Page 218 of 247

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 02 10:59 pm
by Cowgirl
Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Jul 02 9:36 pm
Was anybody else mildly creeped out by that Fanny pack giveaway commercial?
I just saw it again, and it sounds like the voice in the background is saying “fake boobies”. :lol:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 02 11:01 pm
by The Rube
Related, but off topic: unless it's for medical reasons, fake boobies suck.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 02 11:04 pm
by Cowgirl
“Relentless percussion” says Dick.

And a phenomenal throw out at home from right field!

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 12:12 am
by Karlsson
Magill went back to Magilling.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 12:27 am
by Karlsson
Where the eff was this Grossman/Herrmann/Hendriks on the Twins? Figures.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 12:33 am
by streakygopher
Probably don't win too many games giving up a grand slam...5-5 in past ten games coming into this week against two teams on the upswing, the A's and the Indians. Rough start tonight, and frankly they've looked pretty beatable lately. Seems like when they're hitting they're not pitching and when they're pitching they aren't scoring runs.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 6:39 am
by frozen4champs
Odorizzi placed on IL with a blister.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 12:49 pm
by Composer
When David Ortiz played for the Twins, he was my kids' favorite player. But, he would go weeks doing nothing, striking out, killing rallies. Then he would go a week being Big Papi. Then back to the old David Ortiz. It is extremely unlikely that Sano (or anyone) is going to turn into a Big Papi, but anybody who has been calling to give up on Sano has no business faulting the Twins for letting David Ortiz get away.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 3:45 pm
by frozen4champs
Berrios named to All-Star team. He will replace Odorizzi.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 9:53 pm
by The Rube
Composer wrote:
Wed Jul 03 12:49 pm
When David Ortiz played for the Twins, he was my kids' favorite player. But, he would go weeks doing nothing, striking out, killing rallies. Then he would go a week being Big Papi. Then back to the old David Ortiz. It is extremely unlikely that Sano (or anyone) is going to turn into a Big Papi, but anybody who has been calling to give up on Sano has no business faulting the Twins for letting David Ortiz get away.
Part of Big Papi's issues were with turf, and also the massive difference between the right field walls in MN and BOS.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 10:13 pm
by Beauner
The Rube wrote:
Wed Jul 03 9:53 pm
Composer wrote:
Wed Jul 03 12:49 pm
When David Ortiz played for the Twins, he was my kids' favorite player. But, he would go weeks doing nothing, striking out, killing rallies. Then he would go a week being Big Papi. Then back to the old David Ortiz. It is extremely unlikely that Sano (or anyone) is going to turn into a Big Papi, but anybody who has been calling to give up on Sano has no business faulting the Twins for letting David Ortiz get away.
Part of Big Papi's issues were with turf, and also the massive difference between the right field walls in MN and BOS.
Not really. The big issues with Big Papi were that he only had one healthy season here. He had a very good season one year.

He got to Boston and stayed healthy and they stopped trying to drill the "go the other way" thing in and let him swing for power. Boston's field played well into his strengths (and the fact that he could occasionally actually hit the ball off the green monster in left helped).

People love to act like Papi had a massive line out the door for his service when he left MN. He was signed to be the 3rd string DH in Boston. I remember reading something that he was talking to Japanese teams about going to play over there because he wasn't getting many offers in MLB.

That said, Sano is 26 and is starting to get things back together. He was an all-star at 24 and has all the ability in the world. If he keeps up with the changes he and Rudy and Rowson have been working on, he'll have a good second half of the season. He'll strike out a lot but he's a decent 3B defensively and offensively he can be one of the most impactful bats in any lineup.
It would be dumb, IMO, to give up on him right now.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 10:18 pm
by The Rube
Beauner wrote:
Wed Jul 03 10:13 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Jul 03 9:53 pm
Composer wrote:
Wed Jul 03 12:49 pm
When David Ortiz played for the Twins, he was my kids' favorite player. But, he would go weeks doing nothing, striking out, killing rallies. Then he would go a week being Big Papi. Then back to the old David Ortiz. It is extremely unlikely that Sano (or anyone) is going to turn into a Big Papi, but anybody who has been calling to give up on Sano has no business faulting the Twins for letting David Ortiz get away.
Part of Big Papi's issues were with turf, and also the massive difference between the right field walls in MN and BOS.
Not really. The big issues with Big Papi were that he only had one healthy season here. He had a very good season one year.

He got to Boston and stayed healthy and they stopped trying to drill the "go the other way" thing in and let him swing for power. Boston's field played well into his strengths (and the fact that he could occasionally actually hit the ball off the green monster in left helped).

People love to act like Papi had a massive line out the door for his service when he left MN. He was signed to be the 3rd string DH in Boston. I remember reading something that he was talking to Japanese teams about going to play over there because he wasn't getting many offers in MLB.
That is part of my point.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 10:31 pm
by maroon_and_gold
Tough pitch but you gotta get that bunt down. Literally anywhere fair, hell even foul.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 10:54 pm
by Cowgirl
The outfielder has a face warmer on. Only in California. It’s 60 degrees out!

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 11:18 pm
by bearpaw28
Beauner wrote:
Wed Jul 03 10:13 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Jul 03 9:53 pm
Composer wrote:
Wed Jul 03 12:49 pm
When David Ortiz played for the Twins, he was my kids' favorite player. But, he would go weeks doing nothing, striking out, killing rallies. Then he would go a week being Big Papi. Then back to the old David Ortiz. It is extremely unlikely that Sano (or anyone) is going to turn into a Big Papi, but anybody who has been calling to give up on Sano has no business faulting the Twins for letting David Ortiz get away.
Part of Big Papi's issues were with turf, and also the massive difference between the right field walls in MN and BOS.
Not really. The big issues with Big Papi were that he only had one healthy season here. He had a very good season one year.

He got to Boston and stayed healthy and they stopped trying to drill the "go the other way" thing in and let him swing for power

That said, Sano is 26 and is starting to get things back together. He was an all-star at 24 and has all the ability in the world. If he keeps up with the changes he and Rudy and Rowson have been working on, he'll have a good second half of the season. He'll strike out a lot but he's a decent 3B defensively and offensively he can be one of the most impactful bats in any lineup.
It would be dumb, IMO, to give up on him right now.
Agree 100% regarding Sano. ⚾️

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 11:40 pm
by Karlsson
Parker blowing it. Again.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 11:50 pm
by Karlsson
Karlsson wrote:
Wed Jul 03 11:40 pm
Parker blowing it. Again.
Well look at that. Manages to pitch around the two walks to leadoff the inning. Sano with a couple nice defensive plays.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 03 11:51 pm
by Cowgirl
How many innings do we get tonight/tomorrow morning?!

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 12:15 am
by Beauner
Karlsson wrote:
Wed Jul 03 11:50 pm
Karlsson wrote:
Wed Jul 03 11:40 pm
Parker blowing it. Again.
Well look at that. Manages to pitch around the two walks to leadoff the inning. Sano with a couple nice defensive plays.
I so rarely have seen umpires call runners out for being out of the baseline (and it's basically only on guys running to 1B when they run inside the line on bunts/tappers in front of the plate).
I have no idea how they didn't call the runner out of the baseline on that first ball to Sano. I went back and re-watched it and paused it. He's a solid 3 feet into the grass on the infield trying to avoid a tag from Sano. If that isn't out of the baseline, what the hell is?

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 12:18 am
by Cowgirl
Ump wasn’t paying attention I guess (or didn’t care) and it’s not a reviewable play per the tv broadcasters.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 12:30 am
by Karlsson
Buxton's speed never ceases to amaze.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 12:41 am
by Karlsson
Come on! Another error.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 12:48 am
by Cowgirl
I really want us to win, I’m almost done with my bottle of wine. It would be a shame if I had to open another one. 😆

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 12:50 am
by The Rube
Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Jul 04 12:48 am
I really want us to win, I’m almost done with my bottle of wine. It would be a shame if I had to open another one. 😆
Lush.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 12:51 am
by Handyman
Still havent lost 3 in a row :)

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 12:52 am
by Cowgirl
Well, that was the best outcome for both the Twins and I. :mrgreen:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 12:53 am
by Karlsson
Whew. Nice comeback win. They'll be tired for the next 4 weeks now, though. Even with the all star break.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 12:54 am
by Jane Fonda
Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Jul 03 10:54 pm
The outfielder has a face warmer on. Only in California. It’s 60 degrees out!
f*** pansy

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 2:39 pm
by Jane Fonda
Twins just outrighted some guy I hadn't heard of. Opening a spot on the 40-man. Speculation is that a trade is imminent.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 2:45 pm
by Karlsson
Jane Fonda wrote:
Thu Jul 04 2:39 pm
Twins just outrighted some guy I hadn't heard of. Opening a spot on the 40-man. Speculation is that a trade is imminent.
Someone across the bay, perhaps?

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 3:01 pm
by Jane Fonda
Karlsson wrote:
Thu Jul 04 2:45 pm
Jane Fonda wrote:
Thu Jul 04 2:39 pm
Twins just outrighted some guy I hadn't heard of. Opening a spot on the 40-man. Speculation is that a trade is imminent.
Someone across the bay, perhaps?
It sure would be convenient.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 4:25 pm
by Beauner
Jane Fonda wrote:
Thu Jul 04 2:39 pm
Twins just outrighted some guy I hadn't heard of. Opening a spot on the 40-man. Speculation is that a trade is imminent.
Andrew Vasquez is the LHP that had people calling for Baldelli's head back in early May when he entered a close game.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 5:06 pm
by Handyman
Berrios couldnt get me out right now. He is having all sorts of problems.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 5:11 pm
by Handyman
Well he got out of a bases loaded no out jam only giving up a run. Way to battle but he doesnt look super confident right now.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 6:12 pm
by Cowgirl
Damn.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 6:15 pm
by Beauner
Rough inning for Morin.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 6:18 pm
by Cowgirl
We can hit six straight home runs, right?

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Thu Jul 04 6:22 pm
by bearpaw28
Beauner wrote:
Thu Jul 04 6:15 pm
Rough inning for Morin.
Are Twins done with A’s yet?
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3652dcad-e ... 6ebb78f94b

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05 8:55 pm
by Greyeagle
Whoa...Arraez has a quick bat.
2-0 Good Guys

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05 9:00 pm
by Beauner
Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Jul 05 8:55 pm
Whoa...Arraez has a quick bat.
2-0 Good Guys
Big fan of that kid. If Schoop goes elsewhere next season he would be a great fit. He sure knows how to hit.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05 9:00 pm
by Cowgirl
Hitting is contagious. Just like that 6-0!

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05 9:01 pm
by Beauner
6 runs in the second inning! Arraez with a bomba, Schoop with a double, Buxton with a double, Kepler with a single, then Polanco with a bomba.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05 9:12 pm
by Greyeagle
Polanco! What a twist. :shock:

EDIT
:shock:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05 9:59 pm
by Beauner
Holy Schoop 😳

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05 10:35 pm
by Cowgirl
Well that escalated quickly.

Edit: the Twins came back quickly with a good answer.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05 11:14 pm
by Beauner
Here are the bats that they've been missing the last week or so.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 05 11:16 pm
by The Rube
Most importantly, they responded to the bad streak. They rebounded.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 10:11 am
by Greyeagle
Cron to the injured list. :shock:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 2:44 pm
by Karlsson
Good to see Pineda dealing. He's got that slider working today.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 3:15 pm
by Greyeagle
Just another typical Sano stand up triple.


Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 4:07 pm
by The Rube
Seriously, WTF Duffey? Sick of his sh*.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 4:08 pm
by Beauner
The Twins now have as many HRs this season as they did all of last year.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 4:11 pm
by Beauner
The Rube wrote:
Sat Jul 06 4:07 pm
Seriously, WTF Duffey? Sick of his sh*.
Sick of his $h!t?
He'd given up 4 earned runs in his previous 20 IP.
I'll take that.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 4:11 pm
by frozen4champs
Props to the Twins game operations. They are very clever with the songs they play after an oppenent strikes out etc. Today they played the Sugarland song with the words" Joey, I'm so sorry" after Joey Gallo strikes out. Well done.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 4:13 pm
by Butters Stotch
Laudner is such a dumbass.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 4:15 pm
by The Rube
Beauner wrote:
Sat Jul 06 4:11 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sat Jul 06 4:07 pm
Seriously, WTF Duffey? Sick of his sh*.
Sick of his $h!t?
He'd given up 4 earned runs in his previous 20 IP.
I'll take that.
It just seems he happens to give up runs at the worst time. Honest question....those previous IP....when were those runs given up? 5-0 today was a comfortable lead, but hey, here comes Duffey! And now it's a game.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 4:23 pm
by Karlsson
Butters Stotch wrote:
Sat Jul 06 4:13 pm
Laudner is such a dumbass.
Yes.

Rogers was awesome. 7 out save. Hope it continues.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 4:26 pm
by Handyman
56 wins so far...these guys are just so meh!

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 4:30 pm
by frozen4champs
Handyman wrote:
Sat Jul 06 4:26 pm
56 wins so far...these guys are just so meh!
Fire Rocco.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 4:48 pm
by Snowcool08
The Rube wrote:
Sat Jul 06 4:15 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sat Jul 06 4:11 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sat Jul 06 4:07 pm
Seriously, WTF Duffey? Sick of his sh*.
Sick of his $h!t?
He'd given up 4 earned runs in his previous 20 IP.
I'll take that.
It just seems he happens to give up runs at the worst time. Honest question....those previous IP....when were those runs given up? 5-0 today was a comfortable lead, but hey, here comes Duffey! And now it's a game.
So of those previous 20 innings, none of those were considered the worst time? He’s been very solid this year. Not an All-Star, but serviceable for the role he has been put in and much improved from last year. Picking a small sample size of where you remember him sucking isn’t quality analysis.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 5:28 pm
by Beauner
The Rube wrote:
Sat Jul 06 4:15 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sat Jul 06 4:11 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sat Jul 06 4:07 pm
Seriously, WTF Duffey? Sick of his sh*.
Sick of his $h!t?
He'd given up 4 earned runs in his previous 20 IP.
I'll take that.
It just seems he happens to give up runs at the worst time. Honest question....those previous IP....when were those runs given up? 5-0 today was a comfortable lead, but hey, here comes Duffey! And now it's a game.
Well Pineda have up a run so it was 5-1 when Duffman came in.
He gave up one last night, 2 against Chicago, and one on June 5. Before that the last earned run he gave up was May 16.

I'm not sure I would have gone with Duffey today after he pitched last night but he's largely been a stud this season.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 5:42 pm
by Bertogliat
Serious question, if MLB juiced the ball to increase homeruns, should we still care about PEDs? Are Bonds, Sosa, and McGuire’s number that offensive any more when the MN Twins can jack a years worth of HRs by the All Star Break?


Do we have to put an asterisk on everyone’s HRs now?

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 6:40 pm
by Slap Shot
Everyone is playing with the same ball and this isn't the first juiced ball era. But all players were not juiced when Bonds, Sosa and McGwire were doing their thing.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 6:56 pm
by Composer
There was talk a couple years about juiced balls. MLB hired a physicist to examine an he didn’t find a difference. Another physicist took it upon herself to investigate and found a very subtle difference that caused the change. She discussed her investigation on a Star Talk podcast, link is here. It’s an interesting listen.

[url]/https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/s ... 699803[url]

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 6:57 pm
by Handyman
Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Jul 06 6:40 pm
Everyone is playing with the same ball and this isn't the first juiced ball era. But all players were not juiced when Bonds, Sosa and McGwire were doing their thing.
Oh I think way more were juiced than we ever knew about. Plus I guarantee Clemens wasnt the only pitcher juicing either.

Plus Bonds would have been the Hall without Juicing...

The asterisks are useless. Baseball didnt care and a lot of the stuff they were using wasnt even outright banned yet. (Andro wasnt when McGwire was caught with it)

As for the original question...no if the ball is juiced the difference is not why homeruns are way up. That is more on philosophy than anything.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 7:01 pm
by The Rube
HRs are up due to teams using analytics. That whole "HR, K, BB" as an acceptable result. Small ball was dying, and it's dying faster in this day and age. You will see more of this unless the pitching strategy/mound height is changed.IMO, more people prefer a 7-6 game than a 1-0 pitcher's duel. Frankly, if that's the way it goes....I don't need to see "arena" baseball.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 7:41 pm
by Slap Shot
Handyman wrote:
Sat Jul 06 6:57 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Jul 06 6:40 pm
Everyone is playing with the same ball and this isn't the first juiced ball era. But all players were not juiced when Bonds, Sosa and McGwire were doing their thing.
Oh I think way more were juiced than we ever knew about. Plus I guarantee Clemens wasnt the only pitcher juicing either.
Absolutely there were, but not every player was while all the players this season are playing with the same ball.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 9:02 pm
by Viking
The Rube wrote:
Sat Jul 06 7:01 pm
HRs are up due to teams using analytics. That whole "HR, K, BB" as an acceptable result. Small ball was dying, and it's dying faster in this day and age. You will see more of this unless the pitching strategy/mound height is changed.IMO, more people prefer a 7-6 game than a 1-0 pitcher's duel. Frankly, if that's the way it goes....I don't need to see "arena" baseball.
I miss small ball.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 9:06 pm
by The Rube
Viking wrote:
Sat Jul 06 9:02 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sat Jul 06 7:01 pm
HRs are up due to teams using analytics. That whole "HR, K, BB" as an acceptable result. Small ball was dying, and it's dying faster in this day and age. You will see more of this unless the pitching strategy/mound height is changed.IMO, more people prefer a 7-6 game than a 1-0 pitcher's duel. Frankly, if that's the way it goes....I don't need to see "arena" baseball.
I miss small ball.
I do, too. It's strategy, it's chess.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 9:19 pm
by Bertogliat
The Rube wrote:
Sat Jul 06 7:01 pm
HRs are up due to teams using analytics. That whole "HR, K, BB" as an acceptable result. Small ball was dying, and it's dying faster in this day and age. You will see more of this unless the pitching strategy/mound height is changed.IMO, more people prefer a 7-6 game than a 1-0 pitcher's duel. Frankly, if that's the way it goes....I don't need to see "arena" baseball.
I heard they added the new balls to AAA and HRs are now way up at that level as well.

I don’t buy the analytics theory if that’s true.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 9:20 pm
by The Rube
It's some of one, and some of the other. They are scouting players using analytics, AND those juiced balls. A perfect combo.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 9:23 pm
by J22
Don't the pitchers use analytics?

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 9:27 pm
by Bertogliat
J22 wrote:
Sat Jul 06 9:23 pm
Don't the pitchers use analytics?
No. Starters only pitch 6 innings cuz they’re lazy.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 9:27 pm
by The Rube
J22 wrote:
Sat Jul 06 9:23 pm
Don't the pitchers use analytics?
They do, but analytics is mostly offensive based. Pitchers use WHIP and such...that's about it. Hitters have WARP, launch angle, exit velocity, GRIT, OPS+ whatever. MLB is trying to turn it into an offensive game, much like the NFL.

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 06 9:33 pm
by J22
The Rube wrote:
Sat Jul 06 9:27 pm
J22 wrote:
Sat Jul 06 9:23 pm
Don't the pitchers use analytics?
They do, but analytics is mostly offensive based. Pitchers use WHIP and such...that's about it. Hitters have WARP, launch angle, exit velocity, GRIT, OPS+ whatever. MLB is trying to turn it into an offensive game, much like the NFL.
You're talking about statistics