NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Talk about College Hockey other than the Gophers...
User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Mar 24 7:23 pm


User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2567
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 92 times
Age: 41
Contact:

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Vegoe » Wed Mar 25 3:23 pm



Fun exercise to see what this would look like. Gets even more fun if you swap some of the CCHA teams like Western Michigan and Miami for Minnesota State or Bemidji State.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Mar 26 4:56 pm

Former CC coach retires from hockey. He won a Clark Cup last year for the Stampede.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Mar 27 8:35 pm

CHN is running a simulation of the NCAA tourney. Duluth lost the simulated game today and their fans are going crazy about it on twitter. #IT'S NOT A REAL GAME :lol:

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Mar 27 9:13 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Mar 27 8:35 pm
CHN is running a simulation of the NCAA tourney. Duluth lost the simulated game today and their fans are going crazy about it on twitter. #IT'S NOT A REAL GAME :lol:
LMAO...CHN projecting the 2 time defending champs losing in the first round to Arizona State... that’s common man preposterous statement tournament material, that makes the Gophers losing to Holy Cross (by comparison)...not much of a upset 😉 :lol: :biggrin2:

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Mar 27 9:40 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Fri Mar 27 9:13 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Mar 27 8:35 pm
CHN is running a simulation of the NCAA tourney. Duluth lost the simulated game today and their fans are going crazy about it on twitter. #IT'S NOT A REAL GAME :lol:
LMAO...CHN projecting the 2 time defending champs losing in the first round to Arizona State... that’s common man preposterous statement tournament material, that makes the Gophers losing to Holy Cross (by comparison)...not much of a upset 😉 :lol: :biggrin2:
Well, you are not going to like the USCHO results either as Ohio St beat Duluth in their fake game :wink:

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Fri Mar 27 9:54 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Mar 27 9:40 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Fri Mar 27 9:13 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Mar 27 8:35 pm
CHN is running a simulation of the NCAA tourney. Duluth lost the simulated game today and their fans are going crazy about it on twitter. #IT'S NOT A REAL GAME :lol:
LMAO...CHN projecting the 2 time defending champs losing in the first round to Arizona State... that’s common man preposterous statement tournament material, that makes the Gophers losing to Holy Cross (by comparison)...not much of a upset 😉 :lol: :biggrin2:
Well, you are not going to like the USCHO results either as Ohio St beat Duluth in their fake game :wink:
I have zero problem losing fake games 🤑 Dogs remain the defending champs in the non bisaro world 🤠

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Mar 27 10:23 pm

I choose to optimistically believe we could have made the NCAA tourney by well over .0001% and gone on to greatness.

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2612
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by D2D » Fri Mar 27 10:37 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Mar 27 10:23 pm
I choose to optimistically believe we could have made the NCAA tourney by well over .0001% and gone on to greatness.
Sweet dreams, Cowgirl! :lalala:

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Mar 27 10:49 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri Mar 27 10:37 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Mar 27 10:23 pm
I choose to optimistically believe we could have made the NCAA tourney by well over .0001% and gone on to greatness.
Sweet dreams, Cowgirl! :lalala:
Hey, we don’t know what could have happened had the season been allowed to play out.

I do know I’d be drinking and watching hockey all this weekend if life had been allowed to continue as usual. At least half of that is able to happen. 😆

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16398
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 313 times
Contact:

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Mar 28 1:52 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Fri Mar 27 9:54 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Mar 27 9:40 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Fri Mar 27 9:13 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Mar 27 8:35 pm
CHN is running a simulation of the NCAA tourney. Duluth lost the simulated game today and their fans are going crazy about it on twitter. #IT'S NOT A REAL GAME :lol:
LMAO...CHN projecting the 2 time defending champs losing in the first round to Arizona State... that’s common man preposterous statement tournament material, that makes the Gophers losing to Holy Cross (by comparison)...not much of a upset 😉 :lol: :biggrin2:
Well, you are not going to like the USCHO results either as Ohio St beat Duluth in their fake game :wink:
I have zero problem losing fake games 🤑 Dogs remain the defending champs in the non bisaro world 🤠
Yeah, clearly it bothered you so little you had mock it. :lol: :wink:
Currently under construction.

User avatar
ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2077
Joined: Thu Mar 08 10:29 am
Location: Sitting out 2017 season
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by ex_goldy » Sat Mar 28 11:25 am

Arizona winning is a joke, they did nothing but thuggery when we played them here. I expect them to have N Dak win it all, no chance of a similar upset for their lopsided bias.
They will want a banner for simulated CHN national champions.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16398
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 313 times
Contact:

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Mar 28 11:41 am

ex_goldy wrote:
Sat Mar 28 11:25 am
Arizona winning is a joke, they did nothing but thuggery when we played them here. I expect them to have N Dak win it all, no chance of a similar upset for their lopsided bias.
They will want a banner for simulated CHN national champions.
Um.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2612
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by D2D » Sat Mar 28 11:46 am

ex_goldy wrote:
Sat Mar 28 11:25 am
Arizona winning is a joke...
FAKE SPORTS!

User avatar
ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2077
Joined: Thu Mar 08 10:29 am
Location: Sitting out 2017 season
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by ex_goldy » Sat Mar 28 12:29 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Mar 28 11:41 am
ex_goldy wrote:
Sat Mar 28 11:25 am
Arizona winning is a joke, they did nothing but thuggery when we played them here. I expect them to have N Dak win it all, no chance of a similar upset for their lopsided bias.
They will want a banner for simulated CHN national champions.
Um.
Am I behind the times? They had a good record and ranked 13th but beating UMD hasn’t been a thing in the tournament. I’m not a believer after getting swept in Madison. Also animosity for trying to behead Sami Ranta last year. Not a fan of ASU.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16398
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 313 times
Contact:

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Mar 28 10:27 pm

ex_goldy wrote:
Sat Mar 28 12:29 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Mar 28 11:41 am
ex_goldy wrote:
Sat Mar 28 11:25 am
Arizona winning is a joke, they did nothing but thuggery when we played them here. I expect them to have N Dak win it all, no chance of a similar upset for their lopsided bias.
They will want a banner for simulated CHN national champions.
Um.
Am I behind the times? They had a good record and ranked 13th but beating UMD hasn’t been a thing in the tournament. I’m not a believer after getting swept in Madison. Also animosity for trying to behead Sami Ranta last year. Not a fan of ASU.
The computer doesn't have biases and those running it don't push a narrative in the results. The program simply takes inputs and spits out results and even in a simulation upsets will happen when the probability is not 100%. Calling it a joke and worrying about ASU's thuggery is bizarre in this contect.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6967
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 41

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by MNGophers29 » Sun Mar 29 10:03 am

Complaining about fake results in general is bizarre.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3516
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Bladepuller » Sun Mar 29 10:30 am

Bizarre describes a lot these days.
I'm ready for the new normal, no matter how strange it seems from what we all thought was normal.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14318
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by streakygopher » Sun Mar 29 2:35 pm

I wonder if the Bulldogs fans would have been upset two years ago when the computer models would have had them sitting at home? :) Sorry, can't have it both ways.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Mar 29 8:35 pm

Looks like the CHN fake frozen four is set. F’n hawks vs. Denver and BC vs. the purple land cows.

Who did you fake want to fake win?

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Mar 29 8:41 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Mar 29 8:35 pm
Looks like the CHN fake frozen four is set. F’n hawks vs. Denver and BC vs. the purple land cows.

Who did you fake want to fake win?
Here is the USCHO version . I will fake root for anyone but the Whioux

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Mar 29 8:51 pm

I don’t really enjoy any of the options on either list, but yeah. Anybody but the fawks.

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3867
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 53 times
Age: 60

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Composer » Sun Mar 29 9:32 pm

Actually, I hope they win...It's such a farce.

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3335
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Norm » Sun Mar 29 10:01 pm

It took a fake tourney to get Kato to the Frozen Four.

User avatar
Bale
Veteran
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Jan 26 11:05 pm
Been liked: 9 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Bale » Sun Mar 29 10:46 pm

Norm wrote:
Sun Mar 29 10:01 pm
It took a fake tourney to get Kato to the Frozen Four.
We're gonna win the f'in thing and then not win a tournament game for 10 years. Dangle that carrot and then crush our dreams. We are a tortured bunch.

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6967
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 41

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by MNGophers29 » Sun Mar 29 11:19 pm

Composer wrote:
Sun Mar 29 9:32 pm
Actually, I hope they win...It's such a farce.
Only they wouldn’t raise a fake banner...it would be a real one.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Mar 30 4:26 pm


User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Mar 30 7:24 pm

Penn St gets grad transfer from Maine. He had 37 points last year.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Apr 01 1:13 pm

https://t.co/Lq0Sr5EmAD?amp=1 Is Scott Perunovich the best defenseman to ever play at tUMD article

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3335
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Norm » Wed Apr 01 1:19 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Mar 30 7:24 pm
Penn St gets grad transfer from Maine. He had 37 points last year.
Why is this in the UMD hockey thread?

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Apr 01 1:21 pm

Norm wrote:
Wed Apr 01 1:19 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Mar 30 7:24 pm
Penn St gets grad transfer from Maine. He had 37 points last year.
Why is this in the UMD hockey thread?
It’s a NCAA hockey thread 😉😆

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5140
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 57 times
Age: 44

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by J22 » Wed Apr 01 3:25 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Apr 01 1:13 pm
https://t.co/Lq0Sr5EmAD?amp=1 Is Scott Perunovich the best defenseman to ever play at tUMD article
That's like looking for the nicest tree in North Dakota

User avatar
Goldy77
Veteran
Posts: 1051
Joined: Wed Feb 01 10:06 am
Location: New Prague, MN
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 32

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Goldy77 » Wed Apr 01 6:33 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Apr 01 1:13 pm
https://t.co/Lq0Sr5EmAD?amp=1 Is Scott Perunovich the best defenseman to ever play at tUMD article

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Apr 01 7:12 pm

Goldy77 wrote:
Wed Apr 01 6:33 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Apr 01 1:13 pm
https://t.co/Lq0Sr5EmAD?amp=1 Is Scott Perunovich the best defenseman to ever play at tUMD article
lol...Gopher fans might want to consider just being thankful Perunovich signed with the Blues :biggrin2:

User avatar
Sioux Suck
Rookie
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Feb 16 8:58 am
Location: Bloomington
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Sioux Suck » Wed Apr 01 7:58 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Apr 01 7:12 pm
Goldy77 wrote:
Wed Apr 01 6:33 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Apr 01 1:13 pm
https://t.co/Lq0Sr5EmAD?amp=1 Is Scott Perunovich the best defenseman to ever play at tUMD article
lol...Gopher fans might want to consider just being thankful Perunovich signed with the Blues :biggrin2:
I’m more thankful your 26 year old goalie didn’t get another year of eligibility.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Apr 02 11:12 am


User avatar
g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6346
Joined: Sun Jan 21 12:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 46

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by g-manpuck » Thu Apr 02 11:29 am

The outrage that Marc Michaelis didn't make the Hat Trick is trending here in Mankato. People have disagreed with me for a couple months that Michealis needed other-worldy numbers to make the final three. I think the biggest stumbling block for Michaelis or McKay was their conference competition. The same thing happened to C.J. Suess a couple years ago.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

User avatar
Bale
Veteran
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Jan 26 11:05 pm
Been liked: 9 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Bale » Thu Apr 02 1:05 pm

g-manpuck wrote:
Thu Apr 02 11:29 am
The outrage that Marc Michaelis didn't make the Hat Trick is trending here in Mankato. People have disagreed with me for a couple months that Michealis needed other-worldy numbers to make the final three. I think the biggest stumbling block for Michaelis or McKay was their conference competition. The same thing happened to C.J. Suess a couple years ago.
I am not surprised this is the way it went. I truly feel like the past postseason failures of the team has made it very easy for everyone to discount MSU's team and player success. Its reenforced the perception that msu wins just because of inferior competition.

I'm not sure the competition argument really should hold water here (although I agree it's a good scapegoat). Maine's sos was 38 in the country while MSU's was 16 (and was #8 as late as late february) and that didnt hurt swayman. You're right, any msu player had to put up amazing numbers to get consideration to overcome the perception. It truly does make you wonder what would have happened in michaelis wasnt hurt for that stretch in jan/feb.

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2605
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Maize » Thu Apr 02 1:14 pm

It's not the conference competition so much as the perception of that conference competition. Even though Kawaguchi plays in the NCHC, his numbers came because he feasted on terrible non-tourney teams like Canisius, Alabama-Huntsville, Miami, and Minnesota.

User avatar
g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6346
Joined: Sun Jan 21 12:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 46

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by g-manpuck » Thu Apr 02 1:34 pm

Bale wrote:
Thu Apr 02 1:05 pm
g-manpuck wrote:
Thu Apr 02 11:29 am
The outrage that Marc Michaelis didn't make the Hat Trick is trending here in Mankato. People have disagreed with me for a couple months that Michealis needed other-worldy numbers to make the final three. I think the biggest stumbling block for Michaelis or McKay was their conference competition. The same thing happened to C.J. Suess a couple years ago.
I am not surprised this is the way it went. I truly feel like the past postseason failures of the team has made it very easy for everyone to discount MSU's team and player success. Its reenforced the perception that msu wins just because of inferior competition.

I'm not sure the competition argument really should hold water here (although I agree it's a good scapegoat). Maine's sos was 38 in the country while MSU's was 16 (and was #8 as late as late february) and that didnt hurt swayman. You're right, any msu player had to put up amazing numbers to get consideration to overcome the perception. It truly does make you wonder what would have happened in michaelis wasnt hurt for that stretch in jan/feb.
I would agree to the perception angle, it is a larger hill to climb for a player from MSU to climb than other schools. That time that Michaelis was hurt may have been the difference but he feasted on those he should have and was average against those better non conference teams. He only had a goal and one assist each versus North Dakota, UMD, and Bemidji and held pointless versus St. Cloud in those 8 games.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

User avatar
Bale
Veteran
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Jan 26 11:05 pm
Been liked: 9 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Bale » Thu Apr 02 2:49 pm

g-manpuck wrote:
Thu Apr 02 1:34 pm
Bale wrote:
Thu Apr 02 1:05 pm
g-manpuck wrote:
Thu Apr 02 11:29 am
The outrage that Marc Michaelis didn't make the Hat Trick is trending here in Mankato. People have disagreed with me for a couple months that Michealis needed other-worldy numbers to make the final three. I think the biggest stumbling block for Michaelis or McKay was their conference competition. The same thing happened to C.J. Suess a couple years ago.
I am not surprised this is the way it went. I truly feel like the past postseason failures of the team has made it very easy for everyone to discount MSU's team and player success. Its reenforced the perception that msu wins just because of inferior competition.

I'm not sure the competition argument really should hold water here (although I agree it's a good scapegoat). Maine's sos was 38 in the country while MSU's was 16 (and was #8 as late as late february) and that didnt hurt swayman. You're right, any msu player had to put up amazing numbers to get consideration to overcome the perception. It truly does make you wonder what would have happened in michaelis wasnt hurt for that stretch in jan/feb.
I would agree to the perception angle, it is a larger hill to climb for a player from MSU to climb than other schools. That time that Michaelis was hurt may have been the difference but he feasted on those he should have and was average against those better non conference teams. He only had a goal and one assist each versus North Dakota, UMD, and Bemidji and held pointless versus St. Cloud in those 8 games.
That's fair, but it's also cherry picking a little bit. We also played ASU and he scored 3 goals (I only point that out because it's also non-conf). In those non-conference games against good competition he's better than a point-per-game player. It stands to reason that ANY player is going to feast on lesser competition. Look at Kawaguchi for example.
  • 2 games vs canisius- 3 pts (#55 in KRACH)
  • 2 games vs Miami- 6 pts (#38 in KRACH)
  • 2 games vs Huntsville- 4 pts (#58 in KRACH
  • 2 more games vs Miami- 5 pts (#38 in KRACH)
So in those 8 games he score 18 of his 45 pts (40% of his points). In his other 25 games, he scored 27 points.....which is roughly a point per game. It's not that Michaelis was any different, it's the perception that he's different. Which is a long way of saying, we're both saying the same thing. He needed to have monster numbers. All of this just sucks because Michaelis and Dryden didn't have a chance to prove it on the ice. Maybe MSU would have choked again. Maybe they would have kept up the stellar play, but unfortunately, we'll just never know. This was the year that Hastings was building up to for the last 4 years and it got cut short. It sucks, but it is what it is.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14440
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Apr 02 4:05 pm

UND will be obvious favorite going into next season because like always they get people to come back and they have a top recruiting class. Followed by BC, and Cornell if they keep everyone.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

glenhogan21
Veteran
Posts: 1188
Joined: Fri Oct 20 8:19 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by glenhogan21 » Fri Apr 03 12:56 am

BC gonna be good for sure, they do lose a ton of seniors and most their D Corp with only 1-2 d-man lined up to come in. Imagine they’re full force on Tyochnick and any other D in portal.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Apr 03 9:38 am


User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Apr 04 7:44 pm

BADgers adding another goalie.

User avatar
SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2001
Joined: Sun Feb 13 11:14 am
Location: New Prague
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 33 times
Age: 41
Contact:

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Sat Apr 04 9:41 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Sat Apr 04 7:44 pm
BADgers adding another goalie.
I think that means they have three recruited ones on their roster. That could be an issue since they can only play one at a time...

User avatar
Goldy77
Veteran
Posts: 1051
Joined: Wed Feb 01 10:06 am
Location: New Prague, MN
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 32

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Goldy77 » Sun Apr 05 11:14 am

The Granato $h!t show continues.

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10240
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 32 times
Age: 37

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by thinkbui » Sun Apr 05 11:45 am

Even though Granato actually has a coaching resume, so far his tenure in Madison isn't all that dissimilar to what Tom Anastos had at Michigan State. Wisconsin finished 2nd in the conference and lost the conference playoff championship his first season and he seems to be coasting on that even though that wasn't a good year for the B1G. Since then they've only finished in the basement of the conference and have had exactly one postseason win. Maybe he needs more time given how trashed their program was when he was hired four years ago, but if the persistent rumors that numerous of his players don't really want to be there are true, that leaves a mountain left to climb.
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

User avatar
thinkbui
Veteran
Posts: 10240
Joined: Tue Mar 08 12:56 pm
Location: MN and I'm never going to move out of it again.
Been liked: 32 times
Age: 37

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by thinkbui » Sun Apr 05 12:37 pm

Odd that we're talking about him this week since we're about to see him in one of his last non-coaching gigs as rink-side reporter at the 2002 Frozen Four.
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2605
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Maize » Sun Apr 05 2:49 pm

SkiUMahLaw wrote:
Sat Apr 04 9:41 pm


I think that means they have three recruited ones on their roster. That could be an issue since they can only play one at a time...
The other three goalies are:

1. Literally one of the worst goalies in college hockey last year
2. An '01 with bad numbers in juniors that could easily be pushed back a year
3. An NAHL third-stringer

It's not exactly an impenetrable logjam.

User avatar
Goldy77
Veteran
Posts: 1051
Joined: Wed Feb 01 10:06 am
Location: New Prague, MN
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 32

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Goldy77 » Sun Apr 05 3:00 pm

Sounds like some solid recruiting.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Apr 05 6:32 pm

Ohio St goalie is returning for his Sr season.

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8688
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by gopherguy06 » Mon Apr 06 8:07 am

SkiUMahLaw wrote:
Sat Apr 04 9:41 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Sat Apr 04 7:44 pm
BADgers adding another goalie.
I think that means they have three recruited ones on their roster. That could be an issue since they can only play one at a time...
That's what you think. He is developing a 2 goalie on the ice system. Two goalies, fewer goals

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2612
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by D2D » Mon Apr 06 11:40 am

gopherguy06 wrote:
Mon Apr 06 8:07 am
That's what you think. He is developing a 2 goalie on the ice system. Two goalies, fewer goals
I guess when you're the league's bottom feeder you'll try anything.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Apr 07 8:15 pm


User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14440
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Apr 07 8:22 pm

He'll be 25 before the season even starts. If SCSU plays us in the Mariucci Classic and Knies comes in, he'll have 7 years and 2 months on him.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Apr 08 4:04 pm


User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Apr 08 10:56 pm


User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Apr 09 7:20 pm


User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Apr 09 8:30 pm

No mythical banner for the Whioux in the mythical CHN Frozen Four this year. The Whioux does get a shot in the USHO fake championship against Kato.


User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Apr 11 10:22 am

I know what I’ll be watching tonight 7pm on ESPNU 😉 Then SportsCenter @10pm the HB award announced

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14440
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Apr 11 1:26 pm

Bernard Docker is back. Fewer than 25 wins will be a massive disappointment for the Whioux next season. They look like a 30 win team.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Apr 11 9:22 pm

BC beats Denver 3-2 in 2OT for the fake CHN frozen four and the purple cows beat the hawks in OT 4-3 to win the fake uscho frozen four.

User avatar
Bale
Veteran
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Jan 26 11:05 pm
Been liked: 9 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Bale » Sat Apr 11 9:28 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:22 pm
BC beats Denver 3-2 in 2OT for the fake CHN frozen four and the purple cows beat the hawks in OT 4-3 to win the fake uscho frozen four.
Summbitch. We never get to have nice things.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Apr 11 9:42 pm


User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Apr 11 9:49 pm

Bale wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:28 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:22 pm
BC beats Denver 3-2 in 2OT for the fake CHN frozen four and the purple cows beat the hawks in OT 4-3 to win the fake uscho frozen four.
Summbitch. We never get to have nice things.
You won’t accept a fake NCAA frozen four championship as a nice thing in these covid times?! ;)

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8983
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 88 times
Age: 47

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Steve MN » Sat Apr 11 9:53 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:49 pm
Bale wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:28 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:22 pm
BC beats Denver 3-2 in 2OT for the fake CHN frozen four and the purple cows beat the hawks in OT 4-3 to win the fake uscho frozen four.
Summbitch. We never get to have nice things.
You won’t accept a fake NCAA frozen four championship as a nice thing in these covid times?! ;)
I've gotta say... I'm not a big Mankato fan, but, if we were watching the USCHO fake frozen four results for real right now, I'd be a happy hockey fan right now. :dup:
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Apr 11 10:01 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:53 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:49 pm
Bale wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:28 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:22 pm
BC beats Denver 3-2 in 2OT for the fake CHN frozen four and the purple cows beat the hawks in OT 4-3 to win the fake uscho frozen four.
Summbitch. We never get to have nice things.
You won’t accept a fake NCAA frozen four championship as a nice thing in these covid times?! ;)
I've gotta say... I'm not a big Mankato fan, but, if we were watching the USCHO fake frozen four results for real right now, I'd be a happy hockey fan right now. :dup:

We’d all be trying to make sure Viking didn’t die in Detroit right now. :drinks2:

User avatar
Bale
Veteran
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Jan 26 11:05 pm
Been liked: 9 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Bale » Sat Apr 11 10:05 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:49 pm
Bale wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:28 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:22 pm
BC beats Denver 3-2 in 2OT for the fake CHN frozen four and the purple cows beat the hawks in OT 4-3 to win the fake uscho frozen four.
Summbitch. We never get to have nice things.
You won’t accept a fake NCAA frozen four championship as a nice thing in these covid times?! ;)
I think the potential of this team getting cut short.makes me want to cry, but I'd be even more embarrassed to accept a fake banner like was proposed in a certain paper to the north of us.

We sure so find some heartwrenching ways to lose. First #palmquistwaspushed, then the butt non goal, the the.providenss collapse and now cover stopping probably our best team. Its been a hello a last 5 years.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5719
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times
Age: 53

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Apr 11 10:14 pm




User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7510
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times
Age: 32

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Apr 11 10:19 pm

Bale wrote:
Sat Apr 11 10:05 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:49 pm
Bale wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:28 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Apr 11 9:22 pm
BC beats Denver 3-2 in 2OT for the fake CHN frozen four and the purple cows beat the hawks in OT 4-3 to win the fake uscho frozen four.
Summbitch. We never get to have nice things.
You won’t accept a fake NCAA frozen four championship as a nice thing in these covid times?! ;)
I think the potential of this team getting cut short.makes me want to cry, but I'd be even more embarrassed to accept a fake banner like was proposed in a certain paper to the north of us.

We sure so find some heartwrenching ways to lose. First #palmquistwaspushed, then the butt non goal, the the.providenss collapse and now cover stopping probably our best team. Its been a hello a last 5 years.
Well, I think several of us Gopher fans think we could have had something special this year too. At least enjoy your (fake) moment. Someone clearly thought highly enough of you guys. :)

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Apr 12 7:37 am

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sport ... obey-Baker #7 makes it 6 article, Scott Perunovich becomes the sixth Bulldog to win the Hobey Baker award 👍

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Apr 12 7:43 am

“Duluth native Jack Connolly became the record-setting fifth winner in 2012, a year after being named a finalist and leading UMD to its first NCAA title in 2011 at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul“.

“Growing up, Perunovich used to drive down from Hibbing to watch Connolly play for the Bulldogs. Originally a forward before being moved back to the blue line, Perunovich said he modeled his game after the Bulldogs' fifth Hobey winner, who like him was on the smaller side.“.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Apr 12 7:48 am

"He was a difference maker, he was that special of a player," Sandelin said of his fellow Hibbing native, Perunovich, on Saturday night. "Jack was the same way. You need those types of players on your team, but (Perunovich) was also a team player. He cared about the team.

"You don't win championships with one player, but those players make a difference on your team. What he did in his three years here, the things he did on the ice that we've talked about a number of times, they speak for itself. He was fun to watch, he was fun to watch."

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5707
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Re: NCAA hockey 2019-20 season

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Apr 12 7:49 am

“He was the best player in college hockey, from a dominant level controlling a hockey game,” said Minnesota’s Bob Motzko, the former St. Cloud State bench boss who also coached Perunovich on the 2018 U.S. National Junior Team at the World Junior Championship. “He had that ‘it’ factor that doesn’t come around too often.”

Post Reply