Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14339
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by streakygopher » Fri Aug 09 11:45 am

Twins hitting is once in a generation, at least for this franchise. It seems the Vikings' best teams were strong on one side of the ball but rarely if ever on both. Since '91, the Twins had a number of teams that could play the fundamentals and eke out games (Radke years), but they were never strong enough offensively to put them over the top. Now, they have a team that can beat teams into submission - if only they had a solid pitching staff. It's frustrating as a fan to see that massive lead evaporate and start losing hope that your pitchers can turn it around. Just when they lure me back in....

It's down to a one-game lead and I'm starting to feel woozy. Like lighted-headed-from-carbon-monoxide-poisoning woozy.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10304
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 60 times
Age: 37

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by team22tank » Fri Aug 09 11:46 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Aug 09 9:25 am
Same thing as the Vikings. The "experts" said they'd be fine, but the general fan base that doesn't even pay much attention saw they needed pitching/OL help and cried for it and then it was the team's downfall.
The Vikings had an all rookie injured all off season, no camp, preseason, thrown in. Easton out for season and Berger retired.

They lost 2 of 5 lineman and one wasn't even close to 100% especially early. Not even the same.

In the last 4 years, they have added a first rounder, two seconds, and a third. And they have tried free agents.

When you have a five man unit you are trying to get up to Par 2 to 3 significant changes is going to hurt.

But anyway Go Twins, get back on track. Need to start crushing the ball this weekend.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10304
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 60 times
Age: 37

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by team22tank » Fri Aug 09 11:48 am

streakygopher wrote:
Fri Aug 09 11:45 am
Twins hitting is once in a generation, at least for this franchise. It seems the Vikings' best teams were strong on one side of the ball but rarely if ever on both. Since '91, the Twins had a number of teams that could play the fundamentals and eke out games (Radke years), but they were never strong enough offensively to put them over the top. Now, they have a team that can beat teams into submission - if only they had a solid pitching staff. It's frustrating as a fan to see that massive lead evaporate and start losing hope that your pitchers can turn it around. Just when they lure me back in....

It's down to a one-game lead and I'm starting to feel woozy. Like lighted-headed-from-carbon-monoxide-poisoning woozy.
Feels a little like 2001, can the Twins hang on and beat out the Indians? After many years of bad baseball it was a lot of fun having a team in the mix.

Hopefully this edition can figure it out and close it down.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14339
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by streakygopher » Fri Aug 09 11:52 am

Yeah, when was the last time you looked down at the 7-8-9 spots of a Twins' hitting line up and didn't automatically think, "Out, out, out"?

This teams has guys like Arraez, Cron and Sano hitting late in the line up. That has literally NEVER happened in my time as a Twins' fan.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10304
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 60 times
Age: 37

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by team22tank » Fri Aug 09 11:58 am

streakygopher wrote:
Fri Aug 09 11:52 am
Yeah, when was the last time you looked down at the 7-8-9 spots of a Twins' hitting line up and didn't automatically think, "Out, out, out"?

This teams has guys like Arraez, Cron and Sano hitting late in the line up. That has literally NEVER happened in my time as a Twins' fan.
I am talking about the standings and hanging on to the Indians (which was also the case in 2001), not the design of the team.

2001 the Twins came out of no where after many years of bad baseball similar this year's squad and the last 10 years. But 2001 couldn't quite hang-on down the stretch hopefully 2019 can.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5853
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 253 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Aug 09 3:17 pm

Cruz placed on 10 day IL

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14411
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Aug 09 3:31 pm

The nagging injuries just keep piling up.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3910
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 61 times
Age: 60

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Composer » Fri Aug 09 4:14 pm

JWG wrote:
Fri Aug 09 7:10 am
Composer wrote:
Thu Aug 08 2:14 pm
I'm going to tonight's game. I'm on a 7-game losing streak. :ahhh:
8 :(
Sadly, I’ll be going for #9 on Saturday.

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2695
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 294 times
Been liked: 106 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by D2D » Fri Aug 09 4:22 pm

Composer wrote:
Fri Aug 09 4:14 pm
Sadly, I’ll be going for #9 on Saturday.
Hope the team doesn't share your pessimism!
D2D - GMH season ticket holder since 1972, and counting

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4832
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by gopher6 » Fri Aug 09 4:38 pm


User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19419
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 805 times
Been liked: 589 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Aug 09 4:55 pm

gopher6 wrote:
Fri Aug 09 4:38 pm
Grateful Dead Tribute night 9-6-19
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... -IG9A7TG8x
Uncle John's Team! :)
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5853
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 253 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Aug 09 6:05 pm

From the Strib. It's more than a sprain for Cruz
UPDATE: Cruz has a ruptured tendon in his left wrist. Sounds bad, but he doesn't feel any more pain. Justin Morneau said he did the same thing in 2012 and was able to keep swinging a bat. So the Twins are hopeful Cruz won't miss an extended period of time.

"This is an injury you can work through," Twins manager Rocco Baldelli said.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14411
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Aug 09 7:56 pm

So glad when we needed a starter they went and got one.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Feb 19 3:04 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Fri Aug 09 8:25 pm

Composer wrote:
Fri Aug 09 4:14 pm
JWG wrote:
Fri Aug 09 7:10 am
Composer wrote:
Thu Aug 08 2:14 pm
I'm going to tonight's game. I'm on a 7-game losing streak. :ahhh:
8 :(
Sadly, I’ll be going for #9 on Saturday.
Breaking News Flash - For the good of the team the Twins have decided to ban Composer from attending games. Twins spokesperson is quoted as saying "Due to the tightness of the race every game is crucial so we have to do what is best for the team." #SorryNotSorry :biggrin2:

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14411
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Aug 09 8:44 pm

So glad ownership decided to hit the flush handle at the deadline.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3910
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 61 times
Age: 60

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Composer » Fri Aug 09 8:50 pm

:conf2:
CollegeHockeyAddict wrote:
Fri Aug 09 8:25 pm
Composer wrote:
Fri Aug 09 4:14 pm
JWG wrote:
Fri Aug 09 7:10 am
Composer wrote:
Thu Aug 08 2:14 pm
I'm going to tonight's game. I'm on a 7-game losing streak. :ahhh:
8 :(
Sadly, I’ll be going for #9 on Saturday.
Breaking News Flash - For the good of the team the Twins have decided to ban Composer from attending games. Twins spokesperson is quoted as saying "Due to the tightness of the race every game is crucial so we have to do what is best for the team." #SorryNotSorry :biggrin2:
080D7032-7E91-432D-A104-30761AE3CF9D.jpeg

User avatar
CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Feb 19 3:04 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Fri Aug 09 8:52 pm

Composer wrote:
Fri Aug 09 8:50 pm
:conf2:
CollegeHockeyAddict wrote:
Fri Aug 09 8:25 pm
Composer wrote:
Fri Aug 09 4:14 pm
JWG wrote:
Fri Aug 09 7:10 am
Composer wrote:
Thu Aug 08 2:14 pm
I'm going to tonight's game. I'm on a 7-game losing streak. :ahhh:
8 :(
Sadly, I’ll be going for #9 on Saturday.
Breaking News Flash - For the good of the team the Twins have decided to ban Composer from attending games. Twins spokesperson is quoted as saying "Due to the tightness of the race every game is crucial so we have to do what is best for the team." #SorryNotSorry :biggrin2:
080D7032-7E91-432D-A104-30761AE3CF9D.jpeg
Well played :dup:

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14339
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by streakygopher » Fri Aug 09 10:31 pm

Two huge games to flip the division lead, and Cleveland pitchers easily best Gibson and Smeltzer. Minnesota with nice crowds two consecutive nights and the team couldn't get it done. Four straight losses to playoff bound teams and unfortunately for the Twins it's a gloomy omen of how things are going down in the playoffs - if they even make it.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31413
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 228 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Fri Aug 09 10:38 pm

Trade everyone. We're done.

FIRST.

;)
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Armadillo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 12523
Joined: Mon Nov 14 12:11 pm
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 42

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Armadillo » Fri Aug 09 10:41 pm

Liquidate all the team's assets, including the elderly club ushers. Raid the Manny's stands for the garlic toast. Make Target Field the world's largest chili bread bowl.
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube

Have a question about comas? Ask me, I've been in one!

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28616
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 270 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Fri Aug 09 11:13 pm

They still have the 4th best record in all of baseball (now tied for 4th with Cleveland).
My god people. It's not like they are barely hovering above .500
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31413
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 228 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Fri Aug 09 11:17 pm

Beauner wrote:
Fri Aug 09 11:13 pm
They still have the 4th best record in all of baseball (now tied for 4th with Cleveland).
My god people. It's not like they are barely hovering above .500
If you said their record right now, and position, in spring, people would be pitching tents (so to speak) right now. But the path we took......they are now sh*ing their shorts.

Welcome to sports.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3179
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Fri Aug 09 11:20 pm

Beauner wrote:
Fri Aug 09 11:13 pm
They still have the 4th best record in all of baseball (now tied for 4th with Cleveland).
My god people. It's not like they are barely hovering above .500
Agreed. This is a new low for Minnesota "fans."

Clarification: This is more in response to fans across all media, not just here.
Last edited by Karlsson on Fri Aug 09 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7390
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Thirty-Four » Fri Aug 09 11:34 pm

It's been 17 years since we've won a playoff series.

Yes, the pitching is suspect. Yes, no owner of the team has spent what we would like on the team. Yes, I'm enjoying this team and plan to continue to.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19419
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 805 times
Been liked: 589 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Aug 09 11:37 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:
Fri Aug 09 11:34 pm
It's been 17 years since we've won a playoff series.

Yes, the pitching is suspect. Yes, no owner of the team has spent what we would like on the team. Yes, I'm enjoying this team and plan to continue to.
This attitude is not allowed here.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5166
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 60 times
Age: 45

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by J22 » Sat Aug 10 12:01 am

Beauner wrote:
Fri Aug 09 11:13 pm
They still have the 4th best record in all of baseball (now tied for 4th with Cleveland).
My god people. It's not like they are barely hovering above .500
23-24 in their last 47 dating back to the middle of June.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3179
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Sat Aug 10 12:16 am

J22 wrote:
Sat Aug 10 12:01 am
Beauner wrote:
Fri Aug 09 11:13 pm
They still have the 4th best record in all of baseball (now tied for 4th with Cleveland).
My god people. It's not like they are barely hovering above .500
23-24 in their last 47 dating back to the middle of June.
Right. Good thing the season didn't start in the middle of June.

Cripes. The Twins are in contention into August. No one saw that coming. Would it be nice if they had some more tools to really go the distance? Sure. But FFS it's the damn managers first year and the fruits of completely overhauling the system a couple seasons ago are starting to show. Also, CLEVELAND IS EFFING GOOD. Maybe better than the Twins. Deal with it.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5762
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Aug 10 12:21 am

An 11 game lead over Cleveland has been erased. They clearly needed pitching help at the trade deadline and the 2 moves they made haven’t made much (if any) of a positive difference. In a year they have a punchers chance to do some damage in the playoffs, ownership & mgmt cheaped out AGAIN. Accordingly I think Twins fans have the right to be a little pissy at this juncture 😳

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3179
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Sat Aug 10 12:27 am

Seriously. If the Twins wouldn't have been on absolute fire while at the same time the Indians unexpectedly sucking out of the gate the conversation would be completely different. They should have lost a few more games and been down 5 gamess right now instead. People would be over the damn moon about that.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31413
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 228 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 10 12:29 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Aug 10 12:21 am
An 11 game lead over Cleveland has been erased. They clearly needed pitching help at the trade deadline and the 2 moves they made haven’t made much (if any) of a positive difference. In a year they have a punchers chance to do some damage in the playoffs, ownership & mgmt cheaped out AGAIN. Accordingly I think Twins fans have the right to be a little pissy at this juncture 😳
You do realize that we were NEVER EXPECTED TO BE IN THIS PLACE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Right?

A golden goose could produce twice over and MN would look for the sh* it would bring. Jesus.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5762
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Aug 10 12:34 am

The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 10 12:29 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Aug 10 12:21 am
An 11 game lead over Cleveland has been erased. They clearly needed pitching help at the trade deadline and the 2 moves they made haven’t made much (if any) of a positive difference. In a year they have a punchers chance to do some damage in the playoffs, ownership & mgmt cheaped out AGAIN. Accordingly I think Twins fans have the right to be a little pissy at this juncture 😳
You do realize that we were NEVER EXPECTED TO BE IN THIS PLACE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Right?

A golden goose could produce twice over and MN would look for the sh* it would bring. Jesus.
I don’t give a flying 🤬 what was expected in March. I simply know we have a good team this year and ownership sat on their collective hands and counted their flush 💰at the trade deadline.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3179
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Karlsson » Sat Aug 10 12:50 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Aug 10 12:34 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 10 12:29 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Aug 10 12:21 am
An 11 game lead over Cleveland has been erased. They clearly needed pitching help at the trade deadline and the 2 moves they made haven’t made much (if any) of a positive difference. In a year they have a punchers chance to do some damage in the playoffs, ownership & mgmt cheaped out AGAIN. Accordingly I think Twins fans have the right to be a little pissy at this juncture 😳
You do realize that we were NEVER EXPECTED TO BE IN THIS PLACE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Right?

A golden goose could produce twice over and MN would look for the sh* it would bring. Jesus.
I don’t give a flying 🤬 what was expected in March. I simply know we have a good team this year and ownership sat on their collective hands and counted their flush 💰at the trade deadline.
I'm not defending the Pohlads, but this team couldn't have gotten the help needed this year. There's simply too many holes in the pitching staff. Yes there is no cap, but there's still a market rate. Teams that had the arms they wanted were either in contention and not selling, or asking for many of your top prospects.

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sat Aug 10 6:24 am

Looking at the pitching matchups going into the series you would have to say that Cleveland would have been favored to win the first two games. “Moonshot” Gibson would have to outpitch Clevinger and the rookie would have to outpitch Beiber for the Twins to win.

The good news is with Odorizzi and Berrios the Twins have a pretty good shot at a split against the back end of their rotation.

With Kluber coming back it will be tough to catch the Indians if we fall behind.

Even if the Twins would have gotten a starting pitcher at the trade deadline would our starting 3 pitchers be better than the Indians top 3? It would have been nice to have seen it happen though.

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Vegasgopher » Sat Aug 10 6:28 am

Their 2 best pitchers beat our 2 "worst," now we have our 2 best the next 2 games...win at least 1 and we're fine

I wouldn't have mortgaged a very bright future for help this year, and judging by the available pool at the deadline I didn't see any world beaters available that wouldn't have cost both Lewis and krilloff...I wouldn't have signed Kimbrel for 3 years and the $ he got, he hasn't been good....kuechel hasn't been real good...

I bet this winter there will be better choices to get some arms...

I still think they win the division, Cleve cannot sustain the run they've been on just to get back to even... they are 30 games over since June 3!!! We are 2 over in that span...they came and got us, we haven't collapsed

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3481
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 44 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by HockeyBum » Sat Aug 10 8:50 am

Vegasgopher wrote:
Sat Aug 10 6:28 am
I still think they win the division, Cleve cannot sustain the run they've been on just to get back to even... they are 30 games over since June 3!!! We are 2 over in that span...they came and got us, we haven't collapsed
I disagree. They're tied now, so all they need to do is play better than Minnesota for the next month and a half. Cleveland has 2 pretty dominant starting pitchers, and a 3rd dominant pitcher coming back soon. The Twins have Berrios... and I'm not so sure about calling him an Ace lately.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14411
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Aug 10 9:01 am

The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 10 12:29 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Aug 10 12:21 am
An 11 game lead over Cleveland has been erased. They clearly needed pitching help at the trade deadline and the 2 moves they made haven’t made much (if any) of a positive difference. In a year they have a punchers chance to do some damage in the playoffs, ownership & mgmt cheaped out AGAIN. Accordingly I think Twins fans have the right to be a little pissy at this juncture 😳
You do realize that we were NEVER EXPECTED TO BE IN THIS PLACE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Right?

A golden goose could produce twice over and MN would look for the sh* it would bring. Jesus.
Teams need to strike when opportunities happen. Or you get Mauer's career all over again.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
team22tank
Veteran
Posts: 10304
Joined: Tue Jun 19 6:08 pm
Location: AV
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 60 times
Age: 37

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by team22tank » Sat Aug 10 9:20 am

HockeyBum wrote:
Sat Aug 10 8:50 am
Vegasgopher wrote:
Sat Aug 10 6:28 am
I still think they win the division, Cleve cannot sustain the run they've been on just to get back to even... they are 30 games over since June 3!!! We are 2 over in that span...they came and got us, we haven't collapsed
I disagree. They're tied now, so all they need to do is play better than Minnesota for the next month and a half. Cleveland has 2 pretty dominant starting pitchers, and a 3rd dominant pitcher coming back soon. The Twins have Berrios... and I'm not so sure about calling him an Ace lately.
Cleveland is a solid team and they were not 100% early and the Twins were red hot.

Cleveland may not keep up their pace since June 3rd but they will most likely finish strong.

The Twins have zero shot to back in, the lead is gone. If they get in it is going to be because of a strong finish.

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2695
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 294 times
Been liked: 106 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by D2D » Sat Aug 10 5:55 pm

LET'S GO TWINS!

(time to reverse the slide)
D2D - GMH season ticket holder since 1972, and counting

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5762
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Aug 10 9:24 pm

I LOVE this rookie Arraez👍 Kid is poised & clutch 💰

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14411
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Aug 10 9:29 pm

So dumb to send the runner with Kepler on deck.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Posts: 20317
Joined: Sat Oct 02 8:53 pm
Location: Maple Grove
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 62 times
Age: 28

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by gopherguy13 » Sat Aug 10 9:29 pm

Horrific decision to send Cron there, yikes.
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5762
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Aug 10 9:30 pm

You can’t run on Puig from 2nd on a one bounce line drive with CJ Cron 🤬 He was out by 5 feet. Puig has a cannon.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14411
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Aug 10 9:43 pm

And Kepler homers.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28616
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 270 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Aug 10 10:35 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sat Aug 10 9:43 pm
And Kepler homers.
Seems like a 99.9% probability that if they don't end the inning with Cron on the plate, Cleveland brings in a lefty to pitch to Kepler.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28616
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 270 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Aug 10 10:35 pm

If Sano didn't endcap that ball, it might have left the stadium 😳
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5379
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 70 times
Age: 34

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Snowcool08 » Sat Aug 10 10:36 pm

Dick Bremer: “Deep to Orbit...but caught.” He’s gotta calm down a bit.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19419
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 805 times
Been liked: 589 times
Age: 53

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Greyeagle » Sat Aug 10 10:36 pm

“INTO ORBIT!!!....but caught.”
~ Dick Bremer
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28616
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 270 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Aug 10 10:42 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Sat Aug 10 10:36 pm
Dick Bremer: “Deep to Orbit...but caught.” He’s gotta calm down a bit.
He's the same guy who once made a call "FLY BALL DEEP TO LEFT!!" on a ball Jason Bartlett caught about 15 feet out of the infield.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28616
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 270 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sat Aug 10 10:43 pm

Wow that was a hell of a turn
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7390
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Thirty-Four » Sat Aug 10 10:44 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sat Aug 10 10:42 pm
Snowcool08 wrote:
Sat Aug 10 10:36 pm
Dick Bremer: “Deep to Orbit...but caught.” He’s gotta calm down a bit.
He's the same guy who once made a call "FLY BALL DEEP TO LEFT!!" on a ball Jason Bartlett caught about 15 feet out of the infield.
Some of us have been living with Dick's depth perception issues since you were an itch in your daddy's pants. :wink: :oops:

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2695
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 294 times
Been liked: 106 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by D2D » Sun Aug 11 11:59 am

Thirty-Four wrote:
Sat Aug 10 10:44 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sat Aug 10 10:42 pm
Snowcool08 wrote:
Sat Aug 10 10:36 pm
Dick Bremer: “Deep to Orbit...but caught.” He’s gotta calm down a bit.
He's the same guy who once made a call "FLY BALL DEEP TO LEFT!!" on a ball Jason Bartlett caught about 15 feet out of the infield.
Some of us have been living with Dick's depth perception issues since you were an itch in your daddy's pants. :wink: :oops:
Overall I think Bremer does an admirable job, but I had to laugh when I read this. :lol:
D2D - GMH season ticket holder since 1972, and counting

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Aug 11 12:05 pm

Nice win for the Twins. Berrios needs to pitch like the "ace" of the staff today and give the Twins a chance to regain their 2 game lead.

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3910
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 61 times
Age: 60

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Composer » Sun Aug 11 1:07 pm

Composer wrote:
Fri Aug 09 4:14 pm
JWG wrote:
Fri Aug 09 7:10 am
Composer wrote:
Thu Aug 08 2:14 pm
I'm going to tonight's game. I'm on a 7-game losing streak. :ahhh:
8 :(
Sadly, I’ll be going for #9 on Saturday.
Last night I shed the putrid skin of Loser and stepped into the bright light of victory!

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14411
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Aug 11 1:18 pm

Sigh
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5762
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Aug 11 4:19 pm

Who the hell is the Twins 3rd base coach? Could have had winning run at 3rd with 1 out. Gunned down by 5 🤬 feet for 2nd time in 3 games!

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14411
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Aug 11 4:23 pm

Another stupid send. Dumb dumb dumb. And now Rogers is going to lose it.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14411
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Aug 11 4:27 pm

And that's the season. No pitching.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4832
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by gopher6 » Sun Aug 11 4:30 pm

Boom grand slam with 0 outs

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3910
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 61 times
Age: 60

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Composer » Sun Aug 11 4:31 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:23 pm
Another stupid send. Dumb dumb dumb. And now Rogers is going to lose it.
I don’t have a problem with the send. You have a chance to win, and you’ll still have a player in scoring position.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5762
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Aug 11 4:32 pm

Don’t ever bunt, right Beauner? EXCEPT if your name is Chuck Knoblauch in game 7 of the WS...or a Cleveland Indian player today....

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7762
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 185 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by JWG » Sun Aug 11 4:36 pm

Wow... just when I wasn’t thinking pitching was going to be the issue.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5762
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Aug 11 4:38 pm

Twins don’t have a legitimate closer. They have a legitimate setup guy in Rogers but no true closer. Who knew 🙄

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7444
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Aug 11 4:45 pm

Composer wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:31 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:23 pm
Another stupid send. Dumb dumb dumb. And now Rogers is going to lose it.
I don’t have a problem with the send. You have a chance to win, and you’ll still have a player in scoring position.
There was also 2 perfect throws by Cleveland to get him.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7642
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 417 times
Age: 33

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Aug 11 4:46 pm

Well that was one helluva way to blow a game. Bummer.

User avatar
F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Feb 16 11:09 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by F Da Sue » Sun Aug 11 4:47 pm

No worries. With attendance being so high this year I’m sure all of that extra revenue will flow to top notch free agent pitching this winter. :lol:

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3481
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 44 times
Contact:

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by HockeyBum » Sun Aug 11 4:48 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:19 pm
Who the hell is the Twins 3rd base coach? Could have had winning run at 3rd with 1 out. Gunned down by 5 🤬 feet for 2nd time in 3 games!
Really dumb to send the runner there. The game was already tied. Stop Adrianza, and you have runners at 2nd & 3rd with 1 out. With the double-play pretty much eliminated, you have 2 batters to get that runner on 3rd home. Instead Adrianza is out by a mile and you just killed your momentum. :ddown:

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14411
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 52

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Aug 11 4:50 pm

Composer wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:31 pm
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:23 pm
Another stupid send. Dumb dumb dumb. And now Rogers is going to lose it.
I don’t have a problem with the send. You have a chance to win, and you’ll still have a player in scoring position.
One out with a guy on third. No way I send him.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5762
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Aug 11 4:54 pm

F Da Sue wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:47 pm
No worries. With attendance being so high this year I’m sure all of that extra revenue will flow to top notch free agent pitching this winter. :lol:
LMAO :dup: Nicely done FDS...that’s the funniest post I’ve seen in a very long while 😂 kudos

User avatar
Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Feb 01 8:43 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Sun Aug 11 5:00 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:19 pm
Who the hell is the Twins 3rd base coach? Could have had winning run at 3rd with 1 out. Gunned down by 5 🤬 feet for 2nd time in 3 games!
Totally agree. Runner on first has to hold up to see if the LF catch’s the ball with one out. With two outs he scores easy. Winning run would have been on third with one out.
Total buzzkill.

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5379
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 70 times
Age: 34

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Aug 11 5:21 pm

HockeyBum wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:48 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:19 pm
Who the hell is the Twins 3rd base coach? Could have had winning run at 3rd with 1 out. Gunned down by 5 🤬 feet for 2nd time in 3 games!
Really dumb to send the runner there. The game was already tied. Stop Adrianza, and you have runners at 2nd & 3rd with 1 out. With the double-play pretty much eliminated, you have 2 batters to get that runner on 3rd home. Instead Adrianza is out by a mile and you just killed your momentum. :ddown:
They would have just walked the next batter to get the double play in effect.

maroon_and_gold
Veteran
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Jan 31 3:59 pm
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by maroon_and_gold » Sun Aug 11 5:31 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Sun Aug 11 5:21 pm
HockeyBum wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:48 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Aug 11 4:19 pm
Who the hell is the Twins 3rd base coach? Could have had winning run at 3rd with 1 out. Gunned down by 5 🤬 feet for 2nd time in 3 games!
Really dumb to send the runner there. The game was already tied. Stop Adrianza, and you have runners at 2nd & 3rd with 1 out. With the double-play pretty much eliminated, you have 2 batters to get that runner on 3rd home. Instead Adrianza is out by a mile and you just killed your momentum. :ddown:
They would have just walked the next batter to get the double play in effect.
Walk the 9 batter to pitch to Kepler?😬idk about that

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5762
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Aug 11 5:32 pm

Yeah, but they would have been forced to pull the infield & outfield in with the bases loaded..with a routine Gene Larkin fly ball being a game winner, among MANY game winning scenarios. It’s not like the guy they. sent was running on the crack of the bat (with only one out) and while he has speed, it’s not Buxton like speed. You can’t send him with one out unless you’re darn sure he scores. It was a 🤬 up...plain & simple...wasn’t even a close play at home plate.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28616
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 270 times
Age: 32

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by Beauner » Sun Aug 11 5:42 pm

I understand why Diaz sent him. He's at full speed 10-15 feet from the bag as Naquin is turning to throw it in. If there is even a slight bobble or the throw is off line a hair or Lindor's relay is off, Adrianza likely scores easily. Especially with the blocking the plate of rules.

The bigger gripe I have is that the team still uses Adrianza as a PR. He's 0.1 feet/second faster than CJ Cron at top speed (26.3 fps compared to 26.2). That is not fast. To put it in perspective: Miguel Sano is at 26.5 feet/second.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5762
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Aug 11 5:47 pm

He sent 2 guys in 3 games that were both gunned down by 5 feet. With Cron with 2 outs it made sense (they were already leading anyway). With Adrianza and one out it DIDN’T☝️

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14339
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Minnesota Twins 2014-2020: Here's Your Damn Thread

Post by streakygopher » Sun Aug 11 7:00 pm

I like aggressive base running, but I agree that sending Adrianza was the wrong decision. With a guy at third and one out it changes the at bat for (was it?) Schoop. Looking to convert a pitch to a medium deep fly ball or hitting a ground ball away is better than having to hit safely. It's possible that even the grounder to third might score Adrianza...never know but we'll never find out.

The Twins' "ace" set a bad tone early by going out and getting hit around the first couple innings.

Twins miss Buxton and now Cruz, but Cleveland was easily the better team this weekend. It seemed like the Indians had base runners pretty much every inning these past four games. I'd trade Twins pitchers for theirs in a hot second.

And what's with Rogers? Geezus, suddenly this guy is the poster boy for a shaky pitching staff.

Post Reply