NCAA Hockey 2020-2021 Season

Talk about College Hockey other than the Gophers...
Bale
Veteran
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: NCAA Hockey 2020-2021 Season

Post by Bale » Fri Mar 19 3:10 pm

Poop...this is bad

Eckes
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Eckes » Fri Mar 19 3:12 pm

AIC wins 2-1. Mankato down 3-0 with 10 min left in the 2nd.

If Mankato loses here, do they drop to a #2 seed in the NCAAs? I think the committee would have to think long and hard about it.
Formerly known as The X Factor
Gopher Hockey: Minnesota's Pride on Ice
National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Pride on Ice Blog: http://prideoniceblog.blogspot.com (click on the ads!)
Founding Member of the :ahhh: Fan Club - Est. 9/15/2010
2010 GPL Fantasy Baseball Champion

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 617 times

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Mar 19 3:14 pm

4-0 flying potulneys

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Mar 19 3:15 pm

Yikes. Is Mankato potentially fumbling away their one seed, and making us wait to see who goes east to a weaker regional between the U and uw?
Loserville, USA
110 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by g-manpuck » Fri Mar 19 3:16 pm

McKay just got the hook. 4-0 good guys
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Mar 19 3:17 pm

Do they get Culver’s? 5-0

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden

Post by g-manpuck » Fri Mar 19 3:18 pm

No. Booo...
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

Bale
Veteran

Post by Bale » Fri Mar 19 3:22 pm

Bale wrote:
Fri Mar 19 3:10 pm
Poop...this is bad
Double, triple, quadruple, quintuple poop.

Bale
Veteran

Post by Bale » Fri Mar 19 3:22 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Fri Mar 19 3:15 pm
Yikes. Is Mankato potentially fumbling away their one seed, and making us wait to see who goes east to a weaker regional between the U and uw?
Yes, hopefully this is a.wakeup call. They've looked bad and lazy all game.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 364 times
Been liked: 501 times

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Mar 19 3:24 pm

Dumb question-- When do they vote for the awards? Is it after the regular season or after the conference tourneys? Knight and McKay put up a couple of clunkers this week, and wonder if that will have any affect on the Richter. Also, when do they vote on All Americans? I would hope Laffer is either on the 1st or 2nd west team, but McKay and Scheels are in the running as well.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 482 times
Been liked: 173 times

Post by Steve MN » Fri Mar 19 3:25 pm

Eckes wrote:
Fri Mar 19 3:12 pm
If Mankato loses here, do they drop to a #2 seed in the NCAAs? I think the committee would have to think long and hard about it.
Who would you move ahead of them? I could see them dropping to the overall #4, but with a 20-4-1 overall record, I'd think it's hard to drop them to the 2 bracket. Even though Wisconsin won the B1G due to the technicalities of how the regular season championship was decided (and let's be honest, going 3-1 against MN in the regular season) they lost a pair to ASU early in the year, plus a loss to PSU, so if MN and WisconSIN had both been bounced in the B1G semi-finals, I'm not at all sure that the committee would have had the BADgers in the #1 seed.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Mar 19 3:27 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Fri Mar 19 3:25 pm
Eckes wrote:
Who would you move ahead of them? I could seem them dropping to the overall #4, but with a 20-4-1 overall record, I'd think it's hard to drop them to the 2 bracket. Even though Wisconsin won the B1G due to the technicalities of how the regular season championship was decided (and let's be honest, going 3-1 against MN in the regular season) they lost a pair to ASU early in the year, plus a loss to PSU, so if MN and WisconSIN had both been bounced in the B1G semi-finals, I'm not at all sure that the committee would have had the BADgers in the #1 seed.
uw was covid depleted in the ASU series and the loss to OSU right after that. They didn't even have a full lineup. 16-4-1 since then with three of those losses to tourney teams.
Loserville, USA
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Bale
Veteran

Post by Bale » Fri Mar 19 3:34 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Eckes wrote:
Who would you move ahead of them? I could see them dropping to the overall #4, but with a 20-4-1 overall record, I'd think it's hard to drop them to the 2 bracket. Even though Wisconsin won the B1G due to the technicalities of how the regular season championship was decided (and let's be honest, going 3-1 against MN in the regular season) they lost a pair to ASU early in the year, plus a loss to PSU, so if MN and WisconSIN had both been bounced in the B1G semi-finals, I'm not at all sure that the committee would have had the BADgers in the #1 seed.
Before today one of the uscho guys had uw ahead of us already. I'll be extremely surprised if msu is a number 1.

Maize
Veteran
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Maize » Fri Mar 19 4:06 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Mar 19 3:24 pm
Dumb question-- When do they vote for the awards? Is it after the regular season or after the conference tourneys?
After the conference tournaments.

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden

Post by g-manpuck » Fri Mar 19 4:26 pm

That was Jutting era bad Maverick hockey.

Eckes
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Eckes » Fri Mar 19 5:07 pm

Bale wrote:
Fri Mar 19 3:34 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Eckes wrote:
Before today one of the uscho guys had uw ahead of us already. I'll be extremely surprised if msu is a number 1.
I think especially this year in the smoke-filled room, it will be hard to get away from the following set of facts:
1. Wisconsin has been on fire since the new year
2. Mankato plays in a "bad conference". Wisconsin plays in a better conference.
3. Wisconsin went down 5-1 in their conference tournament and stormed back, almost winning. Mankato went down 5-0 in the semifinal to a worse team and lost 5-1.

I wouldn't be surprised by much of anything, but I would expect UW to be the #4 seed and Mankato to be the #5 seed at the moment.

Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 125 times

Post by Vegoe » Fri Mar 19 5:24 pm

Eckes wrote:
Fri Mar 19 5:07 pm
Bale wrote:
Steve MN wrote:
Eckes wrote:
I think especially this year in the smoke-filled room, it will be hard to get away from the following set of facts:
3. Wisconsin went down 5-1 in their conference tournament and stormed back, almost winning. Mankato went down 5-0 in the semifinal to a worse team and lost 5-1.

I wouldn't be surprised by much of anything, but I would expect UW to be the #4 seed and Mankato to be the #5 seed at the moment.
I would be right with you on this... not convinced it'll happen, but I get the argument mostly on points 1 and 2... 3 is like a post script.

One thing that came out of the Hockey East emails is how the 'conference standings' might influence the NCAA committees. I mean if the B10 used point percentage instead of the win percentage formula they went with, then Minnesota is the regular season champ and tourney champ... so clear top team in B10. Now it's a debate because of how they league decided to do points. Also Bob Motzko is out $30k because they didn't win a regular season banner, so I'm sure he's frustrated.

I feel like if I would have brought that up in the availability it would have gone over great.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 482 times

Post by Steve MN » Fri Mar 19 5:45 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Fri Mar 19 5:24 pm
Eckes wrote:
Bale wrote:
Steve MN wrote:
Eckes wrote:

I would be right with you on this... not convinced it'll happen, but I get the argument mostly on points 1 and 2... 3 is like a post script.

One thing that came out of the Hockey East emails is how the 'conference standings' might influence the NCAA committees. I mean if the B10 used point percentage instead of the win percentage formula they went with, then Minnesota is the regular season champ and tourney champ... so clear top team in B10. Now it's a debate because of how they league decided to do points. Also Bob Motzko is out $30k because they didn't win a regular season banner, so I'm sure he's frustrated.

I feel like if I would have brought that up in the availability it would have gone over great.
Given that Mankato has now lost as many games all season as WisconSIN has in 2021, I'm not convinced that the committee drops them that far. There's certainly a decent argument that the B1G is a better conference than WCHA right now, but winning the conference and having a 20-4-1 record vs WisconSIN's 20-9-1 record, it's going to be a very good question.

WisconSIN has gone 15-4-1 in 2021, Mankato 17-3 in that same period

By "gone over great" do you mean that Deutsch would have banned you from any further press contact with the staff? :mrgreen:
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Viking
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Viking » Fri Mar 19 6:01 pm

Personal opinion here... MSU just dropped to a 2 seed. Sitting at Pub 500 watching the game, they just looked "off". Passes were not connecting. Defenseman out of position. McKay was in his own head. Hopefully they got their bad game out of the way.
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

Bale
Veteran

Post by Bale » Fri Mar 19 6:34 pm

Viking wrote:
Fri Mar 19 6:01 pm
Personal opinion here... MSU just dropped to a 2 seed. Sitting at Pub 500 watching the game, they just looked "off". Passes were not connecting. Defenseman out of position. McKay was in his own head. Hopefully they got their bad game out of the way.
I'd agree. Honestly, msu's previous post season failures have "proven" everyone right that wcha is weak and that's the only reason we have piled up wins. It doesn't matter if it's reality or perception. When the committee has essentially given itself carte Blanche to do what they want, perceptions matter. I'm confident we will be a 2 seed. The only positive of that is we almost can't be matched up with Providence which may get in these guys heads more than it should.

They looked awful today. I said early in the first period that this looked like a step down from the nchc and big ten games early in the week. If we play like that next week, we will blown out of the arena again. I've thought the team has looked shaky since the Ferris series in mid-february, but their talent and defense held them afloat. I never like seeing my team getting blown out, but they needed to see they need to work hard and not just rely on talent.

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden

Post by g-manpuck » Fri Mar 19 6:41 pm

Viking wrote:
Fri Mar 19 6:01 pm
This is the same thing that every Mav fan that I talked to here at the game this afternoon.

CollegeHockeyAddict
Veteran
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by CollegeHockeyAddict » Fri Mar 19 7:02 pm

Mankato and Wisconsin should be the 1 and 2 seeds in Loveland in which case all it decides is who they play in the first round.

gopherfun83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by gopherfun83 » Fri Mar 19 8:37 pm

Depending how the rest of the tourneys go UMD most likely will be a #4 seed now. MN most likely moved up to 2nd or 3rd overall in poll, so the only way they would face Nodak is in frozen four or the championship game. It will be interesting to see how the brackets turn out Sunday.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 273 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Mar 19 8:43 pm

It doesn’t matter what seed you are, ya still gotta win 4 games! I believe tUMD will be a 3 seed in Loveland or Fargo.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 451 times

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Mar 19 9:02 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Fri Mar 19 5:24 pm
Eckes wrote:
Bale wrote:
Steve MN wrote:
Eckes wrote:

One thing that came out of the Hockey East emails is how the 'conference standings' might influence the NCAA committees. I mean if the B10 used point percentage instead of the win percentage formula they went with, then Minnesota is the regular season champ and tourney champ...
Even if the committee looks at UW as "#2" in the B1G it wouldn't necessarily preclude them from still giving Sconny a #1 seed. Especially when circling back to items 1 and 2.
Currently under construction.

gopherfun83
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherfun83 » Fri Mar 19 9:32 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Fri Mar 19 8:43 pm
It doesn’t matter what seed you are, ya still gotta win 4 games! I believe tUMD will be a 3 seed in Loveland or Fargo.
True you have to win 4 games, but UMD is a very tough draw as a 3 or 4 seed, since they are defending champs.
So if you earn a #1 seed and end up facing UMD the first game It's definitely a tough draw.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Mar 19 9:45 pm

The amount of unknown has increased a lot with today's results. Sunday is going to be insane.
Loserville, USA

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Fri Mar 19 9:51 pm

Maybe something like?

Fargo
1. North Dakota vs. 4. LSSU or NMU
2. Kato (sorry guys) vs. 3. Minnesota-Duluth

Loveland
1. uw vs. 4. Denver or Omaha
2. St. Cloud State vs. 3. BSU or LSSU

Bridgeport
1. Boston College vs. 4. American International or Canisius
2. Quinnipiac vs. 3. Boston University

Albany
1. Minnesota vs. 4. Providence or Lowell or SLU
2. Massachusetts vs. 3. Michigan
Loserville, USA

Laxref
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Laxref » Fri Mar 19 10:08 pm

Bemidji loses to Lake State in wcha semis, beavers have to be as bubble as it gets right?

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Norm » Sat Mar 20 9:51 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
I don't agree with this. The 2002 team lost 3 times to Denver that season. Luckily someone else knocked them out of the NCAA's so we didn't meet them again. It matters.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 273 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Mar 20 10:12 am

Norm wrote:
Sat Mar 20 9:51 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
I don't agree with this. The 2002 team lost 3 times to Denver that season. Luckily someone else knocked them out of the NCAA's so we didn't meet them again. It matters.
Well, the 2002 team didn’t win 4 games either 😉 While it helps to have a higher seed, you’ll still play a good team in the first round.

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Sat Mar 20 11:11 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Mar 20 10:12 am
Norm wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
Well, the 2002 team didn’t win 4 games either 😉 While it helps to have a higher seed, you’ll still play a good team in the first round.
Whatta ya mean they didn't win 4 games?

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Mar 20 11:15 am

Norm wrote:
Sat Mar 20 11:11 am
bearpaw28 wrote:
Norm wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
They won three games...
Loserville, USA

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Sat Mar 20 11:18 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Sat Mar 20 11:15 am
Norm wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
Norm wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
They won three games...
Oops :oops:

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Mar 20 12:14 pm

Norm wrote:
Sat Mar 20 11:18 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Sat Mar 20 11:15 am
Norm wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
Norm wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
They won three games...
Oops :oops:
I had to look back, didn’t remember the different format either.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Mar 20 2:09 pm

HE Championship on CBS Sports App on Roku tonight at 6
Loserville, USA

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Mar 20 5:27 pm

The Q and SLU going to OT

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Mar 20 5:45 pm

St Lawrence wins in OT.... Oh Boy

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Mar 20 5:48 pm

Qpac should be out a three team conf tournament is ridiculous
Loserville, USA

gopherfun83
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherfun83 » Sat Mar 20 6:49 pm

UMD could be on bubble after tonight.

Eckes
GPL Writer
GPL Writer

Post by Eckes » Sat Mar 20 7:22 pm

:shock:
gopherfun83 wrote:
Sat Mar 20 6:49 pm
Wouldn't that be a shame...

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Mar 20 7:30 pm

Eckes wrote:
Sat Mar 20 7:22 pm
:shock:
gopherfun83 wrote:
Wouldn't that be a shame...
Only if they are bumped by .0001%. :mrgreen:

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by JWG » Sat Mar 20 7:32 pm

I think:
#1 - UND
#2 - BC
#3 - UMN
#4 - WI
#5 - MN St
JWG :M:

Laxref
Golden
Golden

Post by Laxref » Sat Mar 20 7:38 pm

Is AIC in if they lose?

gopherfun83
Golden
Golden

Post by gopherfun83 » Sat Mar 20 7:51 pm

Laxref wrote:
Sat Mar 20 7:38 pm
Is AIC in if they lose?
Yes AIC likely will be in even if they lose.

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Sat Mar 20 8:14 pm

gopherfun83 wrote:
Watch for them to get the last at large bid, then go on a run.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Mar 20 8:24 pm

AIC wins Atlantic Hockey.
Lake St is up 4-0 in the 2nd
UMass beats Lowell 1-0 to win HE
Bubble teams feeling a bit better

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Mar 20 9:00 pm

UMD is in 100%
Loserville, USA

glenhogan21
Veteran
Been liked: 33 times

Post by glenhogan21 » Sat Mar 20 9:19 pm

JWG wrote:
Sat Mar 20 7:32 pm
I think:
#1 - UND
#2 - BC
#3 - UMN
#4 - WI
#5 - MN St
Gophers should get #2 ahead of BC. We are 23-6 with 10 games against NCAA locks in Wisconsin and Michigan. BC is 17-5-1 with only 5 games against NCAA locks in BU and Umass and we won conference championship

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Mar 20 9:25 pm

Lake St wins Final WCHA playoff title 6-3

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Mar 20 9:37 pm

CC parts ways with head coach.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Mar 20 10:07 pm

glenhogan21 wrote:
Sat Mar 20 9:19 pm
JWG wrote:
I think:
#1 - UND
#2 - BC
#3 - UMN
#4 - WI
#5 - MN St
Gophers should get #2 ahead of BC. We are 23-6 with 10 games against NCAA locks in Wisconsin and Michigan. BC is 17-5-1 with only 5 games against NCAA locks in BU and Umass and we won conference championship
Eastern bias. UND (deservedly so) and BC will get the two cupcakes
Loserville, USA

D2D
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 518 times

Post by D2D » Sat Mar 20 10:58 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sat Mar 20 10:07 pm
glenhogan21 wrote:
Sat Mar 20 9:19 pm
JWG wrote:
I think:
#1 - UND
#2 - BC
#3 - UMN
#4 - WI
#5 - MN St
Eastern bias. UND (deservedly so) and BC will get the two cupcakes
I don't pay as much attention to the pre-tournament seedings and matchups as most do here, so I have to ask: If UND and BC are seeded 1-2 do they not each deserve to face the "two cupcakes" (in whatever order) in the first round?
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Mar 20 11:22 pm

Yes but the question is if BC is really the deserving number 2
Loserville, USA

D2D
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 518 times

Post by D2D » Sat Mar 20 11:36 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sat Mar 20 11:22 pm
If not BC, who should it be, and if so what impact that might have on the Gophers advancing beyond that first game?
Seems to me, you go out East into unfamiliar territory, all bets are off.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Mar 20 11:41 pm

D2D wrote:
Sat Mar 20 11:36 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Sat Mar 20 11:22 pm
If not BC, who should it be, and if so what impact that might have on the Gophers advancing beyond that first game?
Seems to me, you go out East into unfamiliar territory, all bets are off.
Might be a little crazy to think but the Gophers have a legitimate claim as #2
Loserville, USA

glenhogan21
Veteran
Been liked: 33 times

Post by glenhogan21 » Sat Mar 20 11:59 pm

Gophers have higher winning percentage than BC with a tougher schedule, won conference championship and were a technicality away from winning regular season championship. We should be #2, there is not a real strong argument for BC to be #2. Also think Wisconsin should be last #1 seed over umass and Mankato.

thinkbui
Veteran
Been liked: 48 times

Post by thinkbui » Sun Mar 21 1:09 am

Well with VCU withdrawing from the basketball tournament and their game against Oregon simply forfeited, it's pretty safe to assume that similar incidents in the hockey tournament will be handled the same way.

Not that there was ever any realistic chance for some kind of "standby" seed list in case someone withdraws before the games begin, but this pretty much wraps up the expectation that only 16 teams will be named Sunday.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 451 times

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Mar 21 8:09 am

Stop overthinking it. Whomever the Gophers face they will be favored against, but regardless you gotta play the games.
Currently under construction.

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden

Post by g-manpuck » Sun Mar 21 10:25 am

For as good as NMU looked Friday afternoon, they looked that bad for about two periods last night. A couple of NMU parents said that they played their best game of the year on Friday, it sure looked that way. Lake State played a good game and Mitens had a good glove in goal most of the night. LSSU could give a #1 seed a fit for a period maybe two but I don't see them taking down a #1.

Maize
Veteran
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Maize » Sun Mar 21 12:28 pm

thinkbui wrote:
Sun Mar 21 1:09 am
Well with VCU withdrawing from the basketball tournament and their game against Oregon simply forfeited, it's pretty safe to assume that similar incidents in the hockey tournament will be handled the same way.

Not that there was ever any realistic chance for some kind of "standby" seed list in case someone withdraws before the games begin, but this pretty much wraps up the expectation that only 16 teams will be named Sunday.
NCAA had a Tuesday deadline for the basketball tournament, at which point no team could be replaced. I could see a similar deadline for hockey a couple days before the tournament starts.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Mar 21 3:19 pm

This could open up another bubble spot.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 462 times

Post by Bertogliat » Sun Mar 21 3:36 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Sun Mar 21 3:19 pm
This could open up another bubble spot.
So yesterday they had no issue but this morning they do? :roll:

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Mar 21 3:40 pm

I guess it is official--

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Mar 21 3:44 pm

Wow, that has to be so heartbreaking for the kids. That stinks.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Mar 21 3:49 pm

The Q now gets the automatic qualifier for the ECAC

thinkbui
Veteran
Been liked: 48 times

Post by thinkbui » Sun Mar 21 3:57 pm

Maize wrote:
Sun Mar 21 12:28 pm
thinkbui wrote:
Sun Mar 21 1:09 am

NCAA had a Tuesday deadline for the basketball tournament, at which point no team could be replaced. I could see a similar deadline for hockey a couple days before the tournament starts.
If there will be, I wonder if there would be reseeding across regionals with that many days before the games begin or just reseeding within regionals like I had thought when I was toying with the idea a few weeks ago.

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Sun Mar 21 4:28 pm

I think with SLU out, if BSU is in the field they are heading to Fargo for sure.

Go Beavers.

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 541 times

Post by Jupiter » Sun Mar 21 5:39 pm

Do they really need a full hour for the selection show? It's just gonna be dragged out way too long.

Gopherguy05
Veteran
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Gopherguy05 » Sun Mar 21 5:43 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Sun Mar 21 5:39 pm
Do they really need a full hour for the selection show? It's just gonna be dragged out way too long.
The question will be if they just show the field and then have an hour to talk to coaches, etc about it or if they go region by region and we don't find out the last four teams until 6:45. That's where it will be just idiotic.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Mar 21 5:47 pm

Starman needs the time to tout the NCHC and all the wonderful teams in it. Should make it into a drinking game every time he says Scotty Sandelin or how great the Whioux are. BTW, tBob will be on the show tonight.

Butters Stotch
Rookie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Butters Stotch » Sun Mar 21 6:00 pm

Thankful not to have to listen to Bob Norton, though.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Mar 21 6:06 pm

You're welcome uw
Loserville, USA

5 O.T.
Veteran
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by 5 O.T. » Sun Mar 21 6:07 pm

Butters Stotch wrote:
Sun Mar 21 6:00 pm
Thankful not to have to listen to Bob Norton, though.
You know he'd be good for at least one reference to the Trail Smoke Eaters.

Laxref
Golden
Golden

Post by Laxref » Sun Mar 21 6:10 pm

Notre Dame huh