Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4914
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 91 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Jul 24 5:02 pm

Beauner wrote:
Wed Jul 24 4:57 pm
Blake Parker has officially been DFA'd

User avatar
Butters Stotch
Rookie
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Oct 20 8:20 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Butters Stotch » Wed Jul 24 6:50 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Jul 24 5:02 pm
Beauner wrote:
Wed Jul 24 4:57 pm
Blake Parker has officially been DFA'd
Not a loss.

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9301
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 36 times
Age: 44

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by davescharf » Wed Jul 24 7:34 pm

Beauner wrote:
Wed Jul 24 4:57 pm
Blake Parker has officially been DFA'd
4th reliever in the last 11 days. You’d have to think the front office has a bunch of things cooking on the trade front at this point right?
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Wed Jul 24 7:42 pm

davescharf wrote:
Wed Jul 24 7:34 pm
Beauner wrote:
Wed Jul 24 4:57 pm
Blake Parker has officially been DFA'd
4th reliever in the last 11 days. You’d have to think the front office has a bunch of things cooking on the trade front at this point right?
Oh, totally.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4914
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 91 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Jul 24 7:53 pm

Jake Cave playing a Jake Cave centerfield tonight :wall:

Hopefully tomorrow I will read Buxton activated and Cave sent down.

User avatar
NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1522
Joined: Mon Jan 21 9:15 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Wed Jul 24 7:56 pm

Odorizzi is not looking great

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3063
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Norm » Wed Jul 24 8:48 pm

If your starter gives up 9 runs in 4 innings, might want to think about taking him out.

User avatar
Butters Stotch
Rookie
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Oct 20 8:20 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Butters Stotch » Wed Jul 24 9:07 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Wed Jul 24 7:56 pm
Odorizzi is not looking great
Odorizzi is reminding me of Parker. Good first half of season (Odorizzi was excellent) and faltering in the 2nd half with no hint of getting better. This team is in trouble right now because of their pitching.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Wed Jul 24 10:08 pm

Effing Jake Cave, man. Ugh.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Wed Jul 24 10:23 pm

Well $h!t.

Cleveland didn't lose today, so the lead will be down to two. Hopefully the White Sox cooperate and suck. I have my doubts.

User avatar
Kelor
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5747
Joined: Sat Feb 12 7:19 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Kelor » Wed Jul 24 10:39 pm

I picked the wrong game to go to.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Wed Jul 24 10:41 pm

Only upside to that one is that they only used 2 pitchers.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14033
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by streakygopher » Wed Jul 24 10:43 pm

"All star" Odor*** stunk the joint up so bad tonight...what 9 runs in 4 innings? Hell, the team spotted him 2 runs and he gets roughed up at the top of the next inning. Twins pitching give up 30 runs in 3 games. Just let that sink in. Twins can't win when they score 12 runs and 7 runs on back to back nights?

Granted, Yankees pitching wasn't all that great either, but it was good enough to best the Twins 2 out of 3 on the road.

Nice outing by Smeltzer...he deserved better.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6894
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 176 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Jul 24 10:48 pm

I would not have guessed it had been three years since the Yankees won a series at target field.

Does anyone sweat more than Aroldis?

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14151
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 80 times
Age: 51

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jul 25 7:56 am

Well, the Twins certainly don't need pitching as that idiot ScoobyDoo suggested the other day.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30327
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 119 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Thu Jul 25 8:00 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Thu Jul 25 7:56 am
Well, the Twins certainly don't need pitching as most anyone who is a fan suggested every day for the past month.
Fixed. :wink:
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14151
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 80 times
Age: 51

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jul 25 8:10 am

The Rube wrote:
Thu Jul 25 8:00 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Thu Jul 25 7:56 am
Well, the Twins certainly don't need pitching as most anyone who is a fan suggested every day for the past month.
Fixed. :wink:
Not true. I got ripped for even suggesting it a week ago. Had all these contrarian links posted.

Pitching help is going to be a lot more expensive now then it was a month ago.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28044
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 167 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Thu Jul 25 9:16 am

Not necessarily.
Teams that are looking to move guys are going to have to move them before the deadline. Meaning they will be willing to accept smaller returns just to get something.

The later teams wait to move, the more clearly teams are defining themselves as contenders or losers.

A month ago everyone was sure Washington would trade Scherzer. Washington is now 4 games out of first place in their division and in first place in the NL Wildcard race. The longer teams wait to make moves the more clearly their futures are defined and the better the odds that we'll see some good players go for cheap. Especially with the "waiver trade" getting axed.
Hell, the Giants were a sure thing to be sellers 3 weeks ago. They've won 16 out of 19 games. If they cool off again over the next few days they'll try to dump guys at the last minute, which means the asking price should be lower.
Last edited by Beauner on Thu Jul 25 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5306
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Threadu

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Jul 25 9:55 am

These past 7 games have proved in spades the Twins are a strong team...going blow for blow with the A’s & the Bronx Bombers...but they need HELP to win the division and possibly make noise in the playoffs. Now it’s up to Falvine & Jim Pohlad 💰to trade for a couple QUALITY arms to get them over the hump...we will know by Aug. 1st whether “these gentlemen” are truely committed to winning in 2019....or the same old crap from the past decade ☝️

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2387
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Maize » Thu Jul 25 10:59 am

Beauner wrote:
Thu Jul 25 9:16 am


A month ago everyone was sure Washington would trade Scherzer. Washington is now 4 games out of first place in their division and in first place in the NL Wildcard race.
Apropos of nothing, but the Nationals are 17-6 since they signed Fernando Rodney.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Thu Jul 25 11:07 am

Great. Now Fernando is stuck in my head.

mnpuckguy
Rookie
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Feb 05 12:46 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Been liked: 1 time
Age: 69

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by mnpuckguy » Thu Jul 25 1:13 pm

Don’t count on any big deals for pitching help. They’re not to give up what it takes to get anyone decent.. They will be bargain basement shoppers once again!

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Thu Jul 25 8:11 pm

Boomstick came to play.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18782
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 257 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Greyeagle » Thu Jul 25 9:04 pm

Hi from The X.
God bless the Chicago White Sox.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Thu Jul 25 9:31 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Thu Jul 25 9:04 pm
Hi from The X.
God bless the Chicago White Sox.
No kidding. Four errors in six innings? Yikes.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Thu Jul 25 10:19 pm

Indians-Royals going to extras.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6894
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 176 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Jul 26 12:09 am

And the Indians won in 14.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Fri Jul 26 6:19 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Jul 26 12:09 am
And the Indians won in 14.
Rat farts!

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28044
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 167 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Fri Jul 26 8:17 am

Sources are saying the Twins are interested in Noah Syndergaard and have contacted the Mets.

They are also saying the Mets are asking for Kiriloff and Royce Lewis.

Yeesh.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Fri Jul 26 8:24 am

Beauner wrote:
Fri Jul 26 8:17 am
Sources are saying the Twins are interested in Noah Syndergaard and have contacted the Mets.

They are also saying the Mets are asking for Kiriloff and Royce Lewis.

Yeesh.
Yeah. I don't like that.

User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Jul 29 12:50 pm
Location: NW Metro
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 18 times
Age: 48

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Fri Jul 26 9:48 am

Karlsson wrote:
Fri Jul 26 8:24 am
Beauner wrote:
Fri Jul 26 8:17 am
Sources are saying the Twins are interested in Noah Syndergaard and have contacted the Mets.

They are also saying the Mets are asking for Kiriloff and Royce Lewis.

Yeesh.
Yeah. I don't like that.
I'd give them Wander Javier and Luke Raley in a minute but they would be nuts to consider giving up their top two prospects for Syndergaard.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5306
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Jul 26 9:56 am

Falvine are compensated well to figure out a move or two. And alert the media (Lindbergh Baby esqe ) you have to GIVE something to GET something. Hopefully they don’t just sit on their hands 😳

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4390
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 31 times
Age: 60

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Chris83 » Fri Jul 26 10:08 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Fri Jul 26 9:56 am
Falvine are compensated well to figure out a move or two. And alert the media (Lindbergh Baby esqe ) you have to GIVE something to GET something. Hopefully they don’t just sit on their hands 😳
It would be great to see them be able to make a move. That said, this isn't a team at the stage where they need to desperately go "all in". If they can make a trade that brings them help not only for the balance of 2019, but seasons beyond and the cost isn't ridiculously high, terrific. A couple top prospects for Syndergaard? No thanks.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8702
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 50 times
Age: 47

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Steve MN » Fri Jul 26 1:40 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Fri Jul 26 10:08 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Fri Jul 26 9:56 am
Falvine are compensated well to figure out a move or two. And alert the media (Lindbergh Baby esqe ) you have to GIVE something to GET something. Hopefully they don’t just sit on their hands 😳
It would be great to see them be able to make a move. That said, this isn't a team at the stage where they need to desperately go "all in". If they can make a trade that brings them help not only for the balance of 2019, but seasons beyond and the cost isn't ridiculously high, terrific. A couple top prospects for Syndergaard? No thanks.
Kiriloff OR Lewis plus another good prospect, probably. Both Lewis AND Kiriloff though? No thanks.

Or Lewis and Kiriloff for Syndergaard plus a couple good relievers from their current bullpen, maybe.
:BDTR:

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6894
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 176 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Jul 26 8:57 pm

Wish I could see the game.....:/

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3063
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Norm » Fri Jul 26 9:10 pm

No Twins on Dish. I suppose FSN figures there's a lot of interest in the Twins, now's a good time to jack up the price.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28044
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 167 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Fri Jul 26 9:46 pm

Norm wrote:
Fri Jul 26 9:10 pm
No Twins on Dish. I suppose FSN figures there's a lot of interest in the Twins, now's a good time to jack up the price.
I believe there are a lot of Fox Sports regional channels that are in the same boat.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 6987
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Bigbeer » Fri Jul 26 10:18 pm

Norm wrote:
Fri Jul 26 9:10 pm
No Twins on Dish. I suppose FSN figures there's a lot of interest in the Twins, now's a good time to jack up the price.
I doubt how well whatever team happens to be season is a factor. They probably need to renew their contract and Dish is always willing to drop a channel to negotiate. I guess that’s why they are always the cheapest but not worth it to me. I gave up on Dish more than a few years ago when they dropped FSN during Gopher Hockey season...deal breaker.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 6987
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Bigbeer » Fri Jul 26 10:19 pm

Nelson Cruz with 7 home runs in the last 5 games. This team seems to continue to have different players step up throughout the season.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28044
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 167 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Jul 27 10:06 am

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3063
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Norm » Sat Jul 27 11:13 am

Bigbeer wrote:
Fri Jul 26 10:18 pm
Norm wrote:
Fri Jul 26 9:10 pm
No Twins on Dish. I suppose FSN figures there's a lot of interest in the Twins, now's a good time to jack up the price.
I doubt how well whatever team happens to be season is a factor. They probably need to renew their contract and Dish is always willing to drop a channel to negotiate. I guess that’s why they are always the cheapest but not worth it to me. I gave up on Dish more than a few years ago when they dropped FSN during Gopher Hockey season...deal breaker.
I said that to my wife last night. I can live without the Twins for a couple of weeks. If this happens during Gopher Hockey, that's a whole different thing.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28044
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 167 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Jul 27 7:38 pm



I like this move. He's a tough guy to square up (one of the best pitchers in baseball in "hard hit percentage" this season -- I think I read top 2% in the league). He had a terrible month of April and has been a stud since.

And he likely comes pretty cheap.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3742
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 38 times
Age: 60

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Composer » Sat Jul 27 8:01 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sat Jul 27 7:38 pm


I like this move. He's a tough guy to square up (one of the best pitchers in baseball in "hard hit percentage" this season -- I think I read top 2% in the league). He had a terrible month of April and has been a stud since.

And he likely comes pretty cheap.
Lewin Diaz cheap.

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5134
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 30 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Snowcool08 » Sat Jul 27 8:08 pm

I have Romo on my fantasy team. What opportunities he has gotten for a save, he comes through. Gives the Twins a solid option at the end of the game.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28044
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 167 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Jul 27 8:13 pm

So the Twins send Lewin Diaz (ranked between 25-30, depending on which report you read, in the Twins farm system) to Miami for Romo, minor league pitcher Chris Vallimont (#22-25 in the Marlins system) and a PTBNL (or cash).

Vallimont has 142 Ks in 134 innings pitched as a pro. Sits 92-96mph with a mid-80s slider, a hard curveball and changeup.
Touched as high as 98mph in college. Was a 5th round pick two years ago out of D2 Mercyhurst.

Reports are he struggles at times with command. This could be an absolute robbery for the Twins if they get what Romo has offered Miami for the rest of the year and the minor league staff can get Vallimont better like they've done for virtually every other pitcher in the organization.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Gopherguy05
Veteran
Posts: 4804
Joined: Fri Dec 01 8:52 pm
Location: West St. Paul
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times
Age: 37

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Gopherguy05 » Sat Jul 27 8:15 pm

Here is a report on Vaiiimont.

Sounds promising

As well all know, teams cycle through many, many arms in any given year so depth is incredibly important and the ability to find arms deeper in a draft is always key to any team’s success in building a reliable farm system. And the Marlins don’t have a great system so Vallimont could be a real find. He played at a smaller college where he produced excellent strikeout numbers. That swing-and-miss success has continued into his pro career and he currently has 61 strikeouts over 53.1 innings in Low-A ball. There are a couple of other former college pitchers that are doing well in Low-A but they also played against better competition on a regular basis as amateurs and should be further along in their development. Vallimont is still just scratching the surface of his potential and stands 6-5 but still looks skinny at 220 pounds. He can get into the mid-90s with his heater and backs it up with a very good excellent breaking ball. His delivery is easy and loosen; there could be more velocity to come as he fills out.

User avatar
F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1871
Joined: Wed Feb 16 11:09 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by F Da Sue » Sat Jul 27 9:13 pm

Cleveland 1 game back.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30327
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 119 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Sat Jul 27 9:45 pm

F Da Sue wrote:
Sat Jul 27 9:13 pm
Cleveland 1 game back.
Half of the Twins fans:
Image
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3371
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by HockeyBum » Sun Jul 28 10:19 am

Indians are 12-4 since the break, and 2 of those losses were against the Twins. Cleveland has been playing terrible teams, but that's still impressive.

The Twins didn't help themselves by losing both games to the Mets in the last homestand.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5306
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Jul 28 1:47 pm

Sano with a 3 run Dinger just inside the right foul pole. Thing of beauty. Sano is making anybody who “seriously” wanted the Twins to trade him a couple months ago...look like utter MORONS ☝️

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by gopher6 » Sun Jul 28 2:32 pm

9-0 Twinkies

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Sun Jul 28 4:26 pm

Cleveland lost. Lead back to two.

There's going to be a lot of this.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28044
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 167 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sun Jul 28 5:31 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Sun Jul 28 4:26 pm
Cleveland lost. Lead back to two.

There's going to be a lot of this.
Cleveland has a murderer's row of teams on the schedule for the next month or so. I'd expect to see them be .500 over the next 20ish games. If the Twins handle their business the lead should be 6-7 games again by this time next month.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6894
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 176 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Jul 28 6:05 pm

We still have ten with Cleveland. Those games will be pretty important in this race I would imagine.

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2229
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by D2D » Sun Jul 28 8:34 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Jul 28 6:05 pm
We still have ten with Cleveland. Those games will be pretty important in this race I would imagine.
Classic understatement, or we can only hope that the race is pretty much decided before the final head-to-head games between the two teams are played. Then again, there's something to be said for the final series or two to be pressure-packed, critical must-win games entering the playoffs.

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 20 times
Age: 34

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Laxref » Sun Jul 28 10:50 pm

D2D wrote:
Sun Jul 28 8:34 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Jul 28 6:05 pm
We still have ten with Cleveland. Those games will be pretty important in this race I would imagine.
Classic understatement, or we can only hope that the race is pretty much decided before the final head-to-head games between the two teams are played. Then again, there's something to be said for the final series or two to be pressure-packed, critical must-win games entering the playoffs.
You would rather be playing those pressure-packed games instead of having the luxury of setting your rotation and resting guys who need it?? I’m not saying you’re wrong, I don’t know what the right answer is, kinda the college hockey version of would you rather have to make some noise in conf tourney to make ncaas or would you rather have the final few weekends of season to rest and prep.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7360
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Jul 29 8:16 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Jul 28 1:47 pm
Sano with a 3 run Dinger just inside the right foul pole. Thing of beauty. Sano is making anybody who “seriously” wanted the Twins to trade him a couple months ago...look like utter MORONS ☝️
Nailed it. He's missed half the games and strikes out half of the time, one homer that sneaks around the foul pole = redemption. Give him whatever he wants and smile as you do it. :dance:

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28044
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 167 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Mon Jul 29 8:24 am

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5306
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Jul 29 9:37 am

Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Jul 29 8:16 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Jul 28 1:47 pm
Sano with a 3 run Dinger just inside the right foul pole. Thing of beauty. Sano is making anybody who “seriously” wanted the Twins to trade him a couple months ago...look like utter MORONS ☝️
a

Nailed it. He's missed half the games and strikes out half of the time, one homer that sneaks around the foul pole = redemption. Give him whatever he wants and smile as you do it. :dance:
He’s done a hell of a lot more than just that (at bat). But Much Thanks...for responding on behalf of the “serious” MORONS 😉😂☝️

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18782
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 257 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Jul 29 9:53 am

Beauner wrote:
Mon Jul 29 8:24 am
What....you don't like Buxton bunting for a base hit so Kepler can sacrifice him to second? :lol:
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7360
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Jul 29 10:19 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jul 29 9:37 am
Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Jul 29 8:16 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Jul 28 1:47 pm
Sano with a 3 run Dinger just inside the right foul pole. Thing of beauty. Sano is making anybody who “seriously” wanted the Twins to trade him a couple months ago...look like utter MORONS ☝️
a

Nailed it. He's missed half the games and strikes out half of the time, one homer that sneaks around the foul pole = redemption. Give him whatever he wants and smile as you do it. :dance:
He’s done a hell of a lot more than just that (at bat). But Much Thanks...for responding on behalf of the “serious” MORONS 😉😂☝️
Question 1:
Are just the hot takes capitalized?

Question 2:
Is the fear of trading him more a fear of losing Ortiz all over again?

I’d trade him for pitching, but that’s me.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14033
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by streakygopher » Mon Jul 29 10:30 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jul 29 9:37 am
Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Jul 29 8:16 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Jul 28 1:47 pm
Sano with a 3 run Dinger just inside the right foul pole. Thing of beauty. Sano is making anybody who “seriously” wanted the Twins to trade him a couple months ago...look like utter MORONS ☝️
a

Nailed it. He's missed half the games and strikes out half of the time, one homer that sneaks around the foul pole = redemption. Give him whatever he wants and smile as you do it. :dance:
He’s done a hell of a lot more than just that (at bat). But Much Thanks...for responding on behalf of the “serious” MORONS 😉😂☝️
When Sano was struggling, he wasn't even making contact, let alone putting the ball in play. These past dozen games or so he's looked much better. In this line up opposing teams can't pitch around him, so they nibble around the strike zone just off the plate. Sano has taken some key walks on close pitches. The more a big man shows he can walk, the better pitching he'll see later in the game.

Sano and Buxton are two guys in particular who have really struggled with the down-and-away funny stuff, but they have both improved. Schoop should be taking notes, because that's his Kryptonite, too.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8702
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 50 times
Age: 47

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Steve MN » Mon Jul 29 10:32 am

Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Jul 29 10:19 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jul 29 9:37 am
Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Jul 29 8:16 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Jul 28 1:47 pm
Sano with a 3 run Dinger just inside the right foul pole. Thing of beauty. Sano is making anybody who “seriously” wanted the Twins to trade him a couple months ago...look like utter MORONS ☝️
a

Nailed it. He's missed half the games and strikes out half of the time, one homer that sneaks around the foul pole = redemption. Give him whatever he wants and smile as you do it. :dance:
He’s done a hell of a lot more than just that (at bat). But Much Thanks...for responding on behalf of the “serious” MORONS 😉😂☝️
Question 1:
Are just the hot takes capitalized?

Question 2:
Is the fear of trading him more a fear of losing Ortiz all over again?

I’d trade him for pitching, but that’s me.
That would be REALLY dependent on the pitching in question, what the contracts look like, etc. Not saying you're wrong, but certainly wouldn't trade for a rent-a-player.
:BDTR:

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28044
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 167 times
Age: 31

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Mon Jul 29 11:17 am

His 18 HRs so far this year are good for 13th of all 3B in baseball. Every single player on the list ahead if him has, at minimum, 140 more at bats than him. His .905 OPS is good for 5th best among all 3B. His slugging percentage is good for 2nd among all 3B.

And despite, as mentioned earlier, missing half the games, he's still #12 in WAR already.

Oh, and he's still under team control. And just turned 26 years old.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7360
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Jul 29 12:12 pm

Sano has brought his value back up, which is why you can make a strong case to trade him now. Unless this hand injury is more serious than I’m hearing. Nobody is saying he’s awful and to unload him for a sack of cats. His history is what it is, he might overcome the weight problems and seemingly endless injuries,sure. I’d just see what I could get for him to fill a bigger need.

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5134
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 30 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Snowcool08 » Mon Jul 29 12:24 pm

Do not trade Sano. He’s 26 and about to hit his best years. It finally feels like he’s with a coaching staff who understands him and can work with him and he’s listening. Don’t even think about it.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9764
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 135 times
Age: 44

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Jul 29 2:05 pm

Sano has a similar BA to Buxton with a higher slugging percentage and yet so many people LOVE Buxton and thinks Sano SUCKS.


Weird people.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7360
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Jul 29 2:35 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Jul 29 2:05 pm
Sano has a similar BA to Buxton with a higher slugging percentage and yet so many people LOVE Buxton and thinks Sano SUCKS.


Weird people.
I don’t know how you could love either, honestly. I admire Buxton’s moxie, but both these guys are out of the lineup way too often for my comfort. Maybe that’s unfair, but I don’t count on either going into a season anymore. Hopefully that changes in the future, we’ll see.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5306
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Jul 29 3:13 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Jul 29 2:35 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Jul 29 2:05 pm
Sano has a similar BA to Buxton with a higher slugging percentage and yet so many people LOVE Buxton and thinks Sano SUCKS.


Weird people.
I don’t know how you could love either, honestly. I admire Buxton’s moxie, but both these guys are out of the lineup way too often for my comfort. Maybe that’s unfair, but I don’t count on either going into a season anymore. Hopefully that changes in the future, we’ll see.
Don’t you have another team to...eh worry about/cheer for...like the Cardinals 😉😳

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7360
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Jul 29 3:19 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jul 29 3:13 pm
Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Jul 29 2:35 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Jul 29 2:05 pm
Sano has a similar BA to Buxton with a higher slugging percentage and yet so many people LOVE Buxton and thinks Sano SUCKS.


Weird people.
I don’t know how you could love either, honestly. I admire Buxton’s moxie, but both these guys are out of the lineup way too often for my comfort. Maybe that’s unfair, but I don’t count on either going into a season anymore. Hopefully that changes in the future, we’ll see.
Don’t you have another team to...eh worry about/cheer for...like the Cardinals 😉😳
Says the Bulldog fan on the Gopher site. 😀

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5306
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Jul 29 3:22 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Jul 29 3:19 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jul 29 3:13 pm
Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Jul 29 2:35 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Jul 29 2:05 pm
Sano has a similar BA to Buxton with a higher slugging percentage and yet so many people LOVE Buxton and thinks Sano SUCKS.


Weird people.
I don’t know how you could love either, honestly. I admire Buxton’s moxie, but both these guys are out of the lineup way too often for my comfort. Maybe that’s unfair, but I don’t count on either going into a season anymore. Hopefully that changes in the future, we’ll see.
Don’t you have another team to...eh worry about/cheer for...like the Cardinals 😉😳
Says the Bulldog fan on the Gopher site. 😀
I root for the Gophers...except when they play tDogs 😉 So you’re sayin you’re a Twins fan?

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7360
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Jul 29 5:37 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jul 29 3:22 pm
Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Jul 29 3:19 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jul 29 3:13 pm
Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Jul 29 2:35 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Jul 29 2:05 pm
Sano has a similar BA to Buxton with a higher slugging percentage and yet so many people LOVE Buxton and thinks Sano SUCKS.


Weird people.
I don’t know how you could love either, honestly. I admire Buxton’s moxie, but both these guys are out of the lineup way too often for my comfort. Maybe that’s unfair, but I don’t count on either going into a season anymore. Hopefully that changes in the future, we’ll see.
Don’t you have another team to...eh worry about/cheer for...like the Cardinals 😉😳
Says the Bulldog fan on the Gopher site. 😀
I root for the Gophers...except when they play tDogs 😉 So you’re sayin you’re a Twins fan?
Since the Cubs traded Buckner and Kirby got the call up.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9764
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 135 times
Age: 44

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Jul 29 6:53 pm

Difficult for me to link on my phone but Gleeman tweeted that Sano’s current slugging percentage (0.579) would be 2nd highest slugging percentage for Twins 3rd baseman ever. Harmon Killebrew had a higher SLG% just once 0.584.

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3742
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 38 times
Age: 60

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Composer » Mon Jul 29 7:21 pm

Yea, so? But don't 'cha know? ... He sucks!!!! :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18782
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 257 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Jul 29 8:08 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Jul 29 6:53 pm
Difficult for me to link on my phone but Gleeman tweeted that Sano’s current slugging percentage (0.579) would be 2nd highest slugging percentage for Twins 3rd baseman ever. Harmon Killebrew had a higher SLG% just once 0.584.


Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Post Reply