Gopher Football 2019

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: Gopher Football 2019

Post by Handyman » Fri Aug 30 9:46 am

Someone on Ghole said it best:

(when has that ever been said)

"I would rather have ugly wins than moral victories".

For now that seems about right.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Fri Aug 30 10:45 am

Agreed. I will take the W. Maybe we overlooked them, maybe it was first week jitters with getting rust off, or who knows. How many teams struggle their first week and SDSU was a top tier FCS school with kids probably hyped up to play at TCF against a team who maybe didn't recruit them. Let's move on and change our best :)

I think the road test against Fresno will be a tough one with the 9 pm CST start, hot temperatures and a well coached team who has won 10 games the last two seasons IIRC.

JC65
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by JC65 » Fri Aug 30 10:51 am

The thing that worries me most about the Gophers is that the Jacks beat themselves. Two turnovers that lead to quick Gopher scores and a penalty that called back a return touchdown... any one of those plays makes it a tied game at worst.

trixR4kids
Veteran
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by trixR4kids » Fri Aug 30 10:56 am

It seemed like on that last drive by the offense the adrenaline rush finally wore off for SDSU and we just wore them down (we literally just ran up the middle 4-5 plays in a row). That probably won't work vs better teams.

I was a bit skeptical of the D going into this game, our D looked really good under the new coordinator toward the end last year but it was also abysmal earlier on and it was kinda hard to believe that it was solely due to the coordinator and not talent on some level. Someone more knowledgeable about football than me can probably better figure out whether coaching or execution was more the issue there yesterday but it seemed like we were getting burned on some pretty basic plays not to mention special teams D.

I was more surprised by how bad the offense was though, Faalele got burned a few times early on, the O line in general was getting outplayed for much of the 2nd half and a lot of the first, the RBs weren't running roughshod on an FCS team like one might expect (yes they're a good FCS team but still...). The other receivers didn't have a ton of chances to do anything and had some drops, Tyler Johnson specifically stood out in that regard. Fortunately Bateman came to play and like I said earlier, producing offense almost solely because of your talent making plays is a nice change of pace for a program that's lacked it since forever. I would agree that the coaching and offensive schemes were pretty awful at times, the screens clearly weren't working and like Handy said, they didn't really make sense given what the D was doing. I would also agree with Beauner that after the pick 6 that was the time to go more aggressive and put the game away. As for Tanner Morgan, he had one nice long throw to Bateman but other than that he wasn't asked to do anything super complicated and the pick was pretty bad. I think he'll probably be fine but ideally we get someone above average at that position eventually (felt the same way about ZA too I suppose).

They're gonna need to be better next week, I have a hard time imagining that a road game vs a better team will be easier than what they just faced.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Fri Aug 30 6:33 pm

Well Fresno lost a lot which will help. SDSU I believe returned quite a bit and they were jacked up to play us. That said we should have beaten them soundly. Running the vanilla offense was a stupid coaching decision.

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Vegasgopher » Fri Aug 30 7:09 pm

They always say the biggest improvement you make is from week 1 to week 2...hopefully this team improves every week...I saw tons of positives and the obvious negatives...kicker(s) are a concern...

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sat Aug 31 11:48 am

To put things in perspective a bit...Purdue blew a 17 point 4th quarter lead and lost at Nevada. I would rather be us than them at this moment :)

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by Beauner » Sat Aug 31 12:15 pm

Big facts.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Sat Aug 31 12:19 pm

Lol was watching some of that at the bar, the dude who tried to pick up that bouncing punt with 12 guys around him was really bright 😂
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Chris83 » Sat Aug 31 12:25 pm

Handyman wrote:
Sat Aug 31 11:48 am
To put things in perspective a bit...Purdue blew a 17 point 4th quarter lead and lost at Nevada. I would rather be us than them at this moment :)
Agreed. That one had "Mase Special" written all over it.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

JC65
Golden
Golden

Post by JC65 » Sat Aug 31 1:03 pm

South Alabama is staying with Nebraska early in the third quarter.

And... thirty seconds after I type that Nebraska gets an interception return for a touchdown.

And a couple minutes later a punt return for a TD...

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Aug 31 1:50 pm

JC65 wrote:
Sat Aug 31 1:03 pm
South Alabama is staying with Nebraska early in the third quarter.

And... thirty seconds after I type that Nebraska gets an interception return for a touchdown.

And a couple minutes later a punt return for a TD...
SAU had made it 28-21 and then a sack+fumble revovery in the endzone made it 35-21 Nebraska at the start of the 4th.
And now South Alabama throws an INT on the Nebraska 3 that went in and out of the receiver's hands.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Aug 31 4:08 pm

For us it was a top 5 worst win ever...lol

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by D2D » Sat Aug 31 7:49 pm

Vegasgopher wrote:
Sat Aug 31 4:08 pm
I know they keep stats for just about everything, but this? :wink:

JC65
Golden
Golden

Post by JC65 » Sat Aug 31 8:11 pm

Northwestern fifth year senior Quarterback TJ Green apparently needs foot surgery.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Aug 31 8:14 pm

D2D wrote:
Sat Aug 31 7:49 pm
Vegasgopher wrote:
It was a hot topic of conversation in the hockey thread some time back that went on and on...I can't remember what is was about, probably only beat a lesser opponent by 3 goals and everyone freaked out

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 150 times

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Aug 31 9:27 pm

Vegasgopher wrote:
Sat Aug 31 8:14 pm
D2D wrote:
Vegasgopher wrote:
It was a hot topic of conversation in the hockey thread some time back that went on and on...I can't remember what is was about, probably only beat a lesser opponent by 3 goals and everyone freaked out
Pretty sure it was an actual loss tagged "Top 5 worst loss ever" which most of us soundly roasted as total hyperbole.
Currently under construction.

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Sat Aug 31 10:25 pm

It was funny mostly because it was a tie for PWR purposes and we lost in a shootout IIRC

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sat Aug 31 11:29 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Aug 31 9:27 pm
Vegasgopher wrote:
Sat Aug 31 8:14 pm
D2D wrote:
Vegasgopher wrote:
Pretty sure it was an actual loss tagged "Top 5 worst loss ever" which most of us soundly roasted as total hyperbole.
It was a loss in a shootout so it didnt even count as a loss in the standings. :lol:

That sucks about TJ Green.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 241 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Sep 01 1:03 pm

Handyman wrote:
Wasn't that the Superstar coach that was getting all the buzz about going on to bigger things?
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Sep 01 5:24 pm

Gophers opened as an early 3.5 favorite vs Fresno. Over/Under is 48.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sun Sep 01 7:58 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sun Sep 01 1:03 pm
Handyman wrote:
Wasn't that the Superstar coach that was getting all the buzz about going on to bigger things?
Yes...he should have taken the Louisville job when he had the chance.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Dances With Gophers
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Dances With Gophers » Wed Sep 04 8:59 am

"Every year, Fleck said Monday, his teams follow a theme, from musical groups to historic world leaders. This year, it’s movies. … For Week 1 against South Dakota State, “The Dark Knight” was the inspiration."
Open note to PJ - please consider the below movies and their associated quotes for the remainder of the season:

Sun, Sep 8 @ Fresno State
Movie = Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi. “It’s a Trap!”
It’s a trap game, but the Gophers *should* cruise to a double-digit victory that never is in doubt. (2-0)

Sat, Sep 14 vs Georgia Southern
Movie = Deliverance. “Squeal like a pig! SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!”
Georgia Southern: [squeals like a pig] (3-0)

Sat, Sep 28 @ Purdue
Movie = Dead Poets Society.
PJ Fleck: [pre-game speech, points to the 1940 team picture] "They're not that different from you, are they? Same haircuts. Full of hormones, just like you. Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster. They believe they're destined for great things, just like many of you, their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary."
Gophers seize the day and win the B1G opener. (4-0, 1-0)

Sat, Oct 5 vs Illinois
Movie = The Blues Brothers. “We’re on a mission from God.”
We are. Also, revenge game. (5-0, 2-0)

Sat, Oct 12 vs Nebraska
Movie = Silence of the Lambs. “A Husker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.”
Believe it or not, the Gophers blast the doors wide open in this one and the national spotlight starts to shift towards Dinkytown shortly thereafter. (6-0, 3-0)

Sat, Oct 19 @ Rutgers
Movie = The Sixth Sense. “I see dead people.”
LOL Rutgers. (7-0, 4-0)

Sat, Oct 26 vs Maryland
Movie = Apocalypse Now. “I love the smell of napalm in the morning.”
Turtle soup, anyone? Revenge Game 2.0 (8-0, 5-0)

Sat, Nov 9 vs Penn State
Movie = Monty Python. “It's just a flesh wound.”
Goll-d@#$%it! Of course we’d lose to Pedo State U at home after and extra week of rest to prepare. And it’s not even close. (8-1, 5-1)

Sat, Nov 16 @ Iowa
Movie = Pulp Fiction. “And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Whispers for Ferentz’s head on a platter grow into howls after this one. Floyd returns home. (9-1, 6-1)

Sat, Nov 23 @ Northwestern
Movie = On the Waterfront. “I coulda been a contender!”
Welp, we coulda been a BCS contender…but we stumble in Evanston. (9-2, 6-2)

Sat, Nov 30 vs Wisconsin
Movie = The Empire Strikes Back. “No. I am your father.”
Goldy will forever be Bucky’s daddy. Axe stays put, we clinch the West. (10-2, 7-2)

Big Ten Football Championship Game
Movie = The Princess Bride. “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You took my jug. Prepare to die.”
The question on everyone’s mind – will Harbaugh bring the jug to the Championship game? Hubris bites Harbaugh in the arse here, because he does, but the Gophers win back the JUG because [reasons]. (11-2, 8-2) [Q: does the championship game count for conference record purposes? Too lazy to Google…)

Rose Bowl
Movie = Caddyshack. “Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former B1G cellar-dweller, now, about to become the Rose Bowl champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!”
Pasadena hasn’t seen this many Minnesotans in town since, well, ever. #SuckItWashington (12-2, 8-2)

TL;DR - season ends with all four trophies in the case, a Rose Bowl victory to savor, but we spend the entire off-season fretting about PJ Fleck moving on to Michigan after Harbaugh is wooed back to the NFL.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
Suddenly, it all makes sense: "ND produces enough sugarbeets that produce enough sugar to sweeten 27 billion gallons of Kool-Aid." ND Fun Facts :ahhh:

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by george » Wed Sep 04 10:05 am

Dances With Gophers wrote:
Wed Sep 04 8:59 am
"Every year, Fleck said Monday, his teams follow a theme, from musical groups to historic world leaders. This year, it’s movies. … For Week 1 against South Dakota State, “The Dark Knight” was the inspiration."
Open note to PJ - please consider the below movies and their associated quotes for the remainder of the season:

It’s a trap game, but the Gophers *should* cruise to a double-digit victory that never is in doubt. (2-0)

Sat, Sep 28 @ Purdue
PJ Fleck: [pre-game speech, points to the 1940 team picture] "They're not that different from you, are they? Same haircuts. Full of hormones, just like you. Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster. They believe they're destined for great things, just like many of you, their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary."

Sat, Oct 5 vs Illinois

Sat, Oct 12 vs Nebraska
Movie = Silence of the Lambs. “A Husker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.”
Believe it or not, the Gophers blast the doors wide open in this one and the national spotlight starts to shift towards Dinkytown shortly thereafter. (6-0, 3-0)

Sat, Oct 19 @ Rutgers
LOL Rutgers. (7-0, 4-0)

Sat, Oct 26 vs Maryland

Sat, Nov 9 vs Penn State
Goll-d@#$%it! Of course we’d lose to Pedo State U at home after and extra week of rest to prepare. And it’s not even close. (8-1, 5-1)

Sat, Nov 16 @ Iowa
Movie = Pulp Fiction. “And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Whispers for Ferentz’s head on a platter grow into howls after this one. Floyd returns home. (9-1, 6-1)

Sat, Nov 30 vs Wisconsin
Goldy will forever be Bucky’s daddy. Axe stays put, we clinch the West. (10-2, 7-2)

Movie = The Princess Bride. “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You took my jug. Prepare to die.”
The question on everyone’s mind – will Harbaugh bring the jug to the Championship game? Hubris bites Harbaugh in the arse here, because he does, but the Gophers win back the JUG because [reasons]. (11-2, 8-2) [Q: does the championship game count for conference record purposes? Too lazy to Google…)

Rose Bowl
Movie = Caddyshack. “Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former B1G cellar-dweller, now, about to become the Rose Bowl champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!”
Pasadena hasn’t seen this many Minnesotans in town since, well, ever. #SuckItWashington (12-2, 8-2)

TL;DR - season ends with all four trophies in the case, a Rose Bowl victory to savor, but we spend the entire off-season fretting about PJ Fleck moving on to Michigan after Harbaugh is wooed back to the NFL.

"I'll have what he's having."

minnhkyruls
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by minnhkyruls » Wed Sep 04 10:31 am

george wrote:
Wed Sep 04 10:05 am

Sat, Sep 28 @ Purdue

Sat, Oct 5 vs Illinois

Sat, Oct 12 vs Nebraska

Sat, Oct 19 @ Rutgers
LOL Rutgers. (7-0, 4-0)

Sat, Oct 26 vs Maryland

Sat, Nov 9 vs Penn State

Sat, Nov 16 @ Iowa

Sat, Nov 30 vs Wisconsin

Rose Bowl

"I'll have what he's having."
"Wow" - Owen Wilson

MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by MNNavy » Wed Sep 04 12:14 pm

Let's review your predictions:
  • vs Penn State (Governor's Bell) - L
  • vs Iowa (Floyd of Rosedale) - W
  • vs Wisconsin (Paul Bunyan's Axe) - W
  • vs Michigan (Little Brown Jug) - W
I guess you're counting the broken pieces of chair for the Nebraska game. Not an official trophy, so I don't count it.
I have GOT to stop saying "How stupid can you get"
Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Wed Sep 04 1:10 pm

It holds more value than the stupid bell...

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Wed Sep 04 3:46 pm

I love it, all of it...however I picked a hell of a week to stop sniffing glue...

JC65
Golden
Golden

Post by JC65 » Wed Sep 04 8:20 pm

Oklahoma plays the University of South Dakota this weekend. At least the Gophers played a good FCS team.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Thu Sep 05 6:09 pm

JC65 wrote:
Wed Sep 04 8:20 pm
Oklahoma plays the University of South Dakota this weekend. At least the Gophers played a good FCS team.
Wasn't it the ugly helmets fans that used to throw marshmallows at lesser opponents? That's was awesome

00xtremeninja
Veteran
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by 00xtremeninja » Thu Sep 05 11:56 pm

Bet they stopped that after the Appalachian State debacle
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden

Post by Vegasgopher » Fri Sep 06 11:04 am

00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Sep 05 11:56 pm
Bet they stopped that after the Appalachian State debacle
D'ho...yeah, not so funny after that...

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Fri Sep 06 9:51 pm

This helmet? Elite

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Fri Sep 06 10:28 pm

Ohhhhhh love those Goldy helmets!
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

Greyeagle
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 217 times

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Sep 06 10:31 pm

Love them!
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Sep 06 10:38 pm

I approve

Maize
Veteran
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Maize » Fri Sep 06 11:28 pm

Vegasgopher wrote:
Thu Sep 05 6:09 pm
Wasn't it the ugly helmets fans that used to throw marshmallows at lesser opponents? That's was awesome
They did for every game, regardless of opponent. It got banned when they switched from grass to field turf in 2003 because they would melt into the turf.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Sep 07 2:56 am

The helmet is great but I've always preferred maroon pants with a white top.

GopherPete
Veteran
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by GopherPete » Sat Sep 07 7:02 am

I can't stand our current "gold". Not sure who decided yellow should be our color, but wish the U would chose a set of colors and stick with them. And preferably they would use gold.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Sep 07 9:31 pm

Gotta wait till 9:30 and won't even be able to watch. 6 minutes left of this game?
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Sep 07 9:33 pm

A real thriller of florida schools

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by JWG » Sat Sep 07 9:35 pm

Watching the lightning delay. Greeeaaaat.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Sep 07 9:36 pm

40 yard dash story wtffff
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Sep 07 9:37 pm

This freaking 48-14 game is going into a weather delay for the next half hour. Good lord I hope they change to the Gopher game.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Sep 07 9:37 pm

They called the game. But they're still yapping.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Sep 07 9:39 pm

Kinda wish the goldy would be on both sides, but still sweet

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Sep 07 9:43 pm

Ibraham runs so aggressively, love that hes not afraid to lower his shoulder and deliver a hit.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Sep 07 9:45 pm

Touchdown into the Purnia Dog Chow inspired endzone!

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Sep 07 9:47 pm

FSU going Maryland with the endzone.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Sep 07 9:49 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Sep 07 9:47 pm
Hasnt Tennessee been doing it the longest with the checkers?

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Sep 07 9:50 pm

00xtremeninja wrote:
Sat Sep 07 9:49 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Sep 07 9:47 pm
Hasnt Tennessee been doing it the longest with the checkers?
I think so. They've been doing it since I can remember.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Sep 07 9:51 pm

Basically a picture perfect first drive.
6+ minutes capped off by a crossing route for a TD to Bateman!

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Sep 07 9:59 pm

ffs is every FG going to take 1 hour?

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Sat Sep 07 10:04 pm

That drive was looking good until that happened 😬

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by gopherguy13 » Sat Sep 07 10:05 pm

Damnit. Great play from Morgan and Johnson negated by a lost fumble.....
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Sep 07 10:05 pm

Buzz kill of a fumble.
Offense has looked pretty sharp so far until that.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Sep 07 10:07 pm

Had all the mo then bam it's gone.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Sep 07 10:15 pm

Did we just get called the vikings? Was folding laundry and thought I heard that

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Sat Sep 07 10:16 pm

Good defensive stop.
JWG
[This space for rent]

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Sat Sep 07 10:21 pm

00xtremeninja wrote:
Sat Sep 07 10:15 pm
Did we just get called the vikings? Was folding laundry and thought I heard that
They were comparing our o line to the Vikings o Line. Fun fact, Gophers is bigger. 6’5” to 6’1” and 340 to 302.
JWG
[This space for rent]

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Sep 07 10:24 pm

JWG wrote:
Sat Sep 07 10:21 pm
00xtremeninja wrote:
They were comparing our o line to the Vikings o Line. Fun fact, Gophers is bigger. 6’5” to 6’1” and 340 to 302.
Gotcha, that is pretty dang impressive

F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by F Da Sue » Sat Sep 07 10:25 pm

JWG wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:
And gave up a sack on the very next play.

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Sat Sep 07 10:25 pm

00xtremeninja wrote:
Sat Sep 07 10:24 pm
JWG wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:
Wonder how much of an outlier Faalale is :lol:

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Sat Sep 07 10:25 pm

Get a TD here and make it 14-3.

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Sat Sep 07 10:29 pm

gopherguy13 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 10:25 pm
00xtremeninja wrote:
Sat Sep 07 10:24 pm
JWG wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:
Wonder how much of an outlier Faalale is :lol:
Well. He is 400 lbs. and 6’9”
Last edited by JWG on Sat Sep 07 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Sep 07 10:31 pm

Open up the offense a bit please.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Sep 07 10:35 pm

That's targeting.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Sep 07 10:36 pm

Good on fleck for knowing the rules

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Sep 07 10:38 pm

Yep that was pretty textbook. Literally went crown of the helmet right into the ear hole of Ibrahim.

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Sat Sep 07 10:42 pm

gopherguy13 wrote:
Sat Sep 07 10:25 pm
Get a TD here and make it 14-3.
Thank u Gophers

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Sep 07 10:44 pm

This is the offensive line I expected to see last week. Just grinding Fresno into dust.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Sep 07 10:47 pm

Defense waking up now too, noice!

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Sat Sep 07 10:49 pm

Jfc, way to go Devers

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Sep 07 10:49 pm

That was a stupid penalty. Really dumb.

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherguy13 » Sat Sep 07 10:50 pm

Man, that's a killer penalty. 4th and 10 turns into a TD.