Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 392 times
Been liked: 394 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by The Rube » Sun Aug 01 8:13 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Sun Aug 01 7:33 pm
No business operates with an objective to lose money. Operating losses are tax deductible, sure, but the goal of any corporation is to earn profit, not benefit from tax deductions.

Again, if you were paid handsomely to put a mediocre product on the field, why take a risk?
It's not the goal, but if one happens to lose money, there is a side "benefit" so to speak. There is no owner that is "poor."
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Aug 01 9:52 pm

I’m not sure if it had an effect in this case, but every baseball owner lost money last year and for the first half of this year. The Pohlads were one of the few owners to not lay off the stadium support staff.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 566 times
Been liked: 560 times

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Aug 02 12:00 am

It doesn't have to be $40 million but and they will come.
Currently under construction.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 515 times

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Aug 02 1:38 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sun Aug 01 7:56 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Sat Jul 31 9:33 am
Maize wrote:
Sat Jul 31 9:23 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Sat Jul 31 8:28 am

It doesn’t matter to you that the Twins failed to offer Berrios enough to sign an extension so they sold him to the highest bidder in an effort to salvage something? You don’t count it because the Twins gave up before they began?
I'm just trying to follow the logic that it's inexcusable that the Twins allowed a player like Berrios--who the SIGN GUYZ crowd pretty consistently liked to say wasn't good enough--to test free agency, yet there's the assumption that all of these better pitchers are out there in free agency every year that the Twins should be signing. I just want to know, specifically, who those magical free agents were without hearing the same lazy takes and stories about how the Pohlad's were too cheap to fund No, No, Nanette so the Twins could get Babe Ruth.
I know Maize. The Twins are in an impossible situation because pitchers never become free agent so all the Twins can do is pray they develop pitchers….pause for laughter….only to trade them away just before arbitration.
FWIW Berrios already went through two years of arbitration.

He had a quote before the season with Phil Miller below
waiting six years, almost seven, to get where every player wants to be — a free agent, able to maximize our value,” Berrios said. “So it’s different now. We are in a good position, and we’ll see what the best deal is going to be.”

This definitely implies, at least to me, that he didn't intend to realistically negotiate a contract before he hit free agency. And if he hits FA and the Dodgers/Yankees/Red Sox get involved, they can outspend the Twins (I know THEREZ NO SALARY CAPZ IN BASEBALL crowd, but it's a fact that those teams will spend more than any other team in the game). The Twins were in a tough spot because he essentially made his plans known to try to hit FA.

They got an outstanding trade value for him because the team who was getting him knew they'd get him for 15 months not just 3, so it was smarter in the long term to move him now if they don't think they have the horses to compete next year.

Does it suck to lose Berrios? Absolutely. He was extremely reliable and very very good.

But in all reality, this was probably a pretty good attempt to make the best of a bad situation when Berrios basically indicated he wanted to go to FA. They got an extremely talented infielder/outfielder that has the potential to be a regular all-star at the top of the lineup, and a highly touted pitcher that could be a mainstay in the rotation within 2-3 years to go along with guys like Balazovic, Duran, Canterino, Sands, Ryan, and Strotman.

I am not in the "THEREZ NO SALARY CAPZ IN BASEBALL crowd", but I do expect them to step up from time to time. I realize they aren't going to go toe to toe each year competing with the Yankees or Dodgers for free agent pitchers. That said the Twins do manage to put together good teams (fielders/hitters) every so often, and in those few years I think a team needs to step up and sign top pitchers (if they can't develop them) and at least try to make a run for a championship.

If you aren't willing to make a strong attempt when you have a window of opportunity, then sell the team.

Sh!t or get off the pot.
Last edited by Bertogliat on Mon Aug 02 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 02 2:17 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Aug 02 1:38 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sun Aug 01 7:56 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Sat Jul 31 9:33 am
Maize wrote:
Sat Jul 31 9:23 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Sat Jul 31 8:28 am

It doesn’t matter to you that the Twins failed to offer Berrios enough to sign an extension so they sold him to the highest bidder in an effort to salvage something? You don’t count it because the Twins gave up before they began?
I'm just trying to follow the logic that it's inexcusable that the Twins allowed a player like Berrios--who the SIGN GUYZ crowd pretty consistently liked to say wasn't good enough--to test free agency, yet there's the assumption that all of these better pitchers are out there in free agency every year that the Twins should be signing. I just want to know, specifically, who those magical free agents were without hearing the same lazy takes and stories about how the Pohlad's were too cheap to fund No, No, Nanette so the Twins could get Babe Ruth.
I know Maize. The Twins are in an impossible situation because pitchers never become free agent so all the Twins can do is pray they develop pitchers….pause for laughter….only to trade them away just before arbitration.
FWIW Berrios already went through two years of arbitration.

He had a quote before the season with Phil Miller below
waiting six years, almost seven, to get where every player wants to be — a free agent, able to maximize our value,” Berrios said. “So it’s different now. We are in a good position, and we’ll see what the best deal is going to be.”

This definitely implies, at least to me, that he didn't intend to realistically negotiate a contract before he hit free agency. And if he hits FA and the Dodgers/Yankees/Red Sox get involved, they can outspend the Twins (I know THEREZ NO SALARY CAPZ IN BASEBALL crowd, but it's a fact that those teams will spend more than any other team in the game). The Twins were in a tough spot because he essentially made his plans known to try to hit FA.

They got an outstanding trade value for him because the team who was getting him knew they'd get him for 15 months not just 3, so it was smarter in the long term to move him now if they don't think they have the horses to compete next year.

Does it suck to lose Berrios? Absolutely. He was extremely reliable and very very good.

But in all reality, this was probably a pretty good attempt to make the best of a bad situation when Berrios basically indicated he wanted to go to FA. They got an extremely talented infielder/outfielder that has the potential to be a regular all-star at the top of the lineup, and a highly touted pitcher that could be a mainstay in the rotation within 2-3 years to go along with guys like Balazovic, Duran, Canterino, Sands, Ryan, and Strotman.

I am not in the "THEREZ NO SALARY CAPZ IN BASEBALL crowd", but I do expect them to step up from time to time. I realize they aren't going to go toe to toe each year competing with the Yankees or Dodgers for free agent pitchers. That said the Twins do manage to put together good teams (fielders/hitters) every so often, and in those few years I think a team needs to step up and sign top pitchers (if they can develop them) and at least try to make a run for a championship.

If you aren't willing to make a strong attempt when you have a window of opportunity, then sell the team.

Sh!t or get off the pot.

I agree.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 590 times

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Aug 03 8:32 am

A Twins classic moment.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Tue Aug 03 11:27 pm

Twins come from behind to beat the Reds tonight in Cincy thanks to a 9th inning 3-run HR from Polanco.
Lost in this disaster of a season, Polanco has been very very good of late at the dish (last 15 days a slash line of .396/.429/.698, last 30 days it is .337/.373/.611) and has been very good at 2B defensively.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Aug 04 11:55 am

Another day, another great memory from Twins history.

D2D
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 576 times
Been liked: 200 times

Post by D2D » Wed Aug 04 6:46 pm

I also loved his ability, when on third, to steal home.
D2D - 49 years, and counting...

Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Iceburg » Wed Aug 04 7:28 pm

D2D wrote:
Wed Aug 04 6:46 pm
I also loved his ability, when on third, to steal home.
I think my two clearest Met Stadium memories of my youth (actually being there) were seeing Carew steal home during the season he did it seven times and seeing Killebrew hit one off the facing of the upper deck in left the day after he had hit the first into the second deck. Was at the game when Cesar Tovar played all nine positions, but we knew that was going to happen so it’s not really the same.

Retired Thread Police

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Aug 09 3:57 pm

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 09 11:14 pm

This ball was murdered.
117mph, 429 feet.

Hardest hit HR by a Twin in the statcast era.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Aug 09 11:18 pm

ROPE.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Aug 10 7:06 am

Kreisel was tweeting last night about how cheap ass the Pohlad’s are.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Aug 10 7:31 pm

Arraez is batting 5th…..huh.

Composer
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Composer » Tue Aug 10 9:22 pm

I’m having the Twins game freezing repeatedly all evening. Anyone else having this?

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 534 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Aug 10 10:19 pm

Composer wrote:
Tue Aug 10 9:22 pm
I’m having the Twins game freezing repeatedly all evening. Anyone else having this?

Yes. Seems to a Bally’s problem as other channels have been fine.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Tue Aug 10 10:52 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Aug 10 7:31 pm
Arraez is batting 5th…..huh.
He batted cleanup yesterday

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Tue Aug 10 10:53 pm

Griffin Jax was outstanding tonight. He got off to a rough start in the bigs but he's looked better each start.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by streakygopher » Wed Aug 11 11:56 am

Beauner wrote:
Tue Aug 10 10:53 pm
Griffin Jax was outstanding tonight. He got off to a rough start in the bigs but he's looked better each start.
Good season to take his lumps.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 11 3:04 pm

Twins beat the White Sox 1-0 on the back of Bailey Ober's masterful performance, a solo HR from Polanco, and the bullpen being outstanding (allowing two base runners in 3.2 innings of work).

Saw a stat today that the Twins started out 14-28 and are now one game below .500 since that start (36-37 IIRC). Crazy how quickly a hideous start sinks the season.

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Chris83 » Wed Aug 11 5:37 pm

Beauner wrote:
Wed Aug 11 3:04 pm
Saw a stat today that the Twins started out 14-28 and are now one game below .500 since that start (36-37 IIRC). Crazy how quickly a hideous start sinks the season.
Lends credence to that adage that good/great starts are no guarantee of any post-season success, but disastrous starts can pretty well torpedo a season. There's potential with this team, if they can catch some breaks regarding health and pitching can be depended upon. If they were even at .500 overall at this point, who knows what the final 47 games would hold?
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Aug 13 11:19 pm

Went to my first Twins game in two years. Could not have asked for more perfect weather! Got a cool UMN/Twins combo hat as part of the ticket package.

I think Nelson Cruz’ home run got the loudest ovation of the night.

Had the stadium drunk and someone who must have had the top fall off her perfume bottle nearby, but other than that it was great to take in the sights and sounds of the ballpark again!

We even got to do the wave. :mrgreen:

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Aug 15 11:08 pm

I recorded the pregame ceremony yesterday that celebrated the 30th anniversary of the ‘91 World Series win. Got a chance to watch it tonight; it was a nice little trip down memory lane. Might have to finally watch the World Series DVD set I have collecting dust on the shelf!

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 566 times
Been liked: 560 times

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Aug 16 3:12 am

30 freaking years. Other cities with a major title since then:

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!

:lol:
Currently under construction.

Chris83
Golden
Golden

Post by Chris83 » Mon Aug 16 6:14 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Aug 15 11:08 pm
I recorded the pregame ceremony yesterday that celebrated the 30th anniversary of the ‘91 World Series win. Got a chance to watch it tonight; it was a nice little trip down memory lane. Might have to finally watch the World Series DVD set I have collecting dust on the shelf!
I told my granddaughter the other night "And way back then, you could actually WATCH the Twins on TV!!!!" :lol:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 16 7:35 am

Since the trade deadline the Twins have win 3 consecutive series, all against division leading teams (3/4 @ Houston, then 2/3 against Tampa and Chicago).

Weird.

Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Mon Aug 16 7:38 am

Beauner wrote:
Mon Aug 16 7:35 am
Since the trade deadline the Twins have win 3 consecutive series, all against division leading teams (3/4 @ Houston, then 2/3 against Tampa and Chicago).

Weird.
It would be funny to find out that mild mannered Jose Berrios was a toxic personality in the clubhouse.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by streakygopher » Mon Aug 16 11:32 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Mon Aug 16 3:12 am

*Ahem* the 30 or 40 fans of the lady ballers object!

If not for the moon and stars aligning in '87 and '91, that number would be zero. #Ofervikings #Oferwolves #OferNHLhockey

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Mon Aug 16 1:08 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Mon Aug 16 11:32 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Mon Aug 16 3:12 am

*Ahem* the 30 or 40 fans of the lady ballers object!

If not for the moon and stars aligning in '87 and '91, that number would be zero. #Ofervikings #Oferwolves #OferNHLhockey
Hey let’s not forget the old Minneapolis Lakers :lol:

MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by MNNavy » Mon Aug 16 3:15 pm

In streaky's defense, I don't think anyone on this board is old enough to remember the Minneapolis Lakers.
Also, he DID say #OferWOLVES, not #OferNBA
"It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance." - Thomas Sowell
"Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." - Sir Winston Churchill

CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Mon Aug 16 5:13 pm

MNNavy wrote:
Mon Aug 16 3:15 pm
In streaky's defense, I don't think anyone on this board is old enough to remember the Minneapolis Lakers.
My grandfather was an usher for the Minneapolis Lakers and the Minnesota Twins. There is picture of him stomping out a grass fire at Met Stadium during the 1965 World Series. Apparently as a child my father got to sit in the bench area with the Lakers players for some home games at the Minneapolis Armory during their championship era of the 1950's.

Composer
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Composer » Mon Aug 16 7:16 pm

So was I the only person that saw Kepler (Monday's game) dancing down the third base line (over halfway to home) thinking that Polanco's hit was a HR, then had to scramble back to third to tag? Polanco was a bit lucky that the right fielder didn't look to see that there was an (outside) chance of getting Kepler at home? Quite a contrast to the replay from 1991 that was shown several times of Gladden standing on third waiting for the ball to be caught. (in the online replays, they show him running back to third in a bit of a panic. I'd like to find a wide angle replay of that.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Aug 16 7:57 pm

MNNavy wrote:
Mon Aug 16 3:15 pm
I knew OF the old Lakers, but definitely not old enough to have seen them. I like sports history, and the stories of teams' past.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Tue Aug 17 11:02 am

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 18 2:44 pm

475 feet. That's a long ways.

Twins took the lead in bottom 5 after 6 consecutive 2-out hits too.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 736 times

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Aug 18 2:59 pm

Beauner wrote:
Wed Aug 18 2:44 pm

Going to right-center is encouraging. It usually seems when he breaks out of a slump it's when he starts hitting hard the other way.
:M: :M2: Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers! :M2: :M:

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 18 3:04 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Wed Aug 18 2:59 pm
Beauner wrote:
Wed Aug 18 2:44 pm

Going to right-center is encouraging. It usually seems when he breaks out of a slump it's when he starts hitting hard the other way.

ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by ex_goldy » Wed Aug 18 3:21 pm

Wrong thread
Last edited by ex_goldy on Wed Aug 18 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Aug 18 3:22 pm

Good to see. I was only looking at his current BA and not recent results or other stats.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 18 4:30 pm

Twins walk off against Cleveland in bottom 11 to win their 4th consecutive series. Finished the homestand 6-3 with three walk offs from Polanco.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 149 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Aug 18 5:43 pm

Watched the end of the game today. They’re playing well right now, a real shame the way they imploded in April & May.

Chris83
Golden
Golden

Post by Chris83 » Wed Aug 18 6:34 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Aug 18 5:43 pm
Watched the end of the game today. They’re playing well right now, a real shame the way they imploded in April & May.
Now only 14.5 out of the Wild Card! It ain't over 'til it's over! :lol: :wink:

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Thu Aug 19 6:16 pm

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Fri Aug 20 9:24 pm

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sat Aug 21 6:06 am

Wow!

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Aug 21 10:42 am

Chris83 wrote:
Wed Aug 18 6:34 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Aug 18 5:43 pm
Now only 14.5 out of the Wild Card! It ain't over 'til it's over! :lol: :wink:
Obviously since Wednesday the Twins have reverted to their norm vs the Yankees…as their :crazy: bitches. The Yankees are so into the Twins heads…and have been for more than two decades, it’s pathetically ridiculous.

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by gopher6 » Sat Aug 21 6:23 pm

I guarantee the Twinkies will not lose tomorrow/game all ready canceled due to Hurricane 💦

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Aug 21 8:54 pm

You must be referring to the Twins.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Aug 23 5:05 pm

good lord. Another player on DL
Lets try this again with a different link.
Last edited by frozen4champs on Mon Aug 23 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Butters Stotch
Rookie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Butters Stotch » Mon Aug 23 6:46 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Aug 23 5:05 pm
good lord
??????

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 23 10:39 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Aug 23 5:05 pm
good lord. Another player on DL
Lets try this again with a different link.
Yeah he was clearly in some discomfort in his start against the Yankees. Sucks. Hopefully it's not major. They're listing it as right forearm tightness.

Border Gopher
Veteran
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Border Gopher » Tue Aug 24 5:16 pm

I'm at Fenway tonight, so apologies in advance for the shellacking.
"A real man makes his own [puck] luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Aug 24 6:17 pm

Oofta

Border Gopher
Veteran
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Border Gopher » Tue Aug 24 8:21 pm

Boy Rocco I don't know. Maybe you could've kept Jax in a bit longer.
"A real man makes his own [puck] luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Aug 25 7:13 pm

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Aug 25 7:32 pm

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 25 7:36 pm

That ball was absolutely destroyed.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Aug 25 7:46 pm

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Aug 25 8:06 pm

Beauner wrote:
Wed Aug 25 7:36 pm
It’s why you don’t give up on a guy like Sano, even when he strikes out 3 times and can’t hit a beach ball in April ☝️

D2D
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 576 times
Been liked: 200 times

Post by D2D » Wed Aug 25 8:21 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Aug 25 8:06 pm
It’s why you don’t give up on a guy like Sano, even when he strikes out 3 times and can’t hit a beach ball in April ☝️
As long as you accept the fact that two home runs that barely clear the fence are more important to the team winning than those single 500 foot bombs hit all of the ballpark...in between the all-to-oft-common strike out. Hopefully Sano will become more consistent, as he appears to doing as he gains more experience.
D2D - 49 years, and counting...

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Aug 25 9:27 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Beauner wrote:
He needs to improve the BA quickly. We cant pay a guy $11M per year to hit 0.217.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 25 9:54 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Aug 25 9:27 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Beauner wrote:
He needs to improve the BA quickly. We cant pay a guy $11M per year to hit 0.217.
Yes you can.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 25 9:54 pm

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Aug 25 9:55 pm

Less than 1.00 WHIP? I like. It's the ONE analytic I do pay attention to.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 25 10:04 pm

Twins hang 5 in top of the 10th against former Twin Hansel Robles including HRs from Donaldson and Cave.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Wed Aug 25 10:05 pm

Thankfully we traded Robles to the Red Sox. We wouldn’t have had a chance after Colome blew it in the 9th.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Aug 25 11:05 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Wed Aug 25 10:05 pm
Thankfully we traded Robles to the Red Sox. We wouldn’t have had a chance after Colome blew it in the 9th.
Colome blew a save in the 9th :shock: :shock: has that ever happened before?? :wink: :biggrin2: At least they still won the game!

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Aug 25 11:24 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
Beauner wrote:
No one will care if he hits .217 if he also hits 40HR. Agree he strikes out way too much…but Twins have to stick with him & hope he eventually comes around on that…the money part isn’t all that relevant at this point…it’s not like the Twins are up against the salary cap.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Aug 26 5:20 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Aug 25 11:24 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
Beauner wrote:
No one will care if he hits .217 if he also hits 40HR. Agree he strikes out way too much…but Twins have to stick with him & hope he eventually comes around on that…the money part isn’t all that relevant at this point…it’s not like the Twins are up against the salary cap.
This is the Twins we’re talking about. There is a cap and it isn’t high.

He doesn’t hit 40 HR. He is in his 7th MLB season. His highest HR total is 34. His second highest is 28. His 162 game avg is 39, but he hasn’t ever played in more than 116 games in a season.

I do not want the Twins to dump him (and watch him become Big Papi #2) but he has to pick it up or he will be an enormous failure.

mnpuckguy
Rookie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by mnpuckguy » Thu Aug 26 9:36 am

Colome is the guy that's got to go! He has been a complete disaster! Why does Baldelli keep bringing him in with the game on the line??

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 195 times

Post by Norm » Thu Aug 26 9:38 am

mnpuckguy wrote:
Thu Aug 26 9:36 am
Colome is the guy that's got to go! He has been a complete disaster! Why does Baldelli keep bringing him in with the game on the line??
Cause the games don't matter?

gator
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by gator » Thu Aug 26 9:43 am

Greyeagle wrote:
Wed Aug 25 7:32 pm
You come out to your car and you find your windshield scattered and wonder what in the world happened... :confused2:
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Steve MN » Thu Aug 26 10:02 am

gator wrote:
Thu Aug 26 9:43 am
Greyeagle wrote:
You come out to your car and you find your windshield scattered and wonder what in the world happened... :confused2:
Given the arrangement of things around Fenway, more likely someone was riding on the Green line and wondering what the sudden thump on the side of the train was.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 263 times

Post by Karlsson » Thu Aug 26 11:52 am

Steve MN wrote:
Thu Aug 26 10:02 am
gator wrote:
Thu Aug 26 9:43 am
Greyeagle wrote:
Given the arrangement of things around Fenway, more likely someone was riding on the Green line and wondering what the sudden thump on the side of the train was.
With that moonshot hell someone on the Charles River might have to fix their boat's deck. :mrgreen: