2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Talk about College Hockey other than the Gophers...
JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 109 times

2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Sun Apr 21 9:48 pm

Seemed fitting to start this thread today since next year’s tournament is over Easter.
Road to Little Caesar’s is on .
JWG
[This space for rent]

maroon_and_gold
Veteran
Been liked: 8 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by maroon_and_gold » Sun Apr 21 11:43 pm

Duluth probably makes it again. I would say Kato but😬

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Mon Apr 22 8:48 am

Will probabl fly out Thursday AM for this one. Don't really need the extra time in Detroit, and with the hub to hub schedule there should be a variety of available flights.

Area around the arena looks nice and redeveloped.
JWG
[This space for rent]

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Apr 22 7:05 pm

We will head out on Weds again, giving us a cushion in case of bad weather. The flights will be less expensive than Buffalo. Hope the Tigers are in town again like in 2010 so we can kill some time on Friday. We enjoyed Detroit the last time , minus the silly hockey game played in the football stadium.

Biddco
Veteran
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Biddco » Mon Apr 22 7:31 pm

I am able to go and I am thinking of spending part of the week in Toronto and finishing it up in Detroit.
:ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Apr 26 4:47 pm

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri May 03 11:13 am

This opens the door for a Frozen Four in Vegas..

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri May 03 5:44 pm

That was quick. Sounds like Vegas wants in on a regional and a Frozen Four.
https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/ ... Eyeing.php

Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Kelly Red » Sat May 04 12:36 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Apr 22 7:05 pm
We will head out on Weds again, giving us a cushion in case of bad weather. The flights will be less expensive than Buffalo. Hope the Tigers are in town again like in 2010 so we can kill some time on Friday. We enjoyed Detroit the last time , minus the silly hockey game played in the football stadium.
We liked the city too. Stayed in Greektown, will do the same next year and have already booked a room. Lots of restaurants, lots of bars, easy walking to the arena.
And yes, the games were pathetic in the football stadium. How basketball can dictate exact lighting requirements, but hockey was forced to play their championship game on weak ice in horrible conditions is absurd.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Steve MN » Sat May 04 1:08 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Sat May 04 12:36 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
We liked the city too. Stayed in Greektown, will do the same next year and have already booked a room. Lots of restaurants, lots of bars, easy walking to the arena.
And yes, the games were pathetic in the football stadium. How basketball can dictate exact lighting requirements, but hockey was forced to play their championship game on weak ice in horrible conditions is absurd.
Unless I'm mistaken, hockey WANTED to play there to set the attendance record, and accepted the crappy conditions to do that.
:BDTR:

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Sat May 04 1:40 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Sat May 04 1:08 pm
Kelly Red wrote:
frozen4champs wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, hockey WANTED to play there to set the attendance record, and accepted the crappy conditions to do that.
I didn't write that very well, I meant the players. We felt horrible for them, the ice conditions were so crappy. Large melted spots, mushy places, it was just unbelievable that the teams were forced to play in those conditions for their championship games. Te fact that the hockey powers that be let that happen just for attendance is appalling. But hopefully it will never happen again.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by D2D » Sat May 04 9:03 pm

I grew up learning the game on crappy (most of the time) outdoor ice, and as a kid I really loved it. But after freezing my a$$ off when the Gophers played in sub-zero wind-chills - with terrible sight lines - at TCF Bank Stadium several years ago I am on a permanent boycott of all hockey games played outdoors. Period.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Sun May 05 10:06 am

Kelly Red wrote:
Sat May 04 1:40 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Sat May 04 1:08 pm
Kelly Red wrote:
frozen4champs wrote:
I didn't write that very well, I meant the players. We felt horrible for them, the ice conditions were so crappy. Large melted spots, mushy places, it was just unbelievable that the teams were forced to play in those conditions for their championship games. Te fact that the hockey powers that be let that happen just for attendance is appalling. But hopefully it will never happen again.
OK... yes, I agree. That was a HORRIBLE idea that I certainly hope is never attempted again.

wincav
Rookie
Has liked: 1 time

Post by wincav » Tue May 07 4:34 pm

D2D wrote:
Sat May 04 9:03 pm
I grew up learning the game on crappy (most of the time) outdoor ice, and as a kid I really loved it. But after freezing my a$$ off when the Gophers played in sub-zero wind-chills - with terrible sight lines - at TCF Bank Stadium several years ago I am on a permanent boycott of all hockey games played outdoors. Period.
I was there and it was a joke for people trying to watch a hockey game. I will never go to an outdoor game again!

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Cowgirl » Tue May 07 5:19 pm

wincav wrote:
Tue May 07 4:34 pm
D2D wrote:
Sat May 04 9:03 pm
I was there and it was a joke for people trying to watch a hockey game. I will never go to an outdoor game again!
I had tickets at the top of the upper deck. Couldn’t really see any details of the game. I can say I went to an outdoor game but agree, would be totally fine if we never participated in one again.

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Wed May 08 2:14 pm

I was at Detroilet 2010 when they had the tournament at Ford Field. I have gone every year since 1996. Do that again and I'm staying home. Of course, they can't fill a regular arena so I'm not too worried.

We were actually in the 6th row and couldn't see anything. The seats were so close to the ground with no incline I could only see the opposing side of the ice, the boards blocked everything on the side close to me. And forget about seeing the other end trying to look through the penalty boxes and such. So awful.
JWG
[This space for rent]

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by D2D » Wed May 08 5:02 pm

JWG wrote:
Wed May 08 2:14 pm
We were actually in the 6th row and couldn't see anything. The seats were so close to the ground with no incline I could only see the opposing side of the ice, the boards blocked everything on the side close to me. And forget about seeing the other end trying to look through the penalty boxes and such. So awful.
That happened to me and my brother in the NCAA Championship game vs. Harvard back in 1989 at the old Civic Center. We were so blinded by the players' bench right in front of us that we couldn't see anything. We ended up moving to the concourse upstairs and standing for the entire game, until the bitter end. :(

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Aug 12 3:18 pm

MLB announced the 2020 schedule today. For those of us attending the FF in Detroit, the Tigers will be home on Fri Apr 10- Sun Apr 12th vs Angels. Looks like night game on Friday and day games Sat & Sun :dup:

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Sep 13 10:17 am

I need to change some info on my NCAA FF account and I can not navigate their GD site! Nowhere do I see a log-in area except for the SHOP. I want to go into my stored info on the Priority Ticket page and can't find it at all. This whole site is user-unfriendly. Does anyone know where I find the log-in for tickets?
Thanks.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Sep 13 11:12 am

Kelly Red wrote:
Fri Sep 13 10:17 am
I need to change some info on my NCAA FF account and I can not navigate their GD site! Nowhere do I see a log-in area except for the SHOP. I want to go into my stored info on the Priority Ticket page and can't find it at all. This whole site is user-unfriendly. Does anyone know where I find the log-in for tickets?
Thanks.
Have you heard any info on the priority ticket purchase process? I called the NCAA and was put on hold and finally left my call back number. Waiting for that call back to try to get any info on the frozen Four. Last year I got an email invite in August.

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Sep 13 11:18 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Sep 13 11:12 am
Kelly Red wrote:
Thanks.
Have you heard any info on the priority ticket purchase process? I called the NCAA and was put on hold and finally left my call back number. Waiting for that call back to try to get any info on the frozen Four. Last year I got an email invite in August.
Nothing new on the process. I still haven't received the date when we can buy our Priority tickets (seems late this year). I need to change my CC# before the scramble to buy. I was on hold for 45 minutes and also left my number. Their whole process is very poor in my opinion. I guess the attitude is that Cust Serv can be crappy because they're the only game in town.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Sep 13 11:25 am

Kelly Red wrote:
Fri Sep 13 11:18 am
frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Sep 13 11:12 am
Kelly Red wrote:
Thanks.
Nothing new on the process. I still haven't received the date when we can buy our Priority tickets (seems late this year). I need to change my CC# before the scramble to buy. I was on hold for 45 minutes and also left my number. Their whole process is very poor in my opinion. I guess the attitude is that Cust Serv can be crappy because they're the only game in town.
Thanks for the update. I moved last year, gave them my new email and address and they still sent my tickets to the old address, so I'm a bit worried that they still don't have my info. Let's keep each other updated on any info.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Sep 13 12:28 pm

Are they maybe revamping the process/pricing since it’s gotten outrageously expensive and less attended each year? Hopefully that’s a reason for the delay.

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Sat Sep 14 9:38 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Sep 13 12:28 pm
Are they maybe revamping the process/pricing since it’s gotten outrageously expensive and less attended each year? Hopefully that’s a reason for the delay.
:lol:

...oh, you were serious...
JWG
[This space for rent]

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Sep 14 12:02 pm

JWG wrote:
Sat Sep 14 9:38 am
Cowgirl wrote:

I know expecting that is like expecting to see a unicorn....🦄

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Tue Sep 17 9:35 am

Just got my notification for tickets. "Priority Group: D" buying on October 17

Viking
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Viking » Tue Sep 17 9:44 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Sep 14 12:02 pm
JWG wrote:
Sat Sep 14 9:38 am
Cowgirl wrote:

I know expecting that is like expecting to see a unicorn....🦄
Well, you got your unicorn. I got my email from the NCAA about it today. They've started grouping by multiple points now instead of each individual point total.

1 point per year from 1997 through 2019 (they are now counting the Ford Field fiasco as well)

Group A - 23 points
Group B - 20-22 points
Group C - 16-19 points
Group D - 11-15 points
Group E - 6-10 points
Group F - 2-5 points
Group G - 1 point

I can order starting Oct 17 at 9 AM as part of Priority Group D. There are also quite a few new pricing options, as low as $150 for all sessions. I couldn't find anything about limits on number of tickets though. Might have missed it in the email.
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Tue Sep 17 10:40 am

I can't remember what we paid last year for our seats. We were lower bowl centere ice (would be the the $290 seats this year).
I actually prefer the $270 seats.
JWG
[This space for rent]

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Sep 17 11:27 am

No email for me. Well, back on the phone with these bozos again. I updated my address and email with them multiple times ( on the phone and email) , and yet , they screwed it up. :censored:

MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by MNNavy » Tue Sep 17 1:00 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Tue Sep 17 11:27 am
No email for me. Well, back on the phone with these bozos again. I updated my address and email with them multiple times ( on the phone and email) , and yet , they screwed it up. :censored:
Did you check your junk mail folder? That's where mine was.
It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. - Thomas Sowell

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Sep 17 2:19 pm

MNNavy wrote:
Tue Sep 17 1:00 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Tue Sep 17 11:27 am
Did you check your junk mail folder? That's where mine was.
Yep. Nothing .

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by george » Tue Sep 17 3:43 pm

I got an email. I'm group D.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Sep 17 4:12 pm

G spot for us.

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Jupiter » Tue Sep 17 5:21 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Sep 17 4:12 pm
G spot for us.
😳😳😳

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 173 times

Post by Beauner » Wed Sep 18 7:52 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Sep 17 4:12 pm
G spot for us.
I always heard that was a myth
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Mon Oct 07 10:35 am

Tickets purchased! M28 Row 1.
Here's hoping the Gophers ARE there and the Bulldogs ARE NOT there.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Oct 07 11:05 am

It's good to hope haha. I don't buy the tickets every year anymore since I know if the Gophers make it tickets will still be available fairly cheap.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Mon Oct 07 12:12 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Oct 07 11:05 am
It's good to hope haha. I don't buy the tickets every year anymore since I know if the Gophers make it tickets will still be available fairly cheap.
Honestly, I'm leveraging this as an opportunity to visit a new NHL arena I haven't yet been to. That's about the most upside I see coming out of the 2020 tournament.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Oct 15 8:12 pm

For those of you that didn’t get your priority email, what did you do to rectify the situation?

The person we sit with has higher priority (Group D we believe) never got an email either as we are having dinner with them and he had no clue.

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Tue Oct 15 8:15 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:12 pm
For those of you that didn’t get your priority email, what did you do to rectify the situation?

The person we sit with has higher priority (Group D we believe) never got an email either as we are having dinner with them and he had no clue.

Have them call the number that was in our email.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Oct 15 8:17 pm

JWG wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:15 pm
Cowgirl wrote:

He didn’t get the email. That is the problem. 😆

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Oct 15 8:31 pm

Cowgirl wrote:

I called, but then I had to email ncaachampsticketing@ncaa.org to get it worked out. ( At least I hope I did )

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Tue Oct 15 9:14 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:17 pm
JWG wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

I kinda meant share the number with him.
JWG
[This space for rent]

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Oct 15 9:38 pm

JWG wrote:
Tue Oct 15 9:14 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:17 pm
JWG wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

I kinda meant share the number with him.
I would if I knew the number. I only know the scoop from you folk here. I did not get an email, I assumed he did.
So....we are still hoping someone who was in this situation can share that information. ;)

JWG
Golden
Golden

Post by JWG » Tue Oct 15 10:13 pm

866-208-0048 or mensfrozenfour@ncaa.org
JWG
[This space for rent]