Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 173 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sun Aug 11 7:49 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Sun Aug 11 7:00 pm
I like aggressive base running, but I agree that sending Adrianza was the wrong decision. With a guy at third and one out it changes the at bat for (was it?) Schoop. Looking to convert a pitch to a medium deep fly ball or hitting a ground ball away is better than having to hit safely. It's possible that even the grounder to third might score Adrianza...never know but we'll never find out.

The Twins' "ace" set a bad tone early by going out and getting hit around the first couple innings.

Twins miss Buxton and now Cruz, but Cleveland was easily the better team this weekend. It seemed like the Indians had base runners pretty much every inning these past four games. I'd trade Twins pitchers for theirs in a hot second.

And what's with Rogers? Geezus, suddenly this guy is the poster boy for a shaky pitching staff.
Yeah Schoop was due up next. With runners on 2 and 3 and 1 out it's likely they would have walked him to set up a force at the plate. Plus it would be a lefty-lefty matchup. Hand has been extremely tough on lefties this year (.163 average and no XBH). Obviously Kepler would basically just need to lift a fly ball to the outfield rather than get a hit. But if they bring a 5th guy in to play infield there as a lot of teams like to do, it's a pretty easy play to get the force at the plate if they don't bobble it.

As for Rogers: he's been pretty poor all season long when he's been asked to go on back-to-back days. He threw 30+ pitches last night in two innings. Today's outing puts his ERA on the second of back-to-back days at like 13.50.
Last edited by Beauner on Sun Aug 11 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Threa

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Aug 11 7:58 pm

1) Kepler 0-5
2) Polanco. 0-5
3) Sano. 0-5

No good

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Aug 12 10:17 am

Wow, the Twins thread sure turns quiet...when everything isn’t going just GREAT. I REALLY LIKE the team offensively...not having to watch a certain player take every 1st pitch strike down the middle, along with attempting to grind out clutch walks with the game on the line has been a breath of fresh air 😉. It’s FUN seeing all the dongs flying over the fence this year too !!! Go Twins☝️

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by streakygopher » Mon Aug 12 12:31 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Aug 12 10:17 am
Wow, the Twins thread sure turns quiet...when everything isn’t going just GREAT. I REALLY LIKE the team offensively...not having to watch a certain player take every 1st pitch strike down the middle, along with attempting to grind out clutch walks with the game on the line has been a breath of fresh air 😉. It’s FUN seeing all the dongs flying over the fence this year too !!! Go Twins☝️
Actually, it's quiet when they win. It's only when they lose that we come on here to pile on. :) Only you could take this topic and figure out a way to manipulate a Joe Mauer criticism...in a season after he left the team. :shock: :lol:

The bitter disappointment last night was they clawed their way back in the 9th against Hand to get the tie but failed ultimately to get that extra run to gain the split....only to watch the bases fill in the top of the tenth, capped off by a grand slam to shut the door on the game....against the Twins' closer no less. Rogers has been good this year, but last night he was terrible.

Over a 100,000 of the Twins' faithful watched their team's lead evaporate this weekend. Woof.

team22tank
Veteran
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by team22tank » Mon Aug 12 12:37 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sun Aug 11 7:49 pm
streakygopher wrote:
I like aggressive base running, but I agree that sending Adrianza was the wrong decision. With a guy at third and one out it changes the at bat for (was it?) Schoop. Looking to convert a pitch to a medium deep fly ball or hitting a ground ball away is better than having to hit safely. It's possible that even the grounder to third might score Adrianza...never know but we'll never find out.

The Twins' "ace" set a bad tone early by going out and getting hit around the first couple innings.

Twins miss Buxton and now Cruz, but Cleveland was easily the better team this weekend. It seemed like the Indians had base runners pretty much every inning these past four games. I'd trade Twins pitchers for theirs in a hot second.

And what's with Rogers? Geezus, suddenly this guy is the poster boy for a shaky pitching staff.
Yeah Schoop was due up next. With runners on 2 and 3 and 1 out it's likely they would have walked him to set up a force at the plate. Plus it would be a lefty-lefty matchup. Hand has been extremely tough on lefties this year (.163 average and no XBH). Obviously Kepler would basically just need to lift a fly ball to the outfield rather than get a hit. But if they bring a 5th guy in to play infield there as a lot of teams like to do, it's a pretty easy play to get the force at the plate if they don't bobble it.

As for Rogers: he's been pretty poor all season long when he's been asked to go on back-to-back days. He threw 30+ pitches last night in two innings. Today's outing puts his ERA on the second of back-to-back days at like 13.50.
I think the odds of him being safe at the plate + having one out left to get a hit were much higher than having a guy on third, with one out. That play at the plate had three things go very right for the Indians when the decision was already made to send him. Great bounce of the wall, great relay in, and great throw to the plate.

That is the way it goes. I was there and everyone thought we were winning the game when that ball left the bat and then we watched the Indians make a perfect play.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 12 1:41 pm

team22tank wrote:
Mon Aug 12 12:37 pm
Beauner wrote:
streakygopher wrote:

I think the odds of him being safe at the plate + having one out left to get a hit were much higher than having a guy on third, with one out. That play at the plate had three things go very right for the Indians when the decision was already made to send him. Great bounce of the wall, great relay in, and great throw to the plate.

That is the way it goes. I was there and everyone thought we were winning the game when that ball left the bat and then we watched the Indians make a perfect play.
Agreed. Diaz is waving Adrianza in before Naquin even gets the ball (base runners are taught to pick up the base coach when they are a little past half way to the base--roughly 35 feet). At that point the ball wasn't even in Naquin's hands. It probably seemed like he should score easily. I know off the bat I figured he'd be scoring easily.

Statcast had the COMBINED relay between Naquin first touching the ball and turning to throw, and Lindor catching and releasing the ball, at 1.67 seconds. That is extremely fast (this doesn't include the flight time of the ball).
Naquin's throw was measured at 91.9mph and exchange of 1.07 seconds (aided by the barehand fielding rather than gloving it). Lindor caught, pivoted, and threw in 0.60 seconds (which is ridiculously fast) and fired a 90.6mph throw to the plate. Both throws were perfectly located too, and both traveled between 160-170 feet. Give or take about .05 seconds, from the time Naquin touched the ball until the time the catcher caught it, 4.15 seconds elapsed.

That's a really really really good relay.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Aug 12 1:49 pm

Beauner wrote:
Mon Aug 12 1:41 pm
team22tank wrote:
Beauner wrote:
streakygopher wrote:

Agreed. Diaz is waving Adrianza in before Naquin even gets the ball (base runners are taught to pick up the base coach when they are a little past half way to the base--roughly 35 feet). At that point the ball wasn't even in Naquin's hands. It probably seemed like he should score easily. I know off the bat I figured he'd be scoring easily.

Statcast had the COMBINED relay between Naquin first touching the ball and turning to throw, and Lindor catching and releasing the ball, at 1.67 seconds. That is extremely fast (this doesn't include the flight time of the ball).
Naquin's throw was measured at 91.9mph and exchange of 1.07 seconds (aided by the barehand fielding rather than gloving it). Lindor caught, pivoted, and threw in 0.60 seconds (which is ridiculously fast) and fired a 90.6mph throw to the plate. Both throws were perfectly located too, and both traveled between 160-170 feet. Give or take about .05 seconds, from the time Naquin touched the ball until the time the catcher caught it, 4.15 seconds elapsed.

Is there anything (you’ll actually acknowledge) the Twins coaches ever screw up on this year....since Molly was fired? 😳 You basically shill for them like Sid did (before he turned completely senile) 😉 When Kepler homered next inning after CJ was gunned down by Puig (badly) you acted like Keplers homer was pre-ordained 😅...then rationalized that if Kepler bats with bases loaded and 1 out bottom 9th on Sunday, he most likely grounds the ball straight into the glove of a pulled in infielder for a force out at home :lol:

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Mon Aug 12 2:44 pm

To be fair, the decision to send/not send is a close one and could work out (or fail) either way. On paper, I like a runner on third with one out if the throw is even close.

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times

Post by The Rube » Mon Aug 12 2:47 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Mon Aug 12 2:44 pm
To be fair, the decision to send/not send is a close one and could work out (or fail) either way. On paper, I like a runner on third with one out if the throw is even close.
This.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by JWG » Mon Aug 12 3:00 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Mon Aug 12 2:44 pm
Then you have the sac fly as an option.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Dances With Gophers
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Dances With Gophers » Mon Aug 12 3:01 pm

:ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:
Suddenly, it all makes sense: "ND produces enough sugarbeets that produce enough sugar to sweeten 27 billion gallons of Kool-Aid." ND Fun Facts :ahhh:

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 12 5:55 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Aug 12 1:49 pm
Beauner wrote:
team22tank wrote:
Beauner wrote:
streakygopher wrote:

Is there anything (you’ll actually acknowledge) the Twins coaches ever screw up on this year....since Molly was fired? 😳 You basically shill for them like Sid did (before he turned completely senile) 😉 When Kepler homered next inning after CJ was gunned down by Puig (badly) you acted like Keplers homer was pre-ordained 😅...then rationalized that if Kepler bats with bases loaded and 1 out bottom 9th on Sunday, he most likely grounds the ball straight into the glove of a pulled in infielder for a force out at home :lol:
Me saying that if Kepler bats in that same inning (after the Cron play) that they would bring in a new pitcher to pitch to him is acting like his HR was pre-ordained? That was literally my only comment regarding the play.

Saying I understand why they sent Adrianza isn't the same as saying I agree with sending him. But some people on here seem to think that they were waving Adrianza around 3B while the catcher already had he ball.

I've also questioned using Rogers on back-to-back days.

The Cron send was brutal. Especially on Puig. Puig has a cannon. I also questioned (particularly on Twitter, since some people in here have done their best to make this thread boring to read and/or overly ridiculously negative), using Adrianza as a PR - something I criticized the previous staff for too.

As for Kepler yesterday, my comment was that if they hold Adrianza they have Schoop up, likely to be intentionally walked to load the bases to set up a lefty-lefty matchup with Kepler where all he'd need is to get the ball to the OF. Some people were acting like all he'd have to do was touch the ball for the game to be over. I was just simply stating that wasn't the case. Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Aug 12 6:38 pm

Thanks for the clarification. My delicate sensibilities are much less offended now 😉👍

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Mon Aug 12 7:58 pm

Beauner wrote:
team22tank wrote:
Beauner wrote:
streakygopher wrote:

Statcast? 4.15 seconds? Beam me up.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Aug 13 12:18 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Aug 12 6:38 pm
Thanks for the clarification. My delicate sensibilities are much less offended now 😉👍
They'll be back during your next cycle.
Currently under construction.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Aug 13 12:53 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Aug 13 12:18 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
At least (during this cycle) I knew Modano wasn’t a Wild GM candidate...genius 😉 :lol: :ahhh:

Slap Shot

Re: 2019-2020 Wild Season
Report Quote Like
Post Wed 8/07/19 3:05 pm

Why did the Wild bring in Modano and is he even seriously under consideration? Should he be?

Butters Stotch
Rookie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Butters Stotch » Tue Aug 13 5:20 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Aug 13 12:53 am
Slap Shot wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
Why did the Wild bring in Modano and is he even seriously under consideration? Should he be?
Maybe he (Modano) slept at a Holiday Inn Express recently........

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Aug 13 1:23 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
At least (during this cycle) I knew Modano wasn’t a Wild GM candidate...genius 😉 :lol: :ahhh:

Slap Shot

Report Quote Like

Yes thanks to you everyone's aware how much of a genius you are!!! :dup:

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Aug 13 3:05 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Aug 13 1:23 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:

Slap Shot

Report Quote Like

And how DUMB you are when it comes to the Wild...🤟

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Aug 13 5:26 pm

So, how are the Twins going to do tonight?

Only three more days til I can watch games again! Following along on gameday just isn’t the same.

Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Vegasgopher » Tue Aug 13 6:34 pm

Their pitcher is good, ours has been struggling which means we will win 10-7...

Greyeagle
Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 268 times

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Aug 13 8:14 pm

Polanco flashing some leather.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Maize
Veteran
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Maize » Tue Aug 13 9:43 pm

Maybe Kirilloff can pitch out of the bullpen.

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 36 times

Post by davescharf » Tue Aug 13 9:43 pm

And the bullpen is pissing down their leg again
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

fightclub30
Veteran
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by fightclub30 » Tue Aug 13 9:45 pm

Cleveland ties it almost exactly the same time Milwaukee takes the lead...

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Tue Aug 13 9:52 pm

If your pitcher is missing his spots by two feet, maybe pull him. Have somebody else ready to go.

Border Gopher
Veteran
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Border Gopher » Tue Aug 13 10:20 pm

Thank you Goldilocks!
"A real man makes his own puck luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

fightclub30
Veteran

Post by fightclub30 » Tue Aug 13 10:20 pm

Josh Hader auditioning for Twins Bullpen...

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Aug 13 10:20 pm

Back on top with a three run dinger! DON’T BLOW IT!

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Tue Aug 13 10:23 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Tue Aug 13 9:52 pm
If your pitcher is missing his spots by two feet, maybe pull him. Have somebody else ready to go.
Not knowing much about it I’d have thought they’d give the ball to Duffy in the 7th. It would be nice if Dyson gets his issues sorted out and can be that guy so we don’t have to see as much of Harper or Littel

Harper just hasn’t been that good of late. Let’s see if We can lock the game down now

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times

Post by The Rube » Tue Aug 13 10:24 pm

Yeah, baby!
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 39 times

Post by Bigbeer » Tue Aug 13 10:31 pm

Nice clean inning for Dyson but why the F is Braun bunting there?
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

fightclub30
Veteran

Post by fightclub30 » Tue Aug 13 10:31 pm

The Rube wrote:
Tue Aug 13 10:24 pm
Yeah, baby!
Where's the blue chew chewables ad? The entire back?

I can't even listen to that station anymore.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Aug 13 10:59 pm

:dance:

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Aug 13 11:01 pm

HUGE WIN tonight 👍

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Aug 14 2:27 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Aug 13 3:05 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Aug 13 1:23 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:

Slap Shot

Report Quote Like

And how DUMB you are when it comes to the Wild...🤟
Good Lord. :crazy: :lol:

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Bladepuller » Wed Aug 14 8:55 am

bearpaw28 and Slap Shot need to get time outs.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Aug 14 9:23 am

Bladepuller wrote:
Wed Aug 14 8:55 am

At least keep it in the Wild thread. I don’t read that one anymore. 😆

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Aug 14 10:14 am

Bladepuller wrote:
Wed Aug 14 8:55 am
When a guy butts into a innocuous back & forth I Initiated with Beauner...with a smart arse comment....after leaving a hanging curveball comment on another thread...well...thread crossover may occur

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 14 10:25 am

That was a really nice win. Hader has been sketch lately but it's still huge to have Gonzalez tag that HR.

Dyson looked great. Hopefully that 10 day break helped get himself right. It sure looked like it last night. Romo looked good too. He's fun to watch on the mound.

Harper is what he is. He has some nasty offspeed stuff that he can vary speeds with on the same pitch/break but if he not getting the spin it basically just gets hammered. I'm not sure I'd say he's been bad lately, as someone mentioned early. Before yesterday he's allowed 4 earned runs in his last 14 outings (2 against Oakland, 1 against Atlanta-2 total with one being unearned, and one in garbage time against Texas when they were up 15-6). His ERA was down to 2.96 before he got roughed up last night.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Wed Aug 14 10:27 am

Nice comeback win!

When they get Pineda back they should consider moving Smeltzer or Perez to the bullpen. All of our starters are having a hard time getting into the sixth inning. Hopefully this would help with the huge problem holding leads in the middle innings and give Baldelli another left handed option in the bullpen.

I don't understand why Kepler is still leading off with Cruz on the IL. Makes more sense to have Polanco or Arraez leadoff and have Kepler bat 5th, Rosario 3rd, and Sano 4th.
Last edited by Grovetown Scotty on Wed Aug 14 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 14 10:31 am

I'm fine with the idea of getting the guy who has done the most damage in the lineup as many at-bats as possible. Same reason they have Garver leading off against LHP quite frequently. The more chances he has to get to the plate, the better.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Wed Aug 14 10:34 am

Beauner wrote:
Wed Aug 14 10:31 am
I'm fine with the idea of getting the guy who has done the most damage in the lineup as many at-bats as possible. Same reason they have Garver leading off against LHP quite frequently. The more chances he has to get to the plate, the better.
Guess I'm old school.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 14 11:56 am

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Wed Aug 14 10:34 am
Beauner wrote:
Wed Aug 14 10:31 am
Guess I'm old school.
I understand the desire of wanting to have him bat 3-4-5 but with the flow the lineup has had all season long I'd have a hard time saying "oh yeah let's change it up in the middle of August" ya know? They're what, second or third in baseball in runs scored this season?

mnpuckguy
Rookie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by mnpuckguy » Wed Aug 14 1:54 pm

Kyle Gibson is awful!! How many times the Twins have given him a lead & he gives it away in the next inning? He is their least dependable starting pitcher!

mnpuckguy
Rookie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by mnpuckguy » Wed Aug 14 1:59 pm

Watching Gibson pitch is like getting a root canal!!

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 14 2:23 pm

For those not watching, the Twins lead 3-2 after 3. 😂

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Wed Aug 14 2:34 pm

Brilliant move by Counsel pitching around Gibson to get to Garver

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Aug 14 3:22 pm

FYI this game is the free game on the mlb app today.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Wed Aug 14 3:35 pm

I'd like to know how the Twins rotation compares to the league on average innings/start and base runners per inning. It seems like guys are on base and often in scoring position almost every inning.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Wed Aug 14 3:54 pm

When is the last time a Twin pitched a complete game?

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Aug 14 4:39 pm

Well now we need a ninth inning comeback. Damnit.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Wed Aug 14 4:46 pm

There's the bullpen failure we're getting used to....repeat of last night.

fightclub30
Veteran

Post by fightclub30 » Wed Aug 14 5:00 pm

Polanco's error looms large, as well as yet another bullpen meltdown

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Wed Aug 14 5:00 pm

No bail out this time...made it close in the 9th thanks to a pitcher who couldn't find the plate, but, alas, no hit was forthcoming.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Aug 14 5:01 pm

Walked the bases full in the top of the ninth and that was all we get. :anger: At least Cleveland is losing (lost?)

streakygopher
Golden
Golden

Post by streakygopher » Wed Aug 14 5:02 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Wed Aug 14 5:00 pm
Not only bullpen, but Gibson handed the ball off early. Seems like they have a bunch of 3 or four inning arms.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Aug 14 5:12 pm

I missed all the runs in the eighth - what was the “throwing error” by Polanco?

CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Wed Aug 14 5:56 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Aug 14 5:12 pm
On the lead off hitter of the inning he made an error on a throw to first base.

Maize
Veteran

Post by Maize » Wed Aug 14 6:22 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Wed Aug 14 5:02 pm

Not only bullpen, but Gibson handed the ball off early. Seems like they have a bunch of 3 or four inning arms.
Believe it or not, Twins actually rank 5th in MLB in innings pitched per start, and rank 7th in MLB in most quality starts.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Aug 14 6:34 pm

They stole the game Tuesday and blew the game today, so (objectively) they broke even ☝️

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Aug 14 6:52 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Aug 14 5:12 pm
Ground ball to Polanco. Polanco short-hopped Cron.

Radio guys said he threw more over the top than his usual sidearm throw he's been using this season.

As soon as I heard the error I knew they were in trouble. They had skated around danger all day and when Polanco have them new life i knew they were in trouble.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Wed Aug 14 7:01 pm

Good ballgame. Brewers pen>Twins pen today.

Baseball is becoming home run derby. The "new" baseball is a joke. If the league wants to use a hitter friendly baseball, raise the mound to 15 inches as it was before 1968 and level the playing field.
They are ruining the game with replays and a computer called strike zone will be the last straw for me.

fightclub30
Veteran

Post by fightclub30 » Thu Aug 15 9:02 am

streakygopher wrote:
Wed Aug 14 5:02 pm
fightclub30 wrote:
Wed Aug 14 5:00 pm
Pitching hasn't been great, but this kind of stuff needs to occur less often:

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Aug 15 8:34 pm

Wheee!

Greyeagle
Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 268 times

Post by Greyeagle » Thu Aug 15 8:45 pm

Twins - TD + 2 point conversion and a FG
Rangers - nada
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by JWG » Thu Aug 15 8:50 pm

Expected to see 4 homeruns tonight based on score. Surprised only two.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Aug 15 9:19 pm

Cleveland up 19-4 in the Bronx....wow.

Maize
Veteran

Post by Maize » Thu Aug 15 9:36 pm

Texas with a rare Triple TOOTBLAN.

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Karlsson » Thu Aug 15 9:36 pm

Well, at least we don't have the Rangers' third base coach.

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Karlsson » Thu Aug 15 9:59 pm

Arraez with another outstanding game.

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Thu Aug 15 10:08 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Thu Aug 15 9:59 pm
Arraez with another outstanding game.
It’s too bad he won’t qualify for the batting title. Heck of a rookie season for the kid though.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Aug 15 10:23 pm

Regarding an earlier post an electronic strike zone is 100% fine with me
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by D2D » Thu Aug 15 11:45 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Aug 15 10:23 pm
Regarding an earlier post an electronic strike zone is 100% fine with me
How accurate is it, though, in assessing exactly where the ball is when it crosses the plate, as opposed to where it ends up in the catcher's glove?

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Fri Aug 16 6:33 am

Sergio Romo is awesome.