Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10618
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 224 times
Age: 45

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by davescharf » Tue Apr 27 8:21 pm

So now we put Colome out in the 8th inning down a run? Is Rocco going to the Gardy school of managing this year?

Not that it really matters if the team doesn’t start hitting. They’re just really bad right now
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10490
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 66 times
Age: 38

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by team22tank » Tue Apr 27 8:26 pm

davescharf wrote:
Tue Apr 27 8:21 pm
So now we put Colome out in the 8th inning down a run? Is Rocco going to the Gardy school of managing this year?

Not that it really matters if the team doesn’t start hitting. They’re just really bad right now
Going to be fun listening to him talk about how losing is fun every night. Might give Fleck a run for his money on spinning losing.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10490
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 66 times
Age: 38

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by team22tank » Tue Apr 27 8:27 pm

What was the reason behind letting Rosario go?

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Tue Apr 27 8:27 pm

This team HAS to lead the majors HBP. Seems like every inning the opponent scores in, there's a guy who reached base by getting plunked.

Edit: somehow they entered tonight 9th in MLB with 13.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5780
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 117 times
Age: 35

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Snowcool08 » Tue Apr 27 8:30 pm

team22tank wrote:
Tue Apr 27 8:27 pm
What was the reason behind letting Rosario go?
He wanted $10M a year and he’s not worth it. Turned out that no one wanted to pay him that much. He’s not exactly lighting it up in Cleveland either.

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3589
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 51 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by HockeyBum » Tue Apr 27 8:32 pm

God I hate this team (and their idiot manager). It's going to be a long summer.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10490
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 66 times
Age: 38

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by team22tank » Tue Apr 27 8:42 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Tue Apr 27 8:30 pm
team22tank wrote:
Tue Apr 27 8:27 pm
What was the reason behind letting Rosario go?
He wanted $10M a year and he’s not worth it. Turned out that no one wanted to pay him that much. He’s not exactly lighting it up in Cleveland either.
He was doing pretty well the last 4 seasons.

Hopefully that wasn’t the Twins run. Two good regular seasons and a playoffs.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Tue Apr 27 8:51 pm

team22tank wrote:
Tue Apr 27 8:27 pm
What was the reason behind letting Rosario go?
He was projected to get between 9-13 million in arbitration. So they non-tendered him. The other 29 teams in the league all passed on claiming him too.

They had tried to trade him after 2019 and nobody bit, then tried to give him away for anything last offseason and nobody bit then either.

With Kiriloff, Larnach, and Rooker all MLB ready or damn near ready, his production the last couple years (and really, throughout his career) will be replaced, and then some most likely, once those guys get adjusted to the major leagues.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8173
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by JWG » Tue Apr 27 9:25 pm

Colome…
I’m now convinced he’s up because they don’t want to destroy the Saints their first year out as AAA.
JWG :M:

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Apr 27 9:38 pm

Beauner wrote:
Tue Apr 27 8:51 pm
team22tank wrote:
Tue Apr 27 8:27 pm
What was the reason behind letting Rosario go?
He was projected to get between 9-13 million in arbitration. So they non-tendered him. The other 29 teams in the league all passed on claiming him too.

They had tried to trade him after 2019 and nobody bit, then tried to give him away for anything last offseason and nobody bit then either.

With Kiriloff, Larnach, and Rooker all MLB ready or damn near ready, his production the last couple years (and really, throughout his career) will be replaced, and then some most likely, once those guys get adjusted to the major leagues.
Money aside, I bet if you looked back to some point mid season last year most people were complaining about his defense.

I knew he wasn’t an awesome defender but was surprised so many people railed on him.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Tue Apr 27 10:22 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Apr 27 9:38 pm
Beauner wrote:
Tue Apr 27 8:51 pm
team22tank wrote:
Tue Apr 27 8:27 pm
What was the reason behind letting Rosario go?
He was projected to get between 9-13 million in arbitration. So they non-tendered him. The other 29 teams in the league all passed on claiming him too.

They had tried to trade him after 2019 and nobody bit, then tried to give him away for anything last offseason and nobody bit then either.

With Kiriloff, Larnach, and Rooker all MLB ready or damn near ready, his production the last couple years (and really, throughout his career) will be replaced, and then some most likely, once those guys get adjusted to the major leagues.
Money aside, I bet if you looked back to some point mid season last year most people were complaining about his defense.

I knew he wasn’t an awesome defender but was surprised so many people railed on him.
His arm is one of the better arms for LFs in baseball. That's about the only positive he brought to his defensive arm. His read/jumps on balls were rated to be one of the worst in the game, his route efficiency was poor.
Statcast has a stat they call Outfielder Jump, which compiles route, initial reaction/read, and jump/burst. In 2019 he was in the bottom 13% of all qualifying outfielders.

Eye-test wise he didn't seem THAT bad, but he also got bailed out a bit playing with Buxton and Kepler, two if the highest rated defensive outfielders in baseball.

He also just seemed to get lackadaisical and lazy far too often, and just airmailed throws over cutoff men to give away free bases far too often on throws that he didn't really have a chance to get the runner out.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Apr 27 10:27 pm

Lol, that’s what I remember reading. Now that he is gone people are remembering more fondly.

With my novice baseball eye, I just liked the guy. Not every team can have a gold glover at every position.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Tue Apr 27 10:56 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Apr 27 10:27 pm
Lol, that’s what I remember reading. Now that he is gone people are remembering more fondly.

With my novice baseball eye, I just liked the guy. Not every team can have a gold glover at every position.
He was a fun guy to watch, there's no doubt about it.
But he wasn't the second coming of Mike Trout like some people seem to think he was.

And FWIW, the Twins tried to negotiate with him before he even hit arbitration (like they did with Kepler and Polanco) and he refused. Which is 100% his prerogative. He bet on himself to keep producing offensive numbers like he did in 2017 and 2018. Unfortunately for him, his numbers took a slight dip in 2019 (although his HR total was the highest of his career) and they were downright mediocre last season for a left fielder that was going to demand 10+ million in arbitration (.257/.316/.476). That production drop, combined with below average defense and many MLB teams tightening the budget (especially after COVID ravaged revenues, but even before COVID the market for players of his caliber was tepid) likely cost him a decent chunk of change.

If the option was Andrelton Simmons and Eddie Rosario with Rooker/Kiriloff DHing or Andrelton Simmons and Nelson Cruz with Kiriloff/Rooker in LF for the majority of the season (as I expect Kiriloff stays with the team when Kepler returns from the COVID list), I know which option I'm taking. And it isn't close.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Tue Apr 27 11:19 pm

A guy I thought of today when reading all the new Rosario love was Yasiel Puig. In a lot of ways they are pretty similar. Enigmatic guys with rocket arms but otherwise questionable defense, bats that could carry a lineup for a couple weeks in a row but could also take just terrible at bats in big spots...

Their career stat lines are very eerily similar (with the exception that Puig's OBP is 40pts higher and walk rate is basically double that of Rosario's). That and Puig's playoff numbers blow Eddie's out of the water. Hell, even their SB% is 1% apart. Batting average is 1 point apart (Puig .277, Eddie .276), Slugging % is identical, pitches per plate appearance are .09 pitches apart...

https://stathead.com/tiny/pn6NJ

Weird.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14512
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 57 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Apr 28 7:53 am

He was one of those flawed fun baseball players. Not a lot of that on this team. There are a couple. Too bad he wanted so much money. But thinking back on my own career he's probably right for wanting it. It's not like the corporation is looking out for him.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14852
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 159 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by streakygopher » Wed Apr 28 8:09 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Apr 28 7:53 am
He was one of those flawed fun baseball players. Not a lot of that on this team. There are a couple. Too bad he wanted so much money. But thinking back on my own career he's probably right for wanting it. It's not like the corporation is looking out for him.
The Eddie the Eagle of baseball.

He was a fan favorite, it was fun for fans to chant his name in pressure at-bats, and, like Eddie, he had the attitude and charisma. It was only the talent where they came up a bit short.

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3589
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 51 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by HockeyBum » Wed Apr 28 8:41 am

I have a soft spot for Eddie because he was my son's favorite player. Eddie was kind enough to take 30 seconds to talk to my son in an autograph line at Twins Fest a few years ago. No other players did that (and I get it... there are a ton of people there and they can't possibly talk to everyone). It's amazing the impact a small interaction like that has on a baseball crazy 10 year old.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 17721
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 495 times
Been liked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Apr 28 9:58 am

Well at this rate they don't have to worry about losing anymore playoff games to the Yankees for another 18 months.

That will be my 1 Bonin moment for the season.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3160
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 77 times
Age: 28

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by YoungEagle » Wed Apr 28 10:57 am

HockeyBum wrote:
Wed Apr 28 8:41 am
I have a soft spot for Eddie because he was my son's favorite player. Eddie was kind enough to take 30 seconds to talk to my son in an autograph line at Twins Fest a few years ago. No other players did that (and I get it... there are a ton of people there and they can't possibly talk to everyone). It's amazing the impact a small interaction like that has on a baseball crazy 10 year old.
It’s always cool when people do that. Good on him.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran
Posts: 871
Joined: Mon Feb 19 3:04 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Wed Apr 28 11:50 am

HockeyBum wrote:
Wed Apr 28 8:41 am
I have a soft spot for Eddie because he was my son's favorite player. Eddie was kind enough to take 30 seconds to talk to my son in an autograph line at Twins Fest a few years ago. No other players did that (and I get it... there are a ton of people there and they can't possibly talk to everyone). It's amazing the impact a small interaction like that has on a baseball crazy 10 year old.
This reminds of a conversation I had with former Twin Lew Ford when the Twins were playing in Kansas City. At the time I was working/living in St. Louis so I drove from St. Louis to Kansas City to see Royal Stadium and the Twins. During pregame warm ups I got a bunch of signatures on my shirt from Twins players. When Lew Ford was signing my shirt I asked him how he did as engineering student in college? He gave me this shocked look and asked how did you know I was an engineering student in college? I responded I am a civil engineer so when I saw this on a bio of you I thought it was cool. He started talking to me for many minutes and lost track of time to point where all his teammates left the field since warm ups were over. Since I was facing the field I noticed this and started thinking to myself "Lew you may want to stop talking to me and get with your teammates"

The Twins coaches back in the locker room "There has been a last scratch from the starting lineup Lew Ford isn't here." :lol:

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 35 times
Age: 59
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by gopher6 » Wed Apr 28 12:44 pm

Twinkies with 3 hrs in the 1st

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14512
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 57 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Apr 28 1:15 pm

gopher6 wrote:
Wed Apr 28 12:44 pm
Twinkies with 3 hrs in the 1st
Blind Nut finds Squirrel.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 35 times
Age: 59
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by gopher6 » Wed Apr 28 1:22 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Wed Apr 28 1:15 pm
gopher6 wrote:
Wed Apr 28 12:44 pm
Twinkies with 3 hrs in the 1st
Blind Nut finds Squirrel.
7-1 right now

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14852
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 159 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by streakygopher » Wed Apr 28 1:22 pm

gopher6 wrote:
Wed Apr 28 12:44 pm
Twinkies with 3 hrs in the 1st
Is this game televised?

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5780
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 117 times
Age: 35

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Snowcool08 » Wed Apr 28 1:28 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Wed Apr 28 1:22 pm
gopher6 wrote:
Wed Apr 28 12:44 pm
Twinkies with 3 hrs in the 1st
Is this game televised?
It’s streaming on YouTube. Free to all.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14852
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 159 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by streakygopher » Wed Apr 28 1:41 pm

ah, thanks

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4920
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 145 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Chris83 » Wed Apr 28 1:45 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Wed Apr 28 1:28 pm
streakygopher wrote:
Wed Apr 28 1:22 pm
gopher6 wrote:
Wed Apr 28 12:44 pm
Twinkies with 3 hrs in the 1st
Is this game televised?
It’s streaming on YouTube. Free to all.
Yeah, finally able to watch a game. Return of the Bomba Squad.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4920
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 145 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Chris83 » Wed Apr 28 1:51 pm

Now 8-1; 5 dingers.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 35 times
Age: 59
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by gopher6 » Wed Apr 28 3:00 pm

now 7 dingers

User avatar
Viking
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3135
Joined: Fri Feb 11 3:07 pm
Location: Searching for the elusive beer tree
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 63 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Viking » Wed Apr 28 3:09 pm

Did they switch back to last season's baseballs?
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Wed Apr 28 3:13 pm

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3160
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 77 times
Age: 28

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by YoungEagle » Wed Apr 28 4:40 pm

That SOB sure can run.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Wed Apr 28 5:47 pm

For real though. The infielder played that 100% perfectly. It wasn't hit softly. He fielded it clean, made a strong throw, and had no chance.

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3355
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 516 times
Been liked: 173 times
Age: 72

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by D2D » Wed Apr 28 6:23 pm

Let's all say a prayer that he stays healthy.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3160
Joined: Sun May 13 2:38 pm
Location: My Cabin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 77 times
Age: 28

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by YoungEagle » Wed Apr 28 7:08 pm

D2D wrote:
Wed Apr 28 6:23 pm
Let's all say a prayer that he stays healthy.
No kidding.. I'd imagine his WAR is very high at the moment. He is immensely fun to watch.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10618
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 224 times
Age: 45

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by davescharf » Wed Apr 28 7:47 pm

Beauner wrote:
Wed Apr 28 5:47 pm
For real though. The infielder played that 100% perfectly. It wasn't hit softly. He fielded it clean, made a strong throw, and had no chance.

His speed rating on MLB the Show is what...114?
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Apr 28 8:38 pm

Did Colome start for Cleveland today?

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Wed Apr 28 10:59 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Apr 28 8:38 pm
Did Colome start for Cleveland today?
My dad texted me asking if the Wild put him in net for the third period tonight 🤣🤣🤣
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Fri Apr 30 9:10 pm

I interrupt my NFL Draft commentary to bring you these:





As I said: he's hitting the ball very hard, very frequently. It's starting to be rewarded. His first at-bat was a near-home run on a ball he barreled the crap out of (106.1mph).
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Border Gopher
Veteran
Posts: 2041
Joined: Tue Nov 28 5:48 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 38 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Border Gopher » Fri Apr 30 9:25 pm

@Beauner, you only forgot to quote the poster asking why Rosario isn't a Twin anymore before posting the clips.
"A real man makes his own [puck] luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Fri Apr 30 10:51 pm

Twins pound the AL Central leading Kansas City Royals tonight.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3355
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 516 times
Been liked: 173 times
Age: 72

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by D2D » Fri Apr 30 11:41 pm

Beauner wrote:
Fri Apr 30 10:51 pm
Twins pound the AL Central leading Kansas City Royals tonight.
Kirilloff with two home runs, four RBI's. Great to see!
Pineda 5 innings pitched, only 3 hits and one earned run. Start of a trend?
Three relievers a combined 4 innings pitched, only one hit, no runs. No comment, don't want to jinx 'em.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 50 times
Age: 36

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Laxref » Sat May 01 2:42 pm

Matt Shoemaker, woof.

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 35 times
Age: 59
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by gopher6 » Sat May 01 5:35 pm

KC 11 twinkies 3

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Bertogliat » Sat May 01 5:45 pm

Time for a mint julep.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 33161
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 350 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by The Rube » Sat May 01 6:13 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Sat May 01 5:45 pm
Time for a mint julep.
Had mine. My 3rd place horse actually won. Made a rookie mistake not ranking Valesquez/Baffert higher.
Screw it, here goes:
Midnight Bourbon
Hot Rod Charlie
Medina Spirit
Bourbonic
#KyDerby #KYDerby147

My picks.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 33161
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 350 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by The Rube » Sat May 01 6:22 pm

Image
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9823
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 477 times
Been liked: 173 times
Age: 48

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Steve MN » Sat May 01 7:02 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sat May 01 6:13 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Sat May 01 5:45 pm
Time for a mint julep.
Had mine. My 3rd place horse actually won. Made a rookie mistake not ranking Valesquez/Baffert higher.
Screw it, here goes:
Midnight Bourbon
Hot Rod Charlie
Medina Spirit
Bourbonic
#KyDerby #KYDerby147

My picks.
Even my friend that really knows handicapping well only had Medina Spirit for a Show bet, with a live longshot if he went to 10-1 + (which he did)
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10618
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 224 times
Age: 45

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by davescharf » Sun May 02 4:07 pm

Those hard hit balls Kiriloff has been spraying all over the field are now leaving the yard. That’s one way to avoid outs

I think I saw yesterday his BA was .176 but his expected average was .360 or .370 based on the balls he’s hit
Last edited by davescharf on Sun May 02 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Sun May 02 4:37 pm

Buxton set another personal best today with a 116mph double.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7527
Joined: Fri Jan 09 8:15 am
Location: Maplewood
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 79 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Iceburg » Sun May 02 5:25 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sun May 02 4:37 pm
Buxton set another personal best today with a 116mph double.
Is that the ball’s speed or his? :mrgreen:
Image

Retired Thread Police

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Mon May 03 7:41 pm



Nasty
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 20456
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 1045 times
Been liked: 646 times
Age: 54

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Greyeagle » Mon May 03 7:58 pm

I'm never sure if Arreaz is sliding or if there is a sniper in the stands.
Case in point in today's game:

:M: :M2: Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers! :M2: :M:

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Mon May 03 8:02 pm

For those of you with young kids in baseball (or any sport, really), what Justin says here is so important. Make adjustments in practice. Don't worry and don't try to make adjustments in games - it's too difficult to try to focus on making adjustments or focusing on release point or swing path or whatever when you're going at full speed.

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Mon May 03 10:59 pm

Twins win 6-5. Kiriloff with two more hits, both doubles.
Maeda looked much more like the Maeda we saw last season tonight.
Rogers gets his first two earned runs of the season and I have no idea how they called either of them earned. Polanco misjudged an easy popup to shallow right and had it tip off his glove, then a throwing error the next play (where we still ended up getting an out, which would have ended the game if Polanco makes a pretty routine catch).

One negative: Arraez had a collision at the plate and ended up leaving the game later due to concussion symptoms.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 33161
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 350 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by The Rube » Mon May 03 11:14 pm

Beauner wrote:
Mon May 03 10:59 pm
Twins win 6-5. Kiriloff with two more hits, both doubles.
Maeda looked much more like the Maeda we saw last season tonight.
Rogers gets his first two earned runs of the season and I have no idea how they called either of them earned. Polanco misjudged an easy popup to shallow right and had it tip off his glove, then a throwing error the next play (where we still ended up getting an out, which would have ended the game if Polanco makes a pretty routine catch).

One negative: Arraez had a collision at the plate and ended up leaving the game later due to concussion symptoms.
I only saw the boxscore, but seems to me that Kiriloff is adjusting. That is good.
Maeda had great numbers (less than 1 WHIP, IIRC).
It's a long season. Sure, we dropped some we shouldn't have, made the road tougher, but a lot of baseball to be played.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Mon May 03 11:20 pm

They also sent Dobnak to St. Paul. Wondering if that's a move to get him stretched out for SP work since Shoemaker has been brutal his last couple starts (though Dobnak hasn't been great in relief, it is a significantly different preparation for guys and that may be a factor in his early struggles). He has been better his last 3 outings (2 runs on 4 hits in his last 6 innings, both solo HRs in the buttwhooping against KC) after his blowup against the Angels where he gave up 5 in like 2 innings.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Tue May 04 7:03 pm

Buxton says Welcome back to Target Field, Gibby.
2 run HR into the bullpen.

108mph and he got it on the hands :shock:
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 20456
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 1045 times
Been liked: 646 times
Age: 54

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Greyeagle » Tue May 04 8:46 pm

Buxton. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously.
:M: :M2: Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers! :M2: :M:

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Tue May 04 9:10 pm

He's so good.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Tue May 04 9:38 pm

Rogers gives up a solo HR, an infield single, a single to left, a sac bunt, and a 185ft sac fly to tie it in the 9th.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Bertogliat » Tue May 04 9:49 pm

It gets worse

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Tue May 04 9:49 pm

And then Waddell gives up a 2 run HR in top 10.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8768
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 617 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Cowgirl » Tue May 04 9:55 pm

Well that escalated quickly.

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10618
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 224 times
Age: 45

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by davescharf » Tue May 04 9:58 pm

Beauner wrote:
Tue May 04 9:49 pm
And then Waddell gives up a 2 run HR in top 10.
They’ve just got to figure out 1 more consistent option for the late innings. Rogers just hasn’t been able to get the job done back to back nights. They’re giving away too many winnable games
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8768
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 617 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Cowgirl » Tue May 04 10:05 pm

So this shows I haven’t watched enough baseball lately. Do you not start with one out in extra innings if you’re down?

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 33161
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 350 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by The Rube » Tue May 04 10:12 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue May 04 10:05 pm
So this shows I haven’t watched enough baseball lately. Do you not start with one out in extra innings if you’re down?
I thought it was just the man on second in extra innings.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8768
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 617 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Cowgirl » Tue May 04 10:18 pm

The Rube wrote:
Tue May 04 10:12 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Tue May 04 10:05 pm
So this shows I haven’t watched enough baseball lately. Do you not start with one out in extra innings if you’re down?
I thought it was just the man on second in extra innings.
See, shows what I know! I thought they also started with one out.

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5780
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 117 times
Age: 35

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Snowcool08 » Tue May 04 10:22 pm

davescharf wrote:
Tue May 04 9:58 pm
Beauner wrote:
Tue May 04 9:49 pm
And then Waddell gives up a 2 run HR in top 10.
They’ve just got to figure out 1 more consistent option for the late innings. Rogers just hasn’t been able to get the job done back to back nights. They’re giving away too many winnable games
I think they need two arms at least. They don’t trust anyone besides Rogers. Trotting out Waddel and Thielbar as lefties has not turned out well at all.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Tue May 04 10:25 pm

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29926
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 282 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Beauner » Tue May 04 10:29 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Tue May 04 10:22 pm
davescharf wrote:
Tue May 04 9:58 pm
Beauner wrote:
Tue May 04 9:49 pm
And then Waddell gives up a 2 run HR in top 10.
They’ve just got to figure out 1 more consistent option for the late innings. Rogers just hasn’t been able to get the job done back to back nights. They’re giving away too many winnable games
I think they need two arms at least. They don’t trust anyone besides Rogers. Trotting out Waddel and Thielbar as lefties has not turned out well at all.
In defense of Robles, he's been mostly effective. He gave up 3 against Boston and 2 against Oakland (in the slugfest that finished 13-12). He's thrown 11 other scoreless innings and has a WHIP of like .85.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 33161
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 350 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by The Rube » Tue May 04 10:48 pm

Beauner wrote:
Tue May 04 10:29 pm
Snowcool08 wrote:
Tue May 04 10:22 pm
davescharf wrote:
Tue May 04 9:58 pm
Beauner wrote:
Tue May 04 9:49 pm
And then Waddell gives up a 2 run HR in top 10.
They’ve just got to figure out 1 more consistent option for the late innings. Rogers just hasn’t been able to get the job done back to back nights. They’re giving away too many winnable games
I think they need two arms at least. They don’t trust anyone besides Rogers. Trotting out Waddel and Thielbar as lefties has not turned out well at all.
In defense of Robles, he's been mostly effective. He gave up 3 against Boston and 2 against Oakland (in the slugfest that finished 13-12). He's thrown 11 other scoreless innings and has a WHIP of like .85.
From my understanding, and I'm an anti-analytics guy...1.20 Whip is passable. 1.10 is great. Under 1? JFC.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8173
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by JWG » Tue May 04 10:49 pm

This team would kill it in a 7 inning softball league.
JWG :M:

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14852
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 159 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by streakygopher » Tue May 04 11:07 pm

0-6 in extra innings. This team is a mess in the bullpen and will never win a pennant with Stan Laurel as their closer. He pissed away the game for Happ and the team...and then the 10th...you just knew it would happen. Cave's bat was especially bad. Watches a knee high fastball he had a chance to hit out of the park and then flails at the 0-2 funny ball.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 11661
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 458 times
Age: 46

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014 - ∞: To Infinity & Beyond!

Post by Bertogliat » Wed May 05 8:28 am

JWG wrote:
Tue May 04 10:49 pm
This team would kill it in a 7 inning softball league.
Except they're winless in 7 inning games this year (double header games).

Post Reply