High School Hockey 2019-2020

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.
Gopherguy05
Veteran
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

High School Hockey 2019-2020

Post by Gopherguy05 » Tue May 07 3:08 pm

Looks like STA has finally made a decision:

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: High School Hockey 2019-2020

Post by Bonin21 » Tue May 07 3:09 pm

Good recruiter natural fit for them
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
103 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by YoungEagle » Tue May 07 3:22 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue May 07 3:09 pm
Good recruiter natural fit for them
Yeah our Lakeville pipeline hopefully expands as a result of this.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gopher6 » Tue Aug 13 5:17 pm

Rob Mcclanahan is Blake's new head coach
http://www.startribune.com/mcclanahan-of-miracle-on-ice-fame-takes-blake-boys-hockey-job/540406062/

Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Iceburg » Tue Aug 13 5:21 pm

gopher6 wrote:
Tue Aug 13 5:17 pm
Rob Mcclanahan is Blake's new head coach
http://www.startribune.com/mcclanahan-of-miracle-on-ice-fame-takes-blake-boys-hockey-job/540406062/
Rob's daughter played at Blake a couple of years back.

Retired Thread Police

Grovetown Scotty
Rookie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Mon Aug 19 3:38 pm

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Vegoe » Thu Aug 29 10:40 am

I was checking out the high school board today for early departure info as the USHL/NAHL protected lists get finalized. Sounds like Luc Laylin STMA and Brett Oberle HM are maybe doing a before/after with the NAHL Magicians. Jake Boltman is starting the year with Lincoln. Jensen will be in Omaha.

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37303

https://reddeerrebels.com/article/rebel ... underbirds

Louden Hogg maybe leaving Edina for WHL? Big move for a 5' 10" keeper.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Iceburg » Thu Aug 29 12:09 pm

Retired Thread Police

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Vegoe » Wed Sep 11 4:57 pm

Mack Motzko is going back to SCC -- no ill will towards anyone, but missed his buddies back home. Beau Motzko will stick with Minnetonka.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Sep 11 5:30 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Wed Sep 11 4:57 pm
Mack Motzko is going back to SCC -- no ill will towards anyone, but missed his buddies back home. Beau Motzko will stick with Minnetonka.

How does that work (legally following the MSHSL transfer rules)? Appears no family move outside of Tonka SD if Beau is sticking with Tonka. Talk about typical hypocrisy on the part of the MSHSL ☝️Why even bother to have rules against transfers...if an exception was granted (in the case of the son of a prominent D1 coach)? It doesn’t matter one bit to me who he plays for. But if proper protocol isn’t followed in this particular case...then why should the son of Joe Blow need to sit out for not following the rules protocol (to the letter and/or the spirit of the MSHSL transfer rules) ?

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Sep 11 6:54 pm

They got around some rules for sure. But wish him the best.
Currently under construction.

SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Wed Sep 11 7:52 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Sep 11 5:30 pm
Vegoe wrote:

How does that work (legally following the MSHSL transfer rules)? Appears no family move outside of Tonka SD if Beau is sticking with Tonka. Talk about typical hypocrisy on the part of the MSHSL ☝️Why even bother to have rules against transfers...if an exception was granted (in the case of the son of a prominent D1 coach)? It doesn’t matter one bit to me who he plays for. But if proper protocol isn’t followed in this particular case...then why should the son of Joe Blow need to sit out for not following the rules protocol (to the letter and/or the spirit of the MSHSL transfer rules) ?
I believe that if you move, you are eligible at the school district attendance area where your new house would be in, OR in any private school in the state.

So if you move to the house next door, you are only still eligible at the same public school you were at, but you could go to any private school in the state.

Not saying that is the reason, but it is possible.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Sep 11 9:25 pm

SkiUMahLaw wrote:
Wed Sep 11 7:52 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Vegoe wrote:

I believe that if you move, you are eligible at the school district attendance area where your new house would be in, OR in any private school in the state.

So if you move to the house next door, you are only still eligible at the same public school you were at, but you could go to any private school in the state.

INCORRECT ski you ma guy. . If I transfer to a new high school, will I be eligible for varsity competition?
If you transfer to a new high school, you will be eligible for varsity athletic competition if:
1. You are enrolling in 9th grade for the first time;
2. Your entire family moves to a new residence in a different attendance area;
3. Your residence is changed pursuant to a court order;
4. Your biological or adoptive parents do not reside together and you move from one parent to another (this option may be used just one time after you enroll in 9th grade); or
5. You and your family have moved to Minnesota from another state or country.
If none of the above apply, you will be ineligible (for one calendar year from the date of the transfer) from participating in interscholastic varsity athletic competition. You will, however, be eligible to participate in varsity tryouts, practices, scrimmages, jamborees, etc., and non-varsity (JV, B-squad, etc.) competitions. You will not be eligible for varsity competition.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Sep 11 9:28 pm

As SS alluded too, they pulled strings and evidently the MSHSL gave it the ole rubber stamp (as a EXCEPTION to the rules) nuff said

SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Wed Sep 11 10:29 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Sep 11 9:25 pm
SkiUMahLaw wrote:
Wed Sep 11 7:52 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Vegoe wrote:

INCORRECT ski you ma guy. . If I transfer to a new high school, will I be eligible for varsity competition?
If you transfer to a new high school, you will be eligible for varsity athletic competition if:
1. You are enrolling in 9th grade for the first time;
2. Your entire family moves to a new residence in a different attendance area;
3. Your residence is changed pursuant to a court order;
4. Your biological or adoptive parents do not reside together and you move from one parent to another (this option may be used just one time after you enroll in 9th grade); or
5. You and your family have moved to Minnesota from another state or country.
If none of the above apply, you will be ineligible (for one calendar year from the date of the transfer) from participating in interscholastic varsity athletic competition. You will, however, be eligible to participate in varsity tryouts, practices, scrimmages, jamborees, etc., and non-varsity (JV, B-squad, etc.) competitions. You will not be eligible for varsity competition.
To be clear, moving to a different attendance area is what I am referring to. Private schools have a statewide attendance area, and thus any move qualifies for them.

Though it sounds like Mack will be living with friends in St. Cloud-- so not sure how that is getting done under the rule. I was just setting forth the loophole private schools can exploit.