2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Talk about College Hockey other than the Gophers...
User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Sun Apr 21 9:48 pm

Seemed fitting to start this thread today since next year’s tournament is over Easter.
Road to Little Caesar’s is on .
JWG
[This space for rent]

maroon_and_gold
Veteran
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Jan 31 3:59 pm
Been liked: 10 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by maroon_and_gold » Sun Apr 21 11:43 pm

Duluth probably makes it again. I would say Kato but😬

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Mon Apr 22 8:48 am

Will probabl fly out Thursday AM for this one. Don't really need the extra time in Detroit, and with the hub to hub schedule there should be a variety of available flights.

Area around the arena looks nice and redeveloped.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Apr 22 7:05 pm

We will head out on Weds again, giving us a cushion in case of bad weather. The flights will be less expensive than Buffalo. Hope the Tigers are in town again like in 2010 so we can kill some time on Friday. We enjoyed Detroit the last time , minus the silly hockey game played in the football stadium.

User avatar
Biddco
Veteran
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Feb 22 6:09 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Age: 32

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Biddco » Mon Apr 22 7:31 pm

I am able to go and I am thinking of spending part of the week in Toronto and finishing it up in Detroit.
:ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Apr 26 4:47 pm


User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Fri May 03 11:13 am

This opens the door for a Frozen Four in Vegas..


User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Fri May 03 5:44 pm

That was quick. Sounds like Vegas wants in on a regional and a Frozen Four.
https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/ ... Eyeing.php

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 3122
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 144 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Kelly Red » Sat May 04 12:36 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Apr 22 7:05 pm
We will head out on Weds again, giving us a cushion in case of bad weather. The flights will be less expensive than Buffalo. Hope the Tigers are in town again like in 2010 so we can kill some time on Friday. We enjoyed Detroit the last time , minus the silly hockey game played in the football stadium.
We liked the city too. Stayed in Greektown, will do the same next year and have already booked a room. Lots of restaurants, lots of bars, easy walking to the arena.
And yes, the games were pathetic in the football stadium. How basketball can dictate exact lighting requirements, but hockey was forced to play their championship game on weak ice in horrible conditions is absurd.
Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let’s go. We’re burning daylight.
-John Wayne

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9221
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 121 times
Age: 48

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Steve MN » Sat May 04 1:08 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Sat May 04 12:36 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Apr 22 7:05 pm
We will head out on Weds again, giving us a cushion in case of bad weather. The flights will be less expensive than Buffalo. Hope the Tigers are in town again like in 2010 so we can kill some time on Friday. We enjoyed Detroit the last time , minus the silly hockey game played in the football stadium.
We liked the city too. Stayed in Greektown, will do the same next year and have already booked a room. Lots of restaurants, lots of bars, easy walking to the arena.
And yes, the games were pathetic in the football stadium. How basketball can dictate exact lighting requirements, but hockey was forced to play their championship game on weak ice in horrible conditions is absurd.
Unless I'm mistaken, hockey WANTED to play there to set the attendance record, and accepted the crappy conditions to do that.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 3122
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 144 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Kelly Red » Sat May 04 1:40 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Sat May 04 1:08 pm
Kelly Red wrote:
Sat May 04 12:36 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Apr 22 7:05 pm
We will head out on Weds again, giving us a cushion in case of bad weather. The flights will be less expensive than Buffalo. Hope the Tigers are in town again like in 2010 so we can kill some time on Friday. We enjoyed Detroit the last time , minus the silly hockey game played in the football stadium.
We liked the city too. Stayed in Greektown, will do the same next year and have already booked a room. Lots of restaurants, lots of bars, easy walking to the arena.
And yes, the games were pathetic in the football stadium. How basketball can dictate exact lighting requirements, but hockey was forced to play their championship game on weak ice in horrible conditions is absurd.
Unless I'm mistaken, hockey WANTED to play there to set the attendance record, and accepted the crappy conditions to do that.
I didn't write that very well, I meant the players. We felt horrible for them, the ice conditions were so crappy. Large melted spots, mushy places, it was just unbelievable that the teams were forced to play in those conditions for their championship games. Te fact that the hockey powers that be let that happen just for attendance is appalling. But hopefully it will never happen again.
Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let’s go. We’re burning daylight.
-John Wayne

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2832
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by D2D » Sat May 04 9:03 pm

I grew up learning the game on crappy (most of the time) outdoor ice, and as a kid I really loved it. But after freezing my a$$ off when the Gophers played in sub-zero wind-chills - with terrible sight lines - at TCF Bank Stadium several years ago I am on a permanent boycott of all hockey games played outdoors. Period.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9221
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 121 times
Age: 48

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Steve MN » Sun May 05 10:06 am

Kelly Red wrote:
Sat May 04 1:40 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Sat May 04 1:08 pm
Kelly Red wrote:
Sat May 04 12:36 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Apr 22 7:05 pm
We will head out on Weds again, giving us a cushion in case of bad weather. The flights will be less expensive than Buffalo. Hope the Tigers are in town again like in 2010 so we can kill some time on Friday. We enjoyed Detroit the last time , minus the silly hockey game played in the football stadium.
We liked the city too. Stayed in Greektown, will do the same next year and have already booked a room. Lots of restaurants, lots of bars, easy walking to the arena.
And yes, the games were pathetic in the football stadium. How basketball can dictate exact lighting requirements, but hockey was forced to play their championship game on weak ice in horrible conditions is absurd.
Unless I'm mistaken, hockey WANTED to play there to set the attendance record, and accepted the crappy conditions to do that.
I didn't write that very well, I meant the players. We felt horrible for them, the ice conditions were so crappy. Large melted spots, mushy places, it was just unbelievable that the teams were forced to play in those conditions for their championship games. Te fact that the hockey powers that be let that happen just for attendance is appalling. But hopefully it will never happen again.
OK... yes, I agree. That was a HORRIBLE idea that I certainly hope is never attempted again.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
wincav
Rookie
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Mar 13 6:14 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by wincav » Tue May 07 4:34 pm

D2D wrote:
Sat May 04 9:03 pm
I grew up learning the game on crappy (most of the time) outdoor ice, and as a kid I really loved it. But after freezing my a$$ off when the Gophers played in sub-zero wind-chills - with terrible sight lines - at TCF Bank Stadium several years ago I am on a permanent boycott of all hockey games played outdoors. Period.
I was there and it was a joke for people trying to watch a hockey game. I will never go to an outdoor game again!

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Tue May 07 5:19 pm

wincav wrote:
Tue May 07 4:34 pm
D2D wrote:
Sat May 04 9:03 pm
I grew up learning the game on crappy (most of the time) outdoor ice, and as a kid I really loved it. But after freezing my a$$ off when the Gophers played in sub-zero wind-chills - with terrible sight lines - at TCF Bank Stadium several years ago I am on a permanent boycott of all hockey games played outdoors. Period.
I was there and it was a joke for people trying to watch a hockey game. I will never go to an outdoor game again!
I had tickets at the top of the upper deck. Couldn’t really see any details of the game. I can say I went to an outdoor game but agree, would be totally fine if we never participated in one again.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Wed May 08 2:14 pm

I was at Detroilet 2010 when they had the tournament at Ford Field. I have gone every year since 1996. Do that again and I'm staying home. Of course, they can't fill a regular arena so I'm not too worried.

We were actually in the 6th row and couldn't see anything. The seats were so close to the ground with no incline I could only see the opposing side of the ice, the boards blocked everything on the side close to me. And forget about seeing the other end trying to look through the penalty boxes and such. So awful.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2832
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by D2D » Wed May 08 5:02 pm

JWG wrote:
Wed May 08 2:14 pm
We were actually in the 6th row and couldn't see anything. The seats were so close to the ground with no incline I could only see the opposing side of the ice, the boards blocked everything on the side close to me. And forget about seeing the other end trying to look through the penalty boxes and such. So awful.
That happened to me and my brother in the NCAA Championship game vs. Harvard back in 1989 at the old Civic Center. We were so blinded by the players' bench right in front of us that we couldn't see anything. We ended up moving to the concourse upstairs and standing for the entire game, until the bitter end. :(
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Aug 12 3:18 pm

MLB announced the 2020 schedule today. For those of us attending the FF in Detroit, the Tigers will be home on Fri Apr 10- Sun Apr 12th vs Angels. Looks like night game on Friday and day games Sat & Sun :dup:

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 3122
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 144 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Sep 13 10:17 am

I need to change some info on my NCAA FF account and I can not navigate their GD site! Nowhere do I see a log-in area except for the SHOP. I want to go into my stored info on the Priority Ticket page and can't find it at all. This whole site is user-unfriendly. Does anyone know where I find the log-in for tickets?
Thanks.
Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let’s go. We’re burning daylight.
-John Wayne

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Sep 13 11:12 am

Kelly Red wrote:
Fri Sep 13 10:17 am
I need to change some info on my NCAA FF account and I can not navigate their GD site! Nowhere do I see a log-in area except for the SHOP. I want to go into my stored info on the Priority Ticket page and can't find it at all. This whole site is user-unfriendly. Does anyone know where I find the log-in for tickets?
Thanks.
Have you heard any info on the priority ticket purchase process? I called the NCAA and was put on hold and finally left my call back number. Waiting for that call back to try to get any info on the frozen Four. Last year I got an email invite in August.

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 3122
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 144 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Sep 13 11:18 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Sep 13 11:12 am
Kelly Red wrote:
Fri Sep 13 10:17 am
I need to change some info on my NCAA FF account and I can not navigate their GD site! Nowhere do I see a log-in area except for the SHOP. I want to go into my stored info on the Priority Ticket page and can't find it at all. This whole site is user-unfriendly. Does anyone know where I find the log-in for tickets?
Thanks.
Have you heard any info on the priority ticket purchase process? I called the NCAA and was put on hold and finally left my call back number. Waiting for that call back to try to get any info on the frozen Four. Last year I got an email invite in August.
Nothing new on the process. I still haven't received the date when we can buy our Priority tickets (seems late this year). I need to change my CC# before the scramble to buy. I was on hold for 45 minutes and also left my number. Their whole process is very poor in my opinion. I guess the attitude is that Cust Serv can be crappy because they're the only game in town.
Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let’s go. We’re burning daylight.
-John Wayne

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Sep 13 11:25 am

Kelly Red wrote:
Fri Sep 13 11:18 am
frozen4champs wrote:
Fri Sep 13 11:12 am
Kelly Red wrote:
Fri Sep 13 10:17 am
I need to change some info on my NCAA FF account and I can not navigate their GD site! Nowhere do I see a log-in area except for the SHOP. I want to go into my stored info on the Priority Ticket page and can't find it at all. This whole site is user-unfriendly. Does anyone know where I find the log-in for tickets?
Thanks.
Have you heard any info on the priority ticket purchase process? I called the NCAA and was put on hold and finally left my call back number. Waiting for that call back to try to get any info on the frozen Four. Last year I got an email invite in August.
Nothing new on the process. I still haven't received the date when we can buy our Priority tickets (seems late this year). I need to change my CC# before the scramble to buy. I was on hold for 45 minutes and also left my number. Their whole process is very poor in my opinion. I guess the attitude is that Cust Serv can be crappy because they're the only game in town.
Thanks for the update. I moved last year, gave them my new email and address and they still sent my tickets to the old address, so I'm a bit worried that they still don't have my info. Let's keep each other updated on any info.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Sep 13 12:28 pm

Are they maybe revamping the process/pricing since it’s gotten outrageously expensive and less attended each year? Hopefully that’s a reason for the delay.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Sat Sep 14 9:38 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Sep 13 12:28 pm
Are they maybe revamping the process/pricing since it’s gotten outrageously expensive and less attended each year? Hopefully that’s a reason for the delay.
:lol:

...oh, you were serious...
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Sep 14 12:02 pm

JWG wrote:
Sat Sep 14 9:38 am
Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Sep 13 12:28 pm
Are they maybe revamping the process/pricing since it’s gotten outrageously expensive and less attended each year? Hopefully that’s a reason for the delay.
:lol:

...oh, you were serious...
I know expecting that is like expecting to see a unicorn....🦄

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9221
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 121 times
Age: 48

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Steve MN » Tue Sep 17 9:35 am

Just got my notification for tickets. "Priority Group: D" buying on October 17
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Viking
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3045
Joined: Fri Feb 11 3:07 pm
Location: Searching for the elusive beer tree
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 58 times
Age: 51

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Viking » Tue Sep 17 9:44 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat Sep 14 12:02 pm
JWG wrote:
Sat Sep 14 9:38 am
Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Sep 13 12:28 pm
Are they maybe revamping the process/pricing since it’s gotten outrageously expensive and less attended each year? Hopefully that’s a reason for the delay.
:lol:

...oh, you were serious...
I know expecting that is like expecting to see a unicorn....🦄
Well, you got your unicorn. I got my email from the NCAA about it today. They've started grouping by multiple points now instead of each individual point total.

1 point per year from 1997 through 2019 (they are now counting the Ford Field fiasco as well)

Group A - 23 points
Group B - 20-22 points
Group C - 16-19 points
Group D - 11-15 points
Group E - 6-10 points
Group F - 2-5 points
Group G - 1 point

I can order starting Oct 17 at 9 AM as part of Priority Group D. There are also quite a few new pricing options, as low as $150 for all sessions. I couldn't find anything about limits on number of tickets though. Might have missed it in the email.
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Tue Sep 17 10:40 am

I can't remember what we paid last year for our seats. We were lower bowl centere ice (would be the the $290 seats this year).
I actually prefer the $270 seats.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Sep 17 11:27 am

No email for me. Well, back on the phone with these bozos again. I updated my address and email with them multiple times ( on the phone and email) , and yet , they screwed it up. :censored:

User avatar
MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1452
Joined: Thu Apr 10 9:14 pm
Location: Lakeville, MN
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by MNNavy » Tue Sep 17 1:00 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Tue Sep 17 11:27 am
No email for me. Well, back on the phone with these bozos again. I updated my address and email with them multiple times ( on the phone and email) , and yet , they screwed it up. :censored:
Did you check your junk mail folder? That's where mine was.
It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. - Thomas Sowell

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Sep 17 2:19 pm

MNNavy wrote:
Tue Sep 17 1:00 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Tue Sep 17 11:27 am
No email for me. Well, back on the phone with these bozos again. I updated my address and email with them multiple times ( on the phone and email) , and yet , they screwed it up. :censored:
Did you check your junk mail folder? That's where mine was.
Yep. Nothing .

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5760
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by george » Tue Sep 17 3:43 pm

I got an email. I'm group D.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Sep 17 4:12 pm

G spot for us.

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14986
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 424 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Jupiter » Tue Sep 17 5:21 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Sep 17 4:12 pm
G spot for us.
😳😳😳

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29008
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 319 times
Age: 32

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Beauner » Wed Sep 18 7:52 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Sep 17 4:12 pm
G spot for us.
I always heard that was a myth
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Mon Oct 07 10:35 am

Tickets purchased! M28 Row 1.
Here's hoping the Gophers ARE there and the Bulldogs ARE NOT there.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15000
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 198 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Oct 07 11:05 am

It's good to hope haha. I don't buy the tickets every year anymore since I know if the Gophers make it tickets will still be available fairly cheap.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Mon Oct 07 12:12 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Mon Oct 07 11:05 am
It's good to hope haha. I don't buy the tickets every year anymore since I know if the Gophers make it tickets will still be available fairly cheap.
Honestly, I'm leveraging this as an opportunity to visit a new NHL arena I haven't yet been to. That's about the most upside I see coming out of the 2020 tournament.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Oct 15 8:12 pm

For those of you that didn’t get your priority email, what did you do to rectify the situation?

The person we sit with has higher priority (Group D we believe) never got an email either as we are having dinner with them and he had no clue.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Tue Oct 15 8:15 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:12 pm
For those of you that didn’t get your priority email, what did you do to rectify the situation?

The person we sit with has higher priority (Group D we believe) never got an email either as we are having dinner with them and he had no clue.

Have them call the number that was in our email.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Oct 15 8:17 pm

JWG wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:15 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:12 pm
For those of you that didn’t get your priority email, what did you do to rectify the situation?

The person we sit with has higher priority (Group D we believe) never got an email either as we are having dinner with them and he had no clue.

Have them call the number that was in our email.
He didn’t get the email. That is the problem. 😆

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Oct 15 8:31 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:12 pm
For those of you that didn’t get your priority email, what did you do to rectify the situation?

The person we sit with has higher priority (Group D we believe) never got an email either as we are having dinner with them and he had no clue.
I called, but then I had to email ncaachampsticketing@ncaa.org to get it worked out. ( At least I hope I did )

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Tue Oct 15 9:14 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:17 pm
JWG wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:15 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:12 pm
For those of you that didn’t get your priority email, what did you do to rectify the situation?

The person we sit with has higher priority (Group D we believe) never got an email either as we are having dinner with them and he had no clue.

Have them call the number that was in our email.
He didn’t get the email. That is the problem. 😆
I kinda meant share the number with him.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Oct 15 9:38 pm

JWG wrote:
Tue Oct 15 9:14 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:17 pm
JWG wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:15 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 15 8:12 pm
For those of you that didn’t get your priority email, what did you do to rectify the situation?

The person we sit with has higher priority (Group D we believe) never got an email either as we are having dinner with them and he had no clue.

Have them call the number that was in our email.
He didn’t get the email. That is the problem. 😆
I kinda meant share the number with him.
I would if I knew the number. I only know the scoop from you folk here. I did not get an email, I assumed he did.
So....we are still hoping someone who was in this situation can share that information. ;)

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Tue Oct 15 10:13 pm

866-208-0048 or mensfrozenfour@ncaa.org
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Feb 19 5:10 pm

Got an email today that the Frozen Four tickets are on the way. :good2:

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 3122
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 144 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Kelly Red » Wed Feb 19 8:03 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Feb 19 5:10 pm
Got an email today that the Frozen Four tickets are on the way. :good2:
Me too! The GOOD Me Too! :wink:
Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let’s go. We’re burning daylight.
-John Wayne

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Thu Feb 20 12:22 pm

Tickets have arrived in record time.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Feb 20 9:42 pm

So here’s a fun fact. We purchased our tickets in the second level for $180 a seat for the three games. They are obviously hard up for fans - they are now offering lower bowl packages for $190. What a slap in the face to priority members. :evil:

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14986
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 424 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Jupiter » Thu Feb 20 9:47 pm

There have been tons of ads on TV and Twitter the last few months.... They are really pushing it.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Feb 20 9:48 pm

They better let us move our seats.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15000
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 198 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Feb 20 9:49 pm

A few years ago when the priority stopped mattering I made the decision to only pick up tickets if the Gophers make it. Think lots of people did that from all the fanbases and it was a perfect storm.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9974
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 136 times
Age: 45

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by davescharf » Thu Feb 20 9:57 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Thu Feb 20 9:49 pm
A few years ago when the priority stopped mattering I made the decision to only pick up tickets if the Gophers make it. Think lots of people did that from all the fanbases and it was a perfect storm.
That and maybe no one wants to go to De-Toilet?
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15000
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 198 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Feb 20 10:41 pm

That doesn't help
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Feb 21 5:31 am

The start in the downfall of the attendance for the Frozen Four started in 2010 in Detroit. The NC$$ thought playing the FF inside Ford Field was a good idea (mainly for the cash grab I'm sure). There were so many issues with site lines, especially if you sat on the bleachers on the floor. It was classic NC$$. That cost them a ton of season ticket holders. Then they started to keep the good center ice seats open for season ticket holders and others of the arenas they played in, which left the middle pretty empty for the Thursday games because those people only wanted to go the the championship game.( looked horrible on TV) At the same time, they started charging different prices for different areas. Before it was one price for upper deck, and one for lower deck. Now, they have multiple pricing including a ton for sitting on the glass. Doesn't this all sound familiar to the Gopher season tickets? If the Whioux make it this year, it will be full, but otherwise it could be ugly.

That said, my wife and I continue to go every year. It's one of our vacations. We enjoy going to cities we would normally not have any interest in. Our priorities in what we do in each city is probably different than others, so that may affect if people like the city or not. Buffalo was fine since we were not there in 2003, and we went to Toronto on our off day. We actually liked the city of Detroit last time ( not the venue), and with the new arena, there are a ton of new bars down by the arena and downtown Detroit is fine. Not looking forward to Pittsburgh next year. Boston the year after is good, but both are repeat cities in the last 10 FFs. If I were king, I would have Tampa in a 4 year cycle, St Paul in a 6 year cycle, and then mix in new cities ( Nashville, Vegas, Seattle) with old favorites ( Denver, Washington DC, Milwaukee,Boston, Etc). From what I have heard, the NC$$ is making it less viable for host cities to make any money, so I'm afraid the event will keep going back to the same cities more often.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Feb 21 8:10 am

We too go to the FF annually. And I share your sentiments about having Tampa and St. Paul as regulars and getting some new places. Nashville and Vegas are tops on my list for new places - Vegas will be in the next round for sure, but for the foreseeable future Nashville has a contract with a basketball tourney so they aren’t interested. With current FF attendance I can see why.
It sure does feel like being raked over the coals like a Gopher STH in that we pay good money up front and then they waltz out ticket packages for the general public that beat what we paid.
Guess that’s what we get for being loyal, die-hard fans.

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3851
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Bladepuller » Fri Feb 21 8:29 am

We stopped FF tickets a few years back.
Gopher ST will stop after 20 -21, more than likely.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Feb 24 12:24 pm


User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Mar 11 3:37 pm

It isn't clear if it includes the Frozen Four, but CHN seems to think it does.
This decision will impact the entire NCAA hockey tournament — including Regionals and Frozen Four.
Last edited by frozen4champs on Wed Mar 11 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sun Feb 13 11:14 am
Location: New Prague
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 50 times
Age: 41
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Wed Mar 11 3:47 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Mar 11 3:37 pm
It isn't clear if it includes the Frozen Four or just the upcoming events. It doesn't look good.
Commentators are indicating that it includes the Frozen Four. Good for us, it'll feel like Mariucci! :biggrin2:

User avatar
g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6410
Joined: Sun Jan 21 12:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 74 times
Age: 47

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by g-manpuck » Wed Mar 11 4:08 pm

It seems that if it is a game that is under the NCAA supervision than it will fall under this according to about every sports writer I've seen on Twitter. So does this mean if the Purple Cows finally win a game at the NCAA's will it count since no one will be there to witness it? :lol:
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Mar 11 4:11 pm

I sure as hell hope a tv crew is considered essential personnel! Wally and frank too!!

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Wed Mar 11 4:44 pm

Yea, his statement was a bit vague, "upcoming championship events"... I get you don't want to over or under commit, but at this point people have travel plans that need to be adjusted.

I'm sure e-mails will be coming out soon.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19742
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 981 times
Been liked: 665 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Mar 11 5:07 pm

I'm meeting three buddies from tUMD in Denver /Loveland for the west regional. Looks like it's brewpubs and/or skiing. :)
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Mar 11 5:55 pm

It’s official. Think the event will even happen?

https://www.ncaa.com/tickets/icehockey-men/d1

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Mar 11 6:00 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 11 5:55 pm
It’s official. Think the event will even happen?

https://www.ncaa.com/tickets/icehockey-men/d1
It will, but would not be shocked if they move it to a smaller venue. Feel sorry for all the lost revenue that the city, bars, hotels etc will lose on this.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Mar 11 6:03 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Mar 11 6:00 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 11 5:55 pm
It’s official. Think the event will even happen?

https://www.ncaa.com/tickets/icehockey-men/d1
It will, but would not be shocked if they move it to a smaller venue. Feel sorry for all the lost revenue that the city, bars, hotels etc will lose on this.
Apart from getting to see some friends I don’t see often, if there’s a FF trip destination to miss, I’d say this is high on the list. Now I have a couple more PTO days for next hockey season :)

Getting our flight compensation sorted out is going to be the headache though.....

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times
Age: 54

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Mar 11 6:14 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 11 6:03 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Mar 11 6:00 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 11 5:55 pm
It’s official. Think the event will even happen?

https://www.ncaa.com/tickets/icehockey-men/d1
It will, but would not be shocked if they move it to a smaller venue. Feel sorry for all the lost revenue that the city, bars, hotels etc will lose on this.
Apart from getting to see some friends I don’t see often, if there’s a FF trip destination to miss, I’d say this is high on the list. Now I have a couple more PTO days for next hockey season :)

Getting our flight compensation sorted out is going to be the headache though.....
Agreed. Our airline (Delta) I think will wave the change fees, but won't refund us the money, just give us credit. We then have to use it by a certain time, which is before the next FF. So I guess we are going somewhere later this year. I just hope the NCAA doesn't feel sorry and give Detroit a FF in the next ones that will be announced.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times
Age: 33

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Mar 11 6:50 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Mar 11 6:14 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 11 6:03 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Mar 11 6:00 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 11 5:55 pm
It’s official. Think the event will even happen?

https://www.ncaa.com/tickets/icehockey-men/d1
It will, but would not be shocked if they move it to a smaller venue. Feel sorry for all the lost revenue that the city, bars, hotels etc will lose on this.
Apart from getting to see some friends I don’t see often, if there’s a FF trip destination to miss, I’d say this is high on the list. Now I have a couple more PTO days for next hockey season :)

Getting our flight compensation sorted out is going to be the headache though.....
Agreed. Our airline (Delta) I think will wave the change fees, but won't refund us the money, just give us credit. We then have to use it by a certain time, which is before the next FF. So I guess we are going somewhere later this year. I just hope the NCAA doesn't feel sorry and give Detroit a FF in the next ones that will be announced.
They are making you use the flights this year (2020) which is unfair - they should allow it for a year from the original flight dates. We also booked on points or companion fares...so getting that back is probably going to be a nightmare. I think we’ll come out on the short end of this.
Still waiting to hear what comes of a couple trips in May (one on alaska airlines, through Seattle) - and one to Portland (delta). Doubtful these are all flights/trips we can re-use in 2020, and again some were booked with companion fares. Let the headaches begin. They should just refund. It would be soooooo much easier. This is an extenuating circumstance and I get they don’t want to give up money....but we need to help each other out. We are all losing something with this corona outbreak.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9221
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 121 times
Age: 48

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Steve MN » Wed Mar 11 7:17 pm

Be careful how you do this in Delta's system. I was stepping through the cancellation, and when it showed what was going to happen, I said no, but it cancelled anyway and gave me a credit (which is OK, but it was only half what I paid). And, they appear to be having system problems now (not a surprise, I'm sure they're slammed) so I'm waiting to get a rep on the line to help me.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Wed Mar 11 7:48 pm

Detroit should never get the Frozen Four again. They are a curse to the event.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7846
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 194 times
Age: 102
Contact:

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by JWG » Wed Mar 11 7:49 pm

In theory, if you booked on Delta before 3/9 you should be able to cancel at no charge for a credit that has to be booked prior to your original booking date.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9221
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 121 times
Age: 48

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Steve MN » Wed Mar 11 8:21 pm

JWG wrote:
Wed Mar 11 7:49 pm
In theory, if you booked on Delta before 3/9 you should be able to cancel at no charge for a credit that has to be booked prior to your original booking date.
Which is what I thought, so when I saw the page, I tried backing out of the cancellation on the flight, but it processed through instead, and the credit in the system is only for half of what I paid.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
gopheritall
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2096
Joined: Thu Mar 25 10:09 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 13 times
Age: 52

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by gopheritall » Wed Mar 11 9:53 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Wed Mar 11 8:21 pm
JWG wrote:
Wed Mar 11 7:49 pm
In theory, if you booked on Delta before 3/9 you should be able to cancel at no charge for a credit that has to be booked prior to your original booking date.
Which is what I thought, so when I saw the page, I tried backing out of the cancellation on the flight, but it processed through instead, and the credit in the system is only for half of what I paid.
Don't let Delta get away with that. Get one the call and keep asking for a supervisor until you get what you want. Not sure if you want a full cancel or info the cancel as you tried on the website.

Every time ask for the rep's name so you can include it in a letter to Delta's CEO.

You could also take a shot at Delta on Twitter.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9221
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 121 times
Age: 48

Re: 2020 Frozen Four - Detroit

Post by Steve MN » Wed Mar 11 10:00 pm

gopheritall wrote:
Wed Mar 11 9:53 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Wed Mar 11 8:21 pm
JWG wrote:
Wed Mar 11 7:49 pm
In theory, if you booked on Delta before 3/9 you should be able to cancel at no charge for a credit that has to be booked prior to your original booking date.
Which is what I thought, so when I saw the page, I tried backing out of the cancellation on the flight, but it processed through instead, and the credit in the system is only for half of what I paid.
Don't let Delta get away with that. Get one the call and keep asking for a supervisor until you get what you want. Not sure if you want a full cancel or info the cancel as you tried on the website.

Every time ask for the rep's name so you can include it in a letter to Delta's CEO.

You could also take a shot at Delta on Twitter.
They had like 4 hour wait times on the phone today... so I tried the online chat... going to try the chat again tomorrow while I'm working, and call on Friday if I don't get a decent resolution before then. Until I actually talk to someone, I'm not going to get too worked up about how their website processed things.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Post Reply