Gopher Football 2019

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Mon Nov 11 3:02 pm

Handyman wrote:
Mon Nov 11 2:25 pm
Beauner wrote:
Mon Nov 11 1:09 pm
Seriously considering scraping some money together to make a 4.5hr drive Saturday morning...
Sell off a few bats ;) :lol:

Iowa wont work for me...but I might be able to make NW work if the West Title is on the line. You can get tickets on the 40 for like $16.
I can get us student tickets but at those prices who cares

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 313 times

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Nov 11 3:33 pm

Handyman wrote:
Mon Nov 11 12:14 pm
That's 421,000 households at peak! :M: :M2: :shock: :good2: :dance: :dup: :M: :M2:
Currently under construction.

Dances With Gophers
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Dances With Gophers » Mon Nov 11 4:01 pm

I really want to start focusing on Iowa, but here’s one more article written from the perspective of a PSU fan. At about midway through it links to - wait for it - GPL! (in the discussion about cheers)

https://onwardstate.com/2019/11/11/game ... y-bad-day/

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by JWG » Mon Nov 11 4:38 pm

Handyman wrote:
Beauner wrote:
Seriously considering scraping some money together to make a 4.5hr drive Saturday morning...

Iowa wont work for me...but I might be able to make NW work if the West Title is on the line. You can get tickets on the 40 for like $16.
Fake news, only MN sports have attendance issues... :wink:
JWG
[This space for rent]

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 357 times

Post by Handyman » Mon Nov 11 4:56 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Mon Nov 11 3:02 pm
Handyman wrote:
Beauner wrote:

I can get us student tickets but at those prices who cares
Go on Stub Hub...its ridiculous!

Remember back in the day when the DECC was half Gopher fans? We could do the same in Evanston. Hell we could probably buy our a whole section for a couple grand :shock:

Im working on a plan to go but we will see. If they find a way to win this week and next I then have to start planning for another road trip...only much farther away ;)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Nov 11 6:25 pm

If the Gophers beat Iowa that NW takeover sounds legendary...
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Nov 11 6:29 pm

Congratulations to the Gopher football team. This fanbase deserves this success and excitement. I enjoy the diehard Gopher football fans.

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Mon Nov 11 7:10 pm

I was looking at PSUs stats. Our defense looked better than the numbers, likely due to their red zone heroics. But, PSU had over 500 (178 rushing) yards, converted 50% of their 3rd downs, had 25 first downs, and won the time of possession. All of that out performing our O stats. Yes, the only stat that matters is the score. But, plenty of opportunity to change their best for Iowa and I think they will.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Maize
Veteran
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Maize » Mon Nov 11 7:43 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Nov 11 6:25 pm
That's every Northwestern home football game.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 686 times
Been liked: 517 times

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Nov 11 8:06 pm

Whoa.....the TE absolutely obliterates the LB or DE on this run. :shock:

Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Nov 11 11:20 pm

Maize wrote:
Mon Nov 11 7:43 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Nov 11 6:25 pm
That's every Northwestern home football game.
Ya but instead of 50 Gopher fans and 50 NW fans there would at least be quadruple digits in the stadium
Sick of LOSERVILLE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Dances With Gophers
Golden
Golden

Post by Dances With Gophers » Tue Nov 12 1:33 am

Chickenhawks haven’t scored more than 3 touchdowns against a B1G team (they only mustered 3 against Buttgers)

Minnesota hasn’t scored less than 4 touchdowns against a B1G team yet, including against PSUs vaunted D.

To win, Iowa has to score their season-high coupled with the Gophers being held to a season low.

That’s not happening.

#SpecialSeason / #RevengeTour2019 continues to roll:

Gophers 27
Chickenhawks 20

PS - I’m secretly afraid Ferentz and Co use this game to uncork a masterful performance, replete with trick plays and what not (see: OSUs ass kicking in 2017 @ Kinnick)

00xtremeninja
Veteran
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by 00xtremeninja » Tue Nov 12 8:07 am

In my melatonin induced sleep last night here is the following dream I had.

We were playing against Northwestern and were still undefeated, so by my deep sleep we had already beaten Iowa, score unknown.

The game of NW was a close one but we were down 15-14 late in the fourth. We had to go for it twice on fourth down, both times pulling it off and Bateman gets the go ahead td. My twins started crying and woke me up so no clue if the defense held for the win, but just gonna say they did.
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Tue Nov 12 8:07 am

Dances With Gophers wrote:
Tue Nov 12 1:33 am
PS - I’m secretly afraid Ferentz and Co use this game to uncork a masterful performance, replete with trick plays and what not (see: OSUs ass kicking in 2017 @ Kinnick)
The hope I have against that is Iowa doesn’t have much to play for anymore. They’re season was crushed by Wisconsin last week in a heartbreaker. It might be tough for them to get up and pull out all their trick plays this week.

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by george » Tue Nov 12 8:22 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Tue Nov 12 8:07 am

We were playing against Northwestern and were still undefeated, so by my deep sleep we had already beaten Iowa, score unknown.

The game of NW was a close one but we were down 15-14 late in the fourth. We had to go for it twice on fourth down, both times pulling it off and Bateman gets the go ahead td. My twins started crying and woke me up so no clue if the defense held for the win, but just gonna say they did.
Thank you for that critical report! Now I can rest easy. :lol:

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Tue Nov 12 8:24 am

george wrote:
Tue Nov 12 8:22 am
00xtremeninja wrote:

Tune in next week when I have dreams induced by drinking Manhattans all night. We will likely cover womens hockey, football, and Twins draft picks!
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 274 times

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Nov 12 8:37 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Tue Nov 12 8:24 am
george wrote:
Tue Nov 12 8:22 am
00xtremeninja wrote:

Tune in next week when I have dreams induced by drinking Manhattans all night. We will likely cover womens hockey, football, and Twins draft picks!
I see you didn't mention Twins free agent signings..... :lol:

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by g-manpuck » Tue Nov 12 8:55 am

Snowcool08 wrote:
The hope I have against that is Iowa doesn’t have much to play for anymore. They’re season was crushed by Wisconsin last week in a heartbreaker. It might be tough for them to get up and pull out all their trick plays this week.
The only thing Iowa has to play for right now is more wins to equal a better bowl game. I would love for Iowa to finish 2-1 these last three games to finish with 8 wins, but it will suck to finish 5-4 in the conference again though. I never had hopes of a West title this year and most realistic Iowa fans didn't have that hope this year.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Nov 12 9:03 am

g-manpuck wrote:
Tue Nov 12 8:55 am
The only thing Iowa has to play for right now is more wins to equal a better bowl game. I would love for Iowa to finish 2-1 these last three games to finish with 8 wins, but it will suck to finish 5-4 in the conference again though. I never had hopes of a West title this year and most realistic Iowa fans didn't have that hope this year.
I know you've been down on them most of the year but.....had to. :)

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Nov 12 9:13 am

g-manpuck wrote:
Snowcool08 wrote:
Floyd of Rosedale?

Not having a rival hand you a 4th loss on the season?

Stopping a rival from an undefeated season?

There is plenty to play for.

5 O.T.
Veteran
Been liked: 57 times

Post by 5 O.T. » Tue Nov 12 9:31 am

Greyeagle wrote:
Tue Nov 12 9:03 am
g-manpuck wrote:
I know you've been down on them most of the year but.....had to. :)

He forgot this: :wink:

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Nov 12 9:39 am

Meh plenty of teams have similar things to play for and cant muster a victory. Sometimes the players just dont care about that stuff as much as the fans do. Not saying that will be the case here, but it wouldnt surprise me at all.

I wonder what the Iowa defensive strategy will be. Purdue and Penn State showed you cant just stack the box but we know what happens when you dont stack the box. If it was me I would say play to limit big plays and keep the score close. Dont play a Nickel D like Purdont did but keep the safeties deep so Bateman and TJ arent running free. Iowa's Big Ten stats for pass defense are very good so they should definitely play to their strength.

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"

-Scooby 2/7/2017

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Nov 12 9:47 am

Chickenhawks haven’t scored more than 3 touchdowns against a B1G team (they only mustered 3 against Buttgers)

Minnesota hasn’t scored less than 4 touchdowns against a B1G team yet, including against PSUs vaunted D.

To win, Iowa has to score their season-high coupled with the Gophers being held to a season low.

That’s not happening.

#SpecialSeason / #RevengeTour2019 continues to roll:

Gophers 27
Chickenhawks 20

Our first game against a ranked opponent on the road, with a rivalry game in a stadium we haven't won in since last century. I think we win and don't think Iowa looked good vs. WI. I think we come out ahead, but will be a tough one.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Tue Nov 12 11:39 am

Handyman wrote:
Tue Nov 12 9:39 am
Meh plenty of teams have similar things to play for and cant muster a victory. Sometimes the players just dont care about that stuff as much as the fans do. Not saying that will be the case here, but it wouldnt surprise me at all.

I wonder what the Iowa defensive strategy will be. Purdue and Penn State showed you cant just stack the box but we know what happens when you dont stack the box. If it was me I would say play to limit big plays and keep the score close. Dont play a Nickel D like Purdont did but keep the safeties deep so Bateman and TJ arent running free. Iowa's Big Ten stats for pass defense are very good so they should definitely play to their strength.
True, but the short game is Morgans bread and butter. If they let us go New England Patriots on them, Iowa is in for a long day. Plus PJ loves to eat up the clock, that would play to his and his staffs hand. I think we see more running stuff this week and the RPO is going to be our boom or bust strategy that could be the dagger in Iowas back.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by streakygopher » Tue Nov 12 12:42 pm

One thing for sure, Iowa won't sleep on the Gophers. They will be jacked up to beat a 9-0 team, and Minnesota is coming off their most emotional game in decades. Classic let down sitch.....this is where PJ earns the big bucks.

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 260 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by D2D » Tue Nov 12 1:04 pm

StarTribune headline:

Gophers-Penn State telecast draws highest ABC noon-hour college football ratings in three years

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Nov 12 1:17 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Tue Nov 12 12:42 pm
One thing for sure, Iowa won't sleep on the Gophers. They will be jacked up to beat a 9-0 team, and Minnesota is coming off their most emotional game in decades. Classic let down sitch.....this is where PJ earns the big bucks.
I dont see much chance of a letdown when we are underdogs in the game and Iowa has been ranked all year. Maybe if we were playing NW this week I would buy that but not a ranked rival in their stadium who Vegas installed as favorites.

If the Gophers lose it wont be because they come out high from the PSU victory.

ninja,

I agree Iowa cant just play off the ball and let us slant them to death. In reality the Gophers are able to execute any style based on what the D plays them...which is just odd to say. Zimmer damned near lost the Dallas game because he played to stop Zeke (to which Garret said...hey get the ball to Zeke!!) so I am not sure what poison is the best. Hell even if they double BOTH TJ and Bateman CAB is able to burn them just the same.

I dont see a way a man D can stop us if we dont make stupid mistakes. If they can find a way to get pressure though and get some weird zone coverages I could see some unforced errors though. But PSU showed that if you blitz we will burn you. If PSU's front 7 couldnt get pressure I am not sure Iowa will but who knows.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

5 O.T.
Veteran

Post by 5 O.T. » Tue Nov 12 1:21 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Tue Nov 12 12:42 pm
Trophy game for Floyd. I expect Herky's best effort of the season against the Gophers. I also expect the Gophers best effort too. Payback time. :club: Overdue.

Who hates Iowa?

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Nov 12 1:53 pm

D2D wrote:
Tue Nov 12 1:04 pm
StarTribune headline:

Gophers-Penn State telecast draws highest ABC noon-hour college football ratings in three years
I've asked for a list of recent ABC noon games on GH but nothing yet
Sick of LOSERVILLE

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Nov 12 2:08 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Nov 12 1:53 pm
D2D wrote:
StarTribune headline:

I won't click on a Star Trib article, but I assume the ratings were for the Twin Cities market and not nation-wide.... Which would make this a non-story.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Nov 12 2:14 pm

I don't think that's true. I just think there aren't many big games in that specific time slot on ABC
Sick of LOSERVILLE

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Nov 12 2:15 pm

As I watch the video, I notice some similarities between Kill and PJ.

Both Kill and PJ used a slogan "Brick by Brick" vs "Row the Boat"
Both Kill and PJ have a player carry around a giant tool for some reason; a sledgehammer vs a giant pipe wrench
Both Kill and PJ would change helmet design for events
Both Kill and PJ would dance in the locker room after a big win (I guess PJ crowd surfs)

Yet PJ takes a lot more crap for these things than Kill did.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Nov 12 2:17 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Nov 12 2:14 pm
I don't think that's true. I just think there aren't many big games in that specific time slot on ABC
I think there are. My wife is a Badger fan. When I look for the Gopher game, I usually start on BTN. When I look for the Badger game for her, I usually start at ABC or ESPN.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Nov 12 2:20 pm

uw has only had one game at noon on ABC this year and it was against super power NW
Sick of LOSERVILLE

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 248 times

Post by Beauner » Tue Nov 12 2:42 pm

Isn't Oklahoma v. Texas usually an 11am kick on ABC?
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Nov 12 2:43 pm

Fox
Sick of LOSERVILLE

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Steve MN » Tue Nov 12 2:43 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Nov 12 2:08 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
D2D wrote:
StarTribune headline:

I won't click on a Star Trib article, but I assume the ratings were for the Twin Cities market and not nation-wide.... Which would make this a non-story.
I was curious, so I checked. That's nationwide. Average 6.7 million, peak 8.7 in the 4th quarter.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Tue Nov 12 2:47 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Nov 12 2:43 pm
Fox
Ahh. It got "demoted" to Fox in 2016 according to the Dallas Morning News article I found.

solar
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by solar » Tue Nov 12 2:54 pm

I was receiving texts from customers and vendors during the game from other parts of the US that know I'm from MN and am a Gopher football fan - asking if I was there etc. This was early in the game, too, not just as the party on the field started. There were quite a few people watching this game that I did not expect to hear from. As I heard someone say later in the day, that time slot is actually better than the later slot in some regards (more viewers). Not sure if that's true or not.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Nov 12 3:01 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Nov 12 2:17 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Nov 12 2:14 pm
I think there are. My wife is a Badger fan. When I look for the Gopher game, I usually start on BTN. When I look for the Badger game for her, I usually start at ABC or ESPN.
From the article:
ABC’s broadcast of the Penn State-Gophers football game drew the network’s highest noontime audience in nearly three seasons with an average of more than 6.7 million people tuning in. The last time ABC attracted that many eyeballs during that time slot was the 2016 showdown between Michigan and Ohio State. Viewership peaked Saturday at 8.7 million, deep in the fourth quarter.

The game was also a smash here at home. The Twin Cities market drew a 19.5 rating, a local high for college football games on ESPN-connected networks since records began in 2000. In comparison, the Pittsburgh market had a 12.8 rating and the Philadelphia market had a 8.7 rating.

ABC saw a 75 percent increase in viewership from last year thank

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Nov 12 3:27 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
D2D wrote:
StarTribune headline:

From GopherHole:
Michigan-Maryland
Oklahoma-Kansas St
Clemson-Louisville
Michigan-Illinois
Oklahoma-Kansas
NW-Wisconsin
Michigan St-NW
Pitt-Penn St
Cinci-Ohio St
Ole Miss-Memphis
That is for this year...not exactly the creme de la creme ;)

-Scooby 2/7/2017

team22tank
Veteran
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by team22tank » Tue Nov 12 3:38 pm

Switching gears a bit. I am curious if it is possible to build a concourse in the upper level? I know when the stadium was built they talked about being able to easily add seats and maybe one day enclose the horse shoe side.

Up top has room to walk, is it possible to put bathrooms and concessions up there so the two decks aren’t sharing the one course?

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Nov 12 3:45 pm

Bert - Kill had a lot of sway before he burned his bridge. It's a bit disingenuous to say Kill was getting ripped at the peak of his success in Minnesota for those things.

I fully expect Iowa is not going to foll over for this game. I am sure they like their home winning steak, want to keep Floyd, want to play in as nice a bowl game as possible, it is a big rival, they know Gopher fans will travel there in big numbers this year, etc. Gophers need to be ready and unlike with previous teams I expect that Fleck will have them ready.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Nov 12 4:10 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Nov 12 3:45 pm
Bert - Kill had a lot of sway before he burned his bridge. It's a bit disingenuous to say Kill was getting ripped at the peak of his success in Minnesota for those things.

I fully expect Iowa is not going to foll over for this game. I am sure they like their home winning steak, want to keep Floyd, want to play in as nice a bowl game as possible, it is a big rival, they know Gopher fans will travel there in big numbers this year, etc. Gophers need to be ready and unlike with previous teams I expect that Fleck will have them ready.
I think Bert is saying it seems weird PJ gets flak for doing much the same thing Kill did.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Nov 12 4:39 pm

Handyman wrote:
Tue Nov 12 4:10 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Nov 12 3:45 pm

I think Bert is saying it seems weird PJ gets flak for doing much the same thing Kill did.
Ah you might be right.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 196 times

Post by Vegasgopher » Tue Nov 12 5:09 pm

team22tank wrote:
Tue Nov 12 3:38 pm
Switching gears a bit. I am curious if it is possible to build a concourse in the upper level? I know when the stadium was built they talked about being able to easily add seats and maybe one day enclose the horse shoe side.

Up top has room to walk, is it possible to put bathrooms and concessions up there so the two decks aren’t sharing the one course?
I guess I always thought expansion would be to finish the horseshoe on the non student section/mariucci side?

NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Tue Nov 12 6:08 pm

Gophers are in 8 the CFP

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Nov 12 6:15 pm

Knew they wouldn't jump them way up past 7. If they win every game they'd still end up top four.
Sick of LOSERVILLE

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 196 times

Post by Vegasgopher » Tue Nov 12 6:43 pm

PJ did awesome on his interview on espn during the ratings reveal, that can only help recruiting

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Nov 12 6:56 pm

8 was my guess...i think it is low but right now it doesn't matter. Plus I bet the boys will use it for motivation like they seem to everything else.

I think this will all correct itself by the end. Gophers control where they end up if they keep winning.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Tue Nov 12 7:01 pm

I put a deposit down for football season tickets today

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Nov 12 7:27 pm

I will say...Oregon and Utah have done nothing to be ranked where they are. I can listen to the idea of Georgia...but the Pac12 stinks and the best win either of those teams have is USC who has the same record as Illinois.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Tue Nov 12 7:58 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Tue Nov 12 7:01 pm
I put a deposit down for football season tickets today
Me too.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Nov 12 8:03 pm

I just hope some day if we are consistently solid I can afford indoor club tickets on top of hockey tickets because I hate the cold lol.
Sick of LOSERVILLE

team22tank
Veteran
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by team22tank » Tue Nov 12 8:05 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Nov 12 8:03 pm
I just hope some day if we are consistently solid I can afford indoor club tickets on top of hockey tickets because I hate the cold lol.
Oh boy

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Tue Nov 12 9:06 pm

Vegasgopher wrote:
Tue Nov 12 6:43 pm
PJ did awesome on his interview on espn during the ratings reveal, that can only help recruiting
Whatd he say?

Dances With Gophers
Golden
Golden

Post by Dances With Gophers » Wed Nov 13 1:00 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Tue Nov 12 9:06 pm
Vegasgopher wrote:
Tue Nov 12 6:43 pm
Whatd he say?

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Wed Nov 13 1:20 am

I gotta admit, his philosophy on how to deal with the wins is pretty smart. Treat every win as great (even so called "bad" wins) and celebrate, then pat each other on the back and go right into film study on Sunday. If you treat every win the same then you are better prepared against letdowns.

I have done a complete 180 on PJ...and I am enjoying a nice helping of crow every week! Even if this Saturday the run "ends" and we lose, this is the most fun I have had watching this team in quite some time. He will take us somewhere special...and he will drag the lame Minnesota fans into the New World kicking and screaming if he has to.

BTW I heard an interview with Grimm I think on KFAN where he said he talked to Limegrover before the game (he is a coach at PSU) and he said the PJ hire was the perfect hire for what the team needs. Considering the feud between Kill and PJ I found that interesting.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by davescharf » Wed Nov 13 6:21 am

It’s crazy to think how young this team is with only 11 seniors. I’m loving every minute of it
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Nov 13 7:19 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Nov 12 2:15 pm
As I watch the video, I notice some similarities between Kill and PJ.

Both Kill and PJ used a slogan "Brick by Brick" vs "Row the Boat"
Both Kill and PJ have a player carry around a giant tool for some reason; a sledgehammer vs a giant pipe wrench
Both Kill and PJ would change helmet design for events
Both Kill and PJ would dance in the locker room after a big win (I guess PJ crowd surfs)

Yet PJ takes a lot more crap for these things than Kill did.
Kills name shouldn’t be mentioned in the same paragraph as PJ. One is a legitimate winner as a D1 Head Football Coach, his team has proved it on the field this season (so far) In spades 👍 (and PJ proved it at Western Michigan too). The other...had country bumpkin charm, but he and his teams were no more successful than Glen Mason teams, arguably less successful than Mason teams. And in departing from Gopherland, Kill has acted totally CLASSLESS and Bitter about things...he had no legitimate reason to be Bitter about☝️

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Nov 13 8:51 am

JC65
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by JC65 » Wed Nov 13 9:54 am

solar wrote:
Tue Nov 12 2:54 pm
I was receiving texts from customers and vendors during the game from other parts of the US that know I'm from MN and am a Gopher football fan - asking if I was there etc. This was early in the game, too, not just as the party on the field started. There were quite a few people watching this game that I did not expect to hear from. As I heard someone say later in the day, that time slot is actually better than the later slot in some regards (more viewers). Not sure if that's true or not.
I got text from my older brother, who is NOT a football fan, who said it was on the TV in the Delta Lounge in the Atlanta airport.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Wed Nov 13 10:19 am

Beauner wrote:
Wed Nov 13 8:51 am
While Dez is right I am just not that upset about it. If we beat Iowa and dont jump Utah and Oregon though then I will be upset.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Nov 13 10:33 am

The only point the rankings matter is when they do bowl selection. The Gophers will certainly be top 4 after beating PSU, the Stinkeyes, the BADgers, and fOSU.

It’s not even worth sweating. And if they lose one of those games, the rankings won’t matter anyway.

The Gophers came out of nowhere after struggling through each of their non-conference games to be 9-0 so I am not offended they have other time-proven teams ahead of them. Hell everyone today agrees the Gophers should be ahead of PSU in the rankings yet that game could have easily gone PSU’s way on the last drive and we’d all have very different opinions.

Is a one loss Alabama team really worse than an undefeated Gopher team? No way in hell.
Last edited by Bertogliat on Wed Nov 13 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Nov 13 10:34 am

Handyman wrote:
Wed Nov 13 10:19 am
Beauner wrote:
Wed Nov 13 8:51 am
While Dez is right I am just not that upset about it. If we beat Iowa and dont jump Utah and Oregon though then I will be upset.
I agree. It ultimately doesn't matter where we're at right now. Keep winning games and they'll end up where they belong.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Nov 13 10:49 am

Just go 1-0 in the Iowa season. And kick their ass.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Nov 13 11:21 am

Haha

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Nov 13 11:45 am

It was probably Thursday that I started to get nervous and excited for the game last week. Now it's starting today. Until they lose, hopefully not this year, I think every game is the biggest Gopher football game I've witnessed in my life.
Sick of LOSERVILLE

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Nov 13 11:50 am

I feel like there were many weeks when I was at school where I was reading about the Gophers in the ESPN bottom ten articles. Now people are complaining we are not top four. What a crazy time
Sick of LOSERVILLE

5 O.T.
Veteran

Post by 5 O.T. » Wed Nov 13 11:53 am

I love the way Mo Ibraham runs through the Nitally lion d-back at the end of this run. :club: :blackeye: :biggrin2:

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Wed Nov 13 12:30 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Nov 13 10:33 am
The only point the rankings matter is when they do bowl selection. The Gophers will certainly be top 4 after beating PSU, the Stinkeyes, the BADgers SUCK, and fOSU.

It’s not even worth sweating. And if they lose one of those games, the rankings won’t matter anyway.

The Gophers came out of nowhere after struggling through each of their non-conference games to be 9-0 so I am not offended they have other time-proven teams ahead of them. Hell everyone today agrees the Gophers should be ahead of PSU in the rankings yet that game could have easily gone PSU’s way on the last drive and we’d all have very different opinions.

Is a one loss Alabama team really worse than an undefeated Gopher team? No way in hell.
Its not that I am sweating it...cause it will work itself out in the end. It is more OCD than anything. It is one thing for a 1 loss SEC team to be above an undefeated squad but not the Pac12. The Gophs resume beats both of theirs.

Again nothing to be upset about...just one of the reasons I dont like the way this is all set up. Trust me I am more excited by the idea of us being #8 than annoyed we are ONLY #8 ya know what I mean?

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Wed Nov 13 12:35 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Wed Nov 13 11:45 am
It was probably Thursday that I started to get nervous and excited for the game last week. Now it's starting today. Until they lose, hopefully not this year, I think every game is the biggest Gopher football game I've witnessed in my life.
The question is, and please dont take this as an attack of any kind, if the Gophers lose on Saturday do you write the season off or do you enjoy the rest of the ride? I ask because my big complaint about fans in this town is that their big way to not deal with success is to over-inflate expectations at the first sign of success so that way when it doesnt reach their expectations they can jump off the bandwagon.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Wed Nov 13 1:05 pm

Going into every year my goals are
beat uw
Finish ahead of uw in the standings

So if both of those end up not happening I will be bummed.
Sick of LOSERVILLE

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Wed Nov 13 1:34 pm

As would I...but would you go back to your "woe is me" crap or will you look towards the future?

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Wed Nov 13 1:37 pm

According to the ticket thread on Ghole only about 1500 tickets left for the Sconnie game.

-Scooby 2/7/2017