MN Wild 2021-22 season

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 304 times

Re: MN Wild 2021-22 season

Post by Karlsson » Wed Oct 13 12:02 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Wed Oct 13 11:30 am
Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Oct 13 10:45 am
Does nobody use cable or satellite tv anymore? We don’t have a problem getting most sports games…..for now. I know most platforms are pushing viewers toward steaming by taking away content access on non-streaming routes so I’m sure it’s coming.
What's happening is that a lot of people dropped Cable/Satellite because they don't want to pay for all the channels they never watch. I can't really blame them on that front.

But, they then turn around and complain when something is only available on Cable/Satellite. They decided to take a step before all the content was ready for that step, and aren't happy about the trade-offs that they have to make to do so.
It is important to remember that when people made this step, the content was on the streaming services. Were they supposed to be clairvoyant and know Sinclair was going to screw them?

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 700 times
Been liked: 219 times

Post by Steve MN » Wed Oct 13 12:06 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Wed Oct 13 12:02 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:
Does nobody use cable or satellite tv anymore? We don’t have a problem getting most sports games…..for now. I know most platforms are pushing viewers toward steaming by taking away content access on non-streaming routes so I’m sure it’s coming.
What's happening is that a lot of people dropped Cable/Satellite because they don't want to pay for all the channels they never watch. I can't really blame them on that front.

But, they then turn around and complain when something is only available on Cable/Satellite. They decided to take a step before all the content was ready for that step, and aren't happy about the trade-offs that they have to make to do so.
It is important to remember that when people made this step, the content was on the streaming services. Were they supposed to be clairvoyant and know Sinclair was going to screw them?
Was this a new change in the last few days? Or was this known for a while and people could have decided how they wanted to deal with things going forward? Which services carry which channels has always been in constant flux, why would we expect that to stop?
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Wed Oct 13 1:19 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Wed Oct 13 12:06 pm
Karlsson wrote:
Wed Oct 13 12:02 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

Was this a new change in the last few days? Or was this known for a while and people could have decided how they wanted to deal with things going forward? Which services carry which channels has always been in constant flux, why would we expect that to stop?
Huh? Never mind. I'll put it this way as we might be talking about different situations.

I know quite a few people that waited to cut the cord specifically because of sports. Then, streaming providers had the local sports channel! Hooray, made the switch. Sports channel goes away, and stays away. Screw them they should have known better? They should just pay a bunch more money and switch back for a channel they had after the switch? In my opinion they have reason to be huffy about it.

I do think it will all come full circle eventually, though. As more and more networks and production companies spin out their own streaming applications and remove their content from anything other, cable or satellite will once again be cheapest.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 628 times

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Oct 13 4:49 pm

Has Dish added KARE or NBC or whatever back yet?
Currently under construction.

Border Gopher
Veteran
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Border Gopher » Thu Oct 14 10:26 am

ex_goldy wrote:
Wed Oct 13 10:29 am
I hate the lack of streaming options. I’m losing my interest in anything on Bally’s since my TV provider is YoutubeTV and wondering if younger generation even misses it or follows it since they are only internet streamers. If they want more fans why wouldn’t they want people to know the team is even there? When I think of it I’ll see how they are doing but I know I’m less likely to go to any games since I don’t ever see them in action on TV. I used to go to a few games a year, not a season ticket holder but there’s got to be a lost audience factor with this Bally’s BS.
I'm a Youtube TV user and I am actually pretty set for watching the Wild at this point. It's just a matter of confirming everything works. I already get ESPN+ as I am a big follower of a certain English soccer club (that gets far in domestic cup competitions only available via ESPN+). As far as I'm aware ESPN+ is going to have every game available that isn't carried nationally. So everything that is on Bally's should be available on ESPN+. The caveat is that they will be blacked out for us, which is where something like Unlocator comes in. It provides you with alternative DNS servers/IPs to plug into your streaming device (Apple TV in my case), which will trick ESPN+ into thinking you are in another region. ESPN+ and Unlocator run about $11 a month.
"A real man makes his own [puck] luck." - Billy Zane, Titanic

ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by ex_goldy » Thu Oct 14 12:23 pm

Border Gopher wrote:
Thu Oct 14 10:26 am
ex_goldy wrote:
I hate the lack of streaming options. I’m losing my interest in anything on Bally’s since my TV provider is YoutubeTV and wondering if younger generation even misses it or follows it since they are only internet streamers. If they want more fans why wouldn’t they want people to know the team is even there? When I think of it I’ll see how they are doing but I know I’m less likely to go to any games since I don’t ever see them in action on TV. I used to go to a few games a year, not a season ticket holder but there’s got to be a lost audience factor with this Bally’s BS.
I'm a Youtube TV user and I am actually pretty set for watching the Wild at this point. It's just a matter of confirming everything works. I already get ESPN+ as I am a big follower of a certain English soccer club (that gets far in domestic cup competitions only available via ESPN+). As far as I'm aware ESPN+ is going to have every game available that isn't carried nationally. So everything that is on Bally's should be available on ESPN+. The caveat is that they will be blacked out for us, which is where something like Unlocator comes in. It provides you with alternative DNS servers/IPs to plug into your streaming device (Apple TV in my case), which will trick ESPN+ into thinking you are in another region. ESPN+ and Unlocator run about $11 a month.
I checked the Wild TV schedule and it only shows a bunch of games in October on espn+ and only a couple the rest of the year. I didn’t see anywhere that stated they would carry all of them. I would sign up for a year for $60 if it was. If there’s a dns tool or a VPN I can use (Mozilla has one) that hides my IP that would work. Not sure if VPN would show the location, if they use IP it should work.
My rant is how they are restricting access and if it costs them fans then long term it’s going to hurt hockey.

Thanks for the Info Border Gopher!

Border Gopher
Veteran

Post by Border Gopher » Thu Oct 14 12:35 pm

ex_goldy wrote:
Thu Oct 14 12:23 pm
Border Gopher wrote:
Thu Oct 14 10:26 am
ex_goldy wrote:
I checked the Wild TV schedule and it only shows a bunch of games in October on espn+ and only a couple the rest of the year. I didn’t see anywhere that stated they would carry all of them. I would sign up for a year for $60 if it was. If there’s a dns tool or a VPN I can use (Mozilla has one) that hides my IP that would work. Not sure if VPN would show the location, if they use IP it should work.
My rant is how they are restricting access and if it costs them fans then long term it’s going to hurt hockey.

Thanks for the Info Border Gopher!
They are advertising over 1,000+ out of market games, which if you break it down is basically the number that would be on the regional networks. The games you are seeing on the schedule would be the ESPN+ exclusives. VPN should work, but the cool thing about Smart DNS services is that they don't affect your network speed as it doesn't put your connection through a tunnel (like VPN would). I haven't used Unlocator before, but I did try a different service last season when NHL.tv was still a thing and it worked like a charm. I will post an update when I can say my setup is 100% working for getting around lack of Bally's.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-14 123130.png

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Vegoe » Thu Oct 14 2:06 pm

I'm using Nord VPN and signed up for the two year plan with them, so it's like $2 or $3 a month for the VPN and then get the Disney-Hulu-ESPN+ bundle. Sure is nice to be able to watch pretty much any game for that price. I was able to get the Wild preseason games on Bally's, so expecting no problems once the season gets underway.

Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Thu Oct 14 4:09 pm

A buddy of mine is a huge Wild fan who bet me $20 that the Wild will make the playoffs AND win a series. I gave him 3-1 odds. Who's the idiot, him or me?

J22
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by J22 » Thu Oct 14 4:44 pm

Don Adams Wheel of Justice wrote:
Thu Oct 14 4:09 pm
A buddy of mine is a huge Wild fan who bet me $20 that the Wild will make the playoffs AND win a series. I gave him 3-1 odds. Who's the idiot, him or me?
The making the playoffs part is a complete toss-up imo. Outside of Colorado and Arizona, I see all the other central teams as just as likely to make or miss the playoffs.

The winning the 1st round part of the bet would have me putting my money on your side

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Oct 14 5:34 pm

Don Adams Wheel of Justice wrote:
Thu Oct 14 4:09 pm
You should have bet $100. :wink:

trixR4kids
Veteran
Has liked: 352 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by trixR4kids » Thu Oct 14 5:47 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
I have Comcast but that’s mostly because I have their highest tier internet and the internet alone costs like 2/3 of the bill, the cable part isn’t that bad. If I only did internet and streaming I’d prob be losing money/content in some fashion.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 385 times

Post by Beauner » Thu Oct 14 11:53 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
I have Xfinity and I know my parents have a cable company too.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Oct 15 12:02 am

I have Comcast, but it's streaming only. No box, can cancel any time. Cheaper with internet than what I was paying for internet + YTTV.
Loserville, USA
111 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 565 times

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Oct 15 4:59 am

We also have Comcast/Xfinity. Price is steep but I get all the channels and I love my internet speed.

fightclub30
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 148 times

Post by fightclub30 » Fri Oct 15 12:54 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Oct 15 12:02 am
I have Comcast, but it's streaming only. No box, can cancel any time. Cheaper with internet than what I was paying for internet + YTTV.
MediaCom is the only option where I live... We tired it for about 14 months. After the opening year offer, the price went up significantly. We were paying almost $220/month for cable and internet. There were monthly fees like a regional sports fee, a local broadcasting fee, etc. Internet would go out frequently.

Switched to DirecTV. Had a problem with the equipment we were forced to rent from them every month. They wanted us to buy new equipment. Similar stories, after the opening offer the price went up significantly. Switched to DISH and just got sick of the constant carriage battles - AMC, Kare11/NBC, Fox Sports/Bally Sports, etc. Plus with each one, by the time I paid for 2-3 extra boxes each month at $7-$8 per box, all the fees, it was just as expensive as MediaCom.

Tried Hulu and YouTubeTV. Settled with YouTubeTV. Paying just under $70 after all taxes and fees, and have CentruyLink for $50 flat. So just shy of $120 for TV and Internet. I will take the $100/month savings over watching the Twins and Wild right now. Plus don't have to worry about too much rain or snow/ice covering the dish, which seemed to happen 7-8 times a year.

All that, to say everyone's situation is different, and there is no one-size-fits-all approach.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 835 times

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Oct 15 5:56 pm

Is the Wild season opener really not on TV tonight? Was looking forward to watching the end after we got home from Mariucci. I presume ESPN+ is only streaming.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 158 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri Oct 15 6:09 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Oct 15 5:56 pm
Is the Wild season opener really not on TV tonight? Was looking forward to watching the end after we got home from Mariucci. I presume ESPN+ is only streaming.
ESPN+ and Hulu. I can’t wait to read the Twitter replies to the Wilds tweets about the game when people can’t find it.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Oct 15 6:20 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Fri Oct 15 6:09 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
ESPN+ and Hulu. I can’t wait to read the Twitter replies to the Wilds tweets about the game when people can’t find it.
I just discovered it when I went to set a recording. Oh well, radio it is.

But I’m surprised local television wouldn’t have found a way to show it. But as we’ve mentioned, streaming is the future. If you’re desperate to watch your team I guises they figure you’ll shell out the bucks.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 657 times

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Oct 15 6:41 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Oct 15 6:20 pm
Snowcool08 wrote:
Fri Oct 15 6:09 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
I just discovered it when I went to set a recording. Oh well, radio it is.

But I’m surprised local television wouldn’t have found a way to show it. But as we’ve mentioned, streaming is the future. If you’re desperate to watch your team I guises they figure you’ll shell out the bucks.
I blame the B1G

Border Gopher
Veteran

Post by Border Gopher » Fri Oct 15 9:03 pm

This ESPN+ production has me thinking they are airing Bemidji State hockey or the like.

team22tank
Veteran
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 75 times

Post by team22tank » Fri Oct 15 9:11 pm

I remember back in the day, Bill Clement, Gary Thorne, Steve Levy, they were stacked in the booth.

This is awful.

fightclub30
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 148 times

Post by fightclub30 » Fri Oct 15 9:26 pm

My dad is piffed!!! He just called me and I haven't heard him this upset in awhile.

"I pay for a GD tv service that has every channel under the sun, including Bally Sports, I pay for the ability to Stream my channels, I pay for Season Tickets, I've paid every thing I can, and its still isn't enough. They want more money just to watch the games. This is BS!"

My dad is 70 years old and isn't understanding that ESPN+ is separate from his TV Service. And the people at Xfinity aren't helping him either. They told him "You should have it" and had him download the ESPN app and tired to get him to Sign-In using his Comcast/Xfinity user name and password, which of course isn't valid. He is beside himself, and doesn't understand even when I explain it to him.

If this ends up being more than 3 or 4 games, it is going to alienate some fans/customers.

Border Gopher
Veteran

Post by Border Gopher » Fri Oct 15 9:36 pm

I feel his pain. Although i'm pretty much numb to it at this point as I'm very used to it with English soccer. To watch all Manchester City matches I need the following:

-NBC
-NBC Sports Network and other NBC owned "cable channels"
-Peacock streaming service
-ESPN+ for cup matches
-Paramount Plus streaming service for Champions League matches

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Oct 15 10:51 pm

Border Gopher wrote:
Fri Oct 15 9:36 pm
I feel his pain. Although i'm pretty much numb to it at this point as I'm very used to it with English soccer. To watch all Manchester City matches I need the following:

-NBC
-NBC Sports Network and other NBC owned "cable channels"
-Peacock streaming service
-ESPN+ for cup matches
-Paramount Plus streaming service for Champions League matches
I’m guessing if you live in Manchester it’s much easier to watch the games. We should be able to watch the Wild on TV since we live in the market. Making the first game of the season be a 9 pm game is BS enough. Having it be a pay service stream is dickish. Like a cliff hanger you can’t watch.

Who shot JR? Tune in 3 months at midnight and pay me $5 to find out.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Oct 15 11:20 pm

Is the lady on the broadcast the one who did an ncaa game last year? Her voice is just not pleasing for a hockey game. 🙉

Border Gopher
Veteran

Post by Border Gopher » Fri Oct 15 11:25 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Oct 15 11:20 pm
Is the lady on the broadcast the one who did an ncaa game last year?
Yep

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by gopherguy13 » Fri Oct 15 11:29 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Is the lady on the broadcast the one who did an ncaa game last year? Her voice is just not pleasing for a hockey game. 🙉
I said on Twitter I think she's pretty good. She's technically proficient. Most exciting announcer? No. But she knows her stuff.

I'd rather have a slightly boring PBP who knows what they're talking about, as opposed to the more "showman" style like the Gus Johnsons of the world.
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

Border Gopher
Veteran

Post by Border Gopher » Fri Oct 15 11:41 pm

Boom!

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Oct 15 11:51 pm

I did not hate the announcing team. Nice win.

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Sat Oct 16 12:10 am

Here I thought because we have Hulu I could watch a replay. Guess not. Seems silly.

ex_goldy
Golden
Golden

Post by ex_goldy » Sat Oct 16 7:40 am

fightclub30 wrote:
Fri Oct 15 9:26 pm
My dad is piffed!!! He just called me and I haven't heard him this upset in awhile.

"I pay for a GD tv service that has every channel under the sun, including Bally Sports, I pay for the ability to Stream my channels, I pay for Season Tickets, I've paid every thing I can, and its still isn't enough. They want more money just to watch the games. This is BS!"

My dad is 70 years old and isn't understanding that ESPN+ is separate from his TV Service. And the people at Xfinity aren't helping him either. They told him "You should have it" and had him download the ESPN app and tired to get him to Sign-In using his Comcast/Xfinity user name and password, which of course isn't valid. He is beside himself, and doesn't understand even when I explain it to him.

If this ends up being more than 3 or 4 games, it is going to alienate some fans/customers.
I’m 100% in agreement. Its disgusting that the Wild and NHL are clueless how they will lose their fans. Make it hard enough and people wont care anymore.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Sat Oct 16 10:21 am

gopherguy13 wrote:
Fri Oct 15 11:29 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
I said on Twitter I think she's pretty good. She's technically proficient. Most exciting announcer? No. But she knows her stuff.

I'd rather have a slightly boring PBP who knows what they're talking about, as opposed to the more "showman" style like the Gus Johnsons of the world.
She was awful and so was the broadcast. The was at the level of broadcast when you turn on a MAC football game, on a Thursday and Toledo is playing Ohio. Garbage.

In regards to hockey why in the world is Rask playing on the 2nd line? It’s almost like they are pushing for Fiala to demand a trade at some point.

grothm01
Rookie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by grothm01 » Sat Oct 16 12:25 pm

To top it all off - Xfinity has a free preview of Center Ice and of course the Wild game was blacked out.

Border Gopher
Veteran

Post by Border Gopher » Sat Oct 16 9:31 pm

Unlocator be working. Suck it blackouts!

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Sat Oct 16 9:32 pm

Why is Gorg wearing that stupid Mask?

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Oct 16 9:41 pm

LA doing social distancing seating?

GoldenRube
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 20 times

Post by GoldenRube » Sun Oct 17 8:56 am

team22tank wrote:
Sat Oct 16 9:32 pm
Why is Gorg wearing that stupid Mask?
In my opinion the mask is an improvement.
No matter how badass you are, if a toddler hands you a ringing toy phone you answer it.

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by YoungEagle » Tue Oct 19 7:49 pm

Our goal song is shout?! Awesome!!
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Oct 19 8:07 pm

What a great fight. Very entertaining first period if nothing else.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 155 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Oct 19 8:22 pm

Not a great performance so far tonight in goal by Talbot. Wild trails 3-2 & Goals 1 & 3 allowed have been SOFT.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Oct 19 8:27 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Oct 19 8:22 pm
Not a great performance so far tonight in goal by Talbot. Wild trails 3-2 & Goals 1 & 3 allowed have been SOFT.
I’d argue all three should have been stopped. Goal 3 was slightly tipped.

He’s going to butterfly with gloves VERY low.

Butters Stotch
Rookie
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Butters Stotch » Tue Oct 19 8:34 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Oct 19 8:27 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Oct 19 8:22 pm
I’d argue all three should have been stopped. Goal 3 was slightly tipped.

He’s going to butterfly with gloves VERY low.
Reminds me of his last couple of years in Edmonton.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Oct 19 8:42 pm

Thank you Hellabuk!!! Tied 3-3

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden

Post by YoungEagle » Tue Oct 19 9:09 pm

Dean Evason looks like creed from the office.

Boston Apologist

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Tue Oct 19 9:16 pm

While Talbot is beatable tonight, the PK isn't impressive either. Bad combination.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 1310 times
Been liked: 889 times

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Oct 19 9:16 pm

YoungEagle wrote:
Tue Oct 19 9:09 pm
Dean Evason looks like creed from the office.
:M: :M2: Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers! :M2: :M:

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Oct 19 9:24 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Tue Oct 19 9:16 pm
While Talbot is beatable tonight, the PK isn't impressive either. Bad combination.
Talbot is having an exceptionally ROUGH NIGHT. Yikes

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Oct 19 9:25 pm

Ugh

ex_goldy
Golden
Golden

Post by ex_goldy » Tue Oct 19 9:26 pm

Bjugstad got 2 minutes for delay of game? How did that happen?

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Tue Oct 19 9:31 pm

They appear to have given up after going down by two.

Edit: They've had a little jump after killing another penalty, now score on the PP to make sure I'm wrong. :lol:

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden

Post by YoungEagle » Tue Oct 19 9:39 pm

Hard not to love Foligno. Lotta heart there.

Boston Apologist

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Oct 19 9:53 pm

Holy amazing sequence.....amazing and funny!

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden

Post by YoungEagle » Tue Oct 19 9:54 pm

AHHHHHH CRAZYYY

Boston Apologist

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Tue Oct 19 9:54 pm

I like to imagine that during their timeout the coach drew all of this up.

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 259 times

Post by davescharf » Tue Oct 19 9:58 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Tue Oct 19 9:31 pm

Edit: They've had a little jump after killing another penalty, now score on the PP to make sure I'm wrong. :lol:
This post just keeps aging well.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Tue Oct 19 10:04 pm

davescharf wrote:
Tue Oct 19 9:58 pm
Karlsson wrote:

Wild win in OT! :lol:

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Oct 19 10:04 pm

Talbot says you will get nothing!
Which leads to the GWG.
Hell of a comeback win!

ex_goldy
Golden
Golden

Post by ex_goldy » Tue Oct 19 10:06 pm

Ek gets a hat trick! Nice play, kirill to Fiala to Ek.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Oct 19 10:06 pm

OH MY GOD! Talbot comes up with the big saves in OT. Kirill the THRILL ☝️ Erik Ek with the Hatty. What a brain fart by Connor…gives Wild a 2nd life..and 🧨

CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Tue Oct 19 10:07 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Tue Oct 19 10:04 pm
davescharf wrote:
Karlsson wrote:

Wild Players: Word got to us that Karlsson posted that we had given up which pissed off so we had to show him how wrong he was. :D

Border Gopher
Veteran

Post by Border Gopher » Tue Oct 19 10:08 pm

Karlsson wrote:

I always... I always.. I always love that one

;)

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 259 times

Post by davescharf » Tue Oct 19 10:08 pm

CollegeHockeyAddict wrote:
Tue Oct 19 10:07 pm
Karlsson wrote:
Tue Oct 19 10:04 pm
davescharf wrote:
Karlsson wrote:

Wild Players: Word got to us that Karlsson posted that we had given up which pissed off so we had to show him how wrong he was. :D
Then they pointed out what GG13 used to say about Darcy Kuemper.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 158 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Tue Oct 19 10:08 pm

That game winning goal reminded me of the 2014 regional final where the Gophers beat St Cloud at the X. 3 on 1 and it went Cammerata to Condon back to Cammerata across to Kloos. Goalie and defender had no chance.

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 233 times

Post by Bladepuller » Tue Oct 19 10:11 pm

This could be a real interesting team to watch.
They really skate well and can roll 4 lines and 3 pairs. 27 or 49 might be their weakest skating forwards. I love 21s speed and grit.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Oct 19 10:19 pm

I was driving kids home from hockey when they announced Schiefle scored to put Winnipeg up 6-4 with 1:14 remaining. I turned the radio off. We got home to get an update that the Wild won. Crazy.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Oct 19 10:21 pm

Talk about crazy bounces with the Goligoski goal and the middle Ek goal. Oh my!

D2D
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 655 times
Been liked: 228 times

Post by D2D » Tue Oct 19 10:24 pm

That final scoring play was as pretty as it gets.
D2D - 49 years, and counting...

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Oct 19 10:27 pm

Watching the 3rd period with my dad: Priceless

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Tue Oct 19 11:22 pm

Bladepuller wrote:
Tue Oct 19 10:11 pm
This could be a real interesting team to watch.
They really skate well and can roll 4 lines and 3 pairs. 27 or 49 might be their weakest skating forwards. I love 21s speed and grit.
49 amazingly gets to play in the top 6. And they already had a chance to watch what a disaster he was the 2nd half of last year and the playoffs. Luck guy.

Maybe someday Fiala will get a line mate.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Oct 20 12:05 am

Just watched the video recap. That OT winner was so pretty. :dup:

Zwak
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Zwak » Wed Oct 20 7:40 am

Once Winnipeg scored the empty net I went to bed. This morning I saw a quick headline and I only saw the score of 6-5 so I thought the Wild scored one more to make it close. That's what I get for not watching to completion. :oops:
GPL's official source of trivia.

gator
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by gator » Wed Oct 20 8:23 am

Zwak wrote:
Wed Oct 20 7:40 am
Once Winnipeg scored the empty net I went to bed. This morning I saw a quick headline and I only saw the score of 6-5 so I thought the Wild scored one more to make it close. That's what I get for not watching to completion. :oops:
Same… when Winnipeg scored, I turned off the TV and rolled over and went to bed. Woke up around 4 and saw the notification on my phone Wild won 6-5.
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

Rau4SkiUMah
Rookie
Has liked: 249 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Rau4SkiUMah » Wed Oct 20 8:35 am

I switched over to the Astros v Red Sox game after the empty net goal. A few minutes later my younger brother texts me, “what is this game?” For second I thought he was talking about the baseball game until I checked my phone and realized what had happened with the Wild. Missed the game tying goal but was able to catch most of OT and I’m glad I did. Made sure to thank the kid brother.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Oct 20 9:21 am