Vikings 2019 season

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
JC65
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Vikings 2019 season

Post by JC65 » Mon Sep 16 2:31 pm

The Diggs penalty is being blown out of proportion. Thirty teams in the league have kickers who make that kick. Even with the missed kick the lead at that point was 5 points (it would have been four with the PAT) so it would have taken a TD to win either way.

The effect the missed PAT had on the game was exactly nothing.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Sep 16 2:40 pm

JC65 wrote:
Mon Sep 16 2:31 pm
The Diggs penalty is being blown out of proportion. Thirty teams in the league have kickers who make that kick. Even with the missed kick the lead at that point was 5 points (it would have been four with the PAT) so it would have taken a TD to win either way.

Two point conversion would have put them within three. So, yeah, it mattered. Personally I didn't care at the time and it's not why they lost. They lost because of horrible QB play.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by streakygopher » Mon Sep 16 3:16 pm

JC65 wrote:

My comments had nothing even to do with the score. He knows better than to mug for the camera with his helmet off, but he did it anyway.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 316 times

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Sep 16 3:45 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Mon Sep 16 3:16 pm
JC65 wrote:

My comments had nothing even to do with the score. He knows better than to mug for the camera with his helmet off, but he did it anyway.
And he did it while losing.... :anger:

At least do it when you've taken the lead. The celebration is moronic when they opposing fans can point at the scoreboard and call you a loser. :crazy:

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Sep 16 4:26 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Sep 16 3:45 pm
streakygopher wrote:
JC65 wrote:

At least do it when you've taken the lead. The celebration is moronic when they opposing fans can point at the scoreboard and call you a loser. :crazy:
BINGO

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by Handyman » Mon Sep 16 7:56 pm

JC65 wrote:

They would have gone for 2. That makes it a 3 point lead. He cost them any shot at that.

It was a stupid, arrogant, selfish move and I hope Zimmer ripped him a new one for it.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Mon Sep 16 7:57 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Sep 16 3:45 pm
streakygopher wrote:
JC65 wrote:

Yeah it is like the guys who score a goal down by 5...maybe act like you have been there.

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"

-Scooby 2/7/2017

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by The Rube » Mon Sep 16 10:01 pm

Re: Diggs penalty:

I swear I thought the rule was helmet on until off the field, not specifically sidelines. Obviously I was wrong, but maybe he thought the same thing? I dunno.

And yes, I'm in the camp of act like you've been there before, unless it's a team celebration (reason? Giving props to EVERYONE on the team, it's not an individual effort).
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 270 times

Post by Beauner » Mon Sep 16 10:09 pm

JC65 wrote:

Tough for a kicker to make a FG when it's blocked 🤷‍♂️

That said, without the penalty the Vikings go for 2 to make it a 3pt lead. They're not going for 2 after a 15 yard penalty sets them back to the 17.

That's why it was dumb.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

00xtremeninja
Veteran
Been liked: 114 times

Post by 00xtremeninja » Tue Sep 17 6:10 am

The Rube wrote:
Mon Sep 16 10:01 pm
Re: Diggs penalty:

I swear I thought the rule was helmet on until off the field, not specifically sidelines. Obviously I was wrong, but maybe he thought the same thing? I dunno.

And yes, I'm in the camp of act like you've been there before, unless it's a team celebration (reason? Giving props to EVERYONE on the team, it's not an individual effort).
In high school my coaches had a rule that you keep your helmet on the entire game, save for being injured, needing it fixed, etc. This was well before it was a rule in the nfl and college, just one he had implemented because on field it is a safety measure and on the sidelines there is no delay in asking a player to get into the game because he left his helmet somewhere or is struggling to get it on etc. Made life a whole lot easier lol
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by gopher6 » Tue Sep 17 7:24 am

Cousins leads the NFL in turnovers in the 4th qrtr with 9 going back to last season and this season. L.O.L.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Sep 17 7:59 am

gopher6 wrote:
Tue Sep 17 7:24 am
Cousins leads the NFL in turnovers in the 4th qrtr with 9 going back to last season and this season. L.O.L.
Christian Ponder II.

Who knew he'd get a sequel?
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Sep 17 8:55 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Tue Sep 17 7:59 am
gopher6 wrote:
Christian Ponder II.

Let’s not get totally ridiculous regarding our criticism of Captain Kirk 😉😆

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Sep 17 8:57 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Sep 17 8:55 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Tue Sep 17 7:59 am
gopher6 wrote:
Christian Ponder II.

Let’s not get totally ridiculous regarding our criticism of Captain Kirk 😉😆
I've heard Ponder's name more the last two days then I did when he was the QB.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Sep 17 9:00 am

Also, interesting to note. There was more PI on the interception by Green Bay then there was on the reversed TD of the Vikings.

The new pass interference is worse than the old pass interference.

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Tue Sep 17 9:05 am

PI calls have turned into a joke. Let's just let these guys carry wiffle ball bats, beat each other senseless and if you can catch the ball then you earned it.
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Sep 17 9:33 am

I am not sure how much more of a leash they can give Kirk. I wonder if they draft a QB this year as he goes into the last year of his contract to prep them.

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Chris83 » Tue Sep 17 9:40 am

We can all debate the wisdom of various play calls during a game; going with a rollout on first and goal when you've run the ball down the throat of the defense to get there is questionable. However, that's why you need a QB with presence and composure running your offense. In the case of Cousins vs the Packers on Sunday, he didn't need to make a "brilliant" play, just the obvious, common sense one: throw the ball away. But he didn't and that's his pattern under pressure. He doesn't have presence and composure. When you build your offense for your QB to manage a game and not need to "win it", and you're STILL having issues, as Jerry says to George, “That's a pretty big matzo ball hanging out there.”
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

team22tank
Veteran
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by team22tank » Tue Sep 17 10:39 am

Chris83 wrote:
Tue Sep 17 9:40 am
We can all debate the wisdom of various play calls during a game; going with a rollout on first and goal when you've run the ball down the throat of the defense to get there is questionable. However, that's why you need a QB with presence and composure running your offense. In the case of Cousins vs the Packers on Sunday, he didn't need to make a "brilliant" play, just the obvious, common sense one: throw the ball away. But he didn't and that's his pattern under pressure. He doesn't have presence and composure. When you build your offense for your QB to manage a game and not need to "win it", and you're STILL having issues, as Jerry says to George, “That's a pretty big matzo ball hanging out there.”
I don't have a problem with the play call. Good offenses call whatever they want when they want and it makes them highly unpredictable.

While yes it was a rollout, it was also a busted play. Cousins never fully "rolled out" he started to but then with the pressure continued backwards and ultimately made a very poor decision to throw off his back foot from the 22 yard line.

If the roll out works as drawn up he makes a "C" progression and comes back close to the line and has two options for throwing, one short and one in the back of the end zone, both very safe, head on throws. And option three run.

Cousins made a bone head play and tried to do something when there was nothing. His head and demeanor are going to be his biggest down fall. With this running game, he should be taking every simple throw and making it and throwing away the junk.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Sep 17 10:50 am

The vikings were only in that position because the defense $h!t the bed and rolled around in it during the 1st quarter and yet we only hear bitching about the QB.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Tue Sep 17 10:54 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Sep 17 10:50 am
The vikings were only in that position because the defense $h!t the bed and rolled around in it during the 1st quarter and yet we only hear bitching about the QB.
Really? Give up 21 on the road to Rodgers, not to shabby. I would agree with you if they had the same 1st quarter and then got a lot better throughout the game but say gave up another 10 points, for 31.

Vikes D 1st Q, crap, 2nd Q awesome, 3rd Q more awesome, 4th Q more awesome. If you were giving them a grade for the entire game probably in the B range.

Cousins, Q1 crap, q2 crap, q3 crap, q4 crap. Grade for the game F-.

The Vikes D adjusted and gave them a shot to win. Cousins was hot garbage all game.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Sep 17 11:40 am

Bertogliat wrote:
They stopped after that 10? straight drives. Do you really think you didn't need to score more than 16 to win?

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Chris83 » Tue Sep 17 11:58 am

team22tank wrote:
Tue Sep 17 10:39 am
Chris83 wrote:
Tue Sep 17 9:40 am
I don't have a problem with the play call. Good offenses call whatever they want when they want and it makes them highly unpredictable.

While yes it was a rollout, it was also a busted play. Cousins never fully "rolled out" he started to but then with the pressure continued backwards and ultimately made a very poor decision to throw off his back foot from the 22 yard line.

If the roll out works as drawn up he makes a "C" progression and comes back close to the line and has two options for throwing, one short and one in the back of the end zone, both very safe, head on throws. And option three run.

Cousins made a bone head play and tried to do something when there was nothing. His head and demeanor are going to be his biggest down fall. With this running game, he should be taking every simple throw and making it and throwing away the junk.
As I said, regardless of what the call is you need your QB to be able to respond under pressure and adjust; Cousins does not do that. If nothing is available and safe, throw the ball away. You then have 3 more downs to produce some kind of score. A panicked INT gets you zippo.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Sep 17 2:00 pm

team22tank wrote:
Tue Sep 17 10:54 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Really? Give up 21 on the road to Rodgers, not to shabby. I would agree with you if they had the same 1st quarter and then got a lot better throughout the game but say gave up another 10 points, for 31.

Vikes D 1st Q, crap, 2nd Q awesome, 3rd Q more awesome, 4th Q more awesome. If you were giving them a grade for the entire game probably in the B range.

The Vikes D adjusted and gave them a shot to win. Cousins was hot garbage all game.
The Dalvin Cook penalty that negated a TD at the end of the 1st half cost the Vikes 4 points and the Diggs penalty negated an extra point. Neither of those are Kirk's fault and it should have been a tie game. Yet Kirk gets an F- and the Defense gets a B? And how do they get a D for the 1st quarter?

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Sep 17 2:05 pm

That penalty was not a penalty. They made it up. So, I wouldn't count that.

Defense may have sucked in the 1st quarter but so did the offense.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by streakygopher » Tue Sep 17 2:34 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Sep 17 2:00 pm
team22tank wrote:
Tue Sep 17 10:54 am
Bertogliat wrote:

The Dalvin Cook penalty that negated a TD at the end of the 1st half cost the Vikes 4 points and the Diggs penalty negated an extra point. Neither of those are Kirk's fault and it should have been a tie game. Yet Kirk gets an F- and the Defense gets a B? And how do they get a D for the 1st quarter?
That same defense that gave up 21 points also stopped Rodgers 11 straight drives, so yeah, kudos to them and a B is about right for 21 points on the road against Rodgers. Cousins over threw guys all day long, had two fumbles and two INT with a passer rating of 52, so yeah, an F- is about right. :)

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Sep 17 2:50 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Tue Sep 17 2:05 pm

Yeah but if the D had showed up at all in the first who knows what happens. I get they played well later but spotting GB 21 points made the odds long the Vikes would have a shot. You dont get a B for playing 3 good quarters out of 4.

3/4 = 75% which is a C.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Sep 17 2:53 pm

Handyman wrote:
Tue Sep 17 2:50 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:

Yeah but if the D had showed up at all in the first who knows what happens. I get they played well later but spotting GB 21 points made the odds long the Vikes would have a shot. You dont get a B for playing 3 good quarters out of 4.

3/4 = 75% which is a C.
I was just as unthrilled with them as anyone. But, they played well enough to win the game in the end. The offense did not. And the QB sucked throughout.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Tue Sep 17 3:46 pm

Handyman wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:

3/4 = 75% which is a C.
Fine give them a C. Cousins still gets an F-.

Not to mention that a missed FG gave GB a mid field start. And then a Fumble gave GB a start at the Vikes 40.

At the end of the day 21 points against on the road against Rodgers, taking it every time. And as bad as Cousins played, his D and his running game had him in a position to be the winning QB and he muffed it.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Sep 17 4:02 pm

team22tank wrote:
Tue Sep 17 3:46 pm
Handyman wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:

3/4 = 75% which is a C.

Not to mention that a missed FG gave GB a mid field start. And then a Fumble gave GB a start at the Vikes 40.

At the end of the day 21 points against on the road against Rodgers, taking it every time. And as bad as Cousins played, his D and his running game had him in a position to be the winning QB and he muffed it.
So the penalty that wasn't a penalty, the 48 yard extra point miss, the missed field goal took away 8 points from the Vikings and none of it was Cousins' fault. I'd say he put them in position to win. He even had them knocking on the door at the end to boot. And yes it was the most horribad of throws.

Look, I can't say I enjoyed his play, but it wasn't as bad as you make it sound. He even threw for more yards than Erin despite us spotting GB 21 points.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Sep 17 4:48 pm

Did you see his QB rating?

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 252 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Steve MN » Tue Sep 17 6:56 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Tue Sep 17 4:48 pm
Did I hear 4?
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Sep 17 8:21 pm

team22tank wrote:
Tue Sep 17 3:46 pm
Handyman wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:

3/4 = 75% which is a C.

I never said Cousins doesnt deserve blame...never even implied it. Me saying the D wasnt great /= exonerating Cousins.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Sep 17 9:14 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Tue Sep 17 6:56 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Did I hear 4?
No

Master_Shake
Rookie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Master_Shake » Wed Sep 18 8:38 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fact is, if they suit up 50 year old Brett Favre who was in the building for Bart Starr day at QB they win that game.

minnhkyruls
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by minnhkyruls » Wed Sep 18 12:22 pm

Master_Shake wrote:
Wed Sep 18 8:38 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Fact is, if they suit up 50 year old Brett Favre who was in the building for Bart Starr day at QB they win that game.
Only if he has his CopperFit back support on!!!

00xtremeninja
Veteran

Post by 00xtremeninja » Thu Sep 19 7:54 am

Will they let him play in Wranglers too?

Greyeagle
Has liked: 785 times
Been liked: 578 times

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Sep 22 12:13 pm

Great opening drive!
Nice to see Kirk throw with confidence.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by JWG » Sun Sep 22 12:18 pm

Playing the Raiders can cure the ills for almost anyone.
JWG
[This space for rent]

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by gopherguy13 » Sun Sep 22 12:23 pm

Splitting your fullback out wide for a slant route seems... Odd.
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Sep 22 12:35 pm

As long as Viking O can say in a position to keep running the Raiders can’t stop us
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Sep 22 12:54 pm

2nd and goal from the 5 and you call a pass play/QB run? Did you not learn from last week? Keep handing it off
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 22 1:06 pm

gopherguy13 wrote:
Sun Sep 22 12:23 pm
Splitting your fullback out wide for a slant route seems... Odd.
He was a college RB for what it's worth.
If he catches that he may have housed it.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 22 1:13 pm

Kirk Cousins and his family were in line behind me at Qdoba on Friday. His dad was carrying his son and the kid was totally fascinated by the food on the grill. It was pretty entertaining.

When Kirk walked in I looked at him and said "dang that looks a lot like Cousins" and he walks up behind me and pulls his phone out of his pocket. He dropped it and said "Oh, fumble!"

I was doing my best not to stare at him to determine if it was him or not but once he started ordering his food it was obviously him, which made the "Oh, fumble!" line crack me up.

I decided not to fanboy out and ask for pictures or talk to him since his whole family was with him and they were clearly trying to have a family night. Some other people noticed he was there and went over and talked to him and shook his hand. He seemed really nice. Shook a couple hands, said hello to them etc. all with a big smile.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 173 times

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Sep 22 1:19 pm

You have got to be kidding be that he said that of all players
Sick of LOSERVILLE
106* big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

*Includes 19-20 NBA season

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 22 1:24 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Sep 22 1:19 pm
I told my buddies that I almost wish he hadn't said it because now it sounds like I made the story up. But he 100% said it. 😂😂

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Sep 22 2:29 pm

Attention Zimmer: might wanna double cover 83

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 166 times

Post by Karlsson » Sun Sep 22 2:29 pm

Welcome back, Daniel Carlson.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Sep 22 2:30 pm

I took a certain amount of pleasure in that "doink" off the post.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 22 2:36 pm

211 rushing yards today.
Dalvin Cook is good. Mattison looks like an awfully good backup. Mike Boone even broke off a nice run on this last drive.

Josh Kline did leave the game with a possible concussion. That would be bad news for next week if he's out @ Chicago.

eHo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by eHo » Sun Sep 22 2:37 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sun Sep 22 1:24 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Sep 22 1:19 pm
I told my buddies that I almost wish he hadn't said it because now it sounds like I made the story up. But he 100% said it. 😂😂
I believe it.

One of my sons saw him at TCO Stadium before the Shakopee/EP game Friday evening and he and his buddies yelled "You like that!" He yelled back, "Yeah, I Like that!". He was joking around with them after and took a selfie with my son and his buddies.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Sep 22 3:55 pm

Looks like after tomorrow the NFC North will be the only division where all four teams have at least two wins assuming Chicago wins.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Sun Sep 22 8:36 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Sep 22 3:55 pm
Looks like after tomorrow the NFC North will be the only division where all four teams have at least two wins assuming Chicago wins.
Chicago has looked like garbage so far compared to last year especially Trubisky. They should beat Washington but no gimmes.

Huge game for the Vikes next week. Win @ Chicago and start the season 3-1 with road games against GB & Chi out of the way.

The next four games after that @NYG, PHI, @Det, WAS.

Win next week and the tone is set for a big first half.

Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Mon Sep 23 3:50 pm

Can we please never have Mark Schlereth as a color commentator again? My God is he awful. Everybody who has watched Vontaze Burfict knows he's the dirtiest player in the NFL except for Schereth. Schlereth says Burfict "brings justice with him" on the field.

MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by MNNavy » Mon Sep 23 6:19 pm

Don Adams Wheel of Justice wrote:
Mon Sep 23 3:50 pm
Can we please never have Mark Schlereth as a color commentator again? My God is he awful. Everybody who has watched Vontaze Burfict knows he's the dirtiest player in the NFL except for Schereth. Schlereth says Burfict "brings justice with him" on the field.
Agreed, he's a horrible commentator. However, i did chuckle in the first quarter, when he referred to John Gruden as Chucky.
It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. - Thomas Sowell

MNNavy
Golden
Golden

Post by MNNavy » Tue Sep 24 10:59 am

It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. - Thomas Sowell

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Sep 24 5:53 pm

They also brought back Sherels.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Sep 24 6:17 pm

Surprised he caught on anywhere...

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Vegasgopher » Tue Sep 24 6:38 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Tue Sep 24 6:17 pm
Surprised he caught on anywhere...
I'd be careful how I used the word "catch" and him in the same sentence...lol

MNNavy
Golden
Golden

Post by MNNavy » Tue Sep 24 7:14 pm

Handyman wrote:
Tue Sep 24 5:53 pm
They also brought back Sherels.
That wasn't in the original story, but I saw that in an updated story.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Sep 24 8:02 pm

I kind of figured they would after New Orleans paid him his injury settlement. They need bodies in the defensive backfield and he is great on special teams.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Vegasgopher » Tue Sep 24 8:07 pm

Handyman wrote:
Tue Sep 24 8:02 pm
I kind of figured they would after New Orleans paid him his injury settlement. They need bodies in the defensive backfield and he is great on special teams.
I think he can return punts too??? I believe he did at the u and vikes

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue Sep 24 10:04 pm

You mean...special teams ;) :lol:

-Scooby 2/7/2017

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by gopher6 » Fri Sep 27 2:29 pm

Vikes to be in there home purple uniforms Sunday at the Bears

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Sun Sep 29 1:46 pm

Is it accurate the game is on CBS today? That is what my guide says and we have Dish.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 252 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Steve MN » Sun Sep 29 1:48 pm

team22tank wrote:
Sun Sep 29 1:46 pm
Is it accurate the game is on CBS today? That is what my guide says and we have Dish.
Yes. One of the national games that they flex between networks.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Sun Sep 29 1:53 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Sun Sep 29 1:48 pm
team22tank wrote:
Sun Sep 29 1:46 pm
Yes. One of the national games that they flex between networks.
Nice. Buys us a week

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Sep 29 3:59 pm

It may not have been offensive pass interference on the bears but since two Vikings were damn near tackled on the pass rush it seems like a wash to me.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sun Sep 29 4:04 pm

Our D couldnt cover Eden Prairie...Daniels is making us look stupid.

Just our luck Trubisky got hurt he is always the opponents best ally ;)

-Scooby 2/7/2017

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Sep 29 4:05 pm

Cousins and Vikes their typical selves against winning teams on road on national TV.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Sep 29 4:11 pm

We're so painful to watch on offense so often...
Sick of LOSERVILLE

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 29 4:12 pm

Chicago gives the Vikings a gift with a very stupid penalty.
Use it.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Sep 29 4:12 pm

So predictable.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Sep 29 4:13 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Sun Sep 29 3:59 pm
It may not have been offensive pass interference on the bears but since two Vikings were damn near tackled on the pass rush it seems like a wash to me.
If that wasn't offensive PI then just get rid of the penalty :lol:

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sun Sep 29 4:16 pm

The refs definitely know they are on national tv...

-Scooby 2/7/2017