Opponent Recruiting

Talk about College Hockey other than the Gophers...
quick13
Golden
Golden

Opponent Recruiting

Post by quick13 » Mon Jul 23 7:54 am

Okay I couldn't figure out where else to put this so please feel free to relocate if it belongs somewhere else.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/2007/07/20/4354950-sun.html

Go4 Guy
Veteran

Re: Opponent Recruiting

Post by Go4 Guy » Mon Jul 23 9:39 am

quick13 wrote:Okay I couldn't figure out where else to put this so please feel free to relocate if it belongs somewhere else.

Try Siouxsports... they might care :wink:

gopher_fan_in_sue_land
Veteran

Post by gopher_fan_in_sue_land » Mon Jul 23 11:54 am

I don't know if this is the scope of what you have started, but I kind of like the idea of keeping tabs on some of the other WCHA teams and their committed recruits.

Like the saying goes, "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer".

quick13
Golden
Golden

Post by quick13 » Mon Jul 23 12:35 pm

Well, there is the competitive analysis aspect, but also, the Minnesotans or kids from Minnesota schools being recruited angle that I found intruiging.

pjoyn
Veteran

Post by pjoyn » Mon Jul 23 1:05 pm

Better watch what you put in here. Some of the information may be privileged or "secret". :wave: :roll:
#1 Super Guy!!!

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 451 times

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Jul 23 1:48 pm

gopher_fan_in_sue_land wrote:I don't know if this is the scope of what you have started, but I kind of like the idea of keeping tabs on some of the other WCHA teams and their committed recruits.

To each their own so for those of you inclined to this kind of thing more power to you, but I personally think that, "keeping tabs on your rival" is a trait better attributed to Whioux fans and I'd rather not be likened to them.

gopher_fan_in_sue_land
Veteran

Post by gopher_fan_in_sue_land » Mon Jul 23 4:53 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
gopher_fan_in_sue_land wrote:I don't know if this is the scope of what you have started, but I kind of like the idea of keeping tabs on some of the other WCHA teams and their committed recruits.

To each their own so for those of you inclined to this kind of thing more power to you, but I personally think that, "keeping tabs on your rival" is a trait better attributed to Whioux fans and I'd rather not be likened to them.

I'm not talking about rantings, bashing, complaining or even "keeping tabs on your rival," but to keep tabs on who teams are bringing in or getting committments from is a big part of college hockey and following the quality of players coming into the league. Personally, I like to know something about guys other teams are getting that we don't know anything about as MN fans.

Bacardio
Golden
Golden

Post by Bacardio » Mon Jul 23 5:30 pm

Slap Shot wrote:

yawn... :sleep:

Bert
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Opponent Recruiting

Post by Bert » Mon Jul 23 8:01 pm

quick13 wrote:Okay I couldn't figure out where else to put this so please feel free to relocate if it belongs somewhere else.

Why would you put a Opponent Recruiting Thread in a Gopher Recruiting Section? Try the College Hockey Section

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 190 times

Post by Bladepuller » Mon Jul 23 8:09 pm

Bert, You sweet talker. :wink:
Say hi to K.
Fishing has been really bad & I'm very busy. Will Sept work?
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

Bert
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Bert » Mon Jul 23 8:24 pm

Sure

Six Hole
Veteran

Post by Six Hole » Mon Jul 23 10:58 pm

I'd prefer to know what type of players the opponents are getting rather than having to ask, "Who's that Toews guy?" after ND games. It doesn't hurt to be learned in college hockey if you care to be knowledgable at Gophers games.

Ballz
Veteran

Post by Ballz » Mon Jul 23 11:34 pm

It's one thing to have an idea of who is getting what. It's another to carry stat sheets to the games and read high school bios on your opponent's prospects and compare like I've noticed sue fans doing.

Honestly, I don't know of any Gopher fans that would cross that line.

Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Thirty-Four » Tue Jul 24 7:01 am

I appreciate the people who keep up to date on all the WCHA opponents and have detailed info on their recruits. I don't see how ignorance is preferable in any situation. :confused2:

Some of these comments are downright weird... :roll:
Get the cigarette lighter fixed

Cardinal
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Cardinal » Tue Jul 24 7:40 am

Ballz wrote:It's one thing to have an idea of who is getting what. It's another to carry stat sheets to the games and read high school bios on your opponent's prospects and compare like I've noticed sue fans doing.

Honestly, I don't know of any Gopher fans that would cross that line.

You don't pay attention enough...

Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden

Re: Ryan McDonagh story

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Jul 30 11:24 am

Thanks for the link! I'm looking forward to seeing him play this year, from the video I've seen, he is a mature, standout blueliner.

5mn Major
Veteran

Post by 5mn Major » Mon Jul 30 2:22 pm

I'm all for the abolition of the high school senior year if it means we can keep kids in college hockey longer.

It sounds like Ryan and Montreal already have their finger on the trigger:

"He's very mature, he's well along in his physical development, and his skating is topnotch," Timmins said. "I don't think you'll see him too long at the university level before he turns pro. He's there physically; he just needs to be able to play the game at a higher level."

"I'm going to play a good year there and, hopefully, develop. And when the year ends, sit down with the Montreal staff and really talk about whether I'm ready to make the jump," he said.

Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Jul 30 2:45 pm

5mn Major wrote:

"He's very mature, he's well along in his physical development, and his skating is topnotch," Timmins said. "I don't think you'll see him too long at the university level before he turns pro. He's there physically; he just needs to be able to play the game at a higher level."

"I'm going to play a good year there and, hopefully, develop. And when the year ends, sit down with the Montreal staff and really talk about whether I'm ready to make the jump," he said.

That's why I'm not sad to see the Gophers didn't end up with him. He's a one and done. Great player, will be fun to see him teamed up with Fischer on the Habs blueline one day. :)

MarkDL
Rookie
Has liked: 47 times

Post by MarkDL » Mon Jul 30 5:40 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:
5mn Major wrote:

That's why I'm not sad to see the Gophers didn't end up with him. He's a one and done. Great player, will be fun to see him teamed up with Fischer on the Habs blueline one day. :)

Most Becky fans probably agree with your assessment. But I am from Missouri (Show Me) on McDonagh being one and done. He missed the first part of Cretin's season with an injury, his team didn't make state and he did not play in the USHL as far as I have heard.

'05-'06 31G
'06-'07 23G

So he played in eight fewer games last year and also missed a corresponding amount of practice.

Wouldn't this effect his development?

Also don't Defensmen generally have a tougher time with the leap from high school to the WCHA?

I am not denying his talent just doubting the impact a true freshman D will have. Of course Montreal may still sign him at the end of the season if they're that sure he's ready.

5mn Major
Veteran

Post by 5mn Major » Tue Jul 31 3:49 am

Guys like McDonough are the reason that there are questions about whether programs should go after the top elite players...kids who go in the top 10 of the draft (if in fact he leaves after one year).

It can be argued that a player that a one-and-done is more of a disruption and takes a spot from a kid who might otherwise go on to play a sophomore year...and is therefore, a net negative. As much as I love his game, a guy like Okposo would have had questionable value to the program compared to other players if he left after one year. As a 2 year player, there is little doubt the guy will be a great asset to Minnesota. A guy like Kessel was IMO worth it even for one year.

Regardless of the ability to question the approach, I am still of the opinion that you go after the best kids you can primarily as you have no idea years before a kids steps takes the ice whether he'll be a top 10 recruit or not. Schroeder could fit this category. He may be a top 10 pick. There is a chance he could be a one and done player. But you have to still want him in my book...because there are too many scenarios where he turns out to be a big pick up and/or Gopher player for 2 or more years.

Shawn-O
Rookie

Post by Shawn-O » Thu Aug 02 8:23 am

maybemaybenot
Veteran

Again--whats up with this?????

Post by maybemaybenot » Tue Aug 14 11:12 pm

http://ushlhockey.blogspot.com/

St Cloud here I come.

Iceburg
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: Again--whats up with this?????

Post by Iceburg » Wed Aug 15 1:48 am

Prehaps he's just always dreamed of being a "Spruce King"

Retired Thread Police

pjoyn
Veteran

Post by pjoyn » Wed Aug 15 8:31 am

maybemaybenot wrote:http://ushlhockey.blogspot.com/

St Cloud here I come.

This is a pretty curious move. As far as development and preparing for the WCHA, the USHL has to be better. I know plenty of good players come from the BCHL, but that is a pretty offensive league.
#1 Super Guy!!!

snowbrick
Rookie

Post by snowbrick » Wed Aug 15 1:15 pm

Sorry if this is elsewhere and i realize this may not be recruiting, but Mike Gibbons was hired as an assistant at SCSU.

evegoe
Veteran

Post by evegoe » Wed Aug 15 2:40 pm

pjoyn wrote:

St Cloud here I come.

This is a pretty curious move. As far as development and preparing for the WCHA, the USHL has to be better. I know plenty of good players come from the BCHL, but that is a pretty offensive league.

Probably going to the BCHL so he doesn't get job'd for ice time in Whioux Falls.

Blueliner
Golden
Golden

Post by Blueliner » Wed Aug 15 3:04 pm

evegoe wrote:
pjoyn wrote:

St Cloud here I come.

Probably going to the BCHL so he doesn't get job'd for ice time in Whioux Falls.

I heard he was going to have to play D if he wanted any quality icetime at Whioux Falls. :paper:
"What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter"

pjoyn
Veteran

Post by pjoyn » Wed Aug 15 3:37 pm

Blueliner wrote:
evegoe wrote:
pjoyn wrote:

St Cloud here I come.

I heard he was going to have to play D if he wanted any quality icetime at Whioux Falls. :paper:

Do you think he told the coach of Whioux Falls that he planned on staying?? :twisted:
#1 Super Guy!!!

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Aug 15 3:44 pm

St Cloud here I come.

Anyone else read this site a little bit more to link to an article about our favorite UND player and counterfeiter, Brandon Bochenski.

http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=335704

Turns out, he is starting a business. I bet he has lots of knowledge about this from his days at UND, however, he opened a women's clothing boutique.

"And when Brandon is back home in the suburb of Woodbury, Minnesota - a short ride from Minneapolis and St. Paul - this big-bad Bruin is the proud owner of Elodie (pronounced: el-o-DEE), a designer women’s clothing boutique."

“I always enjoyed business in school," said Bo. "I thought that being an entrepreneur and starting something from scratch like this would be fun. :confused2: :P :P :confused2:

roper
Rookie

Post by roper » Wed Aug 15 4:13 pm

Blueliner wrote:
evegoe wrote:
pjoyn wrote:

St Cloud here I come.

I've had a chance to speak with Jordy a few times this summer and I can tell you that he hated the "grind" of the USHL. He didn't like the fact that most of your time is spent on a bus. Perhaps there is less travel time in the BCHL. Jordy is a great kid and I wish nothing but the best for him.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by streakygopher » Thu Aug 16 12:24 am

This kid is a good player. I've seen him play many times. He's not as dominating as Fischer was in high school, but he's big, strong and he can skate. The article makes him sound like a tough guy, but that's not the style I saw him play. He's also not filled in yet, much like Fischer in his senior year. He also plays football.

Bushwood Gopher
Veteran

Post by Bushwood Gopher » Thu Aug 16 12:32 am

streakygopher wrote:

This kid is a good player. I've seen him play many times. He's not as dominating as Fischer was in high school, but he's big, strong and he can skate. The article makes him sound like a tough guy, but that's not the style I saw him play. He's also not filled in yet, much like Fischer in his senior year. He also plays football.

I couldn't agree more. I'll maybe get slammed but I thought he was one of the top players overall at the Select 17 games I saw this year. I was really disappointed that we didn't make a push for him. It seems like others think his best hockey might be in front of him, too.

Hammy
Veteran
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Hammy » Thu Aug 16 7:47 am

Bushwood Gopher wrote:I couldn't agree more. I'll maybe get slammed but I thought he was one of the top players overall at the Select 17 games I saw this year. I was really disappointed that we didn't make a push for him. It seems like others think his best hockey might be in front of him, too.

How many defensemen do you expect us to recruit? We have three frosh this year and already bring in another five defensive recruits in the next two classes. Prior to OB leaving, we appeared even more full.

We don't have infinite room to recruit every kid with an upside.

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by streakygopher » Thu Aug 16 9:45 am

Hammy wrote:
Bushwood Gopher wrote:I couldn't agree more. I'll maybe get slammed but I thought he was one of the top players overall at the Select 17 games I saw this year. I was really disappointed that we didn't make a push for him. It seems like others think his best hockey might be in front of him, too.

How many defensemen do you expect us to recruit? We have three frosh this year and already bring in another five defensive recruits in the next two classes. Prior to OB leaving, we appeared even more full.

Your point is well taken; however, Finege is a player with more than just upside. He has the skill already...he will make a smooth transition into WCHA hockey when his time comes. Maybe Bushwood thinks he could have been recruited over somebody else....

Speaking of Finege and Fischer, they both come from Apple Valley (Fischer from A.V./Finege from Eastview). There is sometime talk on here about how players develop over their childhood...some players are late bloomers, others peak early and peter out etc. Fischer and Finege have always been special players, always displaying talent a notch over their classmates. As far back as I can remember, both always made the "A" team and both played a couple years ahead of their chums. This same scenario is true with Jordan Shroeder.

Cardinal
Golden
Golden

Post by Cardinal » Thu Aug 16 9:55 am

streakygopher wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Your point is well taken; however, Finege is a player with more than just upside. He has the skill already...he will make a smooth transition into WCHA hockey when his time comes. Maybe Bushwood thinks he could have been recruited over somebody else....

Speaking of Finege and Fischer, they both come from Apple Valley (Fischer from A.V./Finege from Eastview). There is sometime talk on here about how players develop over their childhood...some players are late bloomers, others peak early and peter out etc. Fischer and Finege have always been special players, always displaying talent a notch over their classmates. As far back as I can remember, both always made the "A" team and both played a couple years ahead of their chums. This same scenario is true with Jordan Shroeder.

Or, perhaps Fienhage had no interest in playing for the Gophers? Given the likley losses at defense after this season in Grand Forks, and they fact they only have two other kids committed right now for 2008 or 2009 (Minnesota currently has five, depending on what position Grant Scott ends up playing), maybe he thinks that he'll have a better shot at getting more icetime with the Whioux?

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Thu Aug 16 9:58 am

streakygopher wrote:Maybe Bushwood thinks he could have been recruited over somebody else...

Such as who? Four of the five guys I mentioned committed last year. Ness is the only one that committed this year (back in March) and there is no way in hell I would make that trade. We don't know where Scott will play in college yet. Lofquist is a very good defenseman on a national (not just local) scale. Helgeson has very high potential and if he progresses as hoped in the USHL over the next two years, he could very well end up a 1st round pick. I could see a potential argument made with Martell but he committed a long time ago. It's not as if these are scrubs or all recently recruited.

Then you have to consider the fact that they had OB penciled in on defense for the next few seasons as well.

If the player in question has all this skill already, why does a veteran scout like Warner from USHR consider him "unpolished"?

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Thu Aug 16 5:10 pm

pjoyn wrote:This is a pretty curious move. As far as development and preparing for the WCHA, the USHL has to be better. I know plenty of good players come from the BCHL, but that is a pretty offensive league.

As somebody from Moorhead said to me, it would appear he doesn't want to work on areas of his game that need the most attention.

The BCHL is not going to push him as hard as the USHL would. I am sure he'll attain some decent/good offensive numbers but at what cost to overall development? He'd have to battle much harder in the USHL when it comes to all aspects of the game than he will in the BC league.

Even if he didn't want to play in Whioux Falls, I am sure they could have arranged a trade of some sort (similar to how Bruneteau wanted out of Omaha). A very odd choice.

The Exiled One
Rookie

Post by The Exiled One » Fri Aug 17 2:39 pm

Hey Hammy, can you tell which Motzko recruit today's USHR report is referring to? If you're comfortable with that, I'd much appreciate it.

PS: good call on the Christian information. I'm hoping it doesn't hinder his development.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was refering to the new coach

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Fri Aug 17 4:32 pm

It looks like the new "recruit" is a tad old and I think his eligibility is used up. :wink:

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hobey Baker » Fri Aug 17 4:45 pm

Hammy wrote:

Agreed but in the new college game, we seem to lose 1 or 2 guys every year because of early departure

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Fri Aug 17 5:07 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:Agreed but in the new college game, we seem to lose 1 or 2 guys every year because of early departure

And they have generally been "over recruiting" accordingly. That's why they defer guys an extra year with the option of bringing them in sooner (like Taylor Matson and Nick Larson could have been brought in this year if we had lost another forward or two).

Cardinal
Golden
Golden

Post by Cardinal » Fri Aug 17 5:11 pm

Hammy wrote:
Hobey Baker wrote:Agreed but in the new college game, we seem to lose 1 or 2 guys every year because of early departure

And they have generally been "over recruiting" accordingly. That's why they defer guys an extra year with the option of bringing them in sooner (like Taylor Matson and Nick Larson could have been brought in this year if we had lost another forward or two).

Martell probably would've been brought in this year (after O'Brien signed) if his shoulder was healthy.

maybemaybenot
Veteran

Mattson to UND

Post by maybemaybenot » Mon Aug 27 4:19 pm

5mn Major
Veteran

Re: Mattson to UND

Post by 5mn Major » Mon Aug 27 4:59 pm

maybemaybenot wrote:http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

There was probably a lot of talk about this kid in a lot of coaches offices. You can't get everyone...but Danny was a good player.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 1050 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Aug 27 6:00 pm

5mn Major wrote:

There was probably a lot of talk about this kid in a lot of coaches offices. You can't get everyone...but Danny was a good player.

He still is. :wink:
It would have been fun to see him wearing the Treasured M, oh well.
If not MN I always prefer to have top players pick another WCHA school.
:M: :M2: Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers! :M2: :M:

dagies
Veteran

Post by dagies » Mon Aug 27 6:17 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
5mn Major wrote:

I was going to post the exact same thing!

glenhogan21
Veteran
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by glenhogan21 » Mon Aug 27 6:49 pm

I always thought this kid would either be a gopher or a gopher killer! Let's hope I was wrong. He is fun to watch though.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Aug 27 7:10 pm

dagies wrote:I was going to post the exact same thing!

I don't find this reassuring.

5mn Major
Veteran

Post by 5mn Major » Mon Aug 27 9:35 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
5mn Major wrote:

He seems a step slower today. :wink:

Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Five-HoleFrenzy » Tue Aug 28 12:22 pm

Mike Fink...Danny Mattson...Two talented Minnesota kids headed to the prairie flatlands. Disappointing? Yes but there is another Mattson, (Nick) for 2010 that the Gophers can hopefully land as well as some other kids that are still in the mix who are very good players.

Zwak
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 218 times

Hanowski commits to SCSU

Post by Zwak » Wed Aug 29 8:03 pm

GPL's official source of trivia.

Toe Blake
Veteran

Post by Toe Blake » Fri Aug 31 6:09 pm

On the positive side, he was a top target for Wisconsin.
Old time hockey

gopherguy06
Veteran

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Sep 18 9:31 am

I was reading on the WCHA blog about freshman players incoming this season. It looks like Minnesota has one of the smallest recruiting classes. Do those other teams need all those players to fill their roster or why are they so big? You would think adding 6-10 players a season would be enough to deal with depatures and graduation, but it looks like a lot of schools have a lot more.

For instance, Denver has twleve coming in, six forwards, two goalies and 4 dmen. I suppose after looking at their roster, they have the need for that many players, but how did the end up in this situation with so few upperclassmen. Does it happen a lot?

SiouxFanatic
Rookie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by SiouxFanatic » Wed Nov 14 10:44 pm

The Whioux land sophomore Chaska High School defenseman Nick Mattson.

Link: http://www.grandforksherald.com/article ... m?id=57189

A great pick up for the Whioux.

gopherguy06
Veteran

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Nov 14 11:59 pm

SiouxFanatic wrote:The Whioux land sophomore Chaska High School defenseman Nick Mattson.

I feel like this kid is going to come back and bite us in the butt.. he seems like a great player and one of the best in his age...

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Thu Nov 15 8:13 am

SiouxFanatic wrote:The Whioux land sophomore Chaska High School defenseman Nick Mattson.

Congrats.
Was hoping MN could land him but glad he stayed in the WCHA.

boosioux
Rookie

Post by boosioux » Thu Nov 22 11:20 am

Melvin
Veteran

Post by Melvin » Fri Nov 23 7:33 am

gopherguy06 wrote:I was reading on the WCHA blog about freshman players incoming this season. It looks like Minnesota has one of the smallest recruiting classes. Do those other teams need all those players to fill their roster or why are they so big? You would think adding 6-10 players a season would be enough to deal with depatures and graduation, but it looks like a lot of schools have a lot more.

For instance, Denver has twleve coming in, six forwards, two goalies and 4 dmen. I suppose after looking at their roster, they have the need for that many players, but how did the end up in this situation with so few upperclassmen. Does it happen a lot?

According to one blogger it is over recruiting. :chainsaw:

blizzardax
Rookie

Post by blizzardax » Fri Nov 23 8:36 am

If worse comes to worse, these teams can just Beaverson the players they don't want anymore. UND seems to do a good job of that.

gopherguy06
Veteran

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Feb 05 4:02 pm

Derek Lee committs to the BADgers. Was he on our radar? I know his is a BCHL guy, but do we recruit from there?

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Tue Feb 05 4:06 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:Derek Lee committs to the BADgers. Was he on our radar? I know his is a BCHL guy, but do we recruit from there?

Not on our radar. We don't recruit that league often.

The Gophers are doing some Canadian recruiting elsewhere at the moment and they have also been scouting/recruiting some out of state midget players (some from non-traditional hockey areas but talented players). Could be some "surprise" commitments down the road a bit for the Gophers.

ronk11
Rookie

Post by ronk11 » Wed Feb 06 6:36 am

Hammy wrote:
gopherguy06 wrote:Derek Lee committs to the BADgers. Was he on our radar? I know his is a BCHL guy, but do we recruit from there?

The Gophers are doing some Canadian recruiting elsewhere at the moment and they have also been scouting/recruiting some out of state midget players (some from non-traditional hockey areas but talented players). Could be some "surprise" commitments down the road a bit for the Gophers.

I like to hear this! Glad we're actively looking outside MN. I want to have all options open.
:lol:

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Wed Feb 06 7:48 am

ronk11 wrote:
Hammy wrote:

I like to hear this! Glad we're actively looking outside MN. I want to have all options open.

O, woe is me! Not the canadians! :evil: Say it ain't so Don!

Cardinal
Golden
Golden

Post by Cardinal » Wed Feb 06 8:04 am

dxmnkd316 wrote:
ronk11 wrote:
Hammy wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Feb 06 8:11 am

dxmnkd316 wrote:O, woe is me! Not the canadians! :evil: Say it ain't so Don!

Once a player puts on the Treasured M the are Gophers.

dxmnkd316

Post by dxmnkd316 » Wed Feb 06 8:16 am

I guess my sarcasm didn't seem apparent. Oh well. Anyways, I agree, wear the M and you're forever a Gopher. Unless, of course, you forsake it.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Feb 06 8:19 am

dxmnkd316 wrote:I guess my sarcasm didn't seem apparent. Oh well. Anyways, I agree, wear the M and you're forever a Gopher. Unless, of course, you forsake it.

Wrong smilie. :wink:

Golden FE Ranger
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Golden FE Ranger » Wed Feb 06 9:07 am

Cardinal wrote:
dxmnkd316 wrote:
ronk11 wrote:
Hammy wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I would tend to agree with dxmnkd316 on this as not being a big fan of the Canadiens, but understand we need to go where the talent takes us. That said, I know recruiting is a bit of a crap shoot as to how things will turn out, but I would hope the kids coming in from outside MN or more importantly outside the US would be high end. I would hate to miss out on a Vanek type player, but a Kennedy or Chucko type talent I think could be found more locally. Once again, I know there are few guarantees with recruits.
President GWB said, "And it seems like Minnesota is pretty good at hockey, too."

"I think in the best interest of his career, he definitely would benefit from playing one more year of college," Gretzky said.

jrthomer
Golden
Golden

Post by jrthomer » Wed Feb 06 9:24 am

Hammy wrote:

That's not surprising to hear. IIRC, Lucia was quoted not too long ago as saying that there were some recruiting classes coming up where the talent in Minnesota was looking pretty thin at the top and he would be casting a broader recruiting net.

gopherguy06
Veteran

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Feb 07 1:43 pm

Hammy
Veteran

Post by Hammy » Thu Feb 07 1:53 pm

where is skatingopher to tell us all that the world is going to end because Carle is going to DU and following in his brother's footsteps? :P

gopherguy06
Veteran

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Feb 07 1:55 pm

Hammy wrote:where is skatingopher to tell us all that the world is going to end because Carle is going to DU and following in his brother's footsteps? :P

??? :confused2: