 star out of high school. Also recruited by (team a), (team b), and (team c). Was very interesting to see how these all americans were rated out of high school.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3892
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 60 times
Age: 60

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Composer » Tue Dec 17 1:02 pm

Maize wrote:
Mon Dec 16 8:42 pm
JWG wrote:
Mon Dec 16 2:32 pm
When the recruiting ranking determines the CFP teams or champion I'll care more.
Good news! https://watchstadium.com/news/analyzing ... 7-01-2019/
Does nobody know how to make a graph anymore? The ranking should be on the x-axis and the wins on the y-axis. You want to know, how do the wins vary with the ranking? You move across the x-axis and see how the wins vary. It's not that complicated.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Tue Dec 17 1:04 pm

Composer wrote:
Tue Dec 17 1:02 pm
Maize wrote:
Mon Dec 16 8:42 pm
JWG wrote:
Mon Dec 16 2:32 pm
When the recruiting ranking determines the CFP teams or champion I'll care more.
Good news! https://watchstadium.com/news/analyzing ... 7-01-2019/
Does nobody know how to make a graph anymore? The ranking should be on the x-axis and the wins on the y-axis. You want to know, how do the wins vary with the ranking? You move across the x-axis and see how the wins vary. It's not that complicated.
Wherefore Art Thou dx?

;)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Tue Dec 17 8:04 pm

Rumors flying that Jah Joyner is committing tomorrow :dup:
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Dec 17 8:14 pm

Handyman wrote:
Tue Dec 17 8:04 pm
Rumors flying that Jah Joyner is committing tomorrow :dup:
He officially decommitted from BC and all indication is here.

User avatar
Dances With Gophers
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7175
Joined: Wed Oct 05 12:04 pm
Location: Eltville am Rhein
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 93 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Dances With Gophers » Tue Dec 17 9:27 pm

The Gophers have received a commitment from Australian punter Mark Crawford. Crawford is the top international punter in Ray Guy’s ProKicker Camp rankings. His 49.86 average distance was the best mark among all punters in the database. When applying the statistic to this year’s NCAA rankings, Crawford would place No. 1.

Four of the past five Ray Guy Award winners (top college punter) were originally from Australia.

Due to the time difference in Australia, Crawford has already signed his National Letter of Intent. He becomes the first player to officially join the Gophers’ 2020 recruiting class.

#RTB

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7322
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Iceburg » Tue Dec 17 9:38 pm

Dances With Gophers wrote:
Tue Dec 17 9:27 pm
The Gophers have received a commitment from Australian punter Mark Crawford. Crawford is the top international punter in Ray Guy’s ProKicker Camp rankings. His 49.86 average distance was the best mark among all punters in the database. When applying the statistic to this year’s NCAA rankings, Crawford would place No. 1.

Four of the past five Ray Guy Award winners (top college punter) were originally from Australia.

Due to the time difference in Australia, Crawford has already signed his National Letter of Intent. He becomes the first player to officially join the Gophers’ 2020 recruiting class.

#RTB
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10402
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 306 times
Age: 45

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Dec 17 9:57 pm

Handyman wrote:
Tue Dec 17 8:04 pm
Rumors flying that Jah Joyner is committing tomorrow :dup:
Is this a big get?

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19343
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 560 times
Age: 53

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Dec 17 10:01 pm

Dances With Gophers wrote:
Tue Dec 17 9:27 pm
The Gophers have received a commitment from Australian punter Mark Crawford. Crawford is the top international punter in Ray Guy’s ProKicker Camp rankings. His 49.86 average distance was the best mark among all punters in the database. When applying the statistic to this year’s NCAA rankings, Crawford would place No. 1.

Four of the past five Ray Guy Award winners (top college punter) were originally from Australia.

Due to the time difference in Australia, Crawford has already signed his National Letter of Intent. He becomes the first player to officially join the Gophers’ 2020 recruiting class.

#RTB
Image
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Tue Dec 17 10:27 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Dec 17 9:57 pm
Handyman wrote:
Tue Dec 17 8:04 pm
Rumors flying that Jah Joyner is committing tomorrow :dup:
Is this a big get?
He is a very solid pick up. High 3 star so not huge but decibel someone that the staff prioritized and the recruiting people wanted.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10402
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 306 times
Age: 45

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Dec 17 10:34 pm

Handyman wrote:
Tue Dec 17 10:27 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Dec 17 9:57 pm
Handyman wrote:
Tue Dec 17 8:04 pm
Rumors flying that Jah Joyner is committing tomorrow :dup:
Is this a big get?
He is a very solid pick up. High 3 star so not huge but decibel someone that the staff prioritized and the recruiting people wanted.
That’s good to hear. The Gophers are laden with 3 star recruits that overperformed. I hope Jah is one of the next.

User avatar
F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1894
Joined: Wed Feb 16 11:09 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by F Da Sue » Wed Dec 18 8:38 am

Kaden Johnson to Wisconsin.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Dec 18 8:41 am

Handyman wrote:
Tue Dec 17 10:27 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Dec 17 9:57 pm
Handyman wrote:
Tue Dec 17 8:04 pm
Rumors flying that Jah Joyner is committing tomorrow :dup:
Is this a big get?
He is a very solid pick up. High 3 star so not huge but decibel someone that the staff prioritized and the recruiting people wanted.
Looks like Joyner signed.

Last edited by gopherguy06 on Wed Dec 18 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Dec 18 8:42 am

F Da Sue wrote:
Wed Dec 18 8:38 am
Kaden Johnson to Wisconsin.
Sucks to lose him to Wisconsin, but we did sign another great LB

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7758
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by JWG » Wed Dec 18 8:53 am

23 of 26 have signed. 3 need academic improvement supposedly before they can.
Joyner was the only surprise if you call it that.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Wed Dec 18 8:59 am

We can't take 26, 25 is the limit I thought. (PWOs don't count)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19343
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 560 times
Age: 53

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Dec 18 9:12 am

F Da Sue wrote:
Wed Dec 18 8:38 am
Kaden Johnson to Wisconsin.
His loss.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7758
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by JWG » Wed Dec 18 9:59 am

I assume we won't actually sign one of the last 3 listed, unless a PWO snuck into the signed list.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7598
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 411 times
Age: 32

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Dec 18 10:09 am

gopherguy06 wrote:
Wed Dec 18 8:41 am
Handyman wrote:
Tue Dec 17 10:27 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Dec 17 9:57 pm
Handyman wrote:
Tue Dec 17 8:04 pm
Rumors flying that Jah Joyner is committing tomorrow :dup:
Is this a big get?
He is a very solid pick up. High 3 star so not huge but decibel someone that the staff prioritized and the recruiting people wanted.
Looks like Joyner signed.

Wasn’t that him above (the now deleted pic I think) - why would he have been decked out in a gopher football uniform if he hadn’t signed yet at that time?

Locked